PDA

View Full Version : Is Mashrafee bad luck?

metallian
October 17, 2010, 10:43 AM
both series, against WI & NZ, we lost Mashrafee with an injury for the series, and we won both series by banglawashing them. Is Mash just bad luck or is it a coincidence? In my opinion, he is way overrated and he gives too much runs. we are better off without him, if he wants to come back to the team, he needs to prove himself like everyone else.

What do you guys think?

mahdi_
October 17, 2010, 10:49 AM
both series, against WI & NZ, we lost Mashrafee with an injury for the series, and we won both series by banglawashing them. Is Mash just bad luck or is it a coincidence? In my opinion, he is way overrated and he gives too much runs. we are better off without him, if he wants to come back to the team, he needs to prove himself like everyone else.

What do you guys think?

agree with you.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

FagunerAgun
October 17, 2010, 10:50 AM
Mash is not ominous, but his departure clicks some luck for us as it did in the past. :-D

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 10:55 AM
Or maybe just he's a mediocre pacer?

riankhan
October 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
You gotta be kidding!

Purbasha T
October 17, 2010, 11:47 AM
Seriously, that's just harsh on someone who already has so much physical battles to deal with.

Dilscoop
October 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hwre we go. We easily forget about the times this man showed up as a pacer and tiger alone and rest of the team got crushed around him.

This man got spirit. Try having 7 surgeries and stil able to walk, let alone play cricket

Haru-party
October 17, 2010, 12:39 PM
WC 2011.....1st match 1st over...bangladesh captain mashrafee bin mortoza is injured in his 1st over of the opening match and shakib al hasan overtakes the captaincy from him........and the rest is history :D
( i really dont want it from the bottom of my heart....1st part not the history making)

WarWolf
October 17, 2010, 12:41 PM
Ridiculous thread title.

Razi
October 17, 2010, 02:00 PM
This sort of disgusting mentality needs to change, a man who has given his everything for Bangladesh Cricket is now so easily becomes the bad luck. We really love to ride on the present glories and try to forget everything from the past.

_Rafi_
October 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
WC 2011.....1st match 1st over...bangladesh captain mashrafee bin mortoza is injured in his 1st over of the opening match and shakib al hasan overtakes the captaincy from him........and the rest is history :D
( i really dont want it from the bottom of my heart....1st part not the history making)

Bangladesh unbeaten World Champion!
BCB should arrange something to let this happen:-)

Baundule
October 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
Mash is the best pacer by a distance that we have got so far. Amazing how quickly we forgot his match-winning leadership against the British (http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/engine/current/match/426404.html).

It needs a lot of mental stamina to become a pace bowler. And getting injured hits a pacer below the belt. He has made come back from prolonged injuries and performed well. I find the thread very insulting to Mash.

Holden
October 17, 2010, 02:51 PM
This sort of disgusting mentality needs to change, a man who has given his everything for Bangladesh Cricket is now so easily becomes the bad luck. We really love to ride on the present glories and try to forget everything from the past.

Mash is the best pacer by a distance that we have got so far. Amazing how quickly we forgot his match-winning leadership against the British (http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/engine/current/match/426404.html).

It needs a lot of mental stamina to become a pace bowler. And getting injured hits a pacer below the belt. He has made come back from prolonged injuries and performed well. I find the thread very insulting to Mash.

:up::up::up:

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Without Mashrafe, we wouldn't be here where we are right now. He should lead us in WC11. Shakib has time on his side. Heck Shakib can play even better if he is not the captain. The issue is can Mashrafe hold up 10 overs 6 games in a row. If not we have capable backup to fill his shoes.

For the two slips, the bowler should ask for one if he thinks that is needed. The bowlers are the ones who plot to get a batsman out. Mashrafe wouldn't argue because in the HB era he was victimized several times for not having a single slip let alone two.

I pray for his quick recovery.

alubortha
October 17, 2010, 05:40 PM
what a pathetic thread and its title!! Mash is by far the best fast bowler bd has produced and he is the role model of the so called heros of today ( shafi,rubel). They learned a lot being alongside Mortaza.

It it was for fun ( like sakib also said it), I forgive :D

alubortha
October 17, 2010, 05:43 PM
Shakib would have had a sense of déjà vu of his own; this was not the first time he was taking over the reins from an injured Mashrafe Mortaza to lead his side to a whitewash. The same template had been followed when Bangladesh beat West Indies 3-0 last year. "Maybe you should ask him to get injured in a series again and then we'll try to find out if this formula works every time", Shakib said light-heartedly. "When I bat I don't think of myself as a captain with specific or special responsibilities. I just play my own game. Similarly, when bowling I try to pick the best bowler to bowl in a particular situation and if that bowler happens to be me then I come in."

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2010/content/current/story/482244.html

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
I have a different view regarding this matter, and I think I am right. Mashrafee as a captain bring the team together and make them feel like a family. As a family team then wants to achieve something good for their country, themselves, and most importantly for their captain. However, once Mashrafee got injured Shakib got a fully charged up team, and lead us to the victory.

Why do I say Shakib is not good in his interpersonal skills?

1. When he went to the stage to grab the trophy, he did not tag along his boyz like ricky pointing does.

2. He didnt even show the minimum respect to call Mashrafee up in the front and let him hold the trophy.

3. Not to mention his arrogant behavior on the field during the 4th ODI.

Shakib is mashallah a very good player, and has a great cricketing knowledge. But he needs to learn few basics of being a captain. It is not only what you do in the field, but also out side.

If you leave Shakib captain until the WC 2011, BD as a team might suffer a lot.

alubortha
October 17, 2010, 06:02 PM
I have a different view regarding this matter, and I think I am right. Mashrafee as a captain bring the team together and make them feel like a family. As a family team then wants to achieve something good for their country, themselves, and most importantly for their captain. However, once Mashrafee got injured Shakib got a fully charged up team, and lead us to the victory.

1. When he went to the stage to grab the trophy, he did not tag along his boyz like ricky pointing does.

2. He didnt even show the minimum respect to call Mashrafee up in the front and let him hold the trophy.

Shakib is mashallah a very good player, and has a great cricketing knowledge. But he needs to learn few basics of being a captain. It is not only what you do in the field, but also out side.

completely AGREE with you on 1. and 2. ...really...mashrafe looked kinda sad..

Murad
October 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
[বাংলা]

মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা
তারিখ: ১৮-১০-২০১০

সবকিছু স্বপ্নের মতো লাগছে। এই মুহূর্তে যদি জরিপ করা হয় পৃথিবীর সবচেয়ে সুখী মানুষটি কে, আমার মনে হয়, সবার ওপরে থাকবে আমার নাম! ৪-০-তে নিউজিল্যান্ডের মতো দলকে হারানো...সত্যি বলছি, আমি নিজেও সিরিজ শুরুর আগে ভাবিনি। তবে এই সিরিজে আমরা ভালো কিছু করব—এই প্রত্যাশা আমার ছিলই। সিরিজ শুরুর আগে আমার অনুমান ছিল, ফলাফল হবে ৩-২।

এটা আসলে দুই মাস ধরে আমাদের অক্লান্ত পরিশ্রমের ফসল। দর্শক-সমর্থকেরা শুধু ম্যাচের দিনে আমাদের খেলা দেখে। কিন্তু এই খেলাটির জন্য আমরা প্রতিদিন কত ঘাম ঝরাই, এটা অজানাই থেকে যায়। সব সময় প্রত্যাশার সঙ্গে প্রাপ্তি মেলে না। তখন দুঃখ হয়। কখনো কখনো হয়তো কান্নাও আসে। আবার যখন প্রাপ্তি ছাড়িয়ে যায় প্রত্যাশাকেও, তখনো কান্না আসে। আনন্দের কান্না।

মাঠে, ড্রেসিংরুমে ট্রফি নিয়ে উল্লাসে মাতোয়ারা সতীর্থদের দেখে অন্যরকম একটা আবেগে ভরে গিয়েছিল আমার বুক। আমি অবশ্য ট্রফিটা হাত দিয়ে ধরিনি। এর মধ্যে ‘অন্যকিছু’ নেই। আসলে এই ট্রফিটার পুরো কৃতিত্ব আমি সাকিবকে দিতে চেয়েছি। বলতে পারেন, ট্রফিটা না ধরে আমি ওকে আমার অভিনন্দনটাই পৌঁছে দিলাম একটু অন্যভাবে!

অনেকেই বলেন, বাংলাদেশের জয়ের দিনে আমি নাকি আগে থেকেই টের পাই। কাল কি পাচ্ছিলাম? এখন বললে কেউ বিশ্বাস করবেন কি না জানি না, আমার মনে হচ্ছিল ৩-০ যখন হয়ে গেছে, ৪-০ হবে। সাকিব-মুশফিকুরের জুটিটায় যখন আমরা ৫ উইকেটে ১৪৫-এর মতো রান করলাম, পাশে বসা সালাউদ্দিন ভাইকে (সাবেক ফিল্ডিং কোচ) বলছিলাম, ১৯০ রান হলেও আমরা জিতব। এর পেছনে ক্রিকেটীয় কারণও আছে। কালকের উইকেটটা ছিল খুবই স্লো। এখানে ব্যাটিং করা কঠিন। তার ওপর বাংলাদেশ দল টানা জিততে জিততে আত্মবিশ্বাসের তুঙ্গে ছিল। অন্যদিকে নিউজিল্যান্ডের আত্মবিশ্বাস গিয়ে পৌঁছেছিল তলানিতে।

যেমন শুরু দরকার ছিল, ঠিক তেমনটাই এনে দিয়েছে রুবেল। এর সঙ্গে আমাদের দুর্দান্ত ফিল্ডিং যুক্ত হয়ে নিউজিল্যান্ডের গলায় ফাঁসটা আরও জেঁকে বসছিল। হ্যাঁ, মাঝখানে ভেট্টোরি-এলিয়ট মিলে ম্যাচটা বের করেই নিয়েছিল প্রায়। কিন্তু মিরপুরের আগের লো স্কোরিং ম্যাচগুলোর ফলাফল আমাকে জানিয়ে দিচ্ছিল, এই ম্যাচটার শেষও হবে উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ।

