PDA

View Full Version : 5th ODI Bangladesh Team

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 13, 2010, 11:49 PM
What Should be The Bangladesh XI for 5th ODI..

Imrul
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid
Jahurul
Sakib
Rahim
Mahmudullah
Shuvo
Razzak
Shaiful
Rubel

for me jahurul should be in instead of Roqibul

Nadim
October 14, 2010, 12:21 AM
Let the 4th ODI finish yarrrrrr

al Furqaan
October 14, 2010, 06:25 AM
was thinking what do we do if its a dead rubber with the trophy already in the bag, so i asked my buddy and he said "go for the kill...bench strength doesn't mean s__t if you're not a winning outfit to start with".

we must win 4-0, we have to give guys like rubel and shafi a real chance to get into a good groove since games have been missed due to rain and injury.

and perhaps most important, another win will put us even with WI in the rankings table at 67 points.

nahaz
October 14, 2010, 06:35 AM
and perhaps most important, another win will put us even with WI in the rankings table at 67 points.

According to ICC Relaince rankings, we are already equal 7th with 67 points...one more win puts us on 7th on 69 points, with Windies being No.8.

BC officials please confirm..

nahaz
October 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
What Should be The Bangladesh XI for 5th ODI..

Imrul
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid
Jahurul
Sakib
Rahim
Mahmudullah
Shuvo
Razzak
Shaiful
Rubel

for me jahurul should be in instead of Roqibul

I agree with all of this team...Jahurul should come in for last ODI, which would give us more firepower in middle order...Rakib just waters out the fire..

Nadim
October 14, 2010, 06:43 AM
Drp Rakibul....Give Kahirul a chance!

Rest Riyad...Bring in Nayeem Islam in place of him

zman
October 14, 2010, 06:46 AM
was thinking what do we do if its a dead rubber with the trophy already in the bag, so i asked my buddy and he said "go for the kill...bench strength doesn't mean s__t if you're not a winning outfit to start with".

we must win 4-0, we have to give guys like rubel and shafi a real chance to get into a good groove since games have been missed due to rain and injury.

can't wait to see us finally put up a score of 280+ in this series...our batting has progressively gotten better

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 07:03 AM
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid Siddiqie
Musfiqur Rahim
Shakib al Hasan
Jahurul Islam
Md Riyad
S Shuvo
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

Jahurul gets a chances. He can help out with the firepower we are lacking for the death overs. He can be the finisher. It also gives Rahim the chance to bat up, at 4, where he has best performed so far. He has the time to settle down, and play to his pace. He looks ugly in at the bottom. And he can rotate the strikes unlike Rokibul.

zainab
October 14, 2010, 07:05 AM
Nayeem and Jahurul should be given a chance, it is a dead rubber anyhow, definitely Rock should be dropped and Jahurul given a chance.

MohammedC
October 14, 2010, 08:26 AM
Same again please.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

wiseshah
October 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
my team

imrul
nafees
junaid
jahurul
shakib
mushfiq
naeem
shuvo
shafiul
razzaq
rubel

PoorFan
October 14, 2010, 08:36 AM
Only Rakib should be dropped, rest need no change. We should go for kill New Zealand.

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:12 AM
SN
IK
JS
Mushy
Shakib
Jahurul
Naeem
Shuvo
Raj
Shafi
RBX

if possible Nazimuddin for IK and Shuvogoto for JS can be given a call from the standby
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

crickwizard
October 14, 2010, 11:57 AM
Drop Mushy and Rokibul- get Johirul and Nayeem in

roman
October 14, 2010, 12:00 PM
let this be the official match thread for 5th ODI

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 12:31 PM
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Junaid Siddiqie
Shakib al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Jahurul Islam
Sohrawadi Shuvo
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak
Rubel Hossain

safa
October 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim
MY 11
Nafees
Jahirul
Junaed
Raqibul
shakib
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Naeem
Shuvo
Shafiul
Rubel
Rest Imrul & Razzak for the next match and give chance to jahirul and naeem.
I doesn't go with dropping Junaed & Raquibul because let them one more chance to improve.
I saw the match hihglights, the fielding is excellent but there are places to improve.
The bowling also looks good and needs still more improvement to compete with teams like IND,AUS,SA,ENG,SL.
Batting and Bowling during the last powerplay needs more attention.
Raquibul is excellent in the field and he needs to perform with the bat,same is the case with Junaed.I want these 2 batsmans to come good in the next match.
Doesn't want to rest Shakib.I can't explain why? .
Mushfiq & Mahmudullah needs to perfom as well.Naeem should make most of his chance.
I want that both the fast bowlers should bowl their full 10 ten overs in order to check their consistency to bowl throuoght the innings.
Without Razzak,it will be a testing time for Shakib,Shuvo,&Naeem.And I hope that they will prove, they are capable.
EXPECTATIONS:
1.Century from anyone among top 4
2.Either Rubel or Shafiul should take a 4 wicket haul
3.Dont lose all the wickets and bundle out, if bat first
4.Score 270+ if bat first or restict NZ within 240 if bowl first
5.Use the last PowerPlay efficiently

