PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bossman!

shakibrulz
September 10, 2010, 08:54 AM
I think this deserves a seperate thread. Career best figures of 7/32 when the team needed him. Whaddaplaya!!

Happy Eid to all and perfect eid gift for all the fans from Bossman Shakib! :notworthy:

Tiger-ess
September 10, 2010, 09:04 AM
Whatttttaplayer alright!!!!! facking brilliant I tell ya!!!

you know one of my biggest regrets of my 19 year old life is not having seen Shak play a county match this season!! :( :(

I couldnt make it all the way to worcester or any other games outside london, had tickets to the Oval match but my fate being my fate shakib got injured. Couldnt make it to lords tuesday/wednesday/thursday and today friday its eid so deffo couldnt go today! But hopefully this performance has sealed him a contract for next year and im alive by then I shall without a doubt go see him wherever in England!!! So happy for the lad now he'll celerate Eid a happy man =D

cricket_king
September 10, 2010, 09:30 AM
Shakib is a freaking beast. Jesus! Defending a target of 178 almost single-handedly is pretty outstanding.
Now all he needs to do is improve that batting.

_Rafi_
September 10, 2010, 09:37 AM
That was freakish. Wow...what a way to celebrate Eid!
Congrats and Eid Mubarak Shakib!

Naimul_Hd
September 10, 2010, 09:37 AM
A perfect SALAMI to his fans from SHAKIB !!

You hate him or love him but you just cant ignore him, can u ? :D

beshideshi
September 10, 2010, 09:38 AM
Amazing, if only pitches back in BD cracked like Lords' pitch, Shakib would end up with a 5fer every 2nd innings of a test.

Habib
September 10, 2010, 09:40 AM
A perfect SALAMI to his fans from SHAKIB !!

You hate him or love him but you just cant ignore him, can u ? :D

Who hates him exactly?

Zunaid
September 10, 2010, 09:44 AM
Who hates him exactly?

Maybe 7 Middlesex players? :)

nakibahmed
September 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
never ceases to keep amazing me.unbelievable stuff in english conditions,i wonder how many Bangladeshis will be lined to play in the next county season or the IPL.He's just opening new horizons for Bangladesh just like how Richard Hadlee did for New Zealand in his time,SHAKIB FOR PRESIDENT!:D

MohammedC
September 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
Congrats Iceman.

WCCC fan forum are demanding immidiate signing of Shakib for next year.

Habib
September 10, 2010, 10:08 AM
Maybe 7 Middlesex players? :)

HHS. Humourous as always Zunaid uncle :)

Habib
September 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Congrats Iceman.

WCCC fan forum are demanding immidiate signing of Shakib for next year.

Yeah. Just visited their forum. They had a new record of 60 online today. All thanks to Shakib.

BlindSupporterofBD
September 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Congrats Shakib, for this outstanding performance,, What a way to celebrate eid!!

Habib
September 10, 2010, 10:13 AM
never ceases to keep amazing me.unbelievable stuff in english conditions,i wonder how many Bangladeshis will be lined to play in the next county season or the IPL.He's just opening new horizons for Bangladesh just like how Richard Hadlee did for New Zealand in his time,SHAKIB FOR PRESIDENT!:D

Uhu. Prime minister. Bangladeshe president er temon ekta value nai.

MohammedC
September 10, 2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah. Just visited their forum. They had a new record of 60 online today. All thanks to Shakib.

I think we should give them a present by clicking the link below. They were really happy when 60 people were online at one time.

http://www.wcccfansforum.com/forum.htm

ialbd
September 10, 2010, 10:42 AM
oh Shakib's eid bonus.... zabardast....

Ashraful are you watching?

shakibrulz
September 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
The Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan took a career-best 7 for 32 to send woeful Middlesex spinning to a remarkable 111-run defeat at Lord's and keep Worcestershire firmly in the County Championship Division Two promotion race. Middlesex, set 178 to win when Worcestershire were bowled out after an hour's play on the final morning for 256 in their second innings, crumbled to 66 all out in 31.1 overs.

Shakib took three wickets in an over at one stage, and the turn he got from the wearing surface was just too much for the Middlesex batsmen. Only the first-innings centurion Owais Shah, with 25 in his final innings for the county, seemed to have any idea of how to flourish against Shakib's left-arm spin - until, that is, he holed out to mid-on.

Gareth Berg was then caught at slip two balls later, pushing forward, and the last ball of Shakib's sixth over saw Tim Murtagh slice a wildly optimistic drive to point. That burst left Middlesex reeling at 54 for 7, but they had already been in deep trouble. Alan Richardson, playing against the county he left at the end of last season, had struck twice with the new ball while Shakib had removed Dawid Malan just before lunch and Dan Housego just after the interval.

Richardson had John Simpson lbw for a first-ball duck during his opening over, before angling one across Scott Newman to have the left-hander caught low down at second slip by Daryl Mitchell in his fifth over. Malan, having scored the single which completed his 1,000 first-class runs for the season, fell for 2 when he moved across his crease and had his leg stump clipped as he missed an attempted flick off his pads.

Housego was lbw on the back foot as he tried to defend against Shakib, and Shah's rush of blood - which produced a simple catch to Jack Shantry - merely hastened the end as the Middlesex lower order surrendered with barely a whimper.

Toby Roland-Jones was lbw to Shakib, going back to a well-flighted ball when he should have been forward, and Neil Dexter - the home side's last hope - was brilliantly caught for 21 by Vikram Solanki at backward short leg off Moeen Ali's off-breaks. Fittingly, Shakib picked up the final wicket when Steven Finn attempted a mow to leg but succeeded only in skying a catch to wicketkeeper Ben Cox.

The day had begun with Worcestershire just 116 ahead on 195 for 7 in their second innings and when Moeen fell for 81 - having added just 10 to his overnight score - and Shantry quickly followed for a duck, caught at the wicket off Pedro Collins, it seemed as if the match was going Middlesex's way.

But Gareth Andrew more than doubled his overnight 34 by going to 73 with some cleanly-struck blows and Richardson hung around to help him add an important 34 for the last wicket.

Yet the victory target still seemed well within Middlesex's reach - until Shakib began to weave his web of destruction. Worcestershire are now at home to Sussex in next week's final round of Championship matches, and could yet pip Glamorgan for the second promotion place.

http://www.cricinfo.com/countycricket2010/content/story/476422.html

MohammedC
September 10, 2010, 10:58 AM

Record broken. 64 now. Good eid present by BCites
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

al-Sagar
September 10, 2010, 10:59 AM
well done, u have made us and our country PROUD

Purbasha T
September 10, 2010, 05:28 PM
All praise to God and his nice little usila (Shakib). :D

Zeeshan
September 10, 2010, 05:47 PM
Signed. Undeniable performance by the Iceman. He is making a habit to stand out from the crowd more and more.

FagunerAgun
September 10, 2010, 06:27 PM
Wow! The Ice Man rocks again!!

al Furqaan
September 10, 2010, 07:24 PM
there is a honour's board for county/domestic perfomers...shakib should be on that.

lemme check real quick...nope, no board for domestics.

ashraful1
September 11, 2010, 04:43 AM
Wow Shakib u truely amazing thanks 4 the eid gift, 7-32!! my mum didn't want me to go work on eid (I work in lords) but watching Shakib was all I wanted. He making all of us so proud.

zainab
September 11, 2010, 06:50 AM
Well, if Shakib had returned to BD for Eid, he would not have given himself and us die hard fans this woonderful gift for Eid. Allah knows best. I hate it a lot when fans come on this site and bash him for his batting. I think that he is more of a bowling allrounder, but he does contribute with the bat. His problem is lack of patience, if he can overcome this and stay at the wicket for at least 10 overs, he can score runs.

bujhee kom
September 15, 2010, 04:40 PM
A red salaam to Shakibuley!!
That's a good boy! Shakibul!!! :big_hug:

Dearest Shakibrulez bhai, you are a true and genuine Shakib fan, your love, admiration and heart-felt good wishes show through your relentless effort. Thank you for being here amongst us in Banglacricket, we are really proud to have you as a member and bhai and part of the BC family!! Salaam to you as well! :big_hug:

lamisa
September 16, 2010, 04:21 AM
^^^are zaved bhai,apne etodin por koi theke eshe purano threadgulare taaja kortesen?

shakibrulz
September 16, 2010, 04:28 AM
A red salaam to Shakibuley!!
That's a good boy! Shakibul!!! :big_hug:

Dearest Shakibrulez bhai, you are a true and genuine Shakib fan, your love, admiration and heart-felt good wishes show through your relentless effort. Thank you for being here amongst us in Banglacricket, we are really proud to have you as a member and bhai and part of the BC family!! Salaam to you as well! :big_hug:
Ha ha.. Thanks bro.. :)

_Rafi_
September 16, 2010, 11:13 AM
Congrats Bossman and Worce for promotion!

P.S. Mods, could you change the thread title to congrats Bossman and Worce.

shakibrulz
September 16, 2010, 11:32 AM
Congrats Bossman and Worce for promotion!

P.S. Mods, could you change the thread title to congrats Bossman and Worce.

Seconded.

Congrats BossMan & Worcs. Legendddddddddd http://imm.io/media/1k/1knu.png

simon
September 16, 2010, 11:33 AM
excellent prfrmnce by Worc,congratulation to Worc and Sakib.:)

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 05:33 AM
shakibre congratz bolte bolte ami tired hoye jachchi but i won't stop congratulating him on his achievements!CONGRATZ BOSSMAN!