PDA

View Full Version : Shakib: Pleasure in performance (The Daily Star)

MohammedC
September 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
Pleasure in performance
Shakib returns on September 18

Shakib Al Hasan confessed that he had no qualms of being lonely in the West Midlands of England.
"I am enjoying my time so much that I don't feel homesick," said all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan while talking with the Daily Star Sport over phone yesterday, moments before he left home for the second day's play against Sussex at the New Road ground.
"Before this time, I had once enjoyed Eid abroad but that was with teammates. But this time it was something new for me. But honestly speaking I didn't feel bad though I thought that it would be hard for me to stay without my family for more than a month," said Shakib, who will return home on September 18 to join the training camp to prepare for the next month's one-day series against New Zealand.
It was altogether a different Eid celebration for the Bangladesh all-rounder, who already made his mark in County Cricket, as he had a game on Eid day at Lord's.
Shakib performed his Eid prayers at the Regents Park Mosque and then played the game against Middlesex where he took a career-best 7 for 32 to earn a stunning victory for Worcestershire. After the game he joined an Eid party at St. Peters College and then had dinner with a Bangladeshi family in London.
"Actually I enjoyed the day. So far I have had hardly any leisure time besides cricket. I am enjoying every bit of it here as everything is new to me.
"I am playing cricket in a totally different atmosphere. The reaction was as usual even after my seven-wicket haul," informed Shakib.
He also said that the supporters want him to continue his stint with Worcestershire in the next season also. "This is great feeling as the supporters want me to continue with my team for next season also," he said, adding, "I learnt many things by playing county cricket but it must reflected in my performance while playing for the national team. I have to prove that my county experiences matured me. Ultimately performance is the key for any player," said Shakib.
The immediate-past Bangladesh skipper believed that his performance in England's domestic game will open a window for other Bangladeshi players.
"Definitely it's open a window but once again performance is the key. I think Tamim (Iqbal) has every chance to play county cricket next year because he is now our No 1 performer," he hoped.
"You can't replace him with any other player right at the moment. So, we will feel his absence during the five-match one-day series against New Zealand," opined Shakib.
The all-rounder has learned many things as a cricketer by playing county cricket but as a cook he became skilled at only two recipes. "I can make only omelette and fried eggs."

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=154467

roman
September 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
Pleasure in performance

The all-rounder has learned many things as a cricketer by playing county cricket but as a cook he became skilled at only two recipes. "I can make only omelette and fried eggs."

:floor: bechara tao to kisu ranna kora shikhlo, thakto aro koyekdin england e tarpor bujhto thelar naam babaji.shudhu shudhu dim vaji kheye ki Bangalir pet vore???..

Baundule
September 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Shakib was a good advertisement for Bangladesh cricket and I am hopeful of seeing Tamim and one or two more in county teams.

But I am not entirely happy with Shakib's performance. He needed to score some runs. Many times, he has given it away after getting set. Hope, he understands his problems and does not get carried away.

Green Tea
September 14, 2010, 03:24 PM
Pleasure in performance

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=154467

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6095/omeletteguylrg.jpg

Tigers_eye
September 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
So, we will feel his absence during the five-match one-day series against New Zealand," opined Shakib.So Tamim is out for sure against NZ?

cricket_pagol
September 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
So Tamim is out for sure against NZ?

Yup, he needs time to recover from his wrist operation

Tiger444
September 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
Great to see Shakib enjoying England..seems like he's having a lot of fun even though he's been a busy guy..hopefully he can convince some of the players on the team to join county cricket..Tamim would surely dominate the scene..I see other players having a tough time getting a contract but it would be nice to see the likes of Jahurul, Shafiul, Rubel, Zunaed, Imrul, Mushy, Rocky, Mash etc to play over there

Ajfar
September 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
^ I can't see our bowlers making it into any county teams, they are just not up to the standard yet. The only batsman who can easily walk into any county team is Tamim. Others have quite a lot of work to do, but i'm sure sakib's successful season will inspire them to work hard and get a contract.

Tiger444
September 14, 2010, 07:51 PM
^ I can't see our bowlers making it into any county teams, they are just not up to the standard yet. The only batsman who can easily walk into any county team is Tamim. Others have quite a lot of work to do, but i'm sure sakib's successful season will inspire them to work hard and get a contract.

true..hopefully more of the other players work hard and get those county contracts..

beshideshi
September 14, 2010, 08:16 PM
^ the players I can see playing county cricket are Tamim, Shakib, Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim. Almost every county has better seamers so it would be unwise of a county to spend their foreign quota on a par, above par seamer.

cricket_king
September 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah our seamers don't stand much of a chance of clinching a contract. However, I do feel that in a couple of years, Shafiul will be quite a good pacer. I only wish I could say the same about Rubel. I just don't see that guy improving at all.

Tiger444
September 14, 2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah our seamers don't stand much of a chance of clinching a contract. However, I do feel that in a couple of years, Shafiul will be quite a good pacer. I only wish I could say the same about Rubel. I just don't see that guy improving at all.

