PDA

View Full Version : Shafiul has got the courage of a real royal bengal tiger

BanArafath
October 14, 2010, 04:43 PM
You guys have to agree with me after you see the way Shafiul took the catch of Brendon McCullum and got a huge break through for Bangladesh team. Shafiul Islam doesn't afraid to go behind the line of his own bowling and stop the ball. MAN !!! What a catch that was !!! Just before he took the catch he got hit through the mid off for 4 but he tried to stop that ball desperately as well. He got the danger man BB McCullum twice in this ODI series and put Bangladesh on top.

http://www.videosprime.com/images/Cricket/BangladeshNewZealand14102010.JPG

Many Many thanks to Shafiul and whole Bangladesh cricket team for their fearless affort.

magic boy
October 14, 2010, 04:50 PM
[বাংলা]যাঁর বলে উইলিয়ামসন ওভাবে উড়ে গেলেন রকিবুলের হাতে, সেই শফিউলও নাকি শেষ ওভারে ছিলেন দারুণ আত্মবিশ্বাসী, ‘শেষ ওভারে ১৬ রান দরকার ছিল ওদের। জানতাম বাউন্ডারি মারতে না পারলে ওরা রানটা করতে পারবে না। ভালো জায়গায় বল ফেলাটাই তাই টার্গেট ছিল। এক এক করে নিলেও তো আর ১৬ হবে না...।’[/বাংলা]

link (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-15/news/101500)

Rifat
October 14, 2010, 04:52 PM
totally agree :)

on top of that, I was very very pleased With Rubel Hossain Today, normally, normally he is very very expensive. but today he was economical! his expensive wayward bowling is partially the reason why many a times we fail to defend targets like 296 or 255 on the same pitch.

again, a lot of credit goes to Ian Pont and Julian fountain.

BanArafath
October 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
May be Pont can increase the bowling speed of Shafiul and Rubel to make them a geniune fast bowler who would be able to bowl 90-95mph consistently. Pont claimed himself that he can train the bowlers to improve their bowling speed and he wrote book on that.

Let's see if he can make Shafiul and Rubel geniune fast bowlers because they allready have got good pace.

Dilscoop
October 14, 2010, 06:36 PM
totally agree :)

on top of that, I was very very pleased With Rubel Hossain Today, normally, normally he is very very expensive. but today he was economical! his expensive wayward bowling is partially the reason why many a times we fail to defend targets like 296 or 255 on the same pitch.

again, a lot of credit goes to Ian Pont and Julian fountain.

Ya, those middle overs with the old bowl was very crucial. He should've gotten at least 3 Maiden overs though. Last ball doubles/single, last ball 4 killed it for him.

FagunerAgun
October 14, 2010, 08:20 PM
He was really swift and gave his whole heart for this, for his country.

BanArafath
October 14, 2010, 08:58 PM
Look at Shafiul. He can jump like a tiger and fly like a bird if he wants to. LOL :great:

http://www.jugantor.info/enews/issue/2010/10/15/69219_1.jpg

Mahmood
October 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
Shafiul Islam doesn't afraid to go behind the line of his own bowling and stop the ball. MAN !!! What a catch that was !!!

Jhor e bok more, fokir er keramoti bare...

একের ভেতর দুই
নিজের কীর্তিতে মানুষ নাকি কখনো কখনো চমকে দেয় নিজেকেও। প্রচলিত কথাটার সত্যতা পাওয়া গেল কাল শফিউল ইসলামকে দেখে। শফিউলের ফুল লেংথ বল বোলার সোজা সজোরে মেরেছিলেন ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালাম। নিজেকে বাঁচাতে পড়িমড়ি করে হাত দুটো মুখের সামনে এনেছিলেন শফিউল, তাতেই আটকে গেল ক্যাচ। তরুণ পেসারের মুখে হাসি, চোখে অবিশ্বাস! এক কাজে হয়ে গেল দুই কাজ, নিজেকে বাঁচানোও হলো, প্রতিপক্ষের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ উইকেটেও পড়ল।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-15/news/101506

PoorFan
October 15, 2010, 08:34 AM
^ Still one of the hero and brave [bowling last over twice [NZ & ENG] for our win].

crickwizard
October 15, 2010, 08:54 AM
Shafilul got the gut and temperament. more importantly, he can think. He needs to be careful though- his bones are thin, to play longer and he must learn maintenance.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
From the photo above, Whats up with the trouser of Shuvo. Did he wear Mushfiq's trouser by mistake? <o:p></o:p>

PoorFan
October 15, 2010, 09:00 AM
^ Some religious guy tends to wear short from ankle.

nsd3
October 15, 2010, 09:08 AM
To be honest I'm a bit worried about his health (almost a skeleton) - hope his body muscles get as good as his bowling.

Habib
October 15, 2010, 09:52 AM
To be honest I'm a bit worried about his health (almost a skeleton) - hope his body muscles get as good as his bowling.

He's the Reaper.

Tiger Manc
October 15, 2010, 10:00 AM
Stunning catch!! Great courage and what a find!

roman
October 15, 2010, 10:09 AM
Jhor e bok more, fokir er keramoti bare...

একের ভেতর দুই
নিজের কীর্তিতে মানুষ নাকি কখনো কখনো চমকে দেয় নিজেকেও। প্রচলিত কথাটার সত্যতা পাওয়া গেল কাল শফিউল ইসলামকে দেখে। শফিউলের ফুল লেংথ বল বোলার সোজা সজোরে মেরেছিলেন ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালাম। নিজেকে বাঁচাতে পড়িমড়ি করে হাত দুটো মুখের সামনে এনেছিলেন শফিউল, তাতেই আটকে গেল ক্যাচ। তরুণ পেসারের মুখে হাসি, চোখে অবিশ্বাস! এক কাজে হয়ে গেল দুই কাজ, নিজেকে বাঁচানোও হলো, প্রতিপক্ষের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ উইকেটেও পড়ল।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-15/news/101506

I knew that catch was a "jhor e Bok", but i thaught Shafi will take full credit for it. So definitely Shafiul has the courage of a Tiger :-D

zainab
October 16, 2010, 06:47 AM
^ Still one of the hero and brave [bowling last over twice [NZ & ENG] for our win].

He also bowled that over against the Brits that gave Bd the ODI win, by getting Trott out. It is difficult to dislodge that batsman.
This young bowler has a lot of spirit and guts in him and he will emerge as a truly good bowler with the right coaching.

lamisa
October 16, 2010, 07:38 AM
that's why he's my favourite player!

BANFAN
October 16, 2010, 07:57 AM
He really has all the qualities of a true fast bowler. Just need good mentoring.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
October 16, 2010, 01:28 PM
Bangladesh should work on Fast bowlers... I think New Coach would help them ...Fast Bowlers need to be physically tough though... near 6ft ..6ft+ is better...and action wise should be easy rhythmic..
if we can find two bowlers who bowls at 140 km case with proper line and length, that would be full strength teams bowling dept.