PDA

View Full Version : ODI Team Rankings

Raynman
October 5, 2010, 11:53 AM
The win put us at 57 points (WI is at 67).

1-4 will put us at 55
2-3 will put us at 59
3-2 will put us at 63
4-1 will put us at 66
5-0 will put us at 69

ZIM (currently 38) will be playing South Africa and will end up between 37 (0-3) and 47 (3-0)

Its a shame WI isn't planning to accept to tour before the World Cup. We might have gotten the #8 slot. I think World Cup matches have more weight so if we beat them in the WC itself, maybe we'll finally be a G8 team. (Unfortunately it will be due to the demise of WI but still...)

Habib
October 5, 2010, 11:57 AM
The gaps among the bottom 4 teams(excluding Ned.) are closer than ever. It's good for ODI cricket.

shakibrulz
October 5, 2010, 12:03 PM
Don't think BD will beat the WI, but 3-2 is pretty reasonable IMO - ie 63 points

Dilscoop
October 5, 2010, 12:12 PM
What happens if we lose the rest of the 4 matches, which we very much will, if we keep making those mistakes and keep up those BS batting.

If it wasn't for DL...

riankhan
October 5, 2010, 12:43 PM
Its a shame WI isn't planning to accept to tour before the World Cup. We might have gotten the #8 slot. I think World Cup matches have more weight so if we beat them in the WC itself, maybe we'll finally be a G8 team. (Unfortunately it will be due to the demise of WI but still...)

It will be called G7 from that point :-p

lamisa
October 5, 2010, 12:43 PM
what happens if we banglawash zim?

_Rafi_
October 5, 2010, 01:29 PM
what happens if we banglawash zim?

the equation will be available after finishing the Nz-Bd and Zim-SA series.

Tiger444
October 5, 2010, 01:51 PM
Guys keep in mind also that WI plays SL in mid November..they play 5 ODIs so if WI get lankawashed then that would help us as well..its very possible that we can jump the Windies before the WC..and I agree Raynman that its more because of the Windies failing but we also have to play good cricket to jump them..also we need some luck to jump some teams as well..

Roni_uk
October 5, 2010, 04:25 PM
I thought Ireland would be very close to Zim or even BD.. no?

makorsha
October 5, 2010, 04:32 PM
We will not get much points from the Zimb series as they are a lower echelon team.

Raynman
October 5, 2010, 04:55 PM
I thought Ireland would be very close to Zim or even BD.. no?

IRE has 39 to ZIM's 38. Since they don't have any matches on schedule at the moment I did not mention them. ZIM can take some strides by upsetting SA, thats why I brought them up at the moment.

Our goals should be:

at a minimum :

1. take a 2nd game in the NZ series
2. Defeat ZIM convincingly to win series
3. Defeat IRE, NED and WI in the group stages
4. Make the QF of the WC

It would be nice but and totally unrealistic:

1. Win series against NZ
2. Win vs. ZIM 4-1 or 5-0
3. Steal a game from SA, IND or ENG in the WC

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 05:22 PM
Win 4-1 against zim is a minimum service
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Miraz
October 5, 2010, 05:30 PM
West Indies will lose only 2 rating points if they lose 5-0 against Sri Lanka. On the other hand they will gain 3 rating points for each win against Sri Lanka.

We have to wait until World Cup to get closer to West Indies or surpass them.

Zunaid
October 5, 2010, 06:38 PM
Don't forget BC's own tool section (available from the menu above) which allows you to calculate ranking point changes given a series result.

http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/index.php

Look at the ODI calculator section:

ODI Calculators
Here we present a number of tools to calculate, predict, dice and slice all sorts of things related to One Day cricket.

As our first offering, we present a ICC ODI Championship rating and ranking predictor that computes the ratings and rankings between two countries after the completion of a ODI series.

Soon to come, will be a interesting tools like

Series result predictors
ODI ratings and rankings
and more

>>>> http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/odichampcalc.php

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hopefull, BD will do it soon and retain it for long.

Rabz
October 6, 2010, 01:07 AM
India r Australia ke ki kan dhore niye asha jae na..before the world cup for a tri series ? :D
then we could have beaten both the teams and jacked up our points and rating and enter the world cup as one of the G8.

How bout that for an idea ?

BANFAN
October 6, 2010, 01:26 AM
Given the low expectation of fans and upbeat BD with Shakib and a bunch of coaches. This series might be ours. I won't be surprized if we take it 3-2

Rabz
October 6, 2010, 02:13 AM
^^ Surprised ??
I would be mighty sad if we dont win this series.

al-Sagar
October 6, 2010, 06:35 AM
India r Australia ke ki kan dhore niye asha jae na..before the world cup for a tri series ? :D
then we could have beaten both the teams and jacked up our points and rating and enter the world cup as one of the G8.

great idea .....

jisaan
October 6, 2010, 07:20 AM
Given the low expectation of fans and upbeat BD with Shakib and a bunch of coaches. This series might be ours. I won't be surprized if we take it 3-2

i have kept my fingers crossed. much will be clearer once the 3rd game is over.
but one thing is pretty sure...
this bangladesh team can bounce back any time which is very a GOOD SIGN for any upcoming nation

jisaan
October 6, 2010, 07:27 AM

on a more serious note, we have seen times when we would fear to lose a game agt any side (remember those ICC trophy days)

now we are in a position, where we can expect to beat any team on any give day.

yes, i sincerely believe that even australia or india can get their --tts smacked :-pif they visit bangladesh

Tiger Manc
October 6, 2010, 08:08 AM
windies yet to beat another g8 team this year and their highest individual score against a g8 team is 74 by dwayne bravo. so it's 2-0 to us as far as g8 scalps are concerned. i smell blood...

Haru-party
October 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
what if its 2-2??

simon
October 8, 2010, 06:47 PM
Sakib almost single handedly won us the 1st match,I can't imagine how the Kiwis will cope against a strong team performance.:)

fuzzy
October 8, 2010, 10:34 PM
bd getting really close to beating WI in ODI. great stufff.

Raynman
October 8, 2010, 10:53 PM
windies yet to beat another g8 team this year and their highest individual score against a g8 team is 74 by dwayne bravo. so it's 2-0 to us as far as g8 scalps are concerned. i smell blood...

We need schedule a series with them right afte world cup
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2010, 01:20 AM
I think World Cup matches have more weight ..
I don't think so. Wouldn't be fair to other tournaments (tri-nation or other wise).

Raynman
October 9, 2010, 08:19 AM
I don't think so. Wouldn't be fair to other tournaments (tri-nation or other wise).