Well let's not get too down on ourselves with Rubel..have to understand also that nobody expected this from Shafiul and this is a freak incident..I mean he's been our 2nd best bowler in ODIs behind Shakib and their averages are very close..Shafiul seems to have learned very quickly and definitely quicker then Rubel..what hurt Rubel was the expectations we all had stores for him after that debut match against the Lankans..he's obviously got a lot of potential but he's got a ways to go..he'll get better with time and from what I've heard he's a hard worker..so thats always a good thing..Shafiul Islam is ahead of him and I feel he always will..but it seems Rubel can be a pretty good bowler as well..

shakibrulz
September 14, 2010, 11:04 PM
Great interview.

Good to hear that he's likely to continue for Worcs, it's good for him and Worcs. :)

And a shame that he's only learned to make fried eggs :D

al-Sagar
September 15, 2010, 12:43 AM
Shakib was a good advertisement for Bangladesh cricket and I am hopeful of seeing Tamim and one or two more in county teams.

But I am not entirely happy with Shakib's performance. He needed to score some runs. Many times, he has given it away after getting set. Hope, he understands his problems and does not get carried away.

i wished he would learn to apply him self according the situation while batting and gain some maturity in batting temperament.

looks like ha hasnt learnt or gained too much

jisaan
September 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
"I can make only omelette and fried eggs."

What's the difference between omelette and fried eggs!!!!

Naimul_Hd
September 15, 2010, 01:29 AM

1. omelet is normal dim vaji with peyaj and morich ! ahhh...ki moja !

http://www.easymealrecipes.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/omelet.jpg

2. fried eggs is 'scrambled eggs' ! tastes yummy with fried rice ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FL66goStEQU/SbbgBrCjE3I/AAAAAAAACUw/-RsNZQ2Vg_k/s1600/AndhraScrambledEggs_500left.jpg

Naimul_Hd
September 15, 2010, 01:32 AM
:floor: bechara tao to kisu ranna kora shikhlo, thakto aro koyekdin england e tarpor bujhto thelar naam babaji.shudhu shudhu dim vaji kheye ki Bangalir pet vore???..

haha...exactly my thought ! :D

je chele jibone ranna ghorei pa dey nai, shey ekhon mach mangsho ranna kore...vablei gaye jor ase ! (thats me :shh:)

lamisa
September 15, 2010, 06:34 AM
good to know that he values the support he's got from the worc fans.hope he sticks to worc in the next season too

BANFAN
September 15, 2010, 06:40 AM
i wished he would learn to apply him self according the situation while batting and gain some maturity in batting temperament.

looks like ha hasnt learnt or gained too much

I'm sure he has. You must allow some time between learning & implementing.

cricket_king
September 15, 2010, 07:05 AM
Well let's not get too down on ourselves with Rubel..have to understand also that nobody expected this from Shafiul and this is a freak incident..I mean he's been our 2nd best bowler in ODIs behind Shakib and their averages are very close..Shafiul seems to have learned very quickly and definitely quicker then Rubel..what hurt Rubel was the expectations we all had stores for him after that debut match against the Lankans..he's obviously got a lot of potential but he's got a ways to go..he'll get better with time and from what I've heard he's a hard worker..so thats always a good thing..Shafiul Islam is ahead of him and I feel he always will..but it seems Rubel can be a pretty good bowler as well..

Of course he has the all the makings of a good fast bowler from a physical sense. I feel his biggest problem is that, and excuse me bluntness here, he's rather stupid. He has no idea on adapting to certain situations, and panics all too often. He was like that when he first came in, and he's the same now, which is what worries me most.

Haru-party
September 15, 2010, 09:57 AM

lau ar kodur moddhe jei difference:-D

bangla-red
September 15, 2010, 01:16 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FL66goStEQU/SbbgBrCjE3I/AAAAAAAACUw/-RsNZQ2Vg_k/s1600/AndhraScrambledEggs_500left.jpg

What are you talking about? Fried eggs and scrambled eggs are two different things. :doh:

Green Tea
September 15, 2010, 02:19 PM
http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/04/02/eggs,%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B6,egg,funny-83a10dda3dc9773aded6af3a9e88226c_h.jpg
Funny eggs

MohammedC
September 15, 2010, 02:30 PM
If I get the chance to speak to Shakib tomorrow when I am at New Road, I will ask him what is the difference between omelette and fried eggs? and which one he prefers?

And which one he had in the morning of the Eid day

Edit: Sorry my trip to west midland cancelled. I am disappointed I could not go.

Habib
September 15, 2010, 02:44 PM
Mo vai, if it's possible please tell him to bat a bit more sensibly. No problem if you don't though.

Murad
September 15, 2010, 02:45 PM
What are you talking about? Fried eggs and scrambled eggs are two different things. :doh:

Yeap!

Fried Eggs
http://lukehoney.typepad.com/the_greasy_spoon/images/2008/07/19/fried_eggs.jpg

See the difference?

Nadim
September 15, 2010, 02:55 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6095/omeletteguylrg.jpg

http://img3.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/04/02/eggs,%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B6,egg,funny-83a10dda3dc9773aded6af3a9e88226c_h.jpg
Funny eggs

Yeap!

