PDA

View Full Version : Khaled Mahmud quits Asst. Coach position

MarufH
September 16, 2010, 07:49 PM
Khaled Mahmud (Shujon) quits assistant coach position.

IMO, this is a great loss for BD cricket. I think our recent success has a lot to do with his motivation skills. Without him, and three English speaking coaches, there will be a huge communication gap between the players and the coaches. Whatever issues he has with the board/coach, I hope they can work it out and let him be part of the team.

What frustrates me is (according to the article), Siddons is not treating him right?! He has no right to disrespect our beloved "chacha." I do not care even if he is the biggest super coach in the world. You must respect him as a person.

Having said that, I don't mind having KM as a manager and Salauddin as an assistant coach.. but he needs to be part of our team.

[বাংলা]বিসিবির চাকরি ছাড়লেন মাহমুদ

জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচই শুধু নন, বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) চাকরিই আর করতে চান না খালেদ মাহমুদ। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক এই অধিনায়ক গত ৫ সেপ্টেম্বর সহকারী কোচের পদ থেকে অব্যাহতি চেয়ে বোর্ডে পদত্যাগপত্র জমা দিয়েছেন বলে জানিয়েছে বিশ্বস্ত একটি সূত্র। তবে ৪ অক্টোবর পর্যন্ত এক মাসের ‘নোটিশ পিরিয়ড’ আছে বলে মাহমুদ এখনো জাতীয় দলের অনুশীলনে আছেন।
মাহমুদের পদত্যাগপত্র জমা দেওয়ার কথা স্বীকার করেছেন বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন। কাল টেলিফোনে তিনি জানান, ‘জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচের দায়িত্বে আর থাকতে চায় না জানিয়ে খালেদ মাহমুদ বোর্ডকে চিঠি দিয়েছে। তবে আমরা এখনো কোনো সিদ্ধান্ত নিইনি। তার সঙ্গে বিষয়টা নিয়ে আলোচনার জন্য বোর্ডের টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি প্রধান নির্বাহী মঞ্জুর আহমেদ ও উপ-মহাব্যবস্থাপক (প্রশাসন) নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরীকে দায়িত্ব দিয়েছে। ও কেন আর দায়িত্বে থাকতে চাইছে না বা অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে চায় কি না, সেসব জানা দরকার।’
এনায়েত হোসেন জানিয়েছেন, জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে না থেকে মাহমুদ নাকি একাডেমি বা বোর্ডের কোচ হিসেবে অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে আগ্রহী। ‘আমরা চাই, সুজন (খালেদ মাহমুদ) দেশের ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে থাকুক। তাকে সহকারী কোচ করা হয়েছিল প্রেষণে। এখন সে যদি অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে আগ্রহী হয়, সেটা আমরা দেখব’—বলেছেন এনায়েত হোসেন। তবে সূত্র জানিয়েছে, মাহমুদ বিসিবির সঙ্গে সম্পর্কটা পুরোপুরিই ছিন্ন করতে চান। কাল বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী এবং উপ-মহাব্যবস্থাপক (প্রশাসন) তাঁর সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসলেও মাহমুদ সিদ্ধান্ত পাল্টাবেন না বলে জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন। বোর্ডের দায়িত্ব ছেড়ে দেওয়ার পর আসন্ন প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগে আবাহনীর কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করবেন মাহমুদ।
খালেদ মাহমুদের সরে দাঁড়ানোর কারণটা অভিমানজনিত বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে যেভাবে জাতীয় দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করছেন, সেটা মানতে পারছেন না তিনি। জেমি সিডন্স তাঁকে সঠিকভাবে ব্যবহার করছেন না, প্র্যাকটিসে সেভাবে গুরুত্ব দিচ্ছেন না, কখনো কখনো ক্রিকেটারদের সামনে অপমানজনক আচরণও করছেন—ঘনিষ্ঠজনদের কাছে এমন অভিযোগই নাকি করেছেন মাহমুদ। তবে কাল পদত্যাগ এবং তার কারণ সম্পর্কে জানতে চাইলে মাহমুদ কোনো মন্তব্য করতে রাজি হননি।[/বাংলা]

Source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-09-17/news/94024

Alchemist
September 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
Very sad news. :mad:
In my opinion, any person with dignity and self-respect wouldn't be able to work with Siddons. Siddons has a very negative attitude.

So, Miraz bhai's prediction comes true.

yaseer
September 16, 2010, 08:59 PM
Head coach, fielding coach, bowling coach - now do we actually need another assistant coach? Also Salahuddin is there if I am not mistaking.

I reckon Sujon himself realized that and handed out the resignation. There is no need to unnecessarily pack the coaching staff. Also he can be useful in Academy and youth level and gain some more coaching experience as well. Plus the report says he may the coach of Abahani this season. I feel it is good for all parties - national team and Sujon himself.

MarufH
September 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
Head coach, fielding coach, bowling coach - now do we actually need another assistant coach? Also Salahuddin is there if I am not mistaking.

I reckon Sujon himself realized that and handed out the resignation. There is no need to unnecessarily pack the coaching staff. Also he can be useful in Academy and youth level and gain some more coaching experience as well. Plus the report says he may the coach of Abahani this season. I feel it is good for all parties - national team and Sujon himself.

Yes we do. Like I posted on my main post. Language help, motivational help. You may say, why do we need a translator coach... I say only a person with good cricketing knowledge (coach) can translate a coach better.

Even with skills practice, you can use extra hand. For example, if Siddons is working with Z, KM can watch over Kayes...

And we do not have Salauddin.. he is currently moved to work with the academy.

If you read the article, you will see... he is not quitting cause there are too many coaches... he is quitting cause siddons is not treating/utilizing him right.

beshideshi
September 16, 2010, 09:14 PM
If I am not mistaken, Chacha clearly indicated that he wants to be the head coach in the future, so won't be surprised if there was conflict of interest between Chacha and Siddons.
Also, according to PA he wants to work with the academy, which makes sense. We have a head coach[batting], fielding coach, bowling coach and Salah Uddin to assist the players, do we really need some of Chacha's calibre as the 3rd[5th] wheel? It will be better for Bangladesh cricket if he works with the academy

MarufH
September 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
We all know, Siddons lack motivator skills which Whatmore had great deal of. I felt inclusion of "Chacha" actually filled that gap. just my humble opinion.

yaseer
September 16, 2010, 09:31 PM
Yes we do. Like I posted on my main post. Language help, motivational help. You may say, why do we need a translator coach... I say only a person with good cricketing knowledge (coach) can translate a coach better.

If it is about "Language and Motivation" - we do not need an assistant coach then. Probably a manager or other role and Sujon can be assigned to that role, definitely it is not the job of assistant coach. But as far as I understand, Sujon is more interested to take coaching as his future career option.

Even with skills practice, you can use extra hand. For example, if Siddons is working with Z, KM can watch over Kayes...

We may need 3/4 more assistant coach then :)
It is better to be taught the skills from one coach, rather being confused by several.

And we do not have Salauddin.. he is currently moved to work with the academy.

Still we do not need assistant coach at the moment. If we need another coach, it should be a spin bowling coach, which I thought being done by Salahuddin at the moment.

If you read the article, you will see... he is not quitting cause there are too many coaches... he is quitting cause siddons is not treating/utilizing him right.

If it is true and there is conflict with Siddons and Sujon, then it is again good for the team that Sujon has resigned. We do not want conflicts in coaching stuffs at this important stage before the WC.

MarufH
September 16, 2010, 09:45 PM
I agree, I think he would be a better manager.

I didn't say coaching, said look after. :p he can make sure Kayes do what siddons asked him. isn't that what assistants do?

Again, Salauddin with academy.

Why not let go of Siddons instead of Shujon? All men are created equal.

Zeeshan
September 16, 2010, 09:52 PM
Dashing blow! He was very upbeat and positive minded and even spoke 'good' English during the glimpse I got from Pak-BD T20 interview. Will miss him.

al-Sagar
September 16, 2010, 10:24 PM
i think working with the trio Sujon himslef could have learnt a lot from the coaches and thus improve his coaching skills more.
o
our coaches need to learn how the foreign coaches do their coaching and thus our coaches can improve their quality.

looks like sujon feels that he is not getting enough attention from the coaches and feels he shoul get more. i dont know whether it is right or not.

anyway its upto him what he wants to do.

sir john
September 16, 2010, 10:55 PM
CONFLICT INTREST end at last.

nsd3
September 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
Did he try to organize a coup and become Head Coach too soon?

Naimul_Hd
September 17, 2010, 01:28 AM
quitting just before NZ series and WC, was not a good decision by Sujon.

He should have thought about national interest first than his personal ego !

max410
September 17, 2010, 04:15 AM
i am sure there has been some misunderstanding between shujon and siddons otherwise why would he quit , there is a saying ek hate tali bajhe nah

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 04:16 AM
we don't need a translater,more or less everyone can speak some english in our team.

auntu
September 17, 2010, 11:10 AM
Not a good decision by Shujon. Actually there was no space for him to work also. Salauddin is a better choice than him at the moment.

roman
September 17, 2010, 11:17 AM
quitting just before NZ series and WC, was not a good decision by Sujon.