কতটা উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ কীভাবে বলি! আমি নিজে একবার ড্রেসিংরুমে ঢুকছিলাম, একবার বের হচ্ছিলাম। মাঠে এ ধরনের পরিস্থিতির সঙ্গে অনেকবারই দেখা হয়েছে। কিন্তু কাল বুঝলাম, কোটি দর্শকের একজন হয়ে এমন নখকামড়ানো উত্তেজনায় ছটফট করার অনুভূতি। আমার কথা কী বলি, জেমিকেও (সিডন্স) দেখলাম অনেক চেষ্টা করেও উত্তেজনা আড়াল করতে পারছে না।

সাকিব যতটা সম্ভব মাথা ঠান্ডা রাখতে পেরেছে। শেষের রণকৌশলটা ওর সাজানোই ছিল। কাইল মিলস শেষ দিকে ম্যাচটা বের করে নেওয়ার চেষ্টা করেছে। রুবেলের করা শেষ ওভারের প্রথম বলে চারও মেরেছিল। কিন্তু এ ধরনের পরিস্থিতিটাই হয় এমন—আপনি জিতবেন নয়তো আমি। রুবেলের ওপর আমার আস্থা ছিল। অভিষেকেই ও আমাদের একটা ম্যাচ জিতিয়েছিল শ্রীলঙ্কার বিপক্ষে। সেদিনও চার উইকেট নিয়েছিল। কিন্তু আজ আমার দেখা নিজের সেরা বোলিংটাই করেছে রুবেল।

সব মিলিয়ে ব্যাটে-বলে এটা সাকিবেরই সিরিজ। কিন্তু দলের প্রত্যেককে কৃতিত্ব ভাগ করে দিতেই হবে। ব্যক্তিগতভাবে আমার একটু আক্ষেপ হচ্ছে দলে অবদান রাখতে পারিনি বলে। আমিও তো রক্ত-মাংসেরই মানুষ। তবে আশা করি, আসছে জিম্বাবুুয়ে সফরেই সেটা পুষিয়ে দেব।
যেকোনো নতুন শুরুর জন্য একটা ভালো ‘টেক-অফ’ জরুরি। এই সিরিজটাকে আমি সেই শুরুটাই বলব। নতুন পথে যাত্রা শুরু হোক। বাংলাদেশ দলের সুখে-দুঃখে সব সময়ই পাশে থাকার জন্য আপনাকেও অভিনন্দন![/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-10-18/news/102258

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
see he didnt touch the trophy. that means the reporter must have asked him how he felt not being able to touch it and stuff. These things effect the team spirit big time in a long run. Other players may feel that they are not being appreciated enough.

metallian
October 17, 2010, 07:32 PM
Seriously, that's just harsh on someone who already has so much physical battles to deal with.

sadly, that's part of cricket. players need to be athletic. mashrafe is too injury prone and his bowling is very mediocre. he used to be good in the old days but now he is not in form and he doesn't deserve to be picked up in the squad.

Murad
October 17, 2010, 07:34 PM
sadly, that's part of cricket. players need to be athletic. mashrafe is too injury prone and his bowling is very mediocre. he used to be good in the old days but now he is not in form and he doesn't deserve to be picked up in the squad.

What makes you think he is not in form? Back your words with Stats.

metallian
October 17, 2010, 07:39 PM

1. you gotta be kidding me. these are professional players, they know they have to do better than just making the feel like a family. that comes with the captain's job but it's not limited to just that. And he didn't deserve the trophy because he didn't play in it hence he didn't touch it. nothing more to it than that. i wouldn't touch it either in his shoes.
2.why would he be called on the stage to hold the trophy???
3.he shouldn't be arrogant. he should be supportive. More bluntly, i say that he should sit out and recover during the series against ZIM and someone else should take his place as a bowler. i.e. nayeem islam?

metallian
October 17, 2010, 07:41 PM
What makes you think he is not in form? Back your words with Stats.

When was the last time that Mashrafe done better than mediocre. it's been over a year and he is ALWAYS INJURED! He is just not fit enough to play for the national team at the moment.

Murad
October 17, 2010, 07:46 PM
Just rewind your memory to the previous Series. You will get your answer.

Ajfar
October 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
Shakib is the man. If Shakib wants to take the cup and tell the rest of his team mates dont you dare touch my cup he totally can. And they better listen because well like i said he is the man.
The guy goes out there and pours his heart out for the team and we are here discussing why he didnt call Mashrafee over. Joto shob ajaira pechal.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Neel Here
October 17, 2010, 07:57 PM
this thread is in very poor taste. :timeout: you simply cannot make these kind of comments against another human being, especially one that has given his everything for the country.

step back for a moment, put yourself in mash's boots and see how you would feel about comments like this.

Fahim
October 17, 2010, 08:11 PM
seems like this thread has failed im afraid

metallian
October 17, 2010, 08:12 PM
this thread is in very poor taste. :timeout: you simply cannot make these kind of comments against another human being, especially one that has given his everything for the country.

step back for a moment, put yourself in mash's boots and see how you would feel about comments like this.

I feel bad for mashrafe and i wish him all the best but i was only speaking in best interest of bangladesh cricket. And also, doesn't everyone here talk crap about other players when they're not playing well? ex. ashrafool, rakib, even kayes(who has been playing well). it's only personal when it comes to mashrafe b/c us bangladeshis have a soft side for mashrafe. I am just asking the board to give the best person in form to play for our team without any sentimental matters. it would be for the best interest of bangladesh cricket. it would also make a statement that you would have to prove yourself to play for the national team and increase competitiveness amongst players.

godzilla
October 17, 2010, 08:41 PM
Let me ask you something Metallian ... What was going through your mind when you opened this thread? In and out of cricket can always ruine any players rhythm. Before his injury do you remember in what kind of form he was in? In top shape, one of the best if you ask me. Obviously after injury and many months of no circket has upset his rhythm.

metallian
October 17, 2010, 08:48 PM
Let me ask you something Metallian ... What was going through your mind when you opened this thread? In and out of cricket can always ruine any players rhythm. Before his injury do you remember in what kind of form he was in? In top shape, one of the best if you ask me. Obviously after injury and many months of no circket has upset his rhythm.

TRUE. I agree with you 50%. He used to be good. but sadly he isn't as good as he used to be and there are other players who are better than him right now who can replace mashrafe which would give our team extra strength. Don't you think Mash needs some rest and practice before he gets back in the team? that would only be fair in my opinion. it would give other guys the opportunity to excel before the world cup

Alchemist
October 17, 2010, 10:17 PM
Mashrafe and bad luck..........what a shameful way to rate a true champion.

Seriously, sometimes I wonder, why are a lot of people here in BC are so superstitious? Luck or fortune only favours the brave (not the arrogant fool) in the long run, if you ask me.

shafayeen
October 17, 2010, 10:28 PM
This is a ridiculous thread. Do some people here have a ghajini problem? U saw Mashrafee in the Win Against England. He is a leader, he is more mature than shakib, more humble, and he just gains respect as a person. Shakib, is the best in the world as a cricket player, as a captain, i think Mashrafe is more mature and more deserving.

MEDIOCORE?!'- U Gajini people forget all of mashrafe's wonderful spells!? The Starts he gave us, the wickets he took, he is even an althete. Yes, he has an injury problem. But inshAllah he will fine. NO, Mashrafe is not bad luck. Dont even joke abut this guys. If u joke about this, it becomes sadistic.

hoax
October 17, 2010, 10:37 PM
its easy 2 forget somebody after this success..but y should we do it?..plz remember what this guy has done 4 our cricket..he is by far the best fast bowler we produced..if injuries wasn't this much in his life he would gave been way better then at least zaheer khan

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
MEDIOCORE?!'- U Gajini people forget all of mashrafe's wonderful spells!? The Starts he gave us, the wickets he took, he is even an althete. Yes, he has an injury problem. But inshAllah he will fine. NO, Mashrafe is not bad luck. Dont even joke abut this guys. If u joke about this, it becomes sadistic.
If delivering once in every 100 matches was the key, then how can you forget Ash the legend? Give Rubel and Shafiul enough time, and I bet they will be much improved bowlers than Mashrafe is now.

And lets better not talk about his fielding and fitness.

bdtiger
October 17, 2010, 10:46 PM
Title of the thread is really ridiculous. As many of the BCers said I also want to say that Mashrafe is a great cricketer and hard working person. He proved himself before coming to the team. He is prone to injury but that is beyond his control. Bangladesh still needs him and everyone admits that. I really don't see a reason of opening a thread like this except to get some cheap exposure in BC.

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 11:20 PM
1. you gotta be kidding me. these are professional players, they know they have to do better than just making the feel like a family. that comes with the captain's job but it's not limited to just that. And he didn't deserve the trophy because he didn't play in it hence he didn't touch it. nothing more to it than that. i wouldn't touch it either in his shoes.
2.why would he be called on the stage to hold the trophy???
3.he shouldn't be arrogant. he should be supportive. More bluntly, i say that he should sit out and recover during the series against ZIM and someone else should take his place as a bowler. i.e. nayeem islam?

:floor: you make me laugh man.

do you think professional players are human with pain, injuries and feelings? haha. what are we talking here? about bunch of robot players or something? Man, even business entities tries to keep their worker happy to increase their productivity! And we are talking about one of the most athletic game here! wake up before its too late!

and point 3 referred to Shakib not Mashrafee. read carefully! :floor:

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 11:31 PM
When was the last time that Mashrafe done better than mediocre. it's been over a year and he is ALWAYS INJURED! He is just not fit enough to play for the national team at the moment.

ah I can give you one example. Then you judge if Mashrafee helped us win this series or not.

In our first ODI against New Zeland Mash scored 15 out of 11 balls. And BD won by 9 runs. [D/L] method.

Now lets check the highest run made by our last 3 batsman after this match.

2nd ODI - abandoned
3rd ODI - DNB
4th ODI - 7+1+0 -= 8
5th ODI - 2+5+2 = 9

There you go. I didnt even had to compare bowling and he wins the race lol. :shh:

And if you wanna check the bowling status check the previous series. You will be satisfied also.

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 11:36 PM
Shakib is the man. If Shakib wants to take the cup and tell the rest of his team mates dont you dare touch my cup he totally can. And they better listen because well like i said he is the man.
The guy goes out there and pours his heart out for the team and we are here discussing why he didnt call Mashrafee over. Joto shob ajaira pechal.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lol yeah thts exact what he acts like. With all respect due for shakib I said that for his own good. We are emotional cricket fans. Now even a year back when Shakib was performing bad I recall you told to drop him from the squad also. And now things has changed. Happens.

However, one thing you must not forget that one shakib can never make a change to any team. It was only possible cause of the dedication from other players on the field also. You must, and should appreciate them also. Shakib needs to learn that as soon as possible to keep this team spirit high.

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 11:41 PM
I feel bad for mashrafe and i wish him all the best but i was only speaking in best interest of bangladesh cricket. And also, doesn't everyone here talk crap about other players when they're not playing well? ex. ashrafool, rakib, even kayes(who has been playing well). it's only personal when it comes to mashrafe b/c us bangladeshis have a soft side for mashrafe. I am just asking the board to give the best person in form to play for our team without any sentimental matters. it would be for the best interest of bangladesh cricket. it would also make a statement that you would have to prove yourself to play for the national team and increase competitiveness amongst players.

I understand you want the best out of bangladesh cricket. And so do we. but trust me a team needs a supportive captain more than an aggressive one. tendulker is a great player but not a captain. Reason being he can not maintain the off field relations with his boys well. Dhoni, pointing, vitorrie, smith, Ganguli.. all the great captains you see out there they have that one specific quality.

Lets not forget Shakib did not let go of his captaincy cause he was bored of it but he was doing poorly. Team members were not finding the spirit to play well anymore. Once again they made mashraffee captain and that team spirit blast out within few months.

problem being most of us bangladeshis think of the present only. we need to look beyond the horizon. I can bet if you keep shakib captain for 2 more series Bangladesh team will lose its way.

Sohel
October 17, 2010, 11:44 PM
Koushik is easily the best new ball bowler we've produced to date, and his heavy hitting down the order is more than valuable given the current group of sissyfied bats(once)men on permanent estrogen therapy being administered by "the great batting coach" Siddons. Different story at death but then again that is something the captain needs to know and manage.

I feel horrible that he had nothing to do with two of the most significant BanglaWashes in our history, but I feel worse having to look at a KDPP thread like this, insinuating that his injury has something to do with the achievement. That is precisely the type of self-loathing stinking darowani khyatami no English medium education or NRB status can hide within the first couple of generations of attempted jate ot'ha. Shame on you!

sonarbangla
October 17, 2010, 11:44 PM
This is a ridiculous thread. Do some people here have a ghajini problem? U saw Mashrafee in the Win Against England. He is a leader, he is more mature than shakib, more humble, and he just gains respect as a person. Shakib, is the best in the world as a cricket player, as a captain, i think Mashrafe is more mature and more deserving.

exactly. can not agree more.

shakibrulz
October 17, 2010, 11:47 PM
ah I can give you one example. Then you judge if Mashrafee helped us win this series or not.

In our first ODI against New Zeland Mash scored 15 out of 11 balls. And BD won by 9 runs. [D/L] method.

Now lets check the highest run made by our last 3 batsman after this match.

2nd ODI - abandoned
3rd ODI - DNB
4th ODI - 7+1+0 -= 8
5th ODI - 2+5+2 = 9

There you go. I didnt even had to compare bowling and he wins the race lol. :shh:

And if you wanna check the bowling status check the previous series. You will be satisfied also.
:lol: Your logic rocks.

Ajfar
October 17, 2010, 11:48 PM
dude do you even follow the team. "Then Mashrafe was made captain and team spirit blast out within few months?" Go read stuff before you open up meaningless thread. Go find out how long Mash was captain for before getting injured. Go find out how long Mash was captain after coming back into the side and getting injured again.

Also go do you homework again. First of all show me when anyone in BC and yes I said anyone in BC said shakib needs to dropped after world cup 2007 to this day. and then show me when Shakib was performing bad. Don't give me lines of BS. Gimme numbers and proof, otherwise its all meaningless.

ma_o_mati
October 17, 2010, 11:52 PM
man, the thread opener gotta problem against Mashrafee...

No, he is not bad luck and if you believe that i think u living in dark ages man...

Mash brought the killer attitude in our team...he had injuries, despite those he came back like a true warrior...

that being said, if Shakib can continue his form with the bat, he should be the captain...because that's one hell of a smart, clever and ambitious guy, who can only take us further up...

Razi
October 18, 2010, 02:32 AM
If delivering once in every 100 matches was the key, then how can you forget Ash the legend? Give Rubel and Shafiul enough time, and I bet they will be much improved bowlers than Mashrafe is now.

[] He maybe from our past generation cricketers but he doesn't belong in their category. I appreciate your support towards our cricket being an Indian, but please don't make baseless comments just because you started following our team recently. Mash is the most consistent fast bowler we ever produced till date, where were your Rubel/Shafiul in the England series where Mash was easily the best bowler with a match-winning performance even after returning from such a big gap. Both looked very ordinary and their line & lengths were horrible, couldn't even play the supporting role to Mash except for Shafiul in the death overs in one match. Even in our home of cricket Mirpur (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?class=2;id=2025;type=grou nd) where it's a spinners kingdom, Mash is the best bowler with an average of 17 where even Shak averages 24. Just before his injury in the Caribbean he was in the peak of his form being the 8th ranked bowler in ODIs and had a career average under 30. I thought you being an Indian would at least respect him, as he is the most respected/loved Bangladeshi cricketer by the Indians, just check his performance against your mighty team and you will see why. I know his test career isn't as great as it promised to be but when you have gone through 7 surgeries in only your knees then its a miracle that he is still playing cricket let alone playing good. His record and stats would have been much better only if our fielders also could have supported him a bit more, he is the unluckiest BD bowler as I've simply lost count how many times our fielders dropped catches off his bowling in the past. Not only in the field, his off-field contribution to BD Cricket is also massive, no wonder he is the most favorite player in the dressing room. And you're saying not to talk about his fielding and fitness, man didn't you even see a single BD match from the past? He was always one of our best fielders and still a better fielder than half of our players although being a pacer. Talk about his fitness, he was awarded the fittest player twice in the KKR camp in this year's IPL when he just returned from injury, I'll try to find the link of that news or some of the members here who heard about it can help me with it. Even now did you see his body shape and muscles, he lost around 20kgs in three months after returning from injury and stopped eating rice without which he couldn't even think of living, just ask any player or support stuff of our team how hard he worked to regain his fitness and rhythm as a bowler. So please, try to know more about a person before you insult him.

BANFAN
October 18, 2010, 02:51 AM
Without Akram & Bulbul, we wouldn't be where we are now and same goes to every previous performers who brought us to this stage first and then to where we have reached beating NZ. Ash, Aftab, Mash all had been instrumental in our 10 years long journey. Some gets dropped because new and capable players take their place for the interest of the team. That doesn't mean that we start abusing the old guards.

Mash has made trimendous contribution with specially ball and is not as good due to his injury and age. If we have a better player to replace him, that doesn't mean any insult to him. I hope he remins around the team for some more time so that he can pass down some of his experience to these new pacers.

hoax
October 18, 2010, 03:00 AM

:floor: i am sure why sakibrulz want mashrafee out!...there is a match in the world cup between ind and bd..and remember the 2 wins we have against ind who got the MOM??...yap its mashrafee!!

my friend he may deliver once in 100 matches..but he'll sure deliver againest india!!:)

may ur words bite u in the wc match..Amin!:flag:

sonarbangla
October 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
dude do you even follow the team. "Then Mashrafe was made captain and team spirit blast out within few months?" Go read stuff before you open up meaningless thread. Go find out how long Mash was captain for before getting injured. Go find out how long Mash was captain after coming back into the side and getting injured again.

Also go do you homework again. First of all show me when anyone in BC and yes I said anyone in BC said shakib needs to dropped after world cup 2007 to this day. and then show me when Shakib was performing bad. Don't give me lines of BS. Gimme numbers and proof, otherwise its all meaningless.

Haha what is my statement to do with Mashrafee getting injured first of all?! I said he helps the team to bond together more every time he has been elected as captain. And if you havent forgot the reason Shakib left out of captaincy was cause of the players poor performance under him (which is already visible now) at the very end. I have played for many school and college teams, and I know how a captain with good interpersonal skill can charge up a team. Again, I am saying this with utmost respect towards Shakib. He is more like the Imran Khan of Bangladesh. Yet, I think Mashrafee is the man to lead from the front, given Shakib helps him out as a vice captain to place fields and so on.

And you proof me that you didnt. E-)

Habib
October 18, 2010, 10:44 AM
:floor: i am sure why sakibrulz want mashrafee out!...there is a match in the world cup between ind and bd..and remember the 2 wins we have against ind who got the MOM??...yap its mashrafee!!

my friend he may deliver once in 100 matches..but he'll sure deliver againest india!!:)

HHS. Can't help but agree with you.

Habib
October 18, 2010, 10:53 AM
BTW guys, please don't make this a Mash vs Shak thread. The OP's post was disgusting & insulting towards one of our best players. So bash him but don't criticise another of our best players in the process which will bring you down to his level.

betaar
October 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
I think the OP got the title all wrong. I think he wanted to say, "IS MASHRAFI'S BAD LUCK GOOD LUCK FOR BANGALDESH?"
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=On a serious note, a fit Mash is an asset for BD because he has the charisma to do something extra ordinary at any given moment. But should Mash get an automatic pass because of his past is a different argument all together and I would say NO. Like every player he should prove his worth which I am sure he didn’t when came in the team last time around and got dropped after just one match. But that wasn’t his fault. I am sure the team mgmt just wanted a quick fix and got him in without any professionalism….so in the end it was Mash who paid for it.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
But should he be selected for the NZ series, definitely. If the whole team got better after a month and a half long training, I am sure Mash got better ten fold…..poor guy just didn’t get the chance to prove it due to his BAD LUCK. So it’s just a coincidence that we won 4-0 even without Mash as a bowler but I am not too sure what would’ve happened if he was the captain as he also never got the chance to prove his leadership skills due to his injury prone career.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
OP, at the end I definitely will have to say calling Mash a bad luck is not of good taste but of course the you are entitled to your opinion but the issue with that is now everyone will have an opinion about you.<o:p></o:p>

shakibrulz
October 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
[] He maybe from our past generation cricketers but he doesn't belong in their category. I appreciate your support towards our cricket being an Indian, but please don't make baseless comments just because you started following our team recently. Mash is the most consistent fast bowler we ever produced till date, where were your Rubel/Shafiul in the England series where Mash was easily the best bowler with a match-winning performance even after returning from such a big gap. Both looked very ordinary and their line & lengths were horrible, couldn't even play the supporting role to Mash except for Shafiul in the death overs in one match. Even in our home of cricket Mirpur (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?class=2;id=2025;type=grou nd) where it's a spinners kingdom, Mash is the best bowler with an average of 17 where even Shak averages 24. Just before his injury in the Caribbean he was in the peak of his form being the 8th ranked bowler in ODIs and had a career average under 30. I thought you being an Indian would at least respect him, as he is the most respected/loved Bangladeshi cricketer by the Indians, just check his performance against your mighty team and you will see why. I know his test career isn't as great as it promised to be but when you have gone through 7 surgeries in only your knees then its a miracle that he is still playing cricket let alone playing good. His record and stats would have been much better only if our fielders also could have supported him a bit more, he is the unluckiest BD bowler as I've simply lost count how many times our fielders dropped catches off his bowling in the past. Not only in the field, his off-field contribution to BD Cricket is also massive, no wonder he is the most favorite player in the dressing room. And you're saying not to talk about his fielding and fitness, man didn't you even see a single BD match from the past? He was always one of our best fielders and still a better fielder than half of our players although being a pacer. Talk about his fitness, he was awarded the fittest player twice in the KKR camp in this year's IPL when he just returned from injury, I'll try to find the link of that news or some of the members here who heard about it can help me with it. Even now did you see his body shape and muscles, he lost around 20kgs in three months after returning from injury and stopped eating rice without which he couldn't even think of living, just ask any player or support stuff of our team how hard he worked to regain his fitness and rhythm as a bowler. So please, try to know more about a person before you insult him.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. However for me he's still an average pacer by international standards. For you guys he might have done a lot of work single handedly and I admire that. His test figures reflect how good a pacer he is. Just my opinion:)

shakibrulz
October 18, 2010, 11:23 AM

OMG you are spot on dude! How did you read my damn mind? :D

And even if he delivers against us, how will that prove me wrong?
And you wish, I just hope iceman gets thrashed less, that's all. :-p

roman
October 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
calling someone "lucky or unlucky" is an unjustified statement to begin with. I know that the thread opener want good for BD team, he wants us to succeed so please stop bashing him but thoughts like this should be avoided bro. You can do better than this...

Langra
October 18, 2010, 11:45 AM

What do you guys think?

We can whitewash one of the top 8's if Tamim is injured. Tamim is bad luck too ;).
Plain stupid, right????

aniksh1
October 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
We need Mashrafe in the team...he is a decent bowler...and considering how we waste the PP we need his late order hitting

sonarbangla
October 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
umm one thing i don get.. experts say in international cricket pace is not the most important thing. its the line and length you should be more cautious of. And one more thing is, Rubel's bowling has improved by quite a lot since the new bowling coach appeared in the scene. Now question lays, if an expensive pacer like Rubel made these improvements, what would happen to an experienced pacer like Mashrafee? He should have perform even better than what he has done before! No?

wiseshah
October 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
mashrafe is always mashrafe the great. he is by far the best cricketer and best inspiration and best leader for BD, even when he is not captain.please dont open this kind of thread by disrespecting some one, who won a match for us even in the last series.

who ever is captain, mashrafe should not bowl at the last 5 overs. thats should be maintained. he should finish his quota in first 45 overs.

i think shakib should be captain and mash should be his deputy. shakib has better game plan and more aggressive. mash is more emotional.

Razi
October 18, 2010, 01:48 PM
I agree with you to a certain extent. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. However for me he's still an average pacer by international standards. For you guys he might have done a lot of work single handedly and I admire that. His test figures reflect how good a pacer he is. Just my opinion:)

He may not have a good test record but he is clearly way better than all of your so called pacers except Zaheer Khan! :-|

shakibrulz
October 18, 2010, 02:11 PM
He may not have a good test record but he is clearly way better than all of your so called pacers except Zaheer Khan! :-|
Test cricket is reflective of how good a player actually is as you can't bash any minnows to earn free points - case in point - IceMan :-D

And oh, if you are saying because of his averages, we have bowlers with better averages, like Ajit Agarkar, Irfan Pathan, etc. who won't even make it to our XI :-p

rinathq
October 18, 2010, 02:20 PM
Well before posting a thread, you should think about you topic for a moment. Dont go opening threads just to be popular!
1. Bangladesh won the series against West Indies because all of their player walked out. It had nothing to do with Mashrafee being bad luck
2. We won against New Zealand definitely because of Sakib but also because it was a spin paradise and he was bound to do good. Not to mention, our new coaches brought dramatic changes which was the key to winning the series. It has nothing to do with Mash's injury.
You say he is a mediocre bowler. Name ONE fast bowler in the entire Bangladesh Cricket (Past, present, future) that is any better than him. Dont even name Shafi or Rubel. They got better under Pont and it is stupid to say Mash wouldn't have. It is because of Mash we see boundaries in PPs.
He is not a bad luck. He is our moral strength. He is the bowler that almost always stikes at his first spell.

Note: Mash has been on a better form in batting than Raqibul, Junaid, Mushfiq, Naeem and not to mention our bowlers.

rinathq
October 18, 2010, 02:22 PM
Also look at his attitude!
I dunt see Sakib offering his captaincy to Mash when he comes back. But Mash is always happy to step asside. He doesn't care about the "extra Honor"
How can he be unclucky??

Dilwar
October 18, 2010, 02:28 PM
I just had 2 register 2day 2 protest against the tread.

Those who think Mash is overrated listen 2 dis, I 100% believe Mash will b bak and prove to those haters dat why he was da best bak in da days and even now. Just think for 2 minutes what he has done for us, and was his performance realy poor on da last series? I think bcoz of him we won the match against England.

Habib
October 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
Also look at his attitude!
I dunt see Sakib offering his captaincy to Mash when he comes back. But Mash is always happy to step asside. He doesn't care about the "extra Honor"
How can he be unclucky??

Rinathq, I agree with you except one thing. You are saying you don't see Shakib offering 'his' captaincy to Mashrafi which is an ignorant comment. Shakib already said that when Mash comes back, he should be the captain. I hope you'll refrain from accusing anyone without any evidence in the future.

rinathq
October 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
Rinathq, I agree with you except one thing. You are saying you don't see Shakib offering 'his' captaincy to Mashrafi which is an ignorant comment. Shakib already said that when Mash comes back, he should be the captain. I hope you'll refrain from accusing anyone without any evidence in the future.

I am sorry about that i was not aware of that comment.

rinathq
October 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
On the other hand,
If Rubel can earn a spot in the team for 1-2 good performances. I assure you Mash has probably earned a parmanent spot when he is not injured and until he decides to retire. Even this year, the win against England came because of him.

metallian
October 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
Just to clarify a few things-

1) I opened the thread with the title of "is mashfare bad luck" because, if you think about it... for a team like bangladesh to suddenly banglawash nz came as a surprise to all of us and it happened when sakib took over the captaincy from mash as he got injured in the first match. same thing happened against WI.
2) I did not open this thread out of hatred towards mashrafe or to piss people off. Although I do believe he is out of his touch right now and he needs more practice before playing for our national team. How can he play his 100% when he is always injured? I have all the respect for mashrafe and I acknowledge what he has done for our team but I am looking out for the best interest of bangladesh cricket.
3) I didn't think everyone get so pissed off by this thread, I didn't mean to offend anyone nor I did it to gain some attention. I did it because it was an interesting stat that when he got injured in both series... we ended up whitewashing both teams. And I was also being a little sarcastic, c'mon guys, im not a medieval dude. I know my science and I don't believe in bad luck (in most cases) but I do look at the stats and I do think that a player should be rested when he is not fit or cannot perform well (it's only better for the team bc it makes a statement that it's not easy to be in the bd team, and it also encourages competitiveness).

So, If I offended you... I am sorry but try to see where i'm coming from also. If we keep giving mashrafe chances when he is out of touch then what about habibul bashar (he is the most successful bd captain thus far except maybe sakib, how about ashraful(people say he is the most talented player bd has ever produced, shahriar nafees(he was also good but when he wasn't performing well, he didn't play for our national team, and the list goes on).

rinathq
October 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
^^^
But there is no pattern!
I already mentioned, Bangladesh won against a West Indies A team cannot be part of any pattern!
And in this series, We haven't seen Mash bowl, so we dont know how much he gained from Ian Pont!
2. Even though he is injured a lot, he comes back and regardless of his speed, his figures have been as good as others if not better!
3. Sarcasm shouldn't go upto a level where u are opening a thread of one of the respected players with the title "bad luck"
4. We are giving Mash chances because he is using them unlike others. He has been effective while at field. Comparing Ash with Mash is near insanity. As have been out of form for years while being on the time, where Mash has been the best fast bowler ever in Bangladesh cricket.

roman
October 18, 2010, 03:47 PM
There is a saying in Bangla. "Bangladesh e gunir kodor nai".. Mash is a Pioneer, a legend. His inclusion in the team should not be questioned. Its not like he has lost his form or something, he just got injured playing for our country and its a shame that we are discussing here whether he deserves a chance to be in the XI or not. He is so dedicated. Team means a lot to him.. (Mash loves rice and to get back his fitness and form he completely stopped eating rice :) ). Didnt you see how fast he lost all that extra lbs? He got into his best shape ever..We are lucky to get a player like him if you belive in luck... And kindly refrain from comparing Mash wish Shak. This will not make us stronger but will divide us...