PDA

View Full Version : Who is your CAPTAIN?

MarufH
October 7, 2010, 02:55 PM
We are talking about captaincy issue in match thread. As Roman bhai found something interesting.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1210802&postcount=72

So apparently Sakib wants a permanent position or non. IMHO, he is right. He needs that in order to have players respect and obedience.

So, as BCB decide who the captain is, I wanna see fans opinion. I wanna know who is your choice of captain and vice-captain.

I personally vote for Sakib captain and Nafees VC. Get rid of horrible Imrul. (no offense mate.. your technique is just not up to par.)

Don't see other choices...Raz is Haba....(not habibul bashar haba... modon haba) and Mushy needs to hold on to the catches first.

Note: Guys, if you choose Sakib.. bare in mind that you want him until WC. Also, think about all the preasure he will be under.

Talk about your VC too.

MohammedC
October 7, 2010, 02:56 PM
Where is the poll?

edit: It was not there when I posted. Anyway voted for Shakib.

MarufH
October 7, 2010, 03:00 PM
^ You are fast... I was adding poll... :)

Edit: When you open a thread + Poll... first the thread opens then u get an option to add poll. I chose Sakib too.

MohammedC
October 7, 2010, 03:24 PM
No contest so far.

Rabz
October 7, 2010, 03:32 PM
Sakib and Sakib only.
There is absolutely no one else in the team who could lead right now.

auntu
October 7, 2010, 03:38 PM
Other than Lota whole Bangladesh would vote for Shakib.
It's Shakib all the way.

roman
October 7, 2010, 03:57 PM
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/640x480/img/uploads/gallery/media-files/image/2010-10-07-16-15-55-085533000-4.jpg

Make Rasel Captain and Dollar VC. Shob shomosshar shomadhan:-|.....

Nadim
October 7, 2010, 03:59 PM
Sir Ashraful! ;)

Haru-party
October 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
Iceman :)

dolcevita
October 7, 2010, 04:35 PM
No way SN near the capitancy , this guy was lucky to scores 35 , first let him scores couple of hundreds and cement his place
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

nycpro96
October 7, 2010, 04:39 PM
Probably Mushfiq.

MohammedC
October 7, 2010, 04:51 PM
Probably Mushfiq.

The way he shouts from behind the stumps the whole world would know his move.

Haru-party
October 7, 2010, 06:28 PM
The way he shouts from behind the stumps the whole world would know his move.

:floor:

MarufH
October 7, 2010, 07:58 PM
^^ :-D

MarufH
October 7, 2010, 07:59 PM
:timeout: Nadim... u r actually serious!!

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 08:19 PM
i dunt know why Sakib is making it soo difficult. I understand his desire to be a captain but he doesn't need to be stubborn. Mash is soo fond of Sakib and they were equally captains in the games. But now he wants Mash out of the way. This isn't sportsmanship. Mash was always happy to step aside for Sakib and now Sakib isn't willing to just play his role until he returns? We have Tamim in the team too who is one of our most overrated player, he never desired to be a captain. Sakib does not realize that he is putting too much pressure upon himself. His performance is just returning, he should stay away from captaincy. This case is different. Now they dunt have anyone to replace and Sakib was captain before. He should continue for this series and then let the board decide.

Such attitude always leads to their downfall

Tiger444
October 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
Shakib wants captaincy issue resolved

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) had to work very hard to convince Shakib Al Hasan to lead the team in today's second one-dayer of the five-match series at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

It was learnt that the world's number one all-rounder, who almost single handedly guided his team to nine-run victory in the first one-dayer and successfully led the side in absence of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, was reluctant to take on the responsibility.

According to sources, the Magura-lad requested the board to give the duty to any other player. Although he finally consented to lead the team in the second match he expressed his unwillingness to continue the duty till the last match of the series.

Although he has, in the past, told the officials that he is not interested in the job for the next couple of years, he apparently confessed to not being happy with the makeshift duty, rather admitting that he was in favour of a longer term settlement, or at least until the end of next year's World Cup.

He was not even interested to carry on as a vice-captain.

"As a makeshift captain I will lead the team in the next match because the time for decisions is very short. In the meantime the board will definitely take a decision for the rest of the series and then I will give my opinion," said Shakib diplomatically when asked about the captaincy issue.

BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus was also queried about the issue and he did not elaborate much: "The technical committee will meet tomorrow to discuss the captaincy issue. We have to take a decision also about the vice-captain."

According to sources, there has been a strong sentiment that the time has come for the board after Mashrafe's latest injury to take a firm decision about the captaincy.

Many believe that it's risky for the team to give Mashrafe some additional burden when he is uncertain about his career.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=157612

Seems like he doesn't want the captaincy according to daily star..

FagunerAgun
October 7, 2010, 08:50 PM
The Ice Man, as always, because of his consistent performance with bat and ball, his leadership and above all, his physical fitness and mental strenghth.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 08:58 PM
The Ice Man, as always, because of his consistent performance with bat and ball, his leadership and above all, his physical fitness and mental strenghth.