He should have thought about national interest first than his personal ego !
fully agree, but he was not being properly used by Siddons and I also heard that Siddons insulted Chacha in front of the players . Whatever the case it is, its not good for our cricket.

reyme
September 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
1. He will make more money by becoming Abahani coach than what he makes from BCB
2. He will get a "Head Coach" title in Abahani. Here, he is classified as an asst coach
3. As a head coach, he call the shots, but here, he will be used by all the coaches as an asst coach, so cant call any shots

Personally I think he should just stick around in the team. This a great setup to learn a lot in the current national team setup. He will become a better coach and can market himself better in future thus make more money.

Tiger-ess
September 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
Just saw his interview on NTV. couldnt make out half the things he was saying chacha was speaking that fast! but I did get - he feels that he doesnt really have a particular role since BCB is going crazy with appointing all these coaches(ok the crazy comment is my opinion), also he feels that its not good for the boys as different coaches have diffrent style of teaching (bowling) so it confuses their brains as to who's style they should adapt and that sort of extra pressure is just unnecessary. Also he mentioned something to do with wages aswell (inevitably), that he didnt get paid the same as former assistant coach shaun williams.

roman
September 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
Daily star Report

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=154849

bujhee kom
September 17, 2010, 01:59 PM
Very sad indeed. BCB should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves on the wage issue!

Best of luck to our dearest Captain/Coach/Leader Khaded Mahmud bhai! You showed us how to fight and how to love and care at the same time, you showed us the beauty of a cricketer, you gave us hope and happiness! We, Bangladesh and world cricket fans are indebted to you and please know that we here in banglacricket, we love you and will rememeber you always very dearly.
A big salute to Khaled Mahmud Shujan bhai! Salaam! :flag:

samjad
September 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
Very sad indeed. BCB should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves on the wage issue!

Best of luck to our dearest Captain/Coach/Leader Khaded Mahmud bhai! You showed us how to fight and how to love and care at the same time, you showed us the beauty of a cricketer, you gave us hope and happiness! We, Bangladesh and world cricket fans are indebted to you and please know that we here in banglacricket, we love you and will rememeber you always very dearly.

erm... ektu beshi hoe gelo na ?

bujhee kom
September 17, 2010, 02:49 PM

Heheheh...dada, heheh...extra jhosh eshe jawate ektu beshi bole felechi mone hoi, hehhehe...

roman
September 17, 2010, 03:02 PM

Ei kotha gula chacha porle mone hoi ekke bare kainda dito...classic :applause::applause:

Tiger-ess
September 17, 2010, 05:50 PM

By BK bhai's standards?........not at all !! (we love you BK bhaiya:-D)

samjad
September 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Heheheh...dada, heheh...extra jhosh eshe jawate ektu beshi bole felechi mone hoi, hehhehe...

:-D .. I thought so BK .

Now, I don't know what to make of this. Clearly Sujon is trying to get paid similer to what an assistant manager used to get paid for this role. Which has got a very good point. But why is he resigning now? Why did he not resign earlier if he was not happy with the money. Actually, why did he take the job in the first place if he wasn't happy with the pay! ?

Or could it be that he had some ambition of his own(ie being the head coach) ? And now he is seeing that is not happening ? Could there be some sort of dirty politics gone on behind the closed doors ? I remember reading one of his interviews where he says he would like to be the head coach or something along that line.

Anyway.. I hope BCB lets him go. There's no need to keep him where he is not happy. It will creat more distraction in the camp.

By the way.. I always found him Over Over rated.

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 09:38 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_09_18/content_zoom/2010_09_18_18_4_b.jpg

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.edailystar.com/contents/2010/2010_09_18/content_zoom/2010_09_18_17_3_b.jpg

MarufH
September 17, 2010, 10:16 PM
Asst of the year? :p

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v95847956b5

bujhee kom
September 18, 2010, 12:25 AM
Ei kotha gula chacha porle mone hoi ekke bare kainda dito...classic :applause::applause:

By BK bhai's standards?........not at all !! (we love you BK bhaiya:-D)

Danilkaa Danilkkaa!
Heheheh...Thank you very much dear roman bhaiya and tiger-ess apu!!!
Dabrooshkie is me!!

Tigers_eye
September 18, 2010, 12:28 AM
We do not have patience and belief. Career would have knocked at his door in 6 months. Hai rey pagol.

At least we know Jamie talked to him directly and asked him to stay.

If I want to help and not getting enough things to do then I would find someway (new way make myself useful) to help. Not quit!! Different approach all together. Some gets bored and hops around for new challenges, others just hold on to what they have for as long as possible. Wish chacha all the best cause he is with Abahani now. Woohoo!!! Come on Shakib-chacha combo.

riankhan
September 18, 2010, 04:32 AM
Tiger_eye. Tiger-ess, Tiger444, BD Tiger.....and so on

And they say we are running out of Tigers in BD! :)

auntu
September 18, 2010, 05:21 AM
Shujon has proved he is not different than others. Or was it Lota's ploy to have him as Abahony's coach?

_Rafi_
September 18, 2010, 07:12 AM
I didnt like Sujan's racist comment on NTV interview. He thinks Sean Williams as the asst coach got more money because he was an White guy!

Naimul_Hd
September 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
To be an assistant coach of any test playing country, is a very respectful job. and its more respectful when it comes from your own country.

Perhaps, Chacchu got that job very easily, thats why he failed to understand the value of being an asst coach of Bangladesh.

Chacchu should look how other sports boards treat their coaches, players. Our footballers, Hadudu, gymnast etc do not even get minimum hospitality from their officials forget about high salary or any bonuses. And our chacchu is complaining against low salary and ill treatment. WHAT A JOKE !!!

CHACCHU GROW UP !!

Ajfar
September 18, 2010, 07:51 AM
what a cry baby. He thinks getting all these coaches are gonna be too much for the boys because different coach has different style. Aieta ki notun kisu naki. Chachar mone mone ki uni ekai ekhsho bowling fileding shob uni take care korte parben? The whole team is excited to have new coaching stuff but he seems more worried about his job.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
September 18, 2010, 07:54 AM

shouldn't it be chacha?

Eshen
September 18, 2010, 09:01 AM
It makes sense why Chacha does not want to linger with the national team staff anymore. But I hope he changes his mind and takes over the academy.

MarufH
September 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
I didnt like Sujan's racist comment on NTV interview. He thinks Sean Williams as the asst coach got more money because he was an White guy!

Shaun had more experience as a coach. Salaries are given based job experience, skills, and amount of travelling you do. It's not only in BD, but all over the world. Although I understand it's big loss for BD team, it is also a bigger loss for Chaha. By gaining experience with all these coaches, he would've been hot in the market, even taking control over some associate teams.

Having said that, I still feel there are something we are missing which are happening behind the curtain...

Habib
September 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
We do not have patience and belief. Career would have knocked at his door in 6 months. Hai rey pagol.

At least we know Jamie talked to him directly and asked him to stay.

If I want to help and not getting enough things to do then I would find someway (new way make myself useful) to help. Not quit!! Different approach all together. Some gets bored and hops around for new challenges, others just hold on to what they have for as long as possible. Wish chacha all the best cause he is with Abahani now. Woohoo!!! Come on Shakib-chacha combo.

Not happening Mizan vai. Shakib is in... is in... is in Mohamodon team for next season. :'(

Eshen
September 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
I don't expect BCB to pay Chacha as much as they pay foreign coaches, but if clubs are offering him more, BCB certainly have underpaid him.

Habib
September 18, 2010, 09:17 AM

That was kinda racist. But isn't BCB racist too for not giving him the same amount of money the foreign coach was given?

Tiger444
September 18, 2010, 10:32 AM
Not trying to be harsh but honestly we really don't need him now we have so many different coaches..he was a good mentor for the boys which was good but I don't see what he has to offer for us..he's making an emotional decision though..he should realize how good of an experience this would be for him..I don't know why he's crying so much just because he's not making as much..does he honestly think he's a better coach then Fountain and Pont? He set his priorities too high thinking he was gonna be the head coach of the team..anyways wish him the best of luck though..

_Rafi_
September 18, 2010, 01:47 PM
That was kinda racist. But isn't BCB racist too for not giving him the same amount of money the foreign coach was given?

The qualifications of Sujon And S.Williams are not same. Williams is better coach with more experience.

auntu
September 18, 2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_09_18/content_zoom/2010_09_18_18_4_b.jpg

tiger_2007
September 19, 2010, 02:33 AM
Not trying to be harsh but honestly we really don't need him now we have so many different coaches..he was a good mentor for the boys which was good but I don't see what he has to offer for us..he's making an emotional decision though..he should realize how good of an experience this would be for him..I don't know why he's crying so much just because he's not making as much..does he honestly think he's a better coach then Fountain and Pont? He set his priorities too high thinking he was gonna be the head coach of the team..anyways wish him the best of luck though..

I agree. I didn't like the way he mentioned to cricinfo to be the next BD coach. Habibul Bashar and Chaha are making the same complaint (against Siddon) when they wanted to leave BD team. That's NOT professisonal attitude. That shows that our coaches / players are far away to be in the international standard. May be the next generation of cricketes will get themselves prepared for those positions. My humble opinion is that our players need to get themselves educated to compete in the international arena. Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Mashrafee, Ryad should show their talents (coach, commentator, CEO of ACC, ICC) when they retire.

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 05:00 AM
I think, He wasn't getting the respect/recognition for his contribution, that's his main dissatisfaction. If he wasn't there, i'm sure JS would have mess up the team much more.

