PDA

View Full Version : The post 2010 NZ ODI series Siddons poll

Spitfire_x86
October 17, 2010, 08:12 AM
Options are as simple as it gets. If you are truly neutral, you don't have to vote.

Zeeshan
October 17, 2010, 08:16 AM
I got converted.

Tiger Manc
October 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
Definitely pro siddons

Zunaid
October 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
Still sitting on the fence and damn that's starting to hurt.

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
neutral.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Miraz
October 17, 2010, 08:28 AM
It's not about pro-Siddons or ant-Siddons. It's about analysing whther he is doing enough to improve our team and in particular batting. he should get the fair share of credit and at the same time he should be criticised for the consistent failure of the batting unit.

Relevant and that's why reposting here. I think this sums up the feeling of most of the fans who often criticise Siddons.

I am again saying Siddons should get due credit, but have you noticed the impact of Pont and Fontain?

They made immediate impact after joining the coaching staff. Fielding has been great except couple of blushes today. Bowling department looked completely different. The pace bowlers suddenly looked threatening.

Despite having a a batting coach in Siddons for the last 3 years, we could not see such impact in our batting department. Not to mention the overall strategy to the game. We could only muster 240 once in the series, yet we managed to win 4-0. Nobody except Shakib and to some extent Imrul was consistent with batting. This speaks volume about the impact of Pont and Fontain, and the contribution of bowling and fielding towards winning the series.

Similar scores with the typical shoddy fielding and radarless bowling would have seen the score line 4-0 in favour of New Zealand.

Siddons should now believe in the abilities of his boys and stop saying words like "We can only win if Tamim can score 150 or give a great start". he must change his strategy towards the game.

174 or 220 will not always win us games. Bowlers are doing their bit, which they were struggling before. Fielders are coming to the party. Now it's the BIG responsibility of Siddons to make the batting unit consistent. AND that includes proper use of the powerplay overs.

I rest my case.

BANFAN
October 17, 2010, 08:52 AM
Why should we be pro or anti siddons?

Is there any point to credit him individually?

Yes, a rotten egg in a basket, always gets sold.

MohammedC
October 17, 2010, 08:58 AM
Always been pro.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

mafizraju
October 17, 2010, 09:30 AM
I am again saying Siddons should get due credit, but have you noticed the impact of Pont and Fontain?

They made immediate impact after joining the coaching staff. Fielding has been great except couple of blushes today. Bowling department looked completely different. The pace bowlers suddenly looked threatening.

Despite having a a batting coach in Siddons for the last 3 years, we could not see such impact in our batting department. Not to mention the overall strategy to the game. We could only muster 240 once in the series, yet we managed to win 4-0. Nobody except Shakib and to some extent Imrul was consistent with batting. This speaks volume about the impact of Pont and Fontain, and the contribution of bowling and fielding towards winning the series.

Similar scores with the typical shoddy fielding and radarless bowling would have seen the score line 4-0 in favour of New Zealand.

Siddons should now believe in the abilities of his boys and stop saying words like "We can only win if Tamim can score 150 or give a great start". he must change his strategy towards the game.

174 or 220 will not always win us games. Bowlers are doing their bit, which they were struggling before. Fielders are coming to the party. Now it's the BIG responsibility of Siddons to make the batting unit consistent. AND that includes proper use of the powerplay overs.

I rest my case.

I think you are giving too much credit to pont and fountain. I am sure given time they will contribute heavily as well. But the idea that a coach can improve in a month is a myth. To support that ask any players - rubel, shafiul, mashrafee, riyad- all mentioned over last week or two that these new coaches have not had time to work extensively. they worked on only some very immediate work. Surely they deserve some credit, but you forgetting that siddons gave a lot more time to the bowlers during the practice session until bowling coach joined.

For your second point, surely some of our batsmen are not getting runs, and siddons has mentioned that to be worrisome, despite the team taking the series. But if you can remember Riyad, Mushy and Junaid were scoring more consistently up until the england's tour in Bangladesh early this year. They have struggling with their form.

Cricket is a game of bat, bowl and of field. You can always argue, regardless that we may be brilliant in one department, but disgusting performance in another department can always cause you the game. I do not see your argument in this regard to be objective.

For the game Siddons made that comment bangladesh were chasing exceptionally high score, which they have not done ever. So if the top run getter of the team can give you an exceptional innigs, you can always chase down that sort of score. Do you remember what happened for the 150+ runs tamim scored for once in ODI? Siddons was very well justified, and was realistic.!!

