PDA

View Full Version : Fountain deserves all the credits for the series win

Tanvir703
October 14, 2010, 01:28 PM
He's the best thing that happened to BD recently and its showing. Yes, our tigers showed a lot of confidence on the field and they're looking better then even but I'll have to say I've never seen them field like this before and it was on all 3 matches as well. And keep in mind we won the 1st and the 3rd match by only 9 runs which equals to only 3/4 misfields. So, Thank You Fountain and hope you can keep improving the tigers and we can see more frequent wins.

On a side note, Rubel and Shafi's been impressive too, especially Rubel. His line and length has been a lot better throughout this series. So, Thank you Pont. About time BCB did something right. Now lets AIM for a tigerwash!! :-D

mac
October 14, 2010, 01:51 PM
I have seen BD fielding like this before, but not in such consistent way. Thanks Mr. Fountain.
It's team effort, so credit goes to all the players, coaches and staffs.
Both Fountain and Pont have brought a new positive attitude in the team.

_Rafi_
October 14, 2010, 02:17 PM
That was OZ like fielding display! Shafiul head saving catch was brilliant. Rajjak took a stunner on crucial situation. We haven't drop any skier...took them comfortably. We threw ourselves after the ball everytime. Throws were good...Rubels throw on N. McCullum's body was baseball like. We also backed our throws well. Have I covered all?
But top of all freakish genius direct throw run out from Nayeem Islam. Wow that was unbelievable display of accuracy...Hitting the middle stump!

Tokai
October 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
Most important thing while fielding is not dropping the sitters and taking at least half of the half-chances.

I think we have done that in this series.

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 02:35 PM
Every time ball popped up, I started celebrating, instead of worrying. That's how confident I was on their fielding, after seeing them in the 1st 2 ODI.

But still a LOT more to improve. It's injustice to say we did a OZ like fielding, because it wasn't. It was good but we are not up there yet. But I am sure JF will take us there

(Lol, JF, JS!)

simon
October 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
thank u Jhorna,our fielding was simply unbelievable,the catch by Razzaq & NAeems through were brilliant.
BTW,I think Shafi is amazingly flexible,what a catch that was to get Brendon out.
:notworthy:

Sovik
October 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
If we could keep this standard up, we will have a decent world cup

al-Sagar
October 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
we can only improve and expect more in the zim series
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

cricket_pagol
October 14, 2010, 09:23 PM
The improvement in fielding is really noticeable and i get the feeling that players are becoming more professional and working harder than before!

Hats off to the new fielding coach, a proper staff can do wonders for the team. I hope the cricket academy and A teams gets a similar quality of staff.

Ananna
October 14, 2010, 10:22 PM
Mushy needs to improve his keeping.
Fielding was really impressive.

shakibrulz
October 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
I said that in the julien fountain thread.
Fielding was top notch, barring a few goof ups. Saved a heck lot of boundaries! Catching was too awesome (return catch and razzaks catch).
If they continue to field like this, more matches are coming their way!

ialbd
October 14, 2010, 10:58 PM
i see dramatic improvement in fielding.... and if this is Fountain's work then salute to him... keep up the impressive work....

lamisa
October 15, 2010, 05:01 AM
i STILL have a problem with our throwing at stumps,WHY do majority of the throws have to be wide of the bowler/keeper???and how come i am the only one who noticed this?

Baundule
October 15, 2010, 05:13 AM
The credit should be distributed like this:

1. Ask Lotus Kamal how much he wants, hopefully he is sensible enough not to take the 100% of it. Say, he takes 80%.

2. The next man in-line is the head coach JS. Ask how much he wants from that remaining 20%, say he is generous enough to take only 75% of it. So, still we have 5% of the total credit in the credit bank.

3. Distribute 80% of it to the remaining coaches and players in a democratic way. No mis-management will be tolerated.

4. The remaining (1% of the total) credit goes for the fans. We do deserve it the most.

magic boy
October 15, 2010, 05:23 AM
Fountain deserves all the credits for the series win

I agree. but so do Ian and few players as well

nahaz
October 15, 2010, 05:41 AM
The four coaches (Siddons, Pont, Fountain, Salahuddin), trainer, physio, every player in the squad and those like Mashrafee who got out through injury all deserve credit. We are talking about a series win here. Nobody could have done it by themselves. And of course, us fans for supporting them in the stadium and here...:-D

WarWolf
October 15, 2010, 08:30 AM
Players did the job. Oder keo ektu den bhai.

PoorFan
October 15, 2010, 08:43 AM
Excellent so far, staffs deserve the share of the credit.