This is something that generally doesn't come out as a formal reason, but you can feel that. Specially when you don't feel the formal reasons to be justified, look at the untold reasons.

He would be very very useful with all these new coaches, specially as a interpreter & helping boys to understand better. And that would be helpful for him personally as a coach as well. although his volume of work would have increased manyfold. Off course when people don't get recognised for their contributions, many take such emotional decisions.

All the best to him and his new career. Hope he proves his credibility by making AKC the champs.

lamisa
September 19, 2010, 09:50 AM
aminul islam bulbul spoke to atnnews(i think) where he said that he's not happy with this decision.he thinks that it's bcb's lack of professionalism and internal politics for which bd cricket is being hampered.he stated the examples of chacha and the selector durjoy who resigned.he thinks that communication gap is a big problem and chacha should have been with the team to help overcome that problem

Tiger444
September 19, 2010, 09:56 AM
I don't understand this language barrier thing..a lot of our players know pretty good english from what I can remember..Tamim, Zunaed, Jahurul, Mushy, Mushy, Rocky, Mahmudullah, Mash, and Raj all can talk in decent english..only 1 I know that talks no english is Shafiul but if the coaches can give advice I think other players can help out..and keeping Sujon just because of that is ridiculous in my opinion..then why can't you have a translator?

Habib
September 19, 2010, 10:29 AM
^Razzak's English is not decent by any means.

FagunerAgun
September 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
He was sacked before he quit.

roman
September 19, 2010, 11:36 AM
jokhon kono bideshi bangladesh er kono company te kaaj korte jai, tokhon local der theke ektu beshi salary pai. This is an ongoing trend. Nothing racist about it...

roman
September 19, 2010, 11:38 AM
^Razzak's English is not decent by any means.
he is not that bad actually. tbh i was impressed to hear Raj's accent

Habib
September 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
jokhon kono bideshi bangladesh er kono company te kaaj korte jai, tokhon local der theke ektu beshi salary pai. This is an ongoing trend. Nothing racist about it...

Sorry but if the ongoing trend is racism then it is racism none the less.

Habib
September 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
he is not that bad actually. tbh i was impressed to hear Raj's accent

Not convinced. His Bangla accent seems nice too when he starts his speech but later struggles to even find the right word & finish sentence properly. Which means he tries to speak in a way that is clearly not his style. And his English...meh.

BANFAN
September 20, 2010, 12:14 AM
I don't understand this language barrier thing..a lot of our players know pretty good english from what I can remember..Tamim, Zunaed, Jahurul, Mushy, Mushy, Rocky, Mahmudullah, Mash, and Raj all can talk in decent english..only 1 I know that talks no english is Shafiul but if the coaches can give advice I think other players can help out..and keeping Sujon just because of that is ridiculous in my opinion..then why can't you have a translator?

The ability to speak a few sentences doesn't necessarily mean that he is able to receive lessons / instructions in English.

Murad
September 20, 2010, 12:40 AM
মাহমুদের বিকল্প চান সিডন্স

http://www.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-09-19-17-17-59-004680800-sujan.jpg
[বাংলা]
‘ও (খালেদ মাহমুদ) চলে যাওয়ার পর সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে আমার এখন আরেকজন স্থানীয় কোচ দরকার। কোচিং প্যানেলে এই জায়গাটা খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ’—বল ছেন জেমি সিডন্স। শুধু অনুশীলনে সাহায্যের জন্যই নয়, খেলোয়াড়দের সঙ্গে বিদেশি কোচদের ভাষাগত ব্যবধান দূর করার জন্যও দলে একজন স্থানীয় কোচ প্রয়োজন বলে মনে করছেন কোচ।
সিডন্সের ওপর অভিমান করেই সরে দাঁড়িয়েছেন মাহমুদ। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ককে নাকি সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে সিডন্স সেভাবে ব্যবহারই করতেন না। সহকারী কোচ তো নয়, কোচদের সহকারীই হয়ে উঠেছিলেন তিনি। সিডন্স-মাহমুদের ব্যক্তিত্বের সংঘাতটা চরমে ওঠে গত ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরে। একই দলে থেকেও তখন থেকেই দুজন মুখোমুখি। এমনও শোনা যায়, সিডন্স নাকি কখনো কখনো খেলোয়াড়দের সামনেই অপদস্থ করতে চেয়েছেন মাহমুদকে। এ প্রসঙ্গে সিডন্স অবশ্য বলেছেন, ‘আমাদের মধ্যে এত দিনে একবারই মাত্র ভুল বোঝাবুঝি হয়েছিল এবং সেটাও বড় কিছু না।’
তবে সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে মাহমুদকে সেভাবে কাজে না লাগানোর ব্যাপারটি স্বীকার করেছেন সিডন্স। এ ব্যাপারে পরিষ্কার ব্যাখ্যাও আছে তাঁর, ‘দুর্ভাগ্যজনক হলেও সত্যি, একজন সাবেক খেলোয়াড় হয়েও সুজন (মাহমুদ) এখনো কোচিংয়ের কোনো জায়গাতেই বিশেষজ্ঞ নয়। এ কারণেই জাতীয় দলের কোচিংয়ে বোর্ড বা আমি তাকে নির্দিষ্ট কোনো দায়িত্ব দিইনি। যত যা-ই বলুন, আমরা একটা আন্তর্জাতিক দল। সামর্থ্যের সর্বোচ্চ পর্যায়ে যেতে সম্ভাব্য সেরা কোচদেরই প্রয়োজন খেলোয়াড়দের।’ মাহমুদের অনুশীলনে কোচ হিসেবে ভূমিকা রাখতে না পারার হতাশাটাকে তাই যৌক্তিক মনে করছেন সিডন্সও। সঙ্গে মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন, ‘সহকারী কোচরা প্রায়ই মনে করে তাদের হয়তো আরও বেশি কিছু করার আছে। কিন্তু তাদের এটাও জানা উচিত, যে কাজটা তাদের দিয়ে করানো হচ্ছে, কোচিং-কাঠামো আর দলের সাফল্যে সেটাও কম গুরুত্বপূর্ণ নয়। এটা হয়তো খুব চটকদার কিছু নয়, প্রচারের আলোও অতটা পায় না। তবে জীবনে হাঁটতে শেখার আগে তো আপনাকে হামাগুড়ি দিয়েই এগোতে হবে।’
একজন আদর্শ সহকারী কোচ ঠিক কেমন হওয়া উচিত, সে সম্পর্কেও আছে সিডন্সের নিজস্ব দৃষ্টিভঙ্গি, ‘সাধারণভাবে একজন সহকারী কোচের নির্দিষ্ট কিছু বিষয়ে বিশেষ দক্ষতা থাকতে হয়। কোনো একটা জায়গার দুর্বলতা দূর করতে প্রধান কোচই তাঁকে বেছে নেন। সহকারী কোচ সব সময় প্রধান কোচকে সমর্থন করবেন, সব কাজে সব রকম উৎসাহ দেবেন।’ সহকারী কোচকে যে সব সময় প্রধান কোচের মতো ব্যাটিং, বোলিং বা ফিল্ডিং নিয়েই কাজ করতে হবে, সিডন্স সেটা মনে করেন না। তাঁর মতে, নেট বোলার থেকে শুরু করে অনুশীলনের অন্যান্য সুযোগ-সুবিধা নিশ্চিত করাও সহকারী কোচের কাজের মধ্যে পড়ে।
মাহমুদের ব্যাপারে একটা জায়গায় সিডন্সের আপত্তির কথা শোনা যায়—বিসিবি মাহমুদকে জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচের দায়িত্ব দিয়েছিল সিডন্সের সঙ্গে কোনো আলোচনা না করেই। জাতীয় দলের কোচ এ ব্যাপারে কোনো মন্তব্য করতে রাজি না হলেও কোচিং প্যানেলে মাহমুদের উপস্থিতিটা শেষ দিকে প্রয়োজনীয়ই মনে হয়েছে তাঁর কাছে, ‘সুজনই আমার লজিস্টিক ব্যাপারগুলো দেখত। আমার সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে দৈনন্দিন পরিকল্পনা লিখত সে। এসব ক্ষেত্রে সে দারুণ। অনেক অভিজ্ঞ হয়ে উঠছিল, কোচ হিসেবেও প্রতিদিনই উন্নতি করছিল। কঠোর পরিশ্রম করতে পারে ও, বলতে পারেন মাহমুদ জাতীয় দলের জন্য একটা সম্পদেই পরিণত হয়েছিল।’
জেমি সিডন্সের শেষ কথাগুলোকে কীভাবে নেবেন মাহমুদ[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-09-20/news/94923

lamisa
September 20, 2010, 05:39 AM
does rubel speak any english at all?

Ashfaq
September 20, 2010, 06:37 AM
Sorry but if the ongoing trend is racism then it is racism none the less.

Generally (In any nation), foreign experts are paid more handsomely due to their qualifications and expertise. Foreign help is brought only when locals are not qualified to solve a problem and in such cases, a foreign expert can rightfully claim a higher salary. Let's not make this mess stinky. KM can't demand as much salary as (say)Pont because Pont is a recognized master of his craft and KM is still a beginner. It's a shame KM left. He stood to learn many things from the current setup.

Tiger444
September 20, 2010, 09:11 AM
The ability to speak a few sentences doesn't necessarily mean that he is able to receive lessons / instructions in English.

I know but I believe understanding a language is easier then actually speaking the language..for example my Spanish is very poor but I can understand it a lot better then I can speak it..so thats why if the boys understand a bit of english then they should be able to get by..I could understand it being a problem before but now with so much international exposure I believe it shouldn't be that much of a problem anymore..

roman
September 20, 2010, 09:30 AM
Habib Vai, do you think any foreign expert would come to Bangladesh if the Dough is not right? I dont think so..Do you think Chacha has that caliber like Pont or fountain have? I highly doubt that you will think that way... Ki bolben bolen amra ekhono oder moto hoi nai, ei jonno we have to pay them more because they are more clued-up than Chacha. Its not racism. we are just paying the qualified ppll what they deserve. And This is what Siddins said about Chacha..
"দুর্ভাগ্যজনক হলেও সত্যি, একজন সাবেক খেলোয়াড় হয়েও সুজন (মাহমুদ) এখনো কোচিংয়ের কোনো জায়গাতেই বিশেষজ্ঞ নয়। এ কারণেই জাতীয় দলের কোচিংয়ে বোর্ড বা আমি তাকে নির্দিষ্ট কোনো দায়িত্ব দিইনি। যত যা-ই বলুন, আমরা একটা আন্তর্জাতিক দল। সামর্থ্যের সর্বোচ্চ পর্যায়ে যেতে সম্ভাব্য সেরা কোচদেরই প্রয়োজন খেলোয়াড়দের"

beshideshi
September 20, 2010, 09:30 AM
Just a point about the english speaking ability of our players, they are learning stuff about cricket, not mastering in English literature. A coach will give you a cricket ball and show you how to work with it, very little is needed to say, and the little that is needed to say should already be well within our player's grasp. And if something is so essential to interpret we have Mashrafe, Shakib, Tamim, Jahurul and others who speak rather decent english. So I don't see the need of chacha as a translator.

auntu
September 20, 2010, 01:22 PM
[বাংলা]আমার মনে হয় সালাউদ্দিনকে নেয়া হলে অনেক ভালো হবে। সে স্পিন বোলারদের কোচ হিসেবে খুব ভালো হবে। এছেড়াও ছেলেরা তাকে দারুন পছন্দ করে। [/বাংলা]

auntu
September 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
[বাংলা]আমার মনে হয় সালাউদ্দিনকে নেয়া হলে অনেক ভালো হবে। সে স্পিন বোলারদের কোচ হিসেবে খুব ভালো হবে। এছেড়াও ছেলেরা তাকে দারুন পছন্দ করে। [/বাংলা]

Ajfar
September 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
I think chacha was being smart and wanted to quit before he was fired. With all these coaches around I really don't see what role he can play.

roman
September 20, 2010, 01:43 PM
According to Daily Star Chacha might stay.....

Khaled Mahmud might be persuaded to change his decision of stepping down from the post of assistant coach of the national cricket team after the high-ups of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) met him yesterday.
BCB's cricket operations committee chairman Enayet Hossain Siraj and newly appointed CEO Manzur Ahmed talked with Mahmud and head coach Jamie Siddons to solve the problem during a practice session at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.
A former national skipper Mahmud, who tender his resignation few days ago saying that he was not enjoying the job, has apparently retreated from his stubborn stance.
"Yes, they [Siraj and Manzur] talked with me and advised me to continue with my job. I will think about everything before reconsidering my position," said Mahmud.
Siraj however was confident that Mahmud would continue as an assistant coach.
"We need his services and we believe that it is a great opportunity for him to learn many things. I spoke with the coach [Siddons) and he has also said that he needed Mahmud's services. I think everything will be okay," said Siraj.
Manzur was also confident about a positive outcome and he wanted to give a long look at the local coach's issues.
"We want to respect everyone's opinion. I am hopeful about a positive outcome. In fact, we must have a long-term strategy for the local coaches so that we can get some high quality coaches," opined Manzur.
Mahmud has however already signed a deal with Abahani as a coach but BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus, who is also vice-chairman of Abahani's cricket committee, said that it would not be a problem.
"National interest comes first for us. It would not be a problem if he [Mahmud] stays with the national team. [Aminul Islam] Bulbul may join Abahani as a coach," said Yunus.

Tiger444
September 20, 2010, 02:02 PM
Mahmud's pretty much pullin a Raqibul..except he's an experienced and a grown man..he's clearly upset about something and quit..I blame this a lot on BCB though..there always seem to be a miscommunication with them and the players and coaches..

Naimul_Hd
September 20, 2010, 07:23 PM
সিদ্ধান্ত বদলাতে পারেন মাহমুদ

http://prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/460x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-09-20-17-54-35-030002300-2.jpg

কিছুটা কি নমনীয় হলেন খালেদ মাহমুদ? কাল সকালেও পদত্যাগের সিদ্ধান্তে অটল থাকার কথা বলছিলেন জোর দিয়ে। কিন্তু দুপুরের দিকে বললেন, ‘এখনো না ফেরারই সিদ্ধান্ত আমার। তার পরও ভেবে দেখি...।’

জাতীয় দলের পদত্যাগী সহকারী কোচ খালেদ মাহমুদকে ভাবনায় ফেলে দিয়েছে আসলে বিসিবির কালকের উদ্যোগ। বিসিবির দুই পরিচালক ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন, মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস এবং প্রধান নির্বাহী মঞ্জুর আহমেদ তাঁকে অনুরোধ করেছেন সিদ্ধান্ত পাল্টানোর। মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে কাল সকালে অনুশীলনের ফাঁকে এনায়েত হোসেন কথা বলেছেন মাহমুদের সঙ্গে। তাঁকে অনুরোধ করেছেন দেশের ক্রিকেটের স্বার্থে পদত্যাগপত্র প্রত্যাহার করে সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে থেকে যেতে। দুপুরের পর জালাল ইউনুসও অনুরোধ করেছেন। সন্ধ্যায় টেলিফোনে কথা বলেছেন প্রধান নির্বাহী। মাহমুদ কালই তাঁদের কিছু না বললেও তাঁর ভাবনায় কিছুটা যেন পরিবর্তনের হাওয়া, ‘সিরাজ ভাই (এনায়েত হোসেন), জালাল ভাই ও প্রধান নির্বাহী মঞ্জু ভাই আমাকে অনুরোধ করেছেন থেকে যেতে। আমি তাঁদের কাছে দু-একদিন সময় চেয়েছি। এটা অনেক বড় সিদ্ধান্ত। একটু ভেবে দেখি।’

খালেদ মাহমুদের সিদ্ধান্ত পরিবর্তনের চেষ্টা এর আগেও একবার হয়েছে। কিন্তু বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা মঞ্জুর আহমেদ আর উপ-মহাব্যবস্থাপক (প্রশাসন) নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরীকে সিদ্ধান্ত বদলাবেন না বলে জানিয়ে দিয়েছিলেন জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচ। তবে এবার আশাবাদী এনায়েত হোসেন, ‘আমি ওকে বলেছি, দেশের ক্রিকেটের স্বার্থেই তার মতো সাবেক ক্রিকেটারদের জাতীয় দলের সঙ্গে থাকা উচিত। বিদেশি কোচদের সঙ্গে কাজ করলে অনেক কিছু শিখতে পারবে, যা ভবিষ্যতে দেশের ক্রিকেটের কাজে লাগবে।’

এনায়েত হোসেনের এটা অজানা নয় যে, জাতীয় দলের কোচ জেমি সিডন্সের ওপর মাহমুদ ক্ষুব্ধ। এ ব্যাপারে তাঁর বক্তব্য, ‘সুজনকে (খালেদ মাহমুদ) বলেছি একটু মানিয়ে নিতে। তা ছাড়া আমার তো মনে হয় সিডন্স ওকে দিয়ে কাজ করাচ্ছেন। সিডন্স আমাকে বলেছে, সুজনকে ওর দরকার। সে চায় সুজন থাকুক। কোচিং শিডিউলেও দেখলাম বোলিং কোচ ইয়ান পন্টের সঙ্গে সুজনকে দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে। আমি তো সমস্যা কিছু দেখছি না।’

মাহমুদ সিদ্ধান্ত বদলাবেন, এনায়েত হোসেন ও জালাল ইউনুসের মতো এমন আশাবাদ বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী মঞ্জুর আহমেদের। তবে বিষয়টাকে খুব ‘স্পর্শকাতর’ উল্লেখ করে মন্তব্যও করলেন সতর্কতার সঙ্গে, ‘এটা খুব স্পর্শকাতর বিষয়। এখনই বিস্তারিত কিছু বলা ঠিক হবে না। তবে যা করার আমরা সুজনকে সম্মান দিয়েই করব। আমি আশাবাদী। হয়তো এ মাসের মধ্যেই সব ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।’ জানা গেছে, কাল প্রথম আলোয় প্রকাশিত মাহমুদ সম্পর্কে সিডন্সের কিছু মূল্যায়নও তাঁকে সিদ্ধান্ত পরিবর্তনে প্রভাবিত করেছে। সিডন্স মাহমুদের কোচিং দক্ষতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুললেও বলেছেন, দিনে দিনে অনেক অভিজ্ঞ হয়ে উঠছেন মাহমুদ। মাহমুদ ‘জাতীয় দলের সম্পদ’ বলেও মন্তব্য করেছেন কোচ।