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 09:46 AM
I got converted.
:-D

lamisa
October 17, 2010, 10:11 AM
pro siddons through and through!

Tiger-ess
October 17, 2010, 10:15 AM
Pro siddons. Always have been and always will be. But sometimes I just like to know what goes on inside his head :|

Nadim
October 17, 2010, 10:21 AM
V1 Siddons Poll:http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=33891

Result: Pro-Siddons: 46 votes. Anti-Siddons: 26....Pro-Siddons win ning by 20 votes

V3 Siddon's poll: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=33971

Results: Pro-Siddons: 30. Anti-Siddons: 52....Anti-Siddons winning by 22 votes

V3 Siddon't poll: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=34571

Results(yet to finish): Pro-Siddons:17. Anti-Siddons:1....Pro-Siddons lead by 16 votes.

What is actually going on? Make up ur mind guys rather than changing it every time:-p:timeout:

I wish voters name were visible:waiting:

mahbubH
October 17, 2010, 09:34 PM
as always ... pro

AsifTheManRahman
October 17, 2010, 09:57 PM
Still sitting on the fence and damn that's starting to hurt.
Same here. In fact, I'm indifferent as always. I don't want him to get fired, just kicked on the butt when the team isn't scoring, or winning.

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 10:07 PM
You take out the bowling and fielding performance, there is nothing else to talk abot. Nothing special to talk about on the batting unit as a whole. Everyone failed (except Shakib).

And you take out the fielding performance- impressive change and w/e bowling improvement there was, there is no way in hell we were gonna win 4-0 with that kinda batting performance. If you take out all those catches and plays they made during the series, there is no way we could have defended those low total. Just like we couldn't all year long. But all of a sudden we did, and won the whole series with those kind of total. I wonder why. No I dont. You saw how badly it was when Siddique dropped a simple catch at slips? It almost cost us the game. But when we are facing a better team, they won't give chances like that. And even if we are capable of taking wickets or catches we might fail to defend 220.

I mean what's there to talk about in batting unit? We failed to bat out 50 overs, even though that seems to be JS's main goal. We have not posted a decent total up on the board. Nothing over 250, even though at one point it was get able. We are yet to fix our batting PP calling, it's been almost a year. We are still wait until it's mandatory, rather than calling it at the right time.

All and all batting unit has been the same, nothing new, we won the series in defense - fielding and bowling, which changed pretty much drastically.

Currently, I am still an ANTI-JS. I just want him to fix these things. Nothing against JS. Just like Mr. Miraz said.

BTW, look how I kept my promise. (sig)

Alchemist
October 17, 2010, 10:08 PM
It's a shame to see that a lot of us are forgetting to see (or remember) that Siddons is/was clueless as a head coach.

No visible batting power play strategy, inflexible batting order and unability to assess the bowlers true ability are a few major issues that Siddons still have.

He may be a good batting coach, but to my opinion he did a lot of damage to our team as a head coach.

I'd rather say it's Shakib, Mashrafe, Tamim (from dressing room) and Salahuddin (from coaching staff) with their positive influence in the team should get more credit than Siddons for this series win.

To answer to the poll: Anti-Siddons I am (always has been).

magic boy
October 17, 2010, 10:53 PM
gotta say something.

they way we are praising our coaches as if its all about them. here and there, through facebook/twitter.It seems like they are the main reason of this win.The coaches are indeed good and better than those of before.But we should neither worship them for success nor hate them for defeats.Those were the days when our cricketing structure wasn't strong enough.Foreign coaches,officials helped a lot to be praised wholeheartedly.But see it should be the captain who fought in the field,changed his strategy according to the condition of the match.the other players worked by his direction.and we won. Steve Waugh,Shourov Ganguly,Ricky Ponting are all such kind of staff.They are also under a coach.But unlike us their fans gave them more credit than their coach.

to simplify my point, it sounds like typical Bangladeshi guardians' too much depending on private tutor whereas its all about the student who has to study and cut good result with his own effort. Teachers are only there to help him on some occasions.

having said that, I must thank Siddons for his contribution.there is nothing to hate him. he is doing fine.

Its Bangladesh cricket team mostly who is earning win for the country. not any special super duper coach.period.

