PDA

View Full Version : Siddons the great!!!

Murad
October 17, 2010, 01:46 AM
Oh boy...he is the best!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2010, 01:48 AM
Selectors are greater!!

Habib
October 17, 2010, 01:50 AM
Lotus Kamal is the greatest of them all.

Baundule
October 17, 2010, 01:54 AM
Actually this time Siddons wants us to lose the match so that we can keep the hunger to win during the world cup.

Slightly off-topic: his boss Buchanan is appointed by the ECB as a consultant and the first thing he has done is crapping out Kevin Petersen (http://www.cricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/content/story/481725.html) :D

Bond
October 17, 2010, 01:56 AM
you are great, you opened a thread and the losing streak begins ;)

hoax
October 17, 2010, 02:02 AM
all hell the takla!!!:notworthy:

yaseer
October 17, 2010, 02:03 AM
Actually those (spinners) who does not have coach have performed best in the series so far :)

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 02:04 AM
Yeah let the siddons bashing begin.. :bravo:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Equinox
October 17, 2010, 02:52 AM
:lol: No credit throughout the series and as soon as there are signs of us losing it's all Siddons' fault. Classic anti-Siddons mentality. Looking at how NZ are crumbling 174 doesn't look too bad.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 03:02 AM
:lol: No credit throughout the series and as soon as there are signs of us losing it's all Siddons' fault. Classic anti-Siddons mentality. Looking at how NZ are crumbling 174 doesn't look too bad.

Yeah, the pitch has cracks like craters, and not to forget 2 decisions going against BD.

Siddons haters are unbelievable :lol:

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 03:10 AM
Murad<<<<<<JS:D

tiger_omar
October 17, 2010, 03:58 AM
Yeah, the pitch has cracks like craters, and not to forget 2 decisions going against BD.

Siddons haters are unbelievable :lol:

Agreed.

Where is BANFAN? A Siddons bashing thread without him seems so incomplete.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 04:08 AM
Agreed.

Where is BANFAN? A Siddons bashing thread without him seems so incomplete.
Will be here after NZ wins this :saint:

_Rafi_
October 17, 2010, 04:10 AM
Oh yes! Siddons says umpire to not give the easiest LBW of years! His any Riyad's loud appeal was not louder to convince umpire. He said Z to miss the catch of Vettori. He was the man behind to give Shakib out unfairly.

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 04:32 AM
What did our batters do in the series except Shakib? We won the series because of bowling and fielding, not batting.

This is unbelievable. Some ppl are ready to give all the credits of everybody to JS. Seems JS is playing in Shakib's disguise!!!

reyme
October 17, 2010, 04:37 AM
I blame the umpires, bunch of idiots, should be banned and jailed and then executed in firing squad using cricket balls!

Equinox
October 17, 2010, 04:40 AM
What did our batters do in the series except Shakib? We won the series because of bowling and fielding, not batting.

This is unbelievable. Some ppl are ready to give all the credits of everybody to JS. Seems JS is playing in Shakib's disguise!!!
This series has been low-scoring hence batting and fielding performances were more important. It is evident on both sides. NZ as well struggled badly with their batting. Yet other than Shakib averaging 70+, Imrul averaged 35 and SN averaged 30 at a high SR. Zunaed has had a bad series but before this series he had an excellent Asia Cup and was good in the UK tour. So his performance can be attributed to a funk. Siddons has proved that his team can score big in suitable conditions.

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 04:49 AM
@Equinox, In my previous posts I have written that he should get credit for some improvements in the batting. I don't have any problem in giving some one credit when it's due.

Some people here just love to show some improvements in some players' batting. But they fail to see that JS has been failing with some batsmen. Ash is out of the team. Raqibul is lost. Mushfiq is still very much inconsistent. Nayeem forgot to play shots. Riyad became a selfish batsman who plays only for average not for the team.

Having said that I seriously believe that he is doing something which can be considered as acceptable as a batting coach. My main problem is his loserish mentality and lack of vision as a coach. We discussed those points a lot of times. I am not repeating them here.

