PDA

View Full Version : Attn BCB: PLEASE Appoint Mo. Rafique as Bowling Coach!

MarufH
September 2, 2010, 04:08 PM
Recently, I have been hearing how our board is struggling to find a bowling coach. I have an idea... why not appoint our very own Rafique? He was a great sportsman and excellent spinner. In sub continent pitches, Rafique can be very valuable asset to our team. If he can work with Shakib, Razzaq, and Mahmudullah... we r set. I don't think Mash needs much coacing... JS can work with one other fast bowler. Remember 2007 WC, we had in form Mash.. and four other spinners (Including Rassel :p)

Food for thought.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2010, 11:49 PM
A club should get him for the above job first.

lamisa
September 3, 2010, 03:25 AM
BCB jodi eto bujhto tahoile bd cricketer ajke ei dosha hoito na!

roman
September 3, 2010, 09:55 AM
Rafiq is still playing for Abahoni and he does not have a coaching certificate.

shakibrulz
September 3, 2010, 10:53 AM
Erm.. no. Even if he was coaching, I think BD needs a decent pace bowler as coach. Spin department has been pretty decent, but pace department is terribly inconsistent.

MarufH
September 3, 2010, 10:16 PM
Rafiq is still playing for Abahoni and he does not have a coaching certificate.

Some are born coach... he may not require them. ;)

MarufH
September 3, 2010, 10:19 PM
Erm.. no. Even if he was coaching, I think BD needs a decent pace bowler as coach. Spin department has been pretty decent, but pace department is terribly inconsistent.

Just because it's decent.. doesn't mean we don't need improvement. I don't think pace will win any game for us or any team in subcontinent for that matter. Especially we don't have "Steyn" type of bowler who can improve over night. I think if we can play our trump card right... we have a real chance at doing well in this WC.

MarufH
September 3, 2010, 10:20 PM
A club should get him for the above job first.

You are on the dot... but just don't like people saying no to BD team... show them we have capable hands. Shalader demag vallage na.

BASSMAN
September 4, 2010, 05:18 PM
Rafique might have been a great spinner and an asset to the team when he played.

However he have also been involved with many arguments with management and team players and would rather do harm than good.

I also dont see how any bowling coach will miracously prepare the bowlers within such a small period of time.

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2010, 12:48 AM

However he have also been involved with many arguments with management and team players and would rather do harm than good.
He is/was a great mentor and has more love for the land than our parlament members combined have.

Some of the conflict arose from mentoring issues (Zim).

nakibahmed
September 8, 2010, 12:09 PM
Rafique has easily been one of the best players in the country,but he has NO COACHING SKILLS whatsoever,i mean,even Gary Kirsten and Lance Klusner have graduated a level one coaching course,Rafique on the other hand would have been a great communicator within the team.I hope he gets more directly involved soon enough,maybe after the WC,who knows.