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 10:59 PM
^^ Oh okay, I guess Razzak would have taken that over the shoulder catch any other day, we should not give the credit to our fielding coach JF. Then how come we have a thread in BC, listing drop catches, and up until this series, we had at least 3 drop catches for every match.

Dude, I hate to say this, but for us, it IS a lot about coaches, if not everything. As we are young, we have a lot to learn and improve. We are no Sachin, Sehwag, McGrath, Warne. They can say it's not the coach.

Sohel
October 17, 2010, 11:11 PM
Not on the fence on this one. Anti-Siddons all the way. That being said, as long as we keep winning, thanks largely to positive players who don't seem to listen to him, I have no issues with him coat-tailing himself into the credits. Sadly such accountability tends to be unilateral and unidirectional. Fudge Siddonitis and the resultant sissyfication.

al-Sagar
October 17, 2010, 11:19 PM
It's not about pro-Siddons or ant-Siddons. It's about analysing whther he is doing enough to improve our team and in particular batting. he should get the fair share of credit and at the same time he should be criticised for the consistent failure of the batting unit.

Relevant and that's why reposting here. I think this sums up the feeling of most of the fans who often criticise Siddons.

I rest my case.

Not on the fence on this one. Anti-Siddons all the way. That being said, as long as we keep winning, thanks largely to positive players who don't seem to listen to him, I have no issues with him coat-tailing himself into the credits. Sadly such accountability tends to be unilateral and unidirectional. Fudge Siddonitis and the resultant sissyfication.

all i wanted to say has been elaborated above. so nothing to add. still i am anti-siddons.

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 11:24 PM
He has to make ONE call, and ONE call only. Batting PP, and he still can't make that decision. He wants us to bat out 50 overs, but he doesn't realize, we are unable to do that, because we are not calling the BPP at the right time!

tkandi4
October 17, 2010, 11:40 PM
About Batting PP, it is hard to believe that JS doesn't understand it. Maybe, just maybe, he knows that we are not capable of handling it and will go back to old habit of 'jharu mara' which he trying to change. Besides in the last game, after Sakib got out, there was no need for it as the field was setup like BB play.

On another mater, couldn't Sakib took at given the situation?

_Rafi_
October 18, 2010, 12:05 AM

so positive players like Shakib, Zunaed, IK not listening Siddons. This is becoming Khaleda-Hasina like excuse. Shame!

Rifat
October 18, 2010, 12:15 AM
I wonder if people will still be pro siddons or anti siddons after Bangladesh wins the World cup? :lol:
I know very little about cricket, my opinion probably doesn't count for anything. so not gonna vote ;)

M.H.Rubel
October 18, 2010, 01:07 AM
In Yesterdays post match interview Shakib said that we did well in the fielding and our bowlers did very well in the bowling department but still we need to improve our batting there are some gaps in the batting departments we need to fix those things.
In the last 2 or 3 series it was clear and we were very worried about our bowling,even in our forum we talked lot about understrength of our bowling.So its clear that improvement of bowling,fielding and overall instillation of winning mentality was the main reason behind this massive victory.So its clear who played the main role.
Regarding JS sorry i cant say he is a good head coach material.He have lacking about modern day cricket.

M.H.Rubel
October 18, 2010, 01:10 AM

I rest my case.

Agreed with your thoughts Miraz.

beshideshi
October 18, 2010, 03:50 AM
Been always a pro-siddons. And this series has done the least to change my mind.

mahbubH
October 18, 2010, 04:27 AM
Probably Chacha had some bad influence on our players... when he left we started to win. If Pont and/or Fountain can do the the miracle, Chaha's leaving must have some relation with this winnings.

ashraful1
October 18, 2010, 04:33 AM
Pro Siddons all the way

lamisa
October 18, 2010, 05:52 AM
yea,it's al chacha's fault.maybe he was beng inspirational by saying,eita harsos toh ki?porertaa jitbi..but never tried hard with the boys in the field

yaseer
October 18, 2010, 06:01 AM
^^ Chacha was probably doing the politics to become the head coach ;)

WarWolf
October 18, 2010, 06:43 AM
Basically I agree with what Miraz bhai said. Though voted for anti-siddons. This is basically due to his poor accountability as a head coach.I still believe he doesn't give his 100% for our team. He is doing a casual job, he could have done much better.

He has another tendency of foul talking. This is some times really nagging.

