PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Squad for ODI series against New Zealand : Ashraful dropped

Miraz
September 13, 2010, 08:25 AM
Media Release

Bangladesh Squad for ODI series against New Zealand

Fast bowler Masrafe Bin Mortaza will lead Bangladesh in next month's 5-match ODI Series against New Zealand in Dhaka. Following is the Bangladesh Squad. The players will report for training on Wednesday, 15 September at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium:

1. Masrafe Bin Mortaza (Captain)

2. Shakib Al Hasan (Vice Captain)

3. Shahriar Nafees

4. Imrul Kayes

5. Zunaed Siddique

6. Roqibul Hassan

7. Mushfiqur Rahim

8. Mahmudullah

9. Jahirul Islam

10. Naeem Islam

11. Abdur Razzak

12. Shafiul Islam

13. Rubel Hossain

14. Md. Sohrawordhi

Stand by: Mohammad Ashraful, Nazim Uddin, Nazmul Hossain, Dollar Mahmud, Shuvogoto Hom

simon
September 13, 2010, 08:35 AM
so SN will rplce TI.
last chnce for Sn.
good that Ash is dropped.

Zunaid
September 13, 2010, 08:36 AM
Can't complain with the 14..

beshideshi
September 13, 2010, 08:37 AM
Was expecting to see Nazimuddin ahead of SN, otherwise can't complain. Glad to see S. Hom in the 19, I feel he might just be used in the world cup as a surprise package

simon
September 13, 2010, 08:39 AM
btw Sohrawrdi is hopeless,wld hv prefered S.Hom.

ahnaf
September 13, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hmm.. Good work..

roman
September 13, 2010, 09:02 AM
I had a feeling that BCB would pick Nafees instead of Nazimuddin. I like the 14. All the best tigers!!

Tiger444
September 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
Can't complain with this squad..I thought Nazim deserved it more then Nafees with his performances but we didn't see how they performed in training camp so we can't really make judgments..this is SN's make or break series..dropping Faisal for Naeem was smart as well..Faisal should just be considered for tests since he's not really a hard hitter..Shuvo's really on the hot seat..there is no excuse for him not to perform..NZ batsmen are not very good against spin so he has to take advantage..same as Raj..overall it seems to be a strong squad but Tamim being out will definitely hurt us..

shakibrulz
September 13, 2010, 09:19 AM
Who is Suhrawadi? Is it Shuvo?
And I can't understand why tried and tested failure Nafees is in the squad. He's a good minnowbasher but therre it ends. From what I've heard Nazimuddin would've been a much better choice.

Also Shuvo should've been in the squad instead of standby players.

Still a decent squad of course, all the best to the tigers. :)

Tiger444
September 13, 2010, 09:24 AM
Who is Suhrawadi? Is it Shuvo?
And I can't understand why tried and tested failure Nafees is in the squad. He's a good minnowbasher but therre it ends. From what I've heard Nazimuddin would've been a much better choice.

Also Shuvo should've been in the squad instead of standby players.

Still a decent squad of course, all the best to the tigers. :)

ya its Shuvo the spinner..

riankhan
September 13, 2010, 09:34 AM
Good to see Ash dropped.
Again, glad to see Shuvagoto in the standby (too early?)

shakibrulz
September 13, 2010, 09:42 AM
ya its Shuvo the spinner..

Hmm.. Let's see how he does with the ball this time.. But there's already Shakib so I don't think there's need of a mediocre part timer who is so-so with the bat.

No offies/leggies in BD domestic sides? Naeem is an off spinner right?

Naimul_Hd
September 13, 2010, 09:44 AM
Good to see that selectors are stick with these players. No more surprises before World Cup.

patriot
September 13, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ashraful should have been selected instead of that Md. Mediocre Sohrawordhi . His mediocre bowling will take us no where. Ash bowls as good as him and if we are lucky we might see an eid innings from him.

mac
September 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
what has SN done to get the call? Why not Nazimuddin?

roman
September 13, 2010, 09:55 AM
^^^thats my question too. I think its just the selector's personal inclination towards SN

beshideshi
September 13, 2010, 10:07 AM
Ashraful should have been selected instead of that Md. Mediocre Sohrawordhi . His mediocre bowling will take us no where. Ash bowls as good as him and if we are lucky we might see an eid innings from him.

