PDA

View Full Version : BD vs NZ ODI 1: Final 3 Overs

Nasif
October 6, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think bowling in the final 3 overs were crucial. 30 Runs from 18 balls is quite achievable target; especially in this day and age where T20 style batting is everywhere. The way Nazmul and Shakib kept their cool was very professional. We have seen many examples of giving in to the pressure and gifting away the win. In this instance both of the bowlers were very mature in their approach. Shakib's bowling was just too good. Nazmul also maintained good line and length. It was a good finish to watch after a long time.

See how Nazmul and Shakib denied NZ their win (Watch it at 480p or 720p, youtube defaults to low resolution):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crdVPGjyegU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crdVPGjyegU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

iDumb
October 6, 2010, 09:42 PM
thank you Nasif. Finally you've made some contribution to this site.

beshideshi
October 6, 2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks Nasif bro! I could not believe that Nazmul managed to bowl 3 dot balls in the last over, truly remarkable.

magic boy
October 6, 2010, 10:10 PM
thanks Nasif bhai for highlighting the improvement of BD pacers at this critical stage of match. previously we used to chock to death though nearly winning the match. gotta see how other bowlers do

Zunaid
October 6, 2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks Nasif bro! I could not believe that Nazmul managed to bowl 3 dot balls in the last over, truly remarkable.

Not surprising. Neither Mash nor Sharapova can bowl well in the death overs. Heck - even Tareq Aziz can (don't forget our first real ODI win after a 5 year wait). Shafiul does well too - hoping to see him back soon.

shakibrulz
October 6, 2010, 10:26 PM
Neat work by Nazmul :) Thanks for the vidz bro.

And not to forget BossMan's over, those Yorker length deliveries are unplayable :D

BTW Tim southee was out there plumb :mad:

cricket_dorshok
October 6, 2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Nasif.

max410
October 6, 2010, 11:04 PM
awesome what a finish

al Furqaan
October 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
excellent work Nasif...

i'm glad BC is finally making their own videos as PakPassion has done for years now.

i think its time for us to create a special BC archive for such videos, past and future.

Zeeshan
October 7, 2010, 12:34 AM
Lmao @ orphy...

Thnx nasifda

shafayeen
October 7, 2010, 12:43 AM
nasif bhai, Great Work.

2nd ball of Najmul's over was a length ball, if Mills had been able to hit it, 12 of 4??....Najmul bowled brilliant, and amader Shakib is The Great.

beshideshi
October 7, 2010, 01:04 AM
Not surprising. Neither Mash nor Sharapova can bowl well in the death overs. Heck - even Tareq Aziz can (don't forget our first real ODI win after a 5 year wait). Shafiul does well too - hoping to see him back soon.

Bowling good in the death overs is one thing, but bowling 3 dot balls in the last over, specially when only 18 runs needed is quite remarkable.
I also remember Tareq Aziz's last over and someone trying to uproot the stumps after the 5th ball[when the game was won]. And completely agree about Mash and Maria being horrendous death over bowlers!

wiseshah
October 7, 2010, 01:07 AM
thanks nasif

though i am the biggest fan of masrafe but i am sure, if he would bowl last over, we would have lost this match

RazabQ
October 7, 2010, 01:48 AM
Good point Nasif. Nazmul is showing that you need accuracy, control and brains to be effective at the death. Rubel & Shafiul should learn. Shak should have had the five-for. That was plumb.

yaseer
October 7, 2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks thousand times Nasif bhai......

yaseer
October 7, 2010, 02:11 AM
Tim Southee was clear LBW on Sakib's last ball.

Nocturnal
October 7, 2010, 02:20 AM
thank you Nasif for both highlights! :)

Dilscoop
October 7, 2010, 02:25 AM
Nazmul always bowled well @ the death overs, at least better than our other fast bowlers. I bet if you do some stat guru stuff, it will prove my point. But he was never settled in the XI. Idk why we always shuffle our bowlers around. And this is not the 1st time Nazmul was added to the squad at the last min. And then got injured

Naimul_Hd
October 7, 2010, 02:41 AM

i also believe. That denied him fifer ! :(

MohammedC
October 7, 2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks Nasif Bhai
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

cricket_pagol
October 7, 2010, 07:24 AM
Good point Nasif. Nazmul is showing that you need accuracy, control and brains to be effective at the death. Rubel & Shafiul should learn. Shak should have had the five-for. That was plumb.

I think Shafiul is our best death bowler, and he always improving! I would say Rubel and mash needs to be a bit more effective during the death overs.

Thanks for posting the video, I was able to relive the glorious moments of victory!

wiseshah
October 7, 2010, 07:26 AM
mashrafe should never bowl in the death over. period

simon
October 7, 2010, 07:26 AM

indeed,anyway maaf kore dilam.
Thanks Nasif bro,
now can we get the last 5 overs of BD innings when Mash & Sak were batting pls.:saint:

Miraz
October 7, 2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Nasif bhai. Those who brand Nazmul as parar bowler shoould watch the last over. This was probably the best last over bowled by a Bangladeshi bowler given the circumstances.

He has also bowled pretty well at home against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. He has his limitations but he uses his head a lot better than bowlers like Shahadat.

Mahmood
October 7, 2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Nasif, loved it. It was awesome watching Nazmul bowl.. the most underrated player of Bangladesh.

akabir77
October 7, 2010, 08:50 AM
Question: Wasn't it Nazmul who also bowled the last over against ZIMB in ZIMB that we win after 5 years or something? just wondering...

Thanks Nasif Bhai... loved the vdo. hope I won't get fired now for watching it @ work...

_Rafi_
October 7, 2010, 09:40 AM
There was no power play in effect in last 3 overs which helped both Shakib and Nazmul.

magic boy
October 7, 2010, 09:49 AM
Question: Wasn't it Nazmul who also bowled the last over against ZIMB in ZIMB that we win after 5 years or something? just wondering...

It was Tareq Aziz. another underrated bowler wasted away by the time

3.1 to Flower, gone! good length delivery, pitched touch outside the off stump and angling in, Flower moves forward and gets hit on the pad, huge appeal and the dreaded finger goes up, Aziz strikes early 12/1

49.1 to Matsikenyeri, bowled'im! good length delivery on the middle and leg stump line, Matsikenyeri swing but makes no contact, ball crashes into the stumps, Aziz celebrates, it's party time! 226/8

49.2 to Hondo, oh dear! Hondo goes for a duck! pitched up on the middle and off, another big swing and a miss, woodwork rearranged, Aziz on a hat-trick now, Bangladesh almost home! 226/9

meazz1
October 7, 2010, 11:26 AM
thanks Nasif.

MarufH
October 7, 2010, 11:49 AM
Damn... batsman was plumbed last ball of Sakibs over... so he got denied by the umpire. !!!!

RazabQ
October 7, 2010, 12:21 PM
Nazmul is always going to be a limited bowler. What he did on those last overs, if he was facing a proper batsman, he'd get creamed. I think he's at his best on our low, slow wickets. On sporting wickets people will just walk down to him and tonk him. But given the WC is in our backyard, he's a worthwhile investment.

Tiger444
October 7, 2010, 12:46 PM
Nazmul is always going to be a limited bowler. What he did on those last overs, if he was facing a proper batsman, he'd get creamed. I think he's at his best on our low, slow wickets. On sporting wickets people will just walk down to him and tonk him. But given the WC is in our backyard, he's a worthwhile investment.

Ya on NZ pitches remember how he bowled? He was horrible there..so that just shows he's a good bowler for BD wickets and thats it..and also he should be used only in ODIs..he's a short term solution until Rubel and Shafiul get fully developed..

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks Nasif bhai. Those who brand Nazmul as parar bowler shoould watch the last over. This was probably the best last over bowled by a Bangladeshi bowler given the circumstances.
That was bowled by Shafiul against England :waiting:

nycpro96
October 7, 2010, 02:40 PM
Wow. Great stuff from Nazmul. He deserves some more chances with the new ball.

