PDA

View Full Version : Shakib's batting - What's wrong?

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 05:18 AM
This is not a thread to blame him or something, he's doing pretty good with the ball. But he's lately to Ashraful'ish with the bat. But what do you think is wrong with his batting?

If you observe his big innings, most of them he'll have got one or two lives early on and looked tentative in the early part of his innings. So I think he just needs to settle in calmly, and then try and play his strokes. Another thing is he's relying too much on scoops/slogs rather than keeping it down. I can accept it if he's a talentless hack, but he ain't. I've seen him play quite decent proper cricketing strokes. Still 9/10 times he gets out playing wild slogs.

So it's simple, settle in, keep it down, rotate the strike - and then slog - instead of simply playing ugly slogs when it's absolutely not required.

lamisa
September 17, 2010, 05:28 AM
^^^i think that he's too pleased with his bowling.he thinks he's the best and i guess so he tries to play impressive looking shots(as in the ones that are hit hard and the ball goes really high in the air for boundaries) and ends up making a fool of himself...

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 05:37 AM
i think all started in the tri-series game where shakib WON the game for BD scoring 90 odd runs from around 50ish balls.

sinsce then i have seen a change in shakibs game. before then intially shakib used to bat at 3-4 and used play straight bat shots and used to find gaps with well timed shots for boundary. thus he looked to build an innings.

but after that game shakib some how thought he can just slog in the air and pile on runs. since then i have seen him becoming a bit wreck-less in his batting and seems to forget what he had done early in a career. for some reason he believes he needs to slog and score quick in the middle.

i think shakib needs to cool himself and regather his thoughts about his batting.

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 06:10 AM
^^^i think that he's too pleased with his bowling.he thinks he's the best and i guess so he tries to play impressive looking shots(as in the ones that are hit hard and the ball goes really high in the air for boundaries) and ends up making a fool of himself...
LOL, quite a theory there. :-D

i think all started in the tri-series game where shakib WON the game for BD scoring 90 odd runs from around 50ish balls.

sinsce then i have seen a change in shakibs game. before then intially shakib used to bat at 3-4 and used play straight bat shots and used to find gaps with well timed shots for boundary. thus he looked to build an innings.

but after that game shakib some how thought he can just slog in the air and pile on runs. since then i have seen him becoming a bit wreck-less in his batting and seems to forget what he had done early in a career. for some reason he believes he needs to slog and score quick in the middle.

i think shakib needs to cool himself and regather his thoughts about his batting.

The purpose of the thread was to analyze what was wrong in a technical perspective, but Interesting point.

Maybe yes, he believes slogging can get pressure of him and get the bowlers under pressure. But I afraid such wild slogs are hardly gonna help, whatever his intentions are. Siddons should help him a bit in that department I guess.

Hope he serves us the humble in the upcoming series. Can't wait to have a slice. :-D

zainab
September 17, 2010, 06:46 AM
Sakib's problem is that he lacks patience, wants to score quick runs. Ideally, he is a No5 batsman.
If he does not improve his stats on batting, he will not be the No1 allrounder much longer, I dont know if he is aware of this.

_Rafi_
September 17, 2010, 07:10 AM
Shakib has not improved his batting technically. In earlier part of his career he scored runs despite his bad technic because he had patience to stay on crease at that time. But nowadays he loses his patience and doesn't want bowlers to dominate his batting. Some initial success of this careless batting also encouraging him to continue his aggressiveness. I think Siddonse or someone else needs to talk with Shakib about it and needs to cool him down. Shakib also needs to take some lesson from Ash's batting approach and career.

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 07:18 AM
Shakib has not improved his batting technically. In earlier part of his career he scored runs despite his bad technic because he had patience to stay on crease at that time. But nowadays he loses his patience and doesn't want bowlers to dominate his batting. Some initial success of this careless batting also encouraging him to continue his aggressiveness. I think Siddonse or someone else needs to talk with Shakib about it and needs to cool him down. Shakib also needs to take some lesson from Ash's batting approach and career.

He had an alright'ish technique. He used to play the cover drives & square cuts pretty well. I agree with the rest, Siddons must ask him to take it easy. Or maybe someone here should convey him our concerns about his batting E-)

beshideshi
September 17, 2010, 07:23 AM
^ Absolutely, if I was bowling to Shakib, I would just stop the runs for 3-4 overs and then Shakib would play a shot out of the garbage can and get out. He has to be more patient, not all days are going to be Shakib's. Bowlers will outplay him several times, but he has to value his wicket, stay in the crease, fight through the difficult phase and score runs.

