PDA

View Full Version : Syed Russel interview on PA

al-Sagar
August 28, 2010, 11:29 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_08_29/content_zoom/2010_08_29_23_7_b.jpg

lamisa
August 29, 2010, 04:37 AM
awww,i feel so sad for poor pacers!that's another reason apart from pitch quality why we can't produce good pacers

Rifat
August 29, 2010, 03:38 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_08_29/content_zoom/2010_08_29_23_7_b.jpg

something is gravely wrong with our national team.
Syed Rasel said:

"Every year I feel like he has committed crime playing for the national team. instead of feeling proud he feels shame..."

He also said,

"even an average batsmen or any type of spinner earns more money than a pacer"

he also said,

"I perform bad due to a lack of confidence, if i play bad in one match, I gravely fear that i will get dropped for the next match, with these thoughts constantly bothering me, i cannot really perform"

he was complaining about how the club teams repeatedly ignore the pacers even though every season there are a number of pacers who tops the charts in wickets.

I am gonna say, I feel ya bro :sigh:

an in form Rasel will do wonders for Bangladesh!

thank you for sharing this article, offstump bro :up:

billah
August 29, 2010, 04:01 PM
[বাংলা]ইগ্গারে ফ্রতম আলু থ্র্যাড এ ফাডাই দিলে সোন্দর অইবো আরি[/বাংলা]

al-Sagar
August 29, 2010, 05:21 PM

ami bhai eita PA-thread ei disilam but moderator ra sekhan theke ene New Thread banay dise.

thanks to moderators.

sometimes there are issues which demands a new thread. if it goes in PA thread, it may not get noticed by people.

Zunaid
August 29, 2010, 05:30 PM

The topic is NOT Prathom Alo.

al-Sagar
August 29, 2010, 11:01 PM
The topic is NOT Prathom Alo.

it is from prothom alo

lamisa
August 30, 2010, 04:38 AM
but surely pacers like shafiul and mash get signed in pretty early?

shakibrulz
August 30, 2010, 07:19 AM
"I perform bad due to a lack of confidence, if i play bad in one match, I gravely fear that i will get dropped for the next match, with these thoughts constantly bothering me, i cannot really perform"

What?

He has been given a bunch of opportunities and failed to prove himself consistent, specially against the G8. Plus imagine playing him @ flat tracks :timeout:

Either he gotta be damn accurate with his pace, and even then he can come only handy in slow/perfect bowling conditions. Guys like Shafiul, Rubel's got good pace to their advantage, plus they are young.

Mahmood
August 30, 2010, 08:46 AM
The pool system is idiotic, many players get a chance to play one match, no point segregating them. The pool should only be for the players currently on BCB payroll.

Baundule
August 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
Could someone please explain the pool system?

Being a pace bowler is probably the most difficult option for a cricketer. It drains your energy out, it makes you injury-prone. And if the pitches do not suit the pacers, no one will want to spend that much effort, specially when bowling (or even chucking) spin gets you more wickets with less effort. Can not blame the clubs. It is up to the BCB...

shakibrulz
August 30, 2010, 10:28 AM
Could someone please explain the pool system?

Being a pace bowler is probably the most difficult option for a cricketer. It drains your energy out, it makes you injury-prone. And if the pitches do not suit the pacers, no one will want to spend that much effort, specially when bowling (or even chucking) spin gets you more wickets with less effort. Can not blame the clubs. It is up to the BCB...

LOL @ spin getting more wickets without much efforts. Spin bowling may 'physically' be less demanding that pace bowling, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get wickets for spin bowling. Ineffective can be milked for runs like any other pacers. While pacers have a good chance to get the new ball advantage on the flatest of the tracks, spin bowlers won't get a single wicket without clever variations on such wickets. And not mention the reverse swing they get with the older ball. So lets not just make up things here just coz top wicket takers are spinners.

And oh, there are pacers who 'chuck' ala Akhtar.