PDA

View Full Version : Scouting report on the upcoming Zim series

RazabQ
October 8, 2010, 05:21 PM
Even as we indulge in dreams of Kiwi-beat-downs, our next opponent Zimbabwe are getting stronger. Check out the scorecard of the recent 20/20 against a full-strength Saffers side:

http://www.cricinfo.com/south-africa-v-zimbabwe-2010/engine/current/match/463141.html

They scored all those runs for only 4 wickets against good bowlers on a sporting wicket! Shalara to amader bowler ke kheye felbe. And they aren't as weak against spin as they used to be. And - they consider series against us as their Ashes. They absolutely want to beat us super bad.

Food for thought fellas.

Haru-party
October 8, 2010, 05:49 PM
dont worry vai. oita pure batting paradise chilo. tarporo jodi bekayday pore jai..........baikka nayeem ase na :D

MohammedC
October 8, 2010, 05:54 PM
Chibhabha scored 52 of 32 ball. Here is little something from memory lane.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLZEo2AVvhk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLZEo2AVvhk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tamim is hungry and he is coming to get you.

Blah
October 8, 2010, 05:55 PM
They scored all those runs for only 4 wickets against good bowlers on a sporting wicket!

I don't know if you watched the game live, but the pitch was a very good batting wicket. Also the SA team was a bit rusty in all departments. This was their first international game after a long break. I wouldn't take much from this game. If this is the best bowling and fielding attack Zim has to offer than we have a lot to be happy about.

simon
October 8, 2010, 06:31 PM
and to add more ,SA fast bowlers r really quick so a slight touch can bring boundries,whereas our bwlrs r so slow,the boundries are big too.

al Furqaan
October 8, 2010, 07:06 PM
they've certainly improved. but this was hardly a "full strength" SA side. who the devil is mclaren? who are kuhn, theron, ingram and miller also?

thats 5 no-namers out of XI. its akin to the wins that ZIM got against India A and SL A over the summer.

that being said, this is a zim side capable of beating us twice at home, and perhaps even of edging a series victory at home. i think 5-0 is out of the question come december, and i think 4-1 will be a good result. 3-2 will be a disappointment.

i'm more interested to seeing the likes of tamim bat against their lineup in a Test match next summer.

Dilscoop
October 8, 2010, 07:49 PM
Nothing would please me more than a 5-0 and sending G-Flower mama back to retirement.

Rifat
October 8, 2010, 09:42 PM
Good thread RazabQ.

Is it too early to try guys like Shuvogoto Hom or Nasir Hossain in this series?

I don't know why i am so sick and tired of playing Zimbabwe...no cricket calender year is complete for Bangladesh without playing them i guess :D

just my personal thought!

Habib
October 8, 2010, 09:44 PM
Nothing would please me more than a 5-0 and sending G-Flower mama back to retirement.

Ditto.

magic boy
October 8, 2010, 10:11 PM
jalamoi thread , motivational for fans..:up:its like shikkhok beter bari diye ghum theke chhatroder jagiye tullo. thank u.:D

cant wait for BD-Zim masala dhamaka

Dilscoop
October 9, 2010, 12:05 AM
I just went through Zim pictures, they are looking pretty intense. HStreak is there, Donald helping the bowlers, Flower is back after a good CC season I hear....

shakibrulz
October 9, 2010, 12:35 AM
Zimbabwe is much better now on infrastructure :( Gillespie, Donald etc as coaches for their domestic sides :o

Oh and BTW IceMan going to own the Zimbocks, ma word.

al-Sagar
October 9, 2010, 01:04 AM
tamim will end the series with four 50's and SR of 200+ ....

SN will score 3 match winning centuries ....

and shakib will get the wickets

no tension

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2010, 01:10 AM
Sec #1.

Gauging T20 innings @ whereever and trying to draw light in an ODI series in slow turning pitch where the average is ....?
+++

An analysis of their spinners would be more fruitful.

nsd3
October 9, 2010, 04:41 AM
Zim will find it harder than before in Dhaka.
Ban will have to fight harder to win this time.
I'm hoping for a 4-1 win for Ban.

auntu
October 9, 2010, 06:05 AM
If SN can find his form against his favorite opponents and TI as hungry as ever with magics from Moyna I think we would be very much able to seal that series 5-0. Provided some good knocks from Big Z and Rock.