Naimul_Hd
September 17, 2010, 07:39 AM

^ Absolutely, if I was bowling to Shakib, I would just stop the runs for 3-4 overs and then Shakib would play a shot out of the garbage can and get out. He has to be more patient, not all days are going to be Shakib's. Bowlers will outplay him several times, but he has to value his wicket, stay in the crease, fight through the difficult phase and score runs.

Could not agree more !!! exactly what i was about to say ! :)

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 07:52 AM

Spot on, even Sehwag or say, Tamim will get frustrated after facing 3 maiden overs, but the difference is that they know what they're doing (especially Sehwag). Shakib slogs wildly like a tailender, he seems to be more like an Afridi with the bat to me. That's the last thing BD need /:)

Or he should opt the easy way, by raising averages like Dhoni/Kallis does by getting not outs. :-D

riankhan
September 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
I think the guy is tired. Some time he tends to do those Awla-Jhawla shots. But it seems... it became his regular feature now a days. Hope a good rest and practice sessions with JS will help to get his rhythm back.

roman
September 17, 2010, 08:37 AM
I think he is focusing more on his bowling nowadays, and he's been playing non stop cricket for so long. He needs a break. I am sure he'll have his batting form back soon.

simon
September 17, 2010, 10:01 AM
its all abt his mentality,tchncly he is ok,he lacks patience .
and i also agree that his mentality changed after he scored 94 vs Sri and tht he is too pleased and focused abt his bwlng now a days.

Ajfar
September 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
He is definitely a much better batsman than what he displayed in the county season. I think the number 1 reason behind his slopping batting right now is too much cricket, this kid's been playing without any break. Its gotta have some sort of effect. As for in general, he lacks patience. When bowlers are bowling to him in a consistent line and he is not able to score runs. He starts getting frustrated, and goes for wild shots. Also as a bowler himself he knows this bowler is starting to get comfortable. I can't lets him do that, I have to break his rhythm. So he goes for shots that aren't there to see if he can score some runs and make it harder for the bowler to settle in.

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 11:04 AM
I agree with you guys, too much cricket can really affect one's performance badly. But no denying it has helped him a lot as a bowler. And after the NZ series, he can get a pretty decent enough break I guess.

_Rafi_
September 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
Btw not much swing in BD condition. We can expect better from Shakib.

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 12:32 PM
Btw not much swing in BD condition. We can expect better from Shakib.

I'dve been relieved if that was the case. But on his day, he can score on a minefield, else he'll get out cheaply in the most placid wickets. :(

dolcevita
September 17, 2010, 05:36 PM
He doesn't care about his batting...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

FagunerAgun
September 17, 2010, 06:22 PM
He is having this type of batting in division 2, what will happen in division 1!!!
Hope and pray he will get back his excellent batting touch.

riankhan
September 17, 2010, 06:44 PM
The poor guy cant even cook anything else other than Anda.
Lack of Deshi meal, lack of rest......with the half injured body....and few more
Suddenly feeling sympathetic for Batsman Shakib:notworthy:

rinathq
September 17, 2010, 07:25 PM
Honestly, he was never a good batsman.....his technique is horrible, he managed to get some runs on some games but thats it. The ways he gets out is horrible. His batting have not shown any kind of top order responsibility. He is a great bowler and i think we should admire him for that. Forget batting. If u carefully look at some of his innings, we will know what i am talking about.

riankhan
September 17, 2010, 07:35 PM
Honestly, he was never a good batsman.....his technique is horrible, he managed to get some runs on some games but thats it. The ways he gets out is horrible. His batting have not shown any kind of top order responsibility. He is a great bowler and i think we should admire him for that. Forget batting. If u carefully look at some of his innings, we will know what i am talking about.

Agree...technically, he's not the best. But JS worked with his techniques (specially with his back lift) and he definitely was scoring runs till 2010. Still....its not his strong point.
Rather, his hand-eye coordination, comparatively cool head and hunger for success (which seems to be a bit down now a days) made him more prolific with the bat.

