PDA

View Full Version : 'Now 4-0 is very possible' - Shakib Al Hasan

BANFAN
October 12, 2010, 03:59 AM
Do you think it's possible to win 4-0 against this side? Please vote, would be nice to see if the expectations of fans & team match. For me, YES it's possible. But not sure if our team can do it.

BANFAN
October 12, 2010, 04:03 AM
"Now the 4-0 [result] is very possible," Shakib said. "We played good cricket in the last two games but we want to improve our performance in the next two because there are lots of areas to improve.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/story/481134.html

yaseer
October 12, 2010, 04:04 AM
Yes, it is possible. But lets have the series first in the next match :)

Miraz
October 12, 2010, 04:49 AM
Shakib spoke a bit too early. Should have spoken after winning the 3rd match. Still 2-2 very much possible.

Purna
October 12, 2010, 05:29 AM
Well, according to many philosophers you can do anything if you try, but then again some say that it is not possible to do everything because life is hard. So, I am really confused: well, I think that it is possible for an able and young team like Bangladesh to accomplish anything and everything, but they just have to avoid making the mistakes which they usually do, like misfielding. If they continue playing as they had in the first two ODIs....yes it's possible! But I too think Shakib-Al-Hasan said it out too early...because New Zealand may also return with more strength and power....in that case, Shakib would be embarrassing all of us.

Habib
October 12, 2010, 05:35 AM
So who were complaining that Shakib isn't ambitious as a captain huh?

riankhan
October 12, 2010, 05:58 AM
Shakib just said it is very much possible. And as he believes so. He didn't say its bound to happen or "we will"
Appreciate his positive attitude. Those associate days are long gone :)

Naimul_Hd
October 12, 2010, 06:31 AM
Shakib spoke a bit too early. Should have spoken after winning the 3rd match. Still 2-2 very much possible.

I dnt think so. Its a psychological pressure to NZ team as next match is the most vital in deciding series win. :)

If NZ wins the next match, the pressure will be back on Bangladesh again.

akabir77
October 12, 2010, 06:41 AM
Yes we can

crickwizard
October 12, 2010, 07:11 AM
It is very possible if BD players can sustain their form, NZ batsmen are having vodoo effect. If BD can get McCulm out early, they will win. We havn't even bowl Riyad 10 overs :)

Tiger444
October 12, 2010, 07:11 AM
I believe its very possible that we win..if the spinners continue their good work and the pacers don't leak too many runs then I can see us winning..the Kiwis batting is just pitiful and I just don't see them recovering..they got huge issues against spin and it doesn't look like a quick fix..as long as the batsmen don't screw up we should be fine..

M.H.Rubel
October 12, 2010, 07:13 AM
NZ is a very professional team with lot of talented players.We have won consecutive matches against them but it will not be wise if we disregarde their strength.No i want to be realistic first we need to secure the next match and win the series then whatsoever.So voted for no.
I am just thinking about a series win.Age aam bachai pore sala dekhbo.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

M.H.Rubel
October 12, 2010, 07:16 AM

Agreed
and this is why i always say Shakib is not matured yet as a captain.

cricket_fanatic
October 12, 2010, 07:19 AM

Agreed - one should speak of 4-0 series win, only after it is 3-0!

dolcevita
October 12, 2010, 08:14 AM
First make it 3-0
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Haru-party
October 12, 2010, 08:23 AM
:up:Yes we can

IanW
October 12, 2010, 08:32 AM
A 4-0 is more possible than New Zealand winning three games :) Go for it, Sakib ... win the next one, and make em play for pride.

_Rafi_
October 12, 2010, 08:33 AM
I think journalists asked him 4-0 possible or not and Shakib respond it by saying it is possible. I dont find anything wrong with this.

riankhan
October 12, 2010, 08:44 AM
I think journalists asked him 4-0 possible or not and Shakib respond it by saying it is possible. I dont find anything wrong with this.

Exactly what I believe.

Radhuni Gura Mosholla + Ada + Roshun == 'Now 4-0 is very possible' [http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/story/481134.html]

psi
October 12, 2010, 08:58 AM
Agreed
and this is why i always say Shakib is not matured yet as a captain.

I think the only way Bangladesh will make a mark in the cricket world is by issuing bold statements and then making them reality. Moreover this way New Zealand will be under even more pressure.

lamisa
October 12, 2010, 09:31 AM
i don't know...i feel a bit pessimistic, knowing us so well..

kalpurush
October 12, 2010, 01:29 PM
May be Ice Man is playing a mental game!!!?

roman
October 12, 2010, 01:56 PM
I also think he mentioned about 4-0 little early. This might charge up NZ rather than putting mental pressure on them. Just think of it this way...If Irish Captain Says winning against BD is very much possible, wont you get charged up a bit? He could've said it in a different way. I hope we can make it 4-0. If we can do so, can we get into top 8??

