PDA

View Full Version : Is Shaker Ahmed going to be the new Shakib Al Hasan?

Tanjim
October 19, 2010, 10:33 PM
Shaker Ahmed the 17 years left handed all rounder has showed his talent against SA and WI A team some monthes ago.He also played in the last U19 WC.He is very similar to Shakib.Can u guess who will come in our National team within two years from 2010 U19 WC squad.SQUAD:
MAHMUDUL HASAN,OMIT MOJUMDAR,ANAMUL HAQUE(wk),ALAUDDIN BABU,ARMAN BADSHA,HASAN RAJU,SHAKER AHMED,SHABBIR RAHMAN,NASIR HUSSAIN,NUR HUSSAIN,SOIKOT ALI,MUMINUL HAQUE,KAMRUL ISLAM,SOUMYA SARKAR,TASAMUL HAQUE.

Habib
October 19, 2010, 10:40 PM
Wasn't he in the team which won gold in SAG? If I can remember correctly his bowling is more like Razzak's rather than Shakib's though he's pretty economical.

shakibrulz
October 19, 2010, 10:41 PM
Lol

mahbubH
October 19, 2010, 10:48 PM
Shakibs do not come that often. If we get another Shakib within the next 15 years I will be happy.

Habib
October 19, 2010, 10:51 PM
Shakibs do not come that often. If we get another Shakib within the next 15 years I will be happy.

Ditto.

capslock
October 19, 2010, 11:34 PM
No.

Naimul_Hd
October 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
I wish he could be more than Shakib Al Hasan !

crickwizard
October 19, 2010, 11:52 PM
time will say. onekei to elo-gelo... sustaining anything good is a challenge for BD environment...i hope good cricket will sustain this time

al Furqaan
October 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
shakib is our imran khan - yes, that is an OTT comparison right now, but proportionally speaking its valid. by the end of his career, shakib may have a batting average better than imran's and his bowling should get better with age as well. in 15 years when shakib walks off the field, he'll be mentioned alongside imran, hadlee, sobers, botham, and kapil not just for what he meant to his team and the generation, but for the quality of his all round play. the numbers will back it up. he bats, he bowls, and he captains too.

so while we could also grow the next tendulkar on a tree in dinajpur, it is highly unlikely that we will get another shakib anytime soon.

BANFAN
October 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
Not enough to say yet.

cricket_king
October 20, 2010, 01:02 AM
Dude, the guy is a complete tail-ender, batting from #9 to #11 as I recall. That's an insult to Shakib, who batted as high as #3 regularly during his U19 years. Nasir Hossain would've been the closest bet.

Sohel
October 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
Dude, the guy is a complete tail-ender, batting from #9 to #11 as I recall. That's an insult to Shakib, who batted as high as #3 regularly during his U19 years. Nasir Hossain would've been the closest bet.

Spot on.

al-Sagar
October 20, 2010, 02:55 AM
Wasn't he in the team which won gold in SAG? If I can remember correctly his bowling is more like Razzak's rather than Shakib's though he's pretty economical.

no. the SLA's who played in that series are Sanjamul islam and najmul islam opu as far as i recall.

Nadim
October 20, 2010, 03:37 AM
yes! As a bowler he can be as goood as shakib maybe even better. But for that we have o wait. He is still 19.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Habib
October 20, 2010, 03:41 AM
no. the SLA's who played in that series are Sanjamul islam and najmul islam opu as far as i recall.

You are right. I mixed him up with Sanjamul.

Tiger Manc
October 20, 2010, 04:23 AM
What kind of bowler is he?

hoax
October 20, 2010, 04:30 AM
Who???

Nadim
October 20, 2010, 04:53 AM
What kind of bowler is he?

SLA but he is taller then any other sla in the whole country.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

jisaan
October 20, 2010, 06:29 AM

surely he is a complete tail-ender. I still consider him to be a damn good spinner esp. when Minahajul Abedin said that he was one guy from the current u-19 team who is ready to play for the National Team but he is no good with the bat nowhere close to our mediocre tail-enders.

And, Nasir Hossain!!!! Ah!!! Am i not the man who mentioned him as Right-handed Shakib a few hundred times in this forum? i surely did. and i still believe him & want him in the Zimbabwe series (although Shuvo's sudden resurrection has jeopardized his chances to a great extent)

jisaan
October 20, 2010, 06:34 AM
yes! As a bowler he can be as goood as shakib maybe even better. But for that we have o wait. He is still 19.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

That is where i would object.

If someone is good enough to play for the national team, he should be drafted in immediately.

Doesn't matter if he is 19 or 39!!!

Sohel
October 20, 2010, 06:46 AM
Moyna is still 23 and his best years, InshAllah, will be between the age of 27 and 37. Non Bangladeshis should be afraid, VERY afraid ... :ninja:

lamisa
October 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
what about limon?

beshideshi
October 20, 2010, 07:40 AM
shakib is our imran khan - yes, that is an OTT comparison right now, but proportionally speaking its valid. by the end of his career, shakib may have a batting average better than imran's and his bowling should get better with age as well. in 15 years when shakib walks off the field, he'll be mentioned alongside imran, hadlee, sobers, botham, and kapil not just for what he meant to his team and the generation, but for the quality of his all round play. the numbers will back it up. he bats, he bowls, and he captains too.

Very well said, i read something down the same line on PA a couple of days back. Shakib has to be the guy who takes Bangladesh to the next level, he has the potentials to be the amongst the greatest to play the game. He is already the best Bangladeshi player by a light year, but I hope he keeps improving and plays for Bangladesh till he is 40.
Hence, don't insult Shakib by comparing him to someone who is yet to come close to the national team.

MohammedC
October 20, 2010, 07:45 AM
what about limon?

Mahmudul Hasan Limon is very good middle order batsmen. He is good spinner but its his batting where he should concentrate more.

shakibrulz
October 20, 2010, 08:36 AM
That is where i would object.

If someone is good enough to play for the national team, he should be drafted in immediately.

Doesn't matter if he is 19 or 39!!!
Wrong. Give him enough time to become a good bowler. There's a huge difference between bowling to U19s and bowling to international batsmen. Anyways there are many deserving candidates awaiting a spot in the team, so would be an injustice to them.

shakibrulz
October 20, 2010, 08:37 AM

Period.

lamisa
October 21, 2010, 05:09 AM
Mahmudul Hasan Limon is very good middle order batsmen. He is good spinner but its his batting where he should concentrate more.

in that case,he could be a good prospect for us.nearly everyone,barring the openers,play a couple of positions lower than where they normally play.if this guy is a good ,aggresive batsman at say no.5 now,then we should definitely keep an eye on him.he could come in at no.7 if he gets a chance in the national team.he was also the captain of the u19 team who played the last wc,wasn't he?