বিসিবিতে চাকরি করুন বা না-ই করুন, এবার প্রিমিয়ার লিগে আবাহনীর কোচের দায়িত্ব পালন করবেন মাহমুদ। ৭ লাখ টাকায় আবাহনীর সঙ্গে পাকা কথা হয়ে গেছে তাঁর। তবে বিসিবি পরিচালক ও আবাহনী কর্মকর্তা জালাল ইউনুস বলেছেন, ‘সুজন যদি বোর্ডের চাকরিতে থেকে যায়, তাহলে বোর্ড থেকে অনুমতি নিয়েই তাকে আবাহনীর কোচ হতে হবে। ওই সময় বিসিবিতে তার কাজ না থাকলেই কেবল সে কোনো দলকে কোচিং করাতে পারবে।’ জালাল ইউনুস জানিয়েছেন, নভেম্বর-ডিসেম্বরে ছুটিতে থাকবেন বলে ওই সময় আবাহনীর ব্যাটিং পরামর্শক হিসেবে কাজ করতে আগ্রহী জাতীয় দলের আরেক সাবেক অধিনায়ক ও আবাহনীর সাবেক কোচ আমিনুল ইসলাম। বর্তমানে এসিসির কোচ হিসেবে কাজ করছেন তিনি।

News (http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-09-21/news/95086)

cricket_pagol
September 21, 2010, 12:12 AM
It seems lack of clear channel of communication is the problem.

BTW, blaming siddons for everything is one the most disappointing tradition at banglacricket.

Alchemist
September 21, 2010, 01:43 AM
BTW, blaming siddons for everything is one the most disappointing tradition at banglacricket.

On the other hand, I fail to see why some people are in love with Siddons!

Not showing any disrespect Cricket_Pagol bhai, but in my opinion, the central character behind this 'Sujon' drama is Siddons. Their philosophy never matched and the conflict of ego/personality was always there.

Now, who do you select with the responsibility to teach a young team?

Sujon was always a good motivator and he did pretty well with the academy team. He led our team against the test series in Pakistan (back in 2003) and have shown the spirit on how to fight with a relatively weaker side (specially in the Multan test).

On the other hand, Siddons has a much talented side but has shown very selfish/negative attitude from the beginning. Just being an Aussie and only knowing how to change someone's backlift, doesn't make him a superior coach than Sujon.

I actually think chacha shouldn’t come back under Siddons. After the world cup, when Siddons is gone (hopefully), chacha can come back.

Baundule
September 21, 2010, 01:52 AM
[বাংলা]
তবে সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে মাহমুদকে সেভাবে কাজে না লাগানোর ব্যাপারটি স্বীকার করেছেন সিডন্স। এ ব্যাপারে পরিষ্কার ব্যাখ্যাও আছে তাঁর, ‘দুর্ভাগ্যজনক হলেও সত্যি, একজন সাবেক খেলোয়াড় হয়েও সুজন (মাহমুদ) এখনো কোচিংয়ের কোনো জায়গাতেই বিশেষজ্ঞ নয়। এ কারণেই জাতীয় দলের কোচিংয়ে বোর্ড বা আমি তাকে নির্দিষ্ট কোনো দায়িত্ব দিইনি। যত যা-ই বলুন, আমরা একটা আন্তর্জাতিক দল। সামর্থ্যের সর্বোচ্চ পর্যায়ে যেতে সম্ভাব্য সেরা কোচদেরই প্রয়োজন খেলোয়াড়দের।’
[/বাংলা]

This is pathetic from Siddons. He is not the one to judge the qualification of Chacha. Since Chacha was appointed by the BCB, he should have been allowed to do his job. Clearly, Siddons created problems with that. If not for anything, Siddons should be sacked in a professional world for this single admission.

And ask the players who helped them most. The answer will be chacha, not the great head coach.

deshprem
September 21, 2010, 02:02 AM
everyone keeps saying shujon was a great motivator, if that was is only job then he shudnt be asking for a higher pay.

apart from that anyway what does he have to add when we have siddons, fountain n pont?

and as far as local newspapers go, obviously they will some stance towards shujon. i dont believe siddons or any coach has been so unprofessional. obviously som miscommunication going on here

Baundule
September 21, 2010, 02:40 AM
and as far as local newspapers go, obviously they will some stance towards shujon. i dont believe siddons or any coach has been so unprofessional. obviously som miscommunication going on here
If Siddons were professional, he should have used only two words 'no comments' to any question regarding this. It is not his duty to appoint the coach (his choices should be told to the BCB; but he is not the decision-maker), his task is to work with 'anyone' appointed by the BCB.

Actually it does not matter what we 'believe' or not; our journalists are also not the Al-amins; but what remains after considering all these facts is enough to judge Siddons.

Alchemist
September 21, 2010, 02:46 AM
“বাঙ্গালী জাতির ন্যায় বিশ্বাসহীন জাতি নাই। ভূত-প্রেত,হাঁচি-টিকটিকি,আধ্যাত্মি জাতিভেদ ও বিজ্ঞান বহির্ভূত অপূর্ব বৈজ্ঞানিক ব্যাখ্যা-সকলের প্রতি এক প্রকার জীবনহীন জড় বিশ্বাস থাকিতে পারে, কিন্তু মহত্বের প্রতি তাহাদের বিশ্বাস নাই।”
-রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর (আলস্য ও সাহিত্য)

cricket_pagol
September 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
On the other hand, I fail to see why some people are in love with Siddons!

Not showing any disrespect Cricket_Pagol bhai, but in my opinion, the central character behind this 'Sujon' drama is Siddons. Their philosophy never matched and the conflict of ego/personality was always there.

Now, who do you select with the responsibility to teach a young team?

Sujon was always a good motivator and he did pretty well with the academy team. He led our team against the test series in Pakistan (back in 2003) and have shown the spirit on how to fight with a relatively weaker side (specially in the Multan test).

On the other hand, Siddons has a much talented side but has shown very selfish/negative attitude from the beginning. Just being an Aussie and only knowing how to change someone's backlift, doesn't make him a superior coach than Sujon.

I actually think chacha shouldn’t come back under Siddons. After the world cup, when Siddons is gone (hopefully), chacha can come back.

No disrespect taken. I am not in love with Siddons, i just want people to draw a rational conclusion based evidence heard from both sides. I am a big fan of Sujon and I want him to be associated with the national team. But, that does not that he cannot make mistakes.

Rabz
September 21, 2010, 05:13 AM
Well, to add to whats already been said and done,
I'm with JS in this one. You need to have a qualified coaching certificate or some coaching experience to be in charge of a national team. OR, you have to be some superstar ex player who doesnt need any qualification cr@p to walk into any team's dressing room.

Unfortunately, KMS doesn't have any. As much as we like him for his personal qualities, he was mediocre at best as a player. Batting average of 12 and 14 in Test and ODI respectively, while Bowling average of 64 and 42 !! You seriously dont expect JS to take him that seriously when it comes to coaching tips, do you ?

Drawing attention to ask for paycheque as close to what Shawn Williams used to take home is really absurd. Its not the colour of the skin what BCB paid for, its their knowledge and expertise.

KMS, imho, should either be the Manager of the cricket team or shut up and do what he is doing right now. Run around the 3 coaches and learn something from each of them and broaden his own horizon of knowledge. This is a good opportunity for him to self teach himself and apply that to a domestic team. One step at a time.

deshprem
September 21, 2010, 05:34 AM
^^ word up !!

beshideshi
September 21, 2010, 07:11 AM
If Siddons were professional, he should have used only two words 'no comments' to any question regarding this. It is not his duty to appoint the coach (his choices should be told to the BCB; but he is not the decision-maker), his task is to work with 'anyone' appointed by the BCB.

Actually it does not matter what we 'believe' or not; our journalists are also not the Al-amins; but what remains after considering all these facts is enough to judge Siddons.

I have to disagree with you, first of all; I think saying "no comments" would have just made the doubts stronger, there were already speculations about his relationship with Chacha, so no need to worsen the situation by not commenting on it.

Also I think being a head coach, he should have the right to pick his coaching squad. Think of Jose Mourinho of Real Madrid, he will like to pick the best possible team that helps him win. JS can't pick the players but he can pick the coaching panel that he feels comfortable with and his intentions and liking must be acknowledged by BCB as long as he is the head coach. Being a financially constrained board, we can't always hire the right people, but I think picking a coach and then telling the head coach to "work with him" is not going to work.

You don't fire the CEO if there is a clash between the CEO and the asssitant manager of XXX department.

Equinox
September 21, 2010, 07:48 AM

Do you know what an assistant is?

Baundule
September 21, 2010, 08:03 AM
Do you know what an assistant is?
May be, no. Can you help understanding it in this context? For example, is Sujan an assistant coach or a personal assistant of the coach, the great Siddon? Or is Sujan appointed by the BCB or by the great coach Siddons? Or, did the BCB even ask the great head coach about HIS assistant?

Baundule
September 21, 2010, 08:11 AM
I have to disagree with you, first of all; I think saying "no comments" would have just made the doubts stronger, there were already speculations about his relationship with Chacha, so no need to worsen the situation by not commenting on it.

