PDA

View Full Version : shamim , Atahar commentary jokes

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 05:21 AM
This thread is dedicated to the two international ( :D) commentator from Bangladesh

Pls write down as they crack blunders/jokes in the match!!

typical Shamim : goodness gracious........

typical Atahar: my world /word...

hbk619
October 14, 2010, 06:13 AM
shamim to mcmilan: shakib speaks well too

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 06:22 AM
Shamim: (back in NZ) and one of those. (referring to a chick in bikini)

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 06:24 AM
athar:brilliant piece of bowling,brilliant piece of fielding,brillian batting,BRILLIANT PIECE OF STUFF,LMAO!!!!
shamim:shakin and vettori fighting for the number 1 and 5 spot!HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 06:28 AM
athar:brilliant piece of bowling,brilliant piece of fielding,brillian batting,BRILLIANT PIECE OF STUFF,LMAO!!!!
shamim:shakin and vettori fighting for the number 1 and 5 spot!HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

lmao

Tiger-ess
October 14, 2010, 06:29 AM
Shamim "......... dah one"

cricket bd
October 14, 2010, 06:32 AM
hes bias against bd when he is in the forein soil

akabir77
October 14, 2010, 07:04 AM
what does this means:
shamim: through caution to the wind? he was saying this over and over during bd last PP.

they way he was blindly supporting bd and had no clue that match could be so close was irritating to me. He is an id...e

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:35 AM
i want to introduce CHOWDHURY JAFARULLAH SHARAFAT

" SHAKIB ekjon bissho nondito bissho borenno bissho maner uchu maper player. ek naame jar khati cricket jogoter protita anache kanache dhonito hoy. jemon kotha bole tar bat, upohar dey nandonik, kabbik sob innings temni tar ghurni ball er jadu te dhulishat hoye jay protipokkher sobbatsman. antorjatik cricket shakib aaj emon ek nam jar kotha bhebe protiti khelowar er aaj buk kepe uthe. ek kothay bola jay shakib aaj duniyar ek no allrounder har kono tulona nei,kono juri nei, konohondeho nei. ei gorbo amar desh er, ei gourob amader desher protiti manusher. oinutoner keton uure, tora sob joyodhoni kor. sabash bangladesh, sabash shakib, tumar tulona nai."
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

PoorFan
October 14, 2010, 10:14 AM
New Zealand got 2 wicket down [lost McCullum] and Shamim says ... 'New Zealand are in trouble'!

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 10:53 AM
i heard this one on the radio,not sure who said it,"bowler bowl korechen doure giye ebong batsman shojore bat ghuriye shundor ekti shot khello,shundor leg drive ebong ball chole gelo offside diye shimanar baire,aro charti run jog holo bangladesher khatay..."

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 10:55 AM

" SHAKIB ekjon bissho nondito bissho borenno bissho maner uchu maper player. ek naame jar khati cricket jogoter protita anache kanache dhonito hoy. jemon kotha bole tar bat, upohar dey nandonik, kabbik sob innings temni tar ghurni ball er jadu te dhulishat hoye jay protipokkher sobbatsman. antorjatik cricket shakib aaj emon ek nam jar kotha bhebe protiti khelowar er aaj buk kepe uthe. ek kothay bola jay shakib aaj duniyar ek no allrounder har kono tulona nei,kono juri nei, konohondeho nei. ei gorbo amar desh er, ei gourob amader desher protiti manusher. oinutoner keton uure, tora sob joyodhoni kor. sabash bangladesh, sabash shakib, tumar tulona nai."

lmao I can just picture him saying it just like that
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

nakibahmed
October 14, 2010, 11:07 AM

haha,i remember that one!:P

crickwizard
October 14, 2010, 11:16 AM
Atahar: When Shakib walked to crowd to move away from sight screen..
"Unbelievable, unbelievable for a batsman to walk... he needs to concentrate on cricket.. " - the fact is Shakib was trying to concentrate on cricket but could not due to movements...

