PDA

View Full Version : Enamul Haque Moni to officiate South Africa - Zimbabwe series

Miraz
October 9, 2010, 09:30 AM
Bangladesh international panel umpire Enamul Hoque Moni has been appointed by the International Cricket Council to stand as on field umpire in the three match ODI series between South Africa and Zimbabwe. This is the first time a Bangladeshi umpire has been appointed to officiate ODI matches between two full member nations except home nation in neutral venues.

Source : BCB media release

roman
October 9, 2010, 09:33 AM
About time!!!

Habib
October 9, 2010, 09:35 AM
I feel sorry for Zimbos TBH.

chol_bd123
October 9, 2010, 10:00 AM
This is good news. A Bangladeshi got a promotion. But i hope to god he doesn't make stupid decisions again and then get thrown away

MarufH
October 9, 2010, 10:14 AM
Good for him.

lamisa
October 9, 2010, 10:34 AM
finally his hard work(as in doing bideshider chamchami) yielded some crops for him!

wiseshah
October 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
good luck chora Moni though i hate him for standing against our slight chance of winning. feel sorry for zimbabwe. they will feel now what we used to feel

another ashoka borned

magic boy
October 9, 2010, 11:01 AM
Good News. Congrats!

Neither I like him nor hate him. I believe by the time he will be more accurate in his job. and more international match to be exact, more neutral matches will give him the best chance to reshape himself.He has made this tough professional journey this far and it hasn't been so easy.He is part of us, Bangladesh Cricket.
I wish him all the way to be a successful and controversy free umpire of whom we can be proud.Go Ahead Mr.Moni

inspyr9
October 9, 2010, 12:17 PM
he did alright in the last bd-nz match.

_Rafi_
October 9, 2010, 12:47 PM
He is much better than Ashoka, Tucker and some other elite panel umpires.

MohammedC
October 9, 2010, 12:48 PM
Nadir Shah is a better umpire.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Habib
October 9, 2010, 02:47 PM
Sharifuddoula Saikat should also get a chance in the series as the 3rd umpire. He would be the first colorblind umpire to get the honor.

mij
October 9, 2010, 03:15 PM
Nadir Shah is a better umpire.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

He is.

mij
October 9, 2010, 03:18 PM
Good News. Congrats!

Neither I like him nor hate him. I believe by the time he will be more accurate in his job. and more international match to be exact, more neutral matches will give him the best chance to reshape himself.He has made this tough professional journey this far and it hasn't been so easy.He is part of us, Bangladesh Cricket.
I wish him all the way to be a successful and controversy free umpire of whom we can be proud.Go Ahead Mr.Moni

Don't care who he is Bangladeshi or not Bangladeshi I hate people cheat and progress for himself, selfish people.

MohammedC
October 9, 2010, 03:33 PM
I still can not get over this decision by Moni. CI is generous by saying few inches it was more like foot away.

Pietersen to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, 56.8 mph, and he's been given out! That's a bit of a howler from the umpire there. Shakib went down to sweep a ball pitched outside off stump from around the wicket. He missed the shot and was struck on the back leg, but the ball had turned away slightly after pitching and he was hit outside the line. The ball also would have missed the stumps by a good few inches, so not a great decision there, and that'll be a major blow to Bangladesh's hopes

Shakib Al Hasan lbw b Pietersen 38 (47m 38b 3x4 0x6) SR: 100.00

cricket_pagol
October 9, 2010, 03:35 PM
Not a big fan of Moni's umpiring, so I worry that he will tarnish the image of Bangladesh by making a fool of himself.

Anyway, best of luck to him!

Dilscoop
October 9, 2010, 03:55 PM
Moni is not that umpire. So of you guys are upset because he made few bad calls vs us. But you have to understand why he did those things that he did. He didn't wanna come out like the fool who is very biased toward the locals.

For his good I'd rather have him be little more to other side than doing what that ghadha 3rd umpire did last time and embarrass us. But as a Banglaland cricket fan, bow to that GHADHA. Lol what a legend. You must have some hard balls to pull that off, on a live telecast. (but I think he meant to press RED, just like the other time when he meant to press RED but pressed GREEN and then quickly changed it back 2 RED).