4 matches are not enough to judge a player. He has a FC avg of 20.58 and a list A avg of 22.88, this guy can definitely bowl. BD domestic->International is a big step up, so he would take some time to settle in. Once he does I am sure he will prove to be an asset.

Ajfar
September 13, 2010, 10:09 AM
SN hasn't done anything since his last year DPL performance, Nazim should have been there instead of him. Other than that its a pretty good squad. I guess we won't be seeing Rasel around for World Cup. Injuries ruined it all for him. I just can't see him making the playing 11 over Shafiul.

Ajfar
September 13, 2010, 10:11 AM

When was the last time we saw in Eid Innings ha? I'm thinking Ashraful is transforming from Eid to Christmas, heck maybe to leap year.

Tiger444
September 13, 2010, 10:14 AM
4 matches are not enough to judge a player. He has a FC avg of 20.58 and a list A avg of 22.88, this guy can definitely bowl. BD domestic->International is a big step up, so he would take some time to settle in. Once he does I am sure he will prove to be an asset.

Also he was the best bowler for the A team against South Africa and West Indies..I like Shuvo and think he can be a good bowler once he gets his feet wet..but this is the series he has to prove himself..

mac
September 13, 2010, 10:26 AM
Batting department lacks fire power. Can't trust Shakib with the bat now. But against NZ in home condition any score over 250 will be interesting.

roman
September 13, 2010, 10:29 AM
When was the last time we saw in Eid Innings ha? I'm thinking Ashraful is transforming from Eid to Christmas, heck maybe to leap year.
:lol: good one!

Equinox
September 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
They are a pacer short. Rasel should have been in. And Nazim deserves to be there instead of SN. Good to see Shuvagoto in the reserves. I think he deserved to be in the main squad ahead of Naeem. And hopeless Shuvo is back again why?

XI:
Jahirul Islam
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Rokibul Hasan
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Mashrafe Mortaza*
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

simon
September 13, 2010, 11:03 AM
I say consider this as the last chance for the joker SN.
if fails throw him far from the national sqd forever.

Nadim
September 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
I hope SN is there just to carry the drinks.

Perfect time for Jahirul to show his class at top of the innings. So we can have TIK+JI opening the innings against India on 19th Feb.

Go Jahu!

shabbir
September 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
I was one of guy who always didn't want Ash in the team.But still I think Ash should get one more chance before world cup at home.Ash and Nazim should get chance in the last two match.

bham786
September 13, 2010, 11:15 AM
I was one of guy who always didn't want Ash in the team.But still I think Ash should get one more chance before world cup at home.Ash and Nazim should get chance in the last two match.

Insallah ash will get back in the team am sure his luck will change lol
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tiger444
September 13, 2010, 11:18 AM
They are a pacer short. Rasel should have been in. And Nazim deserves to be there instead of SN. Good to see Shuvagoto in the reserves. I think he deserved to be in the main squad ahead of Naeem. And hopeless Shuvo is back again why?

XI:
Jahirul Islam
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Rokibul Hasan
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Mashrafe Mortaza*
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

That should be the squad going in to the 1st game..

Bond
September 13, 2010, 12:03 PM
Imrul Gas
Nazimuddin
Junaid Siddique
Mohammed Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Riyadh
Shakib al Hasan
Sohrawardillion
Mashrafe
S. Islam
A. Razzak

dolcevita
September 13, 2010, 12:15 PM
Last chance for SN
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

wiseshah
September 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
great squad, wish tamim was here. shuvo is really a test player more than ODI and 20/20 and still selectors want to convert him a ODI player and ruin his career.

glad to see shuvagoto hom in the reserve squad, he was not in the preliminary squad, if anyone injured, i hope he gets chance ahead of ashraful. dollar mahmud hasnot done anything to be in the reserve even.

my squad for the first match

imrul kayes
junaed siddiqui
shahriar nafees/jahirul islam
rokibul
mushfiq
riad
shakib
naeem
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul

extra: shuvo, rubel, jahirul/nafees

roman
September 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
Imrul Gas
Nazimuddin
Junaid Siddique
Mohammed Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Riyadh
Shakib al Hasan
Sohrawardillion
Mashrafe
S. Islam
A. Razzak
Nzim & ash are not playing against NZ

Fazal
September 13, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ashraful is not dropped.

