PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe bats first

Navarene
February 3, 2004, 12:33 AM
..won the toss and elected to bat first. Interesting to see how GW Flower, V Sibanda, SV Carlisle, SM Ervine, T Taibu, HH Streak, DD Ebrahim click with their bat.

They have indeed greatly improved in with both ball and bat.You see in the past the truth is they have been greatly relying on the Flower brothers on bat and streak and Olonga on ball,however now things are really looking up in both departments.

With bat Craig Wishart is begining to regain form and once he gets on the board he can produce match winning innings. I think Bangladesh will face him in this tour. Same for S Carlisle. Hondo is also back into the team. With him,Streak,Ervine,Blignaut and Price,you could say they are currently having the strongest bowling attack they have ever produced. The fact that their tail can also bat against world class attack goes on to reassure the fact that they will really be a threat to our rookie bowling attack(except for rafique, I guess).

So let's keep a keen eye on how they take the challange of Indian pacemen.

P.S. haha..Sibanda is already gone as I was drafting this message.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Navarene]

chinaman
February 3, 2004, 01:10 AM
Pathan: 4-1-4-3

Zim: 14/3 after 8 overs.

Tehsin
February 3, 2004, 01:23 AM
This is the same Pathan that destroyed our under 19 side only 2/3 months ago.

Nascer
February 3, 2004, 11:47 AM
[Edited on 6-11-2004 by Nascer]

betterdaz
February 20, 2004, 04:00 AM
did you fill in the "fans corner" on the bbc site (gimmic?)

chinaman
February 20, 2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by betterdaz
did you fill in the "fans corner" on the bbc site (gimmic?)

That would be our very own Navarene.

Check out the thread BD Fans Corner (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=4235)

betterdaz
February 20, 2004, 04:36 AM
thanks again - i´ve posted my response (not impressed with his choice of worst player ever) otherwise a good piece.