MohammedC
October 9, 2010, 05:45 PM
Moni is not that umpire. So of you guys are upset because he made few bad calls vs us. But you have to understand why he did those things that he did. He didn't wanna come out like the fool who is very biased toward the locals.
..........).

Dilscoop bhai I dont know what you mean when you said Moni was not that umpire. He gives out like the one below just to show he is fair and very good umpire. Can you please explain bit more thoroughly. But before you do that, have a look at the clip below.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vodMBs0vcEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0 x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vodMBs0vcEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0 x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

riankhan
October 9, 2010, 06:06 PM
BD needed 123 in 100 balls, with six wickets in hand.
What was Moni thinking?:mad:

Haru-party
October 9, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ashoka Returnzzzzzzzz.........do whatever u wanna do with him ICC but keep him away from BD matches pls

Roni_uk
October 9, 2010, 08:34 PM
Wow.. he just got a promotion. ICC gone mad or just wants to see how he performs in a neutral match before they sack him.

Rubu
October 9, 2010, 08:53 PM
That means, he will not have a chance to umpire for BD at that time! this is a good news.

bdtiger
October 9, 2010, 09:42 PM
I read his interview in KK. Check the highlighted part :)

প্রশ্ন : আম্পায়ারিংয়ে আরেকটু ওপরের ধাপে গেছেন নিশ্চয়ই পারফরম্যান্সের ভিত্তিতে। গত কয়েক বছরে নিজের আম্পায়ারিংকে কিভাবে মূল্যায়ন করবেন?
এনামুল : আমি কেন, এটা মূল্যায়ন করবে খেলোয়াড়, আইসিসি, দর্শক ও সাংবাদিকরা। এখন টেলিভিশনে সব খেলা দেখানো হয়। সুতরাং খারাপ করেও গলা ফাটাতে পারব না যে আমি ভালো করেছি।
প্রশ্ন : সাবেক ক্রিকেটাররা সাধারণত সর্বোচ্চ পর্যায়ের আম্পায়ারিংয়ে আসেন না। তাঁরা কোচিং কিংবা কমেন্ট্রিকে পেশা হিসেবে বেছে নেন। আপনার আম্পায়ারিংয়ে আসার কারণ কী?
এনামুল : চ্যালেঞ্জ নিতে ভালোবাসি বলে। খেলোয়াড়ি জীবনে আমি কেমন ফাইটার ছিলাম, সেটা আপনারা দেখেছেন। বছরে দুটিই বড় ম্যাচ খেলতাম। আবাহনী ও মোহামেডানের বিপক্ষে। বিমানের মতো নন-সাপোর্টিং টিমে খেলেছি ৯ বছর। আমি স্রোতের প্রতিকূলে সাঁতরাতেই পছন্দ করি। আমার বিপক্ষে পাঁচ হাজার দর্শক। তাদের বিপক্ষে ভালো খেলেই দেখিয়েছি যে দেখ ব্যাটা আমি ভালো খেলোয়াড়। একাই তোদের হারাতে পারি। তাই অনেকে যেটা কঠিন মনে করে, আমার কাছে সেটাই সহজ।

cricket_king
October 9, 2010, 10:48 PM
Dilscoop bhai I dont know what you mean when you said Moni was not that umpire. He gives out like the one below just to show he is fair and very good umpire. Can you please explain bit more thoroughly. But before you do that, have a look at the clip below.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vodMBs0vcEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0 x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vodMBs0vcEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0 x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My God. That was atrocious. This guy is a freaking embarrassment.

al-Sagar
October 10, 2010, 12:12 AM
hope he stays away from umpiring BD games

bdtiger
October 10, 2010, 12:25 AM
hope he stays away from umpiring BD games

I also hope so. Against Bangladesh he took decisions so quickly even without thinking aqnything just like premeditated decisions. Why!! Just to get his neutrality? No Mr. Moni you were not right against Bangladesh in many cases.

And as a player I never remember you as a match winner when playing for Biman. Why you could not join Abahani or Mohammedan? Because they did not pick you as you were never a top performer. Now shut your mouth and improve your umpiring specially against Bangladesh.

Dilscoop
October 10, 2010, 01:11 AM

thats exactly what i am syain. you just proved my point

auntu
October 10, 2010, 03:38 AM
[বাংলা]আল্লাহ মান-ইজ্জত সহী সালামতে রেখো।
টাইবু গং দের জন্য একটু দুঃশ্চিন্তাই হচ্ছে।[/বাংলা]

Zeeshan
October 10, 2010, 03:40 AM
If Moni had arthiritis, he'd still muster enough energy to raise finger against us.

lamisa
October 10, 2010, 05:10 AM
does anyone know what happened to the saikot dude?is he still alive?

_Rafi_
October 10, 2010, 05:11 AM
This thread needs some good words.
Congrats Enamul! You are a great umpire. Wishing you good luck.

zainab
October 10, 2010, 06:41 AM

Are you fast asleep and dreaming? He is the worst kind of umpire, should not umpire, dont know the rules of the game. hopes he embarasses himself and then gets sacked forever.

RazabQ
October 10, 2010, 12:06 PM
A good umpire focuses on making good decision. Not in interjecting himself within the game. Moni has shown a tendency to do so, often at the expense of Bangladesh.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2010, 02:50 PM
Allah Maaf koruk.

One World
October 10, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hope his representation marks a signature for future BD umpires.

Tiger Manc
October 11, 2010, 09:01 AM
Sharifuddoula Saikat should also get a chance in the series as the 3rd umpire. He would be the first colorblind umpire to get the honor.

LMAO!!!! :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:: floor::floor::floor:

hahaha that was a good one!!

lamisa
October 11, 2010, 09:32 AM
anyways,i hope that baire giye monir mathay ektu ghilu gojak,bangladesher naam ujjol koruk,hasinar naam ujjal koruk ebong she jate ar joboneo amader match e tar chehara na dekhay,parle shathe kore ashokareo niye jak!

_Rafi_
October 14, 2010, 03:27 PM
So he will be umpiring in first odi tomorrow. Good luck.

mij
October 14, 2010, 04:03 PM
So he will be umpiring in first odi tomorrow. Good luck.

He needs it big time. Or his short career will end soon.

Huda
October 15, 2010, 02:37 PM
Moni just made a very very good decision in not giving Taylor out on 99.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Habib
October 15, 2010, 02:41 PM

Totally forgot about him. Glad to know he's not embarrassing us. Carry on Moni.

mac
October 15, 2010, 02:46 PM

Eye surgery koirailo kobe? :-p

Habib
October 15, 2010, 02:55 PM
That was indeed a good decision by Moni. The ball brushed the thigh pad before going to the keeper.

magic boy
October 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
Kon channel e khela dekhacche?...kothao to dekhtesina!!

Dilscoop
October 15, 2010, 03:02 PM
I told you. He will make better calls when he is not umpiring Ban matches.

Habib
October 15, 2010, 03:07 PM
Kon channel e khela dekhacche?...kothao to dekhtesina!!

Ami Cricinfo channel a dekhtesi :P

Huda
October 15, 2010, 03:45 PM
I was watching live channel hopping when he made that decision. It looked out iniatilly but replays showed it was intact a very good decision. Commentators were impressed

Habib
October 15, 2010, 03:52 PM
I was watching live channel hopping when he made that decision. It looked out iniatilly but replays showed it was intact a very good decision. Commentators were impressed

What did the commentators say Huda vai?

MohammedC
October 15, 2010, 04:59 PM
Since he has done good job I am going to hide the video.

Purbasha T
October 15, 2010, 07:29 PM
Kotto beaddop polapain. Eto murubbi ekjonke ki moni-moni kore daktese!!!

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 12:43 AM
Good that he isn't in this series. Wanted to say, "Dure Gia Mor" he deserves as well. But can't say that to an ex cricketer. Man, try to improve or ......... "_" ..........

lamisa
October 16, 2010, 01:55 AM
ok great that he's doing good and all that.just stay away from bd,that's it!!!carry on with ur greatness!

Huda
October 16, 2010, 02:37 AM
What did the commentators say Huda vai?

Think it was Kepler Wessels at the time commentating and some other zimbabwean guy, they basically said give credit where its due to the umpire in making a good decision.

_Rafi_
October 16, 2010, 03:00 AM

Are you fast asleep and dreaming? He is the worst kind of umpire, should not umpire, dont know the rules of the game. hopes he embarasses himself and then gets sacked forever.

not an effective curse! He did well in first match. Now I really hope he will do well in next match to book a place in world cup umpire list.