U call this leadership?? never heard a more uncertain interview in my life.........
পরের ম্যাচ পর্যন্ত ক্যাপ্টেনসি করছি, এটুকুই জানি’
| তারিখ: ০৮-১০-২০১০

০ মন্তব্যপ্রিন্টShareThi sপরের সংবাদ»
সাকিব কি বোঝাতে চাইলেন মাথায় চাপের বোঝা? না, এটি আপাতত বৃষ্টি থেকে বাঁচার কৌশল

প্রথম আলো

 আবার মাশরাফির চোটের কারণে আপনি অধিনায়ক। কী মনে হচ্ছে, আবারও কি তাহলে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের মতো সিরিজ জিতবে বাংলাদেশ?
সাকিব আল হাসান: সিরিজ নিয়ে ভাবছি না। আমাদের লক্ষ্য প্রতি ম্যাচেই উন্নতি করা। সে হিসেবেই আগামীকাল চেষ্টা করব আগের ম্যাচের চেয়ে ভালো করতে। সেটা করতে পারলে জিততেও পারি।
 অধিনায়কত্ব ছাড়ার সময় বলেছিলেন ‘উপভোগ করছি না।’ এখন আবার দলের প্রয়োজনে করতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন। এভাবে বাধ্য হয়ে অধিনায়কত্ব করাটা কি উপভোগ করা যায়?
সাকিব: আসলে পরের ম্যাচ পর্যন্ত ক্যাপ্টেনসি করছি, এটুকুই জানি। তা ছাড়া বোর্ডের কাছে সময়ও তো বেশি ছিল না। তাই বেশি কিছু ভাবছি না। তা ছাড়া ভাবার সময়ও তো নেই। আপাতত পরের ম্যাচটা পর্যন্ত করি, তাহলে তাদের (বোর্ড) জন্য সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া সহজ হবে। এ জন্যই পরের ম্যাচটা পর্যন্ত করা।
 তার মানে দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচের পর আর অধিনায়কত্ব করতে চান না?
সাকিব: এটা বোর্ডের সিদ্ধান্ত, বোর্ড নেবে। আমাকে যদি জিজ্ঞেস করে, তাহলে আমি আমার সিদ্ধান্ত জানাব।
 আপনাকে জিজ্ঞেস করলে কী বলবেন?
সাকিব: সেটা তখনই বলব।
 ব্যাটিং-বোলিংয়ের পাশাপাশি আবারও দলকে নেতৃত্ব দেওয়ার চ্যালেঞ্জ, চাপ মনে হচ্ছে না?
সাকিব: আসলে চিন্তা করলেই চ্যালেঞ্জ। আমি ওসব নিয়ে তাই চিন্তাই করছি না। আমি প্রথমে দলের একজন ক্রিকেটার, আমার প্রথম কাজ ব্যাটিং-বোলিং করা। তার পরও যদি বাড়তি কিছু থাকে, তাহলে করার চেষ্টা করব। চেষ্টা করব দলের জন্য কিছু করার। দলের জন্য যদি এক রানও করতে পারি বা একটা রানও সেভ করতে পারি, সেটাই অনেক আমার কাছে।
 প্রথম ম্যাচ জিতে আত্মবিশ্বাস এখন তুঙ্গে থাকার কথা। অথচ বৃষ্টির কারণে দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচ নিয়ে এখন অনিশ্চয়তা। দলের সবাই নিশ্চয়ই হতাশ?
সাকিব: খেলার ইচ্ছে তো সবারই আছে, সিরিজের একটা ম্যাচ কে মিস করতে চায়। সিরিজ শুরুর অনেক আগে থেকেই ট্রেনিং শুরু হয়েছে, সবাই অনেক কষ্ট করেছে। অনেকেরই এই সিরিজে অনেক লক্ষ্য আছে। সিরিজে একটা ম্যাচ কম খেললে অনেকের পরিকল্পনায় একটু পরিবর্তন আনতে হবে। এ জন্যই কেউ কম খেলতে চায় না। সবাই খেলার জন্য আগ্রহী।
 নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে আগের সিরিজেও বাংলাদেশ প্রথম ম্যাচ জিতেছিল, কিন্তু সিরিজ জিততে পারেনি। এবার কি অন্যরকম কিছু হবে?
সাকিব: এই সিরিজেও ওটাই হতে পারে, আবার না-ও হতে পারে। যদি আমরা আরও উন্নতি করতে পারি, তাহলে হয়তো আরও প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূর্ণ ম্যাচ খেলা সম্ভব। প্রথম ম্যাচটা হারায় নিউজিল্যান্ড নিশ্চয়ই আরও ফোকাসড থাকবে। ওদের গেম প্ল্যান নিয়ে ওরা অনেক সিরিয়াস থাকবে, প্ল্যানগুলো কাজে লাগানোর সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টা করবে। আমাদের জন্য কাজটা অবশ্যই খুব কঠিন হবে। আমরা চাইব, আমাদের খেলাটাকে আরও একটু ওপরে তুলে নিতে।
 দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচটা জিততে পারলে তো সিরিজ জয়ের ভালো একটা সুযোগ এসে যাবে...
সাকিব: এভাবে চিন্তা করলে তো অবশ্যই একটা বড় ব্যাপার। আমরা যদি পরের ম্যাচটা ভালো খেলতে পারি এবং জিতি, তাহলে সিরিজ জয়ের একটা ভালো সুযোগ আসবে। আমাদের লক্ষ্য থাকবে, শুরুটা ভালো করা। শুরু ভালো করার পর আমরা যদি ধরে রাখতে পারি, তাহলে জেতা সম্ভব।
 যদি ম্যাচ হয়, তাহলে পেসার কে কে খেলবে?
সাকিব: এখন পর্যন্ত আমি যত দূর জানি, আমরা দুই পেসার নিয়ে খেলব। সে ক্ষেত্রে শফিউল এখন পুরোপুরি ফিট। ও খেলবে, আর খেলবে রুবেল।
 গত ম্যাচে মিডল-অর্ডার খুব ভালো করেনি, বেশ কজন সেট হয়ে আউট হয়ে গেছে। তাঁদের কী বলেছেন বা বলবেন?
সাকিব: আসলে সবাই সবার ভুলগুলো ধরতে পারছে। আমিও যেমন জানি, তেমনি যারা ভুলগুলো করেছে, তারাও জানে। রকিবুল, জুনায়েদ, মুশফিক ভাই সেট হয়ে আউট হয়েছে। সবাই দায়িত্ব সম্পর্কে সচেতন। হয়তো একই ভুল পরের ম্যাচগুলোয় আর করবে না।
 দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচ নিয়ে নির্দিষ্ট কোনো পরিকল্পনা কি আছে?
সাকিব: সেটা বলে দিলে তো ওরা জেনে যাবে, তাই না?
 তামিম, আশরাফুল, মাশরাফি ছাড়াই আমরা প্রথম ম্যাচ জিতলাম। দলের জন্য এটা কি ইতিবাচক দিক?
সাকিব: আমি আসলে কিছুদিন ধরেই বলছিলাম যে, দলে এখন অনেক ম্যাচ উইনার। এক-দুজন নয়, বেশ কয়েকজন এখন ম্যাচ জেতাতে পারে। নাঈম ভাই ম্যাচ জিতিয়েছে, রিয়াদ ভাই জিতিয়েছে, রাজ ভাই (রাজ্জাক) জিতিয়েছে। একেক দিন আমাদের এখন একেকজন ম্যাচ জেতাচ্ছে। এটা অবশ্যই আমাদের জন্য আশার ব্যাপার। দলের নিয়মিত কয়েকজন ছাড়া আমরা জিতছি, অবশ্যই বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটের জন্য ইতিবাচক ব্যাপার।
 দল ১-০-তে এগিয়ে, ভেট্টোরির সঙ্গে আপনার যে অলিখিত একটা ব্যক্তিগত লড়াই, সেটাতেও ১-০। দলের মতো আপনিও নিশ্চয়ই এই লড়াইয়ে ২-০-তে এগিয়ে যেতে চান?
সাকিব: আসলে এসব নিয়ে আমি কখনোই চিন্তা করি না। আমার লক্ষ্য প্রতি ম্যাচেই দলের জন্য ভালো পারফর্ম করা। সেটা যদি না পারি, তাহলে আরও বেশি করে চেষ্টা করি।