_Rafi_
October 12, 2010, 02:18 PM
I also think he mentioned about 4-0 little early. This might charge up NZ rather than putting mental pressure on them. Just think of it this way...If Irish Captain Says winning against BD is very much possible, wont you get charged up a bit? He could've said it in a different way. I hope we can make it 4-0. If we can do so, can we get into top 8??

well Irish captain actually did say this and BD instead charged up lost 1 match. So hopefully same happens to Kiwi.

nycpro96
October 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
We should keep bowling first though imho.

Sohel
October 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
Fudge yeah!

roman
October 12, 2010, 02:46 PM
well Irish captain actually did say this and BD instead charged up lost 1 match. So hopefully same happens to Kiwi.

lol.. I didnt know that Irish captain actually made that comment..But i think you got my point

Dhruvo
October 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
in that case, Shakib would be embarrassing all of us.
He won't embarrass me. There is nothing wrong with having a positive attitude. We've already defeated them twice in this series and we are yet to be defeated. Going for 4-0 is not unrealistic, its very much possible and if we do fail, atleast we'll know that the team came out to win and fought till the very end. As long as our players stay confident and don't play games for a respectable defeat I'm fine with it. We should always look to win.

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 02:54 PM
We looked good on the 2nd match. We did look extra special in the past as well. We all know what happened next.

Reminder, we still haven't won 2 consecutive matches in a row, technically. So we still have not broken our ritual yet.. So I can't vote

Habib
October 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
He won't embarrass me. There is nothing wrong with having a positive attitude. We've already defeated them twice in this series and we are yet to be defeated. Going for 4-0 is not unrealistic, its very much possible and if we do fail, atleast we'll know that the team came out to win and fought till the very end. As long as our players stay confident and don't play games for a respectable defeat I'm fine with it. We should always look to win.

Fantastic post. He won't embarrass me either.

Roni_uk
October 12, 2010, 03:53 PM
If I were Shakib (or even Ponting or Dhoni) I would have said... lets win the match next and win the series and we will go from there. Shakib was just a little immature to say this and now it will come and bite us in the back. Vettori will have his last laugh!

roman
October 12, 2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-13/news/100987

NZ is very serious about the next 2 games.

simon
October 12, 2010, 04:05 PM

ya right,some of us r just misinterpreting his statement, a journo asked him wether it's possible he said yes it is possible because Sak thinks they are yet to perform their best in this series.

simon
October 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-13/news/100987

NZ is very serious about the next 2 games.

they were supposed to be serious for the 2nd ODI too,but Ithought it was a poor fightback from the Kiwis./:)

Funny that every1 of their squad are bowling spin to help their btsmen,arektu hole journalist keo bolto bhai ektu spin koren dekhi.:-D

Raynman
October 12, 2010, 04:25 PM
NZ will be under immense pressure to avoid losing the series and we need to captialize on it. We need to be careful but aggressive to not let that pressure subside.

wiseshah
October 12, 2010, 04:28 PM
like shakib's attitude and gut. iceman is turning into iron man.

shakib for captain--all the way

zman
October 12, 2010, 04:39 PM
i'm thinking more like a 3-0 series win. the forecast for the next couple of days is for thunderstorms and more scattered thunderstorms (according to weather.com). if that's the case i can't see more than one of the two scheduled matches being played. can our fellow local BC-ites update us on the current weather patterns down there?

meazz1
October 12, 2010, 08:37 PM
now, I'll take 3-1 any day, but 4-0 would be dream come true for us.

BUT 2-2 IS NOT ACCEPTABLE ANY MORE!!!!

Zunaid
October 12, 2010, 08:58 PM
Shakib may have been playing semantics. Possibility and plausibility are not the same. Yeah. it might just be possible. Yeah, it is even possible we might even win the next 10 ODIs. But how plausible is it? Probability may be minuscule but not zero. :)

rinathq
October 12, 2010, 09:17 PM
I am hopeful for 4-0. It will take more than 1 week of practice of New Zealand to beat all of Sakib, Razzaq, Shuvo, Mahmudullah.

cricket_king
October 12, 2010, 09:36 PM
In my opinion, this comment is a little prematured. With all due respect, the result is still most likely 2-2, even after the two consecutive wins, this pattern will continue if we win the next match. Chance of 4-0 is no doubt "possible", but it's remains highly unlikely.