I looked it up and it says all Odis are equal except the world cup finals. Not sure if that means all world cup matches of just the final itself

Zunaid
October 9, 2010, 08:29 AM
I looked it up and it says all Odis are equal except the world cup finals. Not sure if that means all world cup matches of just the final itself

Could you point me to where you looked it up. As far as I understood, having coded the ODI ranking calculator you see in the tools section above based on explanation ICC provided there is no distinction. Now, they may have changed the rules recently so I need to find out to update my code if that is the case.

brockley
October 9, 2010, 11:50 AM
Afghanistan bt kenya,does that mean they are part of the one day rankings.

Raynman
October 9, 2010, 01:48 PM
Could you point me to where you looked it up. As far as I understood, having coded the ODI ranking calculator you see in the tools section above based on explanation ICC provided there is no distinction. Now, they may have changed the rules recently so I need to find out to update my code if that is the case.

http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ugc/documents/DOC_C0B4A990FF6812A97BEED9873F82973E_1251697863098 _18.pdf

my bad. Misread (was on the phone browsing though at the moment).

T_E is right.

_Rafi_
October 9, 2010, 02:12 PM
I am visiting and revisiting Icc's website everyday for the odi players ranking updates. They haven't yet updated it for BD-NZ games(last updated 3rd oct). But they have updated test ranking in 6th oct after finishing Ind-Aus 1st test. Why lazy ICC men updated it only for the test?

dolcevita
October 9, 2010, 03:29 PM
I am visiting and revisiting Icc's website everyday for the odi players ranking updates. They haven't yet updated it for BD-NZ games(last updated 3rd oct). But they have updated test ranking in 6th oct after finishing Ind-Aus 1st test. Why lazy ICC men updated it only for the test?

Can't blame them : in fact ODI rankings are updated when the series will be over .
Wheras for test they update after after every game :
you can read it on the rules
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

al Furqaan
October 9, 2010, 03:33 PM
Its a shame WI isn't planning to accept to tour before the World Cup.

actually its very good that WI aren't touring, its there loss, and their idiocy.

the only teams touring us are NZ and ZIM...neither of whom are in our group for the WC. so world cup wise, there is no immediate effect to our chances of qualifying for the QFs.

WI are in our group, and that is a must win game for us. if we beat WI (50-50 match), take care of IRE and NED...we could lose all our remaining games and still possibly finish 4th behind India, SA, and ENG.

add to that the probability of beating one of those 3 teams (SA and ENG could succumb to spin on a slowish track) and/or the emotion behind the India match, and i actually expect us to progress to the knock-out stage.

the india match in particular is just like last time. team is hungry, our favorite opponents, home game, WC opener, all the disrespect last time from kumble this time from sehwag...biggest of stages with a 1 billion+ watching...i think we have as good a shot to win this game as any.

i'm sure our boys have already started losing sleep over this match, and we all know what happened 4 years ago when that happened: dravid and tendy were left in tears.

Purbasha T
October 9, 2010, 06:29 PM
And so we'll show'em the replay, however it'd be live!

max410
October 9, 2010, 11:46 PM
new zealand will comeback strongly but BD needs to play intelligently ,our captain needs to use the batting power play in the beginning when we have wickets not in the last 5 overs it should give us at least extra 20 more runs to score

Huda
October 10, 2010, 04:04 AM
actually its very good that WI aren't touring, its there loss, and their idiocy.

the only teams touring us are NZ and ZIM...neither of whom are in our group for the WC. so world cup wise, there is no immediate effect to our chances of qualifying for the QFs.

WI are in our group, and that is a must win game for us. if we beat WI (50-50 match), take care of IRE and NED...we could lose all our remaining games and still possibly finish 4th behind India, SA, and ENG.

add to that the probability of beating one of those 3 teams (SA and ENG could succumb to spin on a slowish track) and/or the emotion behind the India match, and i actually expect us to progress to the knock-out stage.

the india match in particular is just like last time. team is hungry, our favorite opponents, home game, WC opener, all the disrespect last time from kumble this time from sehwag...biggest of stages with a 1 billion+ watching...i think we have as good a shot to win this game as any.

i'm sure our boys have already started losing sleep over this match, and we all know what happened 4 years ago when that happened: dravid and tendy were left in tears.

The big games i'm not worried about, it's about getting up for the games against Ireland and Netherlands. We all know what has happened perviously in recent tournaments plus we have recent losses against both sides.

shakibrulz
October 10, 2010, 04:27 AM
On second thoughts, I think WI will be hard to beat with Pollard, Gayle and Bravo in the team. If one gets it going, then its ownage. So keep your expectations low.

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 06:39 AM
nz has the best preparation for the WC i would say.they are touring india after us,so basically they have toured all three host nations before the WC

Tiger Manc
October 10, 2010, 08:39 AM
The big games i'm not worried about, it's about getting up for the games against Ireland and Netherlands. We all know what has happened perviously in recent tournaments plus we have recent losses against both sides.

Yeah I agree about that, first things first let's beat Ireland and Netherlands first! This could turn out to be quite an embarassment if after 10 years of test cricket we can't even beat them on our on patch.

Nadim
October 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2h2m9lh.png

Only need 8 more points to overtake WI:D:fanflag:

1 win against NZ from next 2 remaining ODI and a 5-0 series win against Zimbos will do it nicely be4 WC.:fanlfga:

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 12:28 PM
^^^ if I am not mistaken this is our highest rating (60). first time we enter the sixties.

Baundule
October 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
Wow!!! I never knew we are this close to WI.

jisaan
October 11, 2010, 12:59 PM
Wow!!! I never knew we are this close to WI.
same here

Nadim
October 11, 2010, 01:01 PM
WI is playing 5 ODI vs SL in SL. expecting them to lose 4-1 atleast.

More advantage for us to overtake them before WC:fanflag:

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 01:04 PM
WI is playing 5 ODI vs SL in SL. expecting them to lose 4-1 atleast.

More advantage for us to overtake them before WC:fanflag:

WI is gonna lose just 2 points though even if they lose 5-0 so its gonna be tough to overtake them before the WC but would be great if it happens..

wiseshah
October 11, 2010, 01:08 PM
so if we win against NZ we get 3 points? is that the way it works?

last time i checked BD's point was 57 and today its 60

if we win rest of the 2 matches--our point will be 66 and if WI lost all matches against srilanks,, we will beat them

correct me if i am wrong.

zman
October 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
^^^Sounds about right

Razi
October 11, 2010, 02:09 PM
so if we win against NZ we get 3 points? is that the way it works?

last time i checked BD's point was 57 and today its 60

if we win rest of the 2 matches--our point will be 66 and if WI lost all matches against srilanks,, we will beat them

correct me if i am wrong.

It will be Bangladesh 66 and WI 65.

Tiger Manc
October 12, 2010, 09:07 AM

make that zimbabwe 7, bangladesh 3 and windies 0.

