PDA

View Full Version : One game at a time please

sharifk
October 12, 2010, 04:12 AM
See what Shakib has said:

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/story/481134.html

Saying things like 4-0 is possible when 2 games are yet to be played is unprofessional and disrespecting the opposition. It only motivates the other team, and the the top focus on the immediate game is lost. Another type of unprofessional statements our captain always make is the target he sets prior to a tourny is at least one win from the competion. Sometimes it's one century and so on. I really don't like these types of unprofessional talks of our players and captains. Ashraful used to do this, and Shakib does it all the time. Even though I never think Mash is the right captain material but at least he doesn't talk like this.

Come on, let's be professional and focus one game at a time...better yet one session at a time or one over at a time...how about one ball at a time? is it too much to ask?

Equinox
October 12, 2010, 04:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with what he has said. You have to realise he made that statement in a Q&A session. A reporter asked him "do you think you can whitewash the Kiwis?" And he simply replied "I think it's very possible." And everyone is ignoring what he said about there being room for improvement.

sharifk
October 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
There is nothing wrong with what he has said. You have to realise he made that statement in a Q&A session. A reporter asked him "do you think you can whitewash the Kiwis?" And he simply replied "I think it's very possible." And everyone is ignoring what he said about there being room for improvement.

reporters will always pull your legs...a good leader must know how to handle them and be diplomatic.....why couldn't he say the focus wasn't the whitewash at the moment...and the focus is game 4 just like any smart professional captain would say....

PoorFan
October 12, 2010, 04:36 AM
'Only thinking about next game' ... was his answer when he was asked about a series win according to local news. Not impossible if ... type of answer to that 4-0 would have been the best way I say.

lamisa
October 12, 2010, 10:15 AM
we were already discussing this on a different thread...ajkal bcte beshi beshi notun thread khola hochche...

sharifk
October 12, 2010, 11:03 AM
we were already discussing this on a different thread...ajkal bcte beshi beshi notun thread khola hochche...

i guess i should complain that some members posts too much without even having in depth understanding of the topics.... seriously though, with due all respect to the khamba thread, regarding 4-0 whitewash, which i believe deserves its own thread, is of a discussion as to whether or not 4-0 is possible...whereas the purpose of this thread is to discuss the mental states of our captain which lead to unprofessional talks...get it?

Haru-party
October 12, 2010, 05:43 PM
i guess i should complain that some members posts too much without even having in depth understanding of the topics.... seriously though, with due all respect to the khamba thread, regarding 4-0 whitewash, which i believe deserves its own thread, is of a discussion as to whether or not 4-0 is possible...whereas the purpose of this thread is to discuss the mental states of our captain which lead to unprofessional talks...get it?

ji boro vai :D
lau=kodu

Haru-party
October 12, 2010, 05:44 PM

first try to know the fact clearly then open a new thread lol

godzilla
October 12, 2010, 11:48 PM
reporters will always pull your legs...a good leader must know how to handle them and be diplomatic.....why couldn't he say the focus wasn't the whitewash at the moment...and the focus is game 4 just like any smart professional captain would say....

You know it's easier to say then done. At that moment you probably would have not come up with perhaps a better answer then him but at the end of the day the reporters would have made a small question into JUST 1 ARTICLE!