napoleonIV
October 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
i dunt know why Sakib is making it soo difficult. I understand his desire to be a captain but he doesn't need to be stubborn. Mash is soo fond of Sakib and they were equally captains in the games. But now he wants Mash out of the way. This isn't sportsmanship. Mash was always happy to step aside for Sakib and now Sakib isn't willing to just play his role until he returns? We have Tamim in the team too who is one of our most overrated player, he never desired to be a captain. Sakib does not realize that he is putting too much pressure upon himself. His performance is just returning, he should stay away from captaincy. This case is different. Now they dunt have anyone to replace and Sakib was captain before. He should continue for this series and then let the board decide.

Such attitude always leads to their downfall

I don't know where you are seeing the attitude. He has not mentioned that he wants to be the captain. He wants it to be resolved - which does not necessarily mean that he wants if for himself. The thing is, if you become a stop-gap captain, like Shakib is being made now, you don't have much authority on the team. Its hard to lead the team when things are uncertain. If its an one-off incident then its OK. But with Mashrafee, it is turning out to be a recurring thing.

napoleonIV
October 7, 2010, 09:25 PM
U call this leadership?? never heard a more uncertain interview in my life.........

Can you please tell me which part of the interview was so "uncertain"? As far as I understand, the only uncertain thing he mentioned in his interview was the length of his captaincy. Is is INDEED uncertain, since board will meet to sort it out. He just only stated facts.

Tiger444
October 7, 2010, 09:30 PM
I know people might not like Mushy as captain but I think he could be a very good vocal leader..seems that it will just put 2 much pressure on Shaks..just because he's the best player doesn't mean he should be the captain..and Mushy will be the WK for a long time in all forms of game whether people like it or not..he also captained the U19 team when Shak was on so he has some experience..for right now Mash should be the captain but Mushy should be the long term guy..

Habib
October 7, 2010, 10:15 PM
^Some people like to find politics in every little thing.

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 10:22 PM
Anyone but IceMan. I don't want captaincy to affect his performance. But who else will take over the captaincy? So understandable :sigh:

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:43 PM
Can you please tell me which part of the interview was so "uncertain"? As far as I understand, the only uncertain thing he mentioned in his interview was the length of his captaincy. Is is INDEED uncertain, since board will meet to sort it out. He just only stated facts.

Bro it was all uncertain. When the reporter asked do u guiss have a chance to win the series, he said anything can happen, we can win it all or lose it all. A captain shouldn't think about "loosing" al all!
When the reporter asked how does he feel about 2-0, he said he doesn't want to think about that but concentrate on his performance whoch is all good but he should say it like that. Compare Mash's interview with Sakibs. Mash had twice the confidence in his words and about the game as Sakib's.......
He sounds very down to me which is a bad thing. If he is so down, how is he gonna cheer up and boost the team performance

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:46 PM
Anyone but IceMan. I don't want captaincy to affect his performance. But who else will take over the captaincy? So understandable :sigh:

I agree....Tamim, Sakib are the 2 players that should stay out of captaincy. It for their own good. If Mash fails to become captain, i would recommend Abdur Razzaq for ODI and Mahmudullah for tests. Abdur Razzaq has the experience and one of our key spinner. He played long enough to take the responsibility.