Murad
October 7, 2010, 03:27 PM
nasif bhai, ei video gulo kon software diye record koren? ami google korchi but jegulo pai bole je pay korte hobe.

chol_bd123
October 7, 2010, 03:33 PM
Nazmul always bowled well @ the death overs, at least better than our other fast bowlers. I bet if you do some stat guru stuff, it will prove my point. But he was never settled in the XI. Idk why we always shuffle our bowlers around. And this is not the 1st time Nazmul was added to the squad at the last min. And then got injured

LMFAO, you all were probably crying for his head when he got hit all over the ground by Jacob Oram in ODI one of Bangladesh's tour of NZ.

Oram scored like 25 runs in just two of Nazmul's overs

betaar
October 7, 2010, 04:35 PM

He has also bowled pretty well at home against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. He has his limitations but he uses his head a lot better than bowlers like Shahadat.

I still consider him as parar bowler. He'll be hit all over the park in pitches that are true in bounce and pace (because he lacks in both).

Haru-party
October 7, 2010, 04:43 PM
vaggo valo shakib umpire modnare happor diya boshe nay...lolz.....jemne takaise

Tiger444
October 7, 2010, 04:58 PM
In 7 matches at home Nazmul picked up 10 wickets at an avg of a 27 against G8..which is great..once he goes away from home then he really struggles..12 matches and only 7 wickets at an avg of a 78..ouch is what I say when I see that..just clearly shows how much he struggles with pitches abroad..we should just use him in home ODIs but no way we should ever take him to away tours..

kalpurush
October 7, 2010, 05:50 PM
Many thanks Nasif bhai for the video.:)

Nasif
October 7, 2010, 06:15 PM
nasif bhai, ei video gulo kon software diye record koren? ami google korchi but jegulo pai bole je pay korte hobe.

I use Expressions Blend; you can use any screen capture tool. Much easier than stream capture.

cricket_king
October 7, 2010, 06:57 PM
To be honest, Mills just missed some quite hit-able deliveries in the final over. Any decent batsman would've hammmered at least 2 or those first 3 deliveries. Nazmul was very fortunate as Mills cracked under pressure.

Ajfar
October 7, 2010, 07:04 PM
^ yup. I think Shakib practically won the game for us when he got rid of N. Mccullum. He was there last recognized batsman. If he was still there in the last over, it could have been a tight finish.

Murad
October 7, 2010, 07:29 PM
I use Expressions Blend; you can use any screen capture tool. Much easier than stream capture.

Thanks Nasif bhai. Got one. Cute Screen Recorder. Not so bad.

CricFanBD
October 8, 2010, 01:06 AM
Best Thread in 2010. Thanks a lot to Thread Opener.

Tiger Manc
October 8, 2010, 08:43 AM
I can't stop watching that video. We need more videos of our cricket so we can look back on the memories.

Purbasha T
October 8, 2010, 10:39 AM
Now seriously c'mon!! Has no one noticed the ''..brilliant 'piece of stuff'..''? :floor:

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 06:14 AM
^^^i did,hahahaha!that's his favourite line,brilliant stuff/brilliant piece of fielding,etc etc

Tiger Manc
October 10, 2010, 08:42 AM
shamim's is even better. he starts a question to vettori about the way mccullum and ryder batted and then finishes the sentence with what do you think of the bangladeshi batting lol.

wiseshah
October 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
can we get the whole match high lights?

or more BD batting high lights

FagunerAgun
October 10, 2010, 09:07 AM
A good one I saw it after a long time.

Habib
October 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
shamim's is even better. he starts a question to vettori about the way mccullum and ryder batted and then finishes the sentence with what do you think of the bangladeshi batting lol.

And Vettori did the right thing by ignoring the question & talking about NZ's batting instead. Will there ever be a decent BD commentator? Seriously.

Purbasha T
October 10, 2010, 10:11 AM
^^^i did,hahahaha!that's his favourite line,brilliant stuff/brilliant piece of fielding,etc etc

those at least makes sense, but ''..brilliant piece of stuff..'' makes no sense! lollll!!