Raynman
October 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
BD doesn't lose any points even if we lose to NZ in the 4th and 5th ODI.
If we win the 4th ODI, its +4 to 64 and a win in 5th ODI will put us at 67
If we lose the 4th ODI and win the 5th ODI , it will be +3 to 63

ZIM will be between 37 (lose all 3) to 47 (win all 3) after their series with SA

WI will lose maximum of 2 points to 65 with a 5-0 route by SL but they can move as far up by 21 point (88) if they win 5-0.

The ZIM series will be dangerous for us as winning won't provide much of a boost but losses will hurt us.

So in summary, wins in the 4th and 5th ODI will tie us with WI. Then its wait and see for WI/SL and our series with ZIM.

Personally, I would love to see us tie WI with the NZ series and actually take them over by beating them in the WC itself.

Spitfire_x86
October 12, 2010, 09:20 AM
ODI player rankings are yet to be updated. Sakib's ODI allrounder ranking page (http://www.reliancemobileiccrankings.com/playerdisplay/odi/all-rounder/?id=6740) shows 20/07/2010 as "Last ODI Match".

This is not the case with test player rankings.

riankhan
October 12, 2010, 09:33 AM
ODI player rankings are yet to be updated. Sakib's ODI allrounder ranking page (http://www.reliancemobileiccrankings.com/playerdisplay/odi/all-rounder/?id=6740) shows 20/07/2010 as "Last ODI Match".

This is not the case with test player rankings.

Yah....I was following that as well. But check out the Ceat Cricket Rating (click "Top 10 Teams", and then select ODI, Test etc):

http://www.ceatcricketrating.com/

BD is #3 in ODI
#5 in Test

:lol:

Tiger Manc
October 12, 2010, 09:37 AM
BD doesn't lose any points even if we lose to NZ in the 4th and 5th ODI.
If we win the 4th ODI, its +4 to 64 and a win in 5th ODI will put us at 67
If we lose the 4th ODI and win the 5th ODI , it will be +3 to 63

ZIM will be between 37 (lose all 3) to 47 (win all 3) after their series with SA

WI will lose maximum of 2 points to 65 with a 5-0 route by SL but they can move as far up by 21 point (88) if they win 5-0.

The ZIM series will be dangerous for us as winning won't provide much of a boost but losses will hurt us.

So in summary, wins in the 4th and 5th ODI will tie us with WI. Then its wait and see for WI/SL and our series with ZIM.

Personally, I would love to see us tie WI with the NZ series and actually take them over by beating them in the WC itself.

Yeah I agree I would prefer to overtake them when we beat them in the world cup. It would be a significant moment. Can you explain how we will gain 4 points if we win the 4th odi, but only 3 points if we win the 5th odi.

Raynman
October 12, 2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah I agree I would prefer to overtake them when we beat them in the world cup. It would be a significant moment. Can you explain how we will gain 4 points if we win the 4th odi, but only 3 points if we win the 5th odi.

I'm going by the predictor. I think since the next win can be a series winner it maybe the reason for that extra point (not sure).

fiasnahk
October 13, 2010, 01:43 AM
You all who are predicting that a 4-1 series win over Zimbabwe is a given should think again. Their recent progress has been quite substantial. They have a really good batting line up, much better than ours. They are also good against spin. So its going to be very tough beating them. At this stage i feel they are very close to bangladesh in strength, and we might win it 3-2.

Rifat
October 13, 2010, 01:56 AM
You all who are predicting that a 4-1 series win over Zimbabwe is a given should think again. Their recent progress has been quite substantial. They have a really good batting line up, much better than ours. They are also good against spin. So its going to be very tough beating them. At this stage i feel they are very close to bangladesh in strength, and we might win it 3-2.

gotta agree with you but a couple of factors:

1. everyone knows about Bangladesh Cricket: Tiger at home cat's overseas...this tour is at home :D

2. Bangladesh can easily handle them if we are
a) not complacent
b) Teamwork.

If this Bangldeshi TeamWork got us a win in England at their home turf, then this team work can also get us very far.

I have never ever seen Bangladesh Cricket Team with This amount of energy in the field, consistenly, their current Body language in the field is super-awesome. granted in the past, many times our fielding has been good, but you know, quick burst then run out of gas type inspiration.

good times ahead(maybe)? :flag:

Haru-party
October 13, 2010, 03:02 AM

:floor:

BANFAN
October 13, 2010, 07:00 AM
Yah....I was following that as well. But check out the Ceat Cricket Rating (click "Top 10 Teams", and then select ODI, Test etc):

http://www.ceatcricketrating.com/

BD is #3 in ODI
#5 in Test

:lol:

I love CEAT. Why ICC doesnt accept their format ? :hairpull:

Tiger444
October 13, 2010, 09:17 AM

I understand what your trying to say but thats just going way overboard there..we have 2 world class batsmen in Tamim and Shakib and who are Zimbabwe's world class batsmen? Thats right they have none..I agree they have decent batsmen in Williams, Masakadza, and Taibu but their not world class..we beat them in every department which is the reason why we usually end up on the winning end against them..I agree though that we need to be careful..we are the better team but Zimbabwe is a pretty good team as well..they'll give us a good fight and we have to be ready..

brockley
October 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
Is afghanistan on the table now after their win against kenya.

Dilscoop
October 13, 2010, 12:02 PM

That's the exact attitude that killed every other top nation when they played against us. But they had a reason to laugh, they were at the top. But we are now winning one or 2 matches here and there, we are still at the bottom. We should not be laughing.

These recent wins will make Bdesh overconfident and will suffer vs Zim, if they take them lightly.

betaar
October 13, 2010, 12:04 PM
I understand what your trying to say but thats just going way overboard there..we have 2 world class batsmen in Tamim and Shakib and who are Zimbabwe's world class batsmen? Thats right they have none..I agree they have decent batsmen in Williams, Masakadza, and Taibu but their not world class..we beat them in every department which is the reason why we usually end up on the winning end against them..I agree though that we need to be careful..we are the better team but Zimbabwe is a pretty good team as well..they'll give us a good fight and we have to be ready..

We only have one world class Batsman and that's Tamim, Shakib is not a WC batsman, he's WC all rounder.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Zim combined batting line up is better than ours in all conditions. Taylor, Masakadza, Taibu are very good batsmen with a very effective hard hitter Chigumbura. Now if you add G Flower to that that will be a formidable line up. They are not as fickle as ours, they are more mature and have better temperament. Their bowling is also good with some good spinners who have always given us trouble.

I think they are more equal in strength. But if we can win the NZ series then the momentum will be with us it will very hard for Zim to win the series. But who ever shows the better temperament will win the series and I think it will be more like 3-2 to us as said before by other members.<o:p></o:p>

Dilscoop
October 13, 2010, 12:31 PM
^^ and to add to that, you don't need a world class batsman/ bowler to win games all the time. If one of those "decent" batsman you mentioned clicks that would be good enough.