Ashraful is given day-off by Bagh Mama so that he can take care of his business before his Bibaho and followup honeymoon. This is a gift given by the selection comittee to Ashraful in appreciation for the great service that he provided for last few years.

max410
September 13, 2010, 12:35 PM
Shahniar nafess this is his last chance to do something and shuvro i don't think it was good choice enamul haque juniour would have been better choice nazimuddin should be given a chance

rinathq
September 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
Good to see SN back, decline it all u want, he used to be the best opening Batsman before Tamim. A chance in the tests on a position that is not his against the no. 1 team is a poor way to evaluate a player. I am sure he will do well. Not happy about Shuvo though, want Shuvogoto there. Other wise a good squad i think

S. Nafees
Imrul Kayes
Junaid
Jahirul
Sakib
Mushy
Naeem
Shuvo (dunt want Mahmudullah)
Mash
Razzaq
Shafiul

It should be a great game......

rinathq
September 13, 2010, 12:44 PM
Shahniar nafess this is his last chance to do something and shuvro i don't think it was good choice enamul haque juniour would have been better choice nazimuddin should be given a chance

Wow, Ash gets a 1000 chances where SN gets 1??? This is his first ODI back after ICL, he was tried a test against the best team in the world.....

bdtiger
September 13, 2010, 12:47 PM
Really surprised to see SN in the team and not Ashraful. But certainly SN will fail if he gets chance. Soon there will be a replacement and Ashraful will get a chance ahead of Nazimuddin. This is the plan so far I guess.

rinathq
September 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
Really surprised to see SN in the team and not Ashraful. But certainly SN will fail if he gets chance. Soon there will be a replacement and Ashraful will get a chance ahead of Nazimuddin. This is the plan so far I guess.

Ashraful is not getting a chance and thats that. Nazim will get called if SN fails.....

bdtiger
September 13, 2010, 01:09 PM
Ashraful is not getting a chance and thats that. Nazim will get called if SN fails.....

How are you so sure? Don't you remember what happened in England tour! If Ashraful were given a chance for 5 matches then he would have failed for sure and now as he is out he will get sympathy and when SN will fail Ashraful will get in and will continue till WC because of public emotion. This is the plan to keep him in the team. Now there are so many good batsmen in the team (Tamim, Imrul, Junaid, Jahirul, Rokibul, Mushfiq all are better then Ashraful) and even players who don't get chance (Nazimuddin, Alok Kapali) are better too. So... Lets see what happens.

HereWeGo
September 13, 2010, 01:14 PM
I thought Shuvogoto was not even a part of the 25 man squad... That was a pleasant surprise.....

I just wish Jamie Siddons had a chance to look at players like Shabbir and Noor Hossain from the U19s. I am sure he would have mentored them better and they would do better than ICL lover SN and Retard Raqibul Hasan...

Tiger-ess
September 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
I hope SN is there just to carry the drinks.

Perfect time for Jahirul to show his class at top of the innings. So we can have TIK+JI opening the innings against India on 19th Feb.

Go Jahu!

Exactly my opinion!!
see great minds think alike:-D
Go Jahu indeed!!!

Murad
September 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
Faisal dropped after 2/3 games at no.8? LOL

Stupid selectors gave him a chance in alien condition but not at home. :sick:

And what has SN done in last one year to get a call? :o

Anyways..this is a home series so squad might be changed after the first/2nd game.

revolver
September 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
good squad....hope nafees does good..our bowling lacks, no trustworthy bowlers apart from mortaza
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

wiseshah
September 13, 2010, 01:34 PM

Anyways..this is a home series so squad might be changed after the first/2nd game.

agree. plus he didnt get chance in most of the matches. ithink he played only one or 2 matches at number 8 position. would love to discard him after seeing his performance and given opportunity but its kind of unfair. I think nazimuddin deserve call more than nafees.

