PDA

View Full Version : Raqibul Sucks

Pages : [1] 2

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:05 AM
Get him out of the ODI team for gods sake and save us from the pain of watching such horrendous innings :hairpull:

Play him in the test team, he might make a decent enough test player. But he sucks big time in odis. Nevermind how many runs he scores or what average he has. He lives in the 80's and this wont work anymore.

Jahurul is a much better replacement. I won't mind even Shehriar Nafees now to be in the XI, but Raqibul is such a pain.

Tiger Manc
October 11, 2010, 09:13 AM
Tell me about it! What the hell was he thinking playing an innings like that? I thought he was a changed man when he hit that 76 against England, but it seems he's gone back to his old self. A career strike rate of 61 is laughable. Shahriar Nafees for #4!!

nakibahmed
October 11, 2010, 09:15 AM
nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
Tell me about it! What the hell was he thinking playing an innings like that? I thought he was a changed man when he hit that 76 against England, but it seems he's gone back to his old self. A career strike rate of 61 is laughable. Shahriar Nafees for #4!!
SN is a fine player of spin. We seriously can consider him at #4. Once Tamim comes back it will not be easy to decide the opening pair. SN at 4 may be the solution. Jahurul is also a contender of the spot.

lamisa
October 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
let's try SN and TI once more,if they click then let's chuck out imruilla from the odi team.and as for the rok,he should be replaced by jahurul,he could also go to the test team

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?
I don't know what you mean by technically correct, but the guy can't find the damn gaps to save his life. That innings in England which he played till the batting powerplay was the only one I can remember of him having a decent strike rate. Most of the time he's a pain to watch.

Jahurul meanwhile hasn't played any big innings, but whatever little he has played he has played it well by ODI standards. He plays ODIs like ODIs and tests like tests.

And I don't get where this Indian attack thing came from. And sure we're already wetting our pants thinking about Raqibul destroying our bowlers :lol:

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
SN is a fine player of spin. We seriously can consider him at #4. Once Tamim comes back it will not be easy to decide the opening pair. SN at 4 may be the solution. Jahurul is also a contender of the spot.
Maybe SN can be sent in to open to make most of the batting powerplay with Tamim. Even if one of them gets out within 10 overs, it's a hell lot of runs :-p

Imrul's batting is more suited for #3 or #4, where he can play the way he's doing now. I won't mind Imrul opening, he is a decent player of the new ball.

Tiger Manc
October 11, 2010, 09:31 AM

I've always said Shahriar Nafees is more effective at #4 than as an opener. He's showed before he's an excellent player of spin and he showed that today as well. It's no surprise that he averages 36 in Bangladesh. I think we should let Imrul have the opener spot as he's more effective there. He's also hit 7 50+ scores this year, 6 of which have come against a g8 team, so it would be unfair to drop him. He's done a great job for us this year and he plays to a plan, he just needs to speed it up a bit. He doesn't give his wicket away often like the aaa, and it's nice to see the score at 50/0, rather than 5/1. Between the two I'd much prefer SN at #4 than Imrul.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:37 AM
I've always said Shahriar Nafees is more effective at #4 than as an opener. He's showed before he's an excellent player of spin and he showed that today as well. It's no surprise that he averages 36 in Bangladesh. I think we should let Imrul have the opener spot as he's more effective there. He's also hit 7 50+ scores this year, 6 of which have come against a g8 team, so it would be unfair to drop him. He's done a great job for us this year and he plays to a plan, he just needs to speed it up a bit. He doesn't give his wicket away often like the aaa, and it's nice to see the score at 50/0, rather than 5/1. Between the two I'd much prefer SN at #4 than Imrul.
LOL dropping Imrul is out of equation. He's not a sucker like Raqibul - is a bit slow but he can rotate the strike and find the gaps very well.

Miraz
October 11, 2010, 09:46 AM
Roqibul ROCKS!!

He is a level headed guy who is very much required in our talented top order batting line-up. Imrul and Roqibul adds crucial balance to our flamboyant and adventerous young batsmen heavy batting order.

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 09:47 AM

You are technically sound doesn't mean you are fit for international cricket. You have to score runs at least at a decent pace. Unfortunately Raqibul most of the time lacks that motivation. Stabilizing the middle order is import which he does. Accelerating later on is also important which he fails regularly. As a result most of the times he puts the team under pressure. Strike rate of 61.62 is simply unacceptable from a top order batsman at this level.

I would also question his technical abilities. Though he didn't play many test matches, yet....He has an average of 19.14 in 7 test he played so far. He is technically very weak at deliveries outside the off stamp or leaving the off stamp. I have seen him getting out behind the wicket a lot of times against these deliveries.

He needs to improve his mindset. Current team has better players benched. He needs to improve if he wants his spot in the team.

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 09:49 AM
Agreed 100% with Miraz bhai. We need coupl of level headed batsmen to balance the batting line up.

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 09:51 AM
Roqibul ROCKS!!

He is a level headed guy who is very much required in our talented top order batting line-up. Imrul and Roqibul adds crucial balance to our flamboyant and adventerous young batsmen heavy batting order.
I beg to differ Miraz bhai. His attitude inside and off the field during the last one year doesn't suggest in favor of his mental maturity. He is not good in decision making. Be it while batting or while making dramas.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Roqibul ROCKS!!

OK and let them keep on getting 230 runs and blame it all on siddons. And that 230 is if Mashrafe and Shakib plays well during the death.

beshideshi
October 11, 2010, 09:52 AM
Roqibul ROCKS!!

Good to see someone understanding the importance of Raqibul.
I am finding it hard to believe that people are blaming him for playing slow today, was there a bonus point on offer for an early win? No. And we still won with 10 overs to spare, what's the complaint?
I think Raqibul is a long term #4 for us, he may be struggling a bit, but he is player well worth investing in.

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
This argument will go no where.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
Guys I'm all in for a batsman who can consolidate the middle order. But consolidation is one thing and hogging strike is another. And a strike rate of 61 in modern day cricket is pathetic to say the least.

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
Good to see someone understanding the importance of Raqibul.
I am finding it hard to believe that people are blaming him for playing slow today, was there a bonus point on offer for an early win? No. And we still won with 10 overs to spare, what's the complaint?
I think Raqibul is a long term #4 for us, he may be struggling a bit, but he is player well worth investing in.
I don't have any problem for his today's slow game. But in most matches he puts us under pressure. In ODI, no 3 batsman must be able to defend and attack. Most of the times he lacks the second thing.

Miraz
October 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
OK and lets keep on getting 230 runs and blame it all on siddons. And that 230 is if Mashrafe and Shakib plays well during the death.

You have to play according to match situations. Getting 230 today would have won us match as we were chasing only 173. Roqibul was playing according to the situation. You can't start a thread questioning his style of batting when we were chasing 173 and had 20 plus overs left to get 40 odd runs.

He CAN play shots when required. He has most of the shots, but on most occasions he comes to bat after a short collapse of the top order and he has to focus on rebuilding the innings.

If he had played the same innings when we were batting first, probably you would have much better points to start with. :)

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 09:59 AM
This argument will go no where.
I wanna bet one thing.
Raqibul will be permanently dropped from the side in next 2 years .
Any one up for the bet?

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
I wanna bet one thing.
Any one up for the bet?

I will take your word for it. But wont bet with you. (betting is ....stani thing)

Miraz
October 11, 2010, 10:06 AM
I wanna bet one thing.
Any one up for the bet?

Yes, I am up for it.

One week free lunch at the chosen Bangladeshi restaurants when I am in Bangladesh. Done?

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, I am up for it.

One week free lunch at the chosen Bangladeshi restaurants when I am in Bangladesh. Done?

can you bring some of the chosen food for me when you come back to uk (obviously its going to be good)

BTW what do you think of my new signature?

Catskills
October 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think Jahirul should play instead of Mahmudulla or even Raqbul in 4th ODI. Jahirul is in good form and needs to be included in 4th ODI.

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 10:14 AM
Yes, I am up for it.

Done. :-D

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 10:16 AM
can you bring some of the chosen food for me when you come back to uk (obviously its going to be good)

Nice signature Mohammed bhai.

Bhai jan apni deshe ashen kintu dekha koren na. Apni ashle to pet vore apnar posonder menu khawaite partam.

beshideshi
October 11, 2010, 10:16 AM
I wanna bet one thing.
Any one up for the bet?

Raqibul will be our #4, for a long, long time.
And if he is not in the team on 11 October, 2012, excluding exclusion due to injury or other unrelated ban, I will pay for your dinner at any given restaurant.
But, if he in the team on 11 October 2012, you owe me a dinner at the very same restaurant or we can also exchange the equivalent monetary amount.
deal?

wiseshah
October 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
Roqibul ROCKS!!

totally agree with everything u said.
we have a nice set of players before world cup. lets not discard any one based on one or 2 match performances.

opener: tamim, kayes
middle order: junaed siddiqui
shahriar nafees
jahurul islam
rokibul
mahmudullah
shakib
naeem
mushfiq
suhrawadi shuvo

spinner: abdur razzaq
pacer: shafiul, rubel, mashrafe,nazmul

ps. outside of this zone, if something happens replacement/reserve should be from

1. shuvagoto hom
2. sabbir rahman
3. nazimuddin
4. anamul hauque

that means: ashraful's come back chance is fading up and definitely alok , aftab is out of any equation.

focus should be: finding atleast 4 ideal pacer, who can replace any injured pacer

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 10:22 AM
Raqibul will be our #4, for a long, long time.
And if he is not in the team on 11 October, 2012, excluding exclusion due to injury or other unrelated ban, I will pay for your dinner at any given restaurant.
But, if he in the team on 11 October 2012, you owe me a dinner at the very same restaurant or we can also exchange the equivalent monetary amount.
deal?
Deal.

Now two sets of bet are there...
Me vs Miraz bhai
Me vs beshideshi bhai.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
You have to play according to match situations. Getting 230 today would have won us match as we were chasing only 173. Roqibul was playing according to the situation. You can't start a thread questioning his style of batting when we were chasing 173 and had 20 plus overs left to get 40 odd runs.

He CAN play shots when required. He has most of the shots, but on most occasions he comes to bat after a short collapse of the top order and he has to focus on rebuilding the innings.

If he had played the same innings when we were batting first, probably you would have much better points to start with. :)
See bro, not complaining about his innings alone. You need not slog every ball but today he was hesitant to even rotate the strike and almost ran Junaid out. That's what you don't need. There are players like Jahurul waiting for chances, so you got to do good.

