PDA

View Full Version : Nasir Hossain - can we afford to overlook him any more?

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
Nasir Hossain!
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/300618.html
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/198/198102/198102.html

Profile:
Nasir Hossain, a right-hand batsman who bowls offspin, began playing cricket in 2000 was included in Bangladesh's squad for the Under-19 World Cup in 2008 at the age of 16. Hossain hasn't played first-class cricket yet but he performed impressively in an U-19 Triangular tournament in January 2008, scoring 61 against Indians.

He has been considered as one of the brightest talents of Bangladesh cricket for the last few years.
he first came into prominence as a u19 player and, ever since, did nothing wrong to let his followers down.

His stats say a lot of him:

Impressive avg in batting in all forms: for u-19 ODIs (592 @ 24.66) in FC matches (850 @ 31.48), in other ODIs (306 @ 38.25) in DPL (564 @ 26.86)

Impressive avg in bowling too: u-19 ODIs (29wkts @ 20/27) in FC matches (23wk @26.34), in other ODIs (15 wk @ 16.20) in DPL (31 @ 24.30)

apart from that he has excellent economy rate too!

Beyond Stats:
But stats don't tell everything all the time. Biggest testimony of a local player's skill & temperament is our DPL and he has excelled in that role for Abahani for the last 2 seasons. More than once, he brought them out of jail with the bat and the ball. There is no reason why he can't do that in coming years too.

High point:
1) SAF Games cricket was a nice evidence of his abilities. He was the main pillar of our historic success in the 1st ever edition of cricket in SAF Games. He held the batting together when his colleagues collapsed around him and went onto attack when time was just.
He opened the bowling in all important Pak & Sri Lanka matches including final, bowled miserly, got wickets regularly (Lankan sensation Chandimaal succumbed to him on both occassions) and fielded brilliantly.

There was no official award. But he, surely, was the Man of the Tournament.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2009-10_BDESH_South_Asian_Games_2009-10.html

In May 2010, his tremendous efforts agt S. Africa Academy team, he showed what we've been missing & what he can do! batted at no. 7 & bowled 1st change in the series.
and how well he fared?

1st ODI - 52 off 35 (4x4, 3x6), 5-0-23-1
2nd ODI - 82 off 95 (9x4, 1x6), 10-0-36-2 (Ban were tottering at 5/20. he & Shuvagoto lifted them to 163. Hom scored 84 off 69balls (7x4, 3x6)
3rd ODI - 38 off 22 (7x4), 8.3-0-44-3

1st t20 - 34 off 34 (1x6), 4-0-32-3
2nd t20 - 23 off 13 (3x4, 1x6), 3-0-21-2

reyme
September 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Yes, we can overlook him for now for the national team. He must prove first through A team. He has a great future no doubt, but must get some international exposure and experience first through academy or A team.

auntu
September 17, 2010, 01:06 PM
We have currently two right handed batsmen who can bowl off spin too. Riyad and Naeem. Nasir has to do extraordinary good performance regularly to have a position in the national side.

Rizvi
September 17, 2010, 01:14 PM
Yes...Let's overlook

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
In May 2010, his tremendous efforts agt S. Africa Academy team, he showed what we've been missing & what he can do! batted at no. 7 & bowled 1st change in the series.
and how well he fared?

2nd ODI - 82 off 95 (9x4, 1x6), 10-0-36-2 (Ban were tottering at 5/20. he & Shuvagoto lifted them to 163. Hom scored 84 off 69balls (7x4, 3x6)

What else we are looking for?

mishu
September 17, 2010, 01:18 PM
Current age 18 years 291 days,,, he is not running away,,, let him develop but we have to keep these kind of players close to national team, so they get the coaching and facilities they need to improve,,,

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 01:24 PM
We have currently two right handed batsmen who can bowl off spin too. Riyad and Naeem. Nasir has to do extraordinary good performance regularly to have a position in the national side.

That's where Nasir can benefit us bigtime:

Riyad can't be aggressive. he can't slog. he is just another old-fashioned ODI batsman - sort of obsolete now-a-days
and his bowling is noway near average.

Naeem could've been a good slogger... but he fails too often. and bowling wise...he is just a shame of an all-rounder.

Nasir can be handy in both role... good slogger when needed, good, sensible batting in the middle and economic, effective bowling.

he can be an Asset to this no-pungshok bangladesh batting line up with riyad, rokibul, imrul

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 01:25 PM
not for nothing he was drafted in the bangladesh team when mashrafe left the team agt england

shakibrulz
September 17, 2010, 01:33 PM
There are many better candidates ahead of him like Shuvogoto Hom, so no. Let him play more A tours and prove himself.

roman
September 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
Too early...Atleast not before world cup

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 01:49 PM
There are many better candidates ahead of him like Shuvogoto Hom, so no. Let him play more A tours and prove himself.

shuvagoto doesn't bowl.
i am considering Nasir as a possible no.7 batsman & 5th bowler.
remember shakib? he changed the balance of this side.
nasir can add more balance to this side.
currently, we don't have any right arm offspinner whom we can trust for 10 overs in an ODI. he can provide the much needed variation to this side.
at least, we won't be kept waiting for acceleration till mashrafe comes down the order once tamim is out.
can't trust shakib anymore until he shuns his 'self-destructing' dil-scoop!

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 01:51 PM

just show me one better candidate who can simultaneously bat & bowl better than Nasir.

bujhee kom
September 17, 2010, 01:56 PM
Nasir Hossain and Noor Hasan I am very eagerly looking forward to see play!

Rabz
September 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
Plenty of time left for him.
No need to bring a fresh new face to the squad prior to the world cup.
He is fine where he is at the moment.

nakibahmed
September 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
way too early to play him,bangladesh have quite a lot of capable batsmen right now to fill up the slots,i say nurture and breed him till the time comes,maybe after the WC!

Nadim
September 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
he needs to perform consistantly to get in the team...currently both riyad and nayeem r better batsman than nasir but im 100 percent sure hes better bowler than both.

But dont forget about Mahmudul Hassan. he is very similar player as Nasir but i would rate Mahmud hassan is the best offie in the country we have so i wont be surprise if Hassan gets the nat call be4 Nasir.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

nakibahmed
September 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
But dont forget about Mahmudul Hassan. he is very similar player as Nasir but i would rate Mahmud hassan is the best offie in the country we have so i wont be surprise if Hassan gets the nat call be4 Nasir.

ABSOLUTELY!...Mahmudul Hasan was too good during the Eng U-19 series!

Habib
September 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
way too early to play him,bangladesh have quite a lot of capable batsmen right now to fill up the slots,i say nurture and breed him till the time comes,maybe after the WC!

Well I like the suggestion. Let's breed Tamim & Shakib too.

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 02:39 PM
he needs to perform consistantly to get in the team...currently both riyad and nayeem r better batsman than nasir but im 100 percent sure hes better bowler than both.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

riyad's experience meant nothing agt the dutch! in the wc, they'll be coming harder at us with ryan ten doeshche & kervezee & some other foreign imports

riyad is noway the ideal choice for no.7/8 position. his inability at the death with the bat & the ball has been exposed a little too often.