Fahim
October 14, 2010, 01:40 PM
my team for this dead rubber match:

1) bhimrul payesh
2) shahriar nafees
3) junaid siddique
4) mushfiqur rahim
5) mahmudullah riyadh
6) shakib al hasan
7) Jahurul Islam
8) Naeem Islam
9) sohrawadi shuvo
10) Shafiul Islam
11) Rubel Hossain

12th man: Taposh Baisya

bdtiger
October 14, 2010, 01:40 PM
we should test our reserve bench strength. nice to see imrul and riyad got some runs. we badly need some inform batsmen. rokibul should definitely be dropped and jahur will come. i am happy with others but would love to see nazimuddin in the team (maybe in place of junaid).

revolver
October 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
let nazimuddin do some fireworks to...

irteja
October 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
Only one change. bring Naeem Islam, Drop mahmudullah riyadh

Tokai
October 14, 2010, 03:36 PM
This is not a dead rubber at all. It will make us equal WI on the ranking and make us #8 for the first time ever. If we cannot do this, who knows when we'll get the chance again. We will have to use it and field the best team. NO EXPERIMENT. The only chance I can think of is to drop roqibul.

Boomerang
October 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
I prefer 1 change. Nayeem 4 rokibul. (+1) bowling option. I would also want johrul 4 mushy but i wana give him chance considering the fact he made himself run out unsellfishly
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Fazal
October 14, 2010, 04:13 PM
Drop Mushy and Rokibul- get Johirul and Nayeem in

Agree.

Equinox
October 14, 2010, 04:26 PM
Imrul
SN
Zunaed
Mushfiq
Shakib
Jahirul
Naeem
Shuvo
Shafiul
Razzak
Rubel

Rifat
October 14, 2010, 05:10 PM
Allah knows best!

who knows what will yield the best outcome?

MohammedC
October 14, 2010, 05:22 PM
Only Rakib should be dropped, rest need no change. We should go for kill New Zealand.

But the captain shaab said he does not want to change the winning combination.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 14, 2010, 06:15 PM
But the captain shaab said he does not want to change the winning combination.

But after a series win...new talented player like jahurul or nayeem should get a chance..

FagunerAgun
October 14, 2010, 08:19 PM
The same line up except Rock.

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 08:57 PM
all on a sudden no body is complaining about the 3 sla theory and suhrawrdy shuvo is oneverybodys team

Catskills
October 14, 2010, 09:17 PM
Jahirul and Naeem should be picked in 5th ODI. Specially Jahirul, without any doubt.

Tiger444
October 14, 2010, 09:20 PM
Jahurul should definitely get a chance in the series..it would be unfair to not even get a look at him for the series..he should replace Rokib in the lineup since he's the weakest link right now..Naeem should also get the chance over Riyad..

Holden
October 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
Don't want to see Riyad batting lower down the order, either move him up or replace him, also I would like to see Mushy batting at 4 instead of Roqibul, something like this will do:-

Kayes
Nafees
Zunaid
Mushy
Riyad
Shakib
Jahrul/Naeem
Shuvo
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel

Shehwar
October 14, 2010, 10:15 PM
May be give Ashraful, Aftab and Kapali a go instead of Imrul, Rock and Riyad? I know it seems harsh on Imrul since he keeps on making these contrbutions but dunno why I'm convinced that he is NOT the real deal!

wiseshah
October 14, 2010, 10:40 PM
jahurul is hard worker plus talented--which is a rare combination plus he is in form. so he definitely deserve a chance. series already decided, so why not experiment now, plus most players are tired and they wont give 100%
we should bring new energy into team. i think if needed, shakib should be rested too but thats unlikely

rest razzaq,junaed, kayes (he played well throughout),rokibul (bad form), mushfiq

how abt this line up

shahriar nafees
nazimuddin
shuvagoto hom
jahurul islam +
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
sabbir rahman
shuhrawardi shuvo
shafiul
rubel

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 10:44 PM
Jahurul should definitely get a chance in the series..it would be unfair to not even get a look at him for the series..he should replace Rokib in the lineup since he's the weakest link right now..Naeem should also get the chance over Riyad..
Let Riyad continue, but don't let the joker bat in the powerplays thats all.

Riyad at #4 and Jahu at #6 should be ok.

