PDA

View Full Version : Can't we get a Shane Watson or Flintoff?

Tanjim
October 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
We have many spinning all rounders and genuine spinning all rounder like Shakib but we have no genuine simming all rounder like Kallis,Flintoff,Watson,Rajjak(PAK).I am not telling one about Masrafe.We need one who can fulfill the necessity of a full fast bowler and can bat in middle order or top order like Shakib.He should have the ability to carry the batting of the team.
Is anyone in our domestic cricket?

shakibrulz
October 20, 2010, 06:02 AM
How about an Amla/Morgan/Hussey?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Baundule
October 20, 2010, 06:46 AM
Slow-bowling comes naturally with our infrastructure. For players from Australia, Pakistan, South Africa or England, pace comes first for an allrounder. Pace bowling needs a lot more stamina and control in life-styles than spin. You can get very easily frustrated if as a pacer your hardwork is not paid by the slow pitch. We had a number of good batting performance from our pacers, like Tapash, Mash, Shafiul, Chacha, Babu...but Shakib, Durjoy, Rijadhs are the majority.

beshideshi
October 20, 2010, 07:33 AM
Slow-bowling comes naturally with our infrastructure. For players from Australia, Pakistan, South Africa or England, pace comes first for an allrounder. Pace bowling needs a lot more stamina and control in life-styles than spin. You can get very easily frustrated if as a pacer your hardwork is not paid by the slow pitch. We had a number of good batting performance from our pacers, like Tapash, Mash, Shafiul, Chacha, Babu...but Shakib, Durjoy, Rijadhs are the majority.

Well said. If someone tries to be a pacer, they have to work much harder[only on bowling] due to the conditions and pitches. So it takes 7/10th or even 8/10th of your time just to learn pace bowling, and to become an international standard batsman along with being a top class pacer will be really hard given our infrastructure and conditions.
I am not sure, but is there a pace bowling all rounder even in the premier league/NCL? Not Dolar Mahmud kind, a genuine all rounder?

lamisa
October 20, 2010, 07:37 AM
we had farhad reza...

IanW
October 20, 2010, 08:56 AM
Masri will do me tyvm, so stfu

shakibrulz
October 20, 2010, 09:02 AM
we had farhad reza...
Was he a pacer?

B_IKHAN_71
October 20, 2010, 09:37 AM
With time shall come an allrounder of international calibre who will be the hero of the bangladesh cricket team :smug:

roman
October 20, 2010, 09:45 AM
I think Mash had every quality to become a pace bowling allrounder but Injuries had it for him. Shafiul is good with the bat too. Siddons should work with him.

roman
October 20, 2010, 09:45 AM
Was he a pacer?
yes he was

hoax
October 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
we had farhad reza...

This guy cant bat..scored only a 50 against a week zim attack
and guess who made debut in that series?? :-D

ANS:ICEMAN!:notworthy:

Dilscoop
October 20, 2010, 01:07 PM
I would take Hussey or Watto.

Watto can open with Tamim, and get rid of those slowmofos and Hussey can replace Rokiqbul, another gadha. A good finisher, a good ODI bat, and at the same time, he is a great test player

Murad
October 20, 2010, 01:16 PM
I would take Hussey or Watto.

Watto can open with Tamim, and get rid of those slowmofos and Hussey can replace Rokiqbul, another gadha. A good finisher, a good ODI bat, and at the same time, he is a great test player

What is the meaning of this word? Couldn't find it in dictionary.

simon
October 20, 2010, 01:50 PM
definitely $$$Dolar Mahmud got the potentiel,I think he can even give up bowling and become a very good finisher.
Shafi has the ability too.
But Dolar seem tobe out of the squad for long time so I think Siddons shld work with Shafi.

Dilscoop
October 20, 2010, 01:50 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Try some REAL dictionaries. ;)

ZunaidH
October 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
Just because others have it does not mean Bangladesh need to have a Watson or a Flintoff. The team composition is just fine. Three things that lacked the Bangladesh team are or were drive to win, experience and physical fitness. While the third one is still an issue (seeing so many injuries), the first two seems to coming alright. If we can win games without Watson-aire or Flintoff-ish players. Interestingly, most such players suffer from chronic injuries and cut their careers short.

kiriket
October 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
We have nazmul millon, if he works on his bowling.

Tanjim
October 20, 2010, 10:21 PM
What about Nadif Chowdhury?If he can work more with his pace and works with Ian Pont he can be reliable one.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
October 20, 2010, 11:15 PM
Subcontinent is not a fertile place for fast bowling allrounders. After Imran Khan and Kapil Dev, I don't remember this part of the world producing another such genuine allrounder.

However, I believe Shafi has potential to be a destructive late order batsman.

Zunaid
October 21, 2010, 12:10 AM
Naive Bayesian. Really Naive.

Probability of a world class batsman in BD = B
Probability of a world class spinner in BD = S
Probability of a world class pacer in BD = P

Historically, in BD

P <<< S, but the inequality has been decreasing of late ...

And also,

P {Pakistan} >> P {India} > P {Bangladesh}, again the latter inequality is diminishing and I am wont to use "=" instead of ">".

Now the probability of a spinning-allrounder, naively is = B x S

Now the probability of a pacer-allrounder, naively is = B x P

Now since B, P and S < 1, the above allrounder probabilities are low and particularly low foe B x P in Bangladesh.

Sohel
October 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
^^^ = :notworthy:

Habib
October 21, 2010, 09:56 AM
Subcontinent is not a fertile place for fast bowling allrounders. After Imran Khan and Kapil Dev, I don't remember this part of the world producing another such genuine allrounder.

You are forgetting Abdur Razzak. His bowling is not so lethal as before though.

roman
October 21, 2010, 10:08 AM
I think Abdur Razzaq is no where near the caliber of Imran khan or Kapil Dev. Personal opinion..

MarufH
October 21, 2010, 11:03 AM
We can't... we r lucky to have Shakib.. cause Bangalis in general lack stamina... Thanks to all the carb (rice) we eat.

MarufH
October 21, 2010, 11:05 AM

Historically, in BD

And also,

P {Pakistan} >> P {India} > P {Bangladesh}, again the latter inequality is diminishing and I am wont to use "=" instead of ">".

Now since B, P and S < 1, the above allrounder probabilities are low and particularly low foe B x P in Bangladesh.

Nicely :up: done.

shakibrulz
October 21, 2010, 11:15 AM

Historically, in BD

And also,

:-|

hoax
October 22, 2010, 12:17 AM
getting players like the caliber of watto,morgan,freddy,hussy is a little bit hard for us IMHO
but if we can a have fast bowling all rounder like Thomas odoyo or a batsman like stave tikelo who can bowl a bit would have been nice

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/24705.html

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/24728.html

hoax
October 22, 2010, 12:24 AM
With time shall come an allrounder of international calibre who will be the hero of the bangladesh cricket team :smug:

Who is Shakib Al Hasan Then??:ticking:
if this is a joke..then nicely said!!:-*