PDA

View Full Version : S Rajesh moved on to "Top 9" teams from "Top 8"

Spitfire_x86
October 21, 2010, 10:40 PM
New Zealand's ODI struggles (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/482999.html)

In last 2 years, we batted been better than NZ, Pak, WI, but only WI bowled worse than us.

RazabQ
October 21, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hah, the first time mr. cockroach has had to include BD in his stats. Guess that musta burned ...

al Furqaan
October 21, 2010, 10:56 PM
New Zealand's ODI struggles (http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/482999.html)

In last 2 years, we batted been better than NZ, Pak, WI, but only WI bowled worse than us.

i think it was Shahriar Nafees who got me to realize that performance against big teams does matter and that S Rajesh had it right all along.

I stopped calling him "the cockroach" several years back...

Zunaid
October 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
You perform, you get respect. Plain and simple.

Blah
October 21, 2010, 11:14 PM
Even though its highly unlikely, I want NZ to really trash India in this series and will be rooting for them.

shakibrulz
October 21, 2010, 11:32 PM
Batting average still better than Pak, WI and NZ :) Now we know where you need improvement..

Neel Here
October 21, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hah, the first time mr. cockroach has had to include BD in his stats. Guess that musta burned ...

you are making it sound as if he has some blood feud with Bangladesh ! :lol:

al Furqaan
October 21, 2010, 11:58 PM
so our bat average is better than NZ and PAK, and our econ rate is better than IND and SA (two of the best teams)...yes, its safe to say that the G8 is dead, and is replaced with the Fine 9.

Dilscoop
October 22, 2010, 12:04 AM
I doubt it is anything personal. We hadn't done anything special to be on the article stats. Now we did, and here we are. Knock yourself out.

Some writing including us in his article shouldn't be so self pleasing

Zunaid
October 22, 2010, 12:17 AM

"When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck."

billah
October 22, 2010, 12:21 AM

He does.

billah
October 22, 2010, 12:24 AM
Stupidity - it's for ever. S Rajesh is incompetent, as has been proven a number times in the past.

napoleonIV
October 22, 2010, 12:47 AM
You perform, you get respect. Plain and simple.

Agree 100%. I hope the other fans realize that. I really feel bad when I see fellow Tiger fans making all sorts of arguments in other countries forums about BD not being a minnow anymore or things like that. Performance speaks for itself. If we perform, sooner or later people will recognize us.

Eshen
October 22, 2010, 04:27 PM
i think it was Shahriar Nafees who got me to realize that performance against big teams does matter and that S Rajesh had it right all along.

Exactly!

While I have respect for Zimbabwe's fast improving batting side, still don't see much value in big inning played against their weak bowling side (or against weaker sides like Kenya).

RazabQ
October 22, 2010, 06:10 PM
Exactly!

While I have respect for Zimbabwe's fast improving batting side, still don't see much value in big inning played against their weak bowling side (or against weaker sides like Kenya).

I disagree with you and Asaad. Yes there will be players like SN or Ed Joyce who will fill their boots against weaker attacks and not come good against the major teams but that should not be a reason to discount a team's performance carte blanche. Look at Kallis, who is considered, and rightfully so, one of the modern greats. Yet it is a statistical fact that he has padded his numbers by gorging on weaker teams. That doesn't take away from the man; it strengthens his case. And all this strength stuff is cyclical. West Indies at present is a pretty weak team. India in it's early days was abysmal. Doesn't mean you discount performances against them.
Throughout history there have been cycles such as during the Kerry Packer years or Rebel tour years when there have been weaker 2nd string teams put forward and which got walloped. Unless you are willing to go and create exceptions for every one of them, you should just accept the numbers as they are. To do otherwise, subjectively (as S Rajesh did in the analysis which made Jaysuria out to be a better SLA then Rafique) reeks of egg-headed arrogance and general cockroachiness.

At the end of the day if you are a Test playing nation, you are a Test playing nation.

And Neel Here, I can't be bothered to dig up all the old threads. S Rajesh is definitely a duck as Z-bhai pointed out.

al Furqaan
October 22, 2010, 06:56 PM
I disagree with you and Asaad. Yes there will be players like SN or Ed Joyce who will fill their boots against weaker attacks and not come good against the major teams but that should not be a reason to discount a team's performance carte blanche. Look at Kallis, who is considered, and rightfully so, one of the modern greats. Yet it is a statistical fact that he has padded his numbers by gorging on weaker teams. That doesn't take away from the man; it strengthens his case. And all this strength stuff is cyclical. West Indies at present is a pretty weak team. India in it's early days was abysmal. Doesn't mean you discount performances against them.
Throughout history there have been cycles such as during the Kerry Packer years or Rebel tour years when there have been weaker 2nd string teams put forward and which got walloped. Unless you are willing to go and create exceptions for every one of them, you should just accept the numbers as they are. To do otherwise, subjectively (as S Rajesh did in the analysis which made Jaysuria out to be a better SLA then Rafique) reeks of egg-headed arrogance and general cockroachiness.

to an extent, yes. and lets not forget SN did score 138 and 75 against the Aussies, who had a much stronger bowling attack then they do now (warne, lee, gillespie). but in one day cricket SN has looked quite out of sorts, especially to pacers who can jag the ball back into him sharply. but i still have confidence in SN as being a decent middle order bat for us in Tests, and maybe he can contribute in one dayers as well.

i'm not arguing that S Rajesh doesn't harbor any anti-Bangladesh biases, but him constantly using top 8 stats this and that, was for the most part justified, because we as a team sucked. thats no longer valid, and i hope S Rajesh starts replacing it with "top 9" as he has done this article.

And Neel Here, I can't be bothered to dig up all the old threads. S Rajesh is definitely a duck as Z-bhai pointed out.

i'd take most if not all of Neel's posts with several truckloads of Morton salt as his viewpoints are even more Indocentric than S Rajesh's.

RazabQ
October 22, 2010, 11:35 PM
i'm not arguing that S Rajesh doesn't harbor any anti-Bangladesh biases, but him constantly using top 8 stats this and that, was for the most part justified, because we as a team sucked. And I'm saying that making such cutoffs are not valid. If ICC has said there are X Test countries and Y ODI countries then they count - all of them. It's like your prof saying I'm only going to grade you on the tough questions you answered. The easy one in the exam won't count because they are easy. Cockroach!

Tigers_eye
October 23, 2010, 12:05 AM
Pet betha hoiye galo article ta poirey (HHS). I was so sure he would mention a weak NZ side or even a second team.

* Excludes stats against Zimbabwe and other non-Test-playing teams.

September 24 article:
http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/478473.html

Best averages in ODIs for spinners since Jan 2009 against top eight teams* (Qual: 150 overs)

I give him props to swallow his pride.

kalpurush
October 23, 2010, 03:22 AM
I doubt it is anything personal. We hadn't done anything special to be on the article stats. Now we did, and here we are. Knock yourself out.

Some writing including us in his article shouldn't be so self pleasing

And I'm saying that making such cutoffs are not valid. If ICC has said there are X Test countries and Y ODI countries then they count - all of them. It's like your prof saying I'm only going to grade you on the tough questions you answered. The easy one in the exam won't count because they are easy. Cockroach!
^^^ please read Razab bhai's post :)

Equinox
October 23, 2010, 06:02 AM
Run rate is definitely the biggest issue with our game right now.

Fortuner
October 23, 2010, 06:34 AM
Even though its highly unlikely, I want NZ to really trash India in this series and will be rooting for them.

I want india to get hurt badly so that they wont say ok, look we also could thrash kiwis.it means kiwis are nt dt gud a team and no wonder bd defeated them

critics always find sm excuse to kill bd;s success

Hasib
October 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
Normally I don't post here much anymore due to being busy but seeing this guy has been pissing me off, and plenty of other BC members who have been here since the early days, I would just like to say how satisfying this is! However it's still disappointing that he is still skipping Zimbabwe and the other teams... They deserve to be recognized too regardless of performance... But I shouldn't complain as this is a huge improvement I guess...

al Furqaan
October 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
And I'm saying that making such cutoffs are not valid. If ICC has said there are X Test countries and Y ODI countries then they count - all of them. It's like your prof saying I'm only going to grade you on the tough questions you answered. The easy one in the exam won't count because they are easy. Cockroach!

thats definitely true and i agree with you, but Rajesh is not representing the ICC...hence he's merely a talking head who's voicing his [elitist] personal opinions. there is no doubt that all matches designated as Test or ODI by the ICC are indeed tests and ODIs, and I certainly want our boys to perform the best they can in all matches whether it be against Australia or Bermuda.

However, we must recognize that minnow bashers exist. its a real entity, and one which can cause some damage. therefore, a truly good analyst will look at the "splits" and see who plays well against good teams (generally speaking) and who doesn't. our historically good players against the F9 sides have been Tamim and Shakib, and to a certain extent Ash. our minnow bashers include the likes of SN and Aftab.