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 02:42 PM
Well I like the suggestion. Let's breed Tamim & Shakib too.
:D like dat

_Rafi_
September 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
NCL starting from 29th of the month. If he can perform EXCEPTIONALLY there, then he could be called against Zimbabwe and would be our suprise package in WorldCup. Just like Tamim and Shakib in last WC. But I prefer him to give more time.

WarWolf
September 17, 2010, 03:18 PM
Let's wait another 3 years atleast.

MohammedC
September 17, 2010, 03:29 PM
I want Nasir Hossain the batsmen not part time off spinner who can bat or vice versa.

1 centruy and 4 fifties not good enough. Must score more centuries. He is still young must wait till he is atleast 23

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 03:42 PM
NCL starting from 29th of the month. If he can perform EXCEPTIONALLY there, then he could be called against Zimbabwe and would be our suprise package in WorldCup. Just like Tamim and Shakib in last WC. But I prefer him to give more time.

like the following parts:
suprise package
Just like Tamim and Shakib in last WC...

may be i am over optimistic...
but i hv always considered him as a special talent.
like to call him shakib's right handed version!
time will say

jisaan
September 17, 2010, 03:44 PM
I want Nasir Hossain the batsmen not part time off spinner who can bat or vice versa.

1 centruy and 4 fifties not good enough. Must score more centuries. He is still young must wait till he is atleast 23

he is a genuine all-rounder for limited over matches.

MohammedC
September 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
he is a genuine all-rounder for limited over matches.

I saw Nassir bat during Saf games on poor ATN broadcasting. I liked his batting played according to the match situation . But as a bowler I am not convinced.

Nadim
September 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
btw Jissan bhai, u opened a similar kinda thread for jahurul after his performance in the domestic league earlier this yr and soon he got picked coz of dramaqueen rok so u opened this for nasir now.. so the question is who will retire now?? it gotto be riyad or nayeem? huh!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Sovik
September 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
its too early to say.

al-Sagar
September 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
jisaan bhai .... dont worry .....

i hope one day when mahmudul hasan and nasir hossain will enter the national team people will forget there was players named mahmudullah riyad and naeem islam.

shabbir
September 17, 2010, 09:37 PM
I have seen him play in last DPL,no doubt in my mind his off spin is 100% better than Riad and Nayeem but not sure he is better batsman than Riad and Nayeem.International game is different ball game all together.He can be brought into team after WC.Definitely future talent to invest in.

revolver
September 18, 2010, 03:43 AM
good player but bcb should not select him now

revolver
September 18, 2010, 03:43 AM
good player but bcb should not select him now other wise he will be another talha

lamisa
September 18, 2010, 08:11 AM
it's too early for him to be in the team.he should play for the A team first.and the limon guy is very good too,maybe he could be the captain of bd in like 2021 or something!

jisaan
September 18, 2010, 08:32 AM
Mahmudullah is an accumulator. He can't accelerate. it's been proved time & again & again & again
i repeat - he's no way an ideal batsman at no.7. he can only come handy when we are 5/20 type situation & left fighting for honor nothingelse

Habib
September 18, 2010, 09:04 AM
One major problem with Nasir is that his fitness is very poor. He looks seriously underdeveloped. BCB should look into the fitness problem many young BD players like Nasir have otherwise they'll be frequently injured or won't have the stamina to play a very long inning.

yaseer
September 18, 2010, 09:16 AM
Too early at the moment, need to have some more domestic season. Jahurul is the example that our domestic circuit can also deliver matured players. I want him to perform at least two more domestic season before being considered, unless anything extraordinary in "A" teams.

Eshen
September 18, 2010, 09:20 AM
I don't see a short guy like him being effective in international cricket as a bowler (yes, spinners need height also). He can be, at best, used as a part timer.

Nasir has to develop more as a batsman.

Tiger444
September 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
good thread jisaan..but let him play more cricket before he gets considered..only 17 FC matches so far which is not bad for his age but he should not be in any rush..he's also just gone through academy and not A team cricket..let him play some A team tours so he has a better feel for the game and then he can be in the talks..also he should have 5-6 centuries..I think thats always important..

MarufH
September 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
too young. Give him another 3-5 yrs.

Akib
September 18, 2010, 10:59 AM
For his sake I hope we overlook him.

Plus 17 first class matches... That is nothing. He needs more experience and grooming.

ashraful1
September 18, 2010, 05:24 PM
Am I the only one who likes riyad, and I agree who should cm at the top of the order like at number 4, or even just let him play test. On nasir give him couple of years, but one for the future we got a few people cming trough.

Tiger444
September 18, 2010, 05:37 PM
Am I the only one who likes riyad, and I agree who should cm at the top of the order like at number 4, or even just let him play test. On nasir give him couple of years, but one for the future we got a few people cming trough.

I'm a Riyad fan..the guy is a very good batsman who knows his limitations..his averages and SR is also decent compared to other BD batsmen..having said that though he might not be best player for the #7 role in ODIs..like a lot of people say he's more of an accumulator then a big hitter..he needs some time on the crease before he can play his shots..before our top order was very unstable which is the reason why Riyad was very important to our lineup but now thanks to Tamim/Imrul/Zunaed/Rocky/Jahurul we have a solid and consistent top order..so now we can get to 40 overs with the loss of 2/3 wickets and that's when we need a guy to hit a 10 ball 20 or a 20 ball 30..Naeem is more capable of playing quickfire innings compared to Riyad so it might not be a bad idea having Naeem in there..for tests though Riyad is the ideal batsman for #7..he's really proved himself in tests..and he's always been more of a 5/6 batsman for the most part so making him a 3/4 batsman is not a great idea..maybe pushing him up to #5 and pushing Shakib down to #7 is a good idea so that Shakib can play quickfire innings rather then worrying about building..

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 01:45 AM
just show me one better candidate who can simultaneously bat & bowl better than Nasir.

Riyad, Nayeem were equally promising when they came in, But academy teams and int cricket against national teams are completely different. Nayeem & Riyad, both are strugling and learning. Do we need another to come and learn? We only need players who are ready for this level or are extra ordinary. He is nothing extra ordinary.

jisaan
September 19, 2010, 01:46 AM
I'm a Riyad fan..the guy is a very good batsman who knows his limitations..his averages and SR is also decent compared to other BD batsmen..having said that though he might not be best player for the #7 role in ODIs..like a lot of people say he's more of an accumulator then a big hitter..he needs some time on the crease before he can play his shots..before our top order was very unstable which is the reason why Riyad was very important to our lineup but now thanks to Tamim/Imrul/Zunaed/Rocky/Jahurul we have a solid and consistent top order..so now we can get to 40 overs with the loss of 2/3 wickets and that's when we need a guy to hit a 10 ball 20 or a 20 ball 30..Naeem is more capable of playing quickfire innings compared to Riyad so it might not be a bad idea having Naeem in there..for tests though Riyad is the ideal batsman for #7..he's really proved himself in tests..and he's always been more of a 5/6 batsman for the most part so making him a 3/4 batsman is not a great idea..maybe pushing him up to #5 and pushing Shakib down to #7 is a good idea so that Shakib can play quickfire innings rather then worrying about building..