And also if Ash can cash some in the NCL, Bagh mama might give him chance. Let's hope Pagla be fit and RBX in good rhythm.

BANFAN
October 9, 2010, 07:33 AM
tamim will end the series with four 50's and SR of 200+ ....

SN will score 3 match winning centuries ....

and shakib will get the wickets

no tension

Flower is Back and don't be surprized if Streak and a few others make a come back. Then it will be a bloody series.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2010, 07:54 AM
Flower is Back and don't be surprized if Streak and a few others make a come back. Then it will be a bloody series.
Zim of new could handle Zim of old in their current form. Age takes it toll after a certain time on most of us. I wish they all comeback. Get Andy as well. Emon dhuna khaito....

M.H.Rubel
October 9, 2010, 08:00 AM
Still not thinking about ZIM.Age NZ ke size kre ni tar po ZIM ke size krbo no tension.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Huda
October 9, 2010, 08:00 AM
they've certainly improved. but this was hardly a "full strength" SA side. who the devil is mclaren? who are kuhn, theron, ingram and miller also?

thats 5 no-namers out of XI. its akin to the wins that ZIM got against India A and SL A over the summer.

that being said, this is a zim side capable of beating us twice at home, and perhaps even of edging a series victory at home. i think 5-0 is out of the question come december, and i think 4-1 will be a good result. 3-2 will be a disappointment.

i'm more interested to seeing the likes of tamim bat against their lineup in a Test match next summer.

Al furqan that was a full strength T20 side for the saffers at this present in time. Mclaren has been a regular in the past 12 months and recently played in the IPL etc. They have a couple of injuries so Ingram was playing, but Miller is now a regular to be in the limited overs format with Kuhn being tested out as a keeper (has been prolific in domestic cricket). Theron is the only guy i have not heard of.

Spitfire_x86
October 9, 2010, 09:07 AM
Theron did very well in this year's IPL and Champions League.

Tiger444
October 9, 2010, 09:21 AM
We shouldn't be that tough on Zimbabwe on whether they played a full strength team..a lot of times teams do that to us so we shouldn't be that nit picky..fact is they played pretty well but got beaten pretty comfortably..I feel we should NEVER EVER take Zimbabwe lightly..they're the closest team to us to be honest..their better then the rest of the associates but not good enough against the test playing nations..we also fit in this category..plus they always give us a good fight so we should give it our 100%..last time they came we won 4-1 but it could've been 3-2 has it not been for Naeem's great innings..so I believe it will be a 4-1 or 3-2 result..We have to play really good cricket to beat them convincingly though..

roman
October 9, 2010, 09:31 AM
AFAIK Streak is the head coach of ZIM. So there is no way he can make a come back. Good to see One of the flower brothers came back to the side. It'll be an exciting series.

tkandi4
October 9, 2010, 09:35 AM
Zim's bowling is very weak. Plus we now have minnow-basher on the team. I wouldn't worry much now.

Habib
October 9, 2010, 09:43 AM
AFAIK Streak is the head coach of ZIM. So there is no way he can make a come back. Good to see One of the flower brothers came back to the side. It'll be an exciting series.

Well you never know ;)

lamisa
October 9, 2010, 10:44 AM
are SN thaktte amader kisher tension?imruillare boshay diye SNre pathay dibo tamimer shathe open korte,tahoilei shesh zimbabwe!

jisaan
October 9, 2010, 10:55 AM
Sec #1.

Gauging T20 innings @ whereever and trying to draw light in an ODI series in slow turning pitch where the average is ....?
+++

An analysis of their spinners would be more fruitful.

That is one GOOD POINT.
They have got some damn good ones
Utseya, Price & Grant with tons of experience might be highly effective.
but once again, they will face the stiffest task this time around.

Tamim will be raring to return to his menacing best in the last series before world cup
Doesn't matter how poor d strike rate of imrul-rokibul- mahmudullah-mushfiq is, agt. more quality oppositions, all of them are good players of spin
Zunaid is probably the most improved batsman over d last few months. He can tear apart the zimbos on any given day
again there is jahurul with all his strokes. he is also good agt the spinners.
Mashrafe is always a dangerous proposition for d spinners. Don't want to give them a chance.
Result? nothing less than 5-0 in our favor would be appropriate.