Miraz
October 17, 2010, 05:59 AM
Siddons should get due credit.

However, we must not forget batting remains messy as a whole with no startegy and clue to use powerplay.

It's the bowlers who are winning matches. Ian Pont should be also applauded for the transformation of pace bowlers.

Congrats to all the coaching staff!!

alibangali
October 17, 2010, 06:02 AM
It was siddons who bowled out Mills ;).

Baundule
October 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
What I hate about Siddons is not his technical ability (or the lack of it) or his ability to teach batting, bowling or even fielding; but his view on the team. He does not believe in the team, he does not believe in winning matches, he does not believe in the bowlers (has he ever praised a bowler?), he does not even praise batsmen except a few.

In this series we have showed what the team is capable of. I hope, Siddons himself does not consider this win as a fluke, rather he should take confidence on the team and plan for winning in the upcoming days.

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 06:13 AM
Oh boy...he is the best!!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Siddons should get due credit.

However, we must not forget batting remains messy as a whole with no startegy and clue to use powerplay.

It's the bowlers who are winning matches. Ian Pont should be also applauded for the transformation of pace bowlers.

Congrats to all the coaching staff!!

There is no need for "Pro and anti" siddons poll

alibangali
October 17, 2010, 06:16 AM
In this series we have showed what the team is capable of. I hope, Siddons himself does not consider this win as a fluke, rather he should take confidence on the team and plan for winning in the upcoming days.

Once he accepts this and becomes more positive and confident then he can blossom in to a decent coach for us.

Roni_uk
October 17, 2010, 06:39 AM
too soon .. too soon. We are lucky that NZ was so crap, otherwise 174 by our batsman was a sh*te score and no use of pp.

simon
October 17, 2010, 06:42 AM

:lol:

cricket_fanatic
October 17, 2010, 06:47 AM
Siddons-er bichar chai......ooops wrong thread?

Tiger-ess
October 17, 2010, 06:49 AM
To be honest the only real issue towards Jamie Siddons was/is the PP situation. you sort that and we have a pretty good coach in our hands. I never really understood why people damand Siddos to be sacked!

Ajfar
October 17, 2010, 06:50 AM
too soon .. too soon. We are lucky that NZ was so crap, otherwise 174 by our batsman was a sh*te score and no use of pp.

roni bhai this thread was opened right after our batting collapse lol
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

irteja
October 17, 2010, 06:53 AM
Siddons for President!

firstlane
October 17, 2010, 06:57 AM

I still hate him with passion.

zainab
October 17, 2010, 07:20 AM
The batting is still way below average, I watched the batting of the last ODI and batting was terrible with the exception of Shakib, should not have been given out, that catch was grassed, who is that jerk of a third umpire. I was upset that thay could not even score 200 runs. Bowling and fielding won them the match, but then runs on the board matters a great deal. I think that Siddons still has a lot of hard work to do before the WC.

Imtiazk
October 17, 2010, 07:36 AM

When we lose, we are crap. When we win , they are crap !!

Nasif
October 17, 2010, 07:37 AM
Siddons for President!

BD president doesn't have any power ;)

Imtiazk
October 17, 2010, 07:51 AM
BD president doesn't have any power ;)

Too many here, Siddons' only has power when we lose.

When we win, it was because of the "boys", when we lose, it was because of guess-who ?

cricman
October 17, 2010, 07:54 AM
The fielding Coach and the Bowling Coach deserve credit but don't think for a second that the players wouldn't run through a brick wall for Jamie.

He deserves alot of credit

Ashfaq
October 17, 2010, 07:56 AM
Any batting coach who could reduce Ash to what he is now can't be that good. Siddons did some good jobs with TI, Shak and even JS or IK. But I'll never forgive him for when he failed with Ash.

zman
October 17, 2010, 07:59 AM
^But even the great Tendulkar failed to inspire him. Some people just can't be helped because they don't try to help themselves.