Habib
October 7, 2010, 10:46 PM
^Find how he motivated Nazmul in the last match. You'll get your answer.
*@rinathq- He who led the team to victory :)

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 10:48 PM
^^
whose he?

shakibrulz
October 7, 2010, 11:06 PM
^^
whose he?
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56143.html

Ajfar
October 7, 2010, 11:36 PM
I'm all up for Shakib, as long as it doesn't affect is performance. Shakib is way too important to our team, so we can't afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind seeing Mushy as the captain, only if he becomes more consistent in ODI, and some how miraculously becomes a better wicket keeper.

rinathq
October 7, 2010, 11:36 PM
^^^^
LOL he doesnt seem so motivated himself right now............

Baundule
October 7, 2010, 11:47 PM
IMO, Shakib is good as a captain; but Mashrafe is better. As long as Siddons is in charge, I do not want Shakib as the captain (even if Mash is out of the team), because Siddons will ruin Shak as a player as well. He will make a better captain when he gets the freedom of really leading the team. Ashraful was on the wrong side of luck captaining under Siddons.

Tigers_eye
October 7, 2010, 11:55 PM
Days have changed. Captain has a lot more responsibility nowadays. Assist on game plan, evaluating opponents, pitch weather conditions/atmosphere; he has to think a lot of things including motivating others in the field, leading by example, selecting/creating bowlers rotation, field settings etc. make shift captain can't do all these things smoothly because there is another authority (the original captain) who may change things up.

I would have loved Mo Rafique to be the captain but that is not happening. So I hope Board just give Shakib the captaincy till the WC and start looking for replacement (train etc.)

Vanilla Ice rocks.

Tigers_eye
October 7, 2010, 11:57 PM
By the way VC is not that big a deal. I hope they choose Jahurul as the #1 keeper and open with him.

shakibrulz
October 8, 2010, 12:30 AM
So Mo Rafique is not yet retired? Or just being dropped/ignored?

Equinox
October 8, 2010, 01:26 AM
I know people might not like Mushy as captain but I think he could be a very good vocal leader..seems that it will just put 2 much pressure on Shaks..just because he's the best player doesn't mean he should be the captain..and Mushy will be the WK for a long time in all forms of game whether people like it or not..he also captained the U19 team when Shak was on so he has some experience..for right now Mash should be the captain but Mushy should be the long term guy..
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119400/119474.jpg

shakibrulz
October 8, 2010, 03:28 AM
^^:lol: That pic rocks! :D
He should stop screeching behind the stumps though.. Reminds me of Kakmal :doh:

simon
October 8, 2010, 05:35 AM
should be Mushy because as far as I know Sakib doesn't want to do captaincy,right?

zainab
October 8, 2010, 05:56 AM
I voted for Shakib. but if he does not want it at the moment, then Mushy should be the captain and let's hope that Mash is fit and fine for the World Cup.
Mushy has experience with being a captain, as he captained the U19 team already.

Tiger Manc
October 8, 2010, 08:52 AM
Should be Mushy. It'll take the pressure off Shakib and he's at the crease and heavily involved during the matches. He's very vocal and as the picture shows commands respect.

cricket_dorshok
October 8, 2010, 09:09 AM
[বাংলা]যত চেষ্টা কর লোটা, সাকিব ছাড়া তোমার আর কোনো ঊপায় নাই।[/বাংলা]

Holden
October 8, 2010, 10:03 AM
Out of the choices I vote Mushy, ideally I would like Mashrafe to stay on but if he is consistently injured then of course it would be a problem.

One thing I will mention is that I don't think it's right that shakib made such an issue of this at the time. If he is not happy with his role then he should have refused the vice captaincy (VC) before this game, as one of the duties of being the VC is to take over when the captain is unable to play. To me this looks like he is taking advantage of Mashrafe's injury and pushing his agenda, and that is not right and not something I want to see from someone who wants to lead a team. What kind of message does this give to Mashrafe and the other players? What will it do to team spirit, which Bangladesh relies on much more than other teams due to our lack in other aspects.

Shakib has every right to want to be the permanent captain, but he does not have the right to cause a fuss when he asked to lead in the captain's absence, as he is the VC. The board, right or wrongly chose Mashrafe to resume the captaincy and asked Shakib to be the VC, as far as i'm aware Shakib accepted, so that should have been the end of it.

roman
October 8, 2010, 10:09 AM
Shakib is the best option at this moment but to be honest I dont want to see him as A CAPTAIN. Being a captain is a huge responsiblity. Shak is already responsible for both batting and bowling and on top of that if he has to think about other player's performance or about the gameplan of the team, it'll just make his job harder. He'll be under tremendous pressure to perform. I think captainy was one of the reasons why Shak lost his batting form. Mash was the best option for this position but this guy is never fit to play.

