PDA

View Full Version : Individual Effort or Team Effort

Raynman
October 14, 2010, 11:03 AM
There is no questioning Shakib in this series win and opportunity to whitewash but I think whats been great about this series so far has been the team chemistry.

A items to think about

- No Mash, No Ash and No Tamim and we win 3 in a row (!). One would assume this would need a huge effort by Shakib which there was but his numbers weren't that much more that what he has done before which still resulted in losses

- Less dropped catches and great fielding stops. The team also seems to be enjoying playing with each other. The effort is greater. For Nazmul to go after that last ball on ODI #1 even when a boundary was still a win was good to see (unfortunately the injury wasn't).

- First ODI had all top order batsmen scroing in double digits. 2nd ODI had a record breaking opening stand and the 3rd ODI saw three 50+ partnerships. To me those stats are better to celebrate than Shakib's century or Shak and SN's half centuries.

- The wickets have been distributed well and no one has been totally mauled. It is nice to see the bowling changes instead of the predictable allocation of overs that was happening before regardless of situations

- The body language has been different. In many instances, certain players (I won't call out the specific ones as I don't want this to become a criticizing thread) were only in the game mentally (fielding or as a runner) if they were in the spotlight (batting or bowling).

I hope these changes are a sign of things to come and we can now become random series winners instead of random match winners.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 11:09 AM
80% Shakib
20% Rest

What has been good is the fielding has been excellent

crickwizard
October 14, 2010, 11:17 AM
when a match that close, it has to be a team effort. every action in the last few overs was crucial.

lamisa
October 14, 2010, 11:57 AM
^^^ditto!

roman
October 14, 2010, 12:02 PM
1st ODI Shakib effort
2nd & 3rd team effort

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 12:10 PM
1st ODI Shakib effort
2nd & 3rd team effort
3rd ODI is also Shakib effort. Team effort was there in first ODI too. /:)

roman
October 14, 2010, 12:33 PM
3rd ODI is also Shakib effort. Team effort was there in first ODI too. /:)
in 1st ODI shak won us that match.He was all over the place. in 3rd ODI the match was so close that it has to be a team effort bro.

_Rafi_
October 14, 2010, 12:40 PM
One exceptional performence cant win a match. It has to be followed by some little contribution of team mates. Shakib was exceptional for BD and others supported him well. They have done just what would have complimented Shakib's performence to get a win. Not more or not less but very precisely. Thats why it was a close match. For NZ Williamson played that innings but which was very poorly supported by his team mates.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 01:04 PM
in 1st ODI shak won us that match.He was all over the place. in 3rd ODI the match was so close that it has to be a team effort bro.
But 1st ODI went down the wire too, not as close as this, but still it was pretty close /:)
A 100 under pressure with wickets falling and 3 wickets. That is still Shakib's match. Team effort is required to win any game, but the game was setup nicely by shak and rest played second fiddle. Which was not the case in the 2nd ODI.

Fahim
October 14, 2010, 01:36 PM
if only they used the batting pplay overs effectively and wisely then they are complete! thats the only thing that bugged me so far.

Tanvir703
October 14, 2010, 01:41 PM
80% Shakib
20% Rest

^^^ This X 100

kiriket
October 14, 2010, 08:25 PM
to be fair its nothing to get carried on. bangladesh is having number of non-performers, poor choice of late order batsman. if sakib was not performing, bangladesh would surely lose 2 matches.

FagunerAgun
October 14, 2010, 08:32 PM
80% Shakib
20% Rest

Agree.

zainab
October 15, 2010, 06:27 AM
I am so happy to see that the fielding has improved under the new coach. With 3 more months to go before the WC, they will improve another 20 per cent, I am sure, but they must improve their throwing at the stumps. I hope to see the same kind of cricket as shown in the India match in the WC07. Now, 4 yrs later, they should be 50 percent better.
Now, if they can better their bowling and batting, then we can see them progressing to the super 8 stage.

aosaif
October 15, 2010, 09:04 AM
1st problem: junaid, rokibul and mushfiq failing to get any runs
2nd problem: terrible use of the powerplay. Lack of hitting power late in the order (Mahmudullah?)

zainab
October 16, 2010, 06:52 AM
With all the shortcomings, they have still managed to win a series victory, what would happen if all cylinders were up and running well.? I hope that they can have a better display in the the last ODI and dont depend on Shakib.

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 07:08 AM
80% Shakib
20% Rest

Agree, this must have come from your brain.

And in that 20% Rest= SN, Bowlers & Fielding 18% and Rest Batsmen 2%

Unfortunately in JS thread, your heart takes over your brain. And you start talking of improvement of the team batting under him.

shakibrulz
October 16, 2010, 07:10 AM
Agree, this must have come from your brain.

Unfortunately in JS thread, your heart takes over your brain. And you start talking of improvement of the team batting under him.
I was talking about not only this win, but overall improvement in batting in the Siddons thread.

WarWolf
October 16, 2010, 07:13 AM
I was talking about not only this win, but overall improvement in batting in the Siddons thread.
I thought the following was posted by you...

Originally Posted by shakibrulz
80% Shakib
20% Rest

meazz1
October 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
To win 3 matches back to back, there had to be a lot of things going right for the team. It is definitely a much better team effort than anything we have seen before.
We saw all 11 players in the field were hungry for the win all of the 3 days.

As usual, shakib putting his 110% and capitalize on all the opportunity presented infont of him with a team that hungry for win, I would say Shakib has done more than anyone expected, but to defend a total around 240s had to have contributions from all department.

For example, the run out by Naeem, great catches by Razzak and Shafiul in the 4th ODI were the turning points in that game.

I say all department clicked and Shakib made it possible.

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
what will u take

a. kane williamson century
b. bangladesh win

Zeeshan
October 16, 2010, 07:30 PM
^or..

Coventry 194*
BD win...

al-Sagar
October 16, 2010, 11:48 PM
^or..

Coventry 194*
BD win...

thats a better example, coventry alone took zim to a huge score

but a team effort where tamim well supported by co-batsman got us winning the game