PDA

View Full Version : Logistics: New Zealand series

Zeeshan
September 21, 2010, 05:50 PM
1. What would be your lineup?
2. Who would you pick as openers?
3. What kind of pitch should the curator create?
4. Should Mushfiqur be replaced with Jahurul for keeping?
5. What would be the target score?
6. First match, bat first or bowl if we win the toss?
7. If bat first, offensive or defensive play now that Tamim's gone? How much to expect in first PP?

If you guys got more questions dump'em in.

My answers:
1. Lineup:

Shahriar Nafees
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan (v/c)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Jahurul Islam
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza (capt)
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

2. Openers: Kayes and Nafees (maybe blessing in disguise Tamim's out as he scores quickfire 20-30 runs and gets out)

3. Spin friendly...but I am nowhere an expert in pitch theory
4. Strong yes. Jahurul should keep.
5. Min 265....
6. Bat.
7. Offensive with no casualty. 60 runs in first ten overs with loss of no wicket would still be "bad" in my book. I say take the attack to the forefront and build up on that good base. I am more interested in the sports psychology and since our batsman tend to be aggressive in nature with penchant for flashy shots and ailsami to not to take singles, thus a RR of 6.0 or 60 runs in first 10 overs still means they have to work hard throughout. I say score about 80/90 runs for a wicket in first 10. Slow down in the middle and in the end blast them through. 60 runs in first 10 overs does no good to get those neurons firing and adrenaline pumped up. We perform better when we are on high note. I don't think we should be passive about it. And does one necessarily have to agree with the orthodox view that one has to play 50 full overs? What about 275 all out in 40 overs? It's the end result that counts.

Ajfar
September 21, 2010, 05:58 PM
bhai apni notun thread koren na keno prottek ta question er jonno. bhoy pan naki kew boka dibe?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Zeeshan
September 21, 2010, 06:00 PM
bhai apni notun thread koren na keno prottek ta question er jonno. bhoy pan naki kew boka dibe?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I agree sy baba. Ashraful should've been picked. I still think there is a sliver of chance for him to sneak in. It should be a good dress rehearsal and he needs some "warm up"; how can he just waltz into wc and score big, i don't see. Good point tho.

al-Sagar
September 21, 2010, 07:58 PM
I agree sy baba. Ashraful should've been picked. I still think there is a sliver of chance for him to sneak in. It should be a good dress rehearsal and he needs some "warm up"; how can he just waltz into wc and score big, i don't see. Good point tho.

fully agree. its about time we look for a replacement of Aminul under the bars .... he has served as a lot but we have to look for the future. we have to look for youngsters

wiseshah
September 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
if jahurul keeps, then i dont think we need mushfiq rahim in ODI squad.my squad will be

kayes
nafees
junaed
rokibul
riad
jahurul
sakib
naeem
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul

wiseshah
September 21, 2010, 10:01 PM
riad never finish 10 over quota in ODI, so we need back up bowler--which i think naeem/shuvo can fill up

but shuvo is definitely not ODI player, he is more suitable for test--so i will pick naeem plus he is a useful slogger

al-Sagar
September 21, 2010, 10:35 PM
1. my line up ( it will be decided by team management)

2. my openers (the two batsman that will come out from the team selected by team management)

3. they curators will prepare whatever they wish or the way team management, BCB whoever is responsible advise them.

4 its up to team management who will keep.

5. the target shoud be team managements concern not my.

6.& 7. we will lose the toss most probably so its upto the NZ captain ...

max410
September 21, 2010, 10:39 PM
if jahurul keeps, then i dont think we need mushfiq rahim in ODI squad.my squad will be

kayes
nafees
junaed
rokibul
riad
jahurul
sakib
naeem
mashrafe
razzaq
shafiul

Nice i totally agree with you BRO

al-Sagar
September 21, 2010, 10:42 PM

1. how many pacers should be in the team ???
2. how many SLA's should be in the team ???
3. how many part time off spiners should be in the team ???
4. how many overs the part timers should bowl ???
5. how many wicketkeepers should we play ???
6. how many STABILIZERS we should play ???
7. when to include some Standbyes into the squad ??? alo how many and who to to inlcude ???

cricket_king
September 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
LOL. 60 for no loss after 10 overs for Bangladesh is no good? Add to that the absence of Tamim from the top order, and a score like that can be considered a miracle.

Rabz
September 22, 2010, 12:55 AM

2. my openers (the two batsman that will come out from the team selected by team management)

3. they curators will prepare whatever they wish or the way team management, BCB whoever is responsible advise them.

