PDA

View Full Version : Following Siddiqur Rahman: Bangladesh's golfing star

Pages : [1] 2

cricman
October 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
http://www.asiantour.com/index.aspx
Siddikur Rahman of Bangladesh put himself in prime position to secure a second Asian Tour victory by taking the third-round lead in the Mercuries Taiwan Masters on Saturday.

Barely a month since becoming the first Bangladeshi to win on the Asian Tour, Siddikur registered a superb five-under-par 67 for a one-stroke lead with a three-day total of five-under-par 211 at the Taiwan Golf and Country Club.

Thailand’s Pariya Junhasavasdikul, who is one of the most consistent players on the Asian Tour this season, stayed in touch with the leader with a 70 for a 212 total at the 500,000-dollar Asian Tour event.

South Africa’s Peter Karmis, who won his maiden Asian Tour title at the Handa Singapore Classic last month, posted a 71, two off the pace while Taiwan’s Chan Yih-shin and Lu Wei-chih, a former Mercuries Taiwan Masters Champion, lie in tied fourth place on a 216 total.

Asian legend Hsieh Min-nan of Taiwan, who at the age of 70 years and 53 days emerged as the oldest golfer on the Asian Tour to make the halfway cut, posted a solid 75 for a 226 total.

Siddikur made the turn in 32 and carded his only blemish of the round on hole 10 but recovered with birdies on holes 13 and 15.

‘This is my best round so far and it was good. I got off to a good start and my ball striking was as good as yesterday. Everything just clicked for me,’ said Siddikur, who learned the game by fashioning his first golf club with a seven iron head on a piece of metal rod.

Pariya has four top-10s so far this season and he hopes to translate his impressive form into a victory tomorrow. The 26-year-old turned in 34 highlighted by an eagle on the par five seventh hole after his seven iron approach shot flew for about 165 yards before landing four feet from the pin.

He was disappointed not to take advantage in the back nine where he posted nine straight pars.

‘There was nothing else I could do because I gave myself enough opportunities and I just couldn’t go lower,’ said the graduate from Purdue University in the United States.

‘My eagle was one of those lucky shots because I was aiming for the edge of the green but it somehow landed near the pin.’ If he wins this he'll have an outside chance to Qualify for the Asian Tour HSBC Championship next month, The Best Golfers of the World (Tiger, Phil, Ernie and everyone else in the Top 25 World Ranking) play in this event.

How to Qualiy for the HSBC Championshi (http://www.hsbcgolf.com/who-is-qualifying.html)

If he wins this event, he'll move up to 12 or 13 in the Money list (Order of Merit) if he finshes 3-5 he'll be around 15th

http://www.asiantour.com/oom.aspx (Order of Merit), he's currently 28th, if he wants to Qualify for the HSBC he'll have to get to 7th or 8th on the list with one event before the cut off date.

His Next Event will be the2010 ISKANDAR JOHOR OPEN (http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20100930670685387261) - Monty(Ryder Cup Captain), Gooseen (2X U.S Open Champ) , KJ Choi (defending Champ) & Paddy Harrington (3X Major Winner) will play in the Event

Good Luck Siddiqur Tomorrow and next week.

This is Exciting for me, I Cant Imagine how excited he must feel

Habib
October 2, 2010, 08:58 PM
Go Siddikur!

Naimul_Hd
October 2, 2010, 09:53 PM
Best of luck for the next round and make us proud once again !!

http://www.asiantour.com/atgallery/20101002575146602337_300.jpg

Naimul_Hd
October 2, 2010, 09:55 PM
Here is point table !

http://www.asiantour.com/result.aspx?rnd_caption=Round%203%20results&rnd_event=20091208377019988912

cricman
October 3, 2010, 12:14 AM
If you want updates

http://twitter.com/asiantourgolf

Up 1 w/ 14 to play

Miraz
October 3, 2010, 02:53 AM
He bogyed 17th hole and finished on 2 under. Has to play a single hole play off to take the title.

cricman
October 3, 2010, 02:54 AM
He's in a Sudden Death Playoff

Good News for Siddikur is that he won his maiden event in a playoff, while his opponent hasn't won yet

cricman
October 3, 2010, 03:01 AM
looks bleek for Siddikur :(

He has to scramble for Par it looks like

Finishing 2nd would still get him close to 11th on the Order of Merit

He finishes 2nd, good result if he can get another Top 5 in the next event he should get in HSBC World Golf Event

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 04:51 AM
Siddikur loses in play-off:-(:-(:-(

Equinox
October 3, 2010, 07:23 AM
Damn :(

Tigers_eye
October 3, 2010, 07:23 AM
Congrats Siddiqur!! He is really good.

FagunerAgun
October 3, 2010, 09:27 AM
Wow! Congrats...Siddiqur....next time you will do better.

Habib
October 3, 2010, 09:53 AM
He will make it to the top inshallah. MMW.

cricman
October 17, 2010, 07:22 AM
This is a Huge Accomplishment!

Congrats to Siddikur, for finishing T-13th in the Johor Open (Paddy Harrington Won btw) and Just barely holding onto 11th place on the Money List, now next week He's going to play his 1st ever USPGA sanctioned event, it's in Asia

CIMB Asia Pacific Classic ** (http://www.asiantour.com/event.aspx?event_sid=20100518114426285114)

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r494/

** Joint-sanctioned event between Asian and US PGA Tours

it's the 1st one of it's kind ever, top 25 players from the Fedex pts and the Top 10 Asian players and 5 Sponser Exemptions.

He gets on #11 because K.J Choi hasn't played enough events on the Asian Tour

In fact, only the top 10 golfers will get an automatic place at the CIMB. However, with fourth ranked K.J. Choi of Korea playing just three events, failing to meet the five-event requirement, the 11th ranked golfer will be chosen.

And Siddikur os going to play in 2 more High Profile Tournaments after this one

For example, Bangladesh's Siddikur won the $300,000 Brunei Open in August and he's now eligible to compete in many of the biggest events this year such as the Iskandar Johor Open, UBS Hong Kong Open and Barclays Singapore Open

cricman
October 27, 2010, 09:27 PM
Siddikur about to tee off in a minute, here's his personalized scorecard if you wanna follow

http://www.pgatour.com/players/03/47/07/scorecards/2010/r494.html

Tigers_eye
October 28, 2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the link. He is doing great. Within the first half of the 40 men list.

Miraz
October 28, 2010, 04:13 AM
He finished on 2 under par. Quite a good achievement in the first round. He showed more promise initially but could not build on to that. I hope he will be consistent in the 2nd round.

mac
October 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
Good to see he is doing good. Unfortunately I know very little about this game.

Zunaid
October 28, 2010, 09:12 AM
Tied for 20th. Not bad considering who else is in this tour.

Ernie Els, Luke Donald and Retief Goosen amongst others..

Zunaid
October 29, 2010, 05:59 AM
Stays in the hunt, a 3 under par round 2 for a total of 5 under.

Miraz
October 29, 2010, 08:30 AM
He is doing exceptionally well considering he trurned pro only last year.

His progress is comparable to any one from the elite golf countries. I hope he can continue his rise and get the chance to play in more PGA sanctioned tours.

cricman
October 29, 2010, 08:53 AM
He's going to get a nice little paycheck here, good for him. He deserves it

From everything i've read, he's not a big hitter can't reach Par 5's in 2, thats why you see him Make Pars on those and a dropping a few shots on those holes, when the other guys make Birdie. He's young he can always put some muscle on and fix that part

He's very accurate, hits the ball straight and he's a fantastic short Irons player and can really get it close. He's said him self he's got some putting problems he's likes the putts from 15 feet than 6 feet because he tends to miss those.

He usually makes his move on Saturday, If he gets hot with the putter he can get score low

After a Google search look what I found

Scott said: "It was a fun day to watch him play, obviously the first Bangladeshi to play on Tour, anywhere in the world I think. He's been really successful this year and it's great to see. He's got a really solid game. He's not long but hits it very straight and that's something I'm very jealous of. He looks like he's got a good attitude. I'm sure he's got a bright future if he keeps his confidence up."

Siddikur can take great pride in his battling display so far as he goes into the weekend rounds ahead of many top stars, including four-time PGA Tour champion Robert Allenby of Australia, two-time US Open champion Retief Goosen of South Africa, Korea's K.J. Choi and Y.E. Yang, Asia's first Major champion.

The 26-year-old said he was over the moon when he saw his pairing with Scott. "I was so happy when I saw my pairing because he is one of the most famous golfers in the world. I enjoyed playing with him a lot. I usually don't talk much when I'm playing but I was very chatty with Adam. I told him a lot about Bangladesh and it was nice to talk to him," said Siddikur.
http://www.espnstar.com/golf/asian-tour/news/detail/item522444/Siddikur-wows-Scott-in-Malaysia/

FagunerAgun
October 29, 2010, 08:16 PM
All the best, Siddique.

cricman
October 30, 2010, 08:55 AM
Shot a Bogey Free 6 under 65, Fantastic Round

If the leader has some Sunday Jitters and comes back to the pack, you never know what can happen

Zunaid
October 30, 2010, 09:14 AM
He came on strong on the back 8. He is definitely in the running now.

Habib
October 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
What's his position now?

_Rafi_
October 30, 2010, 09:53 AM
wow...he is at no8!

Habib
October 30, 2010, 10:01 AM
wow...he is at no8!

Really wow. That's a big jump. 6 birdies today. Siddikur is the real deal. Carry on Siddik!

Miraz
October 30, 2010, 04:26 PM
This is superb golf from Siddikur.

He has the quality to sustain at top level for long time. I hope he can sustain the pressure on the final day and create another history.

ialbd
October 30, 2010, 05:34 PM
nah Siddique dekhi golf shikhay chharbe shobaire..... dekhi wiki page tay ki ase....

Miraz
October 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
nah Siddique dekhi golf shikhay chharbe shobaire..... dekhi wiki page tay ki ase....

A useful page on basic rules of golf.

http://www.golfeurope.com/almanac/golf_rules.htm

It's fairly easy to understand golf.

Equinox
October 30, 2010, 07:08 PM
Just realised he finished tied 2nd for the day! He is comfortably ahead of Arjun Atwal, the highest ranked golfer in the subcontienent. So can we claim him as the best in South Asia? I realise it would be unfair to put so much pressure on him but he could be huge. I just hope the media back home start giving him due attention. It was disappointing to see that no one other than his sponsors greeted him at the airport.

Equinox
October 30, 2010, 07:20 PM
^And btw Atwal moved to the US in his teens and picked up golf while there while Siddique is pure homegrown.

Naimul_Hd
October 30, 2010, 08:00 PM
So can we claim him as the best in South Asia? .

He is definitely one of the best !!!

Habib
October 30, 2010, 08:49 PM
The best in South asia is Jibon Milkha Singh. But ofcourse Siddik can surpass him.

_Rafi_
October 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
Are rakhen subcontinent...he is going to be one of the best of the world in 5 years time inshallah. Ernie Else behind him atm!

nahaz
October 30, 2010, 11:38 PM
I somehow managed to hear about this PGA tournament in Asia and Siddiqur through Prothom-Alo. He is really doing great! Look at all the golfers behind him- Ernie Els, Robert Allenby and every other Aussie golfer except Adam Scott who is on par:D with him. Even the Indian golfer..who you guys are telling me grew up in the US. So its a really big acheivement. I hope he finishes in the top 5 considering the talent in the tour. Based on form, he would current kick Tiger's ***:D.

I hope to see him in the US PGA in the next couple of years and maybe the Australian Open next year. By the way, what would he have to do to qualify for US Open and Australian Open?

I starting golf soon as my exams finish. Maybe that's my one taltent:)

GO Siddiqur!!

Zunaid
October 30, 2010, 11:51 PM
He is currently #11 through 8 and just -1 for today. he does come son strongly at the back 8 so maybe he will pull himself up to top 10. It;s probably between Crane, Donald or Barnes.

Guess who is #12 behind Siddiqur? Ernie Els.

Miraz
October 31, 2010, 02:56 AM
A bogee at 15 derailed his chase. He could have ended at 5th position on -14, but the bogey pushed him back to T11 on -13.

Excellent performance in his first ever PGA Tour. I hope he gets invitation for more PGA tour. It is learning time for him.

Zunaid
October 31, 2010, 02:57 AM
He did well finishing equal #11, 13 under ahead of many top golfers. He is coming into some serious money ....

Well done! Keep making us proud...

http://www.pgatour.com/players/03/47/07/scorecards/2010/r494.html

nahaz
October 31, 2010, 03:50 AM
A bogee at 15 derailed his chase. He could have ended at 5th position on -14, but the bogey pushed him back to T11 on -13.

Excellent performance in his first ever PGA Tour. I hope he gets invitation for more PGA tour. It is learning time for him.

If he didn't get that bogey, we could've said "congrats on the legendary start to your career". To come No. 11 is still fantastic. I wonder how many golfers started their PGA career with a top 10 or top 5 finishes? ANyone know what Siddiqur is getting as prizemoney? All I know is $6M tourney, with $1M for first position and 40 players in total. Btw, top 25 PGA players played here, so he beat about 10-12 of them. 2nd amongst Asians, with a Singaporian clearing him by one shot.