Razi
October 8, 2010, 10:14 AM
[বাংলা]আপৎকালীন অধিনায়ক সাকিব

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম.বিডি (http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/detailsnews.php?nssl=cf55a3f1c3e9436d5febcd736ed7f c43&nttl=2010100811538&toppos=2)

ঢাকা: অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা চোট নিয়ে সিরিজের বাইরে চলে গেছেন। নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সিরিজের প্রথম ম্যাচেই নেতৃত্ব দিতে হয়েছে সাকিব আল হাসানকে। বাকি ম্যাচেগুলোতেও ফিরতে পারছেন না মাশরাফি। সেজন্য সাকিবকেই অধিনায়ক হিসেবে দায়িত্ব দিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)।

বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামালের (লোটাস কামাল) অনুমতি নিয়ে শুক্রবার টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি সাকিবকে অধিনায়ক করার চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত নেয়।

মিডিয়া কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান জালাল ইউনুস শুক্রবার সাংবাদিকদের বলেন,“সাকিবের সঙ্গে আলোচনার পর আমরা সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি এই সিরিজের বাকি ম্যাচগুলোতে তাকে অধিনায়ক হিসেবে দায়িত্ব দেওয়ার। সাকিবও দ্বিমত করেনি।”

এর আগে ২০০৯ সালে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরে অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি চোট পেলে সাকিবের কাঁধে নেতৃত্বের দায়িত্ব পড়ে। সফরে দুই টেস্ট এবং তিন ম্যাচ একদিনের সিরিজ জিতে নেয় বাংলাদেশ। বিদেশের মাটিতে প্রথম কোন টেস্ট দলের বিপক্ষে সিরিজ জেতে বাংলাদেশ।

জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে অ্যাওয়ে এবং হোম সিরিজ। ভারত, নিউজিল্যান্ড, ইংল্যান্ড, টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ এবং এশিয়া কাপে অধিনায়ক ছিলেন সাকিব। মাশরাফি সুস্থ হয়ে পুরোপুরি জাতীয় দলে ফেরায় নেতার দায়িত্ব থেকে সরে দাঁড়ান সাকিব।

ডিসেম্বরে জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজে মাশরাফি জাতীয় দলে না ফিরলেও অধিনায়ক হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করবেন না বলে নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক বিসিবির এক কর্মকর্তা বাংলানিউজকে জানিয়েছেন। ওই কর্মকর্তা বলেন, মাশরাফির অনুপস্থিত থাকলে ভবিষ্যতে জাতীয় দলের নেতৃত্ব দেবেন মুশফিকুর রহিম।

এদিকে নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে বাকি তিন ম্যাচে সাকিবকে অধিনায়ক করা হলেও সহ-অধিনায়ক হিসেবে কাউকে দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়নি। কোন কারণে মাঠের বাইরে আসতে চাইলে সাকিব যে কাউকে দায়িত্ব দিতে পারবেন।[/বাংলা]

roman
October 8, 2010, 10:18 AM
Out of the choices I vote Mushy, ideally I would like Mashrafe to stay on but if he is consistently injured then of course it would be a problem.

One thing I will mention is that I don't think it's right that shakib made such an issue of this at the time. If he is not happy with his role then he should have refused the vice captaincy (VC) before this game, as one of the duties of being the VC is to take over when the captain is unable to play. To me this looks like he is taking advantage of Mashrafe's injury and pushing his agenda, and that is not right and not something I want to see from someone who wants to lead a team. What kind of message does this give to Mashrafe and the other players? What will it do to team spirit, which Bangladesh relies on much more than other teams due to our lack in other aspects.

Shakib has every right to want to be the permanent captain, but he does not have the right to cause a fuss when he asked to lead in the captain's absence, as he is the VC. The board, right or wrongly chose Mashrafe to resume the captaincy and asked Shakib to be the VC, as far as i'm aware Shakib accepted, so that should have been the end of it.

Exactly. I think BCB is also partially responsible for this chaos. Some of the key players are really indisciplined. BCB failed to send a strong message to these players.BCB is in charge here and the players have to do what BCB ask them to do. But BCB has bunch of backboneless people and players are just taking advantage of it. This is not good for the team

shakibrulz
October 8, 2010, 10:25 AM
Another thing which amazes me is Shakib's maturity. Honestly, who'd deny the captaincy of the team for whatever reason? Especially the younger generation, ie? Ice Rocks.

Holden
October 8, 2010, 10:26 AM
Shakib is the best option at this moment but to be honest I dont want to see him as A CAPTAIN. Being a captain is a huge responsiblity. Shak is already responsible for both batting and bowling and on top of that if he has to think about other player's performance or about the gameplan of the team, it'll just make his job harder. He'll be under tremendous pressure to perform. I think captainy was one of the reasons why Shak lost his batting form. Mash was the best option for this position but this guy is never fit to play.

Completely agree with this, and to be honest Shakib's captaincy in his short stint needed a lot to be desired, the negativity and sometimes inexplicable fielding placing were just :-|

Exactly. I think BCB is also partially responsible for this chaos. Some of the key players are really indisciplined. BCB failed to send a strong message to these players.BCB is in charge here and the players have to do what BCB ask them to do. But BCB has bunch of backboneless people and players are just taking advantage of it. This is not good for the team

this is also true but what else can we expect from the BCB, they have shown their incompetence so many times that it is just the norm for them, they should have sorted out everyone's role and made sure that they were happy to comply

Habib
October 8, 2010, 10:37 AM
^Shakib isn't interested in captaincy because of the Lotus incident & it's understandable.
And people who have voted for SN to be the captain need to realize that his place in the team is no where near cemented yet.