Tiger-ess
September 13, 2010, 01:37 PM
Although I detest his position in the team, it breaks my heart when I read the headline which goes something like "Ashraful dropped for .... series" :( :( dont know why...

roman
September 13, 2010, 01:42 PM
^^^unfortunately this is the best possible bowling attack that we have. I hope BCB can find a quality bowling coach atleast few days before Oct 5th.

Murad
September 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
Although I detest his position in the team, it breaks my heart when I read the headline which goes something like "Ashraful dropped for .... series" :( :( dont know why...

Don't worry sis. My man will come back strongly some day but for now he needs to be out of the squad. This will teach him some lessons.

auntu
September 13, 2010, 02:00 PM
Well with no Tamim it would be very tough for the Tigers.

SN would flop and he would be dropped for the last two matches (I hope I would be wrong). But We have a solid batting lineup with Imrul, Rock, Mushy and Jahurul. They are all decent batsmen. Only lacking is a genuine big hitter or a natural striker of the ball.

So I think instead of Shuvo someone else who is a clean striker of the ball could be selected.

Baundule
September 13, 2010, 02:13 PM
They should have taken a wicket-keeper in the squad. Mushfiq can score 25 runs; but his drop lets the opposition score 50+ more.

roman
September 13, 2010, 02:18 PM
They should have taken a wicket-keeper in the squad. Mushfiq can score 25 runs; but his drop lets the opposition score 50+ more.
We have Jahurul for that..This guy is also a good wicket-keeper

revolver
September 13, 2010, 02:21 PM
^^^unfortunately this is the best possible bowling attack that we have. I hope BCB can find a quality bowling coach atleast few days before Oct 5th.

yhh we need it..fast

Zeeshan
September 13, 2010, 02:23 PM

Don't worry sis. My man will come back strongly some day but for now he needs to be out of the squad. This will teach him some lessons.

BCB is just playing hard to get...

simon
September 13, 2010, 03:03 PM
The question is are we ready for a WC sans ASH?

Nocturnal
September 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
No Surprise of SN's inclusion. I read it like a week earlier in some Newspaper.
Good squad overall.

Now Ashraful's price would be much higher for coming DPL dol-bodol! lol

_Rafi_
September 13, 2010, 03:42 PM
Although Nazimuddin deserves a chance but I think SN selection is a tactical one from selectors. SN would do well against Nz medium pacer in home condition. His selection might be short time basis.
Dropping Ash also makes sense to me. We have Junaid, Roxy, Mushy to play in middle order. Johurul is standby in the squad. Having Ash means an overcrowded middleorder selection. Plus Ash on the bench would create a lot more pressure to our new regular MO batters. Ash would be always in contention to make into main 11 incase of failure of them.
Good selection overall.

Baundule
September 13, 2010, 03:59 PM
We have Jahurul for that..This guy is also a good wicket-keeper
He is worse than even Mushy.

simon
September 13, 2010, 04:00 PM
this looks like the most appreciated selection ever.

simon
September 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
He is worse than even Mushy.

who told?looked decent in that historic ODI.

Equinox
September 13, 2010, 04:05 PM

I forgot about Foisal. Surprised to see he isn't even near the team this time. His performance wasn't that bad especially with the ball. I would have preferred him over Naeem or Shuvo. The guy has been performing for ages and our selectors repay him by giving him 3 games in alien conditions and dropping him straight away for the next series.

There's something fishy about SN's selection. I wouldn't be surprised if news comes out that he will play for Abahani next season.

As for Tamim not being there it is certainly a blow but in ODIs him performing isn't a necessity for us to win. He hardly contributed in the England win. Btw since his debut Tamim hasn't missed a single ODI for Bangladesh. He had a streak of 85 consecutive matches which is a Bangladesh record. Unfortunately it's now breaking.