Sohel
October 31, 2010, 06:21 AM
Best of luck for the next round and make us proud once again !!

http://www.asiantour.com/atgallery/20101002575146602337_300.jpg

Good golfer. OUTSTANDING considering the fact that he's locally grown. Resembles Bulbul. Could be his long lost cousin.

cricman
October 31, 2010, 11:22 AM
If he didn't get that bogey, we could've said "congrats on the legendary start to your career". To come No. 11 is still fantastic. I wonder how many golfers started their PGA career with a top 10 or top 5 finishes? ANyone know what Siddiqur is getting as prizemoney? All I know is $6M tourney, with $1M for first position and 40 players in total. Btw, top 25 PGA players played here, so he beat about 10-12 of them. 2nd amongst Asians, with a Singaporian clearing him by one shot.
Pretty Expensive Bogey

By Finishing 11th he picked up a Check of 121,000 USD, had he not made that bogey he would have had a check of 240,000 USD.

He said it wasn't about the money but about the experience and said next year he'll go to Q-School in the US

Anyways he's got 2 more high profile events in Nov, w/ some serious cash to be made

_Rafi_
October 31, 2010, 02:43 PM
Congrats Sid! We are proud of your achievement.

ialbd
October 31, 2010, 05:11 PM
cant express how happy Siddiq made me.....

his ambitions and indifference towards prize money makes him even bigger....

MohammedC
October 31, 2010, 06:28 PM
Well done Siddikur Rahman. I understand bits and pieces of golf. Never played the game bit too expensive for me.

"Sid" needs a nick name. (I dont like calling Siddikur "Sid")

uss01
October 31, 2010, 10:27 PM
Haha, if he does make it to the top 10 list in the world, people will say he looks like Vijay Singh (remember him from Fiji?). :)

Good golfer. OUTSTANDING considering the fact that he's locally grown. Resembles Bulbul. Could be his long lost cousin.

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 05:49 AM
Haha, if he does make it to the top 10 list in the world, people will say he looks like Vijay Singh (remember him from Fiji?). :)

Vijay probably the first indian origin golf star I could remember. Siddikur does look a bit like him but more like Bulbul

_Rafi_
November 1, 2010, 01:34 PM
<div class="conarea nobdr">

<span class="newsdate">
Tuesday, November 2, 2010<div style="float:right">Sports</div> </span>
<fieldset>
<h2></h2>
<h1>Siddikur might face Tiger Woods</h1>
<h3></h3>
</fieldset>
<div class="leadnews"><span class="byline">Sports Reporter</span></div><p>Bangladesh's new sensation Siddikur Rahman may have a chance to rub shoulders with golfing luminaries like Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson when he leaves for Shanghai today to take part in the US dollar 7 million HSBC World Golf Championship to be held from November 4-7.</p><p>After a hugely successful tournament in Malaysia, Siddikur is set to continue his astronomical rise in the game if he gets a chance to swing his club in the top class tournament to be held at the eastern China city. </p><p>Unfortunately, his participation is not guaranteed since he is not pencilled in as a scheduled starter but only placed first on the waiting list.</p><p>Siddikur however saw no reason to be downbeat.</p><p>“I am very confident and I look forward to meet and gain experience from renowned golfers around the world.</p><p>“I ask everyone to pray for my success,” he continued. </p><p>After the World Golf Championship Siddikur will also participate in the Barclays Singapore Open from 11-14 November (USD 6 million purse) and the UBS Hong Kong Open from 18-21 November (USD 2.5 million purse). </p><p>Both of these tournaments are co-sanctioned by the European &amp; Asian Tour.</p> </div>

Habib
November 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
^Great news. I hope he gets the chance to kick Tiger's ***.

cricman
November 1, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thats a WCG event, It's one of the Top 10 Events in the World, Hopefully somebody will pull out sick and if he does get to play hopefully he finishes 2nd to Tiger or Tiger finishes 2nd to him :) ... I'm still huge Tiger fan, without Tiger theres no 7 million dollar purses etc. When he retires alot of money is going to leave golf

DS is stealing all the info from this Thread

Some Tiger Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4y8BxCmlI - 17th Hole in Players
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1I55z-x6zc - 16th Hole Masters

_Rafi_
November 1, 2010, 03:01 PM
Btw Tiger Woods no more no.1...the other Woods from West currently ranked no.1.

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 05:43 PM
Watch out for Siddikur Rahman live on telly.
Sky Sports3 in UK will broadcast the tournament live from Thusday 04th November 0400 to 1200 . And Singapore Open starting on 11/11/11

Zunaid
November 1, 2010, 05:53 PM
I should go see him at the Singapore open..

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 06:11 PM
Clip in You tube an NTV interview before the last tournament.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-yt8-pLOtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e0 0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-yt8-pLOtY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e0 0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Zunaid
November 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
Did the reporter pronounce his name "chhiddikur" the first time? He seems to be eloquent enough and a confident chap. That will take him far.

Equinox
November 2, 2010, 07:30 AM
Really hope he gets to play. This tournament will give a proper indication of where he stands among the very best.

Miraz
November 2, 2010, 04:07 PM
Really hope he gets to play. This tournament will give a proper indication of where he stands among the very best.

The chance is very slim. PGA has published the list of players for this tournament today and he is not there.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r489/field.html

_Rafi_
November 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
Its official. He is not playing!
http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r489/

MohammedC
November 4, 2010, 05:57 AM
^Lets hope he plays in next weeks tournament in Singapore

nahaz
November 11, 2010, 03:38 AM
Siddiqur on -1 after 9 holes in Round 1 of the Singapore Open. Slow start considering there are 51 players in front of him and that there will be cut-offs after Round 2 of this fairly prestigeous event.

Hope he shows his form from the last tourney very soon.Also, if he makes it to the Saturday I can watch him live on tv :)

Zunaid
November 11, 2010, 05:29 AM
He is -3 after 14. He did move up, now tied for 34th. The cut is 65 so he is in the running for now.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20101111846513644811&event_sid=20091208642027544477

Miraz
November 11, 2010, 05:37 AM
He is -3 after 14. He did move up, now tied for 34th. The cut is 65 so he is in the running for now.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20101111846513644811&event_sid=20091208642027544477

he is now tied for 32nd. Cut will be decided after round 2. He is doing pretty well and I expect him to avoid the cut.

Sky is showing Singapore open live but I could not see his golf today. All focus was on Phil Mickelson and Miguel Angel Jiminez.

Miraz
November 11, 2010, 06:07 AM
He finished on 4 under par. He has Phil Mickelson as company and tied for 25th. :)

Brilliant start.

_Rafi_
November 11, 2010, 06:15 AM
Star Sports is showing live it in Bangladesh.

nahaz
November 11, 2010, 07:15 AM
He fired in two bogeys in addtion to 6 birdies. If he managed to avoid 1 of those bogies, he'd be equal 8th. I am hoping he ends up in the top 10 in this tournament. I am sure he is thinking top 3.

He is the forefather of our golf, like Niaz Morshed was in Chess for South-East Asia. Let's hope he is a much greater success story...wouldn't be bad finishing ahead of Phil Mickelson. Still very early, but he's bankable.

MohammedC
November 11, 2010, 01:29 PM
he is now tied for 32nd. Cut will be decided after round 2. He is doing pretty well and I expect him to avoid the cut.

Sky is showing Singapore open live but I could not see his golf today. All focus was on Phil Mickelson and Miguel Angel Jiminez.

Just watched the highlights. As Miraz bhai said all focus was on Mickelson,Jimenez and few other top players. Hopefully tomorrow he tee off with one of the top players.

Just browsing through the news.
Apparently they are playing in 2 different course because of 4 hour delay due to severe weather.
108 players yet to to finish their 1st round.

Tanjong Golf course where the 2 leaders played was easier according to the news and Sky commentary.

Serapong course was bit harder.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/euro/2010-11-11-singapore-open_N.htm

Siddikur is on the easier course.

MohammedC
November 12, 2010, 04:27 AM
http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010078/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Siddikur yet to T off. Probably another rain interupted day at Singapore. If he can repeat his yesterdays performance he will be with the top 10 leaderboard.

Zunaid
November 12, 2010, 04:28 AM
No rain yet.... That site is not updating well.

He is through 6 last I checked. E for today.

Try this link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/european/leaderboard

MohammedC
November 12, 2010, 05:38 AM
^^^ thanks for the link. He is 1 under today overall 5 under after 9 hole. Joint 26 position.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Shehwar
November 12, 2010, 06:40 AM
I wish I understood golf! Anyways really hope he has a top 10 finish ... So proud!

Miraz
November 12, 2010, 07:06 AM
He currently on -6 and tied for 15th poisition. He is getting better and better.

He is probably avoiding the cut for the first time in a major open.

MohammedC
November 12, 2010, 07:20 AM
4 holes left for Siddik. Hope he birdies couple of those.

Miraz
November 12, 2010, 07:53 AM
The guy who topped round 1 with 9 under par missed the cut after scoring an 8 over par in the second round. Incredible demise!! This is golf for you.

Miraz
November 12, 2010, 07:59 AM
Round 2 is suspended due to darkness and will resume tomorrow morning. Siddikur was in the middle of a fine run. Hopefully he will continue his fine run of form tomorrow. Good luck!

Naimul_Hd
November 12, 2010, 09:07 AM
thanks miraz bhai for updates !!!

Habib
November 12, 2010, 09:53 AM
The guy who topped round 1 with 9 under par missed the cut after scoring an 8 over par in the second round. Incredible demise!! This is golf for you.

Match fixing? :P

_Rafi_
November 12, 2010, 11:19 PM
Bad day for Siddik:-(:-(

MohammedC
November 13, 2010, 02:42 AM
Bad day for Siddik:-(:-(

Very bad day for him. 1 over par after 3 round.

MohammedC
November 14, 2010, 03:18 AM
Siddikur doing reasonably well today. 3 under for the day after 5 hole.

Zunaid
November 14, 2010, 03:20 AM
Tied for 42 .... he started on the back 9.

MohammedC
November 14, 2010, 04:03 AM
Just saw on Sky Sports. Play suspened for the day because of rain. They will resume tomorrow.

Zunaid
November 14, 2010, 05:01 AM
Yeah ... we had some pretty nasty thunderstorms...

Miraz
November 14, 2010, 07:19 AM
Siddikur had a remarkable day today. 7 Birdies out of 11 holes. I can't recall a similar scoreline in any major competition for a long time. Too bad play has been suspended. He suffered in early start yesterday. I hope he does better tomorrow.

cricman
November 14, 2010, 05:26 PM
I don't want to jinx anything, he's got a chance at reaching one of Golf's Immortal numbers, 7 Holes and 2 Par 5's ... It's very possible.

Nobody has every shot a 59 in the European Tour ever, so Lets hope for some history

MohammedC
November 14, 2010, 07:24 PM
-6 after 12th hole. 6 hole to go

Zunaid
November 14, 2010, 09:17 PM
Ends -5. Tied for 24. If he hadn't had such a bad day 3, he would have been near the top. But, this is still a great showing. Do consider who #37 is - someone named Mickelson. It's not over yet but Adam Scott seems to have it in the bag unless he double bogeys or something in the final two holes.

MohammedC
November 15, 2010, 06:37 AM
after the horrid 3 rd round he came back really well and moved up 39 place.

<TABLE id=lbl><TBODY><TR id=37713 class="o 37713"><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8592"></TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_ban.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+39</TD><TD class=b>T25</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8796">SIDDIKUR, A*</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-5</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-6</TD><TD class="rnd ">67</TD><TD class="rnd ">71</TD><TD class="rnd ">76</TD><TD class="rnd ">65</TD><TD>279</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=2928 class="e 2928"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8593">1</TD><TD class=t15>7</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_esp.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+17</TD><TD class=b>T8</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8797">JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-10</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-5</TD><TD class="rnd ">66</TD><TD class="rnd ">71</TD><TD class="rnd ">71</TD><TD class="rnd ">66</TD><TD>274</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=33070 class="o 33070"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8594">1</TD><TD class=o115>343</TD><TD>527</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_swe.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+4</TD><TD class=b>T3</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8798">KARLBERG, Rikard</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-13</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD class="rnd ">64</TD><TD class="rnd ">70</TD><TD class="rnd ">70</TD><TD class="rnd ">67</TD><TD>271</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=34503 class="e 34503"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8595">1</TD><TD class=o60>98</TD><TD>306</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_arg.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+18</TD><TD class=b>T54</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8799">GOYA, Tano*</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>+1</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-4</TD><TD class="rnd ">70</TD><TD class="rnd ">69</TD><TD class="rnd ">79</TD><TD class="rnd ">67</TD><TD>285</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=30717 class="o 30717"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8596">1</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_aus.gif</TD><TD>-</TD><TD class=b>1</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8800">SCOTT, Adam</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-17</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD class="rnd ">65</TD><TD class="rnd ">65</TD><TD class="rnd ">69</TD><TD class="rnd ">68</TD><TD>267</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=1139 class="e 1139"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8597">1</TD><TD class=o15>55</TD><TD>116</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_den.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+3</TD><TD class=b>2</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8801">HANSEN, Anders</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-14</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD class="rnd ">71</TD><TD class="rnd ">66</TD><TD class="rnd ">65</TD><TD class="rnd ">68</TD><TD>270</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=3619 class="o 3619"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8598">1</TD><TD class=o115>118</TD><TD>351</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_rsa.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+6</TD><TD class=b>T8</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8802">HORNE, Keith</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-10</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD class="rnd ">65</TD><TD class="rnd ">72</TD><TD class="rnd ">69</TD><TD class="rnd ">68</TD><TD>274</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=35531 class="e 35531"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8599">1</TD><TD class=o15>50</TD><TD>100</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_eng.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+10</TD><TD class=b>T10</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8803">WOOD, Chris</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-9</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD class="rnd ">63</TD><TD class="rnd ">73</TD><TD class="rnd ">71</TD><TD class="rnd ">68</TD><TD>275</TD><TD class=r></TD></TR><TR id=1721 class="o 1721"><TD class=l></TD><TD class=mk jQuery1289820821680="8600">1</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>176</TD><TD>http://www.europeantour.com/imgml/flags/23x17/flag_jpn.gif</TD><TD class=p>↑+11</TD><TD class=b>T14</TD><TD class="nm 4 europeantour" jQuery1289820821680="8804">MARUYAMA, Shigeki</TD><TD class=ccorange></TD><TD>-8</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>-3</TD><TD class="rnd ">64</TD><TD class="rnd ">74</TD><TD class="rnd ">70</TD><TD class="rnd ">68</TD><TD>276</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hong Kong next for Siddikur. He is on the players list.

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20101105227091335879

Ajfar
November 15, 2010, 05:50 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/30rnu5f.jpg

ialbd
November 15, 2010, 06:35 PM
^^^ I hope these staggering income figures encourage more Bangladeshi youths to take up this sports (and not think of some chadabaji idea off Siddiq)..

MohammedC
November 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
Fairytale

Mohammad Siddikur was working as a ball boy at Kurmitola Golf Club in Bangladesh. He worked to support his own studies. Currently still attached to Kurmitola Golf Club but is now an honorary member since December 2008 after winning two titles in India.

From Siddikur's profile page.

http://www.asiantour.com/player.aspx?sid=20090228676887609996

Nadim
November 16, 2010, 12:11 PM
Siddik ends on a high

Siddikur Rahman bagged a handsome $57,900 after his astonishing performance in the fourth and final round of the Barclays Singapore Open on Monday.
Despite a gallant effort in the last round, Siddik finished in the 25th position jointly with six golfers. After resuming the remaining seven holes on Monday morning the only blemish he did was at the fourth hole where he bogeyed for the first time in the last round.
Siddik has now become the highest earning sportsperson in Bangladesh, having already pocketed $3,19,249 (Tk 2.25 crore approx). Siddik has flown to Hong Kong to take part in the $2.5 million UBS Hong Kong Open which gets under way on November 18.
‘I do not play only for the prize money, it is a natural consequence if you play well, I’m just enjoying my game and trying to enhance my skills and learn few things from the world’s best golfers,’ Siddik told reporters.
Siddik remains in the
Top 10 of the Asian Tour’s order of merit, only a few players from the Asian Top 10 made it to the top 30 in the Barclays Singapore Open.

Newagebd:

:bravo:

roman
November 16, 2010, 12:18 PM
"Siddik has now become the highest earning sportsperson in Bangladesh, having already pocketed $3,19,249 (Tk 2.25 crore approx)."

congrats Mr. Siddik. You have made us all very proud. I wish u all the best...

Night_wolf
November 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
^thats a lot of money!!

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2010, 01:57 PM
Contrast that attitude to those of some of the losers we send out to represent us on the cricket field and you know why we suck in cricket.

MohammedC
November 18, 2010, 06:38 AM
Bad start in Hong Kong open. 2 over par for the day.

_Rafi_
November 18, 2010, 10:05 AM
How Siddik is the highest earning sportsperson of BD. Mash got 4-5crore taka from KKR and he got good amount of moneys from BCB and match fees and from Abahani(20lacs+).

Zunaid
November 19, 2010, 04:57 AM
Bad start in Hong Kong open. 2 over par for the day.

He redeems himself today with a -6 round to go -4 overall and tied for 33rd position.

http://www.scoringsolutions.com.hk/livescor.htm

ialbd
November 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
^^^ still havent got used to the golf terms and scoring.... but our Siddiqur really has a thing for making come-backs....

Nadim
November 19, 2010, 11:31 AM
^^^Pretty impressive come back :joy::bravo:

Naimul_Hd
November 19, 2010, 09:30 PM

সিদ্দিকুরের গলফ ক্লাসে (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-20/news/107259)

গলফ এখনো আমাদের দেশে অপরিচিত এক খেলা। যাঁর কারণে এই খেলার পরিচিতি, সেই সিদ্দিকুর রহমানের কাছ থেকে খেলাটা বোঝার চেষ্টা করেছেন দেবব্রত মুখোপাধ্যায়

ঘোর সংকটে পড়ে গেছে প্রথম আলোর ক্রীড়া বিভাগ। সংকট বলে সংকট, রীতিমতো জ্ঞানের সংকট! সংকটে ফেলে দিয়েছেন সিদ্দিকুর রহমান।
এত দিন বেশ চলছিল। কয় বলে এক ওভার, লিওনেল মেসি কোন ক্লাবে খেলেন—এসব জ্ঞান দিয়ে দিব্যি কাজ চলে যাচ্ছিল। কিন্তু কোত্থেকে এক সিদ্দিকুর রহমান এসে উদয় হলেন!

শুরু হলো বিপদ—পার কাকে বলে, স্কোর কম হলেও লোকে ভালো বলে কেন, লাঠিকে কেন ক্লাব বলা হয়; এ রকম অতিপ্রাকৃত সব প্রশ্নের উদয় হওয়া শুরু হলো। গলফ ব্যাপারটা আগেও ছিল। টাইগার উডসের কাহিনি-কেচ্ছা আর গ্রেগ নরম্যানের রোমান্টিক জীবন নিয়ে জ্ঞান থাকলে পাস হয়ে যাচ্ছিল সবাই। কিন্তু এখন উপায়?

এই অজ্ঞানতা, মূঢ়তা নিয়ে আর কত চলা যায়? সত্যি বলি, অজ্ঞানতা নিয়ে আমাদের খুব একটা সমস্যা ছিল না। কিন্তু পাঠক তো আর ‘অজ্ঞান’ নন। রোজ ফোনের পর ফোন, ‘এটা কী লিখলেন ভাই, মানে কী?’ আবার কেউ আরও সরেস। হেসে বলেন, ‘ব্যাপারটা তো আপনারা ঠিক বোঝেননি।’ না, এই অজ্ঞানতার অপমান আর মেনে নেওয়া চলে না।

অতএব, জ্ঞান অর্জনের জন্য রওনা হতে হলো সুদূর চীন দেশে নয়, কুর্মিটোলা গলফ ক্লাবে। শিক্ষক পাওয়া গেছে। জ্ঞানের আলোয় আমাদের আলোকিত করবেন সেই সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। দেশে এর চেয়ে ভালো গলফ-গুরু আর মিলবে কোথায়!
গলফ-গুরুর কাছে পৌঁছাতেই আরেক বিস্ময়। তিনি রীতিমতো হাতে-কলমে (নাকি হাতে-ক্লাবে?) এক শ্রদ্ধাভাজন টেলিভিশন সাংবাদিককে গলফ শেখাচ্ছেন। ছাউনিতে এসে বসে হেসে সিদ্দিকুর বললেন, ‘যে শিখতে চায়, তাকে শেখাতে রাজি আছি। শৌখিন গলফার, সিরিয়াস গলফার থেকে শুরু করে আপনারা; যে আসবেন, সময় থাকলেই গলফ শেখাব।’

তা বেশ! এবার তাহলে আমাদের চক্ষুকর্ণের বিবাদটা ভঞ্জন করুন গুরুদেব? এই যে পার-টার শব্দগুলোকে অনুবাদ করে দিন। তারপর স্কোরের ব্যাপারটা বুঝিয়ে বলুন। সিদ্দিকুর তাঁর মায়াময় হাসি হাসেন, ‘দেখুন, সহজ কথা বলি, গলফ খেলার উদ্দেশ্য হলো বলটাকে গর্তে (ইংরেজিতে হোল) ফেলা। একটা গলফ কোর্সে সাধারণত ১৮টা গর্ত বা হোল থাকে। এখন প্রতিযোগিতাটা হলো, কে কত কম শটে ১৮টা হোলে বল ফেলার কাজ শেষ করতে পারে। প্রতিদিন এক রাউন্ড, মানে ১৮ হোলের খেলা হয়। হয়েছে কি, প্রতিটা গলফ কোর্সে এই শট সংখ্যার একটা আদর্শ মান দাঁড় করানো আছে; এটাকেই বলে পার। মানে, এই কয় শটের মধ্যে ১৮টি গর্তে বল ফেলার কাজটা শেষ করতে পারা উচিত। সাধারণত মানসম্পন্ন গলফ কোর্সে পার হয় ৭১।’

তাহলে স্কোরিংয়ের ব্যাপারটা কী? আর ওই পারের চেয়ে কম, বেশি বলতেই বা কী বোঝায়? সিদ্দিকুর এতক্ষণে বেশ শিক্ষক ‘মুডে’ চলে গেছেন, ‘স্কোরিং হয় পারকে সামনে রেখে। মানে, প্রতি রাউন্ড শেষে হিসাব করা হয়, আপনি ৭১ শটের চেয়ে কম খেললেন, নাকি বেশি খেলে ফেললেন। যারা প্রতিযোগিতায় টিকে থাকে, তারা অবশ্যই পারের চেয়ে কম শট খেলে। দিন শেষে যখন বলা হয় অমুক টু-আন্ডার পার স্কোর করেছে, তার মানে সে দুটো শট কম, অর্থাৎ ৬৯ শটে রাউন্ড শেষ করেছে।

আবার দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ড শেষে দেখা হয়, সে দুই রাউন্ড মিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে কত কম শট খেলেছে। এর পাশাপাশি কিন্তু মোট শটের সংখ্যাও দেওয়া থাকে।

আচ্ছা, এই হোল ইন ওয়ান ব্যাপারটা কী! এ নিয়ে খুব হইচই হয় যে। কে কোথায় হোল ইন ওয়ান করেছেন, তা নিয়ে আলোচনাও হয় কেন? সিদ্দিকুর মজা পেয়ে গেছেন, ‘হোল ইন ওয়ান হলো, এক শটে গর্তে ফেলে দেওয়া। প্রতিটা গর্তের উদ্দেশ্যে বল খেলা শুরু করা হয় টি-অফ থেকে। এখান থেকে সাধারণত ৩ থেকে ৫ শটে গর্তে বল পাঠানো হয়। কিন্তু কেউ অত দূরের গর্তে এক শটে বল ফেলে দিতে পারলে সেটা নিয়ে হইচই হবে না! আমার ক্যারিয়ারে বড় টুর্নামেন্টে তিনবার হোল ইন ওয়ান করেছি। সর্বশেষ করেছি ব্রুনাইতে। ফলাফল তো জানেন।’

হ্যাঁ, তা জানি। সেবার আমাদের জন্য শিরোপা নিয়ে এসেছিলেন সিদ্দিকুর। তাহলে এবার আরেকটু জটিলতা সরল করে দিন। ওই যে ইগল, অস্ট্রিচ, কনডর—এসব পাখির নাম কেন স্কোরিংয়ে আসে!

এবার একটু মুচকি হাসেন সিদ্দিকুর, ‘এগুলো আসলে গলফের একটা নিজস্ব বৈশিষ্ট্য। স্কোরকে বিভিন্ন নামে ডাকা হয়। আর এসব নাম কিন্তু শুধু প্রতি হোলের স্কোরের জন্য। এখানে বলা দরকার, প্রতিটা হোলেরও কিন্তু আলাদা আলাদা পার থাকে। কোনো হোলের ক্ষেত্রে ৩, আবার কোনো ক্ষেত্রে ৫। এখন পারের চেয়ে কেউ যদি ৫ শট কম খেলে গর্তে বল ফেলে দেয়, মানে ৫ পারের হোলে হোল ইন ওয়ান করলে স্কোরটাকে বলে অস্ট্রিস। আবার এক শট কম খেলে গর্তে বল ফেললে বলা হয় ব্রিডল। এভাবে ২, ৩, ৪ শট কম খেলে গর্তে বল ফেললে বলা হবে যথাক্রমে ইগল, অ্যালব্যাট্রস ও কনডর। উল্টোটাও কিন্তু আছে।’

কেমন, কেমন! ‘এই ধরুন, পারের চেয়ে এক শট বেশি খেললে সেটাকে বলা হয় বোগি, দুই শট বেশি খেললে সেটা ডাবল বোগি।’ স্কোরিংয়ের ব্যাপারটা বোধ হয় বোঝা যাচ্ছে। তার পরও কিছু ঝামেলা তো থেকেই গেল।
প্রথম ঝামেলা হলো, এই যে গলফ কোর্সের মধ্যে এখানে ওখানে পানির পুকুর থাকে কেন? ওগুলোতে বল পড়লে কী হয়? সিদ্দিক বুঝিয়ে চলেন, ‘শুধু পানির পুকুর নয়, বালুর ঢিবিও থাকে। এগুলোকে বলা হয় হ্যাজার্ড। সোজা ভাষায় ঝামেলা। পানিতে বল পড়লে সহজ সমাধান—ওই হ্যাজার্ডের পাশে একটা ড্রপ জোন থাকে, ওখানে বল রেখে শট করতে হয়। তবে এর জন্য একটা বাড়তি শট হিসাব করা হয়। বালুর ক্ষেত্রে ঝামেলা হলো, ওখান থেকে বল বের করা খুব কঠিন।’

এবার তাহলে গলফের শট সম্পর্কে একটু বোঝা যাক। ‘শট খুব কঠিন কিছু না। জোরে বলকে গর্তের দিকে উড়িয়ে পাঠিয়ে দেওয়াটাকে বলে ড্রাইভ করা, কাছ থেকে হালকা তুলে মারাকে বলে চিপ করা, আর গর্তটার পাশে যে দারুণ সমান জায়গা থাকে, সেই গ্রিন এলাকা থেকে গর্তে বল ফেলাকে বলে পুটিং।’

সব বোঝা গেল। কিন্তু গলফের লাঠিটাকে ক্লাব কেন বলা হয়? আর ক্লাবগুলো এমন ভিন্ন ভিন্ন আকারের হয় কেন? হাতের কাছ
থেকে একটা গলফ ক্লাব টেনে বের করেন সিদ্দিকুর, ‘যে নামেই ডাকুন, এটা গলফ স্টিক। এমন অনেক ধরনের স্টিক হওয়া সম্ভব। তবে একজন গলফারের কাছে সর্বোচ্চ ১৪টি ক্লাব একসঙ্গে থাকতে পারে। ক্লাবগুলোকে আমরা ভাগ করতে পারি। প্রথমে উডস—বড় মাথার এই ক্লাব দিয়ে ড্রাইভ করা হয়। এরপর আছে আয়রন—এটা দিয়ে গ্রিনের উদ্দেশে বল মাঝারি দূরত্বে পাঠানো হয়। আয়রন অনেক রকমের হতে পারে। দূরত্ব বিবেচনায় বিভিন্ন আয়রন ব্যবহার করা হয়। আয়রন আর উডসের মিশ্রণে “হাইব্রিড” নামের কিছু ক্লাব আছে। আছে চিপার—বুঝতেই পারছেন এগুলো দিয়ে চিপ করা হয়। এরপর আছে পাটার—নামেই পরিচয়। গ্রিনে দাঁড়িয়ে গর্তে বল পুটিং করতে এগুলো ব্যবহার করা হয়।’

প্রশ্নের তো শেষ নেই। আরও কত শত প্রশ্ন মাথায় কিলবিল করছে। একে একে বলারও চেষ্টা করতে করতেই হঠাৎ থেমে যেতে হলো। থামিয়ে দিলেন সিদ্দিকুর রহমান, ‘সত্যি কথা বলি, এভাবে গলফ বোঝা যাবে না।’

তাহলে! এত কষ্টার্জিত জ্ঞানে কাজ হবে না! সিদ্দিকুর প্রাণখোলা হাসি হেসে বলেন, ‘হবে। তবে জ্ঞানটা মনে থাকবে, খেলাটা অনুসরণ করলে। কোর্সে এসে দেখতে পারলে ভালো। নইলে কদিন মন দিয়ে টিভিতে খেলা দেখুন, গুরু ছাড়াই বিদ্যা অর্জন হয়ে যাবে।’

আগে জানলে কুর্মিটোলায় না এসে টিভি অন করে ফেললেই হতো!

MohammedC
November 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
4 under par for the day. 8 under par over all. He moves up to Joint 19.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010080/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Night_wolf
November 20, 2010, 11:02 AM
Go our own tiger woods!!(OK guys just golfing abilities here!...not comparing with anything else!:)..)

Night_wolf
November 20, 2010, 12:52 PM
4 under par for the day. 8 under par over all. He moves up to Joint 19.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010080/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Siddiqur Rahman is the only unranked player in the top 50:flag:

MohammedC
November 21, 2010, 06:52 AM
He finished joint 25. Overall 9 under par.

Naimul_Hd
November 22, 2010, 05:31 AM
thanks for changing the thread title. now it looks appropriate ! :)

Nadim
December 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
Siddikur Rahman produced a spectacular third round score of 5-under-par to move within five shots of the overall leader in the Hero Honda Indian Open golf tournament in New Delhi yesterday.

Siddkur's display at the Delhi Golf Club was the best of the round that put him 5 under-par (211), galloping him to eighth on the overall leaderboard from previous round's 32nd.

South Korean youngster Baek Seuk-hyun was leading the 1.25-million-dollar event with 10-under-par (206) having a one-shot lead over Sweden's Rikard Karlberg, both of whom carded a four-under-par 68 in the third round.

from DS.

keep it up siddique
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Zunaid
December 5, 2010, 03:53 AM
Thanks Nadim.

He is @ #7.

http://www.herohondaindianopen.com/

What he said yesterday:

SIDDIKUR (BAN) – THIRD ROUND 67 (-5), TOTAL 211 (-5)

It was a great day. I had a good sleep yesterday and I was fresh in my mind. Ball striking and putting was excellent. First two days, I was hitting it good as well although not as good as today. The feeling wasn’t good.

I didn’t sleep well the first two nights and slept for 10 hours last night which made a difference.

Yesterday, I hit a few bad drives. My plan today was to play with the three wood. I used the three wood every where except for the 10thhole. You need to keep the ball on the fairway.

I’ll try my best tomorrow. I hope it’s possible to win if I can shoot like today’s score. It’s a good course and you just need to hit fairways and greens.

MohammedC
December 5, 2010, 05:27 AM
http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20101205436247424280&event_sid=20100114844555526276

He finished on joint 5th. 2 bogey on hole 6 and 9. Otherwise he would have finished 2nd

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
চতুর্থ রাউন্ড শেষে ষষ্ঠস্থান (যুগ্মভাবে পঞ্চম) অর্জন করে জিতে নিয়েছেন ২৬ লাখ ৪৪ হাজার টাকা (৩৭,৭৭৫ মার্কিন ডলার)

Rabz
December 5, 2010, 01:15 PM
Congrats to Siddikur.
His rise at the top is very inspiring.
Best of luck to him.

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:20 PM
চতুর্থ রাউন্ড শেষে ষষ্ঠস্থান (যুগ্মভাবে পঞ্চম) অর্জন করে জিতে নিয়েছেন ২৬ লাখ ৪৪ হাজার টাকা (৩৭,৭৭৫ মার্কিন ডলার)

amader polapan gula akhon cricket chaira golf khela na dhore abar!:rolleyes:

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:26 PM
just look at the ranking in different category for siddiqur...mighty impressive!..
http://i52.tinypic.com/sq2rth.jpg

except for the bogey one!..u want to be as far behind in the ranking as u can in that category!:-p

Zunaid
December 8, 2010, 10:26 PM
Siddiqur one of the contenders for the Johnie Walker Cambodia Open (Asian Tour). Starts today.

He is -3 joint 3rd after 9th.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20101209356322276449&event_sid=20100114989631183733

The Contendors

Thongchai Jaidee (Tha)
The decorated Thai star, a three-time Asian Tour number one, will be one of the main draw cards next week as he searches for his first win this season and a record 13th career title. A return to the Phokeethra Country Club will bring back happy memories for the Thai legend as he won the Johnnie Walker Cambodian Open in 2008, just nine days after his second son, Kittituch was born. Having enjoyed a well rested week at home, Thongchai is now ready to put up a strong challenge against the best players from the Asian Tour next week.

Thaworn Wiratchant (Tha)
Thaworn could surpass compatriot Thongchai Jaidee as the player with the most number of wins on the Asian Tour if he continues to play true to form in Cambodia this week. The 43-year-old veteran has already won once and enjoyed four top-10s finishes this season and he looks likely to add another feather to his cap as the enthralling Asian Tour season heads to a close.

Anthony Kang (Usa)
American Anthony Kang enjoyed his best result in 18 months by finishing fourth in Hong Kong last month. Kang, who has three wins on the Asian Tour, is enjoying a welcome return to form and looks strong for a pole position in Cambodia this week.
http://203.116.88.166/atgallery/20091122652621509887_260.jpg
Marcus Both (Aus)
The defending champion returns to the scene of his famous triumph at the Phokeethra Country Club and will be determined to repeat his victory again this week. After enjoying a tied-fifth finish in India last week, the 31-year-old Australian will be riding on his rich vein of form to secure this third win on the Asian Tour.

Siddikur (Ban)
The Bangladeshi made headlines for all the right reasons when he became the first man from Bangladesh to win an Asian Tour title at the Brunei Open. Since then, the 26-year-old had made most of the opportunities that came his way following his historic win. His two-year winner’s exemption took him to exotic places and lucrative events in Switzerland, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong. Siddikur has never failed to impress both on and off the course and he looks likely to continue this trend in Cambodia this week.

Miraz
December 8, 2010, 11:21 PM
Siddikur dropped to 4th with -4.

Naimul_Hd
December 9, 2010, 01:44 AM
back to no.3 with -5 !

Nadim
December 10, 2010, 01:31 PM
Bangladesh's golfing sensation Siddikur Rahman once again showed the erratic nature of his game as he slid down from third position to joint 23rd after round two of the 300,000-dollar Johnnie Walker Cambodian Open yesterday.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=165572

Nadim
December 11, 2010, 04:29 PM
From 3rd to 23th..then 28th :(

Siddik slips further
Bangladesh golfing sensation Siddikur Rahman slipped further in the race as he finished the third round at 28th position from the 23rd at the Johnie Walker Cambodian Open on Saturday. Siddik scored a disappointing par 72 for an overall score 4-under-par 212. He was sharing the 28th position with six golfers on the penultimate day. Japan’s Kenichi Kuboya remained bullish ahead of his final round charge, declaring that he is ready to win his maiden Asian Tour title after taking a share of the third round lead with Korea’s Kim Hyung-sung. Kuboya produced another bogey-free round of three-under-par 69 while Kim posted a 67 to share the round’s honours on matching 15-under-par 201 total at the Phokeethra Country Club.

ahnaf
December 12, 2010, 08:59 AM
Aay hay.. Ki hyteche..

MohammedC
December 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
Finished joint 19 after poor 2nd and 3rd round.

Next $600k Black Mountain Masters in Thailand starting from 16th December

Naimul_Hd
December 17, 2010, 07:00 AM
BLACK MOUNTAIN MASTERS -

Not a good sign for Siddiqur. :(
After Round 2
Siddiqur is at 16th Position with -5. Lee Sung of S.Korea is leading with huge -14.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20101217420004134953&event_sid=20100831305465587398

Night_wolf
December 17, 2010, 08:27 AM
i dont know much about golf...is there a world ranking for players?..if there is can anybody ans whats his ranking?

Naimul_Hd
December 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
i dont know much about golf...is there a world ranking for players?..if there is can anybody ans whats his ranking?

Yes. There is an official world ranking of golf players.

Currently (12th Dec 2010), Siddikur's world ranking is 208 with Avg points of 0.86.
(http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/players/bio.sps?ID=13766&name=.&Rank=208&TotalPts=34.40198)
To find out more, check this link:

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/rankings/default.sps?region=world&PageCount=5

Night_wolf
December 17, 2010, 10:11 AM
^thanks naimul vai:)..i wish him all the best..hope in near future he can crack the top 100

MohammedC
February 17, 2011, 05:59 AM
Avantha Masters in Delhi started today. Siddikur is tied 19 after 14 holes in round 1. However there is another Bangladeshi golfer starting today his name is Muhammad Zamal Hossain, he is yet to t off.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011008/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

MohammedC
February 17, 2011, 07:08 AM
Siddikur finished his day 4 shot off the lead. Zamal Hossain is 1 under after 2 holes

MohammedC
March 24, 2011, 06:24 PM
SIDDIKUR TAKES TWO-SHOT LEAD

New Delhi, March 24: Siddikur of Bangladesh continued his solid run in the SAIL Open after shooting a third round five-under-par 67 on Thursday.

The man from Dhaka opened up a two-stroke lead going into the final round with a three-day total of 14-under-par 202 at the challenging Delhi Golf Club.

Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand closed with a 69 after a bogey on the last hole. He shared second with India’s Ajeetesh Sandhu, who posted a 68 for a 204 total in the US$300,000 event co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and PGTI.

read full.

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110324698497612341

ialbd
March 24, 2011, 09:05 PM
great goind Siddikur.... pretty soon we might need you to bat for us as well...

MohammedC
March 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
He finished 2nd :( 1 shot behind the leader.

New Delhi, March 25: Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand birdied the last hole to win his first Asian Tour title at the SAIL Open on Friday.

Kiradech returned with four-under-par 68 for a four-day total of 16-under-par 272 to defeat Siddikur of Bangladesh by one stroke at the Delhi Golf Club.

India’s Ajeetesh Sandhu battled tooth-and-nail before dropping a shot on the 16th hole. He finished in third place on a 274 total while compatriot Manav Jaini finished one stroke back at the US$300,000 event co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and PGTI.

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110325755698279996

cricman
March 29, 2011, 12:22 AM
I wanted to point that during the World Cup, Siddikur was inline to qualify for this years British Open but something happened and he was Disqualified in his final round, I tried researching why he was DQ'ed and nothing cam about about. :(

Good to see him still playing well

Siddikur, who last season became the first Bangladeshi to win on the Asian Tour, said: “My play was excellent and I only missed one short putt. The winds were up and the course wasn’t easy. I’m feeling excited and I’m dreaming of playing in the Open Championship, although there’s still one day to go.”

http://www.pga.com/news/european-tour/kodai-ichihara-japan-top-after-day-1-british-open-qualifier-in-thailand

MohammedC
April 5, 2011, 04:32 PM
THE CONTENDERS

After a week’s break, the Asian Tour’s voyage returns to India again and this time, the spotlight is on the inaugural Panasonic Open (India). For the second time in three weeks, the region’s top players will compete at the Delhi Golf Club in their quest for glory at the Asian Tour’s newest US$300,000 event. Asiantour.com looks at the genuine contenders likely to make an impression at the Delhi Golf Club.

Jyoti Randhawa (Ind)
Randhawa created history when he became the first Indian to win the prestigious Asian Tour Order of Merit title in 2002. The powerful Indian finished in seventh place at the SAIL Open last week and will be eager to get back to his winning ways next week at the Delhi Golf Club, which he has triumphed on numerous occasions on the Asian Tour.

Siddikur (Ban)
Siddikur narrowly missed out on his second Asian Tour at the Delhi Golf Club and will be hoping to make amends this week. As the first professional golfer from Bangladesh to win an Asian Tour title, don’t rule him out from creating another impression again.

Gaganjeet Bhullar (Ind)
Bhullar, who has two Asian Tour victories, hopes to add a third win on home soil after a enjoying solid start to the season where he has won three titles in India and one in Bangladesh since the beginning of the year. The young talent has been touted as the next big star from India and could well justify that tag with another commanding performance at the Delhi Golf Club.

Scott Hend (Aus)
Big-hitting Australian Scott Hend will be hoping to stamp his class after enjoying three top-10s last season on the Asian Tour. The Australian topped the driving average list at the Asian Tour Awards Gala last season with a driving average of 309 yards and could be in contention at the Delhi Golf Club.

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110404376608431550

Good to see Siddikur is respected in Asian Golf circuit.

MohammedC
April 6, 2011, 02:58 AM
Shakwat Sohel another name in Bangladesh Golf Circuit. Joint 2nd at the moment.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20110406180071327607&event_sid=20110307495476564361

Tigers_eye
April 6, 2011, 11:06 PM
Arjun Atwal is in Masters. His first time. 2nd Indian after Jeev Milka Singh (2007) to do so.

Vijay was born in Fiji.

MohammedC
April 7, 2011, 06:11 AM
Bad day for Siidikur 3 over par 75. Now +1 for the tournament

Shakhawat Sohel is Even par for the day with 3 holes left.

MohammedC
April 14, 2011, 05:49 AM
After the very bad outing in Delhi. Siddikur has now moved on to Maybank Malaysian Open. Where he has just finished his first round and currently 4 under par. He is the top unranked player and only a shot behind his asian counterpart Jeev Mikha Singh and 4 shots behind the leader Alexander Noren.
He needs to focus now as I have noticed he has been playing badly in 2nd and 3rd rounds. I hope for better day tomorrow. Few of top names from world of golf are participating in this tournament including Schwartzel (sorry for the spelling) and Mr Choker from US Masters also world number 1 Martin Kaymer. Could not see any clips of Sid during skysports coverage they only concentrated on the big names and those who went out with them. Hopefully if he stays up there will see him live on telly for the first time.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011021/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

MohammedC
April 15, 2011, 02:40 AM
^^^ only one under par for 2nd round 5 under par overall. 6 shots behind leader McIlroy who shot a 64 today.

cricman
April 15, 2011, 10:43 PM
lol, he only shot -1

-1 is pretty good, He's ahead of the Last 3 Major Champions

Just stay within Arms Reach, the Key is being consistient and being in Contention. A good finish here and he might get a few more exemptions to play on the European Tour.

Golf is pretty Hard, Ask Rory ... He's played awesome for all but 1 round and that one round will haunt him for the rest of his life

Siddikur said yesterday that his aim “is to finish among the top 10 in the Malaysian Open”.

“Yes, that’s my aim – a top-10 finish. Ultimately, I want to be a winner on the European Tour.

“This is a strong field and to stay among the front-runners will be a big challenge for me,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/4/16/sports/8494860&sec=sports

_Rafi_
April 17, 2011, 01:03 AM
Great 4th round. He is now at no.7.

ahnaf
April 17, 2011, 01:39 AM
Just One problm with him i think.. He cant maintain consistency in performance.. Hope it'll imporve day by day..

MohammedC
April 17, 2011, 03:30 AM
Finished inside top ten.
Top unranked player of the tournament
Top Asian player of the tournament.

Funny thing is I did not see Siddikur on telly in first 3 round. Saw other Asian players but not Siddikur. He will collect 62k+ US dollars and move up to second in asian order of merit.

Well Done Siddikur Rahman. We are proud of you.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011021/leaderboard/index.html

_Rafi_
April 17, 2011, 03:31 AM
Great! He finished at 9th. World number one Kaymer behind him.

MohammedC
April 17, 2011, 03:40 AM
Great! He finished at 9th. World number one Kaymer behind him.

Finished 8th.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011021/leaderboard/index.html

_Rafi_
April 17, 2011, 05:37 AM
Finished 8th.

my bad. Thanks. Too bad that he slipped from 7th position.

_Rafi_
April 17, 2011, 09:02 AM
Anyone knows what is the next tournament Siddikur playing?

cricman
April 17, 2011, 12:28 PM
His Intermediate game is so good, you see he doesn't take advantage of the Par 5's where all the other top players get birdies close to 70% of the time.

His Next Step is to hit the weight room and Increase his drive by 25-30 yards.

he should pick up a few exeptions on the Euro Tour

Anyways I don't know if he'll play net Week, but he'll play in the Ballantine’s in 2 weeks, which is another Euro-Asian Tour event.

Lee Westwood, Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson among others who will play

MohammedC
April 17, 2011, 01:14 PM
Siddikur's driving avg is 266 yards almost 30 yards short of other players in Asian Tour. Needs to improve in that are if he wants to win more tournament.

In 4 tournament he has 63 birdies and 1 Eagle: He is doing ok in that area, but 30 bogies is too much

MohammedC
April 17, 2011, 01:16 PM
Anyways I don't know if he'll play next Week, but he'll play in the Ballantine’s in 2 weeks, which is another Euro-Asian Tour event.

Lee Westwood, Ernie Els, Dustin Johnson among others who will play

He is playing next week in Indonesia

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110417361657312791

MohammedC
April 18, 2011, 08:17 AM
SIDDIKUR SETS SIGHT ON INDONESIAN MASTERS

http://www.asiantour.com/atgallery/20110226398186194425.jpg

Kuala Lumpur, April 18: Fresh from another highly rewarding week, Bangladeshi’s rising star Siddikur heads to the inaugural Indonesian Masters this week with his confidence soaring and his appetite whetted for more success.

The stocky history-maker, Bangladesh’s first ever winner on the Asian Tour, finished an impressive eighth at the Maybank Malaysian Open on Sunday, beating the likes of world number one Martin Kaymer of Germany and new Masters champion Charl Schwartzel of South Africa.

While the 26-year-old Siddikur did not challenge for victory, a cheque of US$62,500 pushed him up to second place on the latest Asian Tour’s Order of Merit behind S.S.P. Chowrasia of India and installed him as one of the favourites at Royale Jakarta Golf Club this week.

The inaugural US$750,000 Indonesian Masters will be headlined by world number two Lee Westwood of England and three-time Asian Tour number one Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand, who was happy with a tied 17th outing in Malaysia in what was his first tournament after a back injury.

Chowrasia, winner of the season-opening Avantha Masters in India, leads the rankings with US$410,077.

But the man of the moment must surely be the unassuming Siddikur, who only a year ago was still very much an unknown entity until he burst onto the scene with his triumph at the Brunei Open.

Last month, he finished second in the SAIL Open in India after leading into the final round and pundits believe he will secure a second career title very soon, if not at the Indonesian Masters this week.

“I’m happy to finish in the top-10 and show the world that a player from Bangladesh can perform in such a big event,” said Siddikur, who carded rounds of 68, 71, 71 and 79 last week to beat Kaymer by one and Schwartzel by two.

“I’m getting better and my confidence level is high.”

Siddikur grew up from humble surroundings in Dhaka and fashioned his first club with a seven iron head stuck to a metal rod. He worked as a ball boy in the local club to fund his studies and subsequently learned the game where he became the country’s top amateur golfer.

He emerged onto the scene in style last season where apart from his victory in Brunei, he pulled off four other top-10s to finish in an impressive seventh place on the Order of Merit.

Other top names heading to Royale Jakarta include this season’s winners Anirban Lahiri of India and big-hitting Thai Kiradech Aphibarnrat, who triumphed in the Panasonic Open (India) and SAIL Open respectively.

Chinese Taipei’s Lin Wen-tang, a five-time winner on the Asian Tour, former Asian number one Jyoti Randhawa and Australian duo Rick Kulacz and Darren Beck, both champions in the region, will also compete in the Indonesian Masters, which is being positioned as the nation’s most prestigious championship.

A total of 15 players from the current top-20 of the Order of Merit will feature in the Indonesian Masters, which starts on Thursday.

http://www.asiantour.com/news.aspx?sid=20110418817371306220

MohammedC
April 20, 2011, 03:22 PM
Siddikur will tee off with world number 2, Lee Westwood and Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand.

0730 Indonesian time

BTW Siddikur is ranked 135 now.

MohammedC
April 21, 2011, 01:45 AM
Siddikur is leading after round 1.

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.aspx?score_sid=20110421660416177752&event_sid=20110120285623622174

Isnaad
April 21, 2011, 01:55 AM
A true tiger!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Miraz
April 21, 2011, 02:45 AM
This is wonderful. He is leading with 6 under par. Now it will be important to keep the intensity in the 2nd round and take a sizeable lead. Well done!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

MohammedC
April 21, 2011, 02:55 AM
Watched a bit of Siddikur on skysports interacive. Re run of that programme is on 11 uk time 2 hours from now. Programme is called " Asian Tour Golf"

Nadim
April 21, 2011, 01:09 PM
A true beast unlike Rokibul:bravo:

Habib
April 21, 2011, 01:18 PM
Great start Siddikur! Now finish it well.

MohammedC
April 21, 2011, 03:06 PM
A true beast unlike Rokibul:bravo:

I don't understand what you mean. This is golf not cricket.

_Rafi_
April 21, 2011, 03:22 PM
Will watch him tomorrow Inshallah. ESPN in BD showing it live from 12 pm. Missed today's round though.

Habib
April 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
Will watch him tomorrow Inshallah. ESPN in BD showing it live from 12 pm. Missed today's round though.

Thanks a bunch for the info Rafi vai :)

_Rafi_
April 22, 2011, 01:23 AM
Siddikur put it right for par atleast. Lee and jaidee bogeyed.

_Rafi_
April 22, 2011, 01:31 AM
lee had fantastic run of birdie earlier in the morning and thats put him ahead of siddikur and he is now firm favourite. Siddikur no birdie so far

_Rafi_
April 22, 2011, 01:32 AM
oops! Siddikur losing it. Very bad shot.

_Rafi_
April 22, 2011, 01:37 AM
Lee birdied again(-8)
Jaidee(-6)
Siddikur came back well for a succesful par put(-6)

_Rafi_
April 22, 2011, 02:57 AM
down...down...down. Disasterous so far.

MohammedC
April 22, 2011, 02:58 AM
Siddikur falling behind 2 bogey in last 2 hole has put him on 14th place.

ahnaf
April 22, 2011, 03:04 AM
Thats the problem of him.. He just cant maintain the momentum..:(

Zunaid
April 22, 2011, 06:06 AM
He is at 13 going into the final two rounds after the cut (which was +2).

<table id="scoringTable" class="tablesorter" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><thead><tr bgcolor="white" height="20"><th align="left">POS </th> <th align="left">STARTED </th> <th align="left">NAME</th> <th align="left">NAT.</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R1</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R2</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R3</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R4</th> <th align="center">TO PAR</th> <th align="center">Hole/(AGG)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">8</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Shaaban HUSSIN</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/MAS.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(135)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">PARK Hyun-binhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/KOR.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(135)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">8</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Lee WESTWOODhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">-5</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">16</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">8</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thitiphun CHUAYPRAKONGhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-8</td> <td align="center">(136)*</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thongchai JAIDEE</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-8</td> <td align="center">16</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">6</td> <td align="center" width="20px">46</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Pariya JUNHASAVASDIKUL</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">72</td> <td align="center">65</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-7</td> <td align="center">(137)*</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">6</td> <td align="center" width="20px">15</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Kiradech APHIBARNRAThttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-7</td> <td align="center">(137)*</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">6</td> <td align="center" width="20px">15</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Simon GRIFFITHShttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-7</td> <td align="center">(137)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">6</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prayad MARKSAENG</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">-2</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-7</td> <td align="center">17</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">10</td> <td align="center" width="20px">32</td> <td align="left" width="200px">LIN Wen-tanghttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/TPE.png</td> <td align="center">71</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-6</td> <td align="center">(138)*</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">10</td> <td align="center" width="20px">19</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prom MEESAWAThttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-6</td> <td align="center">(138)*</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">10</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Antonio LASCUNAhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/PHI.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-6</td> <td align="center">17*</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">13</td> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="left" width="200px">SIDDIKURhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/BAN.png</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">1</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-5</td> <td align="center">16</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">46</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Miles TUNNICLIFFhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">72</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">(140)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">19</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Marcus BOTHhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/AUS.png</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">(140)*</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">63</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Scott BARRhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/AUS.png</td> <td align="center">73</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">(140)*</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">LAM Chih Bing</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/SIN.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">1</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">17</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">8</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Darren BECK</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/AUS.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">E</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">15</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">14</td> <td align="center" width="20px">15</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Peter GUSTAFSSONhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/SWE.png</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">14</td></tr></tbody></table>

Equinox
April 22, 2011, 07:55 AM
I was so surprised to hear him being mentioned on Sky News yesterday. It felt good to hear "Westwood is trailing two shots behind leader Siddiqur from Bangladesh" (even the presenter was surprised). This tournament is being closely followed in England because Lee Westwood, who is the highest ranked Englishman, is playing in it and if he wins this he could become World No. 1 again. Anyway unfortunate that Siddiq couldn't carry his form into Round 2. There's still 2 rounds left and a Top 10 finish would be a highly commendable effort from Siddiqur. Surprised to see very little mention of this on Bangladeshi media.

Zunaid
April 22, 2011, 09:06 AM
The 2nd round wasn't completed as they play was called off due to lightning and will resume 6:30 am local time tomorrow. Siddiqur still had 2 holes to go and perhaps can pull it up a bit. He has always done better in the back 9.

Night_wolf
April 22, 2011, 09:10 AM
anybody know what is that sign after some players name?...some have it some dont..why?

Bancan
April 22, 2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.ashwellgolf.co.uk/UserFiles/Image/Titleist1.jpg

Its a golf equipment and apparel company.

Zunaid
April 22, 2011, 09:16 AM
anybody know what is that sign after some players name?...some have it some dont..why?

It's a brand of golfing equipment and accessories. Many tour professional have endorsement deals for Titleist and are contracted to use their equipment. I also assume they sponsor the Asian tour and has the right to have their logo displayed on the leader-board against the name of their endorsed golfers.

Night_wolf
April 22, 2011, 09:47 AM
Oh..thank u!..its nice to see siddikur is one of their endorsed golfers

MohammedC
April 22, 2011, 10:36 AM
Nice to see few more post from other BCites. I was getting lonely apart from occasional post by thread starter cricman.

Siddikur needs to find another birdie tomorrow and try for better third round.

ialbd
April 22, 2011, 08:35 PM
Pardon my golf knowledge, is Siddik's first day performance as good as a good Day 1 of a 5 day test match?

Zunaid
April 22, 2011, 10:49 PM
Pardon my golf knowledge, is Siddik's first day performance as good as a good Day 1 of a 5 day test match?

You could say it is the first of the 4 innings. He bowled very well to restrict the opposition to a low score. Coming into bat, he loat some quick wickets and lost a bit of the advantage he has. He has to now bat and bowl really well next 2 innings to make something out of it. His first tour win happened during Thr mandatory final overs when he yorked the last at bat to win.

Night_wolf
April 22, 2011, 11:42 PM
its gona be hard for siddkur..westwood and PARK Hyun-bin is playing very well

_Rafi_
April 23, 2011, 12:34 AM
Siddikur lost it yesterday. But he could still be in the top 5. Lee Westwood is very clinical and giving no chance to anyone.

Tigers_eye
April 23, 2011, 01:01 AM
Buk ta fuiley galo. gaynji attasey na!! Incredible hoque shaheb hoiye gasi.

All praise belong to the Almighty Lord. Al hamdulillah.

Zunaid
April 23, 2011, 01:24 AM
Better day do far today. About 1/2 way through and he is joint 4th. Westwood at #1

LIVE SCORING <table id="scoringTable" class="tablesorter" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><thead> <tr bgcolor="white" height="20"> <th align="left">POS </th> <th align="left">STARTED </th> <th align="left">NAME</th> <th align="left">NAT.</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R1</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R2</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R3</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R4</th> <th align="center">TO PAR</th> <th align="center">Hole/(AGG)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Lee WESTWOODhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-13</td> <td align="center">8</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thitiphun CHUAYPRAKONGhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-11</td> <td align="center">9</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">3</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">PARK Hyun-binhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/KOR.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-10</td> <td align="center">8</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">11</td> <td align="left" width="200px">SIDDIKURhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/BAN.png</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">72</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">11</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">11</td> <td align="left" width="200px">LIN Wen-tanghttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/TPE.png</td> <td align="center">71</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">10</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thongchai JAIDEE</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">-2</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">10</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prayad MARKSAENG</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">-2</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">9</td></tr></tbody></table>

Night_wolf
April 23, 2011, 03:13 AM
just made a bogey in hole 16...par would have taken him in tied 4th place...west wood is way ahead now

Zunaid
April 23, 2011, 04:22 AM
End of day 3. Tied for 5th. Westwood is almost uncatchable. would require many double and triple bogeys from him and many eagles from Sid.

But stranger things have happened. Justin Johnson was leading after 54 holes in last year
s US open and then shot a 11 over 84 to tie for 8th.

<table id="scoringTable" class="tablesorter" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><thead><tr bgcolor="white" height="20"><th align="left">POS </th> <th align="left">STARTED </th> <th align="left">NAME</th> <th align="left">NAT.</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R1</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R2</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R3</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R4</th> <th align="center">TO PAR</th> <th align="center">Hole/(AGG)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Lee WESTWOODhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-16</td> <td align="center">(200)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thitiphun CHUAYPRAKONGhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-11</td> <td align="center">(205)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">PARK Hyun-binhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/KOR.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-11</td> <td align="center">(205)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prayad MARKSAENG</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-10</td> <td align="center">(206)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="center" width="20px">11</td> <td align="left" width="200px">SIDDIKURhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/BAN.png</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">72</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(207)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="center" width="20px">11</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prom MEESAWAThttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(207)</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thongchai JAIDEE</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(207)</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Antonio LASCUNAhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/PHI.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">(207)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Zunaid
April 23, 2011, 11:16 PM
Half way done, he has fallen back to tied 7th

<table id="scoringTable" class="tablesorter" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><thead><tr bgcolor="white" height="20"><th align="left">POS </th> <th align="left">STARTED </th> <th align="left">NAME</th> <th align="left">NAT.</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R1</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R2</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R3</th> <th align="center" width="7%">R4</th> <th align="center">TO PAR</th> <th align="center">Hole/(AGG)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="center" width="20px">1</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Lee WESTWOODhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/ENG.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">E</td> <td align="center">-16</td> <td align="center">7</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">PARK Hyun-binhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/KOR.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">-15</td> <td align="center">7</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">3</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thongchai JAIDEE</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">-5</td> <td align="center">-14</td> <td align="center">9</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="center" width="20px">2</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Thitiphun CHUAYPRAKONGhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">-12</td> <td align="center">7</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="center" width="20px">4</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Prayad MARKSAENG</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">-11</td> <td align="center">9</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">6</td> <td align="center" width="20px">11</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Marcus BOTHhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/AUS.png</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">-3</td> <td align="center">-10</td> <td align="center">10</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">7</td> <td align="center" width="20px">15</td> <td align="left" width="200px">HWANG Inn-choonhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/KOR.png</td> <td align="center">67</td> <td align="center">74</td> <td align="center">70</td> <td align="center">-4</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">11</td> </tr> <tr class="odd" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">7</td> <td align="center" width="20px">9</td> <td align="left" width="200px">Kiradech APHIBARNRAThttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/THA.png</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">68</td> <td align="center">71</td> <td align="center">-1</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">10</td> </tr> <tr class="even" height="20" valign="middle"> <td align="center" width="20px">7</td> <td align="center" width="20px">5</td> <td align="left" width="200px">SIDDIKURhttp://www.asiantour.com/images/titleist_38x11.gif</td> <td align="left">http://www.asiantour.com/images/BAN.png</td> <td align="center">66</td> <td align="center">72</td> <td align="center">69</td> <td align="center">E</td> <td align="center">-9</td> <td align="center">9</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sohel
April 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
I'll be happy with a top 5 showing at this point.

MohammedC
April 24, 2011, 03:07 AM
Siddikur finished on 13 under par. Joint 3rd with 4 other player. Lee Westwood won by 3 shot.

http://scoringsolutions.com.hk/ATlive.htm

Sohel
April 24, 2011, 03:24 AM
Great!

Off-topic: he could be AI Bulbul's cousin.

Naimul_Hd
April 24, 2011, 05:07 AM
Finished # 3. wow....great !!

is it as good as reaching finals in Asia Cup Cricket beating both India & SL ? :)

Zunaid
April 24, 2011, 05:13 AM
Not quite. The field wasn't as strong. Now had he won a final playoff round against Westwood...

Nadim
April 24, 2011, 05:28 AM
Congrats Siddikur:bravo:

So what next for him? Anyone

Miraz
April 24, 2011, 05:36 AM
Well done Siddikur. Superb finish afer a brilliant start.

Night_wolf
April 24, 2011, 06:14 AM
so what will be his ranking after this showing?

Equinox
April 24, 2011, 06:18 AM
Excellent performance from our Siddiqur! 2nd highest Asian on the leaderboard after the vastly experienced Jaidee. It's the Ballantine's Championship in Korea for him next and look at the line-up for this one. Westwood, Jimenez, Ernie Els, Ian Poulter. Hope Siddiq can replicate a similar performance. Would be amazing if he can break into the World Top 100 by the end of this year.

Equinox
April 24, 2011, 06:25 AM
so what will be his ranking after this showing?
Here is the official website. He is still 135th in the World but I don't know if this has been updated after the results:
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/rankings/default.sps?region=world&PageCount=3

He is the 7th highest ranked golfer in Asia and by default that means he is the best in South Asia:
http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/rankings/default.sps?region=world&PageCount=3

Habib
April 24, 2011, 06:31 AM
The day before yesterday after a putting by Siddikur from a considerable distance, one commentator said, ''That's just grit''.
Shabash Siddikur! :notworthy:

Habib
April 24, 2011, 06:35 AM
Here is the official website. He is still 135th in the World but I don't know if this has been updated after the results:

He is the 7th highest ranked golfer in Asia and by default that means he is the best in South Asia:

So he's ahead of the supposed best golfer in South Asia Jivan Milkha Singh? That's fantastic.

Naimul_Hd
April 24, 2011, 07:17 AM
Siddiqur Rahman's fan page on FB !

Siddiqur Rahman ( Pride Of Bangladesh ) (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Siddiqur-Rahman-Pride-Of-Bangladesh-/188048824558659?sk=app_2309869772#%21/pages/Siddiqur-Rahman-Pride-Of-Bangladesh-/188048824558659)

Equinox
April 24, 2011, 08:02 AM
So he's ahead of the supposed best golfer in South Asia Jivan Milkha Singh? That's fantastic.
Yup Jeev Milkha Singh is 191st, a good 50 places beneath him. His closest competitor from South Asia is Arjun Atwal who at 146th is still 11 places under Siddiqur.

_Rafi_
April 24, 2011, 08:57 AM
I turned my tv on whenever I was at home and still could not see any birdie put:-)
Congratulation Siddikur!

MohammedC
April 24, 2011, 02:25 PM
Siddikur was ranked 135 before Indonesian open. He will definitely move up nearer 100

Equinox
April 25, 2011, 04:46 AM
Siddiqur is now ranked 120th in the World, up 15 places.

Sohel
April 25, 2011, 08:14 AM
Siddiqur is now ranked 120th in the World, up 15 places.

He'll break into the T100 after a similarly excellent showing in Korea InshAllah! So cool to see the Bangladeshi flag up amongst the leaders :D

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2011, 04:21 PM
Unbelievable!! Amazing!! Surreal!! Too good to be true!!

I can't imagine this far this fast!! I don't think he is fully realizing what he is accomplishing. Major props!!

Rabz
April 26, 2011, 04:23 AM
He is making us all proud.
Carry on Siddikur !

MohammedC
April 27, 2011, 06:26 PM
Poor start by Siddikur. +3 after 4 holes. Starting from back 9 he has double bogied his 2nd hole and bogeyd 4th

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011025/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

MohammedC
April 28, 2011, 03:59 AM
Siddik recovered and now sits on Par he is tied 36. Need to improve a lot if he wants to move up the ranking ladder

ahnaf
April 28, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hmm..hope he contiue this improvement.. Wish to see him within top 10-15..anyway.. Thanks a lot mo bhaiya for keep updating..:)

Zunaid
April 28, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hmm..hope he contiue this improvement.. Wish to see him within top 10-15..anyway.. Thanks a lot mo bhaiya for keep updating..:)

Top 10-15 means he will be a millionaire many times over. Golf pays well.

Tiger Manc
April 28, 2011, 07:57 AM
Well done! Amazing how he's the 7th best in Asia! Hopefully he can break into top 100.

_Rafi_
April 28, 2011, 11:21 AM
All the top stars failed in first round. Lee on Par, Ernie Else disastrous.

ahnaf
April 29, 2011, 03:22 AM
Top 10-15 means he will be a millionaire many times over. Golf pays well.

i know that.. I wished that just for this tournament only..:)

Tigers_eye
May 7, 2011, 07:02 AM
12K Euro. Not bad for 4 days work. :)

Top 50 finish at the end.

Zunaid
May 8, 2011, 08:33 AM
12K Euro. Not bad for 4 days work. :)

Top 50 finish at the end.

Well, 12K every 3/4 weeks or so. Not so good. He needs to make more. And he can.

Banglaguy
May 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
He put bangladesh on the golfing map apparently... And he gets yonks compared to the cricketers. I remember reading that he wanted to make sure that his dad retired well.

Nadim
May 22, 2011, 01:58 PM
Siddik searches for coach

Ace Bangladeshi golfer Siddikur Rahman said he is looking for a full-time coach for himself to hone his skills and to help him become a better a player in the highly competitive professional circuit.

Siddik, second in Asian merit order, is now working with Indian coach Pritom Saikiya but he cannot make time to train under the coach due to his crammed international schedules.

‘I am really looking for a world class coach who can stay with me and is good enough to teach a player of my standard,’ Siddik Rahman told New Age on Sunday.

Siddik is currently at his home, enjoying a rare break as he is trying to get a US visa to compete in the US PGA tour.

‘For the last 18 months I am in touch Saikiya. But I cannot meet him very often as I find it difficult to manage our schedule together,’ he said.

‘I met him only three to four times last year. Our every meeting was very useful. Sometimes he mailed me some instructions knowing my problems. But it cannot go this way all the time,’ said Siddik.

‘It will take time but definitely I am on a hunt,’ he added.

Siddik began his 2011 season with a bang, finishing SAIL Open in India before three impressive hauls in Malaysia, Indonesia and South Korea.

In Malaysia he was ahead of immediate past major Augusta Masters champion Charl Schwartzel and then world number one Martin Kaymer. He was also neck-and-neck with current World number one Lee Westwood in Indonesia.

His total prize money in 2011 stood at nearly $1.5 lakh ($ 1, 49,761) despite having fared poorly in his latest Asian Tour event in the Philippines where he finished 37th.

Siddik, however, blamed a lack of motivation for his poor performance in the Philippines.

‘First of all I did not want to participate in that tournament,’ said Siddik.

‘There was some gap after my Korean meet. However, I decided to play. I was in the top 15 after two days but I felt I have to play aggressive if I want to win that competition as it earned me some result in Indonesia. But the strategy backfired,’ he said.

Siddik was happy with his overall performance.

‘At the end of the year I was in top seven and now I am in top two in the Asian circuit. This is where I wanted to see myself at the end of the year,’ he said.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/19708.html

++++So, Siddikur gonna perticipate in PGA tour? Great news for him and the country:bravo:

Murad
May 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
Siddik searches for coach

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/19708.html

++++So, Siddikur gonna perticipate in PGA tour? Great news for him and the country:bravo:

He has to qualify first. 75 golfer will be competing in the qualifier for 4 spots.

Banglaguy
May 22, 2011, 04:17 PM
He has to qualify first. 75 golfer will be competing in the qualifier for 4 spots.

I really wish him well, I wanna see him play at the highest level. . .

Naimul_Hd
June 3, 2011, 08:25 PM
Siddiqur is not playing in US PGA Tour as he did not get USA Visa. Source: FB

Is it true ? If so, then what a shame !!! Any reason why he was denied ?

Equinox
June 4, 2011, 05:08 AM
Is it true ? If so, then what a shame !!! Any reason why he was denied ?
http://ns.bdnews24.com/blog/en/index.php/bdnadmin/630

Apparently he wasn't denied a visa but the process was taking too long. He had to withdraw his passport as he has to attain visas of other countries as well. Poor behaviour from the US embassy.

Naimul_Hd
June 4, 2011, 05:23 AM
These embassy people are snob and lethargic. They take ages to process a single paper. Even in interview, they act as if they are interrogating some criminals. Siddiqur should have requested BD Golf Association (if there is any) to treat his case as top priority. Its such a shame that being Asia #2 he cant participate only because of some employees of US Embassy. Utter rubbish !!!

Banglaguy
June 4, 2011, 06:57 AM
He's number two? I thought he wan No.1.. Who's above him?

Equinox
June 4, 2011, 07:00 AM
Currently he is #10 in Asia and #1 in South Asia. The report got it wrong. He was never #2 in Asia. His highest was #7 a couple of months ago.

edit: He is currently 2nd in the order of merit of the Asian Tour this year. I think that's what the report meant. Not his ranking.

Banglaguy
June 4, 2011, 07:31 AM
Currently he is #10 in Asia and #1 in South Asia. The report got it wrong. He was never #2 in Asia. His highest was #7 a couple of months ago.

edit: He is currently 2nd in the order of merit of the Asian Tour this year. I think that's what the report meant. Not his ranking.

Oh right, it's golf season now in England, it's been quite interesting.

deshimon
June 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
a quizzed at ‘safe ho_
Sports
Thursday, June 16, 2011Sports
Siddikur revisits 'turning point'
Sports Reporter

The Queen's Cup golf tournament in Thailand is set to get underway today in Samui, Thailand, with Bangladesh golf sensation Siddikur Rahman leading the field as the highest-ranked player on display.

Siddikur, who is second on the Order of Merit, has good memories of the course as it was here that he notched up his first top-10 finish on the Asian Tour.

“It was my turning point. Finishing top ten, gave me the experience and confidence to compete on the Asian Tour,” he told the Asian Tour website. Siddikur went on to finish seventh on the Order of Merit last year after becoming the first Bangladeshi winner on Tour by winning the Brunei Open.

“I like this place and I am looking forward to the week. It's not an easy golf course. I have my expectation which is to try and win the tournament and hopefully I will get that,” added Siddikur.

He will face competition from a strong roster of players that includes title holder Tetsuji Hiratsuka of Japan and Thailand's Prom Meesawat, who after a promising start to his career fell to the wayside, and after being treated by a sports psychologist insists that he has what it takes to win the event.

www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190132

Banglaguy
June 15, 2011, 03:33 PM
Get in siddiqur! You are Bangladesh's 3rd praan...

Banglaguy
June 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
Siddikur off to slow start
Sports Reporter
Bangladesh's ace golfer Siddikur Rahman finished at joint 11th place after hitting a round of two-under-par in the first round of the Queen's Cup golf championship at the Santiburi Samui Country Club in Thailand yesterday.

Siddikur was the highest-ranked golfer on show, but it was local golfer Prayad Marksaeng who led the field after a fine round of six-under-par. India's Anirban Lahiri finished second with five-under-par.

On what leader Marksaeng told the Asian Tour website was "not an easy track", Siddikur played steady but unspectacular golf. In his round of 18 holes yesterday, the Bangladeshi struck three birdies in holes eight, fifteen and eighteen, but that was somewhat offset by his bogey in hole twelve.

Title holder Tetsuki Hiratsuka fared much worse with a round of two-over-par. The tournament finishes will run till June 19, when the fourth and final round will be played

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190287

nakedzero
June 17, 2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2011June/SM/Siddiqur-sm20110617185216.gif

[বাংলা]থাইল্যান্ডের সামুই গলফ টুর্নামেন্টের (কুইন্স কাপ) দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে ছয়ধাপ এগিয়েছেন বাংলাদেশের সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। শুক্রবার তীয় রাউন্ড শেষে চারজনের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে আছেন পঞ্চমস্থানে।

সান্তিবুরি সামুই কাউন্টি ক্লাবে পারের চেয়ে তিন শট কম (৬৮ শট) নিয়ে প্রতিযোগিতার দ্বিতীয় পর্ব শেষ করেন সিদ্দিুকুর। দুই রাউন্ড মিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে মোট পাঁচ শট কম খেলেন তিনি। প্রথম রাউন্ডে পারের চেয়ে দুই শট কম নিয়ে (৬৯ শট) ছয় জনের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে এগারোতমস্থানে ছিলেন প্রতিযোগিতার সর্বোচ্চ র‌্যাঙ্কিংধারী বাংলাদেশি এই গলফার।

এদিকে তিন লাখ ডলারের এই প্রতিযোগিতায় দ্বিতীয় পর্ব শেষে জাপানের দাইসুকে মারুয়ামা শীর্ষে রয়েছেন। ৬৭ শট খেলে দুই রাউন্ড মিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে সাত শটে এগিয়ে আছেন তিনি। অন্যদিকে সবমিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে সাত শট কম নিয়ে দ্বিতীয়স্থানে উঠে এসেছেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার জবে ক্রুগার। দ্বিতীয়রাউন্ডে পারের চেয়ে তিন শট কম নিয়ে এশিয়ায় প্রথম শিরোপা জয়ের পথে অনেকটা এগিয়েছেন ২৪ বছরের এই প্রোটিয়াস গলফার। পারের চেয়ে ছয় শট কম নিয়ে তৃতীয়স্থানে জায়গা করে নেন স্বাগতিক প্রতিযোগী চিন্নারাত ফাদুঙছিল।

টুর্নামেন্টে প্রথম রাউন্ডের তিন সেরা প্রতিযোগী থাইল্যান্ডের প্রায়াদ মার্কসেঙ, ভারতের অনির্বাণ লাহিড়ী ও অস্ট্রেলিয়ার গ্যাভিন ফ্লিন্ট কেউই দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে সুবিধা করতে পারেননি। সবমিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে চার শট কম নিয়ে তিনজনই যৌথভাবে অষ্টমস্থানে রয়েছেন।[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=74fdb1c15266a3dd1cac5ffe1c776 cb1&nttl=2011061745121)

Banglaguy
June 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Siddikur swings back
Sports Reporter
Siddikur Rahman moved up to joint fourth at the end of round two of the Queen's Cup with a sparkling 68 at the Santiburi Samui Country Club in Thailand yesterday. Coupled with his first round score of 69, Siddikur was tied with three other golfers at five-under-par 137 (71-par-course) as some 67 players made the cut into the final two rounds. Last year's champion Tetsuji Hiratsuka shot a 70 but is six shots back.

Siddikur, who pulled off his first top-10 finish at this course last year, before going on to lift the Brunei Open, was satisfied with his day's work.

“When I started in the afternoon, it was blowing and I dropped two shots in the first three holes. But I stayed confident and got the round together with five birdies. I'm hitting it good and I'm in a good position,” said the 26-year-old, who is currently second on the Asian Order of Merit.

South Africa's Jbe Kruger hold joint lead along with Japan's Daisuke Maruyama with seven-under-par (135) after the two rounds.

Local hero Chinnarat Phadungsil, the 2009 Queen's Cup champion, lies one shot off the leaders while Siddikur, Chawalit Plaphol and Somkiat Srisanga of Thailand, and Finnish rookie Kalle Samooja are a further shot back in the US 300,000 dollar tournament.

Overnight leader Prayad Marksaeng of Thailand slipped three off the pace after struggling to a 73 where he is tied with India's Anirban Lahiri (72) and Gavin Flint of Australia (71) on 138

Source (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190386)

_Rafi_
June 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
Siddikur had super bad day. Down to 15th position!

Banglaguy
June 18, 2011, 10:00 AM
What is his score now?

deshimon
June 18, 2011, 07:12 PM
_
Sports
Sunday, June 19, 2011Sports
Siddikur crashes hard
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh ace golfer Siddikur Rahman relinquished his strong position in the Queen's Cup golf championship to slip to joint fifteenth position after a third round score of three-over-par 74 (71-par-course) at the Santiburi Samui Country Club in Thailand yesterday. The first two rounds well went for Siddikur with an opening round of two-under-par 69 and a second round score of three-under-par 68 catapulting him to joint fourth position on Friday.

It was a happy day for local star Chawalit Plapho, who overtook joint leaders Jbe Kruger of South Africa and Japan's Daisuke Maruyama with a cumulative score of eight-under-par 205.

However, yesterday was a horror day for the highest ranked player in the competition, as he hit a bogey on the third and sixteenth holes, as well as a double bogey on the ninth. Today is the fourth and final roundof the Queen's Cup, but Siddikur, who is six shots behind with a cumulative score of 211, is all but out of the race.

www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=190537

Banglaguy
June 19, 2011, 04:56 AM
Oh for god's sake. . . :(

_Rafi_
June 20, 2011, 04:13 AM
Frustrating! He ended up at 16th position. His final score is +1.

nakedzero
July 10, 2011, 06:57 AM
Bangladesh wonder boy Siddikur has won Negeri Sembilan Masters Invitational in Malaysia in an electrifying fashion.

Stepping up from a ball-boy to Asia's one of the best, the 26-year-old soared to victory with two eagles on the back nine at Seremban International Golf Club on Sunday to finish with a four-round aggregate of 17-under-par 271 and earn a cheque for $26,230.

He fired a final-round seven-under-par 65 for a four-shot victory over Malaysia's top golfer Danny Chia, who came in with a 70, Times of India website reports.

Malaysia's Rashid Ismail and Shaaban Hussin finished a stroke further back after carding rounds of 68 and 70 respectively.

The Negeri Sembilan Masters Invitational boasts prize money of $165,000 and is the most lucrative tournament on the ASEAN PGA Tour.

"Winning this week was my target and I am very happy to have done that," said Siddikur, who goes by just one name, the website adds.

"This tournament means a lot to me as it was the first tournament I played in Malaysia as a professional three years ago.

"They have invited me back every year and I am very grateful for that," said Siddikur, who is currently in second place on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.

He started the day three behind the leader Airil Rizman from Malaysia. While Rizman fell back with a 74 Siddikur got stronger and stronger as the round went on, the Indian website further added.

He pulled away from the pack on the back nine with an eagle on the par-five 11th, where he hit a five wood to 30 feet, and a birdie on the 14th.

He was comfortably in the lead but there was no let-up as he nailed an eagle on the par-five 18th, where his five wood approach just missed the green. He chipped in from the edge from 10 yards to seal an emphatic victory.

Leading final-round scores (par 72):

271 - Siddikur (BAN) 69-68-69-65

275 - Danny Chia (MAS) 66-71-68-70

276 - Rashid Ismail (MAS) 70-66-72- 68, Shaaban Hussin (MAS) 68-69-69-70

277 - Udorn Duangdecha (THA) 72-69-69-67, Atthaphon Prathummanee (THA) 65-70-70-72, Airil Rizman (MAS) 65-72-66-74

279 - Antonio Lascuna (PHI) 66-71-68-74

280 - Rory Hie (INA) 69-71-72-68, Scott Barr (AUS) 73-69-69-69

SOURCE (http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=5&id=200510&hb=top)

ahnaf
July 10, 2011, 07:50 AM
Great News.. Thanks for sharing bro..:)

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2011, 12:26 PM
Nice. What a player!!

deshimon
July 10, 2011, 04:21 PM
মালয়েশিয়ায় চ্যাম্পিয়ন সিদ্দিকুর

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১১-০৭-২০১১

০ মন্তব্য
প্রিন্ট

ShareThis

« আগের সংবাদ পরের সংবাদ»

শেষ রাউন্ডে অসাধারণ খেলে মালয়েশিয়ার আমন্ত্রণমূলক নেগেরি সেমবিলান মাস্টার্স গলফে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হলেন বাংলাদেশের সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। কাল সেরেমবানে শেষ দিনে পারের চেয়ে ৭ শট কম খেলেছেন ২৬ বছর বয়সী এই গলফার। ফলে আগের রাউন্ড পর্যন্ত ৩ শট পিছিয়ে থাকা সিদ্দিকুরই শেষ পর্যন্ত চ্যাম্পিয়ন। আর চ্যাম্পিয়ন হয়ে পকেটে পুরেছেন বাংলাদেশি মুদ্রায় প্রায় সাড়ে ১৯ লাখ টাকা।
কাল শেষ রাউন্ডের ১১তম ও শেষ হোলে করেছেন দু-দুটি ইগল (এক হোলে পারের চেয়ে দুই শট কম)। সব মিলিয়ে তাঁর স্কোর ২৭১, পারের চেয়ে ১৭ শট কম।
দ্বিতীয় হওয়া মালয়েশিয়ার ড্যানি চিয়ারের চেয়ে সিদ্দিকুর ৬ শট কম খেলেছেন। তৃতীয় দিন পর্যন্ত শীর্ষে থাকা আইরিল রিজম্যান শেষ পর্যন্ত হয়েছেন চতুর্থ। তথ্যসূত্র: এএফপি।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-07-11/news/169478

Naimul_Hd
July 10, 2011, 08:06 PM
^ he is just 26 years old ? okay, even if his real age is 28 (26+2) but thats also surprising. I thought he was 32-33. :confused:

Rifat
July 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
PGA PGA PGA PGA come on I want to see him on PGA tour! the real deal!

Rabz
July 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
The Wonder Boy of Bangladesh Sports !!
Congrats to Siddikur.

MohammedC
July 11, 2011, 05:39 AM
Sorry to disappoint guys "ASEAN PGA" is not in the same standard as "ASIAN TOUR" where you would see top players from European Tour and USA.

Then again win is win.

http://www.aseanpgatour.com/

ialbd
July 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
original bagher bachha....

but ASEAN or ASIAN.... as the newspapers say, he will be the richest sports in Bangladesh very soon. The rise is just remarkable....

roman
July 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
I didnt understand the game until the other day my boss took me to play golf with her. Its a great game..And I must say Siddiqur is our pride. I hope one day he'll get to play in PGA....

Banglaguy
July 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
I didnt understand the game until the other day my boss took me to play golf with her. Its a great game..And I must say Siddiqur is our pride. I hope one day he'll get to play in PGA....

And hopefully he'll bring young talents to the game.

BASSMAN
July 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
MashAllah. Great to see a sportsman in a new arena. Thank you Siddikur, Bangladesh is proud of you.

What next?

nakedzero
July 21, 2011, 12:50 AM
[বাংলা]শুরুটা ভালো হলো না সিদ্দিকুরের

গত ১০ জুলাই মালয়েশিয়ারই আমন্ত্রণমূলক নেগেরি সেমবেলান মাস্টার্স গলফে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হয়েছেন সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। কাল মালয়েশিয়াতেই শুরু হওয়া এশিয়ান ট্যুরের সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সে অবশ্য শুরুটা ভালো হলো না বাংলাদেশের গলফারের। সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সের প্রথম দিন শেষে পারের চেয়ে ৪ শট কম খেলে আটজনের সঙ্গে যৌথভাবে সপ্তম স্থানে সিদ্দিকুর। তাঁর লেগেছে ৬৮ শট। পারের চেয়ে ১০ শট কম খেলে ফিনল্যান্ডের ইয়োনাস গ্রানবার্গ সবার ওপরে থেকে শেষ করেছেন প্রথম রাউন্ড।[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-07-21/news/171782)

nakedzero
July 22, 2011, 10:38 AM
[বাংলা]মালয়েশিয়ায় সেলাঙ্গর মাস্টার্সের তৃতীয় রাউন্ডে যৌথভাবে সেরা পাঁচ-এ উঠে এসেছেন বাংলাদেশের সিদ্দিকুর রহমান। আগের রাউন্ডে যৌথভাবে ষষ্ঠস্থানে অবস্থান করা সিদ্দিকুর তৃতীয় রাউন্ডে পারের চেয়ে দুই শট কম নেন।

কোটা পারমাই গলফ অ্যান্ড কাউন্টি ক্লাবে রাউন্ডের ১৮ হোলের খেলায় সব মিলে তিনটি বার্ডি ও এক বগি পেয়েছেন ব্রুনাই ওপেনজয়ী সিদ্দিুকুর। সব মিলে পারের চেয়ে আট শট কম নিয়ে সেরাদের তালিকায় পাঁচ জনের সঙ্গে পঞ্চমস্থানে জায়গা করে নেন। প্রতিযোগিতায় আরো এক রাউন্ডের খেলা বাকি রয়েছে।

সব মিলে পারের চেয়ে ১৩ শট এগিয়ে থেকে প্রতিযোগিতার লিডার বোর্ডে প্রথম স্থানে রয়েছেন থাইল্যান্ডের পানুফল পিত্তায়ারাত। ৬৭ শটে তৃতীয় রাউন্ড শেষ করে ফিলিপাইনের অ্যান্টনিও ল্যাসকুনাকে প্রথম স্থান থেকে হটিয়ে দেন ১৮ বছরের এই থাই গলফার। ৬৬ শটে খেলে দ্বিতীয়স্থানে রয়েছে টুর্নামেন্টে ২০০৭ সালের শিরোপাধারী অ্যান্টনিও।

এদিকে সবমিলে পারের চেয়ে নয় শট কম নিয়ে তৃতীয়স্থানে উঠে এসেছেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ার অ্যাডাম গ্রুম। তালিকায় চতুর্থস্থানে রয়েছেন ফিনল্যান্ডের জোনাস গ্রানবার্গ। ৬৬ শটে তৃতীয় রাউন্ড সমাপ্ত করেন অ্যাডাম গ্রুম। অন্যদিকে সবমিলিয়ে পারের চেয়ে নয় শট কম খেললেও তৃতীয় রাউন্ডের ১৮ হোলে বল ফেলতে ৭০ শট প্রয়োজন হয় গ্রানবার্গের।[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b7545f7b47b6048a7b6409bc345d2 a9c&nttl=2011072206125350188&toppos=3)

Tigers_eye
July 23, 2011, 01:27 AM
five shot behind the leader. Not bad. Anything can happen in the final day. Keep plugging Sid.

Banglaguy
July 23, 2011, 01:57 PM
Siddikur finishes 5th

Siddikur Rahman ended the Worldwide Holdings Selangor Masters on a respectable joint fifth position while Finland's rookie Joonas Granberg grabbed the prestigious title in splendid style in Malaysia on Saturday.

Siddikur carded a 4-under-par 68 on the last day to take his aggregate to eight-under-par 276, yet fell three short of the eventual winner. It was a consistent show from the Bangladeshi at the Kota Permai Golf and Country Club over the four rounds (68, 70, 70, 68) that earned him a fifth place finish and a cheque of 13,320 dollars.

Fresh off his Sembilan Masters triumph a week ago, Siddikur started with a 68 in the first round yet had to be content with seventh place after a very competitive round one in which Granberg took the lead with a 10-under-par. While the other contenders were up and down over the four days and the lead changed hands frequently, Siddikur remained steady, showing the good form he is in.

Thailand's Panuphol Pittayarat held on to the lead in the second and the third rounds while Siddikur stayed in contention. In the end it was Granberg's closing round of six-under-par 66 that edged Panuphol Pittayarat by a shot as Siddikur ended three shots adrift.

Granberg, the 24-year-old rookie, who set a new course record 62 in the opening round, became only the second Finnish victor on the Asian Tour and said the win was more than he had bargained for.

"I thought I had a chance for a top-10 or top-five, but now, I'm a winner," he told the Asian Tours website yesterday.

"I just played it one shot at a time. I said yesterday that 66 would be okay and now I'm the winner. It's amazing," Granberg said.

FINAL SCORES

273 - Joonas Granberg (FIN)

274 - Panuphol Pittayarat (THA)

275 - Adam Groom (AUS), Antonio Lascuna (PHI)

276 - Sukree Othman (MAS), Marcus Both (AUS), Siddikur (BAN)

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=195522

BANFAN
July 26, 2011, 04:16 AM
This guy is continuously impressing me with his performance. He just picked up the Malaysian Open Trophy. He ranks 120 in the world. Not bad !!

Keep going SR and make us feel proud of you. He is the best golfer of this subcontinent I guess. The Indians playing in different circuits aren't actually indians, rathar of Indian origin only.

He has previously played international tournaments in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and Pakistan, etc. Rahman is the only golfer to have won golf trophies in all SAARC countries.

nakedzero
August 5, 2011, 12:55 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2uzseio.jpg

SOURCE (http://www.eprothomalo.com/displaypage.php?id=2011_08_05_23_12_b)

ahnaf
August 10, 2011, 05:01 AM
Check Here (http://www.thesportscampus.com/2011081015331/golf-news/subcontinent-duo-plan-title-raid-at-omega-european-masters)