Ajfar
October 8, 2010, 10:45 AM
^ habib bhai we don't know that for sure. There are a lot things going on behind the scene that we don't know about. But I agree with shakib's decision. He shouldn't have to be the captain, he is the most important member of our team even ahead of tamim, and we can't afford to lose him because there is no one else in the team good enough to be the captain. From the article Razi bhai posted seems like Mushy is likely to be the captain if Mash is not back for the Zim series. My concern with that is, we need to have a steady captain leading up to the world cup. There is not enough time left to make someone captain one day and when Mash comes back they have to step down. Because to be honest there is no guarantee with Mash. As much as I would love to see him be fit 24/7 and injury free forever, there is a very low chance of that happening. For all we know he might have to miss out the World Cup due to his injury, so I think its best if Mash steps down as a captain, and let someone else take the charge. He can help out when he is available.

roman
October 8, 2010, 10:46 AM
^Shakib isn't interested in captaincy because of the Lotus incident & it's understandable.
And people who have voted for SN to be the captain need to realize that his place in the team is no where near cemented yet.

Habib vai I didnt even vote :)

shakibrulz
October 8, 2010, 10:46 AM
SN Nafees as captain because he edged a few to the boundary :floor:

SN will be owned in the coming matches I feel

Habib
October 8, 2010, 10:52 AM
@BD_sy vai, well it's true that we don't know for sure but it's evident that Ice & Lota are not on the best of terms from the past 'incidents'. Add to that bad relation with Abahani officials, some of whom are in strong positions in BCB.

Habib
October 8, 2010, 10:53 AM
Habib vai I didnt even vote :)

Roman vai, last para ta apnake indicate kore boli nai. So no problem :)

M.H.Rubel
October 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
Really its a very difficult situation.Normally leading a side is very tough and the side is an developing small side its really tough to be the captain of the team.To me in the whole team there is only one person whe has some leading agility is Mash.But as Mash is not fit in that case automatic 1st choice is Shakib but his main problem is age.He is a good player no doubt but he dont have developed good leading and uniting ability yet which has a strong relations with age.This age is not suitable to lead a national team at all.Other than Shakib people are naming Mushy.But to me Rock will be better leader than Mushy.Anyway we have no way in hand and straight we need to depend on Shakib wheather we like him or not.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Habib
October 8, 2010, 12:36 PM
^Rock the drama queen as the captain? No way.

simon
October 8, 2010, 01:38 PM
why not Mushy,he's always been a semi captain hasn't he?

MarufH
October 8, 2010, 01:38 PM
So.. news from the center is Sakib remains cap for rest of the series. I think Good decision... They should also see how Mashrafe recovers and then decide on Zim and WC cap.

Interestingly, there is no VC. If Shakib need to go out of the field he can choose anyone.

[বাংলা]নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সাকিবই অধিনায়ক

নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে পাঁচ ম্যাচের এক দিনের সিরিজের বাকি ম্যাচগুলোয় অধিনায়কের দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে সাকিব আল হাসানকে। নিয়মিত অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা পায়ে আঘাত পেয়ে মাঠের বাইরে থাকায় বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) এ সিদ্ধান্ত নেয়। আজ শুক্রবার বিসিবির টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির সভায় এ সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়।
নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে চলমান সিরিজের প্রথম ম্যাচে নিজের দ্বিতীয় ওভারে বল করতে গিয়ে চোট পান মাশরাফি। এরপর আর মাঠে ফেরা হয়নি তাঁর। বাকি সময় সহ-অধিনায়ক সাকিব দলকে নেতৃত্ব দেন। ওই ম্যাচে ডাকওয়ার্থ-লুইস পদ্ধতিতে বাংলাদেশের কাছে নয় রানে হারে নিউজিল্যান্ড।
বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস বলেন, এই সিরিজে অধিনায়কের দায়িত্ব নিতে রাজি হওয়ায় সাকিবকে এ দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে। এখনো কাউকে সহ-অধিনায়ক করা হয়নি। যদি প্রয়োজন হয়, সাকিব নিজেই যে কাউকে মাঠে এ দায়িত্ব দিতে পারেন।"
সাকিবকে অধিনায়কের দায়িত্ব দেওয়ার আগে মাশরাফির সঙ্গে এ ব্যাপারে আলোচনা করা হয়েছে বলেও তিনি জানান।
এর আগে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ সফরে মাশরাফি আঘাত পাওয়ার পর সাকিবকে অধিনায়কের দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছিল।
আজ নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সিরিজের দ্বিতীয় খেলা বৃষ্টিতে পণ্ড হয়ে গেছে। তৃতীয় ম্যাচ হবে ১১ অক্টোবর, সোমবার।[/বাংলা]

Source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-08/news/99781

MarufH
October 8, 2010, 01:43 PM
Here is DS report:

Shakib agrees to lead Tigers

Sports Reporter

Shakib Al Hasan has agreed to lead the Tigers in the remaining matches of the ongoing one-day series against New Zealand.

"We have consulted Shakib and he has agreed to captain the side in this series," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus yesterday.

"We have not decided on a deputy for him and in case he has to leave the field for any reason he will pick the vice captain," he added.

The announcement came following a special meeting of the BCB's technical committee. It met to select the captain for the remaining matches of the New Zealand series after captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza was ruled out for more than a month, after twisting his ankle in the first match which Bangladesh won by nine runs to take a 1-0 lead.

The world's No 1 all-rounder was reluctant to take the job initially but later changed his mind, as there is hardly anyone in the team who can lead the team right now.

It was however learnt that Shakib wanted to take the job after the 2011 World Cup because he wants to focus more on his own performance and he was also not interested to do the duty as a makeshift captain.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) will decide on the captaincy issue after the series.

"With Mashrafe injured, the board will discuss the captaincy issue after the series as there is very little time to do so during the series.

