PDA

View Full Version : Javed Omar Belim Interview on PA: " I AM NOT STEVE WAUGH or IMRAN KHAN"

al-Sagar
September 22, 2010, 10:41 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_09_23/content_zoom/2010_09_23_23_2_b.jpg

bujhee kom
September 22, 2010, 10:52 PM
I feel for Javed Omar. I wish him all best always!

al-Sagar
September 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
summary ....

Javed Omar is not even in the 30 man squad of DHAKA for the upcoming NCL. when asked about omission he told, he was surprised and disappointed. the season before last year he performed well. had one century and about 600 runs. last season he was in the squad but not selected for a game despite performing well the season before.

when asked about his future thoughts he told that he is a professional cricketer so he will be looking to play cricket and perform. he would look to perform get back in the NCL team.

when asked about retirement he told he is not imran or steve and cricket is not govt service. he is not thinking of retirement unless he feels he is not fit anymore.

when asked about chances of national team he told that its not his concern now. at first his concern will be getting chances in domestic team. then if he can perform in domestics he will consider national team.

when asked about DPL he told last season he was captain of kalabagan and although kalabagan still havent made any contact with him he expects to be in the kalabagan team this season

shakibrulz
September 22, 2010, 11:13 PM
OMG he's still playing cricket?

max410
September 23, 2010, 12:21 AM
jAVED omar AND imrul kayes BOTH ARE SAME CATEGORY AND SAME STYLE BATSMEN BOTH ARE PERFECT FOR TEST AND FIRST CLASS MATCHES NOT ONE DAY OR T20 , THE PROBLEM IS NOT HIS FORM THE PROBLEM IS TOO MANY YOUNGSTERS ARE COMING UP AND DOING WELL THESE DAYS SO SENIORS HARDLY GET CHANCE TO PLAY .

shakibrulz
September 23, 2010, 12:47 AM
jAVED omar AND imrul kayes BOTH ARE SAME CATEGORY AND SAME STYLE BATSMEN BOTH ARE PERFECT FOR TEST AND FIRST CLASS MATCHES NOT ONE DAY OR T20 , THE PROBLEM IS NOT HIS FORM THE PROBLEM IS TOO MANY YOUNGSTERS ARE COMING UP AND DOING WELL THESE DAYS SO SENIORS HARDLY GET CHANCE TO PLAY .

Imrul is better than Omar if you ask me.

Nocturnal
September 23, 2010, 01:14 AM
JO still makes new thread - surprise to see!! :)

Eshen
September 23, 2010, 01:47 AM
Surprised that there is no mention of considering an alternative career. Even an young guy like Rajin started his education as a coach (as there is no possibility of his returning to the national team as a player). I guess JO does not see himself fit to take up a mentor role (or that he inherited too much wealth to worry about his future).

Ajfar
September 23, 2010, 07:07 AM
really eshen bhai rajin is taking coaching courses? I had no idea
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

yaseer
September 23, 2010, 07:59 AM
Surprised that there is no mention of considering an alternative career. Even an young guy like Rajin started his education as a coach (as there is no possibility of his returning to the national team as a player). I guess JO does not see himself fit to take up a mentor role (or that he inherited too much wealth to worry about his future).

Really? I am surprised!!

roman
September 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
I thought he retired and opened up a sports clothing store. I guess I was wrong

lamisa
September 23, 2010, 10:35 AM
he has some health problems,so maybe that's why he isn't thinking of having an on-field career after retiring from playing cricket

jawaherul
September 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
I feel really sad for Golla. He was a very committed national team player. I have also seen him practicing in the BUET field and there again he was very committed. Unlike many of you, I preserve a special place of love and respect for him in my heart as I do for many other tigers.

HereWeGo
September 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
I shall never forget Golla cuz the first time i went to stadium to watch a cricket match as a kid, Golla scored 50 runs for the bangladesh u19 side against Windies U19 side and bangladesh won that match. If my memory serves me right I believe Rokon and Durjoy played for the same U19 team.

However i never thought he was national team material, surprised to find that he is not even first division material anymore...

Rifat
September 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
this man is one of the key survivors of the Dark age of Bangladesh Cricket, a time when players would come in and come out from the national team on a consistent basis.

wait a minute, according to ZeeshanM, that dark age is NOW....:confused: :timeout:

Best fo wishes to him!

ammark
September 23, 2010, 04:37 PM
Imagine that! Chacha and Golla still haunting the BC forum after so much controversy through their careers.

Proof that immortality exists!

FagunerAgun
September 23, 2010, 07:21 PM
Feel sorry for the current situation.

Wish you the best of luck to your future endeavours.

Baundule
September 24, 2010, 02:52 AM
I like Golla, because he knows his limitations and within that he has scored a lot of runs. He has been a consistent performer in the domestic circuit over the years. He is a hard working man, a great fielder even at the international level. A big salute to this devoted cricketer of Bangladesh.

_Rafi_
September 24, 2010, 05:08 AM
really eshen bhai rajin is taking coaching courses? I had no idea
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Rajin take part in some cricket coaching programme, I think level 1 coaching programme. He is now running a cricket academy in Sylhet. Here is the FB group link of his academy
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124997671783

Rabz
September 24, 2010, 05:12 AM
Golla is still 30, right ?

Naimul_Hd
September 24, 2010, 05:27 AM
I like Golla, because he knows his limitations and within that he has scored a lot of runs. He has been a consistent performer in the domestic circuit over the years. He is a hard working man, a great fielder even at the international level. A big salute to this devoted cricketer of Bangladesh.

fully agreed. He may not be a highly talented player, but his attitude, passion for the game were praiseworthy.

And dnt forget, he holds the record of "batting through the innings on Debut test match" for Bangladesh with 85 runs against Zim (if i am not mistaken). Only 2 other players could ever do so along with him in the history of Test matches.

:notworthy:

lamisa
September 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
life is cruel.his exclusion from divisional cricket this season may sound cruel to a lot of you, however think about it from this angle,if he retained his spot,an even better,younger player could have missed out and it would have been cruel on him as well...

auntu
September 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
[বাংলা]বুঝলাম না। গোল্লা কিন্তু আসলেই ২০০৮ এর এনসিএলে ভালো করেছিলো।
কেইসটা কি?

তবে এই বয়েসেও সুতা পাকানোর ক্ষমতা দেখে আমি ম-গ-ধ (মুগ্ধ)[/বাংলা]

Shehwar
September 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
I have a lot of respect for JO and always admired his attitude and how he always hung in there! Best wishes and lots of respect! He had his limitations but probably one of the most dedicated Babgladeshi cricketers ever ...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tiger444
September 24, 2010, 07:19 PM
JO might have not been very talented but knew his limitations well..he might've seemed like a pathetic player but average wise he's similar to Ash and we all know who gets more praise..if I were JO I would retire and try to become a coach..he could become a solid coach..best of luck to JO..

FagunerAgun
September 24, 2010, 07:37 PM
In addition to his reliable and rigorous Test batting, at the end of his tenure in the national team, JO was playing in the ODIs as well, his stroke rate was going up pretty well and BD was batting 50 overs in those days.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=He was thrown away the way M I Rana was, I point my fingers to JS who was watching the batting practice of JO at Mirpur Stadium one day, at one point JO was awkwardly run out, and then, unfortunately, JO fell at the fury of JS as M I Rana was of Whatmore. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I never appreciate JS’s attitude towards JO.

lamisa
September 25, 2010, 08:16 AM
^^^bhai,she chaileo ekhon team e chance pabe na.he left the national team just at the right time

max410
September 25, 2010, 11:26 AM
Imrul is better than Omar if you ask me.

i do agree with you bro the fact is many youngsters are coming up thats the reason why he is not getting chance in the team

bujhee kom
September 25, 2010, 02:34 PM
Dads what happened to Javed Omar's Puma Shoes business? Javed-er na Jutar business chilo!!

lamisa
September 26, 2010, 04:55 AM
^^^ekhono choltese mone hoy.she na ki jani bollo nijer business niye...

BANFAN
September 27, 2010, 12:29 AM
There is no place for Golla in National team, complete wastage of space ...

lamisa
September 27, 2010, 06:44 AM
^^^don't be so harsh on the poor guy...

samircreep
September 27, 2010, 08:09 AM
fully agreed. He may not be a highly talented player, but his attitude, passion for the game were praiseworthy.

And dnt forget, he holds the record of "batting through the innings on Debut test match" for Bangladesh with 85 runs against Zim (if i am not mistaken). Only 2 other players could ever do so along with him in the history of Test matches.

:notworthy:

It was against SA when Ntini was in full force

roman
September 27, 2010, 08:29 AM
It was against SA when Ntini was in full force

I think it was against Zim, not against SA

auntu
September 28, 2010, 01:08 PM
I think it was against Zim, not against SA
It was definitely against ZIM.