PDA

View Full Version : Questions for next ICC Champions Trophy

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
Top 8 teams play this even.

1. When is the next one going to held?

2. Where?

3. When is the cut off date to decide which 8 teams will play?

4. How are each team compensated playing in that tourney?

+++
The Zim series is very important one. Can't lose a game. Also WI seems to visit SL in Dec. They can't win any!!! Come on SL.

wiseshah
October 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
yes, we need to beat zimbabwe in all matches, they are an improved side but we need some dedication

Murad
October 16, 2010, 12:47 PM
Wasn't it scrapped last year?

al Furqaan
October 16, 2010, 03:22 PM
was it scrapped Murad?

it will likely be scrapped since the ODI league is starting up...that is the general conscensus. basically no one really cares about this tournament, and that stupid world T20 thingamabob has pretty much replaced it as something fans like more.

in the event its still around, i think we will qualify as i don't think we're past any deadline. also, if we're tied with WI, how will that work? will there be some sort of tie breaker? a play-in game perhaps? how about making the CT a 9 team event, since the only reason 8 was chosen was because thats how many competitive teams there were.

btw, if we beat ZIM even 3-2, we should get more points than WI if they lose to SL 1-4. i haven't done the calculations, but thats how it should be.

Murad
October 16, 2010, 09:54 PM
Asad bhai, I am to so sure. But I heard something about scrapping it last year.

If they don't scrap it, then England will be hosting it in 2013.

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2010, 01:46 AM

btw, if we beat ZIM even 3-2, we should get more points than WI if they lose to SL 1-4. i haven't done the calculations, but thats how it should be.
I need your coolaid. Where do you buy it from?

Without calculating I can tell 3-2 zim series, and 1-4 SL series would put them over us if we are tied to start with. It seems we will still be a little far from WI. They need to visit us ASAP.

Baundule
October 17, 2010, 01:56 AM
If we move to #8, CL will contain 10 teams.

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2010, 01:57 AM
If we move to #8, CL will contain 10 teams.
You meant to say 7 teams round robin league, right? ;)

hoax
October 17, 2010, 02:33 AM
Do we need to play this trophy??..it was made a 8 team tournament so that they dont have to put up with bd and zim...so what if we achieve the no 8 spot...they dont want us there so we shouldn't go IMO

al Furqaan
October 17, 2010, 03:10 AM
I need your coolaid. Where do you buy it from?

Without calculating I can tell 3-2 zim series, and 1-4 SL series would put them over us if we are tied to start with. It seems we will still be a little far from WI. They need to visit us ASAP.

not so sure about that.

but its good that WI are NOT visiting us. they are in our WC group. their lack of familiarity with the conditions will be key for us to beating them in case we lose to India.

NZ and ZIM are not in our group, so they can tour us no problems.

in fact, we don't need to win the India game anymore. we can beat any of SA, WI, ENG at home IF we prepare the right kind of pitch.

Raynman
October 17, 2010, 07:47 AM
^^ I want our QF match in BD. The only way that doesn't happen is if we are #3 or #4 in our group and play SL in the QF.

I think IRE, NED and WI wins are must and I think SA and ENG are winnable also after this NZ series.

brockley
October 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Scrapped,replaced by the test championship in 2013.

Haru-party
October 17, 2010, 12:02 PM
not so sure about that.

but its good that WI are NOT visiting us. they are in our WC group. their lack of familiarity with the conditions will be key for us to beating them in case we lose to India.

NZ and ZIM are not in our group, so they can tour us no problems.

in fact, we don't need to win the India game anymore. we can beat any of SA, WI, ENG at home IF we prepare the right kind of pitch.

like that :D