Also I think being a head coach, he should have the right to pick his coaching squad. Think of Jose Mourinho of Real Madrid, he will like to pick the best possible team that helps him win. JS can't pick the players but he can pick the coaching panel that he feels comfortable with and his intentions and liking must be acknowledged by BCB as long as he is the head coach. Being a financially constrained board, we can't always hire the right people, but I think picking a coach and then telling the head coach to "work with him" is not going to work.

You don't fire the CEO if there is a clash between the CEO and the asssitant manager of XXX department.
You are wrong on this. JS certainly CANNOT pick who will coach the team, he can just make some proposals. BCB can appoint a coach even without asking Siddons. The employer here is the BCB, not the head coach and the contract with the head coach does not give him the right to appoint the other coaches.

Inline with this, Chacha was not picked by Siddons, it was all the decision of the BCB. We are assuming here undue responsibilities to Siddons. It is injustice to Siddons as well.

And in the Chacha case, if Siddons had something to say about the qualification, he had to tell it to the BCB, preferrably before Chacha's appointment. When he is appointed, he must be treated properly. You can not dump him, while still paying the salary, stating that he is rubbish.

Baundule
September 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm with JS in this one. You need to have a qualified coaching certificate or some coaching experience to be in charge of a national team. OR, you have to be some superstar ex player who doesnt need any qualification cr@p to walk into any team's dressing room.

Unfortunately, KMS doesn't have any. As much as we like him for his personal qualities, he was mediocre at best as a player. Batting average of 12 and 14 in Test and ODI respectively, while Bowling average of 64 and 42 !! You seriously dont expect JS to take him that seriously when it comes to coaching tips, do you ?

Drawing attention to ask for paycheque as close to what Shawn Williams used to take home is really absurd. Its not the colour of the skin what BCB paid for, its their knowledge and expertise.

KMS, imho, should either be the Manager of the cricket team or shut up and do what he is doing right now. Run around the 3 coaches and learn something from each of them and broaden his own horizon of knowledge. This is a good opportunity for him to self teach himself and apply that to a domestic team. One step at a time.
Rabz bhai, Jamie Siddons is not the one who has to give any certificate to Chacha. He should simply shut up in front of the media before commenting on the leaving assistant coach's qualification as a reason of not using him properly. If he had any issue about chacha, he should have addressed it to the BCB. The comment on public is totally unacceptable. This is also an indication of how badly chacha was treated by him.

I think, working as an assistant coach with a Psycho like Buchanan, Jamie Siddons has some serious wrong ideas on how to communicate with an assistant coach.

lamisa
September 21, 2010, 09:59 AM

taliya taliya taliya!:clap::clap::clap:

beshideshi
September 21, 2010, 10:17 AM
You are wrong on this. JS certainly CANNOT pick who will coach the team, he can just make some proposals. BCB can appoint a coach even without asking Siddons. The employer here is the BCB, not the head coach and the contract with the head coach does not give him the right to appoint the other coaches.

Inline with this, Chacha was not picked by Siddons, it was all the decision of the BCB. We are assuming here undue responsibilities to Siddons. It is injustice to Siddons as well.

And in the Chacha case, if Siddons had something to say about the qualification, he had to tell it to the BCB, preferrably before Chacha's appointment. When he is appointed, he must be treated properly. You can not dump him, while still paying the salary, stating that he is rubbish.

There is a difference between "can not", "should not" and "does not". I am not saying Chacha or the other coaches were picked by JS, but JS's opinions must be valued very highly by BCB. Remember he is the head coach, and he has the right to chose the panel that suits him best and helps him get the best out of the team. And only because Chacha is hired by BCB doesn't mean he has to be used in the coaching panel, he could be used as the manager, the practice co-ordinator etc etc.

Also, I don't think Siddons ever called Shujon rubbish. There are several things that are said in practices and matches, every coach must have called Ash an idiot about 100 times, that doesn't mean everyone thinks he is an idiot.

Chacha or any other local assistant coach must remember, the coaches helping the Bangladesh team are of quite high calibre, and 9 out of 10 times the local coaches will just be used as a helping hand and not the main coach[with these coaches around]. People have to get past their ego, and try to help the team in any way possible.

auntu
September 21, 2010, 01:02 PM

Post of the thread. Can't agree more.

I think he is just trying to get attraction from media and people. The usual Bengali mentality. He was mentioning in an interview that thee is no need of several expert coach because it would make problem for the boys to grab the important thing. This statement is enough to understand his so called knowledge in cricket. As a Bangladesh cricket fan his resignation drama is a frustrating one for me. He had all the chance to learn from these specialist coaches rather he played a trick.

I don't see any point to keep him in the team. Let's take Salauddin and give him the charge of the spin bowlers.

yaseer
September 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
It would be the best scenario for him to be with the team under all these experienced coaches, learn and gain some experience. But after all these drama, he should leave now. It may create unnecessary tension in the team in future.

Shujon has a good cricketing brain and he is a good motivator. But Shujon has always been a over-rated character/player in our cricket. He himself over-rated him as a player throughout his career by considering him a genuine pace bowler. I remember once he expressed his shock in the media that how come he was not in the team as 3/4 pacers were selected!! I reckon same thing is happening as coach now. Probably he feels he is the next best candidate for the head coach.

Anyway, I do not understand all these fuss from BCB as well. If he wants to leave then let him leave. There is Salauddin, Nannu, Sarwar Imran and many more experienced local coaches around.

Alchemist
September 21, 2010, 11:28 PM
Although I like Rabz bhai’s post and can see the realistic approach, I’ve to disagree with the solution he’s providing for chacha.

Siddons always used the psychological weapon called ‘insult in front of others’ when he wanted to get rid of someone. He did that to Bashar at the beginning, then did that to AshDaFool and now doing that to chacha. It’s very easy for him because he always picks soft targets. Where is Miraz bhai when you need’m?

Chacha should just leave BCB and find a head-coach job with one of the associate countries to prove his worth.

yaseer
September 21, 2010, 11:48 PM
Chacha should just leave BCB and find a head-coach job with one of the associate countries to prove his worth.

I agree.
This is what Bulbul did as well when he was with BCB for a short period of time. Don't remember what the role was, but he did not like it and left BCB. Then worked with Abahani, now working as ACC coach, developing himself and surely he will be a contender for national team in future.

Alchemist
September 22, 2010, 01:06 AM
I agree.
This is what Bulbul did as well when he was with BCB for a short period of time. Don't remember what the role was, but he did not like it and left BCB. Then worked with Abahani, now working as ACC coach, developing himself and surely he will be a contender for national team in future.

I also agree.

Chacha should follow Bulbul's way because that's how he can develop himself. Not sticking with Siddons as an assistant to the assistant coaches!

Bangladesh needs more people who possess self-respect, respect others and never stop learning. Bulbul is a good example of someone who has integrity and a great role model.

BANFAN
September 22, 2010, 01:29 AM

I think, working as an assistant coach with a Psycho like Buchanan, Jamie Siddons has some serious wrong ideas on how to communicate with an assistant coach.

That's a genuine concern.

auntu
September 22, 2010, 01:57 AM
I agree.
There is a huge difference between chacha and Bulbul. Bulbul was a genuine batsman and chacha was a bit bowling and a bit batting. There was a gap in the national side so he got the chance. Otherwise he was merely a ODI mini all rounder.

Baundule
September 22, 2010, 02:18 AM
There is a difference between "can not", "should not" and "does not". I am not saying Chacha or the other coaches were picked by JS, but JS's opinions must be valued very highly by BCB. Remember he is the head coach, and he has the right to chose the panel that suits him best and helps him get the best out of the team. And only because Chacha is hired by BCB doesn't mean he has to be used in the coaching panel, he could be used as the manager, the practice co-ordinator etc etc.

Also, I don't think Siddons ever called Shujon rubbish. There are several things that are said in practices and matches, every coach must have called Ash an idiot about 100 times, that doesn't mean everyone thinks he is an idiot.

Chacha or any other local assistant coach must remember, the coaches helping the Bangladesh team are of quite high calibre, and 9 out of 10 times the local coaches will just be used as a helping hand and not the main coach[with these coaches around]. People have to get past their ego, and try to help the team in any way possible.
1st para: I think, we are interpreting the word 'right' differently. IMO, Siddons has the right to suggest (to the BCB) about his preference; but he does not have the right to make the final decision. Once BCB makes the call, Siddons MUST work with 'anyone' irrespective of the qualification (in Siddons own book) of the appointed person.

2nd paragraph: Here Siddons was giving a rubbish certificate to Sujon in the media, not in his own closed door. An assistant coach is a colleague, there is no servant-master relationship with the head coach. So, in a professional world a head coach should not call an assistant coach an idiot in front of the players and other people.

3rd para: Foreigners are thought of having high calibre, which is not always true. Calibre means nothing if it can not be applied in practice. Siddons is no exception, we had Mohsin Kamals in the past. A much higher calibre Buchanan was kicked out of KKR; but we can not do it. We are too assuming of high calibre withought judging it in reality.

Baundule
September 22, 2010, 02:23 AM
That's a genuine concern.

And we were ruled by the British and then the Pakis for 200+ years. :D
That explains what we are used to.

Sohel
September 22, 2010, 08:00 AM
Rabz bhai, Jamie Siddons is not the one who has to give any certificate to Chacha. He should simply shut up in front of the media before commenting on the leaving assistant coach's qualification as a reason of not using him properly. If he had any issue about chacha, he should have addressed it to the BCB. The comment on public is totally unacceptable. This is also an indication of how badly chacha was treated by him.