If SN can find his form against his favorite opponents and TI as hungry as ever with magics from Moyna I think we would be very much able to seal that series 5-0. Provided some good knocks from Big Z and Rock.

And also if Ash can cash some in the NCL, Bagh mama might give him chance. Let's hope Pagla be fit and RBX in good rhythm.

Can't be sure abt SN as yet. But glimpses of his old shape was on show the other day. Should he replaces imrul in terms of form, bigger troubles would surely embrace them.

Ash would be fighting for his life.... should he gets a chance, he would be eager to show the world, what and infrom Ashraful could do.

our bowling attack of Mashrafe-Rubel-Shaffiul-Nazmul & Shakib-Razzzak would be tooo good for much better oppositions, Insha-Allah!

Bottomline: i wud be utterly shocked if this zimbos can upset us in any of d matches in our own backyards

jisaan
October 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
Chibhabha scored 52 of 32 ball. Here is little something from memory lane.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLZEo2AVvhk?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Tamim is hungry and he is coming to get you.

Thanks for sharing... never get tired of watching him batting
i wish i could watch tamim batting all day in every odi & test & t20 that take place anywhere in d world...

magic boy
October 9, 2010, 11:14 AM
still cant figure out our bowlers did this last year. take this Mr.Pont !! :p

http://i56.tinypic.com/288d1yu.gif

cricket_king
October 9, 2010, 09:44 PM
Even as we indulge in dreams of Kiwi-beat-downs, our next opponent Zimbabwe are getting stronger. Check out the scorecard of the recent 20/20 against a full-strength Saffers side:

http://www.cricinfo.com/south-africa-v-zimbabwe-2010/engine/current/match/463141.html

They scored all those runs for only 4 wickets against good bowlers on a sporting wicket! Shalara to amader bowler ke kheye felbe. And they aren't as weak against spin as they used to be. And - they consider series against us as their Ashes. They absolutely want to beat us super bad.

Food for thought fellas.

Full strength Saffer side? With 2 debutants and 3 other somewhat unknown players?
I wouldn't be too fussed about this. Zimbabwe are a decent batting side in Africa, better than us actually, but as we've already seen before, they're nowhere near as good in subcontinent conditions. And just look at that bowling scorecard - LOL just unleash Tamim on these guys on Bangladeshi pitches and they're done for.

Zeeshan
October 9, 2010, 09:45 PM
yeah mb....sad thing about that is we lost like what...four wickets?

dheki shorge geleo dhan bhange obostha aarki

Dilscoop
October 9, 2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.cricketonlinetv.com/south-africa-vs-zimbabwe-1st-t20-2010/

Ok, as I already said about the pictures, they look intense. Now the videos. They are defo more organized than us. They look more professional than us. They don't look skinny and lanky. And how many of our ex players are still in shape (still? they were never in shape, even when they played) and built in on their arm and chest and not belly? Look at Streak.

Also check out their broadcast and overlays and their kits. Our team kit and home TV coverage is UGLY. And 1st odi is not even available in cricket online tv. As you know, that website has ALL kinda cricket.

I am not here to criticize here, as you see I was blowing this over earlier in the thread, saying it will be easy. But the more I look into it, the more I see how better they are. Things could get ugly soon.

Tiger444
October 9, 2010, 10:20 PM
Full strength Saffer side? With 2 debutants and 3 other somewhat unknown players?
I wouldn't be too fussed about this. Zimbabwe are a decent batting side in Africa, better than us actually, but as we've already seen before, they're nowhere near as good in subcontinent conditions. And just look at that bowling scorecard - LOL just unleash Tamim on these guys on Bangladeshi pitches and they're done for.

I actually think Zimbabwe was more of a threat on our pitches as opposed to Zimbabwean pitches..their spinners prove to be a lot more of a threat in BD pitches..and they really did well against us when they beat us in the tri series and then the 3 game series..and the 4-1 series win in Zimbabwe was more convincing then the series win in BD..our batsmen struggled a lot more at home..Tamim besides 1 game struggled that series..so as I said we should not take them lightly..Zimbabwe is a pretty good side..

cricket_king
October 9, 2010, 10:42 PM
I actually think Zimbabwe was more of a threat on our pitches as opposed to Zimbabwean pitches..their spinners prove to be a lot more of a threat in BD pitches..and they really did well against us when they beat us in the tri series and then the 3 game series..and the 4-1 series win in Zimbabwe was more convincing then the series win in BD..our batsmen struggled a lot more at home..Tamim besides 1 game struggled that series..so as I said we should not take them lightly..Zimbabwe is a pretty good side..

