amar11432
October 17, 2010, 05:58 AM
Last ball was indeed a Beauty.

alibangali
October 17, 2010, 06:00 AM
King of the Castle

cricket_fanatic
October 17, 2010, 06:06 AM
He was amazing today - hope he keeps the performance up!

Nocturnal
October 17, 2010, 06:06 AM
RBX >>>> anyone atm :-p

Purbasha T
October 17, 2010, 06:19 AM
Perfect end to the match and series!

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 06:21 AM
What a ball t finish it off.

Sohel
October 17, 2010, 06:23 AM
The figures speak for themselves ... :applause:

Murad
October 17, 2010, 06:27 AM
He has improved a lot. I love it.

dolcevita
October 17, 2010, 06:36 AM
Pont is doing good job , not like sri lankan coach
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

reyme
October 17, 2010, 06:36 AM
What a spell!

reyme
October 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
I like the fact tht Pont was on the sideline, being proactive.

irteja
October 17, 2010, 06:38 AM
What a Ball under pressure

Rubel Hossain to Mills, OUT, cleaned out!! Bangladesh win the series 4-0 and achieve what Athar Ali Khan has called the 'Banglawash'! Mills backed away, Rubel fired in a perfect yorker on leg stump and sent it cartwheeling. The players then chased madly after each other in wild celebration as New Zealand suffer complete ignominy

Tiger-ess
October 17, 2010, 06:42 AM
They say actions speak louder than words so for me,

Rubel Hossain = :-*:-*:-*

simon
October 17, 2010, 06:45 AM
Rubel is ready to lead our pace attack,he learned how to apply himself.
In these matches he bowled brilliantly at the beginning & at the end.
Proud of u Rubel.:flag:

Nasif
October 17, 2010, 06:55 AM
Rubel has been a revelation this series. Amazing control, and excellent line. Pace is bit slower; but I will take that instead of wayward deliveries. He is our definite 50th over bowler. No Mash please. The amount of determination that he showed today was just too good. He has everthing that a fast bowler needs; line, length, pace, aggression and now self-believe. Inshallah, he will only go upward from here.

Sohel
October 17, 2010, 06:59 AM
Rubel has been a revelation this series. Amazing control, and excellent line. Pace is bit slower; but I will take that instead of wayward deliveries. He is our definite 50th over bowler. No Mash please. The amount of determination that he showed today was just too good. He has everything that a fast bowler needs; line, length, pace, aggression and now self-belief. Inshallah, he will only go upward from here.

Impossible to say it any better than that.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 07:04 AM
By the way, mashrafe who? :D

roman
October 17, 2010, 07:08 AM
I think Mash's days are over. Well done Rubel. Credit should be given to Pont as well.

BASSMAN
October 17, 2010, 07:30 AM
Rubel has redeemed himself after giving away our series win to Sri Lanka. He has improved his bowling quite alot. But still more to go. Nice one Pont

shaad
October 17, 2010, 07:38 AM
Not to take anything away from his stellar contribution, but can we use Rubel in away (abroad) matches? Or will he be effective only on our home pitches?

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2010, 07:42 AM
Rubel >>> Shahadat now. In all format. The new coach is stamping his authority. Champaka did well with him as well. One has to have dedication and the wanting to learn and perform his best.

Best wishes to him.

PoorFan
October 17, 2010, 07:56 AM
Well done young man, enjoy your day and keep them coming.

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:24 AM
Absolutely beautiful!! What an amazing bowling spell. I can't believe you pulled it off!

capslock
October 17, 2010, 08:32 AM
Not to take anything away from his stellar contribution, but can we use Rubel in away (abroad) matches? Or will he be effective only on our home pitches?

If you have good control and can read match situations then it doesn't matter if you're bowling home or abroad.

Tiger444
October 17, 2010, 08:40 AM
Rubel has yet again performed this series..finally our expectations of him being a pace sensation is coming true..just shows once he's got his line and length down he's a very lethal bowler..With Rubel and Shafiul leading our attack now days are over where Mash can just walk in to the team..congratz to Rubel and hope he keeps improving..