Razi
September 18, 2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1204153&postcount=506) was one of the reasons!

cricket_king
September 18, 2010, 08:29 PM

Technique doesn't define a batsman. He has a fairly poor technique, I'll give you that, but you can't call the guy a poor batsman after some of the knocks he has played as a middle-order batsman, also keeping in mind his average of over 30 in both forms of the game. He is probably more suited to playing late in the middle-order, perhaps 6 and 7, but because he is playing in a line-up with few dominators, he is always needed to step up and play in a position he may not be best suited to.

Tiger444
September 18, 2010, 09:23 PM

Never a good batsman? Did you dig in to his stats? And like cricketking says you necessarily dont need the greatest technique to be the greatest batsman..look at Sehwag and you'll see what I mean..in 54 matches he has a century and 11 half centuries against the test playing nations..only Tamim and Ash has similar stats to that and Ash has played waaay more matches so Shakib is on Tamim's level in ODIs..I care mostly about how you fare against the top 8 teams and he has done that quite well..

Regarding his current poor form though he really needs to step it up..he's been 1 of our most disappointing batsman this year..we really needed him to step it up and he has failed big time with the bat this year..I think its temperament thats getting to Shakib..he has all the talent to be a great great batsman but he just has to calm down..get his eye in and once he's settled then he should play his flurry of shots..he can get away with bad temperament against Zimbabwe but not against teams like England or New Zealand..

imahmud
September 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
Gens,
You cannot learn how to ride bike by reading book and along the same vein,
you cannot be a good batsman only being technically good. Batsman must have
guts and courage and aggression. Shakib has/had it. But team like ours, you
have to curve down all these attributes, aggression, guts etc. Instead, just
learn to survive as that is what from time to time, was needed from them,
too frequently. We are losing our entire talented batsmen who are often
taking this huge burden of responsibility. Our talent like Ash or Aftab
could have shined much higher degree if they would have played for other better
team. Unfortunately we need to go through this journey, sacrificing some of these
great talents that our country has produced. But it is unfair and don’t know when
can these talented batsman could play with their full potential and shine, when
could we stop overloading them with huge load of parental responsibility when they
are only a child, very talented child?

Zeeshan
September 18, 2010, 09:48 PM
^Good post. (mind changing the font to default one...it's hard to read :) )

jisaan
September 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
Dil-Scoop!
Stop him from playing that shot. his stay in the crease would double at the end of the year

shakibrulz
September 19, 2010, 03:32 AM

1. Unorthodox batsmen are all crap? Wow, then Sehwag, Chanderpaul, Dhoni, Katich, etc should be utter trash.. In fact nowadays batsmen with orthodox technique are proving to be less effective. :D

2. Shakib's technique is horrible? Well maybe I dunno the Shakib you are talking about

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLLMvZwzNoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLLMvZwzNoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Almost all the shots he played were proper cricketing shots & a few slogs, can't see why his technique is 'horrible'? :waiting: In fact, his batting style (especially that sweep shot) reminds me of Yuvi :D

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 04:30 AM

He has flaws, is no crap with bat.

He just needs to take care of his batting a bit more and I hope he will do well soon. It's hard, really hard to concentrate on both bowling and batting at the same time. When you do too well with one, that means he had to think a lot on that side. I'm pretty sure if he can concentrate a bit more on batting side, he will excel equally.

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
He was a batsman who could bowl a bit. (u-19 days). Then he had to concentrate on bowling with the departure of Mo Rafiq. Give him credit to become one of the best sla's in the world. Be thankful of what we have and have patience.

Tiger444
September 19, 2010, 07:50 AM
I think what we should do is bump him down to #7..that way he can focus more on his bowling and instead of worrying about building an innings he can play a quickfire innings..putting him up at #5 I believe is too much pressure for him and he could pull that off against minnows but all that responsibility against test playing nations is just too much pressure..

lamisa
September 19, 2010, 09:21 AM
^^^i agree.and his battig style is also better suited for a lower order position.

rinathq
September 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
getting odd 20-30 runs in the toporder doesn't make anyone a good batsman....
If you have bad techniques, u can make 20-30 runs just by slogging but u won’t go further (most of the times).The position where he plays (no.4-5) is for batsman with responsibility, stability and good techniques. Even though we dunt have a perfect player for that we have better than Sakib. He is just a blind slogger. So as u guys rightfully said, he is suitable for no.7-8 for the use of power plays. U guys said how Shewag has bad tactics but still is a good batsman. Well guess what? That’s why he is shewag and Tendulkar, ponting, lara and so on. A player should always aim for excellence no matter where he is from or what he is……….