Yeah their spinners are actually quite tricky on our pitches, however, it's mainly their brittle batting I'm counting on to allow us a series win.

max410
October 9, 2010, 11:53 PM
Zimbabwe koi improve korseh Ireland er kase hare the only team that improved is IRELAND and AFGANISTAN is improving at a very fast rate we can use shahriar nafees when we play against minnow teams

al-Sagar
October 10, 2010, 12:10 AM
still cant figure out our bowlers did this last year. take this Mr.Pont !! :p

http://i56.tinypic.com/288d1yu.gif

that was when Najmul was at his peak and was improving day by day. then his injury halted his progress

Dilscoop
October 10, 2010, 01:09 AM
^^ He did better earlier that year. Vs SL

riankhan
October 10, 2010, 04:08 AM
our next opponent Zimbabwe are getting stronger.

To be honest, a better Zim side posses greater challenges, and hence only improve our side. Its always good to play against challenging sides. Afgan, Irish are not far behind as well. Good for cricket, better for us.

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 04:33 AM
ok,i am going on about doing the banglawash to zim and all that but tbh,i can feel that they are a danger to us.this series is going to be a great challenge for bd because not only do we have to win,but we have to win convincingly since everyone is going on about how zim could overtake us in the rankings and all that.we've got to shut a lot of people's mouth by proving ourselves in this series

Tiger444
October 10, 2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah their spinners are actually quite tricky on our pitches, however, it's mainly their brittle batting I'm counting on to allow us a series win.

Yupp..their batting really has a tough time against our spinners..Shakib and Razzak massively expose the Zimbos horrible technique against spin..thats where we usually get Zimbabwe..

BANFAN
October 11, 2010, 06:23 AM

Not that difficult, even Vetori was coach cum captain. But off course probability is very less, the current Zim lot is playing for a long time and are playing well against SA. Both the matches were very close. Well, SA is missing some top players though.

It won't be easy for us to beat them 5-0

Tiger Manc
October 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
I wonder if they have a similar thread on their forums. We've got zimbos next and Shahriar Nafees is on form. Zimbabwe must be crapping their pants.

Haru-party
October 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
ei muhurte ei thread dhulissaht kore deya hok......eto opomani

Habib
October 11, 2010, 01:51 PM
Somossa nai. Oder coachder cheye amader Siddons, Pont & Fountain ki kom valo?

mij
October 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
Not that difficult, even Vetori was coach cum captain. But off course probability is very less, the current Zim lot is playing for a long time and are playing well against SA. Both the matches were very close. Well, SA is missing some top players though.

It won't be easy for us to beat them 5-0

:up:

We still need to play well to beat them. You never underestimate your opponent.

WorcMember
October 14, 2010, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know when the Zim series is being played ? I heard it was being brought forward. If it is then Shakib could start playing for Worcestershire around June time. Thanks.

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 08:00 AM
^ right now we are talking about the zim series coming up next month not the one after world cup. I dont remember hearing anything about that series but could be true. I guess we will have to wait and find out
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
^^^don't we have australia after the WC and also WI?

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:14 PM
if we are complacent and make mistakes zim can beat us any day like ireland and netherland beat us notso ago.

also after this series win over NZ, expectations will be higher. and zim always loves to surprise the favourites being underdogs

but still i expect us to do a banglawash this time
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Tiger444
October 14, 2010, 09:17 PM
if we are complacent and make mistakes zim can beat us any day like ireland and netherland beat us notso ago.

also after this series win over NZ, expectations will be higher. and zim always loves to surprise the favourites being underdogs

but still i expect us to do a banglawash this time
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Won't be easy because we usually manage to slip us at least once against Zimbabwe but watching this series I believe we should hold our expectations higher..if our spinners continue their good work then I think we'll be able to win..also our batsmen can't afford to slip up..their gonna have to bat well..

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 09:45 PM
Zim series will probably be more competitive than this one. I'm looking forward to it, specially because Tamim should be coming back. and He'll be hungry for runs.