BANFAN
October 17, 2010, 08:43 AM

I think he can, his ability to swing, reverse and york is not much dependant on the pitch conditiond. He should be doing the same in every condition.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 08:59 AM
If he looks can do this good in slow wickets like Bangladesh, he can do equally good in any conditions.

Tiger444
October 17, 2010, 09:00 AM
Rubel's actually done better in other conditions then in BD in ODIs..

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 09:05 AM
I wished he bowled more than 10 overs to watch more excellent bowling.

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 09:22 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/w1wp6r.jpg

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
He was reversing the ball as well :)

Can't wait for a test series to start now! :D

Ajfar
October 17, 2010, 10:18 AM
Can't wait for a test series to start now! :D

we will have to wait for a long time. I think next time we play test is after World Cup.

lamisa
October 17, 2010, 10:42 AM
congratzz rubel!!i am soooo happy that u made me eat my words!but then i am concerned,when mash if fit again,we will have to leave out either shafiul or him and i think that it will be shafiul the one to make way for mash:(:(:(...

al-Sagar
October 17, 2010, 11:17 AM
i really feel good for the lad. he bowled almost similar in the triseries when we beat SL.

then in the final he again bowled well until that over when murali got 20 of that one over.

i always believed one day he will comeback and win us a match and then he can forget those memories.

it was today. i am proud of u

Haru-party
October 17, 2010, 11:29 AM
By the way, mashrafe who? :D

ask shewag :lol:

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 11:38 AM
ask shewag :lol:
Sehwag gives his wicket to crappiest of the bowlers, so maybe a part timer?:-p

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
congratzz rubel!!i am soooo happy that u made me eat my words!but then i am concerned,when mash if fit again,we will have to leave out either shafiul or him and i think that it will be shafiul the one to make way for mash:(:(:(...

It's a good problem lamisa. As you know already pace bowlers are always suffering from injury, specially our bowlers.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

nycpro96
October 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
Rubel was just too good this series. Maybe the series that he needed to mature and become the bowler we all want to see.

al Furqaan
October 17, 2010, 04:34 PM
this was as fine a performance - for the whole series, mind you - that anyone could expect from a young 21 year old pace bowler. if Mohammad Aamir bowled thus, it would have been celebrated on a forum with the history of Imran, Waqar, Wasim, and Shoaib.

i don't think there has been as dominant a bowling performance in our ODI history as this one. the pressure. the accuracy. the momentum shifts. and through it all, defending the smallest of targets in this day and age, the fielding restrictions. he takes out 3 top order wickets, and all 4 of his scalps were players who could have won them the game: B Mccullum, Ryder, Williamson, and Mills.

and to uproot the stumps on the final ball: just emphatic and underlined what this series was all about.

DOMINATION.

AsifTheManRahman
October 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
Impossible to say it any better than that.
Indeed indeed. Nasif bhai is a man of greatness.

AsifTheManRahman
October 17, 2010, 04:52 PM
He was reversing the ball as well :)
He was reversing it like Mash could never even in his dreams. Cry babies shouldn't bowl in the death overs. Actually, cry babies shouldn't bowl at all unless they become men.

al-Sagar
October 17, 2010, 07:45 PM
i really feel good for the lad. he bowled almost similar in the triseries when we beat SL.

then in the final he again bowled well until that over when murali got 20 of that one over.

i always believed one day he will comeback and win us a match and then he can forget those memories.

it was today. i am proud of u

Nocturnal
October 17, 2010, 08:30 PM
got it from Kaler Kontho Bangla Daily: link (http://dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Food&pub_no=315&cat_id=1&menu_id=13&news_type_id=1&index=1)

[বাংলা]...... এমন দিনে ২০০৯-এর সেই ঘটনাকে স্রেফ 'দুর্ঘটনা' বলেই উড়িয়ে দিতে পারলেন।
অথচ দুর্ঘটনার ভয়েই নিজের একটা শখ ইতিমধ্যেই বিসর্জন দিয়ে ফেলেছেন রুবেল। ফাস্ট বোলারদের সাধারণত ঝড়ো গতির মোটরসাইকেলের প্রতি অনুরাগ থাকে। শোয়েব আখতার যেমন লাহোরের রাস্তায় ডুকাতি সিঙ্ হানড্রেড নিয়ে দাবড়ে বেরিয়ে শিরোনাম হয়েছেন অনেক। রুবেলের শখও এর ব্যতিক্রম নয়। কিছুদিন আগেই কিনেছেন ইয়ামাহা আর ফিফটিন মোটরসাইকেল। কিন্তু চালান না, কারণ 'ক্রিকেটারদের জন্য মোটরসাইকেল চালানোটা একটু ঝুঁকিরই। বিশেষ করে রানা ভাই (মানজারুল ইসলাম রানা) মারা যাওয়ার পর থেকে। আর ফিফটিন কিনেছি, তবে চালাই কম। চালালেও বেশি গতিতে নয়। এটা মূলত আমার ভাই চালায়।' ........ [/বাংলা]

hoax
October 17, 2010, 10:43 PM
when shuvo got 4 wickets everybody shouted shovo the best blah blah..then when he didn't batted that well every body said through this guy get nayeem in..now rubel the best blah blah..and if he does bad in zim series we will again shout through him out..will this mentality continiue?..u think we need to change 1st..let this guys play..dont praise them too much or dont through dart at them if they dont play well..IMO

ma_o_mati
October 18, 2010, 12:02 AM
when shuvo got 4 wickets everybody shouted shovo the best blah blah..then when he didn't batted that well every body said through this guy get nayeem in..now rubel the best blah blah..and if he does bad in zim series we will again shout through him out..will this mentality continiue?..u think we need to change 1st..let this guys play..dont praise them too much or dont through dart at them if they dont play well..IMO

that's the harsh reality my friend...you are judged by your performance...kind of like reward and punishment...every player goes through it...consistency is required at a minimal level...gone are the days when one would perform once in a while and secure their place...nowadays u are not allowed to have too many bad days...before 2007, shakib and tamim werent even in the team...now they are permanent through their consistency...we need few more like that...

shakibrulz
October 18, 2010, 12:05 AM
And Rubel's consistency has been pretty good recently (in this series and before). Always rated him high. But I think Shafiul is not bowling upto his potential, he can be much better than this.

Zeeshan
October 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
I must say it was a bit of gamble from Shak's part to let Rubel ball instead of Shuvo in the last over. But oh well it turned out to be a gambit quite worthwhile. (Again not to take anything away from him.)

Edit: Finally agree with Asad bhai though that all match winning team requires a fast bowler. Mills was completely outpaced in the last delivery. Some other batsman wouldn't have exposed his stumps so bad and go for singles.

lamisa
October 19, 2010, 09:51 AM
this rubel atleast has some muscles,what about shafiul?whenever he's taking his run-up,i feel that a strong gust of wind will blow him away from the stadium!

shakibrulz
October 19, 2010, 10:04 AM
I must say it was a bit of gamble from Shak's part to let Rubel ball instead of Shuvo in the last over. But oh well it turned out to be a gambit quite worthwhile. (Again not to take anything away from him.)

Edit: Finally agree with Asad bhai though that all match winning team requires a fast bowler. Mills was completely outpaced in the last delivery. Some other batsman wouldn't have exposed his stumps so bad and go for singles.

And some here say that shakib dont trust pacers! The way rubel bowled, i thought he was an automatic choice for that last over. Powerplay was on so always fast bowler is the best bet.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

MohammedC
October 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Everytime I look at the thread title I feel like asking.
Is Rubel a beauty or is he a beast ?