Miraz
October 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
Done. :-Dcan you bring some of the chosen food for me when you come back to uk (obviously its going to be good)

can't wait for 11/10/2012. Have to make a list of restaurants. :D

Mohammed bhai, why not you join me in Bangladesh? I hope Sadi bhai won't mind. :)

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
Great to see so many Roqibul supporters..I seriously don't know why people are so harsh on the guy..especially today..SR didn't matter today at all..NZ scored 173 for god's sakes..we need level headed batsmen in our team..

WarWolf
October 11, 2010, 10:35 AM
can't wait for 11/10/2012. Have to make a list of restaurants. :D

Mohammed bhai, why not you join me in Bangladesh? I hope Sadi bhai won't mind. :)
Miraz bhai it would be fun to have Mohammed bhai and beshideshi bhai in the restaurants. (Apnar beshi khorocher kotha chinta kore maya lagse oboshsho ;))

BlindSupporterofBD
October 11, 2010, 10:37 AM
Rokibul has palyed today according to the game situation and deserve a big salute from the fan. sadly we have opened a thread to insult him. Rather I want to ask questions why Junaied got unnecessary out at that situation? we could win by 8wkts.

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 10:45 AM
This is becoming something new. I want more of this.

Gone are the days when people used to forget everything after a win, all we did was celebrate. Nowdays we criticise a individual who does not play according to fans rule even after a win.

alibangali
October 11, 2010, 10:58 AM
If you combine all the innings Roqibul has played and seen the guy play, you will know he is out of his league in international cricket. He is not just slow but incapable of controlling the bowlers.

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 11:11 AM
let's try SN and TI once more,if they click then let's chuck out imruilla from the odi team.and as for the rok,he should be replaced by jahurul,he could also go to the test team

I like the idea. :)

MarufH
October 11, 2010, 11:14 AM
Interesting conflict. Someone bump up the thread in 2 years. :)

Ashfaq
October 11, 2010, 11:16 AM
Rokibul is either horribly out of sorts or he has been castrated recently. No sign of steroid in his innings today. He played just like Taylor, except that TaYLOR was the last man standing and Rok was standing with in 2 feet of victory. Why the hell would he act as Major Block in that situation is beyond me.

I understand that going for big booming drives in that situation was impractical. But where was the aggressive intent? One only needs to rotate the strike twice an over to intimidate the opposition in to defensive. We're incredibly lucky that Riyad snapped the Kiwi tail. If the target was a little steeper.... I shiver to thing how Rok would handle that.

RazabQ
October 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
To all who are thinking Raqibul played well here's my counter:

1) Yes it is important to have a more compact, less aggressive player if your batting order is stroke-player heavy
2) Yes before his injury Raqibul was showing some promise on that front but not anymore
3) His feet are in cement. Watch how deep in his crease he was playing. Even to pitched up deliveries and full tosses. A confident batsman moves his feet. Rok doesn't.
4) He is always dead-batting. Counter that with Junaid yesterday. Until he got out, big Z played very safe, sensible cricket, with a straight bat and just angling it to get the easy singles. Raqibul shows an incapability to do so.
5) He actually played more risky shots than Junaid. Quite a few times he exposed his stumps to play some form of cut-shot. None came off.
6) His batting in the 1st ODI was also similar. We were trying to set a target and he was painfully slow
7) His body language shows lack of intent. You can be positive even when defending. Look at how SN was leaving the ball. He want to it, got in line and then defended crisply or left it alone.
8) Look at how he dealt with Ross. I don't care how sensibly you are playing - an international batsmen should be able to hit Taylor's full-tosses. At least for a single.

5) Raqibul

Baundule
October 11, 2010, 11:21 AM
I did not watch that part of Raqib batting; was enjoying the fluency of IK and SN and then had to leave for work. But looking at the scorecard, I can not appreciate Roq's work.

We needed less than 2 RPO does not mean that we have to stop scoring runs. When Roq joined the batting we needed only 40 runs with 8 wickets at hand. There was absolutely no need of going into shell. The basic mantra is, when you are on top, do not let the opposition comeback. He had to continue scoring normally, not being extra aggressive, not being extra defensive.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 11:21 AM

Gone are the days when people used to forget everything after a win, all we did was celebrate. Nowdays we criticise a individual who does not play according to fans rule even after a win.
Care to elaborate what were all those great things he did? I may have missed them.
By your logic Ashraful must be also beyond criticism. Afterall he won't hog strike and won matches for BD than Raqibul.

When you have people like Jahurul who can play positive innings in the middle order, i don't think Raqibul will be missed. If you collapse, the best he could do is to earn you a 'honorable defeat'.

BlindSupporterofBD
October 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
rokibul definitely should be in the bd team instead of ashraful/aftab/junyed when 250-260 is a defendable total. And in this series against the Black caps I think 250-260 is defendable total. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 11:25 AM
I did not watch that part of Raqib batting; was enjoying the fluency of IK and SN and then had to leave for work. But looking at the scorecard, I can not appreciate Roq's work.

We needed less than 2 RPO does not mean that we have to stop scoring runs. When Roq joined the batting we needed only 40 runs with 8 wickets at hand. There was absolutely no need of going into shell. The basic mantra is, when you are on top, do not let the opposition comeback. He had to continue scoring normally, not being extra aggressive, not being extra defensive.
Exactly, why can't he rotate the damn strike at least? And vettori was opening the field for Junaid and he wanted Raqibul to be on strike throughout. He set a test like field for Raqibul - pretty much sums it up.

roman
October 11, 2010, 11:26 AM
Rokibul scored 18 off 53 balls.He was really struggling to get runs when we were in such a comfortable position.He almost ran Zunaid out.He may be ok for tests but not suitable for ODI....

Baundule
October 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
IMO, Raqibul is unsure about his position in the team. During his last days, Ashraful used to look pathetic because of this problem. I want confident players, who can play for the team, not being overawed by his position.

Unfortunately by playing slow innings Roq can not turn the table in his favor. He should do it the hardest way. Be positive, be confident, be sensible and play it for your life. You may fail once, you may fail twice; but you will ultimately succeed.

An example is SN. Many people used to hate him for his ICL and not-moving feet problems. But today he has earned respect and won the hearts of even the ICL haters.

FagunerAgun
October 11, 2010, 11:30 AM
sakibrulz, thanks for opening this thread.

Last night's euphoria for winning a match in a dictating fashion was mostly offset because of Roqibul's poor and struggling batting when his team was in a very good and comfortable position.

How can we rely on him in a more difficult situation, he needs to be replaced, possibly by Nazimuddin.

BlindSupporterofBD
October 11, 2010, 11:45 AM
imrul kayes and rockibul brings the balance in the team. both of them have 30+ average and can play the anchor role. if we replace them with the player like nazimuddin then most of the time we won't be able to play full 50 overs and eventually will not be able to put a fighting total. This has happend to bd team frequently in the past during the nazimuddin/ash/aftab era. But then again I would acknowledge that in a batting paradise type of pitch, rockibul should be replaced by a better strike rate player.

zman
October 11, 2010, 11:49 AM
I used to be a fan of Raqibul but now I'm almost convinced Jaharul's emergence is slowly but surely rendering Raqibul unnecessary to the team. I understand the argument of having a level headed player in that position but Jaharul's also capable of playing the same role with a lot more confidence and style. What I disliked most about his innings was not the lack of aggression rather his lack of faith in his own abilities and inclination to taking unnecessary risks--seriously, he almost ran Junaed out, he almost ran himself out and like many others I also felt he was leaving way too many easy balls whereas he was at times trying to manufacture something out of more difficult deliveries via riskier shot options--which shows a complete lack of judgement.

I still think he could be in our test squad to irritate the hell out of our opponents.

BlindSupporterofBD
October 11, 2010, 11:54 AM

Last night's euphoria for winning a match in a dictating fashion was mostly offset because of Roqibul's poor and struggling batting when his team was in a very good and comfortable position.

How can we rely on him in a more difficult situation, he needs to be replaced, possibly by Nazimuddin.

Nazimuddin ODI average is only 12.85 and SR is 69.23. he never crossed a single 50 in odi.

magic boy
October 11, 2010, 12:03 PM
I think we should look for new blood instead of Raqib/Ashraful in ODI. a better one for this format of cricket.

Nadim
October 11, 2010, 12:03 PM
I feel sorry for Kayes.

When he play slow...amara ore galagali koira ki na kore feli...but Rok slow khella amar chup thaki:-/

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 12:09 PM

Not surrre about Nazimuddin, but todays batting was pretty negative, BD need to get rid of players who helps in just reducing the margin of loss. First step is to drop a test player from the ODI side. I'm all for his inclusion in test side.

I think we should look for new blood instead of Raqib/Ashraful in ODI. a better one for this format of cricket.
Jahurul Islam says hi

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 12:12 PM

Care to elaborate what were all those great things he did? I may have missed them.
By your logic Ashraful must be also beyond criticism. Afterall he won't hog strike and won matches for BD than Raqibul.

When you have people like Jahurul who can play positive innings in the middle order, i don't think Raqibul will be missed. If you collapse, the best he could do is to earn you a 'honorable defeat'.

I think you need to read my post again. I am not criticising you or any player. I was just saying in the past we as fan used to celebrate after a win and forget about few mistakes by certain individual on the way to a win but now after a win we pick on the weakness of one or two individual.

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
I think you need to read my post again. I am not criticising you or any player. I was just saying in the past we as fan used to celebrate after a win and forget about few mistakes by certain individual on the way to a win but now after a win we pick on the weakness of one or two individual.
That is a positive step for starters - not getting carrried away by the odd win and wanting more. Weed out the sluggish batsman like Rocky Bull who time traveled from the 80's and bring in young blood like Jahurul into the side. Shuvogoto hom is almost ready to make debut too. So no Rockybull unless he can atleast stop hogging strike and play positively.

chol_bd123
October 11, 2010, 12:38 PM
this beautiful man thought he was the sh*t and retired after scoring 30-something in a Twenty20 game that everyone else failed in. In reality, Rokibul sucks. There's no reason to have a Mushfik #2 in our team.

TO all you have ^^^^^
what makes a batsmen "technically sound? scoring 15 off 35 and then getting out? because everyone is calling Mushfikl and Rokibual tachnically sound.

chol_bd123
October 11, 2010, 12:41 PM

HELL NOOOOOO!!! I would much rather have Zahirul. He is a good batsmen

Dilscoop
October 11, 2010, 12:52 PM
Can we let Rahim bat @4 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. That's where his best scores came. With Shouvo coming in, Rahim can be pushed up.

