PDA

View Full Version : Shakib's got hip injury

MohammedC
August 30, 2010, 12:16 PM
Shakib got hip injury according to the commentator. They dont know how bad the injury is. He picked up the injury while batting today for his county team Worcestershire at New Road against division 1 and side Somerset. I hope Shakib is ok.

bujhee kom
August 30, 2010, 12:19 PM
Allah bless Shakibul! May Allah bless heal him well and quick!

Rabz
August 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
Worrying news. Hope he would be fine soon.

MohammedC
August 30, 2010, 12:28 PM
How bad is "sore hip muscle" ? That was the term used by commentator

roman
August 30, 2010, 12:35 PM
I hope he recovers soon.

MohammedC
August 30, 2010, 02:23 PM
News on shakib's injury. He will miss the trip to Surrey.

AN injury to Shakib Al Hasan failed to take the gloss off Worcestershire Royals’ third successive Clydesdale Bank 40 Group ‘A’ victory.
The Bangladeshi all-rounder injured his hip on his way to a fine 91 and was unable to take to the field and bowl as the Royals earned a 49-run success over group leaders Somerset Sabres at New Road and moved off the foot of the table.
The 23-year-old has strained his hip and is doubtful for tomorrow’s trip to Surrey Lions.
But Shakib’s injury didn’t stop him from hitting his best one-day score for Worcestershire as the County put on 255-9 in their final home CB40 match of the season.
The Bangladesh vice-captain fell nine short of what would have been a deserved century in front of one of the best crowds at New Road this season. Shakib reached his 50 off just 40 balls, striking four fours before stepping on the gas.
Needing 11 for his maiden County century, Shakib called for a runner as his hip was causing him pain.
With the hundred in sight, the world’s number one one-day international all-rounder tried to scoop Alfonso Thomas for four, only to be bowled behind his legs.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/8361280.County_beat_Sabres_to_climb_off_bottom/

shakibrulz
August 30, 2010, 02:37 PM
Oh dear. Hope it's just a strained hip and he recovered fast. :(

_Rafi_
August 30, 2010, 02:40 PM
I was waiting for more than one month to watch Shakib on TV.Star Cricket will telecast the match tomorrow. Pora kopailla bangali:((((

Tiger-ess
August 30, 2010, 03:19 PM
News on shakib's injury. He will miss the trip to Surrey.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/8361280.County_beat_Sabres_to_climb_off_bottom/

I baught tickets to that match!!!!!!:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

Just my luck...:mad: Gotta turn to plan B now...catch him at boring lords(for county cricket before people start throwing abuse at me), Hope he recorvers soon...and its not anything too serious!!

bangla-red
August 30, 2010, 03:24 PM
He misses the first game shown on TV :(. I was wondering why he wasn't bowling.

Zeeshan
August 30, 2010, 03:48 PM
Allah bless Shakibul! May Allah bless heal him well and quick!

dada you should pass on some wisdom from your experiences...

dolcevita
August 30, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hope he plays tomorrow
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

simon
August 30, 2010, 05:50 PM
May Allah help him recover,
I hope he will be fine before NZ series.

al-Sagar
August 30, 2010, 06:28 PM

ditto

jisaan
August 31, 2010, 03:33 AM

that remains my prime concern!

jisaan
August 31, 2010, 03:36 AM
Hope he plays tomorrow

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

he has been a key to worcestershire's revival. they would try every bit to play him.

lamisa
August 31, 2010, 04:33 AM
this is way too sad!we only have a couple of stars in our team and both of them are suffering from some sort of injury!plus i have been waiting so eagerly to watch shakib and i told everybody within my friends and family who follow cricket to watch shakib on the 1st!:(

MohammedC
August 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
It's confirmed on wccc website shakib is not on the squad list for Surrey game.

http://www.wccc.co.uk/matchReports/teamPreview.asp?mrID=185

Zunaid
August 31, 2010, 09:34 AM
And the Worcs physio reports:

Head Physio, Ben Langley, gives the latest on the players visiting the physio room:

Chris Whelan will be out for the remainder of the season with a continuing left ankle injury. Matt Mason and Alan Richardson both have knee soreness but are available to play in matches.
Shakib Al Hasan suffered a hip strain in yesterday’s CB40 v Somerset Sabres and after a review on Tuesday 31st August will not play in the CB40 against Surrey Lions.

roman
August 31, 2010, 09:43 AM
Right now, i dont even care if he plays for WCC or not . He should take some time off so that he can recover from the injury. I hope and want to see a fit Shakib against NZ. May Allah heal him fast.

Rizvi
August 31, 2010, 10:09 AM
With the hundred in sight, the world’s number one one-day international all-rounder tried to scoop Alfonso Thomas for four, only to be bowled behind his legs.

Sounds familiar? Why is he even scooping on 90's?

akabir77
August 31, 2010, 12:12 PM
damm he might miss the match against Peterson team...

akabir77
August 31, 2010, 12:14 PM

Sounds familiar? Why is he even scooping on 90's?

when is he suppose to scoop then? in 90 he was well set and there was a gap where he couldn't easily scored 4 but it didn't worked out that time, though while getting to 90 he did played that shot to get runs...

some times we r too much critical...:shh:

Raynman
August 31, 2010, 12:49 PM
With the exception of Ash and Aftab vs. WI in the 07 T20 win and Ash vs. SA in 2007 WC, I don't even recall the scoop being a successful stroke for any bangladesh batsman.

godzilla
August 31, 2010, 12:55 PM
has anyone realised that before a series one of our players always gets injured. sucks hein!

tonoy
August 31, 2010, 02:18 PM
Shakib not being able to play the next game makes me a Sad Panda.

hamid
August 31, 2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah Shakib won't play against his bunny Kevin Pietersen. (Pietersen has been left out of England's ODI squad and is playing for Surrey for the rest of the season.)

FagunerAgun
September 1, 2010, 04:47 AM
Hope he will be OK soon and 'rock in the County Music'.

Tiger Manc
September 1, 2010, 05:33 AM
hope he gets well soon

lamisa
September 1, 2010, 05:51 AM
but he doesn't need a surgery or something,right?

Habib
September 1, 2010, 05:58 AM
but he doesn't need a surgery or something,right?

no he just needs some rest.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BanCricFan
September 1, 2010, 08:53 AM
The way boy swings his bat mindlessly, without any balance, I'm not surprised he has injured his hip...AGAIN. He put way too much pressure and strain on his feeble structure and he could seriously damage himself...perhaps, career threatening injuries.

Tamim has stopped swinging his head and bat at the same time and is much more balanced now as he is playing more and more proper cricketing shots. Shakib MUST do the same, otherwiswe,...

MohammedC
September 1, 2010, 12:46 PM
according to Evesham Journal's sports report by Michael Reeves Shakib may be back for Saturdays game.

But the Royals will make the journey to the Oval without Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.
Worcestershire are hopeful the 23-year-old will be fit for Saturday’s trip to Lancashire Lightning.

http://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/sport/wccc/8363263.KP_to_face_County_after_joining_Surrey/

BANFAN
September 2, 2010, 04:01 AM
according to Evesham Journal's sports report by Michael Reeves Shakib may be back for Saturdays game.

http://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/sport/wccc/8363263.KP_to_face_County_after_joining_Surrey/

That's a great news.

lamisa
September 3, 2010, 03:56 AM
^^^good,then the worcs thread will revive.it's been sort of dead ever since shakib got injured

zainab
September 3, 2010, 05:40 AM
Shakib should rest that hip or else it might get worse.

MohammedC
September 3, 2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.wccc.co.uk/matchReports/teamPreview.asp?mrID=186

Shakib not in squad for tomorrows match also

roman
September 3, 2010, 08:53 AM
^^^ good now lets give Shak's hip some break :)...

RazabQ
September 3, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'd rather he play the County matches than these bang-bang 40 over ones

zainab
September 4, 2010, 06:11 AM
I think that he will be returning to BD for Eid, so that will be the end of his county stint, he can rest for the week's holiday, then resume training with the team. He is much needed for the Kiwi series.

wiseshah
September 4, 2010, 10:53 AM
when the final team against NZ will be selected? including shakib and tamim