Haru-party
September 13, 2010, 04:05 PM
bring back ashraful :(

Nadim
September 13, 2010, 04:07 PM
well atleast there wont be 5/6 thread after every single match regarding sack/drop Ashraful:D

but i have a feeling that we will miss ash in this series...remeber coz of him we won the one and only odi against nz back in 08.

Nadim
September 13, 2010, 04:07 PM
well atleast there wont be 5/6 thread after every single match regarding sack/drop Ashraful:D

but i have a feeling that we will miss ash in this series...remember coz of him we won the one and only odi against nz back in 08.

riankhan
September 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
Ashraful is not dropped.

Ashraful is given day-off by Bagh Mama so that he can take care of his business before his Bibaho and followup honeymoon. This is a gift given by the selection comittee to Ashraful in appreciation for the great service that he provided for last few years.

Khek khek.......nice to see u again!:lol::lol:
Suddenly I felt alone surrounded by enemies (Ash fans) :lol::lol:
[No offense to ash fans]

Nadim
September 13, 2010, 04:21 PM
sad but true, currently we dont have a single wk batsman that r int standard.

u might claim about dhiman..yh he have the potential to be world class wk but his batting is worse than myself...

only option is Anamul Haque Bijoy but its too early for him to include in the nt team. although i think he cant do worse than mushy in both with the gloves and bat in odi and 20-20.

so get a replacement in wk-bat department i think we have to wait till 2012 minimum.

riankhan
September 13, 2010, 04:32 PM
only option is Anamul Haque Bijoy but its too early for him to include in the nt team. although i think he cant do worse than mushy in both with the gloves and bat in odi and 20-20.

so get a replacement in wk-bat department i think we have to wait till 2012 minimum.

Though I saw him dropping easy catches on U19 highlights (against Eng). But read somewhere that he is best talent we have as a WK. And batting wise, probably he is the most talented among the junior lot

Shehwar
September 13, 2010, 05:35 PM
Good to see SN back ... Hope he does well ...

MohammedC
September 13, 2010, 05:39 PM
Ashraful is not dropped.

Welcome back Fazal bhai.

simon
September 13, 2010, 06:03 PM

but i have a feeling that we will miss ash in this series...remeber coz of him we won the one and only odi against nz back in 08.

Don't worry ,SN will do that.:-D
I'm waiting to see SN giving all kind of catch practices to the Kiwis.:-p

Not entirely because of Ash,it was mainly Big Z who had scored 85 & was the MoM whereas Ash played a good supporting role scoring 60 odd runs.;)

FagunerAgun
September 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
what has SN done to get the call? Why not Nazimuddin?
Yes, I am disappointed as well, I was expecting Nazimuddin in the final lineup of 11.
But the good news is he is still in the squad.

riankhan
September 13, 2010, 06:18 PM
Don't worry ,SN will do that.:-D
I'm waiting to see SN giving all kind of catch practices to the Kiwis.:-p

Not entirely because of Ash,it was mainly Big Z who had scored 85 & was the MoM whereas Ash played a good supporting role scoring 60 odd runs.;)

No no.....it was Ash
We remember his Eid innings of 60....n forgot his 60 innings of Null

সুখ নাই রে পাগল/:)

al-Sagar
September 13, 2010, 07:51 PM
nice to see SN back, though a bit disappointed at nazim not being there. anyway if SN dont clicks then certainly we can try nazim later. this is the make or break chance for SN.

about ash ... no comment. but i am happy he is not there.

about shuvo ... another chance but not sure how much chance he can get. will he play as 5th bowler that is 3rd SLA, or 2nd SLA by dropping raj ??? anyway like SN this may be another make or break chance for Shuvo.

why two pacers in the standby ???? we should have had one spinner in the standby's.

and nice too see shuvagoto at the reserves. it shows selectors have an eye on him.

yaseer
September 14, 2010, 04:48 AM
Based on recent performance, Nazimuddin had the upper hand. But I am happy that Shahriar Nafees is there. Hope he shines this time.

Middle order is a big concern with Sakib, Riyad, Nayeem - all out of form and Raqibul is still making a comeback.

On Ashraful - no worries, he will be in the WC squad for sure :)

cricket_fanatic
September 14, 2010, 04:50 AM
If we had to drop Faisal after 2 matches, we might have given Nasir Hussain a go - I believe he is a decent off-spinner and probably a more handy batsman at 8 than Naeem. If he didn't perform he could always go back to the academy or A side and Naeem could have been brought back fo the world cup.

BANFAN
September 14, 2010, 06:09 AM
Lets see, how we play with this squad. I think, sellectors are trying to give chance to SN to come back to form and he is here as a replacement of Tamim in this series. He should do well, but I'm not that sure about SN doing good, if there is any kind of swing.

firstlane
September 14, 2010, 07:33 AM
good squad....hope nafees does good..our bowling lacks, no trustworthy bowlers apart from mortaza

did Shakib take british passport?

lamisa
September 14, 2010, 07:55 AM
the selection of SN over nazimuddin came as a surprise along with disappointment for me.i think he was misplaced,they probably intended to put him in the zim squad and accidentally put him in the squad against nz!anways on a serious note,i say that let him play a couple of matches and if he fails then just replace him with jahurul.also i think that shuvo,riyad and naeem should all be tested and tis is good because since the WC is in home conditions,it will favour the spinners and we can afford to have a maximum of 2 out of these 3 in the playing XI so this will produce a decent competition between these 3

BD d best
September 14, 2010, 08:07 AM
SN jodi 1st 2/3match e valo korte na pare,tahole maybe selectors ra nazim k chance dibe..then nazim maybe 1ta century kore world cup er chance taw niye nibe...aha...script has been written for Nazim...but SN valo koruk,etaw chai...good wishes for SN...take ur chance and make the best use of it boy...good luck to Bangladesh...

Baundule
September 14, 2010, 02:30 PM
sad but true, currently we dont have a single wk batsman that r int standard.

u might claim about dhiman..yh he have the potential to be world class wk but his batting is worse than myself...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I am usually against drafting players in to the national side before they are ready. But if Anam is a good wicket keeper, he could have been tested in this trial-and-error series. He is a good batsman who can score quickly as well.

About the batting of Dhiman, our batsmen are over-rated. If you look at their averages and strike rates, you will find that bar Tamim, Shakib and one or two more, all of them are below par. There is not much difference between an average of 25 and that of 15. I can sacrifice 10 runs, if the keeper can save 50. Also, Dhiman does not need to be a replacement for Mushy. Mushy can play as a batsman.

To compare: Dhiman has a better List A record than Rahim. That does not prove anything though, because Rahim's List A = ODIs; means, better quality opponents. But Dhiman is probably not a horrible batsman as well. He got the chance in that difficult Australian condition only, and there he was better than most of our batsmen.

Tiger444
September 14, 2010, 06:28 PM
I am usually against drafting players in to the national side before they are ready. But if Anam is a good wicket keeper, he could have been tested in this trial-and-error series. He is a good batsman who can score quickly as well.

About the batting of Dhiman, our batsmen are over-rated. If you look at their averages and strike rates, you will find that bar Tamim, Shakib and one or two more, all of them are below par. There is not much difference between an average of 25 and that of 15. I can sacrifice 10 runs, if the keeper can save 50. Also, Dhiman does not need to be a replacement for Mushy. Mushy can play as a batsman.

To compare: Dhiman has a better List A record than Rahim. That does not prove anything though, because Rahim's List A = ODIs; means, better quality opponents. But Dhiman is probably not a horrible batsman as well. He got the chance in that difficult Australian condition only, and there he was better than most of our batsmen.

Great post..Anamul is too young but Dhiman definitely should be in the talks..Dhiman in domestics is actually a good batsman..however his play in the A team is simply abysmal..he averages only in the teens on the A team while Mushy averaged in the 40's in the A team in FC and 27 in List A..so no doubt that Mushy is a much better batsman..however thinking about it Mushy is not as worthy in ODIs as he is in tests..nowadays we rely on our top order to do the damage and all we need from the lower order is some power hitting..so Mushy in ODIs isn't that valuable..its better if we take a better WK then the better batsman..Kamran Akmal's been dropped already for poor keeping and to be honest Akmal is a better WK then Mushy..the selectors should honestly test how that works but I doubt thats gonna happen..I highly doubt their going to ever drop Mushy..

