PDA

View Full Version : NZ to conduct review into Bangladesh debacle

beshideshi
October 19, 2010, 12:53 AM
NZC will have a look into the series and judge the performances of Vettori, Greatbach. This used to be the fate of Bangladeshi captain/coach after almost every series, interesting turn of events. Story (http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/482494.html)

Source :cricinfo.

BANFAN
October 19, 2010, 03:42 AM
:) Hope they dont get white washed against India.

Then, India will grow some fear coming into face us in SBNS on 19 Feb 2011.

FagunerAgun
October 19, 2010, 05:33 AM
New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori, coach Mark Greatbatch and high performance director, Roger Mortimer, will meet with New Zealand Cricket's board on October 22 to review the disastrous ODI tour of Bangladesh, which ended in a 4-0 thrashing on Sunday. They are also expected to discuss their upcoming tour of India, for which the squad will be named on October 24, and their World Cup preparation, which is a shambles following an unprecedented defeat in Bangladesh, one of the host nations of the tournament in 2011.

The result plunged New Zealand to seventh in the ICC's ODI rankings, their lowest position since November 2005, but despite acknowledging the gravity of the situation NZC's general manager of cricket, Geoff Allott, said changes to management were unlikely to happen. "It's important that we remain confident in the people we have," he told the Dominion Post. "We've committed to a structure, and we'll be assessed by those decisions."

New Zealand's trip to Bangladesh was marred by poor weather and rain washed out their warm-up games, forcing the visitors to go into the ODI series with no match practice. Their batsmen struggled to adjust to the pace and turn of the pitches in Mirpur and failed to score more than 200 in three out of four innings.

"Disappointing is an understatement. When you lose 4-0 in a country you're going to be playing a World Cup match, then it's a big concern," Allott said. "From a fitness perspective, and a technical perspective, we've got the goods, it's actually the decision-making. Throughout the series there were cross-bat shots. Some senior players would be the first to put their hands up and say they didn't lead by example."

Kane Williamson scored New Zealand's only century in the series, while Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum, who averaged only 21.50, and Grant Elliott were the only batsmen to score a half-century each. Jesse Ryder was one of the biggest disappointments, scoring 58 runs in three innings at an average of 19.33, while BJ Watling played all four games but scraped together 27 at 6.75.

After the series, Vettori had said it was "probably the lowest point in New Zealand cricket for a long, long time. To stare down 4-0 is incredibly disappointing and something that will stay with us. We have to recover from it pretty quickly, otherwise people will be pretty desolate about New Zealand cricket."

Former New Zealand fast bowler, Simon Doull, was scathing in his criticism of the team. Doull said that Vettori, who bears the burden of leading the bowling and being a reliable batsman to go with his captaincy duties, was not getting any help from the other senior members of the team.

"He [Vettori] is under pressure and I'm not sure he's coping with it all that well," Doull told LiveSPORT. "I can't see any answers. We're going into a World Cup in two and a half months and if we think we're going to be anywhere near the top eight we're dreaming at the moment. They could turn it around but it's going to take a miracle."

Courtesy: Cricinfo.

FagunerAgun
October 19, 2010, 05:36 AM
"Now the chef himself is on the cutting board".

BANFAN
October 19, 2010, 05:39 AM
Erokom ekta thread e post korlam mone hoy ?? Probably in International Section?

YES, in int sec

FagunerAgun
October 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
Erokom ekta thread e post korlam mone hoy ?? Probably in International Section?

YES, in int sec
Thanks BANFAN.

Mods, please remove this thread.

FagunerAgun
October 19, 2010, 05:44 AM
NZ will face more problems with India and their situation in performance wise will be even precarious.

lamisa
October 19, 2010, 10:09 AM
ki je moja lagtese eishob pore!

al-Sagar
October 19, 2010, 10:19 AM
ki je moja lagtese eishob pore!

same to me. abar NZ er jonno ektu koshto o laage je bechara amader 1st shikar. tobe samne aste aste aro onek team er ei porinoti amra korbo. tokhaon aro moja laage

PoorFan
October 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
Vettory surely losing his selector job, if not captaincy. His boss may have an ax too.

Eshen
October 19, 2010, 03:08 PM
Vettori prepared to stand down as skipper (http://tvnz.co.nz/cricket-news/vettori-prepared-stand-down-skipper-3842424)

roman
October 19, 2010, 03:14 PM
^Shanti Shanti.. Aro shanti chai

Eshen
October 19, 2010, 08:52 PM
More disturbance in NZ team - McCullum moving down order (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10681807)

Antora
October 19, 2010, 09:17 PM
Bechara New Zealand... oder jonno kemon jani kharap lagchey....

Ajfar
October 19, 2010, 10:14 PM
Vettori prepared to stand down as skipper (http://tvnz.co.nz/cricket-news/vettori-prepared-stand-down-skipper-3842424)

really? Its not like they have someone better in the team that can take over from him.

Habib
October 19, 2010, 10:36 PM
Bechara New Zealand... oder jonno kemon jani kharap lagchey....

R amar oder team er female physio er jonno kharap lagchey...

deshprem
October 19, 2010, 10:56 PM
hehe more i read, the bigger is my smile. awesome stuff. i dont feel sorry no one. for years, had to liv with relentless criticism and insults. savouring every moment of this.

beshideshi
October 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
to be absolutely honest, I feel bad for NZ, I hope they recover and come back strong. But I can't help but enjoy how the tables have turned for Bangladesh, even for one series.

crickwizard
October 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
May be BCB should offer help to NZ Cricket in conducting the 'Review'. after years of getting washed, they should be an expert by now. its time to transfer the skill to other region of the world cricket

BASSMAN
October 22, 2010, 02:48 PM
MADE IN BANGLADESH: NEW ZEALAND WHITE WASH!

Its great that Bangladesh won the series. However it wasnt a ride in the park.

It would have been more challenging for BD in the 1st match if the D/L want used. Also last 2 matches were very close and could have gone either way.

Fair play to the Kiwis

Raynman
October 22, 2010, 03:04 PM
I heard that IND might scrap the NZ series next month and have us come over instead ;)

Eshen
October 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
BCCI plans to rest seniors for NZ ODIs (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/117288/Sports/bcci-plans-to-rest-seniors-for-nz-odis.html)
"We are planning to send the key Test players to South Africa early to prepare for the series. The conditions in South Africa are quite different and we want to give our players enough time to come to terms with the conditions," a BCCI source told PTI. New Zealand are scheduled to play three Tests and five ODIs in India from November 4 to December 10.

But with the BCCI drawing up this plan, many of the top players may skip the ODIs. Batting icon Sachin Tendulkar, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh are likely to be in the batch which will leave for South Africa early.

It has not taken them long to forget Zimbabwe debacle!

I hope NZ will show the world that they are not an easy team to beat!

rashed411
October 22, 2010, 03:59 PM
BCCI plans to rest seniors for NZ ODIs (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/117288/Sports/bcci-plans-to-rest-seniors-for-nz-odis.html)

It has not taken them long to forget Zimbabwe debacle!

I hope NZ will show the world that they are not an easy team to beat!

yes, i hope they win the series... :-p

meazz1
October 22, 2010, 06:45 PM
may be bcb should offer help to nz cricket in conducting the 'review'. After years of getting washed, they should be an expert by now. Its time to transfer the skill to other region of the world cricket

rofl

Murad
October 31, 2010, 10:56 PM
Now the GM of NZC resigns!!

Geoff Allott has resigned from New Zealand Cricket (NZC) in the wake of the team's disastrous tour of Bangladesh, where they lost the one-day series 4-0. Allott, the general manager of cricket, will step down from his role, which focused on developing a long-term high-performance strategy, at the end of November.

"It became evident during my work on that strategy that New Zealand Cricket may require a different allocation of resources within high performance in the future," Allott said. "This was reinforced to me during the recent review following the Bangladesh tour.

"I believe our elite athletes and teams need a combination of the best available high performance expertise and the knowledge of cricket experts who understand the technical aspects of the game. On that basis the high performance structure that I consider is best for cricket's future would be different to the current structure and with a different allocation of resources.

"I have effectively restructured myself out of a job, but I truly believe this to be in the best interests of cricket. This was a difficult decision for me to make because I am passionate about the game that has given me so much. After a break with my family, I will consider several other opportunities that exist, both inside and outside of cricket."

http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/484661.html

Dilscoop
October 31, 2010, 11:31 PM
^^ So he realized he is not good enough for the job. That would NEVER happen in BD.

Naimul_Hd
October 31, 2010, 11:47 PM
aharey...Bangladesh eita ki korlo ?? NZ er shukher shongshar ekhon purai londho vondho !! amader theke kichu shikha uchit....whitewash er por whitewash khaoyar por o amra ki shundor shukhi poribar !! :D

Roni_uk
November 1, 2010, 07:34 AM
Can't wait until West Indies and Pakistan whitewashes. When are then coming to bd to face us?

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 09:17 AM
^^^According to FTP end of year 2011.

Bond
November 1, 2010, 09:39 AM
Can't wait until West Indies and Pakistan whitewashes. When are then coming to bd to face us?

we can never whitewash pakistan, they still are a better side than us. Razzak and Afridi alone can destroy our team