Look back at our wins, other teams had more then 7/8 world class players, we still managed to win. If what tiger444 is saying was the case, we would have never won any games then

MohammedC
October 13, 2010, 12:33 PM
Is afghanistan on the table now after their win against kenya.

No you have to beat one of the full ICC member (test playing country) to enter on ranking table.

Dilscoop
October 13, 2010, 12:50 PM
So Netherlands must thank us?

Match fixing?

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
Zimbabwe batsmen are in no way better than BD, but if it's the good old 250 runs with the Roqibul special 50(80), then it would be hard to win a series.

MohammedC
October 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
So Netherlands must thank us?

Match fixing?

On that day Netherland played well and won fair and square.

As for Kenya I dont know why they are still in the ODI ranking table with just 1 point and 0 rating

Dilscoop
October 13, 2010, 01:44 PM
Because they won against a Test nation in 19whoknowswhen. I don't like ICC rankings, it's FLAWED

Nadim
October 14, 2010, 09:09 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/110dl6o.png

We are getting there guy's. :fanflag:

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 11:52 AM
so where do we stand if we banglawash the kiwis?

WarWolf
October 14, 2010, 12:02 PM
so where do we stand if we banglawash the kiwis?
We will be in same position with WI.

Ahsan
October 14, 2010, 01:00 PM

Did you forget that Shahriar Nafees is back in the squad? He will score at least 3 centuries in 5 matches, MMW! :)

jisaan
October 14, 2010, 01:15 PM
We will be in same position with WI.

Insha-Allah!

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 01:31 PM
Champions Trophy here we come.

I bet all of a sudden they will get rid of it. (not saying, it's because we entered, but more like it's Ban, of course this will get cancelled. Plus they are working on other tournaments atm, they need to make some room)

bdtiger
October 14, 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the nice table Nadim.

Dhakablues
October 14, 2010, 01:32 PM
With this momentum, we can beat NZ. However, this is the same team that lost to Ireland, Netherlands not even 6 months ago. However, the team has sufficient back ups now, we have new coaching staffs and moreove, Nafees is back and Ashraful is now the new Rokon...

For ratings, it is important for Bangladesh to move up the rankings. For all the money and effort that has been spent, it is time that we move up and don't get embarrassed by the Champions League sort of things where only top 8 is allowed. Morever, the wins, 5th day test match, ranking only weakens those irritating calls for two-tiered systems and ' minnow' ideas. Have to get out of that...
Still a long way to go since our pipeline is pretty depleted now. Nevertheless, I am just happy to see that finally we do see a possiblity of toppling the great West Indies.. Next comes Pakistan!!

Tanvir703
October 14, 2010, 01:34 PM
Wow 4 points for the last win????!!! Awesome!!! So if we win the 5th ODI, is it gonna add 4 more points??? If thats the case...Bye Bye WI from G8 :-D

Roni_uk
October 14, 2010, 01:58 PM
Wow 4 points for the last win????!!! Awesome!!! So if we win the 5th ODI, is it gonna add 4 more points??? If thats the case...Bye Bye WI from G8 :-D

3points

MohammedC
October 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
3points

4 points.

check post 41 and 70 by nadim

I think you get bonus point for series win. Just guessing

revolver
October 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
hahahahah looool at the website who said bd number 3....why dont they ban these hippocrite websites....inshallah we,will overtake the windies
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

al Furqaan
October 14, 2010, 03:19 PM
We only have one world class Batsman and that's Tamim, Shakib is not a WC batsman, he's WC all rounder.

yet, shakib has won us quite a few games with his bat, as opposed to tamim who has maybe won us one game with the bat. they both have a few more amazing innings that still ended in a loss. bottom line, shakib is nearly as important as a batsman as tamim.

just cuz he's a great bowler does not lessen his batting abilities, my friend. thats a fallacy of exclusivity, which isn't backed either statistically (shakib has a higher average, higher SR, more hundreds, etc) or qualitatively.

no disrespect to tamim, btw.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Zim combined batting line up is better than ours in all conditions. Taylor, Masakadza, Taibu are very good batsmen with a very effective hard hitter Chigumbura. Now if you add G Flower to that that will be a formidable line up. They are not as fickle as ours, they are more mature and have better temperament. Their bowling is also good with some good spinners who have always given us trouble.

based on the numbers, their batsman are pretty decent, BUT no better than ours. they're just not any worse.

however, i think a lot of teh ZIM numbers - and i'm taking ODI stats from 2004-present - are inflated by G8 sides resting their top bowlers, a luxury which we don't get as often anymore (a good thing).

the reason for that is that ZIM have, despite who's been in their side, lost to us by a overwhelming margin, HOME and away. this suggests that they aren't on our level, although closer to us, than we were to the bottom ranked G8 sides. of course, i think we are even to NZ now, maybe even slightly better (with NZ being better in their own conditions, and us being better in ours, and perhaps neutrals)...and I think WI are marginally ahead of us. but ZIM has lost to us not because their bowling stinks, but because they're batting flops against us. the overall scorelines against ZIM since Streak and Co left is as follows:

3-2 in BD
2-3 in ZIM
5-0 in BD
3-1 in ZIM
2-2 in BD
4-1 in ZIM
4-1 in BD

total = 23-10 (most recently 10-4) in our favor.

I think they are more equal in strength. But if we can win the NZ series then the momentum will be with us it will very hard for Zim to win the series. But who ever shows the better temperament will win the series and I think it will be more like 3-2 to us as said before by other members.<o:p></o:p>

i agree..ZIM are strong enough to win 2 games from 5, and on paper strong enough to possibly somehow eke out a 3-2 win. however the fact that we are playing at home, and the mental advantage we have on them, indicates that it will be most likely 4-1 or 3-2 at worst in our favor.

but also depends on the tracks we have. a minefield increases zimbabwe's chances with price, cremer, utseya, etc...a flat deck, and tamim and shakib will bat zimbabwe out 9 times out of 10.

irteja
October 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
4 points.

check post 41 and 70 by nadim

I think you get bonus point for series win. Just guessing
Bangladesh will get 3 points. If Bangladesh win ICC ranking will be like this

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/irteja/Untitled-5.jpg

Tiger Manc
October 15, 2010, 10:07 AM
It would be a shame if we go past windies when they lose. I'd rather us go past them when we've won a match rather than their own demise. I'm looking at the World Cup match against windies as the day when Insh'Allah we go past them and never look back.

Nadim
October 15, 2010, 10:41 AM
WTH? ICC player rankings is BS.

Shakib only gained 5 points for his bowling when he picked up 9 wickets @ avg of 15.55...BUT Vettori gained same amount of points as shak when he only picked 4 wickets at avg of 26??:-/

Although Vettori have better econ rate(3.33 compare to shakib's 5.18) but 5 wickets difference is alot.

_Rafi_
October 15, 2010, 10:47 AM

Shakib only gained 5 points for his bowling when he picked up 9 wickets @ avg of 15.55...BUT Vettori gained same amount of points as shak when he only picked 4 wickets at avg of 26??:-/

Although Vettori have better econ rate(3.33 compare to shakib's 5.18) but 5 wickets difference is alot.

was about to post. I want to know how this system works. How they determine points?

Tiger444
October 15, 2010, 11:01 AM
yet, shakib has won us quite a few games with his bat, as opposed to tamim who has maybe won us one game with the bat. they both have a few more amazing innings that still ended in a loss. bottom line, shakib is nearly as important as a batsman as tamim.

just cuz he's a great bowler does not lessen his batting abilities, my friend. thats a fallacy of exclusivity, which isn't backed either statistically (shakib has a higher average, higher SR, more hundreds, etc) or qualitatively.

no disrespect to tamim, btw.

based on the numbers, their batsman are pretty decent, BUT no better than ours. they're just not any worse.

however, i think a lot of teh ZIM numbers - and i'm taking ODI stats from 2004-present - are inflated by G8 sides resting their top bowlers, a luxury which we don't get as often anymore (a good thing).

the reason for that is that ZIM have, despite who's been in their side, lost to us by a overwhelming margin, HOME and away. this suggests that they aren't on our level, although closer to us, than we were to the bottom ranked G8 sides. of course, i think we are even to NZ now, maybe even slightly better (with NZ being better in their own conditions, and us being better in ours, and perhaps neutrals)...and I think WI are marginally ahead of us. but ZIM has lost to us not because their bowling stinks, but because they're batting flops against us. the overall scorelines against ZIM since Streak and Co left is as follows:

3-2 in BD
2-3 in ZIM
5-0 in BD
3-1 in ZIM
2-2 in BD
4-1 in ZIM
4-1 in BD

total = 23-10 (most recently 10-4) in our favor.

i agree..ZIM are strong enough to win 2 games from 5, and on paper strong enough to possibly somehow eke out a 3-2 win. however the fact that we are playing at home, and the mental advantage we have on them, indicates that it will be most likely 4-1 or 3-2 at worst in our favor.

but also depends on the tracks we have. a minefield increases zimbabwe's chances with price, cremer, utseya, etc...a flat deck, and tamim and shakib will bat zimbabwe out 9 times out of 10.

top post and agree with everything you say there..

shakibrulz
October 15, 2010, 11:06 AM

:bravo:

Miraz
October 15, 2010, 04:19 PM

I don't see any update in the ICC ODI players ranking. They are showing 20/7/2010 as the last ODI played by Shakib.

Can you please post a link with the update?

Raynman
October 15, 2010, 04:29 PM

Maybe because Vettori was bowling against a better team :D

Spitfire_x86
October 15, 2010, 10:22 PM
ODI player ranking is still not updated (Last completed match: 20/07/2010)

Murad
October 15, 2010, 10:49 PM

ODI player rankings for NZ and BD will be updated after the series is over.

Zunaid
October 15, 2010, 11:26 PM
Maybe because Vettori was bowling against a better team :D

^ One of my few emoticon only posts!

_Rafi_
October 16, 2010, 12:05 AM
ODI player ranking is still not updated (Last completed match: 20/07/2010)

last updated Thu, 14th Oct
http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/

nsd3
October 16, 2010, 12:14 AM
If BD beats NZ tomorrow BD will become the 8th ranked team on ICC Table surpassing WI.

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 12:17 AM
The official site is at http://www.reliancemobileiccrankings.com/.
This is the information there.
Shakib Al Hasan

<table id="pswrapper" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.reliancemobileiccrankings.com/images/players/icc_main.gif
</td><td> Current ODI Rating
Current ODI Ranking
Highest Rating
Highest Ranking
Date of Birth
ODI Debut
Last ODI Match
Batting Style
Bowling Style

</td> <td> > 679
> 2
> 717 - ( 05/11/2009 )
> 1 - ( 05/11/2009 )
> 24/03/1987
> 06/08/2006
> 20/07/2010
> LHB
> LMF

</td></tr></tbody></table>

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 12:54 AM
The funny ranking promoted by crapinfo is Maruti cricket rating. Now please check how funny they are..

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"><tbody><tr><td class="logo_bg"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"><tbody><tr><td class="top_hdr1">Current Top ODI Teams</td> <td width="71">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/maruti_zone_logo.jpg</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td height="1">
</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tbl_hdr_bg"> <table class="hdrs1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="38"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> </table>Chg</td> <td align="center" width="23">#</td> <td width="73">Rating</td> <td width="51">ODIs</td> <td width="151">Country</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td><table class="tbl_cntnt1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td><-></td> <td>1</td> <td>74.74</td> <td>32</td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>2</td> <td>65.80</td> <td>15</td> <td>South Africa </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>3</td> <td>64.46</td> <td>24</td> <td>England </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>4</td> <td>58.51</td> <td>20</td> <td>New Zealand </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>5</td> <td>53.38</td> <td>14</td> <td>Ireland </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>6</td> <td>51.63</td> <td>26</td> <td>Sri Lanka </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>7</td> <td>49.07</td> <td>35</td> <td>India </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>8</td> <td>37.66</td> <td>22</td> <td>Zimbabwe </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>9</td> <td>30.96</td> <td>19</td> <td>West Indies </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>10</td> <td>29.98</td> <td>10</td> <td>Afghanistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>11</td> <td>26.94</td> <td>19</td> <td>Pakistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>12</td> <td>26.49</td> <td>12</td> <td>Netherlands </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>13</td> <td>24.62</td> <td>10</td> <td>Scotland </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>14</td> <td>24.41</td> <td>24</td> <td>Bangladesh </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>15</td> <td>21.78</td> <td>11</td> <td>Canada </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>16</td> <td>12.14</td> <td>13</td> <td>Kenya </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="4">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" class="plrbrdr">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="5">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 12:54 AM
If BD beats NZ tomorrow BD will become the 8th ranked team on ICC Table surpassing WI.

Are you sure? The opening post doesn't agree

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 12:58 AM
The funny ranking promoted by crapinfo is Maruti cricket rating. Now please check how funny they are..

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"><tbody><tr><td class="logo_bg"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"><tbody><tr><td class="top_hdr1">Current Top ODI Teams</td> <td width="71">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/maruti_zone_logo.jpg</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td height="1">
</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tbl_hdr_bg"> <table class="hdrs1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="38"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> </table>Chg</td> <td align="center" width="23">#</td> <td width="73">Rating</td> <td width="51">ODIs</td> <td width="151">Country</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td><table class="tbl_cntnt1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td><-></td> <td>1</td> <td>74.74</td> <td>32</td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>2</td> <td>65.80</td> <td>15</td> <td>South Africa </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>3</td> <td>64.46</td> <td>24</td> <td>England </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>4</td> <td>58.51</td> <td>20</td> <td>New Zealand </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>5</td> <td>53.38</td> <td>14</td> <td>Ireland </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>6</td> <td>51.63</td> <td>26</td> <td>Sri Lanka </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>7</td> <td>49.07</td> <td>35</td> <td>India </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>8</td> <td>37.66</td> <td>22</td> <td>Zimbabwe </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>9</td> <td>30.96</td> <td>19</td> <td>West Indies </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>10</td> <td>29.98</td> <td>10</td> <td>Afghanistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>11</td> <td>26.94</td> <td>19</td> <td>Pakistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>12</td> <td>26.49</td> <td>12</td> <td>Netherlands </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>13</td> <td>24.62</td> <td>10</td> <td>Scotland </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>14</td> <td>24.41</td> <td>24</td> <td>Bangladesh </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>15</td> <td>21.78</td> <td>11</td> <td>Canada </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>16</td> <td>12.14</td> <td>13</td> <td>Kenya </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="4">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" class="plrbrdr">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="5">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="6" height="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

That looks fair, Ire is ahead of India :)

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 01:10 AM
Shakib is low down in the list..

<table style="margin: 7px 0px 0px 7px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td class="logo_bg"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td class="top_hdr1">Current Top 20 ODI Bowlers</td> <td width="71">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/maruti_zone_logo.jpg</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td height="1">
</td></tr> <tr> <td class="tbl_hdr_bg"><table class="hdrs1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="336"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="25">Chg</td> <td align="center" width="25">#
</td> <td width="45">Rating</td> <td width="39">ODIs</td> <td width="120">Name</td> <td align="left" width="82">Country</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <td><table class="tbl_cntnt1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="338"> <tbody><tr> <td width="26"><-></td> <td width="25">1</td> <td width="46">49.54</td> <td width="23">15</td> <td width="134">Harris R.J </td> <td width="84">Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>2</td> <td>44.97</td> <td>21</td> <td>Broad S.C.J </td> <td>England </td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>3</td> <td>43.38</td> <td>11</td> <td>Mills K.D </td> <td>New Zealand</td> </tr> <tr> <td>-2</td> <td>4</td> <td>42.24</td> <td>14</td> <td>Vettori D.L </td> <td>New Zealand</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>5</td> <td>41.55</td> <td>23</td> <td>Bollinger D.E </td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td>-3</td> <td>6</td> <td>39.89</td> <td>20</td> <td>Anderson J.M </td> <td>England </td> </tr> <tr> <td>3</td> <td>7</td> <td>38.94</td> <td>12</td> <td>McKay C.J </td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>8</td> <td>38.39</td> <td>22</td> <td>Watson S.R </td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td>-1</td> <td>9</td> <td>38.21</td> <td>18</td> <td>Johnson M.G </td> <td>Australia </td> </tr> <tr> <td>2</td> <td>10</td> <td>36.83</td> <td>16</td> <td>Saeed Ajmal </td> <td>Pakistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td><-></td> <td>11</td> <td>36.21</td> <td>18</td> <td>Swann G.P </td> <td>England </td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>12</td> <td>35.90</td> <td>13</td> <td>Bond S.E </td> <td>New Zealand</td> </tr> <tr> <td>4</td> <td>13</td> <td>34.26</td> <td>28</td> <td>Nehra A </td> <td>India </td> </tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>14</td> <td>32.73</td> <td>20</td> <td>Harbhajan Singh </td> <td>India </td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>15</td> <td>32.46</td> <td>24</td> <td>Shakib Al Hasan </td> <td>Bangladesh </td> </tr> <tr> <td>5</td> <td>16</td> <td>32.28</td> <td>19</td> <td>Abdur Razzak </td> <td>Bangladesh </td> </tr> <tr> <td>10</td> <td>17</td> <td>31.31</td> <td>13</td> <td>Johnston D.T </td> <td>Ireland </td> </tr> <tr> <td>43</td> <td>18</td> <td>30.69</td> <td>13</td> <td>Umar Gul </td> <td>Pakistan </td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>19</td> <td>30.48</td> <td>12</td> <td>Southee T.G </td> <td>New Zealand</td> </tr> <tr> <td>6</td> <td>20</td> <td>30.45</td> <td>9</td> <td>Welegedara UWMBCA </td> <td>Sri Lanka </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody> </table>

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 01:13 AM
Bangladesh is already 8th team in tests.

Top 10 Teams
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="244"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="33">#</td> <td width="44">Rating</td> <td width="118">Name</td> <td width="49">Country</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="244"><tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="33">1</td> <td width="44">103.01</td> <td width="118">India (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/IND/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/india.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">2</td> <td width="44">91.30</td> <td width="118">England (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ENG/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/england.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">3</td> <td width="44">87.68</td> <td width="118">Australia (http://static.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/AUS/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/australia.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">4</td> <td width="44">80.11</td> <td width="118">South Africa (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/RSA/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/southafrica.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">5</td> <td width="44">77.97</td> <td width="118">Sri Lanka (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/SL/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/srilanka.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">6</td> <td width="44">41.13</td> <td width="118">Pakistan (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/PAK/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/pakistan.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">7</td> <td width="44">36.68</td> <td width="118">New Zealand (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/NZ/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/newzealand.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">8</td> <td width="44">24.96</td> <td width="118">Bangladesh (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/BDESH/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/bangladesh.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">9</td> <td width="44">23.38</td> <td width="118">West Indies (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/WI/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/westindies.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">10</td> <td width="44">0.0</td> <td width="118">Zimbabwe (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/NATIONAL/ZIM/)</td> <td align="right" width="42">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/zimbabwe.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" height="4">

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 01:14 AM
Tamim is 5th best test batsman.