Ajfar
September 14, 2010, 06:51 PM
The thing about Dhiman is since he came back from ICL he hasn't played that much cricket beside DPL and NCL. First we have to find out if he still has it in him. I think selectors should select him for the future A team tours, also with the domestic season getting underway we might be able to find out if he is still as good as he was before.

desirocker
September 14, 2010, 08:24 PM
Media Release

Bangladesh Squad for ODI series against New Zealand

Fast bowler Masrafe Bin Mortaza will lead Bangladesh in next month's 5-match ODI Series against New Zealand in Dhaka. Following is the Bangladesh Squad. The players will report for training on Wednesday, 15 September at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium:

1. Masrafe Bin Mortaza (Captain)

2. Shakib Al Hasan (Vice Captain)

3. Shahriar Nafees

4. Imrul Kayes

5. Zunaed Siddique

6. Roqibul Hassan

7. Mushfiqur Rahim

8. Mahmudullah

9. Jahirul Islam

10. Naeem Islam

11. Abdur Razzak

12. Shafiul Islam

13. Rubel Hossain

14. Md. Sohrawordhi

Stand by: Mohammad Ashraful, Nazim Uddin, Nazmul Hossain, Dollar Mahmud, Shuvogoto Hom

ki moja ki moja. ah ha ha. achrafool nai. ki moja ki moja

cricket_king
September 14, 2010, 08:38 PM
Glad to see Nazimuddin and Shuvogoto Hom on stand-by. Pretty good selection there.

Shayaan
September 15, 2010, 01:10 AM
Faisal issue calls selection into question

Azad Majumder
It took Faisal Hossain six years to regain his place in the national cricket team but his second innings as an international batsman barely lasted for nine balls as the selectors dubiously dropped him from the squad for the next month’s home series against New Zealand.
Faisal became a source of inspiration for many senior cricketers when he was apparently rewarded for his consistent performance in domestic cricket with a recall at the age of 32 for Bangladesh’s England, Ireland and Scotland tours in July.
But the way he has been thrown out of the side now has rather put Bangladesh’s selection policy into question as the player was given only two matches in one of which he did not have the opportunity to bat.
In the only matches he batted (against England in the first ODI at Nottingham), Faisal came as number eight batsman in the 47th over, stayed for 14 minutes in the crease, faced nine balls and was unbeaten on eight.
‘Hardly I could do anything better as the wicket was tumbling down from the other end. Still I was not picked for the next match even though one of our regular batsmen was injured,’ Faisal lamented on Tuesday.
In the second ODI at Bristol, the team management opted for Mohammad Ashraful who had just landed off the plane as a late replacement for the injured Roqibul Hassan and Faisal had to watch the game, which Bangladesh won, from the dressing room.
Ashraful’s twin failures opened the door for him again against Ireland in the second ODI but he did not need to bat as Tamim Iqbal made a fifty which helped Bangladesh overhaul an easy target of 190 runs.
Still Faisal made his contribution picking up a wicket with his occasional left-arm spinner.
Asked about his exclusion, chief selector Rafiqul Alam told New Age they had dropped him for performance and team combination but he could not give any detailed explanation.
‘It is nothing personal against him. We considered performance and team combination when we made the team,’ Rafiqul said. Asked how they judged performance when the players did not play any domestic or international game after the England series, Rafiqul had no answer.
The explanation Rafiqul gave could hardly satisfy Faisal, who said he had expected at least the same number of matches when he had first been called up in the side in 2004 to prove his mettle.
Faisal, the first specialist left-handed batsman to play for Bangladesh, was given one Test and four ODIs when he first made it into the national team in 2004 with a tour to West Indies.
‘Even that was not enough,’ Faisal said. ‘I think when selectors pick a player they should give him enough number of matches to prove his worth. They simply cannot throw away a player after a game or two.’
‘Now what they have done with me has also affected my club career. For those two matches, I am now in the national pool which significantly reduced my bargaining capacity with the club for the next season,’ Faisal said.
In keeping with rules, a club can pick only three players from the national pool which means Faisal will need to find a new club unless his present club, Mohammedan, decides to retain his service against odds.
Mohammedan now have five pool players — Tamim, Ashraful, Aftab, Faisal and Mahmudullah — which has made the decision a very tough for the reigning Dhaka Premier League champions.
Things became further complicated as they decided to woo Sakib al Hasan from arch-rivals Abahani. Tamim is the only player that Mohammedan are certainly going to retain and if Sakib comes, any three of Ashraful, Aftab, Faisal and Mahmudullah will have to leave.
It was earlier reported Mahmudullah would be their third player but Faisal on Tuesday claimed he was going to stay and has already signed papers.
‘I was really tensed. Thanks to Mohammedan. I am now relived. But I had to accept a pay cut to stay with the club, which I would not need to do if I was not in the pool,’ Faisal said.
His claim could not be verified from any Mohammedan sources but if the club decides to keep Faisal and leave Ashraful, Aftab and Mahmdullah, it will be a fitting reply from the player to the selectors. New Age