I am also a riyad-fan. He is a very important member of our Test team. He, coming at no. 7 and becoming highly successfull has been a bright spot in our cricket in the last few month.
but i can't support his role in the ODIs. his inablility to accelerate is painful and a torture to the eyes. he cost us one game agt Pakistan in Pakistan early in his career and could not revive us in our last game either.

i like your suggestions. May be, his promotion would yeild good results for us. at the same time, shakib can go down the order at no. 7.

I wanted Nasir or someone like him (there's no one as experienced and effective atm) to be the 5th Bowler too.

Barrring that one 'utterly shocking' match-winning bowling in the W.Indies, riyad's bowling has been a major disappointment. So is Nayeem.

We are gonna suffer badly, if we fail to find a capable 5th bolwer before the world cup.

jisaan
September 19, 2010, 01:58 AM
Riyad, Nayeem were equally promising when they came in, But academy teams and int cricket against national teams are completely different. Nayeem & Riyad, both are strugling and learning. Do we need another to come and learn? We only need players who are ready for this level or are extra ordinary. He is nothing extra ordinary.

let me quote from my own writings:

hope this is not ordinary. Since he is the only one who could do the following -
bat agressively and consistently
bowl economically and effectively

mind you, the South Africans are no easy opponents.
and his heroics in the Saf Games cricket was not ordinary either. He played and came out winners agt players who have represented Sri Lanka & Pakistan.
That is no Ordinary achievement. There are certain signs of extra-oridinary.

But the bottom line is -
probably he won't mind to wait another couple of years but we just can't. we don't have a 'proper' 5th bowler whom we can trust for 10 overs. We don't have a finisher who can go berserk in the closing overs.
(current season is going to be his acid-test though)
this world cup is going to be a great challenge for us.

We just can't afford to lose another match against the minnows and inspire the supporters to set fire on our stadiums/bcb office!E-)

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 02:26 AM
let me quote from my own writings:

hope this is not ordinary. Since he is the only one who could do the following -
bat agressively and consistently
bowl economically and effectively

You know, this performance against academy will logically be 25% down against the Test playing teams. (Minimum) Then see, how the stats look. isn't it even worse than Riyad/Nayeem? Except the first ODi, the strike rate is also very poor. Strike rate in bowling isn't that great either. Teams were at per. Why do you like to pick a player for national team with that state?

I know S.African's aren't easy and their national team is much more difficult. Nayeem or Riyad would perform the same or better against the same SA academy sides if they were there. This guy will be even worse than Nayeem / Riyad if he is brought into National side now. I really don't see him making into the national team anytime in future. To me he is just an average cricketer.

jisaan
September 19, 2010, 03:04 AM
You know, this performance against academy will logically be 25% down against the Test playing teams. (Minimum) Then see, how the stats look. isn't it even worse than Riyad/Nayeem? Except the first ODi, the strike rate is also very poor. Strike rate in bowling isn't that great either. Teams were at per. Why do you like to pick a player for national team with that state?

I know S.African's aren't easy and their national team is much more difficult. Nayeem or Riyad would perform the same or better against the same SA academy sides if they were there. This guy will be even worse than Nayeem / Riyad if he is brought into National side now. I really don't see him making into the national team anytime in future. To me he is just an average cricketer.

hope we will meet again in this thread!:)

BANFAN
September 19, 2010, 06:49 AM
hope we will meet again in this thread!:)

I will be very happy if he can make dramatic improvement and gets into National team . ... :)

Tiger444
September 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
I am also a riyad-fan. He is a very important member of our Test team. He, coming at no. 7 and becoming highly successfull has been a bright spot in our cricket in the last few month.
but i can't support his role in the ODIs. his inablility to accelerate is painful and a torture to the eyes. he cost us one game agt Pakistan in Pakistan early in his career and could not revive us in our last game either.

i like your suggestions. May be, his promotion would yeild good results for us. at the same time, shakib can go down the order at no. 7.

I wanted Nasir or someone like him (there's no one as experienced and effective atm) to be the 5th Bowler too.

Barrring that one 'utterly shocking' match-winning bowling in the W.Indies, riyad's bowling has been a major disappointment. So is Nayeem.

We are gonna suffer badly, if we fail to find a capable 5th bolwer before the world cup.

When I count we have 5 bowlers on the team that are pretty much cemented..Razzak is obviously the weak link of our bowling but I really don't see anybody taking his place..Naeem honestly has not been a bad bowler at all..he's actually 1 of our best bowlers against test playing nations..

Rifat
September 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
very good thread jisaan!

even though i rate him very highly after Shakib, i would say, like the majority of the members, need more exposure to the A team, quality opposition.

let him establish himself as a Nationally recognized batsmen. I would not be in a hurry to ruin his promising career!

we have too many allrounders! need quality allrounders! part time allrounders are only good for breaking partnerships!

Ajfar
September 23, 2010, 05:19 PM
I will say this, we need to stop with this jora tali marka all rounder in the national team, and get some born and raised all rounder in the team. Nayeem and Riyad are no way anywhere close to being an allrounder. At best they are part time bowlers. This is why we take so much beating in the shorter versions of the game. We rely on part timers to get us through middle overs, so teams can easily score at 5-6 runs an over without losing wickets. Having said that I think it way too late to bring in new face into the team just a few months before the World Cup. I say guys like Nasir, Hom should keep doing what they are doing, keep up the good work. Domestic Season is coming up, so continue perform consistently. They will get their chance in due time.

lamisa
September 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
^^exactly!right now the national team is way too crowded.these guys are still quite young.they should keep performing in domestic level,then academy team,then A team and then finally they may break into the national team

Haradhon
September 24, 2010, 01:27 PM
LoL, I thought this thread is about hiring former Eng Captain Nasser Hussain to coach Bangladesh....;-)

lamisa
September 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
^^^hehehehe

max410
September 25, 2010, 10:44 AM
its good to see young talents coming up as long they dont get wasted and carried away

jisaan
September 25, 2010, 12:22 PM
LoL, I thought this thread is about hiring former Eng Captain Nasser Hussain to coach Bangladesh....;-)
:floor::floor::floor:
hope u don't mean it

jisaan
September 25, 2010, 12:28 PM
very good thread jisaan!

even though i rate him very highly after Shakib, i would say, like the majority of the members, need more exposure to the A team, quality opposition.

let him establish himself as a Nationally recognized batsmen. I would not be in a hurry to ruin his promising career!

we have too many allrounders! need quality allrounders! part time allrounders are only good for breaking partnerships!

barring Shakib, all other all-rounders are just those bit-n-pieces ones!
i want him out of desperation... trust me!!!

we jst don't have a 5th bowler. riyad & nayeem have failed too miserably to count them as a bowler
the same could be said for their batting - their failure to accelerate has cost us a few games. we certainly don't want that to happen that in the world cup

giving 1/2 more seasons to Nasir would be good... but

the world cup is going to be a great opportunity for us to salvage some pride.

off late, we've been getting bashed by all & sundry.... not good for a cricket crazy nation

jisaan
October 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
Batting at No.6
:50: off 38 balls
hitting couple of :six:s &
four :four:s

Bowling at 1st Change
got rid of Dangerous Mithun Ali and
completed his quota conceding just 2.0 rpo agt a formidable khulna outfit

10-1-20-1 is the most economical analysis of the 1st round (alongwith Monir of Barisal)

He is surely on track!