Top 10 Batsman
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="244"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="33">#</td> <td width="44">Rating</td> <td width="118">Name</td> <td width="49">Country</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="244"><tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="33">1</td> <td width="44">73.70</td> <td width="131">Sehwag V (http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35263.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/india.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">2</td> <td width="44">60.67</td> <td width="131">Tendulkar S.R (http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35320.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/india.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">3</td> <td width="44">54.81</td> <td width="131">Katich S.M (http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/6128.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/australia.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">4</td> <td width="44">53.19</td> <td width="131">Amla H.M (http://www.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/43906.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/southafrica.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">5</td> <td width="44">50.66</td> <td width="131">Tamim Iqbal (http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56194.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/bangladesh.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">6</td> <td width="44">49.96</td> <td width="131">Trott I.J.L (http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/47623.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/england.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">7</td> <td width="44">48.73</td> <td width="131">Laxman V.V.S (http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/30750.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/india.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">8</td> <td width="44">48.62</td> <td width="131">Clarke M.J (http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/4578.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/australia.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">9</td> <td width="44">47.52</td> <td width="131">Kallis J.H (http://www.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/45789.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/southafrica.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="33">10</td> <td width="44">46.65</td> <td width="131">Sangakkara K.C (http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/player/50710.html)</td> <td align="right" width="29">http://img.cricinfo.com/NATIONAL/IND/MARUTI_RATINGS/srilanka.gif</td> <td align="right" width="7">

Murad
October 16, 2010, 02:43 AM
The list is headed by New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori whose side currently trails 3-0 against Bangladesh with the last ODI in Dhaka on Sunday. If Bangladesh wins Sunday's ODI, it will join the West Indies on 67 ratings points but will be placed behind Chris Gayle's side when the ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point while New Zealand will slip behind Pakistan in seventh position.

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan leads the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI all-rounders. The left-hander is the only player with more than 400 points while second-ranked Shane Watson of Australia is on 367 ratings points.

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/newsdetails.php?newsId=11791_1287128280

Nadim
October 16, 2010, 06:11 AM
From ICC homepage: This is where the rankings update yesterday but it is yet to update @ http://www.reliancemobileiccrankings.com/(Here you can see previous points for Both shak & Vettori)
http://i51.tinypic.com/2q2rcqq.png

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 06:56 AM
Murad talking about All rounders and you are talking of bowling.

Nadim
October 16, 2010, 07:02 AM
^^^See post 85-94

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 05:54 AM
yhhhhhhhhh

we r 8th now:bravo::joy::fire:

Kinslayer
October 17, 2010, 08:13 AM
We r still 9th by decimal places.
www.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/newsdetails.php?newsId=11814_1287307260

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
Wern't nz in 2nd in august? Is that a record, dropping 5 places in such quick time?

magic boy
October 17, 2010, 02:40 PM
this is another ICC bull$h!tt...we are still no 9 !

Nasif
December 5, 2010, 11:49 AM
We can get to 8th position if we win rest of the games and SL also wins against WI.

<table class="dataBox" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><thead><tr><td colspan="2" align="center"> </td> <td colspan="3" align="center">CURRENT</td> <td colspan="4" align="center">NEW</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">
</td> <td align="center">Team</td> <td align="center">*Matches</td> <td align="center">Points</td> <td align="center">Rating</td> <td align="center">Matches</td> <td align="center">Points</td> <td align="center">Rating</td> <td align="center">Diff</td> </tr> </thead> <tbody><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">1</td><td class="oddColor">Australia</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">36</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">4595</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">128</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_AUS_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_AUS_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_AUS_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_AUS_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">2</td><td class="oddColor">India</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">37</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">4428</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">120</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IND_mths" align="center">39</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IND_pts" align="center">4713</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IND_rats" align="center">121</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IND_diff" align="center">+1</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">3</td><td class="oddColor">Sri Lanka</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">33</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">3892</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">118</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SRI_mths" align="center">35</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SRI_pts" align="center">4148</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SRI_rats" align="center">119</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SRI_diff" align="center">+1</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">4</td><td class="oddColor">South Africa</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">25</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">2873</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">115</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SOU_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SOU_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SOU_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_SOU_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">5</td><td class="oddColor">England</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">28</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">3147</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">112</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ENG_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ENG_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ENG_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ENG_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">6</td><td class="oddColor">Pakistan</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">27</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">2442</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">100</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_PAK_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_PAK_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_PAK_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_PAK_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">7</td><td class="oddColor">New Zealand</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">27</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">2511</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">93</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NEW_mths" align="center">29</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NEW_pts" align="center">2651</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NEW_rats" align="center">91</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NEW_diff" align="center">-2</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">8</td><td class="oddColor">West Indies</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">18</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">1207</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">67</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_WES_mths" align="center">20</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_WES_pts" align="center">1321</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_WES_rats" align="center">66</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_WES_diff" align="center">-1</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">9</td><td class="oddColor">Bangladesh</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">30</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">1944</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">65</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_BAN_mths" align="center">33</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_BAN_pts" align="center">2208</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_BAN_rats" align="center">67</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_BAN_diff" align="center">+2</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">10</td><td class="oddColor">Zimbabwe</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">32</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">1241</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">39</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ZIM_mths" align="center">35</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ZIM_pts" align="center">1288</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ZIM_rats" align="center">37</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_ZIM_diff" align="center">-2</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">11</td><td class="oddColor">Ireland</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">11</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">425</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">39</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IRE_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IRE_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IRE_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_IRE_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">12</td><td class="oddColor">Netherlands</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">6</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">103</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">17</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NET_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NET_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NET_rats" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_NET_diff" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td class="oddColor" align="center">13</td><td class="oddColor">Kenya</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">8</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">1</td><td class="oddColor" align="center">0</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_KEN_mths" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_KEN_pts" align="center">
</td><td class="oddColor" id="team_KEN_rats" align="center">
Predictor settings:
<table class="dataBox" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><thead><tr><td>Date</td> <td align="center">Venue</td> <td align="center">Team A</td> <td align="center">Team B</td> <td align="center">Tie</td> </tr> </thead> <tbody><tr><td class="oddColor">Mon 06 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">Dhaka</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b924" id="b924" value="BAN" checked="true" type="radio"> Bangladesh</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b924" id="b924" value="ZIM" type="radio"> Zimbabwe</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b924" id="b924" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_924_a" id="team_924_a" value="BAN" type="hidden"><input name="team_924_b" id="team_924_b" value="ZIM" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Tue 07 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">M. Chinnaswamy Stadium</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b793" id="b793" value="IND" checked="true" type="radio"> India</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b793" id="b793" value="NEW" type="radio"> New Zealand</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b793" id="b793" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_793_a" id="team_793_a" value="IND" type="hidden"><input name="team_793_b" id="team_793_b" value="NEW" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Thu 09 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">Suriyawewa Stadium</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b795" id="b795" value="SRI" checked="true" type="radio"> Sri Lanka</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b795" id="b795" value="WES" type="radio"> West Indies</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b795" id="b795" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_795_a" id="team_795_a" value="SRI" type="hidden"><input name="team_795_b" id="team_795_b" value="WES" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Fri 10 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">MA Chidambaram Stadium</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b794" id="b794" value="IND" checked="true" type="radio"> India</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b794" id="b794" value="NEW" type="radio"> New Zealand</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b794" id="b794" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_794_a" id="team_794_a" value="IND" type="hidden"><input name="team_794_b" id="team_794_b" value="NEW" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Fri 10 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b925" id="b925" value="BAN" checked="true" type="radio"> Bangladesh</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b925" id="b925" value="ZIM" type="radio"> Zimbabwe</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b925" id="b925" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_925_a" id="team_925_a" value="BAN" type="hidden"><input name="team_925_b" id="team_925_b" value="ZIM" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Sat 11 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">Suriyawewa Stadium</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b796" id="b796" value="SRI" checked="true" type="radio"> Sri Lanka</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b796" id="b796" value="WES" type="radio"> West Indies</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b796" id="b796" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td><input name="team_796_a" id="team_796_a" value="SRI" type="hidden"><input name="team_796_b" id="team_796_b" value="WES" type="hidden"></tr><tr><td class="oddColor">Sun 12 Dec, 2010</td><td class="oddColor">Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b926" id="b926" value="BAN" checked="true" type="radio"> Bangladesh</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b926" id="b926" value="ZIM" type="radio"> Zimbabwe</td><td class="oddColor"><input name="b926" id="b926" value="TIE" type="radio"> Tie</td></tr></tbody></table>

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:00 PM
^finally a post!...i have been screaming my lungs out about this since we lost the 1st odi

MarufH
December 5, 2010, 01:12 PM
so are we officially 8th yet?

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 01:12 PM
well..the way its raining in SL...i ldoubt there will be a lankawash...plus WI is in good form so one win for them can make it more difficult for us.

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:17 PM
well..the way its raining in SL...i ldoubt there will be a lankawash...plus WI is in good form so one win for them can make it more difficult for us.

one win for wi or a washout means it bye bye #8 for bd for now..

Nadim
December 6, 2010, 11:46 AM
lost 3 points after the lose in 1st ODI

gained one point after tne win in 2nd ODI

gained NOTHING after the win today

http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/match_zone/team_ranking.php
++++++++++++++

will gain only one more point if we win last 2 ODI.

One lose will be a huge blow; will lose another 3 points

Raynman
December 6, 2010, 12:00 PM
The alternating matches will be interesting

THU : WI vs. SL
FRI : BD vs. ZIM
SAT : WI vs. SL
SUN : BD vs. ZIM

if all four matches (BD/SL) go in our favor, we will for the first time be part of the G8 :)

However, any ZIM win or a WI win spoils that. If SL can take the series 5-0, we'll go into the WC as a higher ranked team than WI.

niqbal
December 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
We have gained one point today. Two more wins will move us to 8th position assuming WI remains in the same position. See the ranking in cricinfo.com:

West Indies 18 1207 67
Bangladesh 31 2033 66
Ireland 11 425 39
Zimbabwe 33 1256 38

al Furqaan
December 6, 2010, 12:22 PM
does the order of a 4-1 result against ZIM make a difference? in other words we should win the last 4 games, but what would happen if we won teh first 4? would we have had more points that way or no change?

Baundule
December 6, 2010, 12:25 PM
I think, WI will save our time winning one match against SL and getting out of our mediocre reach.

Losing the first match against Zimbabwe was a big loss. Otherwise we could be in the 8th position at the moment. That could be a huge achievement.

Nasif
December 6, 2010, 02:18 PM
does the order of a 4-1 result against ZIM make a difference? in other words we should win the last 4 games, but what would happen if we won teh first 4? would we have had more points that way or no change?

Here is the point system from Wiki. See the highlighted red:

Each team scores points based on the results of their matches.
Each team's rating is equal to its total points scored divided by the total matches played. (Series are not significant in these calculations).
A match only counts if played in the last three years.
Matches played in the first year of the three-year limit count one-third; matches played in the second year count two-thirds; matches played in the last year count fully; essentially, recent matches are given higher weighting.
To determine a team's rating after a particular match:

Determine the match result (win, loss, or tie)
Calculate the match points scored:

If the gap between the ratings of the two teams at the commencement of the match is fewer than 40 points, then:

The winner scores 50 points more than the opponent's rating
The loser scores 50 points fewer than the opponent's rating
Each team in a tie scores the opponent's rating

If the gap between the ratings of the two teams at the commencement of the match is more than or equal to 40 points, then :

The winner, if it is the stronger team, scores 10 points more than its own rating
The winner, if it is the weaker team, scores 90 points more than its own rating
The loser, if it is the stronger team, scores 90 points fewer than its own rating
The loser, if it is the weaker team, scores 10 points fewer than its own rating
The stronger team in a tie scores 40 points fewer than its own rating
The weaker team in a tie scores 40 points more than its own rating

Add the match points scored to the points already scored (in previous matches as reflected by the Table) and determine the new rating. However, matches(and the points) which do not lie in last three year range will have to be removed.

Points earned by teams depend on the opponents ratings, therefore this system needed to assign base ratings to teams when it started.

Raynman
December 6, 2010, 03:45 PM
We have a pretty decent 2009 and 2010 compared to WI so in 2011 we might see a nice boost.

I'm thinking

WI in 2009 had 2 wins vs. ENG, 1 vs. NZ and 1 vs. IND that are above them and 3 losses to BD
in 2010 they had no major wins with a loss to ZIM

BD had a win vs. SL + 3x vs. WI and two 4 losses to ZIM in 2009
BD had 4 wins vs. NZ and 1 loss to ZIM in 2010

Haru-party
December 6, 2010, 06:32 PM
dont worry guys....let WI come at mirpur(WC)...we will bit the sh!t out of them and get to that no.8 position....and tell u what...i'm not exited abt no.8 position...iceman the nostradmus said we r gonna be a top 5 team within a few years...i'm waiting for that time to come:)

Zunaid
December 6, 2010, 08:49 PM

Just go to the BC calculator and try out the different scenarios. Mark it L W W W W and then W W W W L and see how the scores vary.

http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/odichampcalc.php

Unfortunately, I do not have the pre-series scores but you could play with the remaining two matches or pretend a new extended series with 5 remaining matches.

Rifat
December 6, 2010, 09:32 PM
I personally want the Windies to win, I personally do not want Bangladesh to reach #8 right now, the last thing we need is overconfidence! that too before a world cup.

so,

here is what i want:

Bangladesh should comfortable win the rest of the matches
Windies should push hard for a win against Sri Lanka

Tigers_eye
December 6, 2010, 09:40 PM
We must win out first.

I badly want #8. Last of the 8 step that remains to become #1. SL come on do us some favor. It is about time. WI just took you down to #5 in test ranking. The least you can do is hand them the #9 ranking in ODIs. :)

bujhee kom
December 6, 2010, 09:48 PM
I shall not rest until we reach number 4!

Zunaid
December 6, 2010, 09:57 PM
I shall not rest until we reach number 4!

Sissy!

#1 all the way.

Dilscoop
December 6, 2010, 10:09 PM
I swear ATMR has a sissy smelling nose.