Spitfire_x86
October 18, 2010, 08:09 AM
The anti-Siddons group often attribute success of regular performers to "not listening to Siddons". If that's the truth, then I guess Siddons has nothing to do with our terrible PP strategy. Ultimately it's the captain who signals for PP. Shakib obviously doesn't listen to him, and Mashrafee is not exactly known as Siddon's boy either.

WarWolf
October 18, 2010, 08:24 AM
The anti-Siddons group often attribute success of regular performers to "not listening to Siddons". If that's the truth, then I guess Siddons has nothing to do with our terrible PP strategy. Ultimately it's the captain who signals for PP. Shakib obviously doesn't listen to him, and Mashrafee is not exactly known as Siddon's boy either.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
The term "Not listening to him" came here for personal playing style. Shakib or Tamim didn't change their batting styles listening to JS. But PP type of decisions come from whole team management which is led by JS.

Raynman
October 18, 2010, 08:29 AM
I have nothing personal against Siddons but I fail to see any strategy or motivation in his approach. I don't like the negative approaches to the game and in the media and the inconsistancy in the logic of who to defend and who to throw under the bus after losses. His ignorance/inability/disrespect towards aggressive batting which is a must for ODIs and T20s are concerning.

The NZ 4-0 result was above and beyond my expectations (I thought we should win 2 with our abilities) so no denying the credit due to him in his role for that. However, as pointed out earlier the Fountain and Pont have shown that coaching can give quick results towards an upswing instead of having to hit rock bottom first.

I hate to classify myself as an anti-Siddons as my stance is pro-Bangladesh and if I felt Siddons was the guy I would be whole heartedly behind him. For the purposes of this poll, I guess I classify as anti-Siddons.

mac
October 18, 2010, 08:40 AM
neutral.

_Rafi_
October 18, 2010, 09:53 AM
neutral.

what does neutral mean? Siddons thakuk or chole jak amar kicu ase jai na?
Pro Siddons: He is doing ok and he should stay
Anti Siddons: Ja beta taklu vag!

Rabz
October 18, 2010, 10:02 AM
I've always been a pro(ish) siddons.
Not a huge supporter of evrything he does, but never been an anti anti.

Credit should be given where it is due.

Tokai
October 18, 2010, 10:05 AM
Where is the not sure option?

Mahmood
October 18, 2010, 10:07 AM
Siddons is a good batting coach, no doubt, but he may not be a good head coach, I have not yet seen anything to prove that.

However, he was the best choice we could get to come work in Bangladesh, until we have a better choice, he will have to do. Hopefully after the coming world cup huge success of reaching finals, we will have many cricket brains show interest in Bangladesh.

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 10:09 AM
These are the pro pro Siddons party after loosing against the dutch

ahnaf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10262), bujhee kom (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5430), deshprem (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10334), Equinox (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9007), FaHiMa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4820), fsally (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3840), hoodlum (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3785), Imtiazk (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2456), laki (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1201), lamisa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6596), mafizraju (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=548), MohammedC (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4641), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nasim (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1108), Peace (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8738), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), Sumon77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1794), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), wasi90lkv1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9824), Zobair (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=11)

These are the anti siddons party after the dutch game

ahmedjamil (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10251), Alchemist (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10058), alibangali (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8857), Ananna (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9437), Awla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10174), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BANFAN (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4373), BanglaCool (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=543), BangladeshFan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=500), Baundule (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=832), brockley (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5721), Catskills (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8656), chotpoti (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10350), dark mage (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9266), Dilscoop (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10030), Eshen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5842), FagunerAgun (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2153), Faisal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=383), I_Knockout_U (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2235), jahidus200 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3814), Kabir (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2987), M.H.Rubel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9376), metallian (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1663), mij (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=781), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), Murad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2829), nadim 98 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8373), Naimul_Hd (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8459), nasimul (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=794), offstump (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6637), pocha (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3933), Raynman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7063), RazabQ (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=349), Razi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7174), reyme (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=505), Rizzy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10377), rockNrolla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9957), salin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1446), shabbir (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2037), shakibrulz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10291), shuziburo (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4598), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), Sohel NR (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4682), Tiger444 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6947), tonoy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3780), towhid166 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9220), view360 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3036), WarWolf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3826), yaseer (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=724), zainab (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5771), ZeeshanM (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7191), zmahbub (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2172)

below you have true anti anti party. They will not change their side even if we win another series. (after NZ series)

Alchemist (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10058), BANFAN (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4373), Catskills (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8656), Dilscoop (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10030), FagunerAgun (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2153), hoax (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10586), M.H.Rubel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9376), offstump (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6637), Raynman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7063), Sohel NR (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4682), WarWolf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3826)

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 10:14 AM
neutral.

what does neutral mean? Siddons thakuk or chole jak amar kicu ase jai na?
Pro Siddons: He is doing ok and he should stay
Anti Siddons: Ja beta taklu vag!