Ash was never meant to be like Tendulkar, he's always been more like Afridi

tonoy
October 17, 2010, 08:00 AM
Ashfaq, you speak as though Ashraful was a world beater before Siddons era. The last I checked, Whatmore had four years to work on him, and he too has failed miserably. Could it perhaps just be that he is utter $hit?

riankhan
October 17, 2010, 08:13 AM
Ashfaq, you speak as though Ashraful was a world beater before Siddons era. The last I checked, Whatmore had four years to work on him, and he too has failed miserably. Could it perhaps just be that he is utter $hit?

Ditto bro

Kabir
October 17, 2010, 08:20 AM
Any batting coach who could reduce Ash to what he is now can't be that good. Siddons did some good jobs with TI, Shak and even JS or IK. But I'll never forgive him for when he failed with Ash.

I understand that Siddons is one of the worst when it comes to instilling belief in oneself, but Ash is one of those individuals that will not learn from anybody.

Kabir
October 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
Isn't it so common for us fans - once we win, everyone is so happy and goon-gaan gaite gaite hoyran. When we lose to weaker opponents, we all ask for the coach's head.

:lol:

Imtiazk
October 17, 2010, 08:29 AM

JS's greatest contribution of many has been to finally realise and execute what was clear to see: Ash was not upto it - he had to be discarded for the good of the team. Name is no longer enough. Performance matters !

Naimul_Hd
October 17, 2010, 08:29 AM
I am still not happy with Siddons few tactics specially with batting Power play and his special love for the drama queen Raqibul.

Razi
October 17, 2010, 08:37 AM
When we lose, we are crap. When we win , they are crap !!

Post of the month, signed.

B_IKHAN_71
October 17, 2010, 08:45 AM

so true when the teams doing good everthings happy go merry as soon as the players under perform its the coach`s fault ? how does that work out ? LOL
some people need to realize the effect jamies had on the players and accomplishments his achieved with the team( individually). Not to long ago a player scoring a decent score or even getting to three figures was seen once a blue moon and now look nowadays more and more batsmen are getting three figures on a frequent basis and not just the same ones either :-D
you just gotta applaud the australian for his contrbutions to bangladesh cricket :notworthy::notworthy:

Equinox
October 17, 2010, 09:18 AM
The fielding Coach and the Bowling Coach deserve credit but don't think for a second that the players wouldn't run through a brick wall for Jamie.

He deserves alot of credit
:up:
Doesn't matter what some random guys on the Internet think. The players love him and will fight for him.

Zobair
October 17, 2010, 09:25 AM
Bulls eye! Kudos to you (and cricman and Imtiazk et al) for still having the energy to state the obvious!

:up:
Doesn't matter what some random guys on the Internet think. The players love him and will fight for him.

lamisa
October 17, 2010, 09:46 AM
oh,the js discussions...they should be banned in BC!

BanCricFan
October 17, 2010, 09:57 AM
This doesn't change anything. Siddons still is a useless Head Coach.

Can't win a game without Tamim! How about a series and 4-0 too?!

Siddons needs to sort out the PP mess and drop his non-performing favourite son.

Ajfar
October 17, 2010, 10:07 AM
Equinox you spoke my mind. How come for the last 3 ODI there was no thread or anything regarding how was JS doing, but as soon we see that 174, its all siddons fault. How is it possible that when the team fails its all siddons fault, but when the team does something good its due to everyone else except him.

Ahsan
October 17, 2010, 10:11 AM

Spot on! Ashraful is a fluke, let's deal with it! Heck even if I play 200 matches I might score couple of hundreds;) If he is not a fluke, let him prove us wrong when he gets selected (I sincerely hope he never gets selected) again.

Fazal
October 17, 2010, 10:22 AM

Siddon has his own short coming and members are pointing those out, but Motin's short-coming has nothing to do with Siddon.

Has it ever occurred to you, it may not be coaches who are not at faults, but it may be Motin (and his super loyal fans) himself who may be the cause of his own problem?

There is reason why frustrated Dav even stopped talking with Motin. If McInnes would be the coach, Motin would be banned from coming closer than 100 yrd of BD team.

riankhan
October 17, 2010, 10:33 AM
Equinox you spoke my mind. How come for the last 3 ODI there was no thread or anything regarding how was JS doing, but as soon we see that 174, its all siddons fault. How is it possible that when the team fails its all siddons fault, but when the team does something good its due to everyone else except him.

As once being said: Coaches never seem to get the due creditability when a team does well.... rather get abused when does below expectations. Its the harsh truth and there are very few lucky ones alive in the kind.

Its been an informative debate, and enjoying.. :)

riankhan
October 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
There is reason why frustrated Dav even stopped talking with Motin. If McInnes would be the coach, Motin would be banned from coming closer than 100 yrd of BD team.

My eyes lit up when I saw his name. My searchbox always looks for the key word "Ash" ;)
Jekhane dekhibe chai.......

Back to the point:
If we could have used those efforts that Ash "Absorbed" from those coaches, to other young talents, we should have found atleast one more (if not many) stable batman in the lineup :(

_Rafi_
October 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
This thread actually converting Sid appreciation thread:-). No luck Murad Vai.
It disgust me most when our team do bad and some anti-Sid instantly open a thread about his failure. But when we won 4 in row against Nz no thanks/congratulatory/appreciation thread for Siddons by pro-Sid fans. Yet they say we are giving too much credit to the coach.

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 10:55 AM
Well, where was JS when we lost to the Associates?? We are still dry bleeding, aren't we???:mad:

al-Sagar
October 17, 2010, 11:24 AM

sheikh hasina ???

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 12:48 PM
ok, I am JS's biggest critic, but this is just stupid

auntu
October 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
He is the best coach we have so far.
Thanks JS. I hope you would mature more in course of time. :)

BD d best
October 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
salamalaikum..JS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cricket_pagol
October 17, 2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats to Siddons, coaching staff and the entire team. Everybody worked really hard, and with some success on their back and I think they will work even harder.

One World
October 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
No.
Batting was below par. Only intelligent bowling and some charismatic fielding which we never saw before the other two blokes joined us. So credit goes to where it is due.

Baundule
October 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
For Ash, he himself should be blamed the most, not Jamie Siddons. JS is a defensive coach who started his tenure with a conception (probably misconception) of our ability being very low. Ash was the best batsman at that time and his contribution could make a difference. Jamie Siddons tried to instill patience and reduce risk factor by cutting out shots from Ashrafuls book.

Actually Jamie misread Ash; he is what he is, you can not change him. He is like Sehwag who best contributes when he plays in his own style. When he clicks, it's great, when not, it looks ugly. But the guys like Sehwag and Ashraful are all about playing their natural game. As Sehwag has learnt to take responsibilities (in some extent), Ash was also learning. But Jamie gave him what he could not carry.

The result is, Ash became unsuccessful and was not willing to listen to Jamie any more. But the damage had already been done. Ash used to be in two minds, being afraid of failure not listening to the coach and eventually looked pathetic in most of the matches. Jamie seems to be a man with ego and did not hesitate to express his view about a non-listening student.

If the same would have been applied to Tamim or Shakib, we were not going to see any of them doing well. Fortunately for us, they are smarter than Ash to overcome the Jamie-effect and continue playing in their own style. Responsibility etc. come with time and confidence.

Feel sorry for Ash; but as an international player, you should be strong enough to overcome Jamie-effect, or you do not belong there. Watching an in-form Ash is the best one can get from Bangladesh cricket! I miss him.

magic boy
October 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
ok, I am JS's biggest critic, but this is just stupid

pechal kom.change your signature as you gave word! :p

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1219710&postcount=53

For some reason I keep forgetting we already won the series. Get rid of the 1st half.

If the game goes on, and we take 4-0, I will drop my sig.