roman
October 14, 2010, 11:20 AM
what does this means:
shamim: through caution to the wind? he was saying this over and over during bd last PP.

they way he was blindly supporting bd and had no clue that match could be so close was irritating to me. He is an id...e

i Think he picked this line up from his fellow commentator as both were using that "caution to the wind"

Roni_uk
October 14, 2010, 02:04 PM
i heard this one on the radio,not sure who said it,"bowler bowl korechen doure giye ebong batsman shojore bat ghuriye shundor ekti shot khello,shundor leg drive ebong ball chole gelo offside diye shimanar baire,aro charti run jog holo bangladesher khatay..."

Football commentators transform into cricket commentators :)

.. abong jore kore ball ta mere dilam.. wicket keeper dhorte parlo na... fooooooooourrrrrrrrr.

billah
October 14, 2010, 02:15 PM
i Think he picked this line up from his fellow commentator as both were using that "caution to the wind"

Yup.

He just learned the phrase yesterday. He has no idea about the proper use of it.

Kana-Baba
October 14, 2010, 02:21 PM
Funny commentary from BD-NZ 1st ODI:

Shamim Chowdhury: A spinner throwing a waist height beamer should not be adjusted as no ball as it is not dangerous like pacers one.

Danny Morison: Only if your brother in-Law gets the job of umpire would agree with you!

Sovik
October 14, 2010, 02:42 PM
these are too much to take

Green Tea
October 14, 2010, 03:24 PM

Shamim Chowdhury: A spinner throwing a waist height beamer should not be adjusted as no ball as it is not dangerous like pacers one.

Danny Morison: Only if your brother in-Law gets the job of umpire would agree with you!

http://www.toonpool.com/user/997/files/brother_in_law_scavenges_525265.jpg

tiger_omar
October 14, 2010, 03:43 PM
After Brandon McCullum comes down the wicket and hits Shafiul for a 4...
Shamim "... just sashaying down the wicket" :lol: Not sure why, but I found that expression pretty funny.

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 03:46 PM
After Brandon McCullum comes down the wicket and hits Shafiul for a 4...
Shamim "... just sashaying down the wicket" :lol: Not sure why, but I found that expression pretty funny.

:D i know that was funny

Modad
October 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
athar: shere bangla cricket national stadium

losers

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 03:53 PM
i will watch highlights fr more jokes.......................one more match to go btw

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 04:15 PM
todays match when mushi was out: goodnes gracious me, comedy of errors...and both batsman running at each other ..lolx

ashraful1
October 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
U know wot I think he's both r legends, however when shamim said I have one of those to the girl in a bikini in the new Zealand tour that was shocking but really funny, even the new Zealand commentator was shocked, lol
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
after moyna gets out : the crowds r stunned to silent but they r going to roar back as he comes ....roflll

zman
October 14, 2010, 04:23 PM
No compilation of commentator jokes is complete without this guy's post game analysis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-p8GTnXRNA).

Pay attention to the part after the 14 sec mark

betaar
October 14, 2010, 04:25 PM
what does this means:

It's actually, "Threw caution to the wind" not "through caution to the wind" which is a past tense of "Throw caution to the wind" which means someone is reckless.

I know we make fun of these guys but unlike us they are still holding onto their own root of English from the Brit system that still exists in BD....I don't see anything wrong with that.

Purbasha T
October 14, 2010, 04:32 PM

haha,i remember that one!:P

Nope he said...''Good to see the crowd, good to see the etc etc.....'' and then couple of bikini ladies appear and he says: ''..good to see those too!''

Morrison reacts, ''aye!!''

alubortha
October 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Nope he said...''Good to see the crowd, good to see the etc etc.....'' and then the bikini lady appears and he says: ''..good to see those too!''

shamim c cudnt control his excitement...chi chi

Purbasha T
October 14, 2010, 04:38 PM

nope the ending is like this: ''....ball chole jacche offside diye shimanar baire..kintu na!!! batsman bowled!!!!!!!'' :D

Purbasha T
October 14, 2010, 04:48 PM
[বাংলা]শরাফত স্যার: ''রস টেলর যিনি ১৭ রান করার গৌরব অর্জন করলেন....'' [/বাংলা] :floor:

[বাংলা]মেইট, শরাফত স্যার-এর ইংরেজি নিয়ে যত যা-ই বল; বাংলা ভাষার কথামালার এমন মৌলিক ব্যবহার সম্পর্কে গুটিকয়েক যে ব্যক্তির কাছ থেকে আমরা ধারণা পেতে পারি, তিনি তাদের মধ্যে একজন (অ্যান্ড আই মিন দ্যাট)।[/বাংলা]

Purbasha T
October 14, 2010, 04:51 PM
OKKK just noticed, it's <font class='bangla'>শত রান</font> not <font class='bangla'>সতের রান</font>, but still imagine if it was as I heard it, how funny would that have been!! :D

cricket_king
October 14, 2010, 05:31 PM
Shamim: "Top-order bowler".
LOL. Coming up with new cricketing terms. Classic Shamim.

Ajfar
October 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
^ shamim comes up with new terms every day. I miss that Hamid talku. He was really funny during the Kenya Bd Series back in 06.

Morpheous
October 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
LMAO.....Brendon McCullum..."kingpin of NZ top order"

fishyguy
October 14, 2010, 07:55 PM
Shamim was so bad yesterday I had to stop the audio. My head was gonna explode. He is sooo bad.

BD d best
October 14, 2010, 07:58 PM
Nope he said...''Good to see the crowd, good to see the etc etc.....'' and then couple of bikini ladies appear and he says: ''..good to see those too!''

huhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....SHAMIM is the best commentator of cricket history...huhahahahahah

BD d best
October 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
^^ Good to see 'those' --huhahahahahahahah

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 09:41 PM
GOD! This is not funny any more. It's embarrassing. We really need some good commies. Can we get some young sports journalist, good speakers or some who can just sit there and not sound like a goat?

RazabQ
October 14, 2010, 10:55 PM
No compilation of commentator jokes is complete without this guy's post game analysis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-p8GTnXRNA).

Pay attention to the part after the 14 sec mark
ha ha .. in front of the pad, in front of the bad ...

billah
October 15, 2010, 12:12 AM

Actually, his brother-in-law was indeed the match referee, hence the joke by Danny

bujhee kom
October 15, 2010, 12:13 AM
Hahhahaahh these two are our BD's Cheech and Chong!! Must puff puff a lot, thus totally clueless and confused!

Then we have that Jharfulla Shadabhaat, that one looks just like Khail Ullah the Kolje-kheko from the 70's, I swear!!!

godzilla
October 15, 2010, 12:23 AM
The best by far was during WI tour when Athar ali Khan said "Blackwash ... I beg your pardon Banglawash" .... that had me LMAO for a while!

lamisa
October 15, 2010, 04:54 AM
OKKK just noticed, it's <font class='bangla'>শত রান</font> not <font class='bangla'>সতের রান</font>, but still imagine if it was as I heard it, how funny would that have been!! :D

leg drive,how can it go through offside?

lamisa
October 15, 2010, 04:57 AM
i don't know why bulbul never went into commentry.he did some commentry for btv or was it atn,when we didn't have any broadcaster for the bd vs ireland series?

Tiger Manc
October 15, 2010, 10:24 AM
Actually, his brother-in-law was indeed the match referee, hence the joke by Danny

who was the match referee?

Rizvi
October 15, 2010, 10:51 AM

Maybe Danny knew that fact, hence the joke!

simon
October 15, 2010, 11:14 AM

dekhte hoibo na kar shala. :-D

roman
October 15, 2010, 11:22 AM
who was the match referee?
Javagal Srinath

I want our chacha (Khaled mahmud Shujon) to start a career as a commentator. He knows his cricket, atleast more than our beloved Shamim vai..

shakibrulz
October 15, 2010, 11:52 AM
This thread is a riot :lol:

Waqar Younis is legendary, have you guys heard him commentate :lol:

ialbd
October 15, 2010, 11:58 AM
no one trumps Jafrullah Sharafat...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ubZJS7h-PI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ubZJS7h-PI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BASSMAN
October 15, 2010, 01:28 PM
My fav. Bengali quotes:

Maati Kamrano Shot

Shoza Shimanar Bahriay

My favouriate: Chokka hobbar shombhobona ebong bowled

akabir77
October 15, 2010, 06:47 PM
when some NZ player was questioning the 1st lbw decision Shamim's reaction
don't you dare question that!!! what kind of ans is that??? he some times talks like 6 year old girl...

most hated guy after jarafat is him. how the hell this guys gets the job? I heard he got good connection with AL. and was once GOLLA DHAKA dea ber korey dea hoisilo during BNP time from Start sports coverage...

Best answer by him
A foreign commentator asked him
shamim what can you tell us about this guy ( a new player on debu, i forgot his name which one was it)
his answer: I don't know you tell me...

Then the guy who asked the question was so startled that didn't ans and then said you should know about him since he is from your country... and then he was saying well he came from u 19... new guy i don't know him blah blah blah...

All i was thinking at that time u **** u don't know **** (because it was either sakib or mushi's debu game) and they were well known by then... I started to hate him from that day... can't stand him and some time i mute my tv when he speaks. btw can u guys tell me does he get more time than others now? cause i kind a think only he is speaking every time.. ata comes for 30 min and its all him...

Antora
October 15, 2010, 08:09 PM
I want our chacha (Khaled mahmud Shujon) to start a career as a commentator. He knows his cricket, atleast more than our beloved Shamim vai..

I was just about to say that. He'd actually do a really good job.

Antora
October 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
I was gonna say we could have rafiq as commentator..... I mean he knows his cricket..but then I realised he can't speak english :|

BASSMAN
October 15, 2010, 08:54 PM
Bangladesh currently have the dumbest commentators and umpires in the world
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Naimul_Hd
October 16, 2010, 12:40 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8T9DeTcvB8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8T9DeTcvB8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:floor:

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 12:46 AM
My fav. Bengali quotes:

Maati Kamrano Shot

Shoza Shimanar Bahriay

My favouriate: Chokka hobbar shombhobona ebong bowled

Best is "Shojore Merechen, Kintu Bat e Ball e hoynee" :-D

Zeeshan
October 16, 2010, 01:09 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8T9DeTcvB8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object> (http://%3Cobject%20style=%22height:%20390px;%20width:%206 40px%22%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22movie%22%20value=%22h ttp://www.youtube.com/v/Q8T9DeTcvB8?version=3%22%3E%3Cparam%20name=%22allo wFullScreen%22%20value=%22true%22%3E%3Cparam%20nam e=%22allowScriptAccess%22%20value=%22always%22%3E% 3Cembed%20src=%22http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8T9DeTcvB8?version=3%22%20type=%22application/x-shockwave-flash%22%20allowfullscreen=%22true%22%20allowScrip tAccess=%22always%22%20width=%22640%22%20height=%2 2390%22%3E%3C/object%3E)

:floor:

lmao....this made my day.

Nocturnal
October 16, 2010, 01:18 AM
jafarullah bhai pareo ei boyoshe!! lol

i like the last part: apnara sobai bhalo thakben, khub bhalo, bye bye :lol:

ialbd
October 16, 2010, 01:23 AM
jafarullah bhai pareo ei boyoshe!! lol

i like the last part: apnara sobai bhalo thakben, khub bhalo, bye bye :lol:

hahaha... more like, apnara shobai bhalo thakben, khub bhalo babbay...

lamisa
October 16, 2010, 01:40 AM
Didn't some of u know that chacha used to do commentry???he wasn't that good though,i mean his voice was sort of irritating...

Dilscoop
October 16, 2010, 01:48 AM
when some NZ player was questioning the 1st lbw decision Shamim's reaction
don't you dare question that!!! what kind of ans is that??? he some times talks like 6 year old girl...

Wrong. That was after stat guy told Shamim, Razzak's got 42 wickets from bowled or lbw. 21 bowled, 21 lbw. Interesting fact.

And it was a NZ commentator Danny Morison, who said "well he must have got those at home". Implying that our umpires helped him get those. And Shamim said, "don't you dare say that." And stat showed up, and around 30 of those wickets were away, and made Danny look like a jackass

But yes, Shamim did sound veryy odd. As he always does

Dilscoop
October 16, 2010, 01:49 AM
Didn't some of u know that chacha used to do commentry???he wasn't that good though,i mean his voice was sort of irritating...

Couldn't be as irritating as these 2. At least he speaks wayy better English.

iDumb
October 16, 2010, 01:57 AM
Couldn't be as irritating as these 2. At least he speaks wayy better English.

no he doesn't. Shujon can't even speak 1/4 as good as athar. And you have no idea what you talking about. Athar and Shamim's english is fluent but the content of what they say maybe not so pleasing to hear - goes overboard with pampering and stuff.....instead of giving analytical commentary.

Murad
October 16, 2010, 02:01 AM
Wrong. That was after stat guy told Shamim, Razzak's got 42 wickets from bowled or lbw. 21 bowled, 21 lbw. Interesting fact.

And it was a NZ commentator Danny Morison, who said "well he must have got those at home". Implying that our umpires helped him get those. And Shamim said, "don't you dare say that." And stat showed up, and around 30 of those wickets were away, and made Danny look like a jackass

But yes, Shamim did sound veryy odd. As he always does

aKabir bhai was right. You are wrong!

Dilscoop
October 16, 2010, 02:04 AM
well Mr. iDumb. Obviously you never heard Khaled Mahmud Sujon speak. During English tour he was interviewed twice. He spoke very well. He was also interviewed during either Zim or T20 WC, and he was good. He doesn't have any FOB accent. His grammar was good. And most importantly there was no "ahh uuhh eee" pauses.

I agree that Shamim is fluent, but defiantly not Athar. Athar also skips words in all his sentences

Dilscoop
October 16, 2010, 02:06 AM
aKabir bhai was right. You are wrong!

lol, okay dude. I know what I heard.

Ask anyone with ESPN 3

iDumb
October 16, 2010, 02:19 AM
well Mr. iDumb. Obviously you never heard Khaled Mahmud Sujon speak. During English tour he was interviewed twice. He spoke very well. He was also interviewed during either Zim or T20 WC, and he was good. He doesn't have any FOB accent. His grammar was good. And most importantly there was no "ahh uuhh eee" pauses.

I agree that Shamim is fluent, but defiantly not Athar. Athar also skips words in all his sentences

bhai apnar written english er jei obosta, ami chup thaktam.

I am pretty sure I've watched and heard more commentary than you have. You only heard his interview... I actually heard him do commentary for a bangladeshi match in sky sports I think. He was pretty bad.. It is one thing to speak english, it is another thing to talk nonstop analytically on a microphone without any script.

Even native english speakers can't do it.

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 03:16 AM
I heard KM commentating a few matches ... He wasn't that good to be honest. But if I compare Athar's begining days, he was better than Athar's begining days. The later started memorizing complete sentences from other commentators in different situation and vomitted out. SOmetimes irrelevant, but he kept on saying those, even didnt have the knowledge of mopdifying to suit the situation. KM won't be that irritating. Shamim, had good english from the begining, but he lacked cricketing sense and that's why he was being left out on a few occassions. But then he started appeasing the opponents to keep his chances alive and he has been successful to some extent.

There is no chance of any good commentator to come soon; the trend has been set by these two and the newcomers can't be different.

Murad
October 16, 2010, 03:20 AM

Ask anyone with ESPN 3

You mixed it up. Shamim said it when Danny was complaining about the LBW decision.

Nadim
October 16, 2010, 03:22 AM
where is Fahim Muntasir? This guy is way better than both shamim and Athar combined.

If u guys followed PCL last yr then you would have agree with me.

akabir77
October 16, 2010, 03:22 AM

Ask anyone with ESPN 3

He did that both time. But my point is how can se pro guy says some thing like don't u dare????

Murad
October 16, 2010, 03:25 AM
He did that both time. But my point is how can se pro guy says some thing like don't u dare????

That Danny guy deserves to hear something like this. Remember how he reacted in the first game when 3rd umpire didn't give Zunaed out?

uss01
October 16, 2010, 01:58 PM
Did he do commentary in English or Bengali?

where is Fahim Muntasir? This guy is way better than both shamim and Athar combined.

If u guys followed PCL last yr then you would have agree with me.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Nadim
October 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
Did he do commentary in English or Bengali?

english when shamim was with him...bengali with other atn hudmahs

BASSMAN
October 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
Best is "Shojore Merechen, Kintu Bat e Ball e hoynee" :-D

Nice one. Nearly forgot that one,I have not heard Bangladesh commentary for a long time after leaving the Motherland,

bdmoderator
October 16, 2010, 04:02 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

:joy:

:great:

Fahim
October 16, 2010, 07:01 PM
i find it funny when shamim pronounces 'Hawk-eye' as 'Hoki'

and also: 'Hoisted that one, a bit agricultural' - wtf?

and it also irritates me when bangladesh lose a wicket. and he doesnt make it better when he says 'and this is the problem with bangladesh'.

Zeeshan
October 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
In the history of cricket has these two ever graced the mic TOGETHER? World would explode i think...

simon
October 16, 2010, 08:24 PM
there is a contrast between Ata & Shamim.
when ever I hear Shamim it seems like he is smiling,joking ,laughing all the time like Danny but when it comes to Ata he is like never happy,the tone of his voice is always the same,a bit emotionless,funless.

truenykr
October 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
I heard Shamim saying few time "and he tucked the ball down to corner for a single" is there any fielding position name "corner" lolz

hoax
October 17, 2010, 02:17 AM
I heard Shamim saying few time "and he tucked the ball down to corner for a single" is there any fielding position name "corner" lolz

Thats shamims corner!!:goal:

Fahim
October 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
Athar: 'Can you believe it?!'

Zeeshan
October 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
shamim ref: vettori's top spell when coming to bowl: You can't keep a good man down.

other commie must have been like wtf?

lamisa
October 19, 2010, 11:13 AM
OMG!i just found out today that he's my nursery teacher's husband!!!

Isam
October 19, 2010, 11:23 AM

hahaha..

Habib
October 19, 2010, 11:47 AM

Oh how lucky you are :P Ask for her husband's autograph. She'll be over the moon.

Tiger Manc
October 20, 2010, 04:55 AM
Athar: The crowd are going absolutely.........(5 seconds later)...........berserk!

max410
October 20, 2010, 06:35 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS REALLY:floor: FUNNY MAN

lamisa
October 20, 2010, 07:43 AM
his wife is a really nice lady.taught me sooo long ago but still remembers me,and also everyone else from my class..

hoax
October 22, 2010, 06:13 AM
his wife is a really nice lady.taught me sooo long ago but still remembers me,and also everyone else from my class..

didnt athar married toukir ahmed's sister?

lamisa
October 23, 2010, 09:44 AM
^^^i was talking about shamim