PDA

View Full Version : Ash is on form..is it good for BD??...or Bad!!

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 02:22 AM
We have seen this so many times..and yet time after time ash disappointed us
we were doing fine without him but now he again regained some form..and is one of the contenders to come back in to the team..

now what can happen?..what will happen?...what BC thinks about it!!

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 02:52 AM
oh i see there is another ash thread..i didn't saw it..sorry...can any mod merge this with the ash thread..thank u

Rabz
October 30, 2010, 04:29 AM
Ash in form is a great news.
The Ash we've always wanted would change the dynamics of this team for good.

Spitfire_x86
October 30, 2010, 04:33 AM
Bad, if those runs get him selected for a top order/middle order batting slot.

cricket_king
October 30, 2010, 04:41 AM
An in form Ashraful is godsend. What a silly question.

Nadim
October 30, 2010, 04:58 AM
God Knows!

M.H.Rubel
October 30, 2010, 06:03 AM
At last Ash has understood that he is neither an opener nor an one down.I always thought him a good middle order.He is getting runs as middle order thats good but its hard competition out there lot more waitin to grab a post in middle order.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

ahnaf
October 30, 2010, 06:17 AM
Ash in form is a great news.
The Ash we've always wanted would change the dynamics of this team for good.

agreed to rabz bhaiya..

Shaan
October 30, 2010, 06:20 AM
very Alerting situation !!! Inform Ash is always good for the team, but I too believe that he shoould play in the middle order to strengthen our fragile power play situation. For some reason he never looked good at beginning 15 overs where pitch has movements and ball swings.

ahnaf
October 30, 2010, 06:21 AM
At last Ash has understood that he is neither an opener nor an one down.I always thought him a good middle order.He is getting runs as middle order thats good but its hard competition out there lot more waitin to grab a post in middle order.

i think ash will play at 4.. Bt if shakib nd Js dont have problem den shakib should bat at 4 nd ash at 5... It will be good for team coz shakib will get more time to play nd also good for ash coz thats his favourite position...

simon
October 30, 2010, 07:03 AM
problm is Ash's good form doesn't stay with him for long engh,I'm sure it will be the same against Zim.
We just need consistency,I guess Jahu/Rock/SN/even Junaid will provide better consistency than Ash.

I think getting him back in the team won't make any big difference as his good form might fade away soon but let's give him a last chance vs Zim before WC.

beshideshi
October 30, 2010, 07:23 AM
Silly fellas, how on earth is an in-form Ash a bad thing for Bangladesh? You talk about Junaid, Jahirul, Raqibul, SN making up the top order? When Ash plays like 'Ash' he makes these four[and many others] look like the water boy of the Namibia U15 women's team on a bad day. But the question is, how long will he be in-form? I think after his recent performances, he deserves a go during the Zim series, and if he can show some grit, determination and class in this series, a WC spot should be sealed for this bloke.

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 07:32 AM
Silly fellas, how on earth is an in-form Ash a bad thing for Bangladesh? You talk about Junaid, Jahirul, Raqibul, SN making up the top order? When Ash plays like 'Ash' he makes these four[and many others] look like the water boy of the Namibia U15 women's team on a bad day. But the question is, how long will he be in-form? I think after his recent performances, he deserves a go during the Zim series, and if he can show some grit, determination and class in this series, a WC spot should be sealed for this bloke.

i didn't say ash in form is a bad thing bhaia..but look in the past...how many times have we seen ash getting back in form and then disappointing us.

my point was we recently started wining without ash...now he is in form..if he can maintain it..we dont have to argue anymore..but if he flops yet again...then??:doh:

tejkuni
October 30, 2010, 07:56 AM
Another positive thing, he is performing well with ball also.

Roni_uk
October 30, 2010, 08:01 AM
showing form in ncl is totally different from showing it in international matches. nevertheless i would like to see him in zimb series.

riankhan
October 30, 2010, 08:16 AM
A Consistent Ash in the International arena is always good for BD. Though its unlikely to happen. I will be happy if he proves me wrong, which he didn't in the last 10 long years. Besides, he should stop dropping catches as well.

beshideshi
October 30, 2010, 08:23 AM
i didn't say ash in form is a bad thing bhaia..but look in the past...how many times have we seen ash getting back in form and then disappointing us.

my point was we recently started wining without ash...now he is in form..if he can maintain it..we dont have to argue anymore..but if he flops yet again...then??:doh:

Firstly, welcome to BC :)
And every player can fail at any stage, so that is a chance you are always taking. You look at the player's recent performance, how their technique is and make a call about whether you want to take the chance. So chance of Ash failing will always be there, but if he is on song, opponents will have more to worry than Bangladesh.

Murad
October 30, 2010, 08:27 AM

He's understood that long time back, its our coach and management who didn't.

Anyways..even though I'm really happy to see him scoring runs consistently, I still don't want to see him in the national team at the moment. I think he needs to be out of the national team at least for an year to sort out his problems.

Ajfar
October 30, 2010, 08:56 AM
real question is how long will he stay in form? we have seen him hit double hundred in order to get back into the national team and than its same old ash. hopefully it will be different this time around
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
October 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
obviously bad news,doesn't he have a quota of a few performances per year?shob domestic e shesh kor felle WCe ki kore?

cricman
October 30, 2010, 09:00 AM
real question is how long will he stay in form? we have seen him hit double hundred in order to get back into the national team and than its same old ash. hopefully it will be different this time around

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

It was same old Ash, After the WC :smug: ... He was fine during the WC, thats all I care about right now

Murad
October 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
He did pretty good after that 263. Avoided the defeat against Canada along with Shakib. Played well in WC..but lost his form after that.

Tigers_eye
October 30, 2010, 09:23 AM
What kind of form he is in? How many matches he played and how much did he score? 1/2 matches do not indicate one's true form. I haven't had time to follow NCL this year. Can anyone do some stats? Highest run makers, wicket takers and post it? We can see what kind of form Ash is in compared to others. Then may be we can make a concerned judgment.