Holden
October 14, 2010, 09:54 PM
Do you think it would be a good idea to rest Shakib for the Zimbabwe series, he has been playing non stop for the past 12 months. He did look jaded in the last match, and we need him to be feeling fresh, ready for the World Cup. It would also be good oppurtunity to give an extended run of games to test some of the other players who are on the fringes of the side, eg Jahrul, Shuvo, Nafees, Naeem. With Tamim (and Mashrafe?) coming back we still would be able to field a good enough side to beat Zimbabwe and making the changes could keep the hunger in the side without being complacent.

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 10:07 PM
^ its a good idea, except before the world cup we need to have a steady captain, weather its shakib or Mash. Who ever the captain is that person needs to get used to being in charge.

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 10:08 PM
Rest him tomorrow

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 10:45 PM
No need to rest Iceman. If they rest Iceman I might stop watching the matches as well :D

Need to strangle zimbabwe and earn a convincing win IMO

aniksh1
October 15, 2010, 02:52 AM
Might take more than a little effort to beat Zim...at first when they India and SL and played well against RSA.. I thought they might actually beat us.. but now...with wins over NZ we just have to be careful...

lamisa
October 15, 2010, 04:09 AM
no shakib can't rest tomorrow or against zim.he can rest after the zim series...

auntu
October 16, 2010, 04:32 PM
Watch out Brendon Taylor.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/463143.html

Naimul_Hd
October 16, 2010, 06:44 PM
Resting Shakib for upcoming Zim series in his peak form will be a Sabotage act for his own form and Bangladesh team as well.

So, while he is enjoying his form, let him play. You dont feel a thing when you perform and perform well.

Fahim
October 16, 2010, 06:50 PM
no point resting shakib. as AFTER the zim series, we are gonna have a long break anyway. one more series for shakib wouldnt hurt.

Sohel
October 24, 2010, 02:48 AM
It would be a wise idea to merge this with the increasingly polemical "Zimbabwe bigger threat than NZ" thread IMHO.

hoax
October 24, 2010, 06:51 AM
no point resting shakib. as AFTER the zim series, we are gonna have a long break anyway. one more series for shakib wouldnt hurt.

i dont think we have any back up player to fill in for shakib..we need to win this series and resting shakib will be a big blow...zim isn't a altu faltu team

zainab
October 25, 2010, 05:25 AM
Shakib is taking rest now, not playing in the NCL, so that means that he will play for the Zim series.

How many ODIs do BD need to win to advance to NO 8 in the ICC rankings? This should be their focus.
WI is due to play SL in Dec, but I think that they will get a good beating there.

LBW103
October 25, 2010, 06:32 AM
http://www.cricketonlinetv.com/south-africa-vs-zimbabwe-1st-t20-2010/

Ok, as I already said about the pictures, they look intense. Now the videos. They are defo more organized than us. They look more professional than us. They don't look skinny and lanky. And how many of our ex players are still in shape (still? they were never in shape, even when they played) and built in on their arm and chest and not belly? Look at Streak.

Also check out their broadcast and overlays and their kits. Our team kit and home TV coverage is UGLY. And 1st odi is not even available in cricket online tv. As you know, that website has ALL kinda cricket.

I am not here to criticize here, as you see I was blowing this over earlier in the thread, saying it will be easy. But the more I look into it, the more I see how better they are. Things could get ugly soon.

Is this a serious posting?

India is built like us and they Number One........ stupid argument

BANFAN
October 25, 2010, 06:55 AM
They looked very good with bat against SA. That Taylor guy made a century and carried the bat through. A few other guys like Masakadza & Taibu were also good. Flower wasnt looking so threatening, but you never know. Flower will do better in our pitches since he will be grafting & rotating strikes more here, than big hitting. That will make him more dangerous. They have some tallented batsmen to take advantage of PP overs and have couple of good wicket taking bowlers,

May be SA pitch was easy to bat, but we never have putup that kind of fight in SA pitches. They have bowlers & Batsmen to exploit our pitches. It's not going to be a wash for sure, but of course we can expect until the real thing comes.

lamisa
October 25, 2010, 10:00 AM
^^^^don't be so sure...

