PDA

View Full Version : Petition to add a 6th ODI...

al Furqaan
October 11, 2010, 04:57 AM
it can be done very easily...both boards have to agree (NZ board will defo agree).

i'd like to win a proper 5 match series and not have to share the trophy if its 2-2.

who's with me?

Nadim
October 11, 2010, 04:59 AM
lol no point. It won't happen :)

Tiger-ess
October 11, 2010, 05:00 AM
LOOOL how did I know this thread was coming!

goru
October 11, 2010, 05:07 AM
Stick to 5 ODI's, possibilites (considering possible washouts, however unlikely):
- We share trophy 2-2
- We win the series 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1, 4-0

Go for 6 ODI's:
- We share trophy 2-2
- We win the series 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 4-0,4-1, 5-0
- We lose the series 2-3

I know what I'd go for.

Purbasha T
October 11, 2010, 05:08 AM
Let's just convince Cricinfo to put up a 6th ODI in their fixtures. The players and the officials by looking at that might think there's actually a 6th ODI to be played, and so arrange it. :-|

@goru: din't think of that :-p...so yes, no 6th ODI!

Yameen
October 11, 2010, 05:12 AM
rather than getting too ahead of ourselves and also restricting the possibilities of any INJURIES, I am strongly against this and rather we just target 4-0 and nothing less then let the guys get together in preparation for a 'tougher' series against the Zimbos who WILL play spin much better than the kiwis

al-Sagar
October 11, 2010, 05:18 AM
what if we win one of the next match and win it 3-1 .... no boards will like to play an additional dead rubber

BANFAN
October 11, 2010, 05:44 AM
Delete / Rainwash one ODI to keep it nice. 2-1 isnt bad, 3-0 would be shonaye sho-haga

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 05:51 AM
Lets play one game at a time. We have never been in this position before with G8 side with their strongest possible line up. Lets enjoy that for now.

yaseer
October 11, 2010, 06:35 AM
We just missed a big chance by canceling the Test Series.
I was confident even before the series that we could beat NZ in tests. Now I am sure we would have registered another Test win.

alibangali
October 11, 2010, 08:19 AM
We just missed a big chance by canceling the Test Series.
I was confident even before the series that we could beat NZ in tests. Now I am sure we would have registered another Test win.

I concur, but i guess they want to play as much ODi's as possible before the world cup against good sides so its all good.

Green Tea
October 11, 2010, 08:27 AM
i am not agree.

mij
October 11, 2010, 08:44 AM
This thread have no value.

beshideshi
October 11, 2010, 08:46 AM
to be honest, it seems like BCB actually did a good thing by cancelling the test series. By playing more ODIs, the team will have better practice[regardless of how many Pont, Fountain you have, there are no better practice than games against big teams], the team will start shaping up[decent bowling attack, batting line up etc], there will be a few good backups created.
Also, if the team gets into test mode, it might have been hard to shift back to the the ODI mode.
And if we are looking at the greater good[World cup] and not the the short term gain and have believe in ourselves, a 6th ODI might not be the worst idea. But given NZ will be playing a test in India from the 4th November, i highly doubt they will agree to play another ODI with BD.

Tiger Manc
October 11, 2010, 08:54 AM
goru your spot on, for the first time in our history (I think), the opposition team go home without collecting a trophy and you want us to lose that stat by adding a odi!?!?

Anher
October 11, 2010, 08:58 AM
what if we win one of the next match and win it 3-1 .... no boards will like to play an additional dead rubber

i would suggest scrap the 5th ODI then start another series where NZ will continue to play as many ODIs as they like until they register a win against bd. :-p

OR

Scrap the 5th ODI and start a test match. I like it. Bd would like it. NZ would be scared the **** out of it.

On topic:
why would i go for 6th ODI where i have better chance to win the series in 5 ODIs specially when we havnt won any series agaisnt full strength top 8 countries. if your intention is to watch bd White wash NZ then let bd make it 4-0 and named it Rain Wash.

lamisa
October 11, 2010, 09:41 AM
nope,no 6th odi.way too much cricket what with the domestic league and the zim team touring us.emnitei amader damal chhelera ei koyekta khelte khelte behush hoye jabe...we don't want a adha-mora team before the WC

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 11:23 AM
Make it 7... we can use the practice anyways. I thought 2 ODI = 2 Tests was a bit unfair... playing 7 AKA six will give us quality practice for the WC.

We all know the standard of our domestic team and Zim team... MAKE IT 7!!!!!!!!!!!

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
Make it 7... we can use the practice anyways. I thought 2 ODI = 2 Tests was a bit unfair... playing 7 AKA six will give us quality practice for the WC.

We all know the standard of our domestic team and Zim team... MAKE IT 7!!!!!!!!!!!

FagunerAgun
October 11, 2010, 11:32 AM
I second this idea.

wiseshah
October 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/you_like_this_facebook_tumbs_up_bumper_sticker-p128127724679874290trl0_400.jpg (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefSfPbNMhFwALg2jzbkF/SIG=13oej5end/EXP=1286901535/**http%3a//rlv.zcache.com/you_like_this_facebook_tumbs_up_bumper_sticker-p128127724679874290trl0_400.jpg)

i like this too

al Furqaan
October 11, 2010, 11:40 AM
to be honest, it seems like BCB actually did a good thing by cancelling the test series. By playing more ODIs, the team will have better practice[regardless of how many Pont, Fountain you have, there are no better practice than games against big teams], the team will start shaping up[decent bowling attack, batting line up etc], there will be a few good backups created.
Also, if the team gets into test mode, it might have been hard to shift back to the the ODI mode.
And if we are looking at the greater good[World cup] and not the the short term gain and have believe in ourselves, a 6th ODI might not be the worst idea. But given NZ will be playing a test in India from the 4th November, i highly doubt they will agree to play another ODI with BD.

yes no doubt BCB made the right move in making it a 5 match series...but due to rain it is now 4 match series at best. so we gained 1 ODI at the expense of 2 tests. this is not good.

2 tests should have been retained + 5 ODIs. since the tests are gone, we should definitely add another ODI.

does anyone think this NZ squad can beat us 3 times successively? no, we will have to go comatose to lose a series here.

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 12:04 PM
Instead of 6th ODI. Can we invite someone else right before or after the Zim series. I know West Indies are to scarted to face us.

What are our option?

Rabz
October 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
5th 6th or 7th... matters very less.
All i care for is a series win.

We've been been on the door step like this before.

zman
October 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
Instead of 6th ODI. Can we invite someone else right before or after the Zim series. I know West Indies are to scarted to face us.

What are our option?
yes good idea, as a matter of fact I'm all for reducing one ODI in the series since i do believe a bird in hand is worth two in the bush when it comes to our beloved team :P

I have faith in our team but why not have this series in the bag as quickly as we can first and then get started on winning another one ;)

Huda
October 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
yes no doubt BCB made the right move in making it a 5 match series...but due to rain it is now 4 match series at best. so we gained 1 ODI at the expense of 2 tests. this is not good.

2 tests should have been retained + 5 ODIs. since the tests are gone, we should definitely add another ODI.

does anyone think this NZ squad can beat us 3 times successively? no, we will have to go comatose to lose a series here.

I agree the tests should have remained, if not then 7 ODIS like the Indians play usually. We could have won one of the tests, the NZ team is there for the taking.

Dilscoop
October 11, 2010, 01:09 PM
Not if we can manage to win another 1.

Ajfar
October 11, 2010, 02:44 PM

But think of like this. What if this was the golden opportunity to beat a G8 nation and we passed it off. When are we gonna get a chance like this?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
October 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
But think of like this. What if this was the golden opportunity to beat a G8 nation and we passed it off. When are we gonna get a chance like this?

Golden opportunity are coming

Mahmood
October 12, 2010, 08:36 AM
Originally this was a 3 ODI 2 Test series. If we did not change it, right now we would have whitewashed NZ 2-0 and preparing for a Test bashing!!!

Please don't change any more.

lamisa
October 12, 2010, 09:42 AM
can we get pakistan or something?WI aren't coming,india will be busy with nz.i don't know about australia and SA but no england for obvious reasons.SL,no,because they are very good players of spin and we don't need anything to dampen our winning spirit atm.so i think pak is the best option..

Habib
October 12, 2010, 09:58 AM
can we get pakistan or something?WI aren't coming,india will be busy with nz.i don't know about australia and SA but no england for obvious reasons.SL,no,because they are very good players of spin and we don't need anything to dampen our winning spirit atm.so i think pak is the best option..

If we beat Pak then people will say it was fixed. So not interested.

BANFAN
October 13, 2010, 07:28 AM
If we beat Pak then people will say it was fixed. So not interested.

Nut still, we get the points and Pak gets sorted out .........

crickwizard
October 13, 2010, 08:18 AM
Australia can come broken for another beat up on their way home after getting hammered in India

beshideshi
October 13, 2010, 08:49 AM

As I said earlier it's a trade off between short term gain and long term, greater gain. By playing one[or two] more ODIs we are carrying the risk of losing the series, but I doubt this will hurt us. The form our team is in, I don't think NZ can beat us 3 times consecutively.
And if we are that scared of losing the series, we should just sit back and hope for rain. I'd rather have the team play against quality opposition and be better prepared for the world cup rather.
Bangladesh_SY bro, don't worry about chances to beat G8 teams. The way we played against world #1 and #1 ODI team in home, I am sure we can give most teams a run for their money and test wins against G8 teams[at least at home] are just around the corner, so don't worry bhai!