"We have to wait for Mashrafe's recovery and then we will take the decision. After the series we will also take decision about vice-captain," said Yunus.

Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=157701

MarufH
October 9, 2010, 09:08 PM
[বাংলা]‘আমিও স্বপ্ন দেখি’

সাকিব আল হাসান |

আমার জীবনে সবকিছু এমন হঠাৎ হঠাৎই ঘটে যায়। হঠাৎ জেমি সিডন্স বলেছিল, আমি বোলার। আর ইনিংসে ৭ উইকেট নিয়ে ফেলেছিলাম। হঠাৎ ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে অধিনায়কত্ব পেলাম; টেস্ট-ওয়ানডে সিরিজ জিতলাম।
আবার হঠাৎ অধিনায়কত্ব পেলাম। যদিও যেভাবে পেলাম, সেটা কাম্য ছিল না। কারণ আবার আমরা অন্তত একটা সিরিজের জন্য মাশরাফি ভাইকে হারালাম। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে যেটুকু অধিনায়কত্ব এ পর্যন্ত করেছি, পুরোটাই ওই মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের ইনজুরির জন্য।
অনূর্ধ্ব-১৭ দলে থাকতে মালয়েশিয়ায় একটি ত্রিদেশীয় টুর্নামেন্টে অধিনায়কত্ব করেছি। তার সঙ্গে অবশ্য জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়কত্বকে মেলানো যাবে না। সে সময় কোচ-কর্মকর্তাদের পরামর্শমতোই অধিনায়কত্ব করেছিলাম। এখানে তো আর সেটা চলে না! প্রতি মুহূর্তে নিজেকেই সিদ্ধান্ত নিতে হয়।
এই নতুন কিছু করার ব্যাপারটা আমি খুবই উপভোগ করি। যদিও আগে কখনোই অধিনায়ক হওয়ার স্বপ্ন দেখিনি। ২০০৮ সালে আশরাফুল ভাইয়ের পর আমাকে অধিনায়ক করা হবে, এমন গুঞ্জন ছিল সংবাদমাধ্যমে। কিন্তু আমি কখনো এসব নিয়ে ভাবিনি। এমনকি আমাকে যখন মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের ডেপুটি করা হলো, তখনো নয়।
ভাবতে হলো ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের ইনজুরির পর। উনি মাঠ থেকে বেরিয়ে যাওয়ার পর ভাবছিলাম আবার ফিরে আসবেন। পরে জানলাম, ওই ম্যাচ তো বটেই, পুরো সিরিজটাই অধিনায়কত্ব করতে হবে। এরপর ভারত, ইংল্যান্ড, নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষেও অধিনায়কত্ব করেছি। এই সময়ে আমরা বেশ কিছু ম্যাচ জিতেছি, কিছু খুব কাছাকাছি গিয়ে হেরেছি। কৃতিত্ব অবশ্যই দলের। দল ওই সময় দারুণ খেলছিল।
এরপর আবার মাশরাফি ভাই এসেছেন। আমি সব সময়ই বলেছি, দলে এখন মাশরাফি ভাই-ই অধিনায়কত্বের জন্য যোগ্য মানুষ। উনি ফিট থাকলে ওনাকেই অধিনায়ক করা উচিত। সতীর্থদের উদ্বুদ্ধ করতে মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের কোনো তুলনা নেই।
অবশ্য সংবাদমাধ্যমে আমার আর মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের সম্পর্ক নিয়ে অনেক লেখালেখি হয়েছে। আমরা এমনিতে এগুলো এড়িয়ে যাই। কিন্তু বিশ্বাস করুন, এসব খবর পড়ে দুজন এক জায়গায় বসে হেসেছি।
শুধু মাশরাফি ভাই বলে বলছি না, আমাদের দলের সিনিয়র খেলোয়াড়েরা সবাই-ই আসলে খুব ভালো। এটা কথার কথা নয়। আমি যখন অধিনায়কত্ব করেছি আশরাফুল ভাই, মাশরাফি ভাই আর রাজ ভাই (আবদুর রাজ্জাক) খেলেছেন। মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের কথা তো বললামই। আশরাফুল ভাই কোনো সময় কিছু মনে হলেই নিজে থেকে এসে পরামর্শ দেন। রাজ ভাই কেমন মানুষ, এটা সবাই জানে। সেই বিকেএসপি থেকে ওনার সঙ্গে আমার সম্পর্ক। রাজ ভাই আমাকে খুবই পছন্দ করেন।
মাশরাফি ভাইয়ের অনুপস্থিতিতে অধিনায়কত্ব করতে গিয়ে এই ভূমিকাটা সম্পর্কে অন্তত বুঝতে শিখেছি। বাইরে থেকে মনে হয়, অধিনায়ক হলে জীবনে তেমন পরিবর্তন আসে না। শুধু চিন্তার জগৎটা আমূল বদলে যায়। সব সময় দল নিয়ে, খেলা নিয়ে ভাবতে হয়। প্রতি ওভারে, প্রতি বলে নতুন নতুন পরিকল্পনা আঁটতে হয়।
সবচেয়ে বড় কাজটা মাঠের বাইরে। কথাবার্তা বলার আগেও চিন্তা করতে হয়। সবাইকে উদ্বুদ্ধ রাখতে হয়। আমাদের দলে মাঠের বাইরের কাজটা অবশ্য সতীর্থরা সহজ করে দেয়। আমিও সবকিছু সহজ করে নিতে চাই।
আমি আসলে অধিনায়ক হিসেবে সতীর্থদের বন্ধু হয়ে ওঠার পক্ষে। আমাকে বাইরে থেকে দেখে একটু ‘রিজার্ভ’ মানুষ বলে মনে হয়। ড্রেসিংরুমে আমার চেহারা অন্যরকম থাকে। হইচই করি, দুষ্টুমি করি, সতীর্থদের আস্থা অর্জনের চেষ্টা করি। সব মিলিয়ে অধিনায়কত্বের কাজটা উপভোগই করি।
কথাটা স্ববিরোধী মনে হচ্ছে? আমি যখনই বলেছি ‘অধিনায়কত্ব উপভোগ করি না’, আসলে বোঝাতে চেয়েছি এ রকম সংক্ষিপ্ত মেয়াদে হঠাৎ হঠাৎ অধিনায়কত্ব করতে ভালো লাগে না। আমি স্বপ্ন দেখি আরেকটু অভিজ্ঞতা বাড়লে, হয়তো বিশ্বকাপের পর বা আরও পরে দলের অধিনায়ক হব। দীর্ঘ মেয়াদে অধিনায়ক হওয়ার স্বপ্ন দেখি। দীর্ঘ মেয়াদে অধিনায়ক হলে দল নিয়ে পরিকল্পনা করা যায়। দল গড়ে তোলার জন্য কাজ করা যায়।
দল গড়ে তোলার কাজ মানে, দুই বছর পর দলের কী প্রয়োজন হবে, কীভাবে একজন নতুন খেলোয়াড় পাওয়া যায়—এসব নিয়েও চিন্তা করা। মোট কথা, একটা দলকে একটা পরিবারে পরিণত করতে চাইলে দীর্ঘ মেয়াদের অধিনায়কই দরকার।
আমিও স্বপ্ন দেখি, দীর্ঘ মেয়াদে একসময় জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়কত্ব করব।
[/বাংলা]