Sohel
October 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
Being a far better batsman and infinitely superior fielder, "THAT catch" was a huge exception to the rule, I think he'll be far better than Nostrilamous Rex once that Hudmah inevitably fails soon. With Hujur 2.0 bowling better than ever but failing to hold his bat properly, an offie with genuine potential with better batting ability can be the answer.

jisaan
October 24, 2010, 03:58 AM
With his miserly bowling, he comfortably excelled over his more illustrious team-mates
Shuvo - 4.38 rpo
Naeem - 4.00
Saqlain - 4.71

while his opposition team spinners were even worse:

Abdul Razzak - 4.70 rpo

jisaan
October 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
True that Sabbir scored a run-a-ball 112 (this guy is another Huge Asset for us. some ppl even believe him to be the surprise package of WC '10))

& Jahurul scored a blistering 50!

But Nasir's SR is the best of all - a staggering 129.27!!!

Let's have a look at SR of other batsmen scoring 50 in the 1st round:
Mahmudullah - 53.61
Alok Kapali - 71.95
Raqibul Hasan - 75.00
Sabbir Rahman - 100.00
Jahurul Islam - 121.95

More importantly, he batted in the BPP and how well he capitalized on that!!!

al Furqaan
October 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
Being a far better batsman and infinitely superior fielder, "THAT catch" was a huge exception to the rule, I think he'll be far better than Nostrilamous Rex once that Hudmah inevitably fails soon. With Hujur 2.0 bowling better than ever but failing to hold his bat properly, an offie with genuine potential with better batting ability can be the answer.

Rex has bowled quite well the past 8-12 ODIs against F9 teams...as a test match bowler he SUCKS, but his ODI bowling is back in shape since the england home series.

jisaan
October 24, 2010, 04:25 AM

Sohrawardy is a much better batsman. All he need is some confidence to back his aggression. He's going to be a completly different propostion with that combination.

Abdur Razzak has been bowling pretty well as far as i am concerned but, off late, his batting hasn't yielded anything substantial esp. in matches that matter.

Although Mahmudullah bowled very well agt the Kiwis, i am pretty pissed off with his ineffective batting at the death.

Equinox
October 24, 2010, 05:48 AM
Nasir and Shabbir seem like great prospects for the shorter formats. They should be brought into the team after the World Cup. I want Shubhagoto for the Zimbabwe series. Riyad, Shuvo and Naeem are suitable for Tests only. We must field separate teams after the World Cup. Looking forward to this ODI team after the World Cup:
Tamim Iqbal
Jahirul Islam
Shubhagoto Hom
Mushfiqur Rahim+ (vc)
Shakib Al Hasan (c)
Shabbir Rahman
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

Sohel
October 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
Sohrawardy is a much better batsman. All he need is some confidence to back his aggression. He's going to be a completly different propostion with that combination.

Abdur Razzak has been bowling pretty well as far as i am concerned but, off late, his batting hasn't yielded anything substantial esp. in matches that matter.

Although Mahmudullah bowled very well agt the Kiwis, i am pretty pissed off with his ineffective batting at the death.

I'm not at all convinced of MS Shubho's batting ability in international cricket against international bowlers. Luckily he has age on his side and can improve. His bowling on the other hand, has been excellent ever since he changed his run up and other things as reported. I have a lot of faith in him as a bowler.

Rex has bowled quite well the past 8-12 ODIs against F9 teams...as a test match bowler he SUCKS, but his ODI bowling is back in shape since the england home series.

Rex had a relatively decent game with some effective deliveries. Overall, his habitual legside deliveries, at least 1 or 2 per over is still there and not acceptable. Can't expect great fielding to bail you out every time. He also tends to fade after bowling 5 overs or so. The less said about his alleged batting or fielding, THAT catch notwithstanding for which I'm sure we'll be grateful until kingdom come, the better.

Riyad bowls well at provided bowlers before him created good, persistent pressure from both ends. Then he's capable of actually bowling significantly better and picking up wickets with good turning and bouncing deliveries and not just unforced batting error from tail enders. We've seen that during the fabled Caribbean tour. His batting is a matter of serious concern. Add Imroze and Nayeem's equally uncomfortable, sissyfied batting to that. We can't go into the World Cup with "what-ifs" because the national team should no longer be the place to get your form back.

Desh karo baba (authoba shamir) shompotti na eta mone rakha uchit. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DbPlo3pIBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DbPlo3pIBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WarWolf
October 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Good thread Jisaan but at least 2 years premature.

Let the kid grow in experience and confidence. International cricket is a tough place to be. Let him score a few centuries and play for A team, learn what does it feel to score big runs against quality opponents. Then we will bring him in the squad.

Both Tamim and Shakib played more first class and list A games while coming to the national side. On the other hand, we have destroyed a big number of players by bringing to international cricket too early. We don't want to do it with Nasir.

Eshen
October 24, 2010, 02:45 PM
I don't see anything wrong giving him a go in the Zimbabwe series. If he does not impress, we can go back to Riyad/Naeem.

The guy spent last three summers in the Academy, I don't remember any of the current players being groomed any better before being drafted in the national team.

BanCricFan
October 24, 2010, 03:16 PM
Nasir is streets ahead of jokers like Riyad and Naeem. These selfish gits mostly play for themselves regardless of match situations.

Dont want to jinx the young boy but Nasir is in the same league as Shakib and, perhaps, more mature. YES, he is more than ready for a full cap and should play against the ZIM. Riyad and Naeem should take the backseat and learn from this youngster.

Rifat
October 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
BanCricFan bhai,

I am not ready to give up hope on Riyad and Naeem(Asif bhai's son ;)).

although it goes without saying, if you don't perform, you don't belong!

Simple as that!

BanCricFan
October 24, 2010, 03:33 PM
Rifat,
Nasir is pure class and on a different league. Mullah and Naomi are just bits n bobs players. They need to vastly improve their skills and temperament before gracing the international arena.

godzilla
October 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
Before the worldcup, any new player should not be allowed in the team. The team of 07 is not going to be the same as 11. The difference of winning mentality is very diffeerent. So no new commer before the WC plz!!!

Eshen
October 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
^^ godzilla, what makes you think Nasir does not have the required winning mentality?!