Murad
October 30, 2010, 09:26 AM
^^^
He's played 5 innings: 2 FC and 3 ListA

2 FC innings: 113, 26
3 ListA Innings: 40, 66* & 63

Check the sticky thread opened by Nadim to see the stats.

Night_wolf
October 30, 2010, 09:35 AM
Firstly, welcome to BC :)
And every player can fail at any stage, so that is a chance you are always taking. You look at the player's recent performance, how their technique is and make a call about whether you want to take the chance. So chance of Ash failing will always be there, but if he is on song, opponents will have more to worry than Bangladesh.

thanks...i always wanted to share emotions(sorrow when we lose and joy when we win!) with fellow bangladesh cricket team followers..i think bc is a great place to do that..i am glad to be a part of it.

and i agree with u...a mentally stable ash can be the best thing that can happen to us...he is a to good of a talent to lose..many will disagree with me coz he do not show in his performance...but i saw this guy when he played in the under 15 cup involving ind and Sl..he hit 2 centuries against Ind and Sl..i dont remember the players from ind and sl team but i remember that sl had farvez maharuf..just watching him bat in that tournament made me realise we were in for a guy who can dominate world cricket..but sadly he cracks up always..lets hope this time is the right reawakening of Ash

Tigers_eye
October 30, 2010, 09:38 AM
^^^
He's played 5 innings: 2 FC and 3 ListA

2 FC innings: 113, 26
3 ListA Innings: 40, 66* & 63

Check the sticky thread opened by Nadim to see the stats.
Thanks. Those are good numbers.
+++
Checked at Pagla's thread. Looks like he is in the same company of Rakibul, Tushar, Riyad, Naeem, Mushi. That doesn't speak of much. One has to show extra ordinary performance to replace someone in the national team nowadays. I am not convinced yet. This is a good step forward for him though; continue to build on this and do not eat too much of Kurbani'r goosh.
(Once bitten, twice shy.... Wham)

Habib
October 30, 2010, 09:44 AM
He needs to make atleast a ton in one day competition like Riyad. Only half centuries won't do.

akabir77
October 30, 2010, 10:32 AM
You guys can scream all u want. Saying this 50/60 not good enough. But I have a feeling that he will get in with these scores.

mac
October 30, 2010, 10:52 AM
Ash will be in the final squad. Keep our fingers crossed and see what happens next.

nakibahmed
October 30, 2010, 11:05 AM
A Consistent Ash in the International arena is always good for BD.

what are you talking about,i doubt if anything of that sort ever existed :P

But with ashraful's good form,i'd like to see him in the Zimbabwe series,maybe give him a one-match shot,if he fails,i say drop him like a hot potato!...given he performs well,he'd boost the bench for the WC,and jottoh jai hok,bhai,the guy played in two WCs,and iam sure we could do with a little experience in the squad(i doubt if ashraful's experience is worth anything,but still,the squad would look a little more formidable on paper).

MarufH
October 30, 2010, 11:24 AM
In form Ash does make our team look very threatening. So WC team (given ash keeps his form)

Tamim
Imrul
SN
Ash
Shak
Mushy
Mahmudullah
A power hitter (Suvagoto/Aftab/Alok/Reza.. anyone who can hit few sixes in powerplay)
Shuvo
Mash
Razzq
Rubel/Shafiul

nakibahmed
October 30, 2010, 12:30 PM
In form Ash does make our team look very threatening. So WC team (given ash keeps his form)

Tamim
Imrul
SN
Ash
Shak
Mushy
Mahmudullah
A power hitter (Suvagoto/Aftab/Alok/Reza.. anyone who can hit few sixes in powerplay)
Shuvo
Mash
Razzq
Rubel/Shafiul

why go to those under-performers(Hom excluded) when you have Chokka Naeem?...i'll be counting on him during the Zimbabwe series!

wiseshah
October 30, 2010, 12:35 PM
u decide.

Fox news: you report, we decide.

FagunerAgun
October 30, 2010, 01:38 PM
Ash is now a dilemma for BCB. We always need a 'well perfoming Ash'.

Dilscoop
October 30, 2010, 02:04 PM
I will take Ashraful with a broken bat, then Roqibul with 10 bats. And I hate Ash

Purbasha T
October 30, 2010, 02:45 PM
Seeing Ash at his best is the sole fantasy of every single Bangladesh cricket fan.

But hold your seatbelts guys, the return of the eNiGmA is not far away. :ninja:

Eshen
October 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
My question is - when was he out of form?!

Dilscoop
October 30, 2010, 03:14 PM
Btw where is being so IN FORM, that's I would like to know.

al Furqaan
October 30, 2010, 03:41 PM
Ash should not get a top order (1-5) spot for 2 reasons: primarily because he cannot succeed there, although he is perhaps a "natural #4" and wishes to play there. Secondly only #3 is the weak-link and either of SN or Jahirul should be tried there. That leaves 6-8, the finisher's role, and that is where we have weaknesses as well as an area of relatively little batting responsibility...perfect for a mentally frail Ash. Question is who out of Riyad or Naeem misses out? Question is, should we even be dumping Riyad/Naeem? Since they have not played a single decent lower-order innings since the NZ series, a span of at least 16 consecutive ODI matches (including 3 against Ireland and Netherlands), it is perhaps more a case of sorting things out rather than poor form. Both their NCL successes have come batting UP the order in a proper batting position.

That being said, I suspect Ash will do quite well in the ZIM series as another set of failures will certainly jeopordize his WC spot. I think they should keep him low down the order every game, or promote him only when we take the batting PP...let him earn a top order spot back. Our team is too good now for freebie hand outs, we never had options before.

We are having a good problem i.e not being able to pick an obvious XI. I can't remember a single time before now, where I've named an potential Bangladesh XI and been like "damn, there are still a couple guys who i'd love to stick in there, but they just won't fit!"