BANFAN
September 20, 2010, 01:08 AM
If you have bad techniques, u can make 20-30 runs just by slogging but u won’t go further (most of the times).The position where he plays (no.4-5) is for batsman with responsibility, stability and good techniques. Even though we dunt have a perfect player for that we have better than Sakib. He is just a blind slogger. So as u guys rightfully said, he is suitable for no.7-8 for the use of power plays. U guys said how Shewag has bad tactics but still is a good batsman. Well guess what? That’s why he is shewag and Tendulkar, ponting, lara and so on. A player should always aim for excellence no matter where he is from or what he is……….

Have a look at his batting again. He is not a blind slogger, yes it's true, he tries unorthodox and difficult shots and gets out in the process. he just needs to achieve perfection in those shots by hard work. If he can achieve that, the same batting will become a brand of his own and be called great batting.

Tamim was a much bigger blind hitter, but over last few months he has been able to see more and connect more. Now he is devastating like Shehwag. So, the book has a prescribed shot for a ball, an ordinary player will attempt that to collect a single, but an extraordinary player will try something different to bring out4/6 out of that. These innovations are a necessity of this time to succeed. So, just be with the game as it progresses, if you fall behind, you tend to call it a slogging. Int cricket will no more produce a Gavaskars & Boycots, for the right reasons.

Tiger Manc
September 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
I think he lacks the patience to play at first-class level. One thing is this has definitely made my mind up as to where I want shakib to bat in tests. Riyad should bat higher than shak at #5 or #6 depending on how many batsman we use. I think it would suit shakibs batting for him to come lower in the order and bat with the tailenders. We need him to focus more on his bowling at test level.

shakibrulz
September 21, 2010, 10:05 AM

5 hundreds and 19 50s for a 23 year old sounds tailenderish to you? Can't help but just laughing at that argument. He aint no Sehwag, but he aint no tailender either, got it? And many of this 50s/100s came under pressure. So please check the facts before clicking the submit button. :doh:

We were talking about horrendous technique and now you started dragging in the names of Lara & Tendu for god knows what? LOL :-D

shakibrulz
September 21, 2010, 10:08 AM
I think he lacks the patience to play at first-class level. One thing is this has definitely made my mind up as to where I want shakib to bat in tests. Riyad should bat higher than shak at #5 or #6 depending on how many batsman we use. I think it would suit shakibs batting for him to come lower in the order and bat with the tailenders. We need him to focus more on his bowling at test level.

Agree, pushing Riyad up in Tests is a good idea.

Tiger444
September 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
5 hundreds and 19 50s for a 23 year old sounds tailenderish to you? Can't help but just laughing at that argument. He aint no Sehwag, but he aint no tailender either, got it? And many of this 50s/100s came under pressure. So please check the facts before clicking the submit button. :doh:

We were talking about horrendous technique and now you started dragging in the names of Lara & Tendu for god knows what? LOL :-D

Agreed..Shakib by no means is a tailender..Shakibs probably our 2nd best batsman currently or even 2nd best batsman ever arguably..he's a very good batsman once he gets going..and the video of him against Pakistan shows how talented he really is..and Pakistan's bowling attack as we all know is very strong and considering what kind of situation we were in he did a great job..also scoring a half century against every test playing nation except Australia and NZ is a great feat..also we can't forget him in tests..1 century and 5 half centuries at an avg of a 31 is decent as well..that being said though Shakib right now is in a bad funk right now..like I said put him down at #7 and push Mushy and Mahmudullah up and if Shakib does better there then thats great..it means our problems at finisher would be resolved..

betaar
September 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
The downfall of Shakib’s batting performance is the lack of technically correct/safe scoring shots he has in his armory. To offset that lacking he plays those aggressive slog sweeps that work in slow low BD pitches but not in bouncy pitches elsewhere.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Also, if we are observant enough to know some of his weaknesses, think about the knowledge good sides/ bowlers have. Due to his class and the lack there of in our whole team, opponents must have a lot of time to focus on his batting weaknesses and utilize that to their advantage…..end result, another Shakib failure. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
So to conquer his problems, Shakib should either perfect his technique or stop playing them all together and start playing proper shots. To bring about these changes in him, he must show the character and temperament needed.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It must also be said that his workload as a captain and due to lack of wicket taking BD bowlers, must wear him out as it is humanly impossible to excel in both departments at all times concurrently. <o:p></o:p>

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 12:52 AM
Agreed..Shakib by no means is a tailender..Shakibs probably our 2nd best batsman currently or even 2nd best batsman ever arguably..he's a very good batsman once he gets going..and the video of him against Pakistan shows how talented he really is..and Pakistan's bowling attack as we all know is very strong and considering what kind of situation we were in he did a great job..also scoring a half century against every test playing nation except Australia and NZ is a great feat..also we can't forget him in tests..1 century and 5 half centuries at an avg of a 31 is decent as well..that being said though Shakib right now is in a bad funk right now..like I said put him down at #7 and push Mushy and Mahmudullah up and if Shakib does better there then thats great..it means our problems at finisher would be resolved..

I'd say he's a guy of the Umar Akmal mould. Infact he looks better when he's in form. But his brain farts while batting is so annoying. Just needs to settle in and play his shots.

And I agree about pushing Riyad up. If he has to be in the team he should come early coz he can't play agressively and takes his time to settle in. So him coming below Shaks is gonna do more harm than good.

Alchemist
September 22, 2010, 12:56 AM
Hey Shakibrulz, were you AK420 before?

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 01:09 AM

Erm, nope.

beshideshi
September 22, 2010, 01:22 AM
One thing about Shak's technique:
Yes, his technique is not orthodox and "critiques" like G. Boycott would never like him because of that ,but then again, neither is Sehwag's technique. I don't think the technique is a severely important issue with Shakib, he has decent enough technique to survive in international cricket. He has shown his ability in several games, few innings that come up in my mind are the 100 against Pakistan[from 12-4 or something], the match winning 90odd in the tri series and the 96 against England in the 2nd test. If his technique wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have played such innings.

It's his mindset that needs to be tweaked a bit, being the strike bowler of the team, I think he might be considering his job done after a 4fer or a 5fer. But the truth is, Bangladesh needs the batsman Shakib as well, putting him at #7 would just be a temporary solution and will not really help Shakib, it would just turn Shakib into a slogger. I think he must stay at #5 and learn about his responsibilities, control his horrendous brain farts and he will be fine. If Shakib wants to be considered as one of the better batsmen in the team, he has to take responsibility and face the challenges head on. Batting at #7 won't solve much in my opinion.

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 02:27 AM
Yes, his technique is not orthodox and "critiques" like G. Boycott would never like him because of that ,but then again, neither is Sehwag's technique. I don't think the technique is a severely important issue with Shakib, he has decent enough technique to survive in international cricket. He has shown his ability in several games, few innings that come up in my mind are the 100 against Pakistan[from 12-4 or something], the match winning 90odd in the tri series and the 96 against England in the 2nd test. If his technique wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have played such innings.

It's his mindset that needs to be tweaked a bit, being the strike bowler of the team, I think he might be considering his job done after a 4fer or a 5fer. But the truth is, Bangladesh needs the batsman Shakib as well, putting him at #7 would just be a temporary solution and will not really help Shakib, it would just turn Shakib a slogger. I think he must stay at #5 and learn about his responsibilities, control his horrendous brain farts and he will be fine. If Shakib wants to be considered as one of the better batsmen in the team, he has to take responsibility and face the challenges head on. Batting at #7 won't solve much in my opinion.

Well said. Shakib has a lot better technique that Dhoni, Chanders, Katich etc who are ten times better than him with the bat. Just needs to work on his shot selection a bit and stay a while at the crease.

And you may have a point about his batting order. But my point is unrelated, if Riyad is playing, there's nothing he can do at #7. Imagine him playing in the death overs, no duh. /:) But still your point is fair, he's by far one of the better batsmen in the side, so sending him down at #7 may indeed turn him into a slogger.

Nadim
September 22, 2010, 03:28 AM
nothing is wrong with batting... Just hagai dore jokhon bat korte name tai taratari out hoye jay
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

riankhan
September 22, 2010, 05:36 AM

I was wondering......;)

lamisa
September 22, 2010, 07:44 AM

It's his mindset that needs to be tweaked a bit, being the strike bowler of the team, I think he might be considering his job done after a 4fer or a 5fer. But the truth is, Bangladesh needs the batsman Shakib as well, putting him at #7 would just be a temporary solution and will not really help Shakib, it would just turn Shakib a slogger. I think he must stay at #5 and learn about his responsibilities, control his horrendous brain farts and he will be fine. If Shakib wants to be considered as one of the better batsmen in the team, he has to take responsibility and face the challenges head on. Batting at #7 won't solve much in my opinion.

that's a good point u pointed out,never thought of it that way.i agree with u.

beshideshi
September 22, 2010, 07:46 AM
Well said. Shakib has a lot better technique that Dhoni, Chanders, Katich etc who are ten times better than him with the bat. Just needs to work on his shot selection a bit and stay a while at the crease.

And you may have a point about his batting order. But my point is unrelated, if Riyad is playing, there's nothing he can do at #7. Imagine him playing in the death overs, no duh. /:) But still your point is fair, he's by far one of the better batsmen in the side, so sending him down at #7 may indeed turn him into a slogger.

Yeah, I realize Riyad is not the ideal #7, he is more of a #5 than a #7. He can't utilize the powerplays and in my opinion is also wasted at #7. I think this is bound to happen when we have 4 openers in the team. We have to pick a batsman who is a #7 specialist, not take a #4,5 and force him to be a #7.
If I were the selector, i would wait till there is a spot at #4,5 to play Riyad, otherwise he might never fulfill his batting potentials. Its a problem with most sub continent team, the players dont really have a role, they just join the team because they did well in the domestic circuit and have promise. [S. Shuvo, Faisal Hossain, R. Jadeja etc]

PS: My post wasn't directed towards you, it was just my view on whether Shakib should bat at #7 or #5.

cricket_fanatic
October 14, 2010, 07:24 AM
Great to see shakib back to his run scoring self in this series! I wonder what triggered it - the county stint?

Aritro
October 14, 2010, 07:30 AM
He averaged 22 with the bat in County, although he did reasonably well in the List A stuff (averaging 30 odd from memory).

I think in any discipline or activity, once you spend a little while struggling with something you're unfamiliar with, going back to something you know well becomes even easier than usual.

After having spent a winter facing swing bowling in England, I think he took a lot of relish in batting on a predictable feather bed at home.

He's also a far better player when he's the number one man in the team, I have no doubt about that. Tamim's absence has brought the best out of him.

WorcMember
October 14, 2010, 07:39 AM
Great to see shakib back to his run scoring self in this series! I wonder what triggered it - the county stint?

Yes, Worcester taught him quite a few things.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, Worcester taught him quite a few things.
Haha, but his bowling got a lil worse though :D (j/k)

I remember how Zaheer Khan made an amazing after his stint with Worcs, and its good to see Shakib to regain his batting form in the same fashion.

I'm confident that he'll do a lot better with the bat, it takes time to get used to the English conditions for any subcontinent batsmen, let alone Shakib.

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
what's wrong with shakib's batting?-absolutely nothing whatsoever!

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:09 PM
what's wrong with shakib's batting?-absolutely nothing whatsoever!
ami thik ei kotha tai lekhte ashsilam
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Fazal
October 15, 2010, 05:58 PM
Whats wrong with Sakib's bowling?

Habib
October 15, 2010, 06:01 PM
There's something wrong with Shakib's fitness though.

billah
October 15, 2010, 06:12 PM
There's something wrong with Shakib's fitness though.

A very important point. It has more to do with having a pro-active manager that can anticipate electrolyte deficiency and take preventive measures. Use the small breaks efficiently and use methods to quickly reduce the body temp of the player. I believe Shakib suffered only because the Physio wasn't proactive enough to prevent his fatigue.

aniksh1
October 16, 2010, 11:15 AM
best batsman, best bowler...ektu edik odik dekhte den bhai

Fazal
October 16, 2010, 02:43 PM
No gf yet?

Whats wrong with Sakib?

aklemalp
October 16, 2010, 02:49 PM
shakib man of the series

simon
October 16, 2010, 06:21 PM
Sak got back his mojo.

shakibrulz
June 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
More poor batting, what's wrong with him?! He needs rest.

Night_wolf
June 17, 2011, 03:04 PM
he needs tomorrow's FC match to settle down...some time in the pitch will help him to settle down...t20 fever is getting to his head..he is trying to hit every ball for 6

WarWolf
June 17, 2011, 03:05 PM
More poor batting, what's wrong with him?! He needs rest.
He needs rest badly.

cricadda
June 17, 2011, 03:08 PM
hireeeeeeeeeeeee ipl........shovi khaile [ash, mash, now shakib...batting side only].

simon
June 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
well actually one thing that can get his batting form back is if he starts playing other formats than T20S.

dolcevita
June 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
He has played too much T20...plays too many shoot

hoodlum
June 17, 2011, 05:16 PM
Two reasons for shak not scoring runs:

1. Continuously playing cricket
2. Concentrating more on his bowling

Its clearly understandable that he is out of form with the bat.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

amar11432
June 17, 2011, 05:25 PM
hireeeeeeeeeeeee ipl........shovi khaile [ash, mash, now shakib...batting side only].

Wat r u talking abt Shakibs batting has been crap from WC

Naimul_Hd
June 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
He needs to talk with his BF (best friend) Tamim regarding batting failure.

Banglaguy
June 18, 2011, 04:45 AM
Two reasons for shak not scoring runs:

1. Continuously playing cricket
2. Concentrating more on his bowling

Its clearly understandable that he is out of form with the bat.

but he said in an interview that he mainly practices batting in training. . .

zainab
June 18, 2011, 06:09 AM
Sakib suffers from impatience with the bat. maybe, he is concentrating more on his bowling, but when he is batting and gets going, he is a a lovely guy to watch. His mindset has to change and I'm quite sure that he is aware of that. I still have that quick century he made against New Zealand.

MohammedC
June 18, 2011, 06:14 AM
Shakib should spend as much time as he can in current match against hampshire.

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
...t20 fever is getting to his head..he is trying to hit every ball for 6
So T20 does affect negatively. :)

Banglaguy
June 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
So T20 does affect negatively. :)

It's an extreme of two sides. On one hand, it can vastly increase a players shot range, and help in his selection of shots. It also might help in Tests, when at times, quick runs are needed. On the other hand, it promotes slogging somewhat, and reduces the amount of along the ground shots played.

lamisa
June 18, 2011, 08:40 AM
this guy needs to spend more time in the nets batting

Isnaad
June 18, 2011, 09:07 AM
Shakib er proti amaar ektai upodesh- Bhaijaan homework ta thik moto koren..!

fuzzy
June 18, 2011, 09:29 AM
i wonder wat is goin on?

deshimon
June 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
Nothing is going on actually. He needs just one big innings and then everything will be ok.

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
It's an extreme of two sides. On one hand, it can vastly increase a players shot range, and help in his selection of shots. It also might help in Tests, when at times, quick runs are needed. On the other hand, it promotes slogging somewhat, and reduces the amount of along the ground shots played.
So you meant to tell me that players just can switch off and switch on from one format to other?

Does T20 negatively affect test cricket?

Instead of a detail explanation, a simple Yes or No would surfice. :)

Equinox
June 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
^Eoin Morgan, after playing T20 cricket for a month in India, scored 193 v Sri Lanka in England. So yes good players should be able to switch between formats.

Banglaguy
June 18, 2011, 04:56 PM
Top class players should be able to switch..

deshimon
June 18, 2011, 06:37 PM
T20 is positive for a few players but most of the time it affect test negatively.

AhmedN
June 18, 2011, 10:08 PM
when he bowls first, he gets preoccupied mostly with his wicket taking.

then he falls shorts in batting, may be because of lack of concentration, too much hyper, 'I don't care' attitude etc.

hassan .r
June 18, 2011, 10:31 PM
well there is nothing wrong with Shakib Bhai "s batting it is just that he needs to be more consistent ........... and plus he is ,a,useful bowler :):):)

al-Sagar
June 19, 2011, 02:29 AM
shakib er batting ta ajke thik hoye jabe mone hocche .......

Rabz
June 19, 2011, 04:30 AM
^^ Bhai, amaro tai mone hochche.
Dekha jak ki hoy.
Allah bhorosha.