Razi
October 25, 2010, 03:30 AM
Nasir and Shabbir seem like great prospects for the shorter formats. They should be brought into the team after the World Cup. I want Shubhagoto for the Zimbabwe series. Riyad, Shuvo and Naeem are suitable for Tests only. We must field separate teams after the World Cup. Looking forward to this ODI team after the World Cup:
Tamim Iqbal
Jahirul Islam
Shubhagoto Hom
Mushfiqur Rahim+ (vc)
Shakib Al Hasan (c)
Shabbir Rahman
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

Oh what a team that would be, no sissy players and only players with real intent and ability, its like a Dream XI, but I doubt we will ever get to see a team like this with the morons that we have in our Team Management!

jisaan
October 25, 2010, 06:32 AM
Nasir is streets ahead of jokers like Riyad and Naeem. These selfish gits mostly play for themselves regardless of match situations.

Dont want to jinx the young boy but Nasir is in the same league as Shakib and, perhaps, more mature. YES, he is more than ready for a full cap and should play against the ZIM. Riyad and Naeem should take the backseat and learn from this youngster.

Slightly diagree on the 2nd notion.... but 1st one is spot on!
if his progress so far is any indication, he is our right-handed shakib!
May Allah help him!

beshideshi
October 25, 2010, 06:46 AM
A repetition of the question I asked in the S.Hom thread, how many of us have actually seen him play or even know him well enough to compare him with the greatest cricketer in Bangladesh?

BANFAN
October 25, 2010, 07:03 AM
Before the worldcup, any new player should not be allowed in the team. The team of 07 is not going to be the same as 11. The difference of winning mentality is very diffeerent. So no new commer before the WC plz!!!

If there was no new players, we wouldnt have won against India in 2007. We surprised them with Tamim/Mushy/Shakib :)

I'm always in favour of having atleast 01/02 quality new comers in big tournaments like WC. Surprise is a big thing in these clashes. Disrupt their homework with a new guy, they will make mistakes with known guys as well.

That's also a good inspiration for a quality New comer to get established and flourish. But then he needs to be introduced against Zim, unless he is ace of spades, Has that nerve of heading direct to WC.

jisaan
October 25, 2010, 07:07 AM
If there was no new players, we wouldnt have won against India in 2007. We surprised them with Tamim/Mushy/Shakib :)

I'm always in favour of having atleast 01/02 quality new comers in big tournaments like WC. Surprise is a big thing in these clashes. Disrupt their homework with a new guy, they will make mistakes with known guys as well.

That's also a good inspiration for a quality New comer to get established and flourish. But then he needs to be introduced against Zim, unless he is ace of spades, Has that nerve of heading direct to WC.

good idea!

shakibrulz
October 25, 2010, 07:59 AM
A repetition of the question I asked in the S.Hom thread, how many of us have actually seen him play or even know him well enough to compare him with the greatest cricketer in Bangladesh?
Good question.

Miraz
October 25, 2010, 08:17 AM
Nasir Hossain is still about 2-3 years away from the national team. He is a very good prospect, but it is too early to have him in the national team. He has the potential to serve Bangladesh for a good 10-12 years. Bringing him in too early may cost his chance to settle in the national team.

He is no Shakib or Tamim. You don't get players like Shakib and Tamim every other year.

M.H.Rubel
October 25, 2010, 09:00 AM
Nasir Hossain is still about 2-3 years away from the national team. He is a very good prospect, but it is too early to have him in the national team. He has the potential to serve Bangladesh for a good 10-12 years. Bringing him in too early may cost his chance to settle in the national team.

He is no Shakib or Tamim. You don't get players like Shakib and Tamim every other year.

Miraz i do support you.I also have the idea of immature players in the team.Its a good sign that Nasir is maturing quickly.No matter whats the age but the main point to me is consistent performance in the domestic leagues for atleast 3 successive years.
Regarding Nasir his plus point is in national team we have a vacancy in #7 and we need a offspinner for the team.It seems that he can fulfill both of the posts and probably this is the cause pulling him up.It seems to me according to performance in this domestic reaso out of Riyad,Naeem and Nasir two will get chance in the worldcup team.

M.H.Rubel
October 25, 2010, 09:08 AM

Yes a very good question lets compile the observations.I have seen him last year in 2 matches in DPL.He is a very lin and thin medium height guy his batting seems to me average his bowling was not something special,it does not looked that he is a good wicket taking bowler but he has a good ability to frustrate the batsman with his economical bowling.But it does not looked to me that he is a better bowler than Naeem.

lamisa
October 25, 2010, 09:44 AM
if he can perform on a consistent basis in this season,we should include him in the team against zim,and also shuvogot and the sabbir guy...

LBW103
October 25, 2010, 10:52 AM
We just have overlooked him...

AsifTheManRahman
October 25, 2010, 11:19 AM

Indeed indeed. Let him grow up. The last thing we want is another baby in the team crying for his mommy at the end of a two-week long away tour.

jisaan
October 25, 2010, 11:23 AM
It is the team of Tutul & Co.
this bunch of directors (can also read as 'jokers') hardly knows what we lack & which resources we should resort to!

Anyways, time hasn't run out yet. they did the same to Jahurul & we saw how they gave 'nak-e-khat'!

Nadim
October 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
Yes a very good question lets compile the observations.I have seen him last year in 2 matches in DPL.He is a very lin and thin medium height guy his batting seems to me average his bowling was not something special,it does not looked that he is a good wicket taking bowler but he has a good ability to frustrate the batsman with his economical bowling.But it does not looked to me that he is a better bowler than Naeem.

LOL he was talking about SHUVoGOTO HOM not NASIR

Murad
October 25, 2010, 02:34 PM
It is the team of Tutul & Co.
this bunch of directors (can also read as 'jokers') hardly knows what we lack & which resources we should resort to!

Anyways, time hasn't run out yet. they did the same to Jahurul & we saw how they gave 'nak-e-khat'!

Eto tara keno bhai? he is only 19. Let him grow up.

Koyekta match e bhalo korlei ki national team e niye ashte hobe? let him play domestic cricket for another 2/3 years before selecting him for National team.

We've already destroyed so many young players by playing them so early for national team. Sometimes I think we fans need to grow up as well.

Tiger444
October 25, 2010, 02:39 PM
Eto tara keno bhai? he is only 19. Let him grow up.

Koyekta match e bhalo korlei ki national team e niye ashte hobe? let him play domestic cricket for another 2/3 years before selecting him for National team.

We've already destroyed so many young players by playing them so early for national team. Sometimes I think we fans need to grow up as well.

Agreed..players such as Nasir, Shabbir, and Nur aren't going anywhere..let them grow and mature up..its not only that they have to get more experienced in the game but also they have to mature properly with their age..They will definitely be in the cards for the next world cup..

sadhat
October 25, 2010, 04:43 PM
Did he score a 100?
Did he take 5 wickets yet?
Did he take a brilliant catch?
His batting average is 45+ for two years in NCL?
We should ask the above questions, not only his talent.