Rifat
October 25, 2010, 07:17 PM
Zimbabwe Success this year:

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/439140.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452146.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452149.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452151.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/474453.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/474454.html

Rifat
October 25, 2010, 07:17 PM
should be an entertaining series, but there is absolutely no reason why we should even lose one game to them!

shuziburo
October 25, 2010, 10:38 PM
Zimbabwe Success this year:

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/439140.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452146.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452149.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/452151.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/474453.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/engine/match/474454.html

I'm not that impressed by their wins against Ireland and WI, but the wins against SL and India cannot be overlooked. We'll win insha'Allah, but it may not be an easy series.

hoax
October 26, 2010, 12:59 AM
Brandon tailor is the man we have to look out for..

mac
October 26, 2010, 01:17 AM
Taylor and Taibu...my fear.

Sohel
October 26, 2010, 02:00 AM
Unless we bowl and field well, a number of their batters can take the game away from us. Sibanda, Masakadza, Taibu, Taylor and Coventry have all improved as expected and guys like Chigumbura, Williams and Matsikenyeri can accelerate like anything.

I'm not sure how much they're bowling has improved, but our traditional brainfarts and "hit-by-the-numbers" premeditated shot selection, not to mention other forms of unforced batting error, can get clever bowlers like Utseya, Williams and Cremer timely wickets. They're an excellent fielding side.

There's no reason for us not to take them seriously, and we better not, no matter how justifiably confident we are.

RazabQ
October 26, 2010, 02:52 AM
From what I have seen of their batsmen, Taylor, Flower and Taibu will be the problem guys, with Chumba-wumba's poor form taking him out of danger zone for now. Why those 3 then? Taylor is their best player of spin (with a really good slog sweep) and has shown a penchant for playing the long innings with good strike rate. Flower because he's a cussed character who will prevent the Kiwi-esque batting collapses our bowlers gifted the Tigers' batsmen in the recent series. Finally Taibu because he's their best finisher - plays inventively, can manufacture shots handily and strong mentally. The others can be explosive but can be gotten by a few overs of tight bowling which even our 1-leg-side-delivery-per-over SLA proponents can manage.

beshideshi
October 26, 2010, 04:39 AM
The advantage Zim will have is, they have played in BD plenty of times and should be used to the conditions, and having a spin based attack themselves, they won't succumb to spin bowling as easily.

But given all the advantages they have, I still think we have the capability to beat them 5-0. The word complacency should stay fair way away from the camp. Deserved respect should be given to the opponent, but none more. Give 100% in every game, aim to win every game and we shall come out victorious :)

shuziburo
October 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
The advantage Zim will have is, they have played in BD plenty of times and should be used to the conditions, and having a spin based attack themselves, they won't succumb to spin bowling as easily.

But given all the advantages they have, I still think we have the capability to beat them 5-0. The word complacency should stay fair way away from the camp. Deserved respect should be given to the opponent, but none more. Give 100% in every game, aim to win every game and we shall come out victorious :)

Succinctly and aptly put. We should not be worried about them. We should be confident, but cautious. We should focus on their danger-men. We should bowl yorkers, good lengths, and slightly short pitch on off and middle.

Eshen
October 29, 2010, 09:21 PM
Play it again, Grant

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/484023.html

Whether it was nerves, the quality of the bowling, or a struggle against the inevitable slowing of reactions and dulling of the eye that comes with age, Flower's innings in Bloemfontein was a distinctly scratchy affair. But on a bright Potchefstroom morning (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/463144.html) two days later, he appeared much more at ease, whipping Rusty Theron authoritatively to the midwicket boundary in a run-a-ball 22 and putting on 47 with Tatenda Taibu at better than five an over to breathe life into Zimbabwe's innings after they had slipped to 60 for 3.

In a measure of how relaxed he was at the crease Flower actually started calling in Afrikaans - shouting "Wag!", "Ja!" or "Nee!" - in the course of that innings, as he had always done when batting with his older brother.

"Originally my job was to get involved just in the coaching. But I've been persuaded to play a bit. So we'll see what happens. Take it game by game or tour by tour and just go from there. I had a very good one-day season for Essex, one of my best ones to be honest, and I wouldn't have come back and played if I hadn't been in that sort of form. So that did have a big bearing on my decision when Alistair asked me. Obviously that's county cricket and this is international, but if you're a good enough player you can adapt, even at my age.