Habib
October 9, 2010, 09:18 PM
^Shakib is a man with a plan.

jisaan
October 10, 2010, 04:51 AM
He is a damn good planner!

Sohel
October 10, 2010, 04:56 AM
EVER SO relieved to see NO ONE picking Nostrilamous Rex, the prototypical Hudmah of Bangladesh cricket!

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 05:09 AM
mushy is a good motivator so i want him to captain.howver,somewhere in the long run,i would like to see shafiul captain bd.he's a talented and a smart player.

Tiger Manc
October 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
^^shafiul islam? where did that come from? he only started playing for the side this year and isn't even guaranteed a starting place in the team.

FagunerAgun
October 10, 2010, 09:31 AM
:)^Shakib is a man with a plan.
And makes us feel good most of the time.

Habib
October 10, 2010, 09:49 AM
^^shafiul islam? where did that come from? he only started playing for the side this year and isn't even guaranteed a starting place in the team.

Besides his personality is not of a leader. He seems to be a player who would be more comfortable being under someone's guidance.

MarufH
October 10, 2010, 12:37 PM
The thing I admire about Shakib is he knows what he wants and will pursue it.

MarufH
October 10, 2010, 09:24 PM
This one reminds me of Martin L King speach.. "I have a dream" :p

Although not the same... but can you blame me.. I am a die hard cricket fan. :p

cricman
October 10, 2010, 09:43 PM
Mashrafe

Shakib thinks too much inline w/ Sid, He believes in a Predetermined Set Score, thinks we have one of the better Spin Attacks in the world, shows way too much faith in Mahmudullah, thinks very little of the pacers and gives them a quick hook.

Don't let a great individual performance get in the way in evaluating Captaincy. The Rain played a big role in our victory, as it eliminated their Batting PP.

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 12:34 AM
Mashrafe would be great only if he was not injured so often. :(

As for your evaluation on Shakib...

Predetermined set score = good to have something to aim at.

Mahmudullah = He used him against left armer. Don't think he is only one believe that is effective.

thinks very little of the pacers = They are barely fit... as u have seen Shafiul struggling. And as I type this... Rubel just got hit for 6,4,6 in three consecutive deliveries, I rest my case.

You need to perform in order to be a good leader.... and frankly.. there are no other options.

Mashrafe

Shakib thinks too much inline w/ Sid, He believes in a Predetermined Set Score, thinks we have one of the better Spin Attacks in the world, shows way too much faith in Mahmudullah, thinks very little of the pacers and gives them a quick hook.

Don't let a great individual performance get in the way in evaluating Captaincy. The Rain played a big role in our victory, as it eliminated their Batting PP.

BANFAN
October 11, 2010, 06:15 AM
How can they be Shakib's contender?

lamisa
October 11, 2010, 10:25 AM

that's why i said somewhere in the long run,when he becomes a much improved player under pon't supervision.

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 11:04 AM
How can they be Shakib's contender?

Cause sadly we don't have any other options.

crikfreak
October 11, 2010, 11:05 AM

i agree.....

n i really dont wanna c shakib as captain.. when it comes to captaincy.. he gets quite arrogant... i dont like it...

if Mash could have stayed on.... that was the best thing that could happen... but its his bloody injuries.... its ruining him and us.....

i just reallllllly hope n pray that mashrafe becomes completely fit.... i wanna c him back...

n the whole maskeshift captain thing myt also create problems.. having 2 captains is really not good....

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 08:58 AM
Excellent captaincy today from Shakib - rotated his bowlers well, and helped to keep on mounting the run rate. Held his nerve till the last over. Field placings were very good, as the boundaries dried up and added more pressure.

Way to go Shaks!