Fried Eggs

See the difference?

Thread title should be change to something like "difference between egg and omelet":lol:

Ki bolen dadara?

bujhee kom
September 15, 2010, 02:59 PM
Salaam and a :big_hug: to our dear Shakibuley!!!
Arrey bhais Fried raice ta pocha deem die korse bole mone hocche!!

roman
September 15, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thread title should be change to something like "difference between egg and omelet":lol:

Ki bolen dadara?
Ta ja bolechen na dada.... :lol:

lamisa
September 16, 2010, 04:29 AM
^^na na,thread title pore change koiren.ekhono toh ei thread e discussion ashrafool e eshe daray nai!

aklemalp
September 16, 2010, 03:21 PM
i just love bangladesh cricket,what a great one season shakib had in england,he has to potential to become the world's top bowler,go shakib go ice man go moyna,go bangladesh,the winner of the would be world cup next year

B_IKHAN_71
September 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
lol this thread has become more about eggs than it is about shakib lmaoo:)

but on a serious note relli wished i went and saw him in action this year tho ., i dont live 2far away from worcester coming fom bham but iv recently just passed so havent got a chance 2buy a car yet but hopefully shakib will be back playing for the county next season and i shall hopefully have a carr by then :D so im going 2 go and watch the pride of bangladesh in action :D:D yeahh man cant wait really do hope he comes back sext year :flag::flag::flag:

Habib
September 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
lol this thread has become more about eggs than it is about shakib lmaoo:)

but on a serious note relli wished i went and saw him in action this year tho ., i dont live 2far away from worcester coming fom bham but iv recently just passed so havent got a chance 2buy a car yet but hopefully shakib will be back playing for the county next season and i shall hopefully have a carr by then :D so im going 2 go and watch the pride of bangladesh in action :D:D yeahh man cant wait really do hope he comes back sext year :flag::flag::flag:

What year is that? :)

FagunerAgun
September 16, 2010, 07:04 PM

Ki bolen dadara?
Thosh kothar ek kotha.:lol:

Neel Here
September 16, 2010, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by B_IKHAN_71
... he comes back sext year

What year is that? :)

freudian slip ? :-D s and n are not close together on the keyboard.

Naimul_Hd
September 16, 2010, 11:51 PM

Yeap!

Fried Eggs

See the difference?

haha....maf koire diyen dada ra !! rondhon shilpo te ami ekdom kacha kina ! dim je eto vabe ranna kora jay, sheitai to jantam na...ekhon shikhtechi ! shobar doa pratthi ! :D

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 04:26 AM
now the question is whether worc sticks with shakib or not...

yaseer
September 17, 2010, 04:53 AM
Hey this thread has become "EGG Thread" :D

Actually we should have a separate thread like "Different ways of having/eating eggs". I love eggs and yes I can go on days with having only eggs :)

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 05:43 AM
^^na na,thread title pore change koiren.ekhono toh ei thread e discussion ashrafool e eshe daray nai!

jati and BC er bibek er kase prosno ....

ASHRAFOOL kon FORMAT er DIM posondo kore ???

riankhan
September 17, 2010, 06:37 AM

To be precise
I guess you meant //kon FORMAT er DIM "PARTE" posondo kore???//

Ans: He literally covers all of those formats now a days

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
To be precious
I guess you meant //kon FORMAT er DIM "PARTE" posondo kore???//

Ans: He literally covers all of those formats now a days

Ahem.. Sorry to nitpick but did you mean "to be precise?" :smug:

riankhan
September 17, 2010, 07:54 AM
Ahem.. Sorry to nitpick but did you mean "to be precise?" :smug:

ইএ...মানে...সবার সামনে এভাবে লজ্জা না দিলেও পারতেন...:-p
কেও দেখার আগেই ঠিক করে নেই......:shh:

Thanks bro!

lamisa
September 18, 2010, 09:34 AM

Ans:Ami boli,ami boli-SHOB format e!!!shudu alochonar dike ashrafoolre keu har manaite parbe na.o ekta hachi dileo oita ei desher hot topic hoye hay!

Ami ekta proshno kori eibar:cricket e ash anda maira tarpor ki kore?

Naimul_Hd
September 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
Ami ekta proshno kori eibar:cricket e ash anda maira tarpor ki kore?

fry kore desh o jati ke khaoyae ! :sick:

B_IKHAN_71
September 19, 2010, 06:47 AM
freudian slip ? :-D s and n are not close together on the keyboard.

hahah yep my bad typin error i was goin for the "n" dnt knon hw it ended up with the s lol
but all is well anyways :)

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 07:17 AM
now the question is whether worc sticks with shakib or not...

I think they will. Even if Shakib asks for more money, it won't be as much they would need for equivallent performers from other nations.

lamisa
September 19, 2010, 09:17 AM
fry kore desh o jati ke khaoyae ! :sick:

ur answer is acceptable.but my ans is:dressing roomer dike rowna dey a nije nije ki jani birbir korte thake,dekhe mone hoy mathay problem ase!

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
I think shakibs had an eggscellent season

(sorry)

lamisa
September 21, 2010, 09:17 AM
^^^good one!