Ajfar
October 25, 2010, 05:38 PM
Jisaan bhai I think you are getting a bit too ahead right now with Nasir. Yes its true that we have plenty of useless players in the team doesnt necesarily mean we have to draft him in the team right away to make up for them. How many times have we seen younger players getting introduced for one series and than we never hear about them. No point ruining his career this early. Kid has a long way to go. He will get his chance eventually no need to rush it.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Rifat
October 25, 2010, 06:23 PM
some of you can take a sigh of relief: this guy has not been declared in the preliminary squad against Zimbabwe. other people like me, Jisaan, and BanCricFan and a few others will eagerly await :)

beshideshi
October 26, 2010, 12:06 AM

Thanks bro! So, nothing to get to excited about? I saw Mahmudul Hasan's bowling in a few U19 games and he looked like a decent offie, so unless Nasir's batting is much better than Mahmudul Hasan, I think Mahmudul Hasan is the kind of player that our team needs, not now, in a couple of years maybe.
And Nadim bhai, I would love to knwo about S. Hom as well, but knowing about Nasir was also important after hearing that he should be in the natnl team now.

jisaan
January 31, 2011, 12:11 PM
Now we know what he is made of....
1) he downed mohammedan with a brace of wickets and saw his team through with an unbeaten knock of 62
in the very next game,
2) today, it was almost a one-man show!
nasir got 2 wickets and his 1st 100 of the season took his team to the top of the league table!
more over, he didn't throw it away! rather remained not out!

jisaan
January 31, 2011, 12:21 PM
Nasir in DPL so far:

Batting:
Match - 14, Inn- 12, Not Outs - 5
Fifty - 3, Hundred - 1
Total Runs - 472, Avg. - 67.4

Bowling;
13 wickets

roman
January 31, 2011, 12:25 PM
I dont like him coz Mohamedan lost to Gazi because of him :)

He is a great prospect along with Shabbir. These 2 are knocking on the door. Really excited

jisaan
January 31, 2011, 01:33 PM
GAZI - ABAHANI
Nasir once again stood tall during his 122-ball unbeaten 102 that contained seven fours and two sixes as Gazi Tank reached 219 runs for five in 46.3 overs in reply to Abahani's 218-9 to avenge their heavy defeat in the first round.
"Nasir has remained unbeaten in four consecutive matches and was exceptional during his chanceless innings today. We have a very good chance of clinching the title as we have two matches in hand now, against Biman and CCS," said an excited Gazi Tank coach Mohammad Salahuddin.
Gazi lost three early wickets for 35 runs but Nasir joined promoted Sanjamul Islam (29) to repair the damages by associating 60 runs for the fourth wicket and then Alok Kapali shared a 82-run partnership with Nasir in the fifth wicket stand to confirm the victory.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=172349

jisaan
January 31, 2011, 01:37 PM
I dont like him coz Mohamedan lost to Gazi because of him :)

He is a great prospect along with Shabbir. These 2 are knocking on the door. Really excited

now that he toyed with abahani today, you have a reason to forgive him, right?:-p

roman
January 31, 2011, 01:43 PM
now that he toyed with abahani today, you have a reason to forgive him, right?:-p

lol...i suppose

LateCut
January 31, 2011, 01:57 PM
I hope BCB does not think like Jisaan!

BanCricFan
January 31, 2011, 02:11 PM
I hope BCB does not think like Jisaan!

They should rather think like LateCut? :)

BanCricFan
January 31, 2011, 02:17 PM
Masha Allah! Nasir tumi egiye cholo!

Hope to see him in the National fold immediately after the World Cup, Insha Allah. Its never too late for BCB to atone their sin of picking a clueless (batting wise) Nayeem over Nasir (or shabbir).

Equinox
January 31, 2011, 02:48 PM
A must selection for the T20 team. Possibly another season of FC + A-team cricket away from making the ODI team.

Shamsur Rahman
Nazimuddin/Jahirul Islam
Shubhagoto Hom
Alok Kapali*
Shabbir Rahman
Nasir Hossain
Dhiman Ghosh+
Sanjamul Islam
Farhad Reza
Shahadat Hossain
Shubhashish Roy

Jahirul Islam/Nazimuddin, Mominul Haque, Nur Hossain, Dollar Mahmud

Really want to test out this A-team against a top opposition. Will give us a clearer indication of who's where.

rashed411
January 31, 2011, 04:43 PM
Nasir and Shabbir they are real deals!!!

Holden
January 31, 2011, 08:42 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again Nasir and Shabbir are the future number 6 and 7 of the Bangladesh ODI team. Then you also have the likes of Asif Ahmed, Mominul Haque, Mahmadul Hasan, and Anamul Haque waiting in the wings.
Each new generation is packed with more talented players than the last one. Players like Tamim and Shakib were given chances when they were around the same age as these youngsters, and with time they turned out pretty well. We can't keep having the attitude that Tamim and Shakib are one offs. We have to atleast dream and have the ambition that there are others just as talented to come and join them.
We cannot keep handing numerous chances to the same old failures, reasoning that we have no one in reserve, when we have these hungry tigers waiting to pounce.
I'm not suggesting that we give them debuts in the World Cup or on difficult away tours like England/Australia. Bangladesh play Zimbabwe very often so next time they (or any minnow teams) tour Bangladesh, we should give a chance to one or two of these youngsters, whoever is performing best in the domestic games and A-team games.

Rifat
February 1, 2011, 12:02 AM
1 more EXCELLENT Domestic season and he is in :)

_Rafi_
February 1, 2011, 02:13 AM
How good is Nasir? Is he another Nayeem Islam in making? In domestic I bowl well, bat well and in international level I bowl a bit and I bat a bit?

Shaan
February 1, 2011, 02:20 AM
A must selection for the T20 team. Possibly another season of FC + A-team cricket away from making the ODI team.

Shamsur Rahman
Nazimuddin/Jahirul Islam
Shubhagoto Hom
Alok Kapali*
Shabbir Rahman
Nasir Hossain
Dhiman Ghosh+
Sanjamul Islam
Farhad Reza
Shahadat Hossain
Shubhashish Roy

Jahirul Islam/Nazimuddin, Mominul Haque, Nur Hossain, Dollar Mahmud

Really want to test out this A-team against a top opposition. Will give us a clearer indication of who's where.
Exactly what I was thinking about, bro !!

Shaan
February 1, 2011, 02:31 AM
i still say let them prepare more mature before rushing them into national team. No doubt they are making impressive impact on us by performing but we are not now in a situation like 5-6 years ago where we didn't have many quality contenders for the national team than some certain bunch of players. Now where we reached we are gonna produce more lots of them, inshaallah. But rushing them into national team before proper grooming is not required here, i mean let these guys play more matches with A-team, let them feel the international environment and pressure with A-team, let them know and feel what required for a guy to be selected for national team, unlike Ash, ALok and Aftab. We don't want these guys come and go like those AAA making few good innings and than vanished. SO, hold on and let them find the right way to make a place in national team !!

KaaL-PurusH
February 1, 2011, 02:40 AM

what if our surprise package find themself surpirsed in matches.

Eshen
February 1, 2011, 11:54 AM
Nasir is certainly making himself hard to be overlooked. Both his bowling and fielding are pluses for him, but if he is to be considered for the ODI team, his batting should be the main criterion for consideration.