Bro,

At the risk of sounding overly provocative, Siddons-lovers are similar to some atheists I know. Always skeptical in spite of what believers see as overwhelming evidence. Sidlovin' is here to stay until he hauls his *** back down under, MAIT ... ;)

lamisa
September 22, 2010, 08:05 AM
Post of the thread. Can't agree more.

I think he is just trying to get attraction from media and people. The usual Bengali mentality. He was mentioning in an interview that thee is no need of several expert coach because it would make problem for the boys to grab the important thing. This statement is enough to understand his so called knowledge in cricket. As a Bangladesh cricket fan his resignation drama is a frustrating one for me. He had all the chance to learn from these specialist coaches rather he played a trick.

I don't see any point to keep him in the team. Let's take Salauddin and give him the charge of the spin bowlers.

i also heard that and then i went like WTH?he sounds like one of those local politicians.and what is the "important thing" according to him?winning?oh yeah,u can so win matches without being an acclomplished fielding,batting and bowling side!

Baundule
September 22, 2010, 09:50 AM
Bro,

At the risk of sounding overly provocative, Siddons-lovers are similar to some atheists I know. Always skeptical in spite of what believers see as overwhelming evidence. Sidlovin' is here to stay until he hauls his *** back down under, MAIT ... ;)
Sohel bhai, hopefully things are changing towards the right direction. For us, the speed may be on the slower side; but we have seen many coverts (Sidlover->NotTooSidlover->SidHater) in recent times.

With time we will also learn that it is not the best idea to wait for taking action until everything is ruined.

Nocturnal
September 23, 2010, 01:18 AM
There is a huge difference between chacha and Bulbul. Bulbul was a genuine batsman and chacha was a bit bowling and a bit batting. There was a gap in the national side so he got the chance. Otherwise he was merely a ODI mini all rounder.

That is why I want chacha to stay with national team and Abahani can pick bulbul again as a coach for upcoming season. Abahani would be so better off ....lol ;)

Eshen
September 23, 2010, 01:34 AM
There is a huge difference between chacha and Bulbul. Bulbul was a genuine batsman and chacha was a bit bowling and a bit batting. There was a gap in the national side so he got the chance. Otherwise he was merely a ODI mini all rounder.To add to that, Bulbul spent good amount of time in Sydney learning his trade as a coach and had opportunities to work with cricket legends such as Michael Slater and Geoff Lawson.

sajib1125
September 23, 2010, 07:13 AM
he is not a good bats man ,not a good bowler. his career is very poor.he can not be a good coach.

sajib1125
September 23, 2010, 07:17 AM
we don't need a coach like mahmud's quality.we need better coach.our players ability is bettr than khaled Mahmud.

Tiger444
September 23, 2010, 09:24 AM
Honestly speaking Mahmud was really lucky to be able to coach the national team despite no coaching experience..he should have taken advantage and learnt on the job..now with all these specialist coaches I see no place for him..

roman
September 23, 2010, 09:42 AM
No matter how incompetent of a coach chacha may be , he has been with the national team for a while now and have learnt a lot from Siddons I assume. If someone comes in place of chacha now, he has to start from zero, players also need to get accustomed to the new guy. It would be best for the interest of BD if Sujon can stay till world cup. I personally think he is better off being a manager.

lamisa
September 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
^^^that sort of job will suit him the best given his skillset but he WANTS to be a coach,remember?

roman
September 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
^^^ He wants to get responsibilities. It can be management also...He is just being a juvenile :(

roman
September 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
<FIELDSET>

Adamant Mahmud steps down

</FIELDSET>
Sports Reporter
Khaled Mahmud ultimately stuck to his decision of stepping down from the duty of assistant coach of the national cricket team.
"I gave my final decision to the board today as it's not possible for me right now to continue my job as assistant coach or any other position in the board as an employee. I'm not going to the training from tomorrow," informed Khaled Mahmud yesterday. He is all set to become Abahni coach for the season.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) also accepted his resignation after they failed to convince the former national skipper to change the decision.
"The technical committee met today [Thursday] to discuss the issue and has accepted his resignation letter. Right at the moment, we are not thinking about a replacement in the national team. We thought it would not be a problem for the team," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus, who is also a member of the technical committee.
"We tried our best to change his decision. Cricket operations committee chairman (Enayet Hossain Siraj) and our CEO (Manzur Ahmed) have talked with him but he (Khaled Mahmud) was adamant with his decision.
"He had made some 'unacceptable' comments against the board but still we felt that he can continue his job because he has got the potential," said Jalal.
Though Mahmud had tendered his resignation saying that he was not enjoying his job, the reason behind the scene was that he has a lot of complain against head coach Jamie Siddons.
"We assured him many things but he was not ready to be convinced by our promises," said Yunus.
Mahmud however said that he has no complain against the board.
"What I felt that it would not be a wise decision for me to change my mind. I have to look at my career and family too. I have no complain against the board because I will be happy if I can be involved in any board activities in the future. One thing is that I want to leave with honour," said Mahmud.
"Right now, I want to concentrate on my business as well as club coaching," he added.
Yunus, who is also vice-chairman of the Abahani's cricket committee, said that it would not be a problem for Mahmud to take the Dhanmondi outfit's charge if he continues as an assistant coach of the national team.
"National and club duties are totally different things. Yes, he has made a deal with Abahani for the coming season. It may have been possible for him to do both the duties. Anyway we can't impose anything on him," said Jalal.

Source: Daily Star

_Rafi_
September 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Thats good...now team is free from any kind of internal conflict.

HereWeGo
September 23, 2010, 03:15 PM
I dont know what mahmud thinks of himself. Bangladesh gave him so much... I still remember this guy cant even bowl nor can he bat but he was still the captain of the bangladesh national team. He has the record in test for highest number of bowls bowled between two successive wickets, and he bowled himself during the multan test when inzamam hit him for four to finish the match...Disgracegul character...

Blah
September 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
I think the problem is that he wanted to be the head coach when Siddons steps down (there was an interview of sorts where he mentioned something of that nature few months ago, I don't have the exact quote or the source at the moment). Obviously that would never happen. Even if Siddons were to leave after his contract was up (I don't know what his plans are), and even if BCB wanted to have someone local to take over coaching responsibility for the national team (a ridiculous notion), I can think of at least 4-5 people who should get a nod ahead of, and more qualified than, Khaled.

But thats not the worst part, he made his intentions public while he is still the assistant of the head coach he plans to replace. I don't care if Siddons told him that he is leaving after his contract is up, thats just unprofessional and a rude thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Siddons took it personally and put Khaled in his place.

Khaled is an "Assistant Coach" not a "Deputy coach", meaning his duty is to assist the coach in whatever goals the Coach has for the team during training. He doesn't get to choose how to run the show. By ranking, both Bowling coach and Fielding coach should be ahead of him and they get to make specific plans for the team during training and his responsibility was to assist them to help execute those plans.

Personally I was never a big fan of him and never understood why BC is gaga over him. I am sure he is a nice guy,but he is full of drama with little substance.

The last thing we need is a drama queen in Bangladesh team. I say good riddance.

Naimul_Hd
September 23, 2010, 06:14 PM
Good on Bangladesh Cricket team.

We dnt need any self-centered personality in the team. Chaccha has a big ego problem. Dnt wanna infect that into the team.

With little Asst coaching knowledge, i wonder what good he will do to Abahani. Abahani officials now have a big crying baby to handle. Best of luck to them.

Alchemist
September 24, 2010, 01:16 AM
I dont know what mahmud thinks of himself. Bangladesh gave him so much... I still remember this guy cant even bowl nor can he bat but he was still the captain of the bangladesh national team. He has the record in test for highest number of bowls bowled between two successive wickets, and he bowled himself during the multan test when inzamam hit him for four to finish the match...Disgracegul character...

Excuse me? Did you actually see the Multan Test? Do you remember the skills of the other Bangladeshi players back then?

Chacha is no Imran Khan. But by saying that he was a disgraceful character only shows your depth of knowledge about the evolution of Bangladesh cricket team.

Chacha was the chief architect behind the famous 1 day victory against Pakistan in 1999 World cup. He led his team, wonderfully, against Pakistan in the test series in 2003. After Pilot was sacked, Bulbul, Akram and Nannu left the team, there was no other senior player available than chacha to take the leadership role. And as far as I remember, he managed to inspire the team wonderfully. There were two players who always gave their 100%. Rafique and Chacha.

You may not be happy with Chacha's cricketing skills. But, calling him a disgraceful character is a disgrace itself!:mad:

Baundule
September 24, 2010, 02:45 AM
Excuse me? Did you actually see the Multan Test? Do you remember the skills of the other Bangladeshi players back then?

Chacha is no Imran Khan. But by saying that he was a disgraceful character only shows your depth of knowledge about the evolution of Bangladesh cricket team.

Chacha was the chief architect behind the famous 1 day victory against Pakistan in 1999 World cup. He led his team, wonderfully, against Pakistan in the test series in 2003. After Pilot was sacked, Bulbul, Akram and Nannu left the team, there was no other senior player available than chacha to take the leadership role. And as far as I remember, he managed to inspire the team wonderfully. There were two players who always gave their 100%. Rafique and Chacha.