No Rafi it means Shubida badi party.

Ajfar
October 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
The term "Not listening to him" came here for personal playing style.

well if that's the case then why are they blaming JS for Ashraful's disappearance?

Spitfire_x86
October 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
Where is the not sure option?
That option is not voting (mentioned in the first post)

Spitfire_x86
October 18, 2010, 11:11 AM
People are talking about the immediate impact Pont and Fontane had on the team, while forgetting the 1st test we played under Siddons (http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/current/match/300429.html)

Murad
October 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
People are talking about the immediate impact Pont and Fontane had on the team, while forgetting the 1st test we played under Siddons (http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/current/match/300429.html)

Shaun Williams was the coach back then, No? JS went to meet the team for the first time.

TI and ZS scored 50s without his help.

I'm not against him as a batting coach but don't like him as the head coach. he's too defensive. I hope he learns the art of head coaching soon, which he couldn't learn in last 2.5+ years.

Ajfar
October 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
^ No Murad bhai that was his first assignment as our head coach.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

RazabQ
October 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
Neutral. PP strategy still sucks. Roqibul being around - sucks.

alibangali
October 18, 2010, 01:39 PM
I don't like his negative approach and poor batting strategies. I don't feel like he is the right head coach for us but now that he has the right coaching staff and decent players he has no where to hide. I will reserve my judgement until after the WC.

Miraz
October 18, 2010, 03:21 PM
Can't vote on this poll. There is no point of being anti-Siddons with World Cup cricket just few months away.

Still don't like his overall strategy to the game, too unimaginative, batting is too inconsistent, no noticeable improvment in batting of players like Roqibul, Riyad, Mushfiq and Naeem who are capable but failing to deliver consistently. Callous powerplay strategy.

Do I support Siddons leading up to the world cup? Yes, definitely. I hope he realises about the team potential from this series win, be more positive and take Bangladesh to the super sixes.

Do I want Siddons after the world cup is over? No. I would like someone with more positive mindset and understanding of modern cricket. Someone like Trevor Bayliss or Tom Moody.

Dilscoop
October 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
He needs another staff in his crew. A strategist. Some who will make all the plans and stuff.

He than needs a head coach. And once we start doing well, you JS-fans can give him all the credit and kiss his feet and everything.

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 05:17 PM
Do I want Siddons after the world cup is over? No. I would like someone with more positive mindset and understanding of modern cricket. Someone like Trevor Bayliss or Tom Moody.

Tom Moody: Gave up SL coaching job because of family commitment.
Trevor Bayliss: I dont think he will live SLC to join BCB.

I will wait till the WC2011 is over. Lets see what happens. Until then I am pro pro Siddons.

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 05:19 PM
He needs another staff in his crew. A strategist. Some who will make all the plans and stuff.

He than needs a head coach. And once we start doing well, you JS-fans can give him all the credit and kiss his feet and everything.

I dont kiss anyones feet. And please show respect to fellow BC-ites.

Miraz
October 18, 2010, 05:42 PM
Mohammed bhai, I mentioned Trevor Bayliss and Tom Moody as I like their style of coaching. I want someone like them, emphasis is on the word "like".

MohammedC
October 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
Mohammed bhai, I mentioned Trevor Bayliss and Tom Moody as I like their style of coaching. I want someone like them, emphasis is on the word "like".

Its a big task if you want someone like them since you wont get them. Who would be your candidate?

Little something I learnt about Trevor Bayliss few months back while watching SL game, probably agianst the Indian. Apparently he keeps himself away from media and gets along with his duty, which is a good thing. But It will be difficult to stay away from Bangladesh media.

riankhan
October 18, 2010, 06:35 PM
And once we start doing well, you JS-fans can give him all the credit and kiss his feet and everything.

We are rightfully expressing our point of views. Nothing wrong with that. I criticize and praise JS where and when I think its due. It doesn't point to "kissing his feet"!!
There are better ways Dil. Cooldown.

Alchemist
October 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
These are the pro pro Siddons party after loosing against the dutch

ahnaf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10262), bujhee kom (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5430), deshprem (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10334), Equinox (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9007), FaHiMa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4820), fsally (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3840), hoodlum (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3785), Imtiazk (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2456), laki (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1201), lamisa (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6596), mafizraju (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=548), MohammedC (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4641), Nasif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=42), nasim (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1108), Peace (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8738), Spitfire_x86 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=921), Sumon77 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1794), Tigers_eye (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1743), wasi90lkv1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9824), Zobair (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=11)

These are the anti siddons party after the dutch game

ahmedjamil (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10251), Alchemist (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10058), alibangali (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8857), Ananna (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9437), Awla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10174), Bancan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2394), BANFAN (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4373), BanglaCool (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=543), BangladeshFan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=500), Baundule (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=832), brockley (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5721), Catskills (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8656), chotpoti (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10350), dark mage (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9266), Dilscoop (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10030), Eshen (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5842), FagunerAgun (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2153), Faisal (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=383), I_Knockout_U (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2235), jahidus200 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3814), Kabir (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2987), M.H.Rubel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9376), metallian (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1663), mij (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=781), Miraz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2219), Murad (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2829), nadim 98 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8373), Naimul_Hd (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8459), nasimul (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=794), offstump (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6637), pocha (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3933), Raynman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7063), RazabQ (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=349), Razi (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7174), reyme (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=505), Rizzy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10377), rockNrolla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9957), salin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1446), shabbir (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2037), shakibrulz (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10291), shuziburo (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4598), SMHasan (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=1631), Sohel NR (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4682), Tiger444 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6947), tonoy (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3780), towhid166 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9220), view360 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3036), WarWolf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3826), yaseer (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=724), zainab (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=5771), ZeeshanM (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7191), zmahbub (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2172)

below you have true anti anti party. They will not change their side even if we win another series. (after NZ series)

Alchemist (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10058), BANFAN (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4373), Catskills (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=8656), Dilscoop (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10030), FagunerAgun (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2153), hoax (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=10586), M.H.Rubel (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=9376), offstump (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6637), Raynman (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=7063), Sohel NR (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4682), WarWolf (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3826)

Epic digbazi by most of the fellow BC members.............no wonder why the two begums are still rulling Bangladesh..........

Changing minds like this won't take us anywhere.....and this is one of the main reasons why we suck as a country.......just look at the commonwealth games performance by our athletes.....

Rifat
October 18, 2010, 07:51 PM
^^^reality check:

Only Allah knows truth.

rest of us are clueless most of the time :D

Naimul_Hd
October 18, 2010, 10:51 PM
only 3 months left for WC and JS will remain till WC.

Only question remains is, should BCB renew his contract after WC or not ? and to answer this question, we need to wait till WC.

On the other hand, I read somewhere that JS is looking to be coach one of IPL teams after his contract with BCB. So, i guess, he himself thinking that BCB wont renew his contract or vice versa.

Naimul_Hd
October 18, 2010, 10:59 PM
Epic digbazi by most of the fellow BC members.............no wonder why the two begums are still rulling Bangladesh..........

haha....i knew it was coming !

I still anti siddons when it comes to Batting. but now looking at the combination of Pont, Fountain and Siddons, it seems that the picture of whole team is changing gradually. The chemistry of these 3 coaches are getting better and better (based on what i read and see in the media).

So, right now, i am very much undecided whether we should stick to this new coaching combo or should we opt for replacement of JS (assuming both Pont and Fountain will be there after WC)

M.H.Rubel
October 18, 2010, 11:19 PM
JS is a head coach who needs a fielding coach,bowling coach,assistane coach and a mangere with good cricketing knowledge to support him.After getting all those still the head coach mess it up.So i am in fear he may ask for a batting coach shortly.
LOL.

billah
October 18, 2010, 11:23 PM
Spitty: Timing of this poll is as populist as the previous anti-Siddons one. Anyone can predict the landslide on the "Yes for JS". Too too early. The bias is built-in.

alibangali
October 19, 2010, 03:42 AM
^^^reality check:

Only Allah knows truth.

rest of us are clueless most of the time :D

+1, I agree with you bro.

BANFAN
October 19, 2010, 04:27 AM
Changing minds like this won't take us anywhere.....and this is one of the main reasons why we suck as a country.......just look at the commonwealth games performance by our athletes.....

No wonder, these guys always fail to show a reason what JS is doing good. Winning was something JS always preached against. He even called the people fools for thinking of winning. But now we like to credit him for winning, even though batting wise we are still strugling.

simon
October 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
the success of this series doesn't hv much to do with Siddons,I will rather thank the fielding coach,some credit to the bwlng coach & all players for their hard work.:)

ahnaf
October 23, 2010, 09:45 AM

dont know why.. Sorry 2 say... This guy have some problem..

PoorFan
October 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
I want result and result only, no matter which idiot is working with.

Eshen
October 24, 2010, 11:14 PM
Well, Trevor Bayliss is quitting the Sri Lankan job after the WC'11, so that he can spend more time with his family in Sydney. May be BCB should make an attempt to convince him move his family to Dhaka.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports/Story/A1Story20101025-244014.html

Eshen
October 24, 2010, 11:57 PM
BTW, to be clear - like Miraz, for the sake of Bangladesh team, I want Siddons to be a positive effect on the Bangladesh team leading up to WC'11. If nothing else, he should make a serious attempt to make batsmen aware of different roles they have to play, instead of just keep depending on Tamim and Shakib to dictate our batting.

As for now, I can see how Shakib (after helping Worcs to be promoted) boosted the team morale. I can see how three assistant coaches helped players develop skills in different areas. But I still can't see how Siddons helping the team as a motivator, or as a strategist, or even as a batting coach!

All I can see is - he is riding the success waves others are creating, and beating his own drums for another contract renewal!

M.H.Rubel
October 25, 2010, 12:29 AM
After the victory against NZ we are almost going to be an stublished as a strong team in cricket world.Every country will take us very very seriously and they will study us as well.So to continue the recent success we need to play modern day cricket.Siddons has little idea about modernday cricket.He lacks proper strategy,negative mind set and inability to play the role of a mentor.So i want to say good bye to JS after WC.But to keep him as a batting coach or A team coach will not be a bad idea.
There are very few coaches in the world who can understand and coach modern day cricket.IMO best solution will be to find a high profile coach.

BANFAN
October 25, 2010, 02:12 AM
BTW, to be clear - like Miraz, for the sake of Bangladesh team, I want Siddons to be a positive effect on the Bangladesh team leading up to WC'11. If nothing else, he should make a serious attempt to make batsmen aware of different roles they have to play, instead of just keep depending on Tamim and Shakib to dictate our batting.

As for now, I can see how Shakib (after helping Worcs to be promoted) boosted the team morale. I can see how three assistant coaches helped players develop skills in different areas. But I still can't see how Siddons helping the team as a motivator, or as a strategist, or even as a batting coach!

All I can see is - he is riding the success waves others are creating, and beating his own drums for another contract renewal!

Any evidence ?? ;)

Remember He made Tamim and Shakib ... So be careful when you say so. Give him another 4 years he will make 2 more TI & Shak... and we are set with four world class players to beat an side. TI & Shakib said, he is the best batting coach. I'm feeling positive about him. Be positive

shakibrulz
October 25, 2010, 02:23 AM
Any evidence ?? ;)

Remember He made Tamim and Shakib ... So be careful when you say so. Give him another 4 years he will make 2 more TI & Shak... and we are set with four world class players to beat an side. TI & Shakib said, he is the best batting coach. I'm feeling positive about him. Be positive
Yeah, lets better not believe what Tamim/Shakib has to say about how Siddon's improved their technique etc. Lyin bunch of sissies they are ;)

Eshen
October 25, 2010, 02:41 AM
World class batsmen like Tamim are not product of a single coach, they learn something from each coach they come contact with. Salahuddin prolly can take more credit in shaping up Tamim than Siddons can.

For someone unorthodox like Shakib, I don't see how any coach can take much of a credit. My observation is that the guy is pretty much developing on his own, may be with a suggestion here and a suggestion there from different people.

For other batsmen in the team, Siddons prolly has helped them to develop to certain degrees. But once they been around long enough to be analyzed by oppositions, they become more vulnerable and Siddons can do little to help them overcome their weaknesses. You may say that's bound to happen with players coming out of a such weak Bangladeshi system with so little grooming and so little experience. Well, I believe here is where an innovative coach could make a difference that an average coach like Siddons can't. So you see, I am not trashing Siddons as a bad coach, but an average coach who can't help us take beyond the point we are now.