Banglaguy
June 19, 2011, 04:53 AM
I'm gonna be pessimistic, and don't expect him to go past 50 for some reason... Amar mone hochche balo batting oito nai.

simon
June 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
well actually one thing that can get his batting form back is if he starts playing other formats than T20S.

bolchilam na.;)

Avik
June 19, 2011, 10:54 AM
will get well soon..

hoodlum
June 19, 2011, 11:00 AM
Finally some runs for Al hasan

hoodlum
June 19, 2011, 11:01 AM
Should have carried from there

deshimon
June 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hope he'll do betterin bowling too.

rinathq
June 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
I think Shakib should take this aggressive style permanently. He is not the best test batsman but he can certainly do well by taking advantage of the aggressive field. If both Shak and Tam plays their agressive knock, they will be more comfortable and more dominant. We have Imrul, Mushy, Mahmudullah who can play typical test innings.

shakibrulz
June 19, 2011, 12:40 PM
He's better off when he rotates strike and plays aggressively, yes. When he starts to defend, we know that he's not going to score runs.

Anyways in context of the game, very valuable runs, and he got them quick too, which helped the declaration. Go Shak!

dolcevita
June 19, 2011, 01:01 PM
He's better off when he rotates strike and plays aggressively, yes. When he starts to defend, we know that he's not going to score runs.

Anyways in context of the game, very valuable runs, and he got them quick too, which helped the declaration. Go Shak!

He can plays agressivly , if there is no top order collapse

rinathq
June 19, 2011, 01:05 PM
He can plays agressivly , if there is no top order collapse

Even if there is a collapse......... I dunt remember Shakib stopping collapse in test match.
The point is he is not the person of good technical test batting. Even under collapse, some quick runs maybe a 50 can revive team spirit and get their runs rolling.

Banglaguy
June 19, 2011, 03:04 PM
He has always been know to play Test's the way he would play a ODI after a good foundation is built.

deshimon
June 19, 2011, 03:05 PM
Shakib's bat finally talks
Sports Reporter

Shakib Al Hasan cracked a half-century after nine innings yesterday.

The national captain hammered a quickfire 54 in Worcestershire's first innings against Hampshire in the County Champion-ship match at the New Road ground.

The last time the left-hander went past the 50-mark was against Australia back on April 9 in home conditions. His IPL stint yielded only 27 runs from three innings while during the Friends Life t20s, Shakib's highest score was 16, though both in the IPL and in England, his bowling form never wavered.

Playing in his first longer-version game in over a year, Shakib hammered nine boundaries in his 63-ball knock. He fell to Dominic Cork after adding 109 for the fifth wicket with centurion Vikram Solanki, who struck 173.

Worcestershire declared their first innings on 403 for eight to which Hampshire replied and were 112 for three from 32 overs.

www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190730

Banglaguy
June 19, 2011, 03:10 PM
. His IPL stint yielded only 27 runs from three innings while during the Friends Life t20s, Shakib's highest score was 16, though both in the IPL and in England, his bowling form never wavered.

Looks like they got this stat wrong. It was 29 runs, at and average of 14.50.
His bowling has been good this year, after that poor show of bowling in the Australia series.

_Rafi_
June 19, 2011, 03:48 PM
Seems like these t20 matches(ipl+uk) covered a large part of Shakib's bad patches with bat. Now he starts regaining his form and I am sensing some serious stuff from him against Zim, Nz, Pak, Aus or whoever playing against us in coming days. And then again he will lose his form in IPL season and starts regaining in county. I hope this cycle will continue for his whole career.

Banglaguy
June 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
Seems like these t20 matches(ipl+uk) covered a large part of Shakib's bad patches with bat. Now he starts regaining his form and I am sensing some serious stuff from him against Zim, Nz, Pak, Aus or whoever playing against us in coming days. And then again he will lose his form in IPL season and starts regaining in county. I hope this cycle will continue for his whole career.

Inshallah he gets a mountain full of runs against Zimbabwe in both ODI's + Tests on those flat, run filled wickets.

lamisa
June 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
^^ don't care much about sim, i want him to do well against WI

Banglaguy
June 21, 2011, 07:51 AM
^^ don't care much about sim, i want him to do well against WI

I do, I want Shakib to get his strike rate along with Tamim above 80.