Rifat
October 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ash should not get a top order (1-5) spot for 2 reasons: primarily because he cannot succeed there, although he is perhaps a "natural #4" and wishes to play there. Secondly only #3 is the weak-link and either of SN or Jahirul should be tried there. That leaves 6-8, the finisher's role, and that is where we have weaknesses as well as an area of relatively little batting responsibility...perfect for a mentally frail Ash. Question is who out of Riyad or Naeem misses out? Question is, should we even be dumping Riyad/Naeem? Since they have not played a single decent lower-order innings since the NZ series, a span of at least 16 consecutive ODI matches (including 3 against Ireland and Netherlands), it is perhaps more a case of sorting things out rather than poor form. Both their NCL successes have come batting UP the order in a proper batting position.

That being said, I suspect Ash will do quite well in the ZIM series as another set of failures will certainly jeopordize his WC spot. I think they should keep him low down the order every game, or promote him only when we take the batting PP...let him earn a top order spot back. Our team is too good now for freebie hand outs, we never had options before.

We are having a good problem i.e not being able to pick an obvious XI. I can't remember a single time before now, where I've named an potential Bangladesh XI and been like "damn, there are still a couple guys who i'd love to stick in there, but they just won't fit!"

what will most likely happen IMO is Junaed will be replaced by Ashraful and the batting lineup will be reshuffled. I can't say if it is a good thing or a bad thing, it will be proven later.

Eshen
October 30, 2010, 04:23 PM
Btw where is being so IN FORM, that's I would like to know.
Well, according to Siddons, he is the best batsman in the nets. Being off form is rarely the issue for him, the issue is - he has frequent brain farts when he goes out to bat. He can get away with his bolodamy in domestic matches, but not so often in the international stage.

So, it's not a matter of whether he is in-form or off-form, it's the matter of whether the frequency of his brain farts gone down or not.

Dilscoop
October 30, 2010, 04:59 PM
He is an unsure young man. He is low in confidence. He needs a chick.

shajib14
October 30, 2010, 06:28 PM
I guess its a bad news. I mean how many years you need to pass a judgement on somebody. Ash really was never been consistent in his entire career. Plus selecticing him means we are losing the opportunity to test some promising players like Shuvagoto and few others from Under 19 Squad. We really need to move on , so that we always dont need to rely on Shakib ,Tamim or Mashrafe to Win Matches for us.

reyme
October 30, 2010, 07:36 PM
Well national team is not a place for under 19 players tryouts....
Ash maynot be consistent...but experince counts

godzilla
October 30, 2010, 09:08 PM
When Ash is in form, he makes Shewag look like an amature!

BTW what kind of form is he in. Is he in form with a decent strike rate or is it those 100 ball 60 runs form?

Dilscoop
October 30, 2010, 10:48 PM
^^ That's an overstatement

godzilla
October 30, 2010, 11:54 PM
^^ That's an overstatement

The statement about shewag was obviously a SCARCASM!!!!

mac
October 31, 2010, 12:45 AM
Very bad. Sign of apocalypse. End of the world is near.

max410
October 31, 2010, 12:57 AM
Good form in NCL and international cricket is not the same thing our NCL cricket is not that much up to the mark international cricket yet that we can judge a player by NCL performance ,NCL does not have world class bowler like murali , and others so judge your ability.
International cricket is not that easy for ashraful with failures after failure , the fact he will do well in one match and the rest he wont do well until 10 more games , since BD can win games without ashrafool why bother giving him a chance he has been given enough chances already.
I dont its just that his natural game of doing well in one match and failing to score in 10 its just something anyone can do . Look at TUSHAR IMRAN he was good in domestic league he could not do well in international matches .
My question is whats the use of talent if you cant utilize it , when the team needs you the most . IT S BASICALLY A WASTE OF TALENT

kalpurush
October 31, 2010, 02:55 AM
I will take Ashraful with a broken bat, then Roqibul with 10 bats. And I hate Ash
But I love Ash!

He is a good soul :)

kalpurush
October 31, 2010, 03:00 AM

Good one Furqaan bhai:)

al Furqaan
October 31, 2010, 03:00 AM
Well, according to Siddons, he is the best batsman in the nets. Being off form is rarely the issue for him, the issue is - he has frequent brain farts when he goes out to bat. He can get away with his bolodamy in domestic matches, but not so often in the international stage.

So, it's not a matter of whether he is in-form or off-form, it's the matter of whether the frequency of his brain farts gone down or not.

i agree...there really isn't any such thing as "form". its all in the head. a player might look scratchy when first arriving at teh crease and reel off a splending hundred. or he might look in great touch, and then suddenly inside edge one onto the stumps and depart for 18. its all transient.

ash needs to cut his brain farting rate down. way down.

kalpurush
October 31, 2010, 03:09 AM
All he needs is to use the "powder room" before he leaves the dressing room for batting!;)

Haru-party
October 31, 2010, 06:25 AM
very bad. Sign of apocalypse. End of the world is near.

2012 ???

lamisa
October 31, 2010, 10:09 AM
where does ash even fit in in the playing XI?

Rabz
October 31, 2010, 12:03 PM
^^ Ash in form, the team fits around him.

Ajfar
October 31, 2010, 01:00 PM
^ bhai those days are long gone. Team fits aroumd Shakib and Tamim and you know it.

mij
October 31, 2010, 03:17 PM
Who said ash is in form? We have seen that before, next international match its going to be struggle to get to double figure.

nycpro96
October 31, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ash in a finisher role should be tried out in the NCL. I mean as much I really dislike Ash for his inconsistency, there's no way you can tell me that when Ash is batting on song that it isn't worth having popcorn around. I mean Ash is sublime when he's on song. His stroke play, elegance, timing, and footwork is all commendable but he's just so damn inconsistent.

Tigers_eye
October 31, 2010, 05:14 PM
Block, block and block with this those who are making loud noise here will turn around and kick him once he is undeservedly gets back in to the team.

Tigers_eye
October 31, 2010, 05:16 PM
I'd take Zia or Nazmul any day over these over-rated 23 averaged (ki honu ray) players.

Habib
October 31, 2010, 10:29 PM
Block, block and block with this those who are making loud noise here will turn around and kick him once he is undeservedly gets back in to the team.

This prophecy will prove itself in due time.

rezwansyed
November 1, 2010, 02:15 AM
An in-form Ash is always the best batsman of BD & one of the very best in the world, regardless of his career stats. Even the worst critic of Ash will and always did drop their jaws in wonder when an in-form Ash does his thing. I'll give Ash a sure spot in the nat xi...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shuziburo
November 1, 2010, 09:44 AM
A Consistent Ash in the International arena is always good for BD. Though its unlikely to happen. I will be happy if he proves me wrong, which he didn't in the last 10 long years. Besides, he should stop dropping catches as well.

Ash has pulled this trick (perform well domestically, get in the XI, and flop) before and will probably do it again. Having said that, he will probably be included in the XI (because of insanity at BCB, see Einstein's definition) and break our hearts again.

Bond
November 1, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ashraful is the most consistent batsmen we have ever produced. Bangladesh's top 5 batsmen are as follows
1: Mohammed Ashraful (Legendary Don Bradman's reincarnation)
2: Rokibul Hasan (killing me softly)
3: Tamim
4: Shakib
5: Imrul

Murad
November 1, 2010, 09:51 AM
^^^
stop making fun of Ash man. im sure you are one of the haters of Ash but pretending to be his fan.

Habib
November 1, 2010, 09:53 AM
^^^
stop making fun of Ash man. im sure you are one of the haters of Ash but pretending to be his fan.

It took you this much time to realize that Murad vai? :P

Bond
November 1, 2010, 09:54 AM
^^^

You think you are the only supporter OF Sir. Mohammed Ashraful, i am his hardcore die hard fan too. His inclusion in the team will help was solve our finisher problem, he's our Andrew Symonds and Harbajan Singh with the ball. He clearly is a better hitter than Riyahd, Naeem combined. Why will i pretend to hate Ashraful? Dude chill, he's my favorite player.

Murad
November 1, 2010, 09:59 AM
It took you this much time to realize that Murad vai? :P

:-D
I realized that when he joined. But didn't want to say anything. I used to have a feeling that this is his 2nd nick in BC.

Murad
November 1, 2010, 10:00 AM
You think you are the only supporter OF Sir. Mohammed Ashraful, i am his hardcore die hard fan too. His inclusion in the team will help was solve our finisher problem, he's our Andrew Symonds and Harbajan Singh with the ball. He clearly is a better hitter than Riyahd, Naeem combined. Why will i pretend to hate Ashraful? Dude chill, he's my favorite player.

:notworthy::notworthy:

kiriket
November 1, 2010, 10:03 AM

BTW what kind of form is he in. Is he in form with a decent strike rate or is it those 100 ball 60 runs form?

Yes shewag when he was six or eight? becoz 3 ash = 1 shewag = 1 sakib

Bond
November 1, 2010, 10:05 AM
:-D
I realized that when he joined. But didn't want to say anything. I used to have a feeling that this is his 2nd nick in BC.

What do u mean by 2nd Nick? How can you have two accounts? The mods will know if you do and ban you immediately, just like what happened to Hoax I think. It's stupid to have 2 accounts in forums anyway, what a sad life for those guys.

Habib
November 1, 2010, 10:08 AM
What do u mean by 2nd Nick? How can you have two accounts? The mods will know if you do and ban you immediately, just like what happened to Hoax I think. It's stupid to have 2 accounts in forums anyway, what a sad life for those guys.

^^Offtopic- what is hoax's other nick anyway, does anyone know?

magic boy
November 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
^Habib :p

Habib
November 1, 2010, 10:50 AM
^Habib :p

I have a feeling it could be magic boy TBH :P

Tiger444
November 1, 2010, 10:58 AM
Ash in form is always a plus for our team..the problem is he's rarely in form and don't forget this year his SR has been the worst and his average is the 2nd worst ahead of another faltu batsman Aftab..so just because he's scored 2 fifties in the NCL doesn't mean he's in form..and I also want to mention that he got out in the 1st match at a crucial point of the chase and then the 3rd match he got out at a time when Dhaka needed him..although he won 1 match for them..his problem is he can throw his wicket away at a crucial point of the innings and it seems he's still doing that..unless he improves on this then he should not be in the starting lineup..

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 11:40 AM
Yes shewag when he was six or eight? becoz 3 ash = 1 shewag = 1 sakib ore bap!! Voy paichi ami.. Darun voy paichi.. Tai naki bhai??
Bhai uni just bolche when ash in on song that means ash r best innings gulor kotha bolche... Nd amr mone hoy na bhul bolche.. R shewag re niye ato lafaben na! Ya.. In test he is a great batsman.. 1 day te?? 32 avg unar.. 1 day te uni ash r aktu improved version chara r kichu nah... R kichu bollam na...

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hasho miara! Hasho!! Mark my word!!
In WC 11 our leading run scorer will be Ashraful.. If anyone take it as joke or anything he is totally worng... Just mark my word...

Night_wolf
November 1, 2010, 11:56 AM
In WC 11 our leading run scorer will be Ashraful.. If anyone take it as joke or anything he is totally worng... Just mark my word...

if ur words come true then i believe our dream of reaching the world cup qf is a goner!! :-p

Habib
November 1, 2010, 12:08 PM
if ur words come true then i believe our dream of reaching the world cup qf is a goner!! :-p

qft.

Habib
November 1, 2010, 12:13 PM
ore bap!! Voy paichi ami.. Darun voy paichi.. Tai naki bhai??
Bhai uni just bolche when ash in on song that means ash r best innings gulor kotha bolche... Nd amr mone hoy na bhul bolche.. R shewag re niye ato lafaben na! Ya.. In test he is a great batsman.. 1 day te?? 32 avg unar.. 1 day te uni ash r aktu improved version chara r kichu nah... R kichu bollam na...

Not really. 9 runs difference in average is much bigger than it looks. 30-35 average means the batsman is not very good but OK. On the other hand 23 average means the batsman is crap & a lower order material. Although now a days top teams have some lower order batsmen averaging more than 25.

Ahsan
November 1, 2010, 02:31 PM

yes, leading run scorer in terms of leading, NOT trailing, zeroes!

Fazal
November 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
It’s pointless to discuss if this guy is "in-form" or "out-of form", when in reality this guy is form-less like gaseous material.... maybe that explains from where all those brain-farts are coming from (as someone mentioned earlier).

Its not only gaseous material, its colorless and some smell. You open the windo and trun the fan and thought its gone, the moment you thought you get rid of the smell, it slowly start creeping back to the room from again.

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 10:12 PM
Not really. 9 runs difference in average is much bigger than it looks. 30-35 average means the batsman is not very good but OK. On the other hand 23 average means the batsman is crap & a lower order material. Although now a days top teams have some lower order batsmen averaging more than 25.

i know that bt u know the way he talked about shewag.. Ki bolbo.. Fal diya utcilo..:p jeno moha bhul kore felche.. Jeno all time greatest shewag... Uni to r ble nai je overall ash better than viru.. Shudu blche on those eid days.. Thats it..

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 10:13 PM

bhai hashen thik ache bt khepen ken?? :p.. Jai hok.. Time will say..

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 10:18 PM

bhai re.. Ki shuru hoiya gelo.. Aita boila ki ghore agun lagiye dilam naki.. :p Fireservice k keo inform koro keo taratari...

iDumb
November 1, 2010, 10:19 PM
I
Its not only gaseous material, its colorless and some smell. You open the windo and trun the fan and thought its gone, the moment you thought you get rid of the smell, it slowly start creeping back to the room from again.

For a second I wasn't sure if you were talking about Ashraful or yourself. In some ironic way, you are just like the man you hate.

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 10:36 PM
It’s pointless to discuss if this guy is "in-form" or "out-of form", when in reality this guy is form-less like gaseous material.... maybe that explains from where all those brain-farts are coming from (as someone mentioned earlier).

For a second I wasn't sure if you were talking about Ashraful or yourself. In some ironic way, you are just like the man you hate.

qft.

Yes shewag when he was six or eight? becoz 3 ash = 1 shewag = 1 sakib

next
world war is coming... Dowran.. Shobai dowran

rezwansyed
November 2, 2010, 04:14 AM
Ash is a performer at the big stage. WC is as big as it gets. I wanna see when he does it, what kind of 'brainfart' these critics produce...but I very much doubt any of them will show their face.:-P hold tight!

RazabQ
November 2, 2010, 04:30 AM
http://blogs.cricinfo.com/diffstrokes/archives/2010/10/owais_shah_the_limits_of_talen.php

This article discusses Owais Shah but could very well have been written about our own Ashar-phul

riankhan
November 2, 2010, 05:43 AM
Ash's averages:
First class ODI: 202 matches, avg 23.11
ODI int: 163 matches, avg 23.45
Last 20 innings are (Runs): 22, 9, 10, 4, 20, 3, 63, 0, 5, 75, 29, 13, 4, 5, 1, 31, 20, 9, 14, 13
This is why people react as above (posts).
By the way, is there any way to find who dropped most catches for BD?

Rabz
November 2, 2010, 05:57 AM
In WC 11 our leading run scorer will be Ashraful..

Ameen.
Hope that stat would be cover 9 matches we'd play in this world cup. :D

mac
November 2, 2010, 06:03 AM
Ash's averages:
Last 20 innings are (Runs): 22, 9, 10, 4, 20, 3, 63, 0, 5, 75, 29, 13, 4, 5, 1, 31, 20, 9, 14, 13

Habibul Bashar or Mushfiqur Rahim.

Murad
November 2, 2010, 06:14 AM
Ash's averages:

Ash haters will try to find anything to bash him. Not unexpected. Everyone knows how bad his form was since January. And that is the reason he was dropped against England at home and away and NZ series.

About the catches, it is obviously not him. He is one of the best catchers in the team. He dropped 1/2 in last few series thats because of his poor form with the bat.

beshideshi
November 2, 2010, 07:13 AM
Ash haters will try to find anything to bash him. Not unexpected. Everyone knows how bad his form was since January. And that is the reason he was dropped against England at home and away and NZ series.

About the catches, it is obviously not him. He is one of the best catchers in the team. He dropped 1/2 in last few series thats because of his poor form with the bat.

I won't be surprised if he is the guy who dropped most catches, BECAUSE he has played twice as many games as the others, so even if his dropped catch per game is half of Mushy's, Ash will still end up with greater number of dropped catches.

And Murad bhai, I used to be a huge, huge ash fan, but lost faith in him over the past 6 months. I know he is still the very best batsman Bangladesh has, he just needs to sort out some psychological issues and he will be fine. I believe he tends to overthink and complicate simple things too much, he should just go out there think about each ball separately and not take any pressure.

Also, a performing Ash will always make us a more threatening team. I also believe he has a lot more to offer, hopefully he gets a chance in this Zim series, shows what he is made of and repays Bangladesh cricket.

Murad
November 2, 2010, 07:40 AM
^^^
It might be Habibul Bashar who's dropped most catches. Even though Ash played most games, he rarely drops catches.

I'm one of his huge fan and will always be. As I said in my earlier posts in this thread, I don't want to see him in Zimbabwe series and WC. I want him to be out of the national team for at least a year. He needs to play more domestic cricket and also for A-team to sort out his mistakes and become consistent.

Ajfar
November 2, 2010, 07:59 AM
I dont understand why people has to label one another as Ash hate or Ash lover. Just because I look at him from a different point of view than you doesnt make me a hater. There is nothing Rian bhai said in his message that makes him an Ash hater. All he did was state the fact. All he did was explain why some members in BC are mad at BCB for giving Ashraful some a high rank contract. Whats so wrong with that. Its not like he said ashraful tui amar shotru ja mor giya.

metallian
November 2, 2010, 08:04 AM
^^^
It might be Habibul Bashar who's dropped most catches. Even though Ash played most games, he rarely drops catches.

I'm one of his huge fan and will always be. As I said in my earlier posts in this thread, I don't want to see him in Zimbabwe series and WC. I want him to be out of the national team for at least a year. He needs to play more domestic cricket and also for A-team to sort out his mistakes and become consistent.

That's ridiculous. Ash has been consistent lately. And bangladesh has a poor batting line-up to begin with, we don't have a better replacement than ashraful at the moment. Ash SHOULD be included in the Zimbabwe series and I will be very surprised if he doesn't. This is the last series before the world cup, we definitely need to see his performance at the international level to evaluate him for the World Cup.

Murad
November 2, 2010, 08:13 AM
I dont understand why people has to label one another as Ash hate or Ash lover. Just because I look at him from a different point of view than you doesnt make me a hater. There is nothing Rian bhai said in his message that makes him an Ash hater. All he did was state the fact. All he did was explain why some members in BC are mad at BCB for giving Ashraful some a high rank contract. Whats so wrong with that. Its not like he said ashraful tui amar shotru ja mor giya.

Well, Ajfar, you could have raised this question when some people kept calling us, Ash fans "Ash Lover", "A$$ kisser", etc. I hardly use the word "Ash haters" here.

And this thread is not about his contract issues. This is about his domestic form. And the reason I called him Ash hater because he is also one of those who called us Ash lover or whatever in the past and often bashed Ash for anything. Ektu chance paileii hoise...

beshideshi
November 2, 2010, 08:24 AM
Murad bhai,
You have made a valid point about Ash staying away from the national team and 'finding himself'. But that is a bit selfish[of him] in my opinion. I think Bangladesh needs him in the wc more than Ash needs to play for Bangladesh.
I know in the long run it will be beneficiary if he stays away from the national team and understands the importance of being Ashraful, being as immensely talented he is, a lot of responsibility comes with it.The sooner he realises it, the better it is for Bangladesh and Ash.

The reason why I say he is mighty talented is, I was watching one of Tendulkar's innings in his early 20s that day, and Ash played a very similar innings against England[94(50odd)]. Both of them are immensely talented, one more than the other, but I think it's the mental strength that has resulted in the vast difference of averages these two have.

Ajfar
November 2, 2010, 08:35 AM
Murad bhai my post wasn't directed at you. I was speaking in general. And I did mention in my post "Ash lover or hater". I don't keep track of who's saying what to whom, so I wasn't trying to defend Rian bhai or attack you. I was trying to refer to just how people talk about one another. rag koiren na bhai.

M.H.Rubel
November 2, 2010, 08:37 AM
From recent circumstances it seems to me Ash will get a chance in the series against Zim.He may get chance in the playing 11 as well in #4 or #6.I am sure he will do better in middle order than top order.But i am not sure about his extent of better performance and wheather it will be enough for him to survive in the team as lot of good players are waiting in the sideline.

Night_wolf
November 2, 2010, 08:48 AM
A good argument never hurts anybody!!

Tiger Manc
November 2, 2010, 09:21 AM
Ash's averages:

good post. he's only scored 1 50+ against the g8 in the last 2 years!! (excluding windies a team)

his bowling stats are even worse. he's taken 1 wicket against the g8 in the last 7 YEARS!!

riankhan
November 2, 2010, 02:37 PM
Well, Ajfar, you could have raised this question when some people kept calling us, Ash fans "Ash Lover", "A$$ kisser", etc. I hardly use the word "Ash haters" here.

And this thread is not about his contract issues. This is about his domestic form. And the reason I called him Ash hater because he is also one of those who called us Ash lover or whatever in the past and often bashed Ash for anything. Ektu chance paileii hoise...

Nothing personal with you bro. I always enjoy an argument as long as its decent.

whatever in the past and often bashed Ash for anything.

When people bash Mash (one of my fav), I try to prove his worthiness by facts and stats, respecting their freedom of opinion. We all have different ways to express it.

Ektu chance paileii hoise...

Yes......I always look for that "chance", its even in my favorite list! :)
But trust me....if he plays consistently, I'll be the one to bow..
My heart loves BD cricket, same as yours.

Eshen
November 2, 2010, 03:42 PM
To be fair to Ashraful, on home grounds, he is still a better ODI batsman than GoBoy, Rock, or Big Z is.

ODI batting stats on home grounds (against G8) in last two years -

<table class="engineTable"><thead><tr class="headlinks"><th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Player (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=player;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=s pan;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=start;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Mat (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=matches;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Inns (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=innings;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">NO (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=notouts;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Runs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=spa n;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=high_score;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanva l1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Ave (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=batting_average;orderbyad=reverse;span min1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=re sults;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">BF (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=balls_faced;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanv al1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">SR (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=batting_strike_rate;spanmin1=02+Nov+20 08;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;type=bat ting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">100 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=hundreds;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1 =span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">50 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=fifty_plus;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanva l1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">0 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=ducks;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">4s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=fours;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">6s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=sixes;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shakib Al Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56143.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>13</td> <td>2</td> <td>511</td> <td class="padAst">106</td> <td>46.45</td> <td>562</td> <td>90.92</td> <td>1</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>50</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mahmudullah (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56025.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>11</td> <td>3</td> <td>338</td> <td>64*</td> <td>42.25</td> <td>425</td> <td>79.52</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>30</td> <td>3</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tamim Iqbal (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56194.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>9</td> <td>9</td> <td>0</td> <td>320</td> <td class="padAst">125</td> <td>35.55</td> <td>344</td> <td>93.02</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>43</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Imrul Kayes (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/280734.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>11</td> <td>11</td> <td>0</td> <td>376</td> <td class="padAst">70</td> <td>34.18</td> <td>586</td> <td>64.16</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>35</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Naeem Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56054.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> <td>5</td> <td>166</td> <td class="padAst">25</td> <td>33.20</td> <td>194</td> <td>85.56</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>12</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shahriar Nafees (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56153.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>119</td> <td class="padAst">73</td> <td>29.75</td> <td>125</td> <td>95.20</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>21</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mohammad Ashraful (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55988.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>6</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>160</td> <td class="padAst">75</td> <td>26.66</td> <td>231</td> <td>69.26</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>15</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Raqibul Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56093.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> <td>2</td> <td>200</td> <td>43*</td> <td>25.00</td> <td>402</td> <td>49.75</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>11</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mushfiqur Rahim (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56029.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>12</td> <td>0</td> <td>287</td> <td class="padAst">76</td> <td>23.91</td> <td>391</td> <td>73.40</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>20</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Aftab Ahmed (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56266.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>52</td> <td class="padAst">46</td> <td>17.33</td> <td>70</td> <td>74.28</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Junaid Siddique (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55946.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>7</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> <td>72</td> <td class="padAst">30</td> <td>10.28</td> <td>112</td> <td>64.28</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Ajfar
November 2, 2010, 04:56 PM
^ even aftab has a better average than Big Z at home. Thats sad.

Fazal
November 2, 2010, 05:09 PM

I thought I am in your ignore list. Oh I see, you just changed your user id.

shooo... shooo.... go away.... don't bother me !!!!

RazabQ
November 2, 2010, 05:26 PM
Fazal mamu - read the CI piece on Owais. It describes Ash to a T

al Furqaan
November 2, 2010, 06:05 PM
To be fair to Ashraful, on home grounds, he is still a better ODI batsman than GoBoy, Rock, or Big Z is.

ODI batting stats on home grounds (against G8) in last two years -

<table class="engineTable"><thead><tr class="headlinks"><th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Player (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=player;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=s pan;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=start;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Mat (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=matches;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Inns (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=innings;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">NO (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=notouts;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Runs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=spa n;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=high_score;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanva l1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Ave (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=batting_average;orderbyad=reverse;span min1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=re sults;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">BF (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=balls_faced;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanv al1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">SR (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=batting_strike_rate;spanmin1=02+Nov+20 08;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;type=bat ting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">100 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=hundreds;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1 =span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">50 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=fifty_plus;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanva l1=span;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">0 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=ducks;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">4s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=fours;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">6s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1; opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=sixes;spanmin1=02+Nov+2008;spanval1=sp an;team=25;template=results;type=batting)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shakib Al Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56143.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>13</td> <td>2</td> <td>511</td> <td class="padAst">106</td> <td>46.45</td> <td>562</td> <td>90.92</td> <td>1</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>50</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mahmudullah (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56025.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>11</td> <td>3</td> <td>338</td> <td>64*</td> <td>42.25</td> <td>425</td> <td>79.52</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>30</td> <td>3</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tamim Iqbal (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56194.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>9</td> <td>9</td> <td>0</td> <td>320</td> <td class="padAst">125</td> <td>35.55</td> <td>344</td> <td>93.02</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>43</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Imrul Kayes (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/280734.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>11</td> <td>11</td> <td>0</td> <td>376</td> <td class="padAst">70</td> <td>34.18</td> <td>586</td> <td>64.16</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>35</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Naeem Islam (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56054.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> <td>5</td> <td>166</td> <td class="padAst">25</td> <td>33.20</td> <td>194</td> <td>85.56</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>12</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Shahriar Nafees (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56153.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>4</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>119</td> <td class="padAst">73</td> <td>29.75</td> <td>125</td> <td>95.20</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>21</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mohammad Ashraful (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55988.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>6</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>160</td> <td class="padAst">75</td> <td>26.66</td> <td>231</td> <td>69.26</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>15</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Raqibul Hasan (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56093.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> <td>2</td> <td>200</td> <td>43*</td> <td>25.00</td> <td>402</td> <td>49.75</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>11</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Mushfiqur Rahim (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56029.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>13</td> <td>12</td> <td>0</td> <td>287</td> <td class="padAst">76</td> <td>23.91</td> <td>391</td> <td>73.40</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>20</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Aftab Ahmed (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56266.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2010-2010</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>52</td> <td class="padAst">46</td> <td>17.33</td> <td>70</td> <td>74.28</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Junaid Siddique (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/55946.html)</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2009-2010</td> <td>7</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> <td>72</td> <td class="padAst">30</td> <td>10.28</td> <td>112</td> <td>64.28</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> </tr></tbody></table>

riyad and naeem's good stats don't count. the numbers don't reflect how poorly they've played. same for ash, his 75 is skewing the digits.

rahim i think is a much better player than the numbers indicate, so i'd say his stats don't count either.

having said that, yes, the numbers do speak loudest. and everyone has made their case via the NCL and deserves to be looked at in the training camp. but people need to be played in the proper spots. rahim should bat up the order, ash should bat down.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2010, 06:20 PM
All-Time ODI Averages vs T7 Nations (ex. WI) in "Seam-friendly" Countries

source (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;host=1;host=2;h ost=3;host=5;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition= 3;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppositio n=8;orderby=batting_average;size=25;team=25;templa te=results;type=batting)

Overall, SN, Jahirul, Imrul are the surprising top 3...although Imrul with 8 innings has the most experience. Shakib is notoriously low, averaging a mere 16 thru 14 innings. Ash, the leading run scorer, averages a "middle of the pack" 24.

DotBall
November 2, 2010, 08:26 PM
it is good news for ash but not so good for bd cricket. he didn't learn anything during the time he was away from international cricket. wether he is in form or not, he will play wc2011. a group in bcb will always prefer to take ash in the team.

iDumb
November 2, 2010, 08:33 PM
I thought I am in your ignore list. Oh I see, you just changed your user id.

shooo... shooo.... go away.... don't bother me !!!!

You are under performing here already. I don't even know why some members on this board rate your "jokes" so highly. Come up with an Eid post buddy - it's been a while.

reyme
November 2, 2010, 10:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder is it possible that there are more threads on Ashraful in BC than all other threads combined. Has to be at least 20%. Lets do this:
> grep -i Ash* *
probabaly will be a billion hit. No wonde he is a grade A+.
He is an enigma, cant stand him, cant live without him.

Ajfar
November 2, 2010, 10:46 PM
^If someone opened up a forum for Ashraful alone, they can easily run BC out of business.

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2010, 02:23 AM
^If someone opened up a forum for Ashraful alone, they can easily run BC out of business.
Please do. Those threads are already poluting BC for a long time. Even an "official everything" didn't help.

Tehsin? Can you do the honor please?

Murad
November 3, 2010, 09:32 AM
Murad bhai my post wasn't directed at you. I was speaking in general. And I did mention in my post "Ash lover or hater". I don't keep track of who's saying what to whom, so I wasn't trying to defend Rian bhai or attack you. I was trying to refer to just how people talk about one another. rag koiren na bhai.

Nothing personal with you bro. I always enjoy an argument as long as its decent.

When people bash Mash (one of my fav), I try to prove his worthiness by facts and stats, respecting their freedom of opinion. We all have different ways to express it.

Yes......I always look for that "chance", its even in my favorite list! :)
But trust me....if he plays consistently, I'll be the one to bow..
My heart loves BD cricket, same as yours.

I'm sorry guys, I think I was over-reacting. Raag koirenna apnara.. :)

riankhan
November 3, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry guys, I think I was over-reacting. Raag koirenna apnara.. :)

No probs bro.....keep up the good work.:)

Murad
November 3, 2010, 10:02 AM
Please do. Those threads are already poluting BC for a long time. Even an "official everything" didn't help.

Tehsin? Can you do the honor please?

hehe. Visit na korlei paren ;) Ami to dekhi or fan er cheye non-fans rai thread gulo ke HIT kore dei. :-p

Btw, most of these threads are opened by his critics, not by his fans :)

Nadim
November 3, 2010, 10:03 AM
there should be a sub forum for ashraful ...?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

roman
November 3, 2010, 10:16 AM
I wonder what will happen to BC if Ash starts to perform like Tamim and Shak. Amar to mone hoi notun notun thread er jalai BC te dhokai jabe na :)

al Furqaan
November 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
I wonder what will happen to BC if Ash starts to perform like Tamim and Shak. Amar to mone hoi notun notun thread er jalai BC te dhokai jabe na :)

theek bolchen.

Ash is always in form on BC. He has a new thread at least every week, and every thread gathers a century of posts. I wonder what his BC average would be??? Certainly 75 or so, thats Bradman territory. And the consistency!

Haru-party
November 3, 2010, 11:14 AM

ami bujhina shobar notun thread-a alergy kno???....amito notun thread dekhle bejay khushi hoi..........notun bottle-a puran mod...to hoisetaki? bottle to notun

Rabz
November 3, 2010, 11:30 AM

We'd have a whole sub forum dedicated to Ash and Ash only.

shuziburo
November 3, 2010, 02:08 PM

If you check my pre-2010 posts, you will find that I was a big fan of Ash. However, I am a mere mortal who can take only so much disappointment from such a natural talent. You can be an all-time great with talent, discipline, and determination. You can be great with the last two. With talent alone, you are destined to be like Ash or Vinod Kambli. I will be very happy if Ash proves me wrong, but I don't hold much hope for it.

roman
November 3, 2010, 02:52 PM
Just want to add something. I dont think no one hates Ash over here. We might have different point of view but the bottom line is we all want the best for our country. Ash is not in form and thats why we are crticizing him but this does not and should not make us Ash hater.

bujhee kom
November 3, 2010, 04:13 PM
Listen bhais, Ash is cash! Good as gold! Solid Gold! Always good.

Tiger444
November 3, 2010, 11:18 PM
I was a huge fan of Ash at 1st when I started following BD cricket..I still like Ash a lot but I've just gotten tired of his inconsistency and now since we have more consistent players I just don't see why Ash should just be able to come back just because he's Ash..the thing is if Ash performed more consistently then we wouldn't have people criticizing him so much..it's with every player and its no different for Ash..he's still only 26 so he has time to improve but for that to happen he has to work very hard..

lamisa
November 5, 2010, 04:11 AM
honestly it's high time we had a sub forum on ash only!

thebest
November 5, 2010, 05:47 AM
Ash was never off form ; it was fielder's fault that they were catching all his lofted shot or bowlers were bowling too straight.

M.H.Rubel
November 5, 2010, 07:30 AM
Ash was never off form ; it was fielder's fault that they were catching all his lofted shot or bowlers were bowling too straight.

LOL

Rifat
November 6, 2010, 10:06 PM
Just want to add something. I dont think no one hates Ash over here. We might have different point of view but the bottom line is we all want the best for our country. Ash is not in form and thats why we are crticizing him but this does not and should not make us Ash hater.

well said sir :clap:

BANFAN
November 7, 2010, 07:11 AM
Any player in form is good for BD cricket, wheather he plays in National team or not.

al Furqaan
November 8, 2010, 09:50 AM
this prolly the best form ash has ever been on...i still hope JS does NOT put him at a top order spot. thank God rock performed otherwise ash would have been in that spot for sure. not that rock's NZ performance was any worse, but still.

Rabz
November 8, 2010, 01:04 PM
With a dwindling Junaed, Jahurul and SN not helping his cause, I see Ash coming back to the top of the order.
In form, Ash should be our perfect No 3.

Ashfaq
November 8, 2010, 01:32 PM
^^ God no. Have we not seen what the no.3 spot did to Ash, and Ash to it in return? They hate each other. Junaed is doing fine there. Ash should come in no 4 or 5, no earlier.

roman
November 8, 2010, 01:57 PM
IMO the best place for Ash is #4. