PDA

View Full Version : How does expectation effect the outcome......

rinathq
October 6, 2010, 11:13 PM
So a lot of talk going on about Mash's bravado at BC. Lets look at some of the reason why Mash was able to defeat 2 big teams right after he started as a captain.

If u look back at out captains before,
Bashar, Pilot, Ashraful, Sakib....everyone had the same intention. Against tough teams they wanted to win a game or 2 in a series and achieve a respectable position. Now look at Mash. His goal is not to win 1-2 games but to win the series against whatever team it doesnt matter. His goal is 5-0, not 1-5 or 2-5. He doesn't want to achieve respectable position but he wants to reach as high as possible which is definitely higher than "respectable" position. I think this is why he is getting the wins. When u target for 5, u work like that and even though things dunt work out ur way, u manage to get 1-2. But if u r aiming for 1 or 2 than ur expectation are set too low and u end up achieving below ur expectation. The teams should always try for the best. Everyone wants to win, i know that. But not everyone has the bravado to want to win it all.

Please pray for Mash, we need him back. Without his support, his determination, his encouragement to the team, we cannot move forward.

MarufH
October 6, 2010, 11:53 PM
We need him for WC.

Purbasha T
October 7, 2010, 02:07 PM
True said. He's a leader!

Habib
October 7, 2010, 02:43 PM
Ermm none of the above. He just got lucky.

Rabz
October 7, 2010, 03:38 PM
Mash has to be the unluckiest captain in the history of cricket.
Who would have thought that the lighting does strike twice.....

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 09:02 PM
Ermm none of the above. He just got lucky.

2 twice?
anyways luck just doesnt drop on u, u have to give ur fullest and rest is with luck. If u dunt aim for or dunt work hard, luck will only take u to, "Exciting moments in the game, respectable defeat, ok preformance" not win

napoleonIV
October 7, 2010, 09:36 PM
So a lot of talk going on about Mash's bravado at BC. Lets look at some of the reason why Mash was able to defeat 2 big teams right after he started as a captain.

If u look back at out captains before,
Bashar, Pilot, Ashraful, Sakib....everyone had the same intention. Against tough teams they wanted to win a game or 2 in a series and achieve a respectable position. Now look at Mash. His goal is not to win 1-2 games but to win the series against whatever team it doesnt matter. His goal is 5-0, not 1-5 or 2-5. He doesn't want to achieve respectable position but he wants to reach as high as possible which is definitely higher than "respectable" position. I think this is why he is getting the wins. When u target for 5, u work like that and even though things dunt work out ur way, u manage to get 1-2. But if u r aiming for 1 or 2 than ur expectation are set too low and u end up achieving below ur expectation. The teams should always try for the best. Everyone wants to win, i know that. But not everyone has the bravado to want to win it all.

Please pray for Mash, we need him back. Without his support, his determination, his encouragement to the team, we cannot move forward.

Why are you putting Shakib in the same bracket as others? Also, in the latest win, Shakib had to captain the team for a significant part of the match.

Any genuine Bangladeshi cricket fan has a lot of love and respect for Mashrafee. He is surely one of our best cricketers, both in terms of skills and attitude. But glorifying him need not be done at the expense of Shakib, which seems to be a recurring theme in your posts.

Habib
October 7, 2010, 10:23 PM
2 twice?
anyways luck just doesnt drop on u, u have to give ur fullest and rest is with luck. If u dunt aim for or dunt work hard, luck will only take u to, "Exciting moments in the game, respectable defeat, ok preformance" not win

In the last game he was unable to bowl more than 1 over & Shak led the team to win with a bowler short. That's what's called match winning captaincy. In fact in that whole match Mash was the leader only in paper. BTW I wish his fast recovery.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:33 PM
Why are you putting Shakib in the same bracket as others? Also, in the latest win, Shakib had to captain the team for a significant part of the match.

Any genuine Bangladeshi cricket fan has a lot of love and respect for Mashrafee. He is surely one of our best cricketers, both in terms of skills and attitude. But glorifying him need not be done at the expense of Shakib, which seems to be a recurring theme in your posts.

Dude, if u read carefully, i have not said anything bad about Sakib. But i pointed out how Mash is different than others.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:35 PM
In the last game he was unable to bowl more than 1 over & Shak led the team to win with a bowler short. That's what's called match winning captaincy. In fact in that whole match Mash was the leader only in paper. BTW I wish his fast recovery.

Mash wasn't the leader only in paper. If it wasnt for those 15 runs, the match couldve slipped away.....remember, they lost by 9 runs

I am not trying to ruin Sakibs achievement. If it wasn't for him, Bangladesh could have been destroyed.

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 10:37 PM
Mash wasn't the leader only in paper. If it wasnt for those 15 runs, the match couldve slipped away.....remember, they lost by 9 runs

I am not trying to ruin Sakibs achievement. If it wasn't for him, Bangladesh could have been destroyed.
LOL whatchytalkinabout dude?

The credit of the last win goes to Shakib and Shakib alone. Be it captaincy, batting or bowling. :doh:

Habib
October 7, 2010, 10:43 PM

The credit of the last win goes to Shakib and Shakib alone. Be it captaincy, batting or bowling. :doh:

Well that's a bit exaggarting tbh. Though Shakib has the biggest credit, Nazmul, Naeem & to a lesser extent Mash deserve credit too.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:47 PM

I am saying, Its not true Mash didnt do anything thats all, read the post carefully before replying to it lol

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 11:10 PM
Well that's a bit exaggarting tbh. Though Shakib has the biggest credit, Nazmul, Naeem & to a lesser extent Mash deserve credit too.
If you can't defend defend 15 runs in the last overs with 2 tail enders then better not be in the team. Shaks gave away just 3 runs and took a wicket in the penultimate over to make it 15 runs for the last over. So 95% to Shakib, 2% to Nazmul, 1% to Nafees and 1% to rest combined :-p

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 11:12 PM
I am saying, Its not true Mash didnt do anything thats all, read the post carefully before replying to it lol
Ok, got a bit confused by your muddled up posts, sorry for that :-p

napoleonIV
October 7, 2010, 11:18 PM
Dude, if u read carefully, i have not said anything bad about Sakib. But i pointed out how Mash is different than others.

Yes - u did. In this thread you tried to portray Shakib as someone being less ambitious as a captain. In another thread, you sort of directly criticized Shakib for making a big deal about captaincy.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 11:33 PM
Yes - u did. In this thread you tried to portray Shakib as someone being less ambitious as a captain. In another thread, you sort of directly criticized Shakib for making a big deal about captaincy.

No, i did not.....the only team i mentioned Sakib or intended my word to Sakib is when i included him with other old captains and why shouldn't I?
Prove that he is as ambitious as mash?

and yes i did criticize him directly on another thread because i felt like he was make a fuss about it. Thats on a DIFFERENT TOPIC AT A DIFFERENT THREAD. I am glad u KINDA understood that it was in another thread

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 06:26 AM
i would definitely want mash to be the captain over shakib on any day.but bad luck and injury seems to have become mashrafe's mistress or sth...