Dilscoop
October 12, 2010, 10:53 PM
We all know it will end in 2-2, specially now that Shakib says 4-0 is possible.

I will take 3-1 any day.

Razi
October 13, 2010, 02:25 AM
I saw the press conference on TV where Shakib talked about this, he was asked whether he believes that it is possible to win the series 4-0? He replied he wants to win the series first and then think about it but at the same time he also said if we can rectify and minimize our mistakes from the last two matches then obviously 4-0 is very possible. So, reporter here understandably shortened his answer to spice things up.

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 03:24 AM
I saw the press conference on TV where Shakib talked about this, he was asked whether he believes that it is possible to win the series 4-0? He replied he wants to win the series first and then think about it but at the same time he also said if we can rectify and minimize our mistakes from the last two matches then obviously 4-0 is very possible. So, reporter here understandably shortened his answer to spice things up.

Yeah, and people take things out of context. Self loathing is too much these days :doh:

If he said no, all of the above people would've bashed him like they do with siddons.

beshideshi
October 13, 2010, 03:30 AM

Just what I thought, Bangladesh yet aren't good enough to declare that they can white wash NZ. Regardless of the outcome in the first two games, we must remember that NZ is still a very decent team and Bangladesh will have to play out of their skin to win the games.

simon
October 13, 2010, 04:21 AM
i'm thinking more like a 3-0 series win. the forecast for the next couple of days is for thunderstorms and more scattered thunderstorms (according to weather.com). if that's the case i can't see more than one of the two scheduled matches being played. can our fellow local BC-ites update us on the current weather patterns down there?

oo nooo! c'est pas vrai.:o

crickwizard
October 13, 2010, 07:00 AM
its amazing to see such diversity in thinking. Not sure if this is such a debatable subject though. If Shakib said lets target 3-0 first, many would have said, 'oh he is not confident enough, not visionary etc'. When he says 4-0 is *possible*, he still got a problem. He could have said, 'we shall(will) win 4-0'.

After watching second game saying 'possible' is adequate respect to NZ. Target must be a 4-0, and if turns out 3-1, we shall take it. If BD ends up loosing next 2 games, this is still a great level series. Take it easy folks, BD made NZ team officials bowling spin at net, not good enough?

BANFAN
October 13, 2010, 07:06 AM

That was understandable. I guess there is no debate on how he should have said that. But do you believe that we can win 4-0 or no?

Not to prove Shakib was right or wrong in saying so. If he didn't believe that we could do it, he could have easily avoided the answer and stick to next match only.

Do you believe we can win 4-0 against this NZ team, given our perfrmance + ability and the way NZ is playing + adaptability to the conditions?

shakibrulz
October 13, 2010, 09:02 AM
That was understandable. I guess there is no debate on how he should have said that. But do you believe that we can win 4-0 or no?

Not to prove Shakib was right or wrong in saying so. If he didn't believe that we could do it, he could have easily avoided the answer and stick to next match only.

Do you believe we can win 4-0 against this NZ team, given our perfrmance + ability and the way NZ is playing + adaptability to the conditions?

So first lets accept that what Shakib said is ok, and is taken out of context by many.

And realistically, I guess it would be 2-2, kiwis will give everything to avoid humiliation I think.

lamisa
October 13, 2010, 09:22 AM
the weather is fine here,it's sunny but it's not too hot so i don't think that there might be thunderstorms in the next few days,atleast not tomorrow...

simon
October 13, 2010, 10:26 AM
the weather is fine here,it's sunny but it's not too hot so i don't think that there might be thunderstorms in the next few days,atleast not tomorrow...

ameen.

FagunerAgun
October 13, 2010, 09:03 PM
Shakib made this comment to create a psychological pressure on NZ, which is common in the sports world.
This comment also shows how our mindset has changed after two consecutive wins against NZ.

Nasif
October 13, 2010, 10:27 PM
Already 2 gone, time to get back to reality?

Catskills
October 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
Not possible....

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 06:27 AM
We definitely have 2 back to back matches now...

4-0 here we come. And may I say beatcccheess!!

magic boy
October 14, 2010, 06:30 AM
yeas we can ...we believe we can...and we will :fire::flag:

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 06:43 AM
we can na we MUST!ami last odi dekte jaitesi ar sheidin joti na jiti tahoile khub kharap hoye jabe kintu!!!

_Rafi_
October 14, 2010, 06:51 AM
Already 2 gone, time to get back to reality?

this is not inception? You are not in dream. Then why you are having trouble with recognising reality like Mrs. Cobb.
Please dont suicide! You are not in dream.

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 06:56 AM
I hope it doesn't rain.