"They wanted me to play, to start off, so I could help the guys out in the middle. With my experience, hopefully form some partnerships and things like that. But I think it could also be a conflict of interest. If I don't do that well and I'm trying to get my point across and tell guys, 'Do this, but don't follow me if I don't do well.' That's what I've got to be careful of.

godzilla
October 29, 2010, 09:45 PM
Shakib is taking rest now, not playing in the NCL, so that means that he will play for the Zim series.

How many ODIs do BD need to win to advance to NO 8 in the ICC rankings? This should be their focus.
WI is due to play SL in Dec, but I think that they will get a good beating there.

Something tells me that after BD reaches the # 8 position, the champion trophy will cut down to 7 teams instead of 8.

Ajfar
October 29, 2010, 10:23 PM
^ yup and after BD reaches the number 1 position it will be between top 2 - 8 teams.

Rabz
October 30, 2010, 01:51 AM
^ hehe..
good one.

simon
October 30, 2010, 05:49 AM
Taylor and Taibu...my fear.

Chigumbura.

MohammedC
October 30, 2010, 08:00 AM
Fearing BD reaching top 8 ICC have scrapped Champions trophy.

lamisa
October 30, 2010, 09:23 AM
^^^^hehe,are na!ki je bolen na!

Habib
October 30, 2010, 09:56 AM
^Well you never know. BD whitewashing NZ might actually have helped them take the decision.

al Furqaan
November 1, 2010, 03:58 PM
Unless we bowl and field well, a number of their batters can take the game away from us. Sibanda, Masakadza, Taibu, Taylor and Coventry have all improved as expected and guys like Chigumbura, Williams and Matsikenyeri can accelerate like anything.

I'm not sure how much they're bowling has improved, but our traditional brainfarts and "hit-by-the-numbers" premeditated shot selection, not to mention other forms of unforced batting error, can get clever bowlers like Utseya, Williams and Cremer timely wickets. They're an excellent fielding side.

There's no reason for us not to take them seriously, and we better not, no matter how justifiably confident we are.

Gotta disagree on a few points :)

I used to have high hopes for Sibanda...but he's mostly been a very poor joke.

Masakadza is their SN...blasted the minnows like Kenya out of the park, and had a few decent scores against us, but not enough to win any games.

Taibu is class, and Taylor is becoming class. If Taylor can be consistently consistent then he will join Taibu as their only match-winning pair. Flower, methinks, is too old to do much more than stabilize the lineup. Williams is another potential match-winner, but he got to improve his game if he wants to be considered as the poor man's Shakib.

Coventry is a bigger joke than Ashraful + Sibanda + Ijaz Butt + Aftab combined. In his last 21 innings, with a 194*, he still barely averages 30. take it out, and he averages just 20, with most of his 30+ scores coming against us.

chigambura can hit with the best...a poor man's yuvraj, but since taking captaincy he's struggled and his bowling has been pedestrian as well.

matsikenyeri is nothing to be worried about either.

bottom line is our 2 biggest ZIM destroyers are in the lineup...everoyne talks about SN, but no one mentions razzak, who has taken a trillion wickets at sub 20 average.

ZIM will struggle on our turf. the pitches in SA were flat, had bounce and pace. our wickets will hopefully be low and slow. ZIM's batsman will completely be mistiming the ball, at least for the first 2-3 games of the series. I will predict that 80% of their dismissals will be caught by mid off, mid on, cover, and midwicket.

RazabQ
November 1, 2010, 05:22 PM
Razzak got hammered in NCL List As. He's in for some pain from the Zims I tells ya. Also it will be critical for Shak to go back to his parsimonious ways. Lately he's been tending to bowl too full and been getting hammered during PPs and what not.

dolcevita
November 1, 2010, 06:15 PM
Anything less than 4-1 will be disappointing

Holden
November 1, 2010, 07:58 PM
For those who, like me, can not wait till December, here are highlights when Bangladesh toured Zimbabwe last year:-

http://cricket-online.tv/bangladesh-vs-zimbabwe-odi-highlights-2009/

the 2nd and 4th games are pretty decent, although I must warn you there may be scenes of hilariously bad fielding from both sides,

And here's when Zimbabwe toured bangladesh:-

http://cricket-online.tv/bangladesh-vs-zimbabwe-odi-highlights-tour-of-bdesh/