riankhan
September 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Shak will be back and Mushi is khushi

After getting Pont
Mash wont get smashed
Shofi hobena bowling papi and Rubel dekhabe khel

Good think is
Ash is ashed and Raz-zak baad zak

[no offense to Razzak......ছড়া মেলা{না বলে কথা...:D]

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think Shahriar Nafees should be given the first 3 odis as opener and Nazimuddin 2. I think 3 matches is enough for sn to prove himself. If he doesn't do well then nazimuddin should be given a go for the remaining 2.

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
Wow i can't believe how they treated failsal hossain. I have to say some of their selection policies has been a joke! If your going to recall him at least give him a proper run in the team. Also why on earth did they not pick sn for the a-team, yet pick him for the national team? Selectors are a complete joke.

lamisa
September 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
I think Shahriar Nafees should be given the first 3 odis as opener and Nazimuddin 2. I think 3 matches is enough for sn to prove himself. If he doesn't do well then nazimuddin should be given a go for the remaining 2.

nazimuddin toh team e nai,bhai.o toh stand-by...

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 09:53 AM
^^^ yeah but he could be selected if sn is dropped right? or is that only if another player is injured?

zainab
September 25, 2010, 06:44 AM
I cannot believe that Shariar Nafees and Naeem Islam have been chosen over Ashraful. At least Ash should have been in a 15 member squad, Most countries have a 15 member squad, why only 14 here.
Nafees cannot move his foot and all bowlers know that he is a LBW candidate, Nayeem bats recklessly.
Ash shoud captain the team that the BCB is thinking of sending to China for the Asian games

Tiger444
September 25, 2010, 07:13 AM
I cannot believe that Shariar Nafees and Naeem Islam have been chosen over Ashraful. At least Ash should have been in a 15 member squad, Most countries have a 15 member squad, why only 14 here.
Nafees cannot move his foot and all bowlers know that he is a LBW candidate, Nayeem bats recklessly.
Ash shoud captain the team that the BCB is thinking of sending to China for the Asian games

So Ash should get the nod over Naeem and SN just because of his past performances? He's had the 2nd worst average and worst SR for a batsman so far this year..He's far from deserving a spot on the team..he's badly out of form and needs to score big in the NCL if he wants to come back to the team..and Naeem bats recklessly because he's a 7/8 batsman..isn't he supposed to bat recklessly to get us to a good score? I agree SN is not great and should've been replaced by Nazim..

lamisa
September 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
^^^ yeah but he could be selected if sn is dropped right? or is that only if another player is injured?

no,u can shuffle about players who are in the aquad.u can only pick a standby if someone is injured or something

simon
September 25, 2010, 07:51 AM
Even though I hate SN & don't trust in Nazimuddin's ability,I will still hope they get a chance over Ash.