PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Fielding Coach and Bowling Coach

BCBLFC
October 5, 2010, 05:07 PM
I didn't watch the first ODI against NZ but am keen to hear from those who did watch the match.

Were there any clear signs of an improvement in fielding in terms of intensity and concentration and thus has Julien Fountain had a positive impact?

It was probably less clear in regards to the bowling coach due to the reduced amount of overs bowled by the pacers.

Zeeshan
October 5, 2010, 05:11 PM
To early to tell. Whatever change gon happen aint gon happen overnight.

dolcevita
October 5, 2010, 05:21 PM
Wait until the series is over
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Purbasha T
October 5, 2010, 06:04 PM
Heard Nazmul bowled good slowers in the last over.

M.H.Rubel
October 5, 2010, 06:24 PM
One thing i am sure that is both of these two coaches will pressurize Siddons to bring back winning mentality in our boys.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

FagunerAgun
October 5, 2010, 09:03 PM
Nice thread but too early to justify.

Dilscoop
October 5, 2010, 09:22 PM
I thought the fielders did decent job. Of course excluding Razzak. Missed a run out chance.
Besides him, every one was after the ball. It's not super, but better than earlier. I thought the 12th man did a great job, saving those later 4s

Holden
October 5, 2010, 09:55 PM
I thought the fielders did decent job. Of course excluding Razzak. Missed a run out chance.
Besides him, every one was after the ball. It's not super, but better than earlier. I thought the 12th man did a great job, saving those later 4s

Completely agree with the point about Shuvo, the sub fielder, he was brilliant in the field, quick pick up followed by sharp accurate throws, and sliding around to save boundaries

Ajfar
October 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
I think Pont and Fountaine injected some much needed confidence into our players which JS alone couldn't do in the past. Still its way too early to make any calls. I think we'll have a much better idea after the Zim series.

yaseer
October 5, 2010, 10:26 PM
Too early to tell. The whole series can give us some idea. There will be ups and downs and I am waiting to see how players react to each stages.

Murad
October 5, 2010, 10:33 PM
[বাংলা] ইনিংসের শেষ ওভারের প্রথম তিন বলই ডট! এমন চাপের মধ্যে কৌশলটা কী ছিল?
নাজমুল: ওর মধ্যে দুটো স্লোয়ার ছিল। মিলস আসলে গতির বৈচিত্র্যে হতভম্ব হয়ে গিয়েছিল। বলে তো ব্যাটই লাগাতে পারেনি। স্লোয়ার দেওয়াটা পরিকল্পনার মধ্যেই ছিল। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এখন পেসারদের অন্যতম অস্ত্র স্লোয়ার। গতিতে বৈচিত্র্য আনতে না পারলে সমস্যা। আমাদের বোলিং কোচও স্লোয়ার নিয়ে আমাদের সঙ্গে কাজ করছেন[/বাংলা]।

cricket_pagol
October 5, 2010, 11:17 PM
Ground fielding has definitely improved. Some of the saves near the boundary rope was quite remarkable (i guess shuvo deserves credit for this)!

Zeeshan
October 5, 2010, 11:19 PM
^Shuvo. He was playing his heart out as a sub...

Dilscoop
October 5, 2010, 11:20 PM
[বাংলা] ইনিংসের শেষ ওভারের প্রথম তিন বলই ডট! এমন চাপের মধ্যে কৌশলটা কী ছিল?
নাজমুল: ওর মধ্যে দুটো স্লোয়ার ছিল। মিলস আসলে গতির বৈচিত্র্যে হতভম্ব হয়ে গিয়েছিল। বলে তো ব্যাটই লাগাতে পারেনি। স্লোয়ার দেওয়াটা পরিকল্পনার মধ্যেই ছিল। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এখন পেসারদের অন্যতম অস্ত্র স্লোয়ার। গতিতে বৈচিত্র্য আনতে না পারলে সমস্যা। আমাদের বোলিং কোচও স্লোয়ার নিয়ে আমাদের সঙ্গে কাজ করছেন[/বাংলা]।
He shouldn't get so excited about it. If it was a proper batsman, instead of Mills, 6 6 6, game over

bujhee kom
October 5, 2010, 11:33 PM
Ohhh what an impact! Super impact!

_Rafi_
October 5, 2010, 11:56 PM
Some of the Shuvo's ground fielding was exceptional. He sprinted better than our national 100m sprinters.

Ajfar
October 6, 2010, 12:04 AM
He shouldn't get so excited about it. If it was a proper batsman, instead of Mills, 6 6 6, game over

not necessarily. When you need 18 runs of the last over, that puts a lot of pressure on you. I do agree that if it was a proper batsman, say like Brandon Mccullum he probably could have scored some runs off those slower deliveries, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he missed them all too. Shafiul got Trott with a slower ball in bristol, and trott is not that bad of a batsman.

Dilscoop
October 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
Only difference is Shafiul didn't bowl 3 of em in a row.

Murad
October 6, 2010, 12:19 AM

Did he get excited?

Ajfar
October 6, 2010, 12:19 AM
^ true that.

BANFAN
October 6, 2010, 12:46 AM
Didnt see the match, but nice to hear that our fielding was good. Bowling coach will take a lot of time to make some impact, while the fielding coach can make immediate impact by just changing their attitude in the field.

Rabz
October 6, 2010, 12:55 AM
Well, we won a match without Tamim, Ash and Mash. That speaks for itself.
All the coaches gets their due share of applause.

Fielding was definitely improved.
Bowling ?? well, that crucial last over from Nazmul was great.

max410
October 6, 2010, 01:34 AM
there was a run out and catches were taken bowling was better the next match will show what we have improved

Zeeshan
October 6, 2010, 01:39 AM
*passes out a plate of fresh powder of punctuations*

Ashfaq
October 6, 2010, 02:31 AM
We'll know after the World Cup.

Naimul_Hd
October 6, 2010, 02:51 AM
Having a fielding and bowling coach, bowlers can not make any excuses, thats also put them on some pressure to perform well on the field.