Come to think of it, we could've 5-0ed it. Damn it.

yaseer
October 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
Yes!! Everything is possible when Sakib is there!!

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
We definitely have 2 back to back matches now...

4-0 here we come. And may I say beatcccheess!!

what now dawg? werent you loling at me before cause I said my heart tells me the boys have never concentrated this much before and they are gonna win the series.

Glad to see you on the other side of the road.

AsifTheManRahman
October 14, 2010, 08:14 AM
Well he usually delivers what he promises (e.g. a 4-1 win against Zimbabwe after going one down in the first game of the series). Let's see if he does it this time too. Or else *whip*.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

kalpurush
October 14, 2010, 10:18 AM
I hope it doesn't rain.

Come to think of it, we could've 5-0ed it. Damn it.
Ha Ha Ha !!!:lol:

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 10:45 AM
it's raining here in dhaka,guys pls pls pls pray it doesn't rain on sunday...i have been really looking forward to going to the stadium this time for some reason...

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:00 PM
4-0 ......here we come
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Shehwar
October 14, 2010, 10:26 PM
it's raining here in dhaka,guys pls pls pls pray it doesn't rain on sunday...i have been really looking forward to going to the stadium this time for some reason...

Fingers crossed ...

bujhee kom
October 14, 2010, 11:29 PM

May Allah make that day a sunny and dry day, I am praying for you and our team Lamisa apu! Inshallah you will get to see the match and our team at the stadium!

PS Shathe kotogula poch deem ni jao maa, hand-bag-e kore, jodi Bodnar gushti haarey, kotha nai, bolodgula-ke pocha deem mere ashbe, okay? Especially if you see Roikka and Loitta.

Tigers_eye
October 15, 2010, 12:37 AM
I have a feeling the depression in the bay of Bengal will not go away.
+++
So 3-0 has a better chance than 4-0 or 3-1.

lamisa
October 15, 2010, 04:18 AM
b_k bhai,loitta is my best friend's dulabhai's business partner...i could ask my friend to throw some pocha dim if it means so much to u.i could do it too at the stadium but u see,vertically challenged people are hard to spot from so far up....

Baundule
October 15, 2010, 05:05 AM
I have a feeling the depression in the bay of Bengal will not go away.
+++
So 3-0 has a better chance than 4-0 or 3-1.
4-0>3-0>>>>>>>>3-1

At least on paper, it is not a whitewash.

If we play well, we will win the last match as well. NZ lacks motivation, they gave their level best for the third match and at the moment they can not play better.

magic boy
October 15, 2010, 05:24 AM
<strong>Do You Think It is Possible For BAN To WIn 4-0, This NZ Series?</strong></div>
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption -->
<div><label for="rb_optionnumber_1"><input name="optionnumber" value="1" id="rb_optionnumber_1" type="radio">YES</label>

Imteaz
October 15, 2010, 09:03 AM
Possible.

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 12:12 AM
Faith increasing after 14th Oct .... a few hours left for the poll to close....
there were around 20 yes votes on after 14 Oct (Post Match) and No Votes '0' .... :)

Mahir
October 17, 2010, 06:18 AM
BUMP Anyone???? Shakib Al Hasan is truly, and surely, on his way to greatness!

Zunaid
October 17, 2010, 06:21 AM
:notworthy:

Nadim
I wonder who r those 12 voters said NO:waiting:

mona
^ Not only is he a great player but a psychic too!

dolcevita
October 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
^ Not only is he a great player but a psychic too!
Neil macculum knows it

PoorFan
October 17, 2010, 06:42 AM
we can na we MUST!ami last odi dekte jaitesi ar sheidin joti na jiti tahoile khub kharap hoye jabe kintu!!!
They heard you loud and clear, but did it real messy way. Nevertheless you got to enjoy the best moment of BD cricket.

Sohel

Murad
^^^ Yeah! Lamisa is very lucky!!!

PoorFan
October 17, 2010, 06:45 AM
I thought he almost messed up giving the ball to Rubel in 47th over [instead of Shuvo]. Nice to see his bowlers didnt let him down. Shakib deserves all the credits to make his words talking, well done.

Habib
October 17, 2010, 06:46 AM
Shakib>Nostradamus

BANFAN
October 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
When the Captain, Team and the Fans all think alike ....... That's bound to happen.

Golden words of the true golden of of Bangladesh cricket, take a salute ..

B_IKHAN_71
October 17, 2010, 09:00 AM
after todays victory which sealed a first ever whitewash ( banglawash ) over new zealand , is shakib the next nostradamus ? :smug:

hoax
October 18, 2010, 04:31 AM
how true u were sakib:up: