PDA

View Full Version : New International Venue in Cox's Bazar!

rinathq
October 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=104893&pub_no=500&type=

It looks like there might a new international venue for cox's bazar. I am simply delighted to see this news. I have always wondered why won't they consider a venue in Cox's Bazar, Unlike Bogura, Khulna and other places, Cox's bazar has very good transportation facilities and they have amazing hotels and resorts for accomodation. This can be very beneficial for our tourism industry. The weather is not bad either. Overall, i expect to see a small but modern stadium :)

Dhruvo
October 29, 2010, 09:35 PM
I hope BCB doesn't stack the stadium up with matches. That won't be good as it would make cox's bazaar more crowded. I think beaches should be tranquil, not noisy with people in every corner. Maybe make it one ODI game in the venue per series or maybe even consider making the venue test only.

Dilscoop
October 29, 2010, 09:37 PM
Rain washouts.

rinathq
October 29, 2010, 09:48 PM
Rain washouts.

Cox's bazar has much better weather than a lot of venues around the world. Specially the ones in England. So weather isn't a concern

rinathq
October 29, 2010, 09:51 PM
I hope BCB doesn't stack the stadium up with matches. That won't be good as it would make cox's bazaar more crowded. I think beaches should be tranquil, not noisy with people in every corner. Maybe make it one ODI game in the venue per series or maybe even consider making the venue test only.

I think the government will definitely do that.......to advertise our tourism industry :(

Rifat
October 29, 2010, 09:54 PM
Will any world cup games be held there?

Eshen
October 29, 2010, 10:00 PM
Cricket matches in Bangladesh are not big tourism events, I wonder why BCB is so concerned about scenic beauty of venues!

I agree that tourism industry in Cox Bazar and Sylhet should be boosted, but both places have many other issues that should be taken care first.

For sake of cricket, for the sake of boosting local leagues where cricket is thriving, next two international venues should be built in Rajshahi and Mymensingh.

rinathq
October 29, 2010, 10:07 PM
Will any world cup games be held there?

Dude, they are "plannning" LMAO
Cricket matches in Bangladesh are not big tourism events, I wonder why BCB is so concerned about scenic beauty of venues!

I agree that tourism industry in Cox Bazar and Sylhet should be boosted, but both places have many other issues that should be taken care first.

For sake of cricket, for the sake of boosting local leagues where cricket is thriving, next two international venues should be built in Rajshahi and Mymensingh.

Every place has issues to be sorted out, if we start looking at those issues, we shouldnt be considering making a new stadium before 2050!
The intention of making the stadium is clear, for attraction.........they are not considering it for boosting local leagues. Why would they want to build a fancy stadium at places like Rajshahi or Mymensingh? they have stadiums...u dunt need new stadiums to boost local leagues, u need good programs

yaseer
October 29, 2010, 10:07 PM
Rajshahi deserves a international venue after their consistence performance in NCL.

I feel getting test matches should have links with the division's NCL performance. It can increase the competition and also motivate the divisional officials to perform in NCL.

Dilscoop
October 29, 2010, 10:09 PM
Cricket matches in Bangladesh are not big tourism events, I wonder why BCB is so concerned about scenic beauty of venues....
... when they should be concerned about the inner beauty. Fix the bathrooms, seats, lights, foods

Ajfar
October 29, 2010, 10:10 PM
I dont understand why we want to spend so much money to make a new stadium when we already have stadiums that just needs some serious work. We would be able to save a whole lot of money.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 02:53 AM
it would be lovely to have i stadium in coxsbzr..

Habib
October 30, 2010, 04:11 AM
I dont understand why we want to spend so much money to make a new stadium when we already have stadiums that just needs some serious work. We would be able to save a whole lot of money.

That doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to build stadiums in Sylhet & Coxsbazar. Especially we need to have one in Cox to boost our tourism industry & to bring variety in our venues.

Rabz
October 30, 2010, 04:26 AM
We should have had this stadium for this world cup.
Nonetheless, it is a much awaited stadium we all have hoped for long.
Hope they do a good job at it, not just a concrete slab.

bangla-red
October 30, 2010, 05:06 AM
What would the capacity be?

Nadim
October 30, 2010, 05:15 AM
What would the capacity be?

10-12k

M.H.Rubel
October 30, 2010, 05:55 AM
10-12k

Its not a good idea to make a stadium with capacity of 10 K in bangladesh.Its a very populous country.IMO BCB should build a big stadium there.I have a feeling it will be a major venue in future.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Eshen
October 30, 2010, 06:16 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
See, the problem is those old grounds are not built on good picnic spots. Now BCB will rectify that problem so that BCB top brass can have extravagant picnic tours whenever matches will be held on those venues.

Also, extravagant new projects means extravagant bribes for BCB bosses, from contractors.

Reality is - BCB can't use even a big event like WC'11 to promote tourism in Bangladesh!

What you are asking, ie to improve existing infrastructure, is prolly the last thing in their mind!

Naimul_Hd
October 30, 2010, 08:31 AM
ভাই, প্লিজ আগে মিরপুর স্টেডিয়াম এর টয়লেট টা ঠিক করেন...ম্যাচ এর দিন স্টেডিয়াম বাইরে যেন মুষল ধারে বৃষ্টি পরে, আর বসার জায়গায়ে যেন বন্যা বয়ে যায় !! আর বাঙালীও এত মুত্তে পারে !!! :-p

lamisa
October 30, 2010, 08:48 AM
this is very good!khelao dekha hobe and ghurao hobe...and more importantly,the visiting players will get to see some good sights which they obviously can't in dhaka...

Naimul_Hd
October 30, 2010, 08:56 AM
আমি বলি কি...সেন্ট মাটিন ও একটা স্টেডিয়াম করলে কেমন হয় ???? দারুন হবে কিন্তু !!! :)

Ajfar
October 30, 2010, 09:11 AM
That doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to build stadiums in Sylhet & Coxsbazar. Especially we need to have one in Cox to boost our tourism industry & to bring variety in our venues.

Im not saying dont build one im just saying fix up the one we already have. Sylhet already has a stadium. It needs some serious work but it wouldnt take that long to fix it up. The money they will spend to make 1 new stadium they can probably use that to fix up 2 stadiums which already exists. We need to worry about making the best use of what we already have. We are hosting T20 wolrd in 2014. We need to have at least 5 stadiums. Even if they hold practice matches in the divisional stadium it needs to be some what upto the standard.

makorsha
October 30, 2010, 10:16 AM
eta ke boley "pasai nai kapor"
I was disgusted with Mirpur stadium" I am not comparing it with the new Yankees or Giants stadiuam". I was at the 2 Lakh (of course it was a free ticket) and at the reuglar VIP. I could not go to the bathroom as it was disgusting(and no lights)...
the outskirt (not the VIP section ) was disgusting during the last year tri series(ind,sl,BD)...
I know it is a nice idea to build a cricket stadium where there are Hotels for the tourists but we need to fix the existing one first......

revolver
October 30, 2010, 11:54 AM
10-12k is more like a tennis court
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

cricman
October 30, 2010, 12:11 PM
12-15K is fine you guys are acting like people from all parts from Bangladesh are going to Travel to CB to watch the games

CB is going to more appealing to the intellectual and wealthy as well as tourists, who'll actually thoughtfully plan ahead w/ Hotel booking etc. It'll bring money to the country as well

Listen Economic Inequality exists in Bangladesh (And all over the subcontinent) it be different to have a stadium thats not next to a Slum.

I apologize if I offend anyone

FagunerAgun
October 30, 2010, 01:41 PM
12-15K is fine you guys are acting like people from all parts from Bangladesh are going to Travel to CB to watch the games

CB is going to more appealing to the intellectual and wealthy as well as tourists, who'll actually thoughtfully plan ahead w/ Hotel booking etc. It'll bring money to the country as well

Listen Economic Inequality exists in Bangladesh (And all over the subcontinent) it be different to have a stadium thats not next to a Slum.

I apologize if I offend anyone
Well stated, comprehensible and acceptable.

Rabz
October 30, 2010, 03:41 PM

If BCB is smart enough, they would have options for 'package' tickets, eg, ticket with 2 nights stay at CB in a "star" rated hotel including bus/rail fare.

More Money !!

al Furqaan
October 30, 2010, 03:46 PM
overall i like the idea of a new stadium in Cox's Bazar...

but why are all our matches played in Mirpur? CTG gets just a few matches, and Khulna and Bogra haven't seen a match in 4 years despite having some pretty nice grounds.

I also cannot disagree with Eshen who says that Rajshahi and Mymensingh should get the next int'l grounds since they seem to have a big interest in the game.

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 09:24 PM

but why are all our matches played in Mirpur? CTG gets just a few matches, and Khulna and Bogra haven't seen a match in 4 years despite having some pretty nice grounds.

I also cannot disagree with Eshen who says that Rajshahi and Mymensingh should get the next int'l grounds since they seem to have a big interest in the game.

khulna stadium dont have international standards yet..and prob with bogura is that there is no 5 star hotel in bogura..so players have to stay in dhaka and because the traffic jam in dhaka is so intense if there is a 9.00 am start u have to leave ur hotel at 6.30 in the morning to reach bogura..thats y there isn't a int match there when mirpur is ready.
Rajshahi deserves a international venue after their consistence performance in NCL.

I feel getting test matches should have links with the division's NCL performance. It can increase the competition and also motivate the divisional officials to perform in NCL.

thats the best idea i heard n ages!:) it will mean ncl will have something for the organizers as well..everybody will try to do well and it will put more meaning for ncl

Murad
October 30, 2010, 09:29 PM

Hotel is not a problem for Bogra. Problem is long bus journey. None of the international team want to go there. Same thing for Khulna.

and the reason all the games are played in Mirpur is because CTG and Fatullah stadiums are under construction.

lamisa
October 31, 2010, 10:34 AM
eta ke boley "pasai nai kapor"
I was disgusted with Mirpur stadium" I am not comparing it with the new Yankees or Giants stadiuam". I was at the 2 Lakh (of course it was a free ticket) and at the reuglar VIP. I could not go to the bathroom as it was disgusting(and no lights)...
the outskirt (not the VIP section ) was disgusting during the last year tri series(ind,sl,BD)...
I know it is a nice idea to build a cricket stadium where there are Hotels for the tourists but we need to fix the existing one first......

then u haven't been there in a LONG while i guess.the bathrooms are fine and they do have lights

Ajfar
November 1, 2010, 07:06 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/15xplvm.jpg

Source - Inqilab