PDA

View Full Version : Celebration thread: Bangladesh win by 9 runs vs NZ, 1st ODI

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 06:06 AM
How come there is no celebration thread yet?

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Balle balle time!:D:fanflag:

congrats Shak and co.

magic boy
October 5, 2010, 06:07 AM
yeah :fire:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Zeeshan
October 5, 2010, 06:09 AM
<object width="480" height="385">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AwLpiW1ILLo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwLpiW1ILLo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

iDumb
October 5, 2010, 06:10 AM
I would wait for the series win. This should be a regular thing now...specially in our backyard.

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 06:10 AM
Awesome ZM bhai......Who is Shakira? We have our own Tishma:fanflag:

Baundule
October 5, 2010, 06:11 AM
A great win!

We should not stop here. Win the series and the champagne is on!

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 06:11 AM
My XI for the next match:
1. Shakib Al Hasan
2. Shakib Al Hasan
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Shakib Al Hasan
9. Shakib Al Hasan
10. Shakib Al Hasan
11. Shakib Al Hasan

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 06:12 AM
No celebration until Nadim finds a link

Murad
October 5, 2010, 06:12 AM
:joy: :joy:

Zunaid
October 5, 2010, 06:13 AM
Merged 2 celeb threads.

Shakib we are not worthy ...

Naimul_Hd
October 5, 2010, 06:14 AM
match jita to ekhon amader regular bepar....er jonno ki celebrat korte hoy naki ?? :D haha....kiddin !!

nacho bengali nacho....NZ ke series er first match e harano jeno amader obvash hoye gese...last home series eo amra NZ ke first match e haraichilam ! jodi o series harchilam :(

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 06:14 AM
No celebration until Nadim finds a link

hehe. Don't worry MC bhai..there will plenty of link for the 2nd, 4th and 5th ODI as neo cricket will show it;)

Rabz
October 5, 2010, 06:17 AM
Sakib you the MAN !!
IceMan > Bradman

Congrats boys.
Lets carry on this momentum and win the series.

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 06:19 AM
match jita to ekhon amader regular bepar....er jonno ki celebrat korte hoy naki ?? :D haha....kiddin !!

nacho bengali nacho....NZ ke series er first match e harano jeno amader obvash hoye gese...last home series eo amra NZ ke first match e haraichilam ! jodi o series harchilam :(

Amar o ek e kotha. Eto chilla chillir ki holo?
Khunam khun....lalam laal.....Muhahahahaha

magic boy
October 5, 2010, 06:20 AM
yeah! thanks dr.Z :D

What a win....will be a great booster for next year world cup.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Nafis 1718
October 5, 2010, 06:21 AM
yeah!!!!:notworthy::flag::bighug::great:

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 06:22 AM
Shakib_rulz should open the next match thread as well. If anyone even makes a try......Khuna-khuni hoe jabe bole dilam.....:D

Nafis 1718
October 5, 2010, 06:26 AM
Shakib_rulz should open the next match thread as well. If anyone even makes a try......Khuna-khuni hoe jabe bole dilam.....:D

Right bro...i will help u...:)

yaseer
October 5, 2010, 06:31 AM
Celebration thread e jeno ei series ta bhore jai......

Habib
October 5, 2010, 06:33 AM
This was Shakib’s trademark match.Can’t describe how happy I am ATM.

desirocker
October 5, 2010, 06:34 AM
moja moja ki moja

:lol::lol::floor::floor::goal::goal::flag::flag::f ire::fire::fanflag::fanflag::bravo::bravo::fanflag ::fanflag::great::great:

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 06:34 AM
oh yeah baby,we WONNNNNNN!!! SHAKIB AL HASAN ZINDABAD, BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM ZINDABAD, NAEEM ZINDABAD, LALLA ZINDABAD,MUSHY ZINDABAD, NAZMUL ZINDABAD, ROK ZINDABAD,BIG Z ZINDABAD,3rd UMPIRE SAIKOT ZINDABAD,LOITTA ZINDABAD,MATIN ZINDABAD,SHAMIM AND ATHAR ZINDABAD,JOY SHEIKH HASINA,JOY BANGABONDHU.

*****SHAKIBRULZ ZINDABADD*******

kazis2007
October 5, 2010, 06:44 AM
This is very simple. We have the ability to beat anyone in our day.but need to be consistence on perfermance.

Tigers_eye
October 5, 2010, 06:45 AM
Signed.

Shakib would not be denied.

akabir77
October 5, 2010, 06:47 AM
we beat them even it wasn't our day.. we are getting and becoming a good team.

beshideshi
October 5, 2010, 06:48 AM
My XI for the next match:
1. Shakib Al Hasan
2. Shakib Al Hasan
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Shakib Al Hasan
9. Shakib Al Hasan
10. Shakib Al Hasan
11. Shakib Al Hasan

Invent a cloning machine by tomorrow and I can see your team taking the field.

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 06:51 AM
Shakib should be the next Prime Minister.

Thank you Worcestershire!!!

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 06:52 AM
*****SHAKIBRULZ ZINDABADD*******

Shakib_rulz said:
/:)
:)
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
:E

And we are saying: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 06:54 AM
Ah I think someone just deleted my post. I said...

Shakib should be the next Prime Minister :P

and thank you Worcestershire.

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 06:55 AM
Ah I think someone just deleted my post. I said...

Shakib should be the next Prime Minister :P

and thank you Worcestershire.

oh no.. its still there!

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 06:55 AM
Woke up when Nazmul bowled his last ball and shocked to say the least..I didn't think there was enough runs on the board..Shakib finally has batted well after a long time..and then bowled amazingly..people were bashing the hell out of Naeem with his batting but his bowling was solid..gotta be happy about the bowling but batting has to improve..Imrul looked sluggish as usual, SN's technique got exposed yet again, Rock kept on hitting it straight to the fielders, Big Z looked like he was gonna get out any second, Mushy followed Rock's footsteps and then Riyad didn't seem to even want to bat..we're lucky to get away with such an average batting performance..we should bow to Shakib for singlehandedly winning the match for us..but enough bashing, congrats to this team and they deserved to win but I'm hoping they really work hard in practice because the Kiwis won't be that easy any more and we have to work twice as hard to get a victory..Good Luck Boys!!

cricket_king
October 5, 2010, 07:01 AM
This really was second string Bangladesh team. Good win nonetheless. Not very convincing though.

simon
October 5, 2010, 07:07 AM
this is the weakest winning team we had,I mean a team without Ash,Tamim & not having Mash for sometime etc but still we won,most of the credit goes to Sakib,well done Shakib & BD team.
And congrats to the new coaching staff. :)

nakibahmed
October 5, 2010, 07:08 AM
i was there,it was all about shakib!

When McCullum and Ryder were piling it on,we were deciding to leave and go home,but outta no where Shakib's magic with the ball had begun,a brilliant diving catch by Rokibul to get rid of Ryder...the rest is history(cliche,i know,but nothing can describe it better:P)

almost 5 years of going to SBNS,watching Bangladesh getting whipped the whole time, i could have only dreamed about a match like this one,beyond words,there were epic scenes of jubilation when the last ball was bowled,some cried,many hugged strangers,while the Bangladesh team celebrated modestly,with no one running out of the dressing room to celebrate this upset,makes you doubt whether this was an upset in the first place...yes,people,Bangladesh have certainly learned how to win matches.

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 07:14 AM
This really was second string Bangladesh team. Good win nonetheless. Not very convincing though.

I was just gonna say.. Our team was all over the place. Mashrafee's injury, Shafiul, Rubel being out, Riyad screwing up, we still managed to pull a win. Well done. I am hoping that on the next match, we should make it even tougher for the Kiwis.

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 07:16 AM

Tomorrow's headline in Top News media should be....

"Kiwis bitten by Tiger cubs"

ouch that hurts.....

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 07:17 AM
i was there,it was all about shakib!

When McCullum and Ryder were piling it on,we were deciding to leave and go home,but outta no where Shakib's magic with the ball had begun,a brilliant diving catch by Rokibul to get rid of Ryder...the rest is history(cliche,i know,but nothing can describe it better:P)

almost 5 years of going to SBNS,watching Bangladesh getting whipped the whole time, i could have only dreamed about a match like this one,beyond words,there were epic scenes of jubilation when the last ball was bowled,some cried,many hugged strangers,while the Bangladesh team celebrated modestly,with no one running out of the dressing room to celebrate this upset,makes you doubt whether this was an upset in the first place...yes,people,Bangladesh have certainly learned how to win matches.

Thanks for the first hand experiece. I am yet to watch a BD match where we are the winner.

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 07:21 AM
Shakib is the man. I love you dude
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 07:22 AM
Signed.

Shakib would not be denied.

where is the guy who claimed shakib was overrated? lol

al-Sagar
October 5, 2010, 07:24 AM
I was just gonna say.. Our team was all over the place. Mashrafee's injury, Shafiul, Rubel being out, Riyad screwing up, we still managed to pull a win. Well done. I am hoping that on the next match, we should make it even tougher for the Kiwis.

add tamim who is not in the squad.

and also ASHDAFOOL not needed

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:24 AM

lol probably hiding in the closet..can't believe someone on our board would call him overrated..

Naimul_Hd
October 5, 2010, 07:27 AM
Shakib Al Hasan stars in tight win (http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/match-report/shakib-al-hasan-stars-in-tight-win/620/report.aspx)

A superb all-round performance by Shakib Al Hasan led Bangladesh to a gripping nine run win in the first One-Day International against the BLACKCAPS in Dhaka.

Originally set 229 for victory after Bangladesh were bowled out for 228, the BLACKCAPS were 85 for four when the rain forced the players from the field. When play resumed the revised target was 210 in 37 overs but they fell short, managing only 200 for eight.

The run chase got off to a bright start with Brendon McCullum and Jesse Ryder hitting 53 for the first wicket before Ryder went for 21 off 20 balls.

Watling looked scratchy and was bowled for a 14 ball duck. That didn’t deter McCullum who continued to pepper the boundary.

A fantastic over from Shakib Al Shakib turned the match when he removed McCullum for 61 off 64 deliveries and then new batsman Elliott for none, reducing the BLACKCAPS to a precarious 85 for four when the rain came.

After the break, Ross Taylor and Daniel Vettori wrestled back the momentum with a 50 run partnership for the fifth wicket but when Vettori (24) paddled a full toss straight to fine leg the pressure was back on the visitors.

There problems were compounded when Shannan Stewart was run-out for two and Taylor trapped LBW for 42 and they weren’t able to recover.

Nathan McCullum and Kyle Mills scrambled for runs at the end of the innings but were left with too much to do. Nathan McCullum became Shakib Al Hasan’s fourth victim in the penultimate over.

Shakib Al Hasan was the standout bowler taking four for 41 while fellow spinner Naeem Islam picked up two for 30.

Earlier, all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan led the way for the home side with stylish 58 off 51 balls while a number of other top order batsman got starts but couldn’t kick on after Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat.

The openers put on 34 before Kyle Mills had Imrul Kayes caught behind. Bangladesh then went through a pattern of rebuilding and losing wickets.

The spin of Daniel Vettori and Nathan McCullum did the damage as they kept building pressure and taking key wickets.

Tim Southee and Andy McKay were inconsistent at times but proved to be a handful at the death.

Mills took late wickets to finish with three for 44 with while Vettori was the best on display taking two for 29. Ryder chipped in with two cheap wickets.

The second match of the series is on Friday 8 October at the same venue.

Source: www.blackcaps.co.nz

IanW
October 5, 2010, 07:27 AM
It was one day cricket, so I dont care that much. But carna Tiges ;)

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 07:29 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

soccer20reverse. He is still here.

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 07:29 AM
3 bowlers niyai NZ ke harai a dilam....chinta koren 5 bowler thakle hoyto NZ er pant bije jeto match shuru howar age.

Naimul_Hd
October 5, 2010, 07:30 AM
Tigers draw first blood (http://www.skysports.com/cricket/match_report/0,19822,11066_86182,00.html)
Shakib stars in Bangladesh triumph

Shakib Al-Hasan produced an inspirational all-round performance to guide Bangladesh to a narrow nine-run win via the Duckworth-Lewis method against New Zealand.

The classy all-rounder struck a half-century and then claimed four wickets to ensure the hosts drew first blood in the first of four one-day internationals to be played in Dhaka.

Shakib's knock helped Bangladesh up to 228 all out batting first, a target revised to 210 in 37 overs after heavy rain fell during the New Zealand run chase.

The Black Caps threatened the total before falling to 200-8 in the rain-interrupted match, tight bowling from Shakib (4-41) ultimately proving the difference.

Shakib's half-century came on the back of useful contributions from Shahriar Nafees (35) and Junaid Siddique (30) after Bangladesh had opted to bat first.

Source: www.skysports.com

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 07:34 AM
soccer20reverse. He is still here.

nah Mo bhai soccer bhai was joking. This guy was serious

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:35 AM

ya it was the guy amar something..

Miraz
October 5, 2010, 07:35 AM
Target for Bangladesh to win the series. Target for Shakib is to grab number 1 spot in the ODI bowling ranking.

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 07:39 AM
Target for Bangladesh to win the series. Target for Shakib is to grab number 1 spot in the ODI bowling ranking.

Definitely..we should be happy but we now have to focus on winning the series..our batting needs to improve dramatically or else we won't see another win this series..

Sohel
October 5, 2010, 07:41 AM
Almost single-handed brilliance when all hope seemed lost. Way to go Shakib Al Hasan and all those who helped you today. [বাংলা]জয় বাংলা![/বাংলা]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuKaSgrsnlY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GuKaSgrsnlY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:fanflag:

Miraz
October 5, 2010, 07:42 AM

That makes the win even sweeter.

Following five players should walk into the first XI if they are fit and in-form (for Ash :) )

Tamim
Jahurul
Ashraful
Shafiul
Rubel
Rasel

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 07:53 AM

Lets respect his personal opinion. I'm pretty sure he is as happy as we are.

Star like Shakib will bring many young kids to the field. He began a new era for us.....we dont have to look behind any more.
Winning with this chera-bera team!! Thats the most satisfying point :saint:

মনের মদ্ধে চরম শান্তি বিরাজ় করিতেছে

Nadim
October 5, 2010, 07:59 AM
insallah will dedicate 4 rakat of nofol namaz to this win when i go home.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

revolver
October 5, 2010, 08:16 AM
allhamdullilah

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 08:22 AM
Any highlight of today's link ?
What wrong with crapinfo , BD win there webside don't work

nahaz
October 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
Wow! What a win..

Following were the players who were not there most/all of this match:
1. Tamim ( the matchwinner)
2. Ash ( the surprise package)
3. Mash ( captain)
4. Shafi ( best fast bowler)
5.Rubel (fastest bowler)

Each is a key player...each was missing in their most important role and yet we won.

I am just wondering what we do in the next match...

akabir77
October 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
went to the cafeteria in the next building had my self a huge breakfast as a celebration. had to do it by my self... wish some of you were with me... :(

Habib
October 5, 2010, 08:26 AM

I’m interested to know that too. His custom title should be “Overrated”.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 08:27 AM
Any highlight please ??

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 08:53 AM
Unbelieveable, now win the series or give them a tigerwash.

ialbd
October 5, 2010, 09:06 AM
had a hard time logging into BC during the match... felt incomplete not posting anything in the celebration thread....

Shakib learned a great deal from the counties. The way he handled the death overs was just outstanding.

All in all it happened again.... when the expectations from BD is at the lowest the chances of them winning is at the highest.... Best of luck Tigers for rest of the series...

ashraful1
October 5, 2010, 09:08 AM
Wow Shakib u r amazing u made my day thank u so much, beat new Zealand wiv out cracking a sweat, if anything we need to improve r net performance

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 09:10 AM
Any highlight of today's link ?
What wrong with crapinfo , BD win there webside don't work

keep an eye on this site, they will probably have it up by the end of today

http://cricketsbestvideos.blogspot.com/

DJ Sahastra
October 5, 2010, 09:17 AM
Congratulations to all BD fans. I don't want to get too excited and jinx the other victories to follow, but this is a definitely a day to celebrate with Rassogolla or whatever is the best sweet available in BD.

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hope now they don't lost 4 in a row

Ehsan
October 5, 2010, 09:33 AM
I gotta admit it was unexpected. I gave up all hopes when we were all out for a low score. All props to Shakib. What a player!?!

roman
October 5, 2010, 09:45 AM
Man!!What a game, I went to sleep after 5 overs of NZ batting, woke up to see the victory . This is amazing...But this is just the beginning. We have 2 more to win. but got really sad to know about Mash. Ei sele ta ki injury sara thakte pare na?

roman
October 5, 2010, 09:48 AM
Hope now they don't lost 4 in a row

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I am worried about that too :shh:

aniksh1
October 5, 2010, 09:58 AM
This means Ashraful is permanently out but hopefully Shak does not pull an Ash now and start sucking...

crikfreak
October 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
these guys won with a not so good team.. tht was gr8.... low scoring.. but still.. a win is always a win...n always good to see.. :)

chol_bd123
October 5, 2010, 10:17 AM
We would have got shitted on had it not been for the D/L

BlindSupporterofBD
October 5, 2010, 10:23 AM
Man!!What a game, I went to sleep after 5 overs of NZ batting, woke up to see the victory . This is amazing...But this is just the beginning. We have 2 more to win. but got really sad to know about Mash. Ei sele ta ki injury sara thakte pare na?

Dittio, I also gave up all the hopes and went to bed after 5 overs of NZ batting, Before I turning on cricinfo again, I thought may be BD has lost by 10 wkts,, and then I saw NZ need 22/23 runs from last 2 overs. I thought may be I am still in a dream.... "NZ has shown me, how to lose a definite win match ".

BlindSupporterofBD
October 5, 2010, 10:26 AM
Missing mash for the next match will be a big loss for BD (Not only for his bowling but also for his quick fire batting at the end.)

bdtiger
October 5, 2010, 10:28 AM
we won!!!! great!!!!!!!!!

FaHiMa
October 5, 2010, 10:34 AM
Congrats BD!!! YAYAY! WE WON :D:D

:joy: :flag:

Habib
October 5, 2010, 10:49 AM
This means Ashraful is permanently out but hopefully Shak does not pull an Ash now and start sucking...

Excuse me. But what are you talking about exactly? When was Ash considered as Shak's replacement? And in case you haven't noticed, Shakib has already accomplished much more than your Ash will ever do.

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 10:50 AM
Highlights or thread lock!

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 10:52 AM
Excuse me. But what are talking about exactly? When was Ash considered as Shak's replacement? And in case you haven't noticed, Shakib has already accomplished much more than your Ash will ever do.
LOL I was kinda shocked by that too. /:)

BossMan in wheelchair with his left hand bandaged >> Fully fit Ashrafool :smug:

Bond
October 5, 2010, 11:04 AM
Shakib single handedly won the match, the rest of the players are third class footpaths polapains, can't bat bowl or field. I hope Shakib continues this form and gets some help from Ashraful and learn how to convert the fifties into centuries.

I say drop the rest of the idiots and ghordops, 4 players need to go, Imrul, Naeem, Riyadh and Mushfiq (glad that he's injured). Replacement - Nazimuddin, Mohammed Ashraful (King), Jahurul Islam and Shuvagoto Hom.

bujhee kom
October 5, 2010, 11:13 AM
Salaam Bangladesh! Shabaash Tigers! Salaam Shakib Al Hasan! :flag:

Thank you Almighty Allah the Supreme Love of all!

Totally Bambino ala Babooshkaa all the way!!

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:16 AM
To all those loosers who "outraged" on Nafees's entry, u guiss need to just be ashamed for you poor judgement, if it wasnt for his solid start, Bangladesh wouldn't have made anything near to 200..............

Way to go Bangladesh. Even without our entire pace attack, without Tamim we pulled it off.
Everyone pray for our fast bowlers specially Mashrafee, another big injury he is finished.

Nafi
October 5, 2010, 11:19 AM
highlights please!

roman
October 5, 2010, 11:20 AM
Excuse me. But what are you talking about exactly? When was Ash considered as Shak's replacement? And in case you haven't noticed, Shakib has already accomplished much more than your Ash will ever do.

LOL I was kinda shocked by that too. /:)

BossMan in wheelchair with his left hand bandaged >> Fully fit Ashrafool :smug:

Dont understant how can we even compare Ash and Shakib :lol: This is a pure joke.

roman
October 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
[quote=rinathq;1209936]To all those loosers who "outraged" on Nafees's entry, u guiss need to just be ashamed for you poor judgement, if it wasnt for his solid start, Bangladesh wouldn't have made anything near to 200..............
quote]

Very true, considering this was his first game after a long break he did great. I hope he got his confidence back and will score more runs in this series.

meazz1
October 5, 2010, 11:24 AM
Highlights please, highlights please
or I will not stop drinking...

Trigger_Tiger
October 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
Shakib single handedly won the match, the rest of the players are third class footpaths polapains, can't bat bowl or field. I hope Shakib continues this form and gets some help from Ashraful and learn how to convert the fifties into centuries.

I say drop the rest of the idiots and ghordops, 4 players need to go, Imrul, Naeem, Riyadh and Mushfiq (glad that he's injured). Replacement - Nazimuddin, Mohammed Ashraful (King), Jahurul Islam and Shuvagoto Hom.

I ABSOLUTELY HOPE that was pure sarcasm :confused:!!!!!

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
I ABSOLUTELY HOPE that was pure sarcasm :confused:!!!!!

there is a limit to sarcasm :timeout:

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
To all those loosers who "outraged" on Nafees's entry, u guiss need to just be ashamed for you poor judgement, if it wasnt for his solid start, Bangladesh wouldn't have made anything near to 200..............

Way to go Bangladesh. Even without our entire pace attack, without Tamim we pulled it off.
Everyone pray for our fast bowlers specially Mashrafee, another big injury he is finished.

He was decent but got really lucky on a lot of occasions..his technique is still really faulty which is worrying and that delivery he got out 2 was nothing special from Vettori and SN still got outfoxed by it..I don't think anybody's innings should be praised except Shakib's..he's the main reason why we got to the total we got 2..and its just 1 innings so lets wait for the whole series and see how he does..not bad considering he hasn't played an ODI in a long time but lets see if he can come up with some big scores..and SN isn't the only 1 that has to prove himself..all the other batsmen have to prove themselves as well..

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
let's not forget naeem and lalla's contribution.naeem was the most economic bowler and lalla also kept it quite tight!

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 11:39 AM
let's not forget naeem and lalla's contribution.naeem was the most economic bowler and lalla also kept it quite tight!

Naeem as a bowler did great and was 1 of the reasons why we won..he made it up after his painful batting performance..he's always been a decent bowler and seems to have improved..lets hope he keeps on improving..

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:40 AM
He was decent but got really lucky on a lot of occasions..his technique is still really faulty which is worrying and that delivery he got out 2 was nothing special from Vettori and SN still got outfoxed by it..I don't think anybody's innings should be praised except Shakib's..he's the main reason why we got to the total we got 2..and its just 1 innings so lets wait for the whole series and see how he does..not bad considering he hasn't played an ODI in a long time but lets see if he can come up with some big scores..and SN isn't the only 1 that has to prove himself..all the other batsmen have to prove themselves as well..

bro learn to praise people. If we were expecting somthing like Tamim than u need to take a break. He just got into the team after 2 years under lot of pressure. He still played quite freely and gave a decent start. If Imrul and Junaid were opening, Bangladesh would have been 50 after 20 overs......He played better than Junaid, Imrul, Mahmdullah, Mushy, Naeem which is everyone except Sakib.

Habib
October 5, 2010, 11:41 AM
LOL. Rinathq & T_Tiger, please take Bond's comments with a pinch of salt if you know what I mean :)

rinathq
October 5, 2010, 11:43 AM
LOL. Rinathq & T_Tiger, please take Bond's comments with a pinch of salt if you know what I mean :)

:smug:

Beamer
October 5, 2010, 11:47 AM
That makes the win even sweeter.

Following five players should walk into the first XI if they are fit and in-form (for Ash :) )

Tamim
Jahurul
Ashraful
Shafiul
Rubel
Rasel

Yes. That thought instantly crossed my mind soon as we won the game. If you consider what Tamim means to this team, and also keep in mind what Ash has done in the past on our big moments of victories, couple that with the fact that Mash was hardly a bowling factor and the unavailability of Rubel and Shafi, this has to be one of the best fought unexpected victory. Of course, Sakib compensated for all the absent players. This is a good win.

simon
October 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
pls post whatever vids u hv of this match,thanks.

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
Imrul sucked today. Total waste in the powerplay overs. I'd prefer Jahu in for Imrul, but not gonna happen, I know :(

Anyways Nafees looks OK. Scored runs at good pace, atleast.

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 12:09 PM
bro learn to praise people. If we were expecting somthing like Tamim than u need to take a break. He just got into the team after 2 years under lot of pressure. He still played quite freely and gave a decent start. If Imrul and Junaid were opening, Bangladesh would have been 50 after 20 overs......He played better than Junaid, Imrul, Mahmdullah, Mushy, Naeem which is everyone except Sakib.

I wasn't trying to be to harsh at all bro..just trying to point out that 35 is nothing to praise..if he had a half century then ya that would be praiseworthy..I understand its been a while since he's played but he threw away his wicket after his start..thats a big no no for a top order batsman no matter how long you've been out of the international game..and that goes for all the batsmen and not just SN..Imrul's dismissal was terrible and then Zunaed and Rocky should have continued after they got the starts..so I'm placing blame on the other batsmen for not doing their jobs..what I'm trying to say is lets wait till SN scores some big scores then we can start to praise..

Kabir
October 5, 2010, 12:15 PM
Signed!

Great game...great win. Always feels good to win. Lets hope we can continue doing this until at least summer '11.

Fazal
October 5, 2010, 12:23 PM
Good win with some possitives:
1. Decent fielding
2. Even little risky sometimes, SN showed glimpse of hope again
3. Looks like Sakib is back in form with his batting
4. Some good slogging runs from Mashrafee
5. Rahim continue to show that he is still in form
6. Some good blowing variation from Nazmul (slower balls)
7. Sakib's dominance with the ball
8. Comeback good bowling by Razzak
9. Naim's improvement as a bowler
10. Good captaincy by Sakib
11. Overall good fightback by the team by winning a very diffcult score to defend.

Negatives:
.... thak ajke naiyeee bol-lum

betaar
October 5, 2010, 12:25 PM
Yes. That thought instantly crossed my mind soon as we won the game. If you consider what Tamim means to this team, and also keep in mind what Ash has done in the past on our big moments of victories, couple that with the fact that Mash was hardly a bowling factor and the unavailability of Rubel and Shafi, this has to be one of the best fought unexpected victory. Of course, Sakib compensated for all the absent players. This is a good win.

But don't you think the weather had even a bigger role to play in this win? NZ lost 13 overs for the 20 runs reduction which they had to score in the soggy outfield. I say we won because of Shakib and lady luck and a NZ team that had lack of practice.....sounds pesimistic I know but that's the truth.

Wakidul
October 5, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the first hand experiece. I am yet to watch a BD match where we are the winner.

lol i once did. But the game was against the netherlands, which as u can imagine didnt quite have the same feeling. Maybe if it was football though.. i might have shred a few tears.

bujhee kom
October 5, 2010, 12:31 PM
Good win with some possitives:
1. Decent fielding
2. Even little risky sometimes, SN showed glimpse of hope again
3. Looks like Sakib is back in form with his batting
4. Some good slogging runs from Mashrafee
5. Rahim continue to show that he is still in form
6. Some good blowing variation from Nazmul (slower balls)
7. Sakib's dominance with the ball
8. Comeback good bowling by Razzak
9. Naim's improvement as a bowler
10. Good captaincy by Sakib
11. Overall good fightback by the team by winning a very diffcult score to defend.

Negatives:
.... thak ajke naiyeee bol-lum
Dear boro mama, How come you don't frequent here in BC no more?

Is it something to do with the Palin/Paladino/the Witchy/Arizona Border Patrol - Tea party tight schedule?

I miss you very much, we all miss you very much here! Your intelligence, wits, invigorating thoughts and laughters!!

Did you just get married and became very lajook maybe? That's why you aint posting no more?

Please tell us about the negatives as well....negetives coming out from your mouth still sound like shura/shorbet from the heaven!

Please be back soon, did someone from BC hurt your feelings? Mama o Fazal mama...please come back again!

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 12:32 PM
Highlight will be uploaded in the below link as well:

http://www.mycrickethighlights.com/bangladesh-vs-new-zealand-highlights-1st-odi-2010/

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 12:34 PM
^^^thak.ajker ei khushir dine eishob kotha baad den

auntu
October 5, 2010, 12:36 PM
It proved once again ATMR's theory:
Iceman>SDB

ammark
October 5, 2010, 01:05 PM
I missed the match, except the part from before the close of the BD innings when Sakib was on fire and took the score up.

Was not impressed by Riyadh and Naeem while they batted. But its been a good team effort afterwards to keep the pressure on NZ and win the match. Rain definitely helped us win, but credit goes where credit is due. Congratulations Bangladesh!

....and we've come of age. We dont need Ashraful to win matches no matter how badly others perform! In the absence of Mashrafe, this win is due to the teamwork.

simon
October 5, 2010, 01:21 PM
any1 watching channel i right now,it's showing AKRAM KHAN live.

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
any1 watching channel i right now,it's showing AKRAM KHAN live.

http://allbdtv.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=57
online link for Channel I

Rifat
October 5, 2010, 01:39 PM
It proved once again ATMR's theory:
Iceman>SDB

ATMR is a genius!

He has been rarely proved wrong in BC!

Murad
October 5, 2010, 01:41 PM
....and we've come of age. We dont need Ashraful to win matches no matter how badly others perform! In the absence of Mashrafe, this win is due to the teamwork.

We also won without Tamim, who thinks he is the superman of the team!!

Nocturnal
October 5, 2010, 01:44 PM
Congrats BD Tigers! :)

Ashfaq
October 5, 2010, 01:58 PM

There's only one superman in Bangladesh, and Tamim he is not.

Haru-party
October 5, 2010, 02:12 PM
jitlam.....khushi hoilam.....khela dekhte parlam na:waiting:

nycpro96
October 5, 2010, 02:17 PM
Congrats to the boys.

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 02:20 PM
Any highlight of this game ?

al Furqaan
October 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
But don't you think the weather had even a bigger role to play in this win? NZ lost 13 overs for the 20 runs reduction which they had to score in the soggy outfield. I say we won because of Shakib and lady luck and a NZ team that had lack of practice.....sounds pesimistic I know but that's the truth.

NZ had practice on the match surface... That negates all the practice marches in the world. DL takes into acct wickets lost , even before rain with 4 down inquick time, it was game on.

And we were severely under manned... And the umpires screwed both teams equally.

Fazal
October 5, 2010, 03:06 PM
Dear boro mama, How come you don't frequent here in BC no more?

Is it something to do with the Palin/Paladino/the Witchy/Arizona Border Patrol - Tea party tight schedule?

I miss you very much, we all miss you very much here! Your intelligence, wits, invigorating thoughts and laughters!!

Did you just get married and became very lajook maybe? That's why you aint posting no more?

Please tell us about the negatives as well....negetives coming out from your mouth still sound like shura/shorbet from the heaven!

Please be back soon, did someone from BC hurt your feelings? Mama o Fazal mama...please come back again!

Dear Kom Bujha Bhaigna,

Trying to mobilize "Hot Coco Party" to give Dem hard time the way "tea Party" is doing to some Reps.

I miss you too... but in an innocent way.

I can marry to 4 women at a time, so yes, theoritically speaking, there is some flexibility, but first thing first....waiting for the right opportunity is kind of hard .... its like fishing forever with few fishes in the pond to catch. Plus as you guessed it correctly, I am too shy.... that's why I am missing those half opportunities... that is driving me nuts.

Bhaigna ... don't worry I will come back again, here and there.

Take care

MohammedC
October 5, 2010, 03:13 PM
No highlights anywhere. Those in US who have access to espn3.com should try to upload something on you tube. I would and have done it in the past.

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 03:16 PM
Dear Kom Bujha Bhaigna,

Bhaigna ... don't worry I will come back again, here and there.

Take care

Just waiting for Ash to comeback :D

ammark
October 5, 2010, 04:04 PM

indeed Murad bhai. We have matured as a team overall, performing today under Sakib's leadership.

Fahim
October 5, 2010, 04:06 PM
i know its off topic but in this match where bdesh beat england, can any of you tell me whats the name of the song in the background when bhimrul payesh edges one for a 4? it starts at the 3:00 mark. thanks:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdzivo_engbn22_webcam

Zeeshan
October 5, 2010, 04:22 PM
I have been on a high all day replaying the scenes over and over in my mind while driving. This is like a great post coital feeling to have...

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 04:24 PM
Link please any link of shak special

makorsha
October 5, 2010, 04:28 PM
^^^thak.ajker ei khushir dine eishob kotha baad den
[বাংলা]শব্দটা ব্যবহূত হতে পারত একমাত্র আম্পায়ারিং সম্পর্কে। মাঠের আম্পায়ার, টিভি আম্পায়ার সবাই যেন প্রতিযোগিতায় নেমেছিলেন বিতর্কের রসদ জোগাতে। টিভি আম্পায়ার শরফুদ্দৌলা ভুল করে জুনায়েদের স্টাম্পিং দিলেন না। শ্যানন স্টুয়ার্টকে আউট দিতে গিয়ে লাল বাতির বদলে প্রথমে জ্বালিয়ে দিলেন সবুজ বাতি।
শাবির তারাপোরে মাহমুদউল্লাহর ফুলটসে ক্যাচ হওয়ার পর ভেট্টোরিকে আউট দিয়েও নিউজিল্যান্ড অধিনায়কের আপত্তিতে টিভি আম্পায়ারের শরণাপন্ন হলেন। ওই ফুলটসকে বিমার রায় দিয়ে আউটের সিদ্ধান্ত বাতিলও হলো। যেটি নিয়ে কিউই টিভি ধারাভাষ্যকার ড্যানি মরিসন পর্যন্ত দেশপ্রেম ভুলে হাসাহাসি শুরু করলেন।
শুধু বাংলাদেশ জিতেছে বলেই আম্পায়ারদের এই কাণ্ডকীর্তি ম্যাচ রিপোর্টের শেষে এল। জয়ের দিনে যে সবাইকে ক্ষমা করে দিতে ইচ্ছে করে! [/বাংলা]

I know we are not supposed to be negetive ..I missed these umpiring fiasco..
Umpire go re maair dimu
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-06/news/99174
A good one by Utpal Shubhro

iDumb
October 5, 2010, 06:10 PM
IThis is like a great post coital feeling to have...

As if you know how that feels..:-*

Tiger Manc
October 6, 2010, 08:05 AM
Well done boys!! Especially Shak for that wonderful performance.

Equinox
October 6, 2010, 01:46 PM
Mashrafe hosted a dinner party for the team today at the Westin to celebrate the win and his birthday.

roman
October 6, 2010, 01:58 PM
Mashrafe hosted a dinner party for the team today at the Westin to celebrate the win and his birthday.

I dont mind throwing a party for celebrating his birthday but hosting a party for a single win that too in a 5 match series!!!!. i mean comeon. The job is not done yet..

Ajfar
October 6, 2010, 07:26 PM
what the heck no match thread yet? this is weird.