MarufH
October 14, 2010, 10:52 PM
I think we should "rest" Rakib and Mushy.. and let Nazimuddin and Jahurul have the lic to kill.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 14, 2010, 11:00 PM
May be give Ashraful, Aftab and Kapali a go instead of Imrul, Rock and Riyad? I know it seems harsh on Imrul since he keeps on making these contrbutions but dunno why I'm convinced that he is NOT the real deal!

Imrul is playing really good....

Junaid is in bad form, but his shot making ability is better than kapali...

Rock should be out n e ways

Sohel
October 14, 2010, 11:05 PM
The stuporific and guarantedious batting of the totard Pathor is not only the best way for folks to hate the idea of batting in particular and cricket in general, but also harmful to the team in many more ways than just one. I say we permanently drop him and have GoBoy bat at 4 instead.

Shakib can bat at 5 and either Riyad or Nayeem come in at 6 to rotate the strike and create a solid foundation with the Skipper for the last 12 overs if need be. Please do NOT expect either of them "finish" the way at least Nayeem used to before becoming sissyfied like Riyad and others, and have Omi come in at 7 to try and finish. Let us hope Shubho can hit a few when he needs to. Shuhash can play an effective cameo on occasion but Nostrilamous "all rounder" Rex is completely useless with the bat. No comments on RBX.

Having said all that, I'm sure the clueless, egomaniacal PhDouche running the team will keep the "winning combination" and continue to play their favorite sissies. I just hope despite their best efforts to the contrary, we still BanglaWash the Kiwis. We need guys who can sensibly rotate the strike and put away the hittable deliveries, and also finishers. Shubhagoto will definitely help, and in the frankly unlikely event Alok or Motin can overcome their severe psychosomatic issues, they too can make a run for it.

Tigers_eye
October 15, 2010, 01:02 AM
I am with Crickwizard and Fazal. Mushi and Raqibul should sit out. Jahurul and Naeem should play the last match since our selectors will not get Hom and Roy in to the team.

irampool
October 15, 2010, 01:42 AM
I think, the best thing which worked for us in the 4th ODI was Raqibul's early dismissal....thank god!

Jahurul has been doing so well ever since he made his debut against England last march.....damn, he really deserves the no.4 spot for the time being....!!!

auntu
October 15, 2010, 01:48 AM
Jahurul should be in place of Raqibul.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 16, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hope They Dropped Rokibul today

Murad
October 16, 2010, 01:21 PM
Siddons said no changes to the XI that played in 4th ODI.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 16, 2010, 01:33 PM

Huh...Then How will we know that our new emerging players like jahurul can make a difference too!! Every Team give the chance to new players when they win the series..
Siddons have made a stupid decision in that case, if it is true..

Haru-party
October 16, 2010, 02:51 PM
Shakib
10 players from under 13 team.
enuff for the kiwis :P

simon
October 16, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hope They Dropped Rokibul today

Even though I like Rockibul but as he didn't even get a 30 I say give him a break & give Jahurul a chance,I feel sorry for Jahu,he looked to be technically perfect & can play aggressive cricket.
But it ain't gonna happen, so best of luck to Rock.
Good thing is that we hv engh options these days,I don't see any chance for Ash.

FagunerAgun
October 16, 2010, 05:15 PM
Jahurul should be in place of Raqibul.
Yes, Jahirul should have been in 4th ODI lineup. Now I hope he will be in the last one.
How is Mr. handsome!!

ashraful1
October 16, 2010, 06:14 PM
I really hope we can get 270 plus batting first and most importantly put the batting power-play to it's full use, and I think I'm convinced that raqibul should be dropped for juhrul besides that everything else is all good, an having team dilemma is all ways healthy for any team. Now let's win this series with a bang

Catskills
October 16, 2010, 06:43 PM

The hell with Siddons. As because Siddons likes Raqibul and Riyad does not mean that they should be picked all the time, even if they are performaing poorly. We should always pick in form player.

MohammedC
October 16, 2010, 06:52 PM
Bangladesh Fan should pick the starting eleven.

rinathq
October 16, 2010, 07:09 PM
I dunt think we are in the position to experiment yet. The chance of whitewashing Kiwis is a rare chance and might not come again any time soon. I would play the same squad. I would even keep Raqibul to give him one last chance. If he fails, and Nafees succeeds, nafees can take over Raqibu;s spot. He nafees fails than Jahirul will.

bdtiger
October 16, 2010, 09:16 PM
lets try the reserve bench strength!

Murad
October 16, 2010, 09:43 PM
Huh...Then How will we know that our new emerging players like jahurul can make a difference too!! Every Team give the chance to new players when they win the series..
Siddons have made a stupid decision in that case, if it is true..

The coach also confirmed there won't be any change in the team, owing to continue the combination with the World Cup and even Zimbabwe one-dayers in mind.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=158756