Siddique
Rahim
Jahurul
Shakib
Riyad/Naeem/Shouvo
Shafiul

Dilscoop
October 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
Man come to think of it, we have an order issue where. Who to bat where. Specially at the opening and middle and lower middle. Only guy is free for now is Siddique at 3. lol

Tamim + Imrul-Nafees-Jahurul (idk why you guys are ignoring him!)
Rahim - Roqibul - Jahurul @ 4
Riyad - Jahurul - Naeem - Shouvo @ lower middle

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
1 thing for sure though is that even though I'm a big fan of Rokib he's got Jahurul right behind him and if he struggles then we can get Jahurul in..that for me is a great improvement on the team..we actually have the depth now and can confidently replace players..also now we have depth at the openers position..

Nocturnal
October 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
wait......don't drop him ..... he will retire again altogether!! we need him for test cricket! lol

Dilscoop
October 11, 2010, 01:40 PM
1 thing for sure though is that even though I'm a big fan of Rokib he's got Jahurul right behind him and if he struggles then we can get Jahurul in..that for me is a great improvement on the team..we actually have the depth now and can confidently replace players..also now we have depth at the openers position..

Like I said a post earlier, we now have competition for each position. And with Shouvo coming in, now there is competition even in lower middle order and being a part time bowler.

We have to keep them all in the squad together, so they can grow and keep working hard for a place in the team. None of that walking in because board thinks he can be good.

max410
October 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
i disagree he is doing a good job keeping his wicket not throwing it away easily thats what we need in middle order

Razi
October 11, 2010, 02:24 PM

1) Yes it is important to have a more compact, less aggressive player if your batting order is stroke-player heavy
2) Yes before his injury Raqibul was showing some promise on that front but not anymore
3) His feet are in cement. Watch how deep in his crease he was playing. Even to pitched up deliveries and full tosses. A confident batsman moves his feet. Rok doesn't.
4) He is always dead-batting. Counter that with Junaid yesterday. Until he got out, big Z played very safe, sensible cricket, with a straight bat and just angling it to get the easy singles. Raqibul shows an incapability to do so.
5) He actually played more risky shots than Junaid. Quite a few times he exposed his stumps to play some form of cut-shot. None came off.
6) His batting in the 1st ODI was also similar. We were trying to set a target and he was painfully slow
7) His body language shows lack of intent. You can be positive even when defending. Look at how SN was leaving the ball. He want to it, got in line and then defended crisply or left it alone.
8) Look at how he dealt with Ross. I don't care how sensibly you are playing - an international batsmen should be able to hit Taylor's full-tosses. At least for a single.

5) Raqibul

Couldn't agree more, Raqibul lovers need to realize that we are not in the early 2000s when we had no options whatsoever, this is a new decade and now we have equally good replacements if not better in some positions.

AsifTheManRahman
October 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Couldn't agree more, Raqibul lovers need to realize that we are not in the early 2000s when we had no options whatsoever, this is a new decade and now we have equally good replacements if not better in some positions.
Exactly. Batsman hoicho run korba, eto shorom pawoner ki ache? Eishob Shormilla diye kono kaaj hobe na, bring on the bad boys. This isn't ful tokka.

Equinox
October 11, 2010, 02:37 PM
I want us to play exciting cricket, positive cricket. Guys like Rokibul make that difficult to do. Both Imrul and Rokibul in the same XI is too much for me. I'd like to get rid of both as time goes on. But Rocky needs to go now as there is someone better sitting out.

Blah
October 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Why are so many people having menopause for Jahurul Islam? What exactly did he do to gain so much support for his inclusion high up in the order?

The only way I can see him in the team (based on his current performance) is if Musfiq loses his position in the team. I don't understand why would anyone see him as a replacement for raqib,junaeed or any top order batsmen for that matter.

If you really want to replace raqib/junaeed/mah-modon there are plenty other good options IMO.

reyme
October 11, 2010, 03:07 PM
Agree with RazabQ !
We dont need anyone to just play out the overs and block in an ODI, specially in the finish line!
Raqibul was definitely struggling and his approach did not go neither with the 3rd ODI nor in the 1st ODI condition. He lacked approach, intent and technique to find gaps even against part timers! Look how easily Shakib finished the game off, whereas Rakib could not even take signles against Ross! Now thats a pity.

cricket_pagol
October 11, 2010, 03:31 PM
I am going to go against common opinion here, I feel rock is someone with enormous potential... I just hope that he can figure out his game soon. His scoring rate is unacceptable for our ODI team... he needs to get better at scoring singles.

simon
October 11, 2010, 03:46 PM
I am going to go against common opinion here, I feel rock is someone with enormous potential... I just hope that he can figure out his game soon. His scoring rate is unacceptable for our ODI team... he needs to get better at scoring singles.

i'm with u.
Rock isn't so cheap.
He was painful to watch today but doesn't really matter,it's not like we needed bonus points.Atleast he didn't give away his wicket like Junaed.
ya he is slow,but he just came back from injury,played 2 ODIs,we should let him continue before thinking of dropping him.
I remeber during the Aussi tour he was considered as our most reliable btsmn.

ma_o_mati
October 11, 2010, 03:49 PM
i remember during the India test last year, Raqibul looked clueless against Zaheer and co....he looked like a fish put of the water....whenever he comes to the crease, his nervousness makes the opponents charged up...his nervousness ability gives the opposition to change the course of game in their favor...technically sound my a$$...look at the the way Zunaid played with ease yesterday and look how difficult Raqibul made the life for him...he is too slow and clueless and needs to be replaced with Jahurul asap....The way Jahurul batted in the England series was a gem to watch....bottomline...No to Rock..yes to Jahurul

Wakidul
October 11, 2010, 04:20 PM
totally agree with everything u said.
we have a nice set of players before world cup. lets not discard any one based on one or 2 match performances.

opener: tamim, kayes
middle order: junaed siddiqui
shahriar nafees
jahurul islam
rokibul
mahmudullah
shakib
naeem
mushfiq
suhrawadi shuvo

spinner: abdur razzaq
pacer: shafiul, rubel, mashrafe,nazmul

ps. outside of this zone, if something happens replacement/reserve should be from

1. shuvagoto hom
2. sabbir rahman
3. nazimuddin
4. anamul hauque

that means: ashraful's come back chance is fading up and definitely alok , aftab is out of any equation.

focus should be: finding atleast 4 ideal pacer, who can replace any injured pacer

U knw wat.. i actually believe dat bangladesh have a few gd pacers already. Dey jus need the right guidance and need to be taken away to a foreign country to practice in fast bowler friendly conditions eg england, australia, south africa etc.

My list for ideal world cup pace attack wuld be;

Mash! (inshallah he is fit and playin well b4 den)
Shafiul Islam
en even Nazrul Hossain.

These boys have control over their bowlin, en sumetimez even hav the ability to bowl in death overs. Inshallah im likin the shape this bdesh team now. Maturin day by day. I c dem as atleast contenders inshallah wiv becomin semi finalists for the first time.

RazabQ
October 11, 2010, 04:52 PM
Please refrain from excessive use of txt speak in forum postings. BC frowns upon usage of wuz, dat, and other forms of twitter-speak.

-- Mod

godzilla
October 11, 2010, 04:54 PM
To the people who keeps saying Nafees should be filling up the place of Roquibul well it's not going to happen. I think Z will get the cut since he is not getting any runs. Most likely Nafees will replacce him in 3 ....

Ashfaq
October 11, 2010, 05:03 PM
We have a short memory don't we? Check the stats, neither Z nor IK can be replaced. Our weak-linka are number 4 and 7, i.e. Before Shakib and After Rahim.

Rabz
October 11, 2010, 05:21 PM
Well, I havent seen him batting today but i read he used up a whole lot of balls for whatever he scored.
Nothing's wrong with it. He was probably having some good net practice in the middle and putting the Kiwis through a slow painful death.
No point winning the game in 30 overs. We were never after a run rate.
Infact, we still had a whole 10 full overs left after the winning shot by Sakib.

So, why all this grudge guys??
Must we find someone to bash every time, despite a splendid win by the team ?

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 05:29 PM
Well, I havent seen him batting today but i read he used up a whole lot of balls for whatever he scored.
Nothing's wrong with it. He was probably having some good net practice in the middle and putting the Kiwis through a slow painful death.
No point winning the game in 30 overs. We were never after a run rate.
Infact, we still had a whole 10 full overs left after the winning shot by Sakib.

So, why all this grudge guys??
Must we find someone to bash every time, despite a splendid win by the team ?

Some of our fellow BC-ites from other side of atlantic are p...d off because they lost valuable sleeping time while waiting for the winning run. :-D Hence they ganged up to bash Rock, unfortunately they dont know Rock is solid.

Roni_uk
October 11, 2010, 05:41 PM
Rokibul rocks. He wanted to give the Kiwis a slow death and he has done it.

Rabz
October 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Well, I'm not a big Rock fan since that whole fiasco with his sudden retirement, but I see no reason to have a go at him just because he delayed the inevitable by half an hour or so.

For that 7 odd overs humiliation they put us thru in their backyard couple of years back which finished in a flash, I'm more than happy to see them grilled in this hot humid weather and being roasted nice and slow for a painstaking losing cause.

If we were cyanided, they were harpicked.

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
This thread was way more of a hit then the SN appreciation thread..haha

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 05:56 PM
Well, I'm not a big Rock fan since that whole fiasco with his sudden retirement, but I see no reason to have a go at him just because he delayed the inevitable by half an hour or so.

For that 7 odd overs humiliation they put us thru in their backyard couple of years back which finished in a flash, I'm more than happy to see them grilled in this hot humid weather and being roasted nice and slow for a painstaking losing cause.

If we were cyanided, they were harpicked.

Exactly what is written in PA. Well almost.
[বাংলা]তবে সবচেয়ে আলোচিত ইনিংসের মর্যাদা এটি পাচ্ছে না। সেই স্বীকৃতি ৫৩ বলে অপরাজিত ১৮ রানের। খেলেছেন রকিবুল হাসান। ১৩৯ বলে চাই ৪০ রান—এই পরিস্থিতিতে রকিবুল আর জুনায়েদ কীভাবে ১০.২ ওভারে ২৫ রানের একটা জুটি গড়তে সক্ষম হলেন, সেটিই এই ম্যাচের সেরা বিস্ময়।
লাভ অবশ্য একটা হয়েছে। উল্টো ওষুধ দেওয়া গেছে নিউজিল্যান্ডকে। ২০০৭ সালের শেষ দিনে কুইন্সটাউন ওয়ানডের কথা মনে আছে? ওই যে ৬ ওভারেই বাংলাদেশের ৯৩ টপকে লাঞ্চের মধ্যেই খেলা শেষ করে দিয়েছিল নিউজিল্যান্ড। ২৮ বলে ৮০ রানের আসুরিক এক ইনিংস খেলে বাংলাদেশকে অধোবদন করে দেওয়ার নেতৃত্বে ছিলেন ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালাম। কাল ম্যাককালাম শূন্য এবং পরাজয় নিশ্চিত জেনেও রকিবুলের কল্যাণে অকারণে পুড়লেন রোদে। সেদিন যদি ফায়ারিং স্কোয়াডে বাংলাদেশের মৃত্যুদণ্ড কার্যকর হয়ে থাকে, কাল নিউজিল্যান্ডের মৃত্যু ‘স্লো পয়জনিং’য়ে!
প্রতিশোধ একইভাবে নিতে হবে, এমন তো কোনো কথা নেই! [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-12/news/100739

Murad
October 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
But the thing is he did the same in the first game when he was supposed to score quick!!

Dhruvo
October 11, 2010, 06:02 PM
Rakibul's batting is not suited for ODI's and T20s, we should only play him for test matches. I think Jahurul should take his place for ODI's and T20s. Jahurul needs more chances, I've gotta feeling that he can become one of the more consistent batsmen for this team.

Rabz
October 11, 2010, 06:08 PM
Oh !! Mo bhai, I had no idea me and Utpol Shuvro was thinking along the same line.
Just clicked the PA link after u pointed out.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 11, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think raqibul is ok...but i liked jahurul more

MohammedC
October 11, 2010, 06:21 PM
Oh !! Mo bhai, I had no idea me and Utpol Shuvro was thinking along the same line.
Just clicked the PA link after u pointed out.

"Great mind thinks alike".

Uthpal Shuvro is right. Look at the post count. After the match thread this the hottest thread today

FagunerAgun
October 11, 2010, 06:32 PM
Just to clarify here:

1. We are not against Rock, we are against Rock's poor and struggling batting last night.
2. The way he batted, it was not a batting practice with comfort, it was a batting with discomfort.
3. He was so nevrvous that some Kiwi fielders were around him in a hand shake distance.
4. I was watching him closely, he did not smile or laugh at least once during his batting spell time, his cheeks were tensed, a sign for nervousness instead of grit and determination.

I hope he will bounce back.

RazabQ
October 11, 2010, 07:16 PM
US had to have been writing that in a sarcastic vein. This isn't a Test match session where making them sweat out for a few more overs will benefit the next day. Rok is not mentally there now. No one's arguing the need for having a proper technician/grafter in the side. Like no one's railing on Bhimrul.

Purbasha T
October 11, 2010, 07:46 PM
He did smile once though.

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 08:02 PM
I hardly see Roqibul smiling when he's batting..I hardly see him talk when he's on the field..I think that's just his personality..even when he makes a mistake he hardly changes his expressions..

desirocker
October 11, 2010, 08:29 PM
Rakibul's batting is not suited for ODI's and T20s, we should only play him for test matches. I think Jahurul should take his place for ODI's and T20s. Jahurul needs more chances, I've gotta feeling that he can become one of the more consistent batsmen for this team.

consistent and hard hitting with much better strike rate

Dilscoop
October 11, 2010, 08:59 PM
He got SIddique run out twice. When there was easy singles there.

It's Jahurul time

Bond
October 11, 2010, 09:39 PM
I hardly see Roqibul smiling when he's batting..I hardly see him talk when he's on the field..I think that's just his personality..even when he makes a mistake he hardly changes his expressions..

He's an introverted person, he's a very shy and bhodro pola, what is it to you whether he smiles or talk, he got his job done yesterday. He needed some practice so he played out the bowlers and just had a look at them who he should target in the next match. Next match Rocky is going to score a 50+ with a better strike rate than Kayes.

Tiger444
October 11, 2010, 09:49 PM
He's an introverted person, he's a very shy and bhodro pola, what is it to you whether he smiles or talk, he got his job done yesterday. He needed some practice so he played out the bowlers and just had a look at them who he should target in the next match. Next match Rocky is going to score a 50+ with a better strike rate than Kayes.

Nah bro I don't care if rok smiles or talks..that's what I was tryin 2 point out..I think a lot of people misunderstand that he's nervous or has no confidence because he shows no emotion but rok as u say is a timid guy who doesn't really show emotion when batting..its just the way he is so people should not look so much in2 negative body langugage..and I'm confident he'll perform well next match as well..that's wat every1 wants to see..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

shakibrulz
October 11, 2010, 10:28 PM
I want us to play exciting cricket, positive cricket. Guys like Rokibul make that difficult to do. Both Imrul and Rokibul in the same XI is too much for me. I'd like to get rid of both as time goes on. But Rocky needs to go now as there is someone better sitting out.
This. But I disagree about Imrul though, he scores at a pretty decent rate and rotates the strike unlike Roqibul who almost ran siddique out for an easy single. The field vettori set for Raqibul says it all - how he allows opposition to dominate a match from nowhere.

Sauron
October 11, 2010, 11:35 PM
When Tamim comes back, the line up should look like -

1) Tamim
2) Imrul
3) Nafees
4) No Raqibul, i.e. Junaid, Shakib or whomever else.

Raqibul is not mature enough yet. I clearly see his potential, but his sole goal seems to be not getting out at the cost of damaging run rate severely. That is suited for test, not odi.

Also, the way he almost made Junaid get runout - was atrocious. I wanted to walk to the pitch and hit him on the helmet with his own bat.

RazabQ
October 11, 2010, 11:44 PM
Wow Rok's stuporific batting has even brought out Sauron from the woodworks. WB

iDumb
October 12, 2010, 12:02 AM
Rakibul does not suck. He can be a very good batsman but he needs to up his game in ODI. He simply can not be knocking around the way he was in 2nd odi. Imagine if we were batting first... with a score of 127/0 after 20 odd overs SHOULD take team total to at least 300. But the way Rakib bats, good start like that would go wasted and we will convert those start to 250s instead. Our team currently has good openers, we need good accumulators and good finishers now.

He needs to show he can rotate the strike and keep the score card ticking. We have plenty of batsman to stop "collapses" (which I haven't seen for ages), that come after him.

basically the point is - keep him or not- he simply can not play the way he has been playing. He needs to be more aggressive - if he can't succeed then a replacement must be sought.

Also Mahmuddullah's batting has been a concern for quiet some time as well....

Currently, Rakib, Mahmudullah or maybe Zunaid's spots are there to be taken by Nafees.

shakibrulz
October 12, 2010, 12:09 AM
I'd say give Mahmudullah a chance at #4 maybe? He's too slow for the lower order but can be decent at the top. Jahurul can bat at #6.

PoorFan
October 12, 2010, 12:19 AM
That clueless idiot on the pitch [lately] does not belongs to this level, whatever potential talent he has may worth playing local games at the moment. Few more idiots in making are Mahmudullah, Nayeem but dragging Imrul and Junaid among them is a crime. Wish he works hard and finds his way out, otherwise he a lost name in ODI team.

zman
October 12, 2010, 12:48 AM
for those who need a reminder about Jahurul's credentials--
the guy averages 36+ in 66 first class matches with 8 hundreds and 25 half centuries.
in the 6 ODIs he's played so far he averages a decent 31.2 with a healthy strike rate of 74 percent, which includes scores of 40 and 27 in the only two ODIs he's played against England on bouncy pitches in England.

to put things in perspective Raqibul had averaged 17 in 7 ODIs in his first season as international cricketer. his strike rate in ODIs is a terrible 62 percent to date. on the other hand Jahurul's looked good throughout his innings' while displaying pretty solid technique. so I see no reason why he should be discarded from the ODI team after playing only 6 matches when he's done better than some non performing jodu modhus in the squad.

Zeeshan
October 12, 2010, 01:10 AM
He did smile once though.

To clear any doubts of giving you mixed signals.....

Zeeshan
October 12, 2010, 01:13 AM
So where are we all getting treat from miraz bhai?

On topic: Agree with Razabda's points. He needs to earn his spot rather than be an automatic choice. He does have potential and I think is one of the best sweepers in our team. He just needs to work more on rotating the strike and showing mental intent. But yeah, getting the cut in International Cricket should not be a walkaway...

cricket_king
October 12, 2010, 01:47 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this thread. I was never a fan of him, never will be at this rate. He's hogging Jahurul's spot.

Shocky
October 12, 2010, 02:25 AM

i don't understand why you're trying to make top order full of left handers...i think junaid is the only option for sn...and imrul is a good partner always...we tried sn and tamim before...but chemistry was poor between them...n jahurul should b in at no.4 not sn.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shakibrulz
October 12, 2010, 03:49 AM
i don't understand why you're trying to make top order full of left handers...i think junaid is the only option for sn...and imrul is a good partner always...we tried sn and tamim before...but chemistry was poor between them...n jahurul should b in at no.4 not sn.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
It will be unfair to drop him if he performs decently in one more innings. :-|

Nadim
October 12, 2010, 04:02 AM
The only reason i think he is in the odi team is coz of taklu siddons. This guy licks him.

yaseer
October 12, 2010, 04:06 AM
He is doing OK at the moment. Lets see his approach when we may need quick runs.

BANFAN
October 12, 2010, 04:08 AM
The only reason i think he is in the odi team is coz of taklu siddons. This guy licks him.

Thread is about ROK Sucks, why do u have to talk about Licks...? A bit off topic... ;)

Well he definitely suchs in ODI/T20

CricFanBD
October 12, 2010, 04:34 AM
Rokibul sucks all the way. I was very happy when he announced retirement earlier. He is one of the very few players in BD team, when he comes for the batting; I do everything except watching his pathetic batting. It is really painful to watch him in the middle of wicket. If I did not come to this thread, I never knew that he had a lot of supporters. I read all their posts but still do not understand the concept behind Rokibul’s inclusion in the team; it is one of the unsolved mysteries which I will never solve for sure.

cricket_fanatic
October 12, 2010, 06:02 AM
I would not not worry too much about him delaying the inevitable win yesterday - it was not like there was anything to gain from having a higher net run rate. But what I did not like was the absolute lack of intent in his batting - I mean on a flat batting track how do you allow someone like Ross Taylor get away with full tosses? I would like to see how he bats in the next two matches; continuing with strike rates of 50.0 and 33.96 would not really impress anyone I am sure!

Ajfar
October 12, 2010, 07:32 AM
I like the kid but he has got to go for now. Jahirul might not have scored any 50 yet but he def looked much better. Nirala is not going anywhere he will be back but for right now he has to move over for jahirul
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
October 12, 2010, 10:06 AM
oh i just remebered something,the field placements when rok was on strike made me think it was a test match.vettori actually brought on silly point!!!how often do u see that in a ODI except when the opposition needs a single off the last ball to win?

Sohel
October 12, 2010, 02:01 PM

8) Look at how he dealt with Ross. I don't care how sensibly you are playing - an international batsmen should be able to hit Taylor's full-tosses. At least for a single...

Spot on conversation stopper (as usual) from my favorite BC scholar-guydol. Accurate, erudite, intellectually honest and thoroughly deserving of the sort of praiseology only the flyatollah Daniel Maurer is capable of extrapolating on the fly.

The list itself goes from perb, to perior to preme until you're forced to make a choice between the typical combination of heinous alga matobbori, egotistical whining, statistical geekfesting and effeminate unreason AND reasonable truth itself. Here's a quote for the ages: -

Rokibul's batting should be used as biological warfare. Show it to enemy combatants and they'll kill themselves!" - Razab Q on Rakibul Hasan's auto-genocidal batting, October 11th, 2010 against New Zealand

Batting is about playing a ball according to its merit within the context of a given match situation. Can't see how the inability to find the gap and rotate the strike with drugly footwork while blocking Ross Taylor's half-volleys and full-tosses constitutes "sensible and compact batting" in any format of the game. Test batting, because there's no filed restriction, is tougher. It's hardly about batting "slowly" to those who really know a bit about the game irrespective of their ability to simply convince the ignorant, and celebrate obvious mediocrity in the process. Get this clueless natok-raj, all guys like him and all coaches hellbent on cloning guys like him out of our International cricket forever!

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
Ok, I know some of you "Rock" fans are defending by saying, "he is not a Paki style batsman, he is not flamboyant" blah blah, w/e I get that. But 3rd ODI situation not an example of proper batsman, who takes his time in the middle and plays "proper" cricket. He was having trouble playing positively, he couldn't rotate the strikes, couldn't get simple singles, he almost got Junaid out twice, when there were easy singles. I don't know why he was so nervous. He went in there after a SOLID start by the openers. Only need 30+ runs to win the game.

What if it was 130+ needed? What would have happened? I'll tell you what would have happened. He would have sh*t his pants. We would have been screwed by his moronic display of batting. He would've take us down with him.

So we are not saying, he should play like Tamim. We are saying he should play positive.

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
RazzaQ and Sohel_NR finished it. Thread closed.

jahidus200
October 12, 2010, 02:32 PM
why the hell he is on the team man aftab would been so much better

Ajfar
October 12, 2010, 02:38 PM

My 4 year old brother batting with a hockey stick is better than Aftab.

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
Puran pagolay vaat paaina, notun pagoler amdani.

(and that's how it's done. Refereeing to 2nd ODI match thread, where someone used bangla probaad and it didn't even make sense)

Fazal
October 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
Now that we are trying to win a series (not one game here and one game there and then proclaim victory) and not happy with "shomman Jonok Porajoy" .....and now that our batting order is turning out to be more solid with Tamim, SN, Imrul and Shakib as the core with Jahirul still waiting for opportunity, I see no merit in including both Junaid and Rakibul as #3 and #4. They are pretty much killing any good opening foundation with painfully slow RR.

Their struggle looks so painful to watch. They don't look comfortable at-all. they forgot to rotate the batting and divert the pressure and give pathetic RR a relief. Junaid may be long term solution, but he is also struggling right now. And most of the time "Shomman jonok Porajoy preventor Rakibul" is painfully slow to watch, and with current stong BD lineup, he is hurting the team more than helping the team.
I am ok with slow poke Imrul , which may change with emergence of SN.

But three slow pokes one after another in slot #2, #3 and #4, will deprive us win more often than ensure us a win.

Good solid foundation will be neutralized by these three slow pokes, specially Rakibul at #4.

I say, Taklu Da... its time to bring Jahirul or some one new and let Rakibul and/or Junaid take a back seat for now, until they figure it out that tuk-tuk dot balls after dot balls cannot help the team, it hurt the team. No body ask you to hit 6s and 4s ball after ball, but taking 1s and 2s is not too much to ask in ODI. Unless they figure it out, they should not be in the team.

auntu
October 12, 2010, 04:50 PM
I think Jahurul is way better ODI batsman than Raqibul. But Raqibul is a must for test cricket.

His main problem is he can't rotate the strike. He plays too much with dead bat. He can play stroke but he needs to work on his singles more. As he has also problem with finding gap, which makes many of his good shots turn to nothing.

reyme
October 12, 2010, 08:05 PM

Oh My, Rokib mian bought even Jahidus out of the woods!

Bond
October 13, 2010, 12:33 AM
" Rakibul Hasan is the second most technically correct batsman in the world after Sachin" Don Bradman
"Rakibul is just a delight to watch, he reminds me of my young days" Sachin
"If there is something called class, watch Rakibul bat" Brian Lara
"The next person to hit Broady for six sixes is Rakib" Yuvraj

I rest my case, you heard it from the Legends. If you guys want to argue, go debate with them, their words not mine.

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 12:44 AM
" Rakibul Hasan is the second most technically correct batsman in the world after Sachin" Don Bradman

I rest my case, you heard it from the Legends. If you guys want to argue, go debate with them, their words not mine.
:lol:

BANFAN
October 13, 2010, 01:24 AM
Just to clarify here:

1. We are not against Rock, we are against Rock's poor and struggling batting last night.
2. The way he batted, it was not a batting practice with comfort, it was a batting with discomfort.
3. He was so nevrvous that some Kiwi fielders were around him in a hand shake distance.
4. I was watching him closely, he did not smile or laugh at least once during his batting spell time, his cheeks were tensed, a sign for nervousness instead of grit and determination.

I hope he will bounce back.

Playing in that manner that he played in last match, displays clear mental disorder. He needs the help of a psychiatrist, to fix up his mental disorder. The attidue when he retiered was like, everyone is busy conspiring against him. I think he hasn't yet got rid of that attitude. He looks very introvert and his on field attidute & actions are Schizophrenic.

_Rafi_
October 13, 2010, 01:51 AM
Psychologist couple need to work with Rokibul most. He has suicide tendency from cricket i.e. retirement!

CricFanBD
October 13, 2010, 04:01 AM
Psychologist couple need to work with Rokibul most. He has suicide tendency from cricket i.e. retirement!

Plz let him do that.

simon
October 13, 2010, 04:25 AM

:lol: nice ones.

Listen guys ,there was a time when Tamim used to face max number of dot balls,but look at him now.
So let's be patient and see how Rock copes when the situation demands quick runs from him.:saint:

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 04:36 AM
:lol: nice ones.

Listen guys ,there was a time when Tamim used to face max number of dot balls,but look at him now.
So let's be patient and see how Rock copes when the situation demands quick runs from him.:saint:
Only difference being tamim got better, Rocky bull still tries to run out his partners in a match that's been already won.

MohammedC
October 13, 2010, 05:21 AM
@ shakibrulz: Do you know in odi who is Shakib's best batting partner is

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 09:22 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Maybe Raqibul but that doesn't matter. The thing is now the team has improved a lot from what it used to be and still players like Rocky can have a negative impact on the team. If he continues in the team instead oh Jahurul, I can surely say the team will either stay where it is or it is going to get worse.

He can play tests and take a whole day for scoring 10 runs if he can manage to stay there, but ODIs are a different ball game.

Tiger444
October 13, 2010, 09:32 AM
Raqibul should try 2 replicate the innings he scored against England..that 76 was a perfect innings for a player like him..he was always looking to score whether it was a single or a boundary..that kind of innings would definitely help the team..

lamisa
October 13, 2010, 10:13 AM
rok can stay in the test team and jahurul can replace him in ODIs.simple as that...

mahdi_
October 13, 2010, 10:57 AM
রকিবুল্লা তুই পালা । :-P

Equinox
October 13, 2010, 01:59 PM
I have a hunch that he'll score a 50 tomorrow.

Nadim
October 13, 2010, 02:10 PM

with SR of <50?:smug:

Tiger444
October 13, 2010, 02:16 PM
with SR of <50?:smug:

hopefully not lol

magic boy
October 13, 2010, 03:01 PM

this is also funny as Raqib always afraid of Shakib. so having him at the other end Raqib cant but score. :p

riankhan
October 13, 2010, 03:14 PM
Raqibul Sucks Thread oepened at 11th Oct

Its been 3 days since he is sucking. We put almost 150 posts. He needs to work extra hard to get rid of those FAT....:lol:

MohammedC
October 13, 2010, 03:25 PM
Raqibul Sucks Thread oepened at 11th Oct

Its been 3 days since he is sucking. We put almost 150 posts. He needs to work extra hard to get rid of those FAT....:lol:

He has been. Only Rock and Mushy went for a training onTuesday the 12th

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/5078787733_79d9cdaca2.jpg

FagunerAgun
October 13, 2010, 08:30 PM
রকিবুল্লা তুই পালা । :-P

:lol::lol::lol: Khek Khek Khek

WarWolf
October 13, 2010, 10:41 PM
Technically sound batsman gone!!! What a mess, didn't understand the line completely.

FagunerAgun
October 13, 2010, 10:43 PM
Raqibul sucks.
So does the dumb chief selector for ODIs.
The foolish way this idiot got out today, a shame for our selectors.
His feet were cemented on the ground.

zman
October 13, 2010, 11:13 PM
Look on the bright side...at least this time around he scored at a much faster pace doubling his strike rate from 33.96 to 66.66

WarWolf
October 14, 2010, 01:48 AM
Rakiqul needs to be dropped for the final match.

Riyad needs a break.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 01:51 AM
Rakiqul needs to be dropped for the final match.

Riyad needs a break.
Riyad is a selfish joker.

Raqibul :doh:

Habib
October 14, 2010, 01:57 AM

Your hunch sucks.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BANFAN
October 14, 2010, 04:43 AM

And that tomorrow never comes ... :)

BANFAN
October 14, 2010, 04:44 AM
Deleted

WarWolf
October 14, 2010, 08:52 AM
I want to see Jahurul in the last match.

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:25 AM
well done rakibul. you failed to stabilize the innings when ur fans expected u to do so today.

and thats why it was possible for shakib to show that stabilizing and recovering can be done in other methods not only in raqibuls methods.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

AsifTheManRahman
October 14, 2010, 09:34 AM
This is me watching Raqibul bat:

:head:

We can't win the world cup with jokers like him.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 09:35 AM
We can't win the world cup with jokers like him.
What the :floor: (I know u r being sarcastic but still :lol: )

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 11:13 AM
this guy needs to go back to primary school and participate in the 200m race!

Nadim
October 14, 2010, 11:19 AM
Drop this SUCKER!!!!

Fazal
October 14, 2010, 04:17 PM
Raqibul Sucks ....

yes he really do in ODI.

Nadim
October 14, 2010, 04:19 PM
guess who is back??

our pran prio Fazal mamu:D

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 11:15 PM
well done again .. ... ... 6 of 22, SR 27.27

also he looked totally out of sorts agaisnt spinners, pacers and running between the wicket.

Sohel
October 16, 2010, 11:21 PM
The PhDouche are always right: being a part of the "winning combination", he must stay in the team as long as we keep winning.

_Rafi_
October 16, 2010, 11:29 PM
Oh boy I miss Ashraful!

shakibrulz
October 16, 2010, 11:31 PM
Ashraful>>Rokibul

_Rafi_
October 17, 2010, 12:01 AM
Yes, Ashraful is the better and stylish Dhut-Bhat!

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, Ashraful is the better and stylish Dhut-Bhat!
Either play or get out, Ash can get a few runs in the PP atleast

Nasif
October 17, 2010, 12:33 AM
Rok is even more painful to watch than Javed Omar. Rok sucks against gen. pace; had no clue for Hamish. Looked awful. Doesn't deserve place in11

desirocker
October 17, 2010, 12:52 AM
no doubt. ash is better than rokibul

Habib
October 17, 2010, 01:08 AM
It was pathetic to see Roqibul batting like that.

Nasif
October 17, 2010, 01:25 AM
171/9 43

Spitfire_x86
October 17, 2010, 01:29 AM
Rok is even more painful to watch than Javed Omar. Rok sucks against gen. pace; had no clue for banish. Looked awful. Doesn't deserve place in11
This veteran JO basher agrees :sick:

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 01:39 AM
Rock is pathetic because our dumb selectors are pathetic.

Bond
October 17, 2010, 01:43 AM
Either play or get out, Ash can get a few runs in the PP atleast

Ashraful always score 30+ runs from 15 balls every power play unlike these retards

One World
October 17, 2010, 01:45 AM
Signed.

yaseer
October 17, 2010, 01:48 AM
Rokibul looked really ugly in the crease today. He is better than this but at the moment far away from the standard he needs to be. He needs to get his form back.

Yes, Ashraful cannot do worse than this. We need him here. Jahurul is not good against spin bowling. He struggled even in English condition against spin. For a big stage like WC, I think we must have Ashraful in the side.

Habib
October 17, 2010, 01:53 AM
Rokibul looked really ugly in the crease today. He is better than this but at the moment far away from the standard he needs to be. He needs to get his form back.

Yes, Ashraful cannot do worse than this. We need him here. Jahurul is not good against spin bowling. He struggled even in English condition against spin. For a big stage like WC, I think we must have Ashraful in the side.

English condition is more favorable to spin than BD condition TBH.

hoax
October 17, 2010, 01:57 AM
I started following bangla cricket forum since this year..but never thought about joining..but this thread(specially rokibul) made me join and say something!..i'll just agree with sakibrulzs and say ROOKKIBBUULLL SUUUCCKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!:mad:

Habib
October 17, 2010, 02:05 AM
Welcome hoax! Enjoy your stay here.

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 03:16 AM
Mr. Stabilizer is doing his work in a great manner. How many times he gave the team some kind of stabilization which the team could capitalize?

I hope I don't have to say more.

Eshen
October 17, 2010, 06:27 AM
It was a great injustice to Jahurul that he did not get a chance in the NZ series!

Sohel
October 17, 2010, 06:31 AM
ANYbul >>> Rokibul

PoorFan
October 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
This kid got totally lost, he does not belongs to this level atm. He should go back to local game for few season to regain whatever he has to offer. Feel sorry for him but he has to go.

zainab
October 17, 2010, 07:24 AM
Yes, Rock has to go back to domestic cricket like Ash, he should not be in the squad for the Zim series and WC, He is still young and has a lot of cricket before him. When Tamim returns, the Nafees has to go.

Nasif
October 17, 2010, 07:24 AM
ANYbul >>> Rokibul

lmao
Post of Day (POD)!

Ashfaq
October 17, 2010, 07:41 AM
Where are the mythbusters from Miraz vai that destroyed JO and KM? We really need to asses Rokibuls utility in the team in a statistical manner. Why do people keep calling him a stabilizer or collapse retarder? If anything he's the deadwood now, even worse than Junaid who had a rotten series.

zman
October 17, 2010, 07:48 AM
yeah Raqi-bul is in pretty bad shape. atm can't think of anything else that could him grow a pair fast other than Red-bull? maybe?

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
I will not even defend rock. I hope he goes back to net and sorts his problem out as a batsman . Like poorfan Bhai said he is still young and has lot to offer.

irteja
October 17, 2010, 07:58 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>BN-BD</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:14.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Vrinda; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Just hard the news....Those Cricket Fan in Jamalpur did rally, march and গন মিছিল for Rokibul so that he come back from his retirement, got injured while banging their head in a brick wall.

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 08:09 AM
^^^ irteza I am rock fan but I am not banging my head. We should give that position to jahurul.

czone
October 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
As long as JS is the coach, which probably will be for a long time, Roqibul will be in the BD starting lineup.

Morpheous
October 17, 2010, 08:20 AM
Now a days lot of player can compete on Raqibul and ZS es Place. My fav player to replace Raqibul is Zahrul Islam omi. I really like that Kid and not sure why he was not given chance. WithTamim/SN/Ashraful (If he ever comes back) it will be a good healty fight for a spot in the team.

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah raqibul needs to go. That was a woeful batting performance throughout the series. Jahurul, Junaid and Shahriar fighting for #3 and #4 spots. Maybe Nazimuddin has an outside chance as well. Please don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

Tiger444
October 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
Roqibul was just awful today..he's so out of touch and couldn't even time any shots..Jahurul should start ahead of Roqibul next series and if he does well again then he should be our #4 for the WC..

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
To be fair to Raqibul, he tried his best to take the 3rd ODI into a last over thriller. But Shakib ruined it for him.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 08:48 AM
Why are people bashing siddons for Raqibul's inclusion?

He scored a decent 80 odd runs in English conditions, so he deserved a full series.

BANFAN
October 17, 2010, 08:53 AM
Ya, we can save him for different conditions

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 09:03 AM

He scored a decent 80 odd runs in English conditions, so he deserved a full series.

Because every one knows it's Siddons who rates Rock highly. It's Rock who is letting his coach and well wisher like me down.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
Because every one knows it's Siddons who rates Rock highly. It's Rock who is letting his coach and well wisher like me down.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
He rates him or not, cant blame the coach for playing him throughout, that's the way ti works.

He should get dropped for the upcoming series though.

Tiger444
October 17, 2010, 09:08 AM

That's why Rock got this series..and that was a solid innings in English conditions..he was always scoring with a really high SR but played sensible shots and never really looked like he was gonna get out..but the Rock this series didn't look like that Rock at all..

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 09:11 AM
I hope Loitta cross out his(ROK) name from Zim Series just like he did against ENGLAND.

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 09:21 AM
I hope Loitta cross out his(ROK) name from Zim Series just like he did against ENGLAND.

Do I want Loitta to repeat everything he did last winter? Don't forget shakib incident.

roman
October 17, 2010, 09:23 AM
if our selectors have some brain they will drop him and bring in shuvagoto and Johurul..

lamisa
October 17, 2010, 10:37 AM
man,when he was leaving the ground after he got out,the whole crowd went like bhua bhua and was caught in a moment of confusion since shakib was coming out of the dressing room at the same time and then they just decided that rokibul was a worthless pile of rat dropping(atleast for today) and started cheering for shakib!!!!it was sort of sad though...

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 10:57 AM
This 'sucker's' thread is goingk, goingk and goingk.:-D

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 11:44 AM
That's why Rock got this series..and that was a solid innings in English conditions..he was always scoring with a really high SR but played sensible shots and never really looked like he was gonna get out..but the Rock this series didn't look like that Rock at all..
A full series for a single 80 even if it's in the English conditions!!! Someone please tell me we didn't have any other contender (some one like Jahurul ) waiting in the queue.

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
man,when he was leaving the ground after he got out,the whole crowd went like bhua bhua and was caught in a moment of confusion since shakib was coming out of the dressing room at the same time and then they just decided that rokibul was a worthless pile of rat dropping(atleast for today) and started cheering for shakib!!!!it was sort of sad though...
Spot on. The whole stadium did it shows how people rates this guy.

I don't have anything against this guy. I am one of the persons who were extremely happy when he got chance in the national team. He is the only 300+ scorer in an innings in our team in first class.

His attitude got it all wrong. Inability to score big for the national team, problems with SR, the retirement drama etc tell clearly that he is not in a proper state of mind to play the game. Yet he is forced to play. That's why I am in bet because the management will take him in a position by contentiously playing that he will have no confidence left at all.

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 12:25 PM
And I hope you win the bet, my sig will remain the same unless I get banned because of having that signature. I also hope raqibul continues to play on gets his act together.

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 12:34 PM
Deleted.

Haru-party
October 17, 2010, 12:36 PM
give him a break....every1 go through bad patch....how many bd batsmen have 30+ avg in intl. cricket???

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 12:38 PM
give him a break....every1 go through bad patch....how many bd batsmen have 30+ avg in intl. cricket???
Ha ha.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 12:45 PM
How many modern day batsmen have a s/r of 60?

Fahim
October 17, 2010, 12:49 PM

i dont think its just a bad patch. his mentality and intent is full of shite. when watching a batsman of your country becomes pure torture, then you know there are some serious issues with the guy.

but overall, the biggest blame goes to the selectors. why do they keep selecting him? they should drop him and hope that he regains form in order to bring him back. just because its a 'winning combination team' doesnt mean he should get a free pass coz quite frankly, this guy done absolute jack all in this series.

the management are the pure arwa dogas.

auntu
October 17, 2010, 01:07 PM
Probably we have seen his last ODI for this year. (I'm hoping)

Let Jahurul take his spot.

hoax
October 17, 2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah raqibul needs to go. That was a woeful batting performance throughout the series. Jahurul, Junaid and Shahriar fighting for #3 and #4 spots. Maybe Nazimuddin has an outside chance as well. Please don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

i agree

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 10:16 PM
Jahurul will replace Roqibul not only in the batting order, but where ever he fields. And that would be 2nd slips and covers/point. As a keeper he will be good at slips, and he already showed his fielding skills in ENG

Alchemist
October 17, 2010, 10:21 PM
Raqibul has a loser mentality.....just like his favourite coach Siddons. A change of mindset may do wonder for him.

zainab
October 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
The selectors are probably mulling the fact that Rock will retire once again if he is dropped from the squad.
So many times Ash has been dropped, I am sure his pride must have been badly hurt, but he has not made any noise and still plays domestic cricket, hoping that one day, he will make it back into the squad, and this lad has made match winning performances for BD against G8 teams, what has Rock done? He is just an immature kid. If he blackmails BCB again, they should tell him to go fly a kite.

Jadukor
October 18, 2010, 06:53 AM
If Raquibul retires again then it will be good for the tigers... this guy kills all the momentum in the middle of the innings... just because NZ batters sucked doesn't mean other stronger teams will... and I won't be surprised if we have to chase totals in excess of 250 during the worldcup... or maybe even during the zimbabwe series

so to do that we need a middle order players who can maintain a 70-80% strike and unfortunately Raquibul is not that kind of material... He should be picked for tests and free up the ODI place to someone like Kapali, Nazimuddin or Johurul Islam...

rezwansyed
October 18, 2010, 08:54 AM
Nope, Ash is needed to be taken instead of this guy.

roman
October 18, 2010, 12:08 PM
If Rokib retires again I'll be like this..:floor::floor::floor::floor:
Have Johurul take his place. But I think Our Beloved Tiger Uncle will bring Ash back:hairpull:

shakibrulz
October 18, 2010, 12:13 PM
Nope, Ash is needed to be taken instead of this guy.

As someone said, ANYbul>Rokibul :lol: but Ash, no way as Jahurul is still waiting for his chance. Was impressed by how well he rotated the strike and found the gaps unlike rockybull.

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 12:15 PM
If Rokib retires again I'll be like this..:floor::floor::floor::floor:
Have Johurul take his place. But I think Our Beloved Tiger Uncle will bring Ash back:hairpull:

Ash from todays BCB party

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/5094110082_008bd49376.jpg

Habib
October 18, 2010, 12:38 PM
^Siddons: Issh. Chheleta na kheye kheye koto shukiye gechhe. Darao tomake dole niye pet vore khawabo.

roman
October 18, 2010, 12:45 PM
^^Ta shune Ash ki mishty ekta hashi dise hahaha

wiseshah
October 18, 2010, 01:30 PM
i don t want to drop rokibul from total squad but i would like to see him replaced by juhurul in the main XI. in form player should replace off form player. period

i am thinking this will be the squad against zimbabwe

tamim (hopefully he will be fit)
kayes (he is consistent and best supporting player)
junaed (one bad series--but he can come back any time soon)/shahriar nafees
jahurul/ rokibul
shakib
mushfiq +
mahmudullah
naeem/shuvo (i prefer naeem--his batting is plus)
razzaq
shafiul (mashrafe)
rubel

few players i want to try in this series: nazimuddin, shuvagoto HOm, anamul hauque, sabbir rahman, shaker chowdhury

though i am always against mushfiq's inclusion in ODI and 20/20 but i think he played well against NZ (both keeping and batting). i think anamul hauque will replace him some times soon

roman
October 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-19/news/102489

Nice interview of Johurul who I think should replace Rokib

Jadukor
October 19, 2010, 02:19 AM
I dont really get this not breaking the winning combination thing... How much of a positive impact did persisting with Junaid or Raquibul have on the outcome of the series?... This being the second last series before WC i think we could have tried a few players in the final game having already secured the series. Even if we forget the dismal batting Raquib & Junaid... the catch dropping of both Vettory and Macullum was inexcusable... had kyle mills struck another four...it would have been those two and ofcourse the retarded TV umpire under the hammer... and now we are more likely to see them in the starting 11 against zimbabwe...

FagunerAgun
October 19, 2010, 05:49 AM
BCB psychiatrist sucks as well.

zainab
October 19, 2010, 05:49 AM
It was nice to see that Ash got invited to the party, I know that the BCB still loves him.

WarWolf
October 19, 2010, 09:35 AM
Posted in another thread also in reply of a post of Rifat.

He is over hyped for his single 300+ score in NCL. People don't notice one thing. In 35 matches in first class he has crossed 100 mark only 2 times. His number of 50+ innings is also small, 10 out of 63 first class innings. So we cannot say that he has a tendency of playing longer inning.

Low strike rate and inability to score doesn't make some one a batsman with good techniques. You can check his stats. I don't see any sign of consistency there.

Batting and fielding averages <table class="engineTable"> <thead> <tr class="head"> <th title="class name" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">
</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="innings batted" nowrap="nowrap">Inns</th> <th title="not outs" nowrap="nowrap">NO</th> <th title="runs scored" nowrap="nowrap">Runs</th> <th title="highest inns score" class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="batting average" nowrap="nowrap">Ave</th> <th title="balls faced" nowrap="nowrap">BF</th> <th title="batting strike rate" nowrap="nowrap">SR</th> <th title="hundreds scored" nowrap="nowrap">100</th> <th title="fifties scored" nowrap="nowrap">50</th> <th title="boundary fours" nowrap="nowrap">4s</th> <th title="boundary sixes" nowrap="nowrap">6s</th> <th title="catches taken" nowrap="nowrap">Ct</th> <th title="stumpings made" nowrap="nowrap">St</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tests</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">268</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">65</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">19.14</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">634</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">42.27</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">34</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">ODIs</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">46</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">45</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1154</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">89</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29.58</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1884</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">61.25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">7</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">93</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">T20Is</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">51</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">18</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10.20</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">62</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">82.25</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">First-class</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">35</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">63</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1932</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">313*</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">31.67</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">26</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">List A</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">78</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">77</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2268</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">133</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">33.85</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">15</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">22</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Twenty20</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">10</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">148</td> <td class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">43</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14.80</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">144</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">102.77</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">12</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">0</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
The stats no way talks in his favor at present as a good batsman. I wish him all the best so that he improves from current mediocre condition.

Fazal
October 19, 2010, 12:11 PM
Last two times the way he got out does not give us any indication that he is better suited for Test. Looks like with his current form, he is not suited for any form of cricket right now.

Just because we are asking removal of Rakibul from the current team doesn't mean that should open up for another proven dead wood, i.e. MM.
If Rakibul goes, there are other options that need to be tried before trying back to square zero i.e. already proven failed option.

Just for the record: a) Jahirul is still waiting for his next chance, when Tamim comes back, there need to be a place for SN (based on his recent performance), c) Hom or Nazimuddin can be tried, d) Even Off-form Naim would provide better service than what Rakibul provided this series.

So no to Rakibul and double Noo to the suggetion to bring back Moga M.

mahbubH
October 19, 2010, 07:47 PM
Rock did not bat well against NZ but how come people forgot his classy 76 against England few weeks back. He is a very good batsman compared to other BD players. He is quite different than other BD batsmen as he plays more in V than others. He may be bit slow than others but the team, which cannot survive 50 over most of the times, should be happy to have him in the team.

Rock is the best fielder of the team. In the last match against NZ he saved about 10 runs.

cricket_king
October 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
Rock did not bat well against NZ but how come people forgot his classy 76 against England few weeks back. He is a very good batsman compared to other BD players. He is quite different than other BD batsmen as he plays more in V than others. He may be bit slow than others but the team, which cannot survive 50 over most of the times, should be happy to have him in the team.

Rock is the best fielder of the team. In the last match against NZ he saved about 10 runs.

10 shaky runs off 50 balls doesn't help the team in any situation, no matter how much you play "in the V", nor does saving 10-odd runs in the field justify your inclusion in the team. Even Jonty Rhodes had an average in the mid-thirties.

mahbubH
October 20, 2010, 01:46 AM
Cannot compare with Jonty here. Batsmen of Jonty's team had average over 40, where as our best's average below the average of Jonty.

crickwizard
October 20, 2010, 01:51 AM
hoise bhaira, ar eto boli-en na. He just had a terrible series. Until NZ series no one thought he could bat in such bizarre way in all 4 games. Johurul is still new in intl cricket, lets not take it granted that he is an automatic choice

lamisa
October 20, 2010, 02:24 AM
^^^he happened to perform!!

BANFAN
October 20, 2010, 02:52 AM
I dont really get this not breaking the winning combination thing... How much of a positive impact did persisting with Junaid or Raquibul have on the outcome of the series?... This being the second last series before WC i think we could have tried a few players in the final game having already secured the series. Even if we forget the dismal batting Raquib & Junaid... the catch dropping of both Vettory and Macullum was inexcusable... had kyle mills struck another four...it would have been those two and ofcourse the retarded TV umpire under the hammer... and now we are more likely to see them in the starting 11 against zimbabwe...

I agree. if the guys are all performing then it's understandable. But when they neither score in 3/4 matches and miss catches; there is no reason for winning combination. After winning the series, they should have tried some new guys in place of Junaid & ROK .. the guys were already sitting in the bench and very much a part of winning combination.

Tiger444
October 20, 2010, 07:53 AM
Rock showed in the NZ series that he's completely out of form..he couldn't hit any ball cleanly and the last ODI showed that..he tried a lot of shots but was either beaten or came off the bat awkwardly..he's a good batsman no doubt and he's shown that in some of his innings he's played but right now he's not good..this NCL is coming up so this will be a test of how badly he's out of form..I believe Nazim should be given a shot if he performs in this NCL..he did much better than Rock in the last A team series and we should get another look at him and see what he has to offer..

M.H.Rubel
October 20, 2010, 08:21 AM
Rock showed in the NZ series that he's completely out of form..he couldn't hit any ball cleanly and the last ODI showed that..he tried a lot of shots but was either beaten or came off the bat awkwardly..he's a good batsman no doubt and he's shown that in some of his innings he's played but right now he's not good..this NCL is coming up so this will be a test of how badly he's out of form..I believe Nazim should be given a shot if he performs in this NCL..he did much better than Rock in the last A team series and we should get another look at him and see what he has to offer..

Tiger i know you have great fascination about Rock.When Bangladesh toured WI that time Rock was very popular in this forum at that time and there after i mentioned that rock is never ever a clean.As long as i have seen him in lot of matches i noticed that he has problem with timing,he fails to play by mid blade.Same goes with Junaid though he has improved after being discarded from the national team.Anyway if you r a batsman you ll have to play the ball by midblade no matter who you are and whats your technique.So i have doubt about future of Rock unless he improves his timing.

Tiger444
October 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
Tiger i know you have great fascination about Rock.When Bangladesh toured WI that time Rock was very popular in this forum at that time and there after i mentioned that rock is never ever a clean.As long as i have seen him in lot of matches i noticed that he has problem with timing,he fails to play by mid blade.Same goes with Junaid though he has improved after being discarded from the national team.Anyway if you r a batsman you ll have to play the ball by midblade no matter who you are and whats your technique.So i have doubt about future of Rock unless he improves his timing.

I've always liked rock because of his ability to stabilize once bd collapses..but your spot on about his timing..the real problem with him as stated by others is his inability to sight the ball early enough to play a shot..he rarely throws his wicket away which is good but he gets outplayed when he loses his wicket which is the reason why you see him getting bowled and hv lbws so much which is not good..he needs to improve his technique big time because he gets out even when defending a lot of times..that's why you see him getting a lot more exposed in tests because once thw bowlers really attack him then he gets out sooner or later..I hope for the best for him because I am a fan of him but he does have a ways to go before he becomes a good solid batsman in international cricket..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

roman
October 20, 2010, 02:43 PM
According to Inqilab, Dhaka has released Rokibul from the team due to his poor performance against NZ.
This guy is not even qualified to play Domestic cricket. Thats sad....
http://www.dailyinqilab.com/

Nadim
October 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
hahha...poor rakibul

MohammedC
October 20, 2010, 03:54 PM
According to Inqilab, Dhaka has released Rokibul from the team due to his poor performance against NZ.
This guy is not even qualified to play Domestic cricket. Thats sad....
http://www.dailyinqilab.com/

This news is very sad. I fully agree on dropping Rakibul from national squad but dropping him from his domestic side is not acceptable. He should have been given chance to find some form with his bat.

What next ?

Zunaed and Naeem getting dropped by Rajshahi, Mushi getting dropped by Sylhet for slow batting...

BCB should act soon.

Nadim
October 20, 2010, 04:10 PM
i agree with this decision coz he doesnt belong to dhaka team...there are many batsman(shuvo,ash,shuvogoto,ayub,mehrab jr and more) in the current dhaka side who r better than rok in my opinion thus rok might not get enough chances to play all the matches so i think it would be good for him if he can go back to his old team barishal where he will be the key man for them and will play each and every game even he fails to score runs.

AsifTheManRahman
October 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
BCB should act soon.
And drop Raqibul.

MohammedC
October 20, 2010, 04:50 PM
And drop Raqibul.

They should. From national side.

MohammedC
October 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
[বাংলা]
চার টপ অর্ডারের লড়াই শুরু

০০ স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার

নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজে দুশ্চিন্তার নাম ছিল ব্যাটিং, ব্যাটসম্যানদের দায়িত্বহীন ব্যাটিংয়ের কারণে সফরকারীদের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশের স্কোর কোন ম্যাচেই বোলার-ফিল্ডারদের সম্মিলিত পারফর্মেন্সে প্রতিপক্ষকে হোয়াইটওয়াশ করে অনন্য রেকর্ড গড়ে টাইগাররা। কিন্তু জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজ এবং বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেটকে সামনে রেখে দুর্বল ব্যাটিং লাইন ঘষামাজা করার নতুন পরিকল্পনা নিয়েছেন কোচ সিডন্স। যদিও আগের তুলনায় দলের ভিতরে প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বীর তালিকা বেড়েছে। প্রতিযোগিতা বেড়েছে, শুধু তাই নয়, নিজের পারফর্ম নিয়ে ব্যাটসম্যানরাও লড়াই করছেন।

তবে নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজের পর বাংলাদেশ দলের সবচেয়ে বেশি লড়াই হবে টপ অর্ডার লাইনে। বিশেষ করে চার ওপেনার জহিরুল ইসলাম অমি, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, ইমরুল কায়েস ও জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকিকে লড়াই করে দলে টিকে থাকতে হবে। গেল সিরিজে হাতের ইনজুরির কারণে দলের বাইরে ছিলেন তামিম ইকবাল। তার পরিবর্তে চারটি ওয়ানডে খেলেছেন নাফীস। অন্যদিকে জহিরুল ইসলামকে দলের বাইরে রেখে অফ-ফর্মে থাকা জুনায়েদকেই নিয়মিত করেছেন নির্বাচকরা। উইনিং কম্বিনেশন ভাঙ্গা হবে না বলে জুনায়েদকে ওয়ান ডাউনে খেলালেও প্রকৃতপক্ষে তিনি ছিলেন ফ্লপ। ৪ ম্যাচে তার রান মাত্র ৭১ (গড় ১৭.৭৫)। অন্য দুই ওপেনার কায়েস ৪ ম্যাচে একটি ফিফটিসহ রান করেছেন ১৩৭ (গড় ৩৪.২৫)। ওপেনিংয়ে নামা নাফীসের রান একটি ফিফটিসহ ১১৯, (গড় ২৯.৭০)।

বেলফাস্টে আয়ারল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে জুনায়েদের সেঞ্চুরির পর গত ছয়টি ওয়ানডে ম্যাচে ত্রিশের উপর রান নেই তার। অন্যদিকে জাতীয় দলে ফিরে আসার লড়াইয়ে নাফীস নিজেকে সঁপে দিলেও তিনি এই সিরিজে খুব বেশি জাহির পারেননি নিজেকে। 'জাতীয় দলে নিজের জায়গাটি পাকা করার জন্য আমি আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা করে যাচ্ছে। সামনে জাতীয় লীগ, সেখানে পারফর্ম করে অমি জাতীয় দলে নিয়মিত হতে চাই'। নাফীস তার নিজের ব্যাপারে একশ' ভাগ আত্মবিশ্বাসী, তার মতই বিশাল আত্মবিশ্বাস নিয়ে জাতীয় দলে নিয়মিত হবার অপেক্ষায় জহিরুল ইসলাম অমি।

জাতীয় লীগে রাজশাহীর হয়ে আগামী শনিবার বগুড়ায় খুলনার বিপক্ষে মাঠে নামবেন তিনি। তবে নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজে চারটি ম্যাচেই তাকে সাইড বেঞ্চে বসে থাকতে হয়েছে বলে একটু খারাপও লেগেছে তার। 'হ্যা স্কোয়াডে ছিলাম না বলে একটু তো খারাপ লেগেছে তবে দল জিতেছে এটাই বড় আনন্দের। কথাগুলো তিনি যেন বেশ কষ্ট করে বললেন, তার কাঁপা কণ্ঠেও সেটি পরিষ্কার ছিল। 'অমি আসলে দলে ঢোকার জন্য মুখিয়ে আছেন। জাতীয় লীগের পাঁচটি ম্যাচ রয়েছে, সেখানে ভাল খেলে দলে ফিরতে চান ৬টি ওয়ানডে খেলা এই ব্যাটসম্যান।

'সামনে জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজ, আমি আশাবাদী সেরা একাদশে ঢুকতে পারবো। সবাই চায় রান করে দলে ফিরতে, তাদের মত আমিও চাচ্ছি জাতীয় দলে যেন নিয়মিত হতে'। অমির ছয়টি ওয়ানডে ম্যাচের গড় হচ্ছে ৩১.২০, অন্যদের তুলনায় খুব বেশি খারাপ নয় তবে অফ-ফর্মে থাকা জুনায়েদের তুলনায় নিজেকে ভালো বলে মনে করেন নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক আরেকজন । তিনি বলেন, দলের ভিতরে যেভাবে প্রতিযোগিতা বেড়েছে সেখানে অফ-ফর্মে থাকা খেলোয়াড়দেরই বেশি সমস্যা হবে। জুনায়েদের মত ওতটা অফ-ফর্মে না থাকলেও কায়েসও আহামরি স্কোর করছেন না। ওপেনিং জুটির সংখ্যা যেহেতু বাড়ছে তাই কায়েসের বর্তমান গড় (৩১.০৭) আরো বাড়ানোর প্রয়োজন। কারণ ইতিমধ্যে নাফীস, কায়েস ও জুনায়েদের ঘাড়ে নিঃশ্বাস ফেলছেন, এটি মোটামুটি পরিষ্কার ১-৪ নম্বরের পজিশনের জন্য একজনকে সাইড বেঞ্চে বসে থাকতেই হবে। বোর্ডের এক পরিচালক জানান, নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজ জেতার পুরো দলের আত্মবিশ্বাস অনেক বেড়েছে। সামনে জাতীয় লীগ, প্রিমিয়ার লীগ এবং জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজ। বিশ্বকাপ স্কোয়াডে ঢুকতে হলে এদের সবায়কে কঠিন পরীক্ষার মুখোমুখি হতে হবে। আর এই প্রতিযোগিতার কারণে বাংলাদেশ দলও দারুণ একটি লড়াকু দলে পরিণত হবে, নিঃসন্দেহে বলা যায়।

হাতের ইনজুরি সেরে দলে ফিরছেন তামিম ইকবাল, তার সঙ্গীর জন্য অপেক্ষায় থাকতে হবে কায়েস, নাফীস, অমি ও জুনায়েদকে। তবে অমি ও জুনায়েদের যেহেতু চার নম্বরে খেলার অভিজ্ঞতা রয়েছে, তাই দুই নম্বরে ব্যাট করার জন্য আসল লড়াইটি হবে কায়েস ও নাফীসের ভিতর। যদিও জুনায়েদ অফফর্ম কাটাতে ব্যর্থ হলে এরাই হতে পারেন বাংলাদেশের টপ ফোর ব্যাটসম্যান।

[/বাংলা]

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/10/21/news0049.htm

Where is Raqib?
Has he been dropped already?
Why is Ittefaq report says Jahurul is a opening batsmen?

Jahurul
Imrul
Zunaed
Shahriar Nafis

Fighting for 2 positions

Murad
October 20, 2010, 06:16 PM
What is the name of this reporter? Shala shob ulot palot kore felse.

Zunaed er 4 no. e khelar experience ache? Zunaed has been playing at 3 for last 1 year+. Imrul is doing fine. He doesn't need to worry about his position.

No.3 and no.4 need to worry. Raqibu to shobar cheye kharap khelse but tar naam ekbar o mention korenai. What a great journalist!!

hoax
October 20, 2010, 08:13 PM
WTF!...where is the mention of roqibul??..we need 2 get rid of this guy and there isn't a single word about him:hairpull:..get this guy:outbad:

lamisa
October 21, 2010, 04:40 AM
This news is very sad. I fully agree on dropping Rakibul from national squad but dropping him from his domestic side is not acceptable. He should have been given chance to find some form with his bat.

What next ?

Zunaed and Naeem getting dropped by Rajshahi, Mushi getting dropped by Sylhet for slow batting...

BCB should act soon.

what?zunaed and naeem got dropped?:timeout:

MohammedC
October 21, 2010, 05:30 AM
what?zunaed and naeem got dropped?:timeout:

No they did not. But Sajidul Islam, Alauddin Babu has been dropped from Rajshahi.

czone
October 21, 2010, 08:07 AM
Now, how can the national team selectors justify Raqibul's inclusion in the national team when he is not even cosidered in the divisional team??? JS also needs a wake up call regarding Raqibul's place in the national team.

Tiger444
October 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
I honestly think its completely up to Dhaka if they want to drop Raqibul from the team..if they think they've got better batsmen that score at a faster rate then let them do it..honestly though Raqibul has been a very good batsman in the NCL List A's..he has an average of a 53.76 in 16 matches with 1 century and 7 half centuries..all of the other batsmen are mostly averaging in the 30's so its a surprising decision for Dhaka..