Shabbir, on the other hand, right is being a bits-n-piece cricketer. He needs to find a better defined role as a batsman or a bowler.

jisaan
February 1, 2011, 12:33 PM
nasir & sabbir are going to play 2 most important games of their career albeit agt Biman & CCS

if they can fetch Gazi the coveted crown, they will be up there much sooner than we think

i want a top innings from sabbir

jisaan
April 29, 2011, 09:26 AM
one good innings today and nasir is gonna get the nod... i would bet

tanvir_nus
April 29, 2011, 10:30 AM
yes we can overlook, no more offspinners please.... we need variety.... either a leg spinning allrounder or a pace allrounder..... don't care how good he is... i am not going in for Nasir or anyone non spinners...

jisaan
April 29, 2011, 11:19 AM
yes we can overlook, no more offspinners please.... we need variety.... either a leg spinning allrounder or a pace allrounder..... don't care how good he is... i am not going in for Nasir or anyone non spinners...

a legspinning allrounder would be good....but as long as alok keeps disappointing one and all, sabbir prefers to focus more on his off-field heroics... there's no one in the horizon

and we have 2 terrible offspinning allrounders ... naeem & riyad... one horrible middle order .... rokibul...

a BIG OPEN SPACE is up there for grabs... nasir is gonna fill in that vacuum..

tanvir_nus
April 29, 2011, 11:28 AM
Love your signature. Nasir can compete with Naeem & Riyad, but I would open up the middle order slot (Rokibul's) for someone experienced. Or move up Riyad like the 3rd ODI and bring in the new guns in the lower order. The point is we can't have Riyad/Naeem/Nasir (3 offspinning ALR) OR Shuvo/Razzak/Shakib (3 SLAs) in the same team and expect anything out of them. Opposition always has an edge over us, spinners will never scare anybody and you are going to lose 8/10 guaranteed. That's why I have repeatedly said we badly need a genuine pace allrounder. One who cranks up 140s at will and muscles the ball out of the park when we need runs.

a legspinning allrounder would be good....but as long as alok keeps disappointing one and all, sabbir prefers to focus more on his off-field heroics... there's no one in the horizon

and we have 2 terrible offspinning allrounders ... naeem & riyad... one horrible middle order .... rokibul...

a BIG OPEN SPACE is up there for grabs... nasir is gonna fill in that vacuum..

jisaan
April 29, 2011, 01:10 PM
Love your signature. Nasir can compete with Naeem & Riyad, but I would open up the middle order slot (Rokibul's) for someone experienced. Or move up Riyad like the 3rd ODI and bring in the new guns in the lower order. The point is we can't have Riyad/Naeem/Nasir (3 offspinning ALR) OR Shuvo/Razzak/Shakib (3 SLAs) in the same team and expect anything out of them. Opposition always has an edge over us, spinners will never scare anybody and you are going to lose 8/10 guaranteed. That's why I have repeatedly said we badly need a genuine pace allrounder. One who cranks up 140s at will and muscles the ball out of the park when we need runs.

can't agree more!:applause:
* riyad moving up nd taking rokibul's spot is my wish too
* naeem is already of of d fold
* 3 let-arm spinners is going to fetch us nothing agt top teams... a big NO to that silly tactic
* a seaming allrounder is all we need... but who's there? reza seems well short of what we need, mash will never bowl 140 again... bt he has d potential to fill in that role. sadly, in a country of 180 million, we don't hv many seaming allrounders....
alauddin babu is a distant prospect
somya sarker is more of a batsman
saikat ali, too
arafat salauddin can't even be regular for divisional team
nazmul (milon)'s bowling is pathetic
dollar has faded away at supersonic pace
sharif & aftab ain't gonna get their chances again
* so, let's look at this possible changes in zimbabwe:
Tamim-Imrul (he silenced a few critics, incl. me, with his last innings)
Nafees-Junaid-RIyad-Shakib
Mushfiq(??)-Nasir
Shafiul-Raz-Rubel/Mash

lamisa
May 1, 2011, 09:42 AM

u forgot shuvogoto hom

M.H.Rubel
May 8, 2011, 09:14 PM
One of the most weakest point of Nasir is he is weak against pace.He need to improve against pace.

lamisa
May 9, 2011, 04:31 AM
^^^that goes for all the players who are national team potentials

M.H.Rubel
May 10, 2011, 01:34 AM
Today Kaler Kantha published an article about Nasir Hossain.K M Sujon thinks that Nasir is the best Offspinner in the country.

lamisa
May 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
^^ because he hates shakib

jisaan
July 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
can't agree more!:applause:
* riyad moving up nd taking rokibul's spot is my wish too
* naeem is already out of d fold
* 3 let-arm spinners is going to fetch us nothing agt top teams... a big NO to that silly tactic
* a seaming allrounder is all we need... but who's there? reza seems well short of what we need, mash will never bowl 140 again... bt he has d potential to fill in that role. sadly, in a country of 180 million, we don't hv many seaming allrounders....
alauddin babu is a distant prospect
somya sarker is more of a batsman
saikat ali, too
arafat salauddin can't even be regular for divisional team
nazmul (milon)'s bowling is pathetic
dollar has faded away at supersonic pace
sharif & aftab ain't gonna get their chances again
* so, let's look at this possible changes in zimbabwe:
Tamim-Imrul (he silenced a few critics, incl. me, with his last innings)
Nafees-Junaid-RIyad-Shakib
Mushfiq(??)-Nasir
Shafiul-Raz-Rubel/Mash
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
well... i got my team...... (without d help of any technical committee:))

nasir... go my boy... make me/us proud..

shakib too debuted in zimbabwe... so is 'one' ashraful..... plz don't follow the later's footsteps....
go and serve bangladesh for d next 15 years.

Nadim
July 15, 2011, 01:04 PM
Nasir is definitely making debut in ODI against Zim. Best of luck to him!!! Have high hopes in him:fanflag:

MohammedC
July 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
well... i got my team...... (without d help of any technical committee:))

nasir... go my boy... make me/us proud..

shakib too debuted in zimbabwe... so is 'one' ashraful..... plz don't follow the later's footsteps....
go and serve bangladesh for d next 15 years.

An I hope your team gives us many joy.

Tiger444
July 15, 2011, 06:44 PM
A heartfelt congrats to Nasir making the national team. Its a big achievement to any cricketer. Hopefully he solves our problem at the allrounders spot once and for all. Don't see him being in the test team now as he needs more experience but he can definitely be an asset for us in T20s and ODis for now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

deshimon
July 16, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hopefully he solves our problem at the allrounders spot once and for all.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

We don't have too much problem in the spot of spinning alrounder. Need pace allrounder or solide batsman. If he can fill the place of batsman, it's ok.

lamisa
July 16, 2011, 08:39 AM
yaaaay!!! hope he just kicks ash out of the team with his own performance!

Banglaguy
July 16, 2011, 08:46 AM
We don't have too much problem in the spot of spinning alrounder. Need pace allrounder or solide batsman. If he can fill the place of batsman, it's ok.

Isn't Dollar a decent Pace bowling all rounder?

And is Nasir Hossain a genuine all rounder, or a part time bowler/batsmen.

Night_wolf
July 16, 2011, 08:48 AM
doller cant bat..he is a slogger..and not a good int one either

deshimon
July 16, 2011, 08:56 AM
He cann't bat good and now isn't in form bowling as well.

Banglaguy
July 16, 2011, 10:39 AM
Didn't he take a four-fer against the Zimbo's?

Jadukor
July 20, 2011, 03:53 AM
Really excited to Nasir in the upcoming ODI series. Hope he can capitalize on the powerplays for us. BTW... Will the new ODI rules be in action from these series?

BANFAN
July 20, 2011, 04:32 AM
One of the most weakest point of Nasir is he is weak against pace.He need to improve against pace.

If he is weak against pace, he has a tough ride ahead.

Banglaguy
July 20, 2011, 05:40 AM
If he is weak against pace, he has a tough ride ahead.

If he was weak against pace, they wouldn't play him.

jisaan
November 7, 2011, 01:52 PM
nasir has shown what he is made of!

the right handed shakib has arrived, guys!
i know, some ppl don't like him playing for A team. I am not against the idea. this is his time to hone his skills.

no wonder, he has bettered his highest 1st class score in the very 1st opportunity.
All i want a few more of such knocks & a few wickets under his belt before he shows the pakistanis what he could do

Banglaguy
November 7, 2011, 02:02 PM
Nasir Hossain is one of the young allrounders in Bangladesh who, if handled correctly, could be a long-term prospect for the national team in all forms. As a lower-middle-order batsman, Nasir can bat in different gears depending on the match situation; as an offspinner he has control and accuracy; and his fielding is perhaps the most exciting part of his game. His potential was seen in his first international game, when he scored 63 against Zimbabwe, the highest by a Bangladeshi on ODI debut. That performance led to his Test debut against West Indies in October 2011, a month before his 20th birthday.

That he had a feel for sports was obvious pretty early in Nasir's life: he joined Bangladesh's only sports institute, BKSP, in 2004 as a 13-year-old. In a few years, Nasir quickly became an important member of the institute's league team and played a key role in its promotion to the Premier League. At the same time, he represented the Bangladesh Under-19 side in the 2008 World Cup when he was 16.

His move to Abahani, one of the biggest clubs in the country, was a move fraught with risk but Nasir held his nerve in tight games and soon became a regular for them. In one of his early games, his courage to open the bowling against Sanath Jayasuriya (who was playing for Mohammedan Sporting Club) was seen as a mark of his promise.

He had limited opportunities in the Rajshahi side, scoring a solitary first-class hundred. He joined his native Rangpur for the 2011-12 season after the expansion of the NCL.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/300618.html

deshimon
November 7, 2011, 03:10 PM
Nasir shows his ability against pace in this tour.

al Furqaan
November 7, 2011, 03:25 PM
he seems to be in a class apart from Naeem and Riyad. I think he has the ingredients ot be in the
"Shakib" class.

Dhakablues
November 7, 2011, 03:32 PM
Interesting to see some of the comments from last year,, very few other than the 'real experts' knew of his potential and wanted him in the team... He is a genuine find of this Selection comittiee and something they can be proud of.. Nasir is going to become in the ICC top 50 list pretty soon!!

deshimon
November 7, 2011, 03:49 PM
If he could continue his performance in international cricket our next series he would be listed one of the emerging cricketers.

jisaan
November 7, 2011, 03:54 PM
after that blazing ton, he accounted for dangerous looking russel!

Ajfar
November 7, 2011, 08:32 PM
after that blazing ton, he accounted for dangerous looking russel!

Bhai I have been looking for you for the last few days. I remember you have been asking for him to get a chance in the national for a while and argued against you saying no not another 19 year old. I'm glad that I was wrong to think he wouldn't survive in the big league. All the signs are there for a promising future in the national team. If he can't move forward from where he is now he will only have himsef to blame.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

lamisa
November 8, 2011, 09:24 AM
let's see how well he does in future. hope he can pick out the good things of shakib and not the bad ones

al-Sagar
December 3, 2011, 09:59 AM
i was waiting for today to bump this thread

Shehwar
December 3, 2011, 10:02 AM
Welldone Jisaan! You should apply for a job as a selector!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

chinaman_f
December 3, 2011, 10:09 AM
Nice dig Sagar bhai!

And yeah, no opposition can ever overlook Nasir again, after what he did today (and on a wider perspective, this series)

jisaan
December 21, 2011, 01:53 AM

Plenty of time left for him.
No need to bring a fresh new face to the squad prior to the world cup.
He is fine where he is at the moment.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Now i feel so happy for him & for me.

Rifat
December 21, 2011, 02:01 AM
to reiterate what was said in the other thread: jisaan should become a Bangladeshi national cricket team selector!

oronnya
December 21, 2011, 07:03 AM
Good knock but he plays too many risky shots.. he was lucky to be there today for that long... Anyways all the best.. We can rely on Nasir !!!

Fazal
December 21, 2011, 07:21 AM
God helps the Brave.

Plus its better to be lucky and successful, than unlucky and unsuccessful.

Finally its the end result of his innings that matters, not how he made it. He did his part today, we lost it because the way Captain was out followed by spineless batting by the tailenders. Rahim for the 2nd time lost his wicket after losing his successful pair. In both cases he should have prevented the collapse.

Nasir already proved couple of times that he can produce under pressure.

al Furqaan
December 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
God helps the Brave.

Plus its better to be lucky by successful, than unlucky and unsuccessful.

Finally its the end result of his innings that matters, not how he made it. He his his part today, we lost it beacuse they way Captain was out followed by spineless batting by the tailenders. Rahim for the 2nd time lost his wicket after losing his successful pair. In both cases he should have prevented the collapse.

Nasir already proved couple of times that he can produce under pressure.

Can't blame Rahim for his 2nd innings dismissal. Look who he's batting with. Pakers scored 81 runs after the 6th wicket fell. We scored, 33 and 22 after the 6th wicket fell. In addition to our top order collapses. Basically we batted with 3 wickets each innings. Some due to umpiring *conspiracy* and some due to our ineptitude.

Fazal
December 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
The tendency to take risks in a stable position has hurt the Tigers once more though skipper Mushfiqur Rahim owned up to his error in judgment after the seven-wicket defeat to Pakistan in the second Test.
“Of course I will take the blame. If I didn't get out, we could have batted 30 minutes more. I feel guilty for my shot as I let my team down,” said the Bangladesh captain during the post-match press conference at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.
Rahim, himself agree with me.The hard work was already done. If Rahim could stay a bit more, we could get that draw. At that point what he needed to do was, stay in the wicket with the tail by taking risk free singles in the 4th, 5th or 6th ball.

idrinkh2O
December 21, 2011, 03:35 PM
@ jisaan, thank you! You were right...I'm happy for you...Hope Nasir will live up to our expectations!