You may not be happy with Chacha's cricketing skills. But, calling him a disgraceful character is a disgrace itself!:mad:
Chacha is the 8th wonder; he could neither bat, nor bowl and still became the captain of the team. The 1999 world cup match against Pakistan is assumed to be fixed by some people. And if we consider it as a fact, Chacha can be termed as a match-fixer too. He fixed his man of the match award. :D

On the other hand, the greatest cricketer and coach on earth our dear beloved bewildered Jamie Siddons never got his due respect. Even the Waughs were soooo rude that they created the joke about this great personality:

In a Sheffield Shield game between NSW and SA, a Waugh twin (not sure which) was taking an enternity to take guard, asking the umpire for centre, middle and leg, two legs - the whole lot. Then he steps away towards leg side and has another look around the field, before re checking centre.
Jamie Siddons is at slip, and decided enough is enough. He yells out."For christ sake, it's not a 'f*cken test match."
Waugh replies: " Of course it isn't ... You're here. " :mad:

Habib
September 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
^What? Are you kidding me? If you term Khaled Mahmud as a match fixer then the whole BD squad for 1999 WC were match fixers. Some of you are going way overboard in criticising him. Don’t belittle our achievements just for the sake of bashing an individual.

Roni_uk
September 24, 2010, 07:02 AM
Too many "drama queens" in the asian sub continent. If he was responsible enough, he should have stayed until the world cup.

roman
September 24, 2010, 07:32 AM

Its reasonable that we dont agree to all the comments posted here on BC, but we all should not show aggressions to someone directly for his/her opinion.None of us are experts here and we are all Bangladeshi. Love to be loved :)

HereWeGo
September 24, 2010, 07:40 AM

You are entitled to your opinion, I have watced cricket a lot and also played the game in a semi pro level. Chacha's average speed was around 120K (at best) and without any decent swing or seam movement. Even at that point Bangladesh had better seamers than Chacha...please note that chacha was never a regular before he was a captain or after he lost the captaincy.
I am only suggesting that even with such limited skills when your country shows so much respect as to make you the captain, then it also becomes your responsibility to serve when your country needs you. His act of betrayal is a disgrace. You are right, he is no imran khan so he should stop pretending like one.

ahnaf
September 24, 2010, 07:47 AM
Chacha is the 8th wonder; he could neither bat, nor bowl and still became the captain of the team. The 1999 world cup match against Pakistan is assumed to be fixed by some people. And if we consider it as a fact, Chacha can be termed as a match-fixer too. He fixed his man of the match award. :D

On the other hand, the greatest cricketer and coach on earth our dear beloved bewildered Jamie Siddons never got his due respect. Even the Waughs were soooo rude that they created the joke about this great personality:

In a Sheffield Shield game between NSW and SA, a Waugh twin (not sure which) was taking an enternity to take guard, asking the umpire for centre, middle and leg, two legs - the whole lot. Then he steps away towards leg side and has another look around the field, before re checking centre.
Jamie Siddons is at slip, and decided enough is enough. He yells out."For christ sake, it's not a 'f*cken test match."

thats unacceptable baundule bhai..

lamisa
September 24, 2010, 10:32 AM

lol,do i love sledging or what!

Rabz
September 24, 2010, 12:54 PM

1st Para: Now, you are just exaggerating the whole thing. No one claims him to be the the greatest player and coach. AND, it was no joke created, it was just an onfield sledging between two players.

2nd Para: It was Mark Waugh, and you conveniently missed JS's reply.
JS: Atleast I'm the best batsman in my family !!

( ..and Im one of the biggest fans of Mark Waugh,mind you)

Sorry to say buddy, that was a low blow. Three lines of sledging between two players in a match taken out of context is not the right way to refer to someone for anything....

auntu
September 24, 2010, 01:08 PM
Please tag this thread as :hot thread:
:D

Sauron
September 24, 2010, 04:34 PM
I still remember the numerous matches where chacha would bowl a half-volley and then get hit over the boundary. But what followed was interesting. He would bitch and scream at the fielder who ran full steam from quite afar but couldn't stop the boundary despite best efforts.

Even then I had heard many people praise him for his "spirit". But to me he was always a whiner who overrated himself even more than what his ardent fans did.

This moron must be put in his place i.e. gotten rid of.

Anyway, whenever a chacha conversation comes along, I remember my life's solitary effort on poetry that was inspired by Chacha. For the newer folks that did not partake, here goes :)

-
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14405

Green Tea
September 24, 2010, 04:45 PM
Too many "drama queens" in the asian sub continent. If he was responsible enough, he should have stayed until the world cup.

http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/images/com/senatemajority/27/0d/fe/f6/8db296f5b11c63fa8fdf288d.jpg

ammark
September 24, 2010, 05:40 PM
Anyway, whenever a chacha conversation comes along, I remember my life's solitary effort on poetry that was inspired by Chacha. For the newer folks that did not partake, here goes :)

-

Holy sh*t I vaguely recall this thread. Its fracking hilarious!!!! :lol: So vividly illuminates why all of chacha's bruhaha has nothing to back itself on!

To add to Babubangla bhai's last post....
What else do you expect from a "Fighting Cricketer"?
He will fight in any way possible.. no matter whether the opponet is a cricket team or an Umpire !!http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/smilies/smile.gif

He fought against coach too! :D

MarufH
September 24, 2010, 06:09 PM
Holy sh*t I vaguely recall this thread. Its fracking hilarious!!!! :lol: So vividly illuminates why all of chacha's bruhaha has nothing to back itself on!

To add to Babubangla bhai's last post....

He fought against coach too! :D

My stomach hurts... :lol:

simon
September 24, 2010, 06:37 PM
I still remember the numerous matches where chacha would bowl a half-volley and then get hit over the boundary. But what followed was interesting. He would bitch and scream at the fielder who ran full steam from quite afar but couldn't stop the boundary despite best efforts.

Even then I had heard many people praise him for his "spirit". But to me he was always a whiner who overrated himself even more than what his ardent fans did.

-

oh thanks,its hilarious.:-D
never saw it before.

al-Sagar
September 24, 2010, 08:03 PM

-

i remember one match at DHAKA vs Pakistan. Inzi was batting. the ball was just short of good lenth at offstump line. inzil went to back foot and just had a push on the ball. the ball went up on the air and easily sailed over the long of boundary for six.

Baundule
September 25, 2010, 05:41 AM
thats unacceptable baundule bhai..
Why? Many of us were telling that Chacha was a horrible cricketer; so, there must be something fishy with his getting the man of the match award in a famous victory. :D

1st Para: Now, you are just exaggerating the whole thing. No one claims him to be the the greatest player and coach. AND, it was no joke created, it was just an onfield sledging between two players.

2nd Para: It was Mark Waugh, and you conveniently missed JS's reply.
JS: Atleast I'm the best batsman in my family !!

( ..and Im one of the biggest fans of Mark Waugh,mind you)

Sorry to say buddy, that was a low blow. Three lines of sledging between two players in a match taken out of context is not the right way to refer to someone for anything....
Rabz bhai, the main point here is many of us are telling what a pathetic cricketer Chacha was and eventually justifying JS's mismanagement with Chacha. I just showed the other side of the coin. JS himself was not an international material. Recordwise Chacha fares better than him. JS deserves a hit below his belt and Waugh gave it!

The discussion here was not actually who the better player is, it was how you avoid saying BS in the media about your colleague.

(In my copy-paste of the joke I did not see JS's sacred reply. But Mark was a better batsman than Steve in first class matches, in List As and in ODIs; Steve Waugh has a better record in test matches only. So, as usual Siddons did not get that one right as well.)

napoleonIV
September 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
The discussion here was not actually who the better player is, it was how you avoid saying BS in the media about your colleague.

Can you please remind me who started it? As far as I remember, it was KMS who first came out making accusations against JS publicly. He could have just said that things are not working with BCB and stop at that. His public outburst kind of warranted that JS tells his side of the story.

ahnaf
September 26, 2010, 04:02 AM
Why? Many of us were telling that Chacha was a horrible cricketer; so, there must be something fishy with his getting the man of the match award in a famous victory. :D

Rabz bhai, the main point here is many of us are telling what a pathetic cricketer Chacha was and eventually justifying JS's mismanagement with Chacha. I just showed the other side of the coin. JS himself was not an international material. Recordwise Chacha fares better than him. JS deserves a hit below his belt and Waugh gave it!

(In my copy-paste of the joke I did not see JS's sacred reply. But Mark was a better batsman than Steve in first class matches, in List As and in ODIs; Steve Waugh has a better record in test matches only. So, as usual Siddons did not get that one right as well.)

thats not true bhaia.. Js listed all time best 50 cricketer of aus.. He is the best batsman who never played test in warne's or some aus legends view...

lamisa
September 26, 2010, 04:34 AM
Can you please remind me who started it? As far as I remember, it was KMS who first came out making accusations against JS publicly. He could have just said that things are not working with BCB and stop at that. His public outburst kind of warranted that JS tells his side of the story.

right and JS just became a bit too defensive..

Baundule
September 27, 2010, 01:47 AM
thats not true bhaia.. Js listed all time best 50 cricketer of aus.. He is the best batsman who never played test in warne's or some aus legends view...
anhaf bhai, I am very interested to see such a list.
Legends' views are not always the fact. When we are talking about someone in order to praise him, we say many things that we do not always mean.