:lol::lol::lol:
Good one Sagar bhai.

deshifan
September 22, 2010, 12:57 AM
Folks, I don't see any light of hope without Tamim. (just being a realist)

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 01:03 AM
Jahurul Islam(wk)/Shahriar Nafees
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Rokibul Hasan
Jahurul Islam(wk)/Shuvagoto Hom
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hosain

Slow, turning pitch. No other alternative.

100%.

240+ should be realistic. 270+ would be excellent.

Bat first. More turn in the second innings.

7. If bat first, offensive or defensive play now that Tamim's gone? How much to expect in first PP?
Nafees/Jahurul should open with Imrul and they should attack. Imrul should try to score a few boundaries as well. I won't mind an early wicket going down in the powerplays but should make the most of it.

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 01:05 AM

Don't hype him too much, BD did win games where Tamim didn't play a substantial innings. Tamim will be sorely missed, but it's not like he's the only good player in the side.

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 01:08 AM
7. when to include some Standbyes into the squad ??? alo how many and who to to inlcude ???

1. 2
2. 1
3. Depends
5. LOL
6. Rokibul & Imrul are there to play that role.
7. Huh?

auntu
September 22, 2010, 01:48 AM

[বাংলা]হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ[/বাংলা] Nice one Sagar bhai. :D

lamisa
September 22, 2010, 08:12 AM

My answers:
1. Lineup:

Shahriar Nafees
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan (v/c)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Jahurul Islam
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza (capt)
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

2. Openers: Kayes and Nafees (maybe blessing in disguise Tamim's out as he scores quickfire 20-30 runs and gets out)

3. Spin friendly...but I am nowhere an expert in pitch theory
4. Strong yes. Jahurul should keep.
5. Min 265....
6. Bat.
7. Offensive with no casualty. 60 runs in first ten overs with loss of no wicket would still be "bad" in my book. I say take the attack to the forefront and build up on that good base. I am more interested in the sports psychology and since our batsman tend to be aggressive in nature with penchant for flashy shots and ailsami to not to take singles, thus a RR of 6.0 or 60 runs in first 10 overs still means they have to work hard throughout. I say score about 80/90 runs for a wicket in first 10. Slow down in the middle and in the end blast them through. 60 runs in first 10 overs does no good to get those neurons firing and adrenaline pumped up. We perform better when we are on high note. I don't think we should be passive about it. And does one necessarily have to agree with the orthodox view that one has to play 50 full overs? What about 275 all out in 40 overs? It's the end result that counts.

bhai apnar dol e bowler kom na?or do u expect our bowlers to bowl out NZ within 40 overs?

Tiger444
September 22, 2010, 08:52 AM

1. Imrul Kayes
2. Jahurul Islam
3. Zunaed Siddique
4. Roqibul Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
6. Mahmudullah
7. Naeem Islam
8. Shakib Al Hasan
9. Mahrafe Mortaza
10. Shafiul Islam
11. Abdur Razzak
Reason: Not too excited about having SN being in the lineup..I say let him carry the drinks for the 1st 3-4 games and then we can see if we want to give him a game..also Jahurul in general is more attacking then SN and having both SN and Imrul in the lineup would mean a very sluggish start to the innings..also let Shakib just focus on his bowling and push him down..
Jahurul and Imrul..again having a guy play international cricket after so long is a big risk and we should not take it..
Slow, low and turning..with 2 full time spinners and 2 part timers, we could really give the Kiwi batsmen allthey got since they always struggle against our spin in our conditions..we also have batsmen such as Imrul/Roqibul to play slow and sluggish..
Not a chance..I was open to it at 1st..but don't like the idea too much..experimenting before the WC is a bad idea and Jahurul gave up wicketkeeping and doesn't even keep for his domestic team..don't want to ruin him as a batsman and want him to just focus on his batting..if we really want to try another keeper then let's try an actual keeper like Dhiman or Saghir..
250 is a score we should achieve with this lineup..
As the weaker team we should be brave and bat 1st..let's get 250 on the board and really put the choke hold on the Kiwis..

I say 40-50 without the loss of the 1st wicket..the most we should lose is 2 wickets..but we should aim at getting a good solid start..

Tiger Manc
September 22, 2010, 09:12 AM
Lineup:

1. Imrul Kayes
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Junaid Siddique
4. Raqibul Hasan
5. Shakib al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Suhrawadi Shuvo
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Shafiul Islam

One World
September 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
It is time for SN to consider Vettori and Co. a minnow.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Tiger Manc
September 22, 2010, 09:49 AM
^^^ i like the way you said that

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 09:56 AM

:-D Good one

magic boy
September 22, 2010, 12:20 PM

aren't they comparing Shane Warne and Co. of 2006 at Fatullah ? :smug:

nakibahmed
September 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
[B]1. What would be your lineup?

1.Shariar Nafees
2.Imrul Kayes
3.Junaed Siddique
4.Raquibul Hasan
5.Shakib Al Hasan
6.Mahmudullah
7.Mushfiqur Rahim
8.Suhrawadi Shuvo
9.Mashrafe Mortaza
10.Abdur Razzaq
11.Shafiul Islam

Given a turning pitch,bat first,wait for it to crack a little by the 2nd innings,BOOM,shakib/razzaq get a 5-for(man i love to dream)

Habib
September 22, 2010, 02:20 PM

Well I won't say that we don't have hope without Tamim. But I'll say that we don't have any hope with SN.

_Rafi_
September 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
I want Mushfiq to keep. It is very unlikely for Jahurul to play in main 11 in WorldCup. We better give Mushy to more exposure before world cup.

FagunerAgun
September 22, 2010, 05:09 PM
Logistics! Pretty misleading thread title in a g rating forum.

shafayeen
September 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
My team would be:

Shahriar Nafees.
Imrul kayees.
Junaid Siddique
Jaharul islam
Shakib Al Hasan.
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah Riad
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Abdur Razzak
Rubel.

Mushfiq may have problems with his keeping, but he is a good batsman. You cant really drop him if he is fit.

Zeeshan
September 22, 2010, 08:51 PM

Well isn't that automatic deduction from the lineup you will put?

Zeeshan
September 22, 2010, 08:53 PM
LOL. 60 for no loss after 10 overs for Bangladesh is no good? Add to that the absence of Tamim from the top order, and a score like that can be considered a miracle.

With due respect bro...that's the attitude that our players harbor which brings the downfall. Oh it's just another game...konorokome kheilla dekhi and get mediocre scores. Instead each and every game should be played in such a way as if it's their last game. That's the only way they can stamp an authoritative thumbprint on the game to show who the boss is.

We should always strive to set the standard or the bar high instead of following others footsteps.

Zeeshan
September 22, 2010, 08:55 PM
Not a chance..I was open to it at 1st..but don't like the idea too much..experimenting before the WC is a bad idea and Jahurul gave up wicketkeeping and doesn't even keep for his domestic team..don't want to ruin him as a batsman and want him to just focus on his batting..if we really want to try another keeper then let's try an actual keeper like Dhiman or Saghir..

But, what if God forbids Mushy gets injured at WC or something happens that he can't play? Isn't it about time we experiment a little to have a plan B for future? :)

22Yards
September 22, 2010, 09:07 PM
Mushfiq is a solid batsman no doubt But he sure struggles to play big shots. Now at the time he must come in, which is late middle order requires big hitting most of the time. I would want somebody like jahurul to take his place in the one dayers or atleast shuffle the order for mushfiq so that he can come in early and play his natural game.

Tiger444
September 22, 2010, 09:48 PM
But, what if God forbids Mushy gets injured at WC or something happens that he can't play? Isn't it about time we experiment a little to have a plan B for future? :)

Pretty sure then you can call up a player from standby..not exactly sure though..I know what your trying to say bro but Jahurul should just work on his batting..he still has some ways to go before he can be a great batsman so I would much rather him work on that then an average batsman/part time keeper..

al-Sagar
September 22, 2010, 10:16 PM
Well isn't that automatic deduction from the lineup you will put?

for me first we have to find the answers to the questions... then we may find our line up ......

when u put up ur questions, after u have got the answer of 1, answer of 2 and 4 is also automatically deducted. perhaps we need to answer 2 and 4 first then no 1

Zeeshan
September 22, 2010, 10:35 PM
Haha i knew it'd come to bite me in the axx. You got a point there.

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 11:03 PM
I want Mushfiq to keep. It is very unlikely for Jahurul to play in main 11 in WorldCup. We better give Mushy to more exposure before world cup.

What? It's unlikely for Jahurul to play the Wcup? :ticking:

He's one of the better batsmen in the side. Dropping him would be the dumbest of the things to do

_Rafi_
September 23, 2010, 07:13 AM
What? It's unlikely for Jahurul to play the Wcup? :ticking:

He's one of the better batsmen in the side. Dropping him would be the dumbest of the things to do

our selectors are always the dumbest persons of the world. They will surely include Ashraful in world cup squad. Someone from current squad have to make way for Ash.
Btw Jahurul isn't proven yet...let him to score some 50s against Nz.

shakibrulz
September 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
our selectors are always the dumbest persons of the world. They will surely include Ashraful in world cup squad. Someone from current squad have to make way for Ash.
Btw Jahurul isn't proven yet...let him to score some 50s against Nz.

Oh for the love of christ.. :doh:

Jahurul did look good whenever he was in the crease. I'd take him anyday over clowns like Ash. And his Eid innings was over in T20 wcup. Great fielder + makes consistent 20's and 30's at least. It's not as if everyone else is just great with the bat.

BTW Jahuruls innings: 11*, 40, 27, 3, 34, 41. Not poor at all for a newbie. He'll do better for sure.

cricket_king
September 23, 2010, 08:16 AM
With due respect bro...that's the attitude that our players harbor which brings the downfall. Oh it's just another game...konorokome kheilla dekhi and get mediocre scores. Instead each and every game should be played in such a way as if it's their last game. That's the only way they can stamp an authoritative thumbprint on the game to show who the boss is.

We should always strive to set the standard or the bar high instead of following others footsteps.

I'm not going to argue with your point Zee, I agree wholeheartedly. However, from a realistic point-of-view, I would be astonished if we were to score so rapidly, with the loss of so few wickets. I just don't see this squad being capable of such feats.

safa
September 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
This is my playing 11
imrul kayes
junaed siddique
jahurul islam
raqibul hasan
shakib al hasan
mushfiqur rahim
mahmudullah riyad
naeem islam/abdur razzak
mashrafe mortaza
shafiul islam
rubel hossain

Both the openers kayes and junaed shouldn't give their wickets in powerplays itself and should pick the gaps correctly and should n't get out by playing short balls.
I opted jahurul for the one down spot because he is capable of ticking the scoreboard and at the same time he shouln't give his wicket cheaply by playing foolish shots as ashraful does .
For solidity i opted for raqibul at 4th place.He shouln't loss his wicket cheaply.
As i see many people opting shakib coming at 6th or 7th positions ,i didn't like him coming at those positions.I think due to his recent failure with the bat makes people feel like this.He is a good capable batsman and that I suggest for him is stay at the wicket and play aggressively towards the end of the innings.
Mushy should play according to the situation,play defensively if wickets fell quickly or aggressively during end of innings.
Mamudullah needs to be the finisher and he should practice in picking gaps and getting ball over the fence.Riyad should improve his bowling to make the bowling department more stronger.
If razzak bowls well give him the chance otherwise to naeem.Even if naeem comes he should bowl atleast 5 overs.
Hoping that the batting department is stronger I suggest for a 3 men speed attack.Masrafe should guide the youngsters.I opt masrafe to open the attack and his new ball partner is shafiul.If rubel is able to swing the ball he should accompany masrafe because he is much quicker than shafiul.And i want all the bowlers to mix up their balls gently,vary the pace,maintain lenght,use slow bouncers,yorkers,slow balls,block hole deliveries effectively

Tiger444
September 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
Oh for the love of christ.. :doh:

Jahurul did look good whenever he was in the crease. I'd take him anyday over clowns like Ash. And his Eid innings was over in T20 wcup. Great fielder + makes consistent 20's and 30's at least. It's not as if everyone else is just great with the bat.

BTW Jahuruls innings: 11*, 40, 27, 3, 34, 41. Not poor at all for a newbie. He'll do better for sure.

shakibrulz I believe Jahurul is a very solid batsman as well but the problem right now is where do you put him when Tamim comes back? Imrul's got the opener spot locked down pretty much..Zunaed at #3 has been doin good so far and Raqib has been a consistent batsman at #4 so I honestly don't know where Jahurul could play..maybe if Mahmudullah and Naeem continue to struggle then he could play as a finisher but I much rather have him play in the top order..I think he'll make the squad but I have doubts he's gonna play that many games unless Imrul/Rock/Zunaed struggle..

Habib
September 23, 2010, 10:22 AM
^Naeem is no longer an automatic choice for the team. So Jahirul has very realistic chance to make the starting eleven.

roman
September 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
I would keep Johurul ahead of Raqibul.

lamisa
September 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
i can't see ash making it to the team with rokibul and jahurul as his competitors for the no.4 spot...

Tiger444
September 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
I would keep Johurul ahead of Raqibul.

I think Raqibul's the better player though..I mean he's played some big innings in ODIs which Jahurul has failed to do..I know Jahurul hasn't played many ODIs but he has yet to score a half century which Raqibul did in only his 2nd ODI match against a very strong South African pace attack..also recently Raqibul played a pretty good innings against England..so the #4 position should go to Raqibul but as Habib bhai says Naeem isn't an automatic anymore so he could very well take Naeem's spot..

roman
September 23, 2010, 12:26 PM
I think Raqibul's the better player though..I mean he's played some big innings in ODIs which Jahurul has failed to do..I know Jahurul hasn't played many ODIs but he has yet to score a half century which Raqibul did in only his 2nd ODI match against a very strong South African pace attack..also recently Raqibul played a pretty good innings against England..so the #4 position should go to Raqibul but as Habib bhai says Naeem isn't an automatic anymore so he could very well take Naeem's spot..

I agree with you, but tbh I dont know if Roqib is in form or not? I think he is not in form. Johurul can give you an innings of 30-40 runs per game. but you are right if Roqib is in form he'll be the first choice for # 4

Razi
September 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
My lineup for the first game:

Shahriar Nafees
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Raqibul Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Jahurul Islam (wk)
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mashrafe Mortaza (c)
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

SN and IK for now and let's see how it goes, if SN fails then maybe we can bring in Nazimuddin from the standby.

Pitches like the Tri-Series involving SL and Zim would be great.

Hell yeah!

250+ should be the normal target on a good pitch but it all depends on the conditions and we must utilize the batting PP properly.

This again heavily depends on the conditions.

Play according to the sitation, pre-plan theories always don't work in real life. Anything around 50 in the first PP without Tamim would be awesome.

Tiger444
September 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
I agree with you, but tbh I dont know if Roqib is in form or not? I think he is not in form. Johurul can give you an innings of 30-40 runs per game. but you are right if Roqib is in form he'll be the first choice for # 4

Its still too early to say really if Raqib is in form or not..its funny because some people wanted Raqib far away from the team after the drama he caused but after 1 solid innings people are saying he's in form..I say let's give him this series and see if he can repeat the England performance..if he scores 2 50's in the series then it's safe to say he's in form..but the main thing is that he has scored big in international cricket while Jahurul has not yet so Raqib gets the nod at #4..

lamisa
September 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
it would be really sad to see either jahurul or rokib not get called up...

shakibrulz
September 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
shakibrulz I believe Jahurul is a very solid batsman as well but the problem right now is where do you put him when Tamim comes back? Imrul's got the opener spot locked down pretty much..Zunaed at #3 has been doin good so far and Raqib has been a consistent batsman at #4 so I honestly don't know where Jahurul could play..maybe if Mahmudullah and Naeem continue to struggle then he could play as a finisher but I much rather have him play in the top order..I think he'll make the squad but I have doubts he's gonna play that many games unless Imrul/Rock/Zunaed struggle..

He can easily replaced Mahmudullah/Mushy. He and Junaid are ones who bat sensibly and at good pace without going for ugly slogs.

M.H.Rubel
September 24, 2010, 01:30 PM
My team:
1.Imrul
2.Jahurul
3.Junaid
4.Rock
5.Riyad
6.Shakib
7.Mushy/Naeem
8.suhrawardy
9.Mash
10.Raj
11.Shafiul
*no more tradition of playing wt 8 batsman.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

lamisa
September 25, 2010, 08:28 AM
^^^i like ur lineup since we can have both rok and jahurul!

dolcevita
September 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
Nz played the tri series in sri lanka without Vettori and co now against us he is back ... Greedy Vetto wanna improves his average
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
September 26, 2010, 05:03 AM
^^^^he has a deadly average against us,16.something!he also has a good average against srilanka who are good players of spin...

simon
September 26, 2010, 05:16 AM
it would be really sad to see either jahurul or rokib not get called up...

ya,they both are reliable.
i blve both will play all 5 games.

riankhan
September 26, 2010, 05:24 PM
shakibrulz I believe Jahurul is a very solid batsman as well but the problem right now is where do you put him when Tamim comes back? Imrul's got the opener spot locked down pretty much..Zunaed at #3 has been doin good so far and Raqib has been a consistent batsman at #4 so I honestly don't know where Jahurul could play..

পড়তে বেশ ভাল লাগলো
মধুর সমসসা :-p

lamisa
September 27, 2010, 07:01 AM
^^^competition for number 4 position between,ash,rok and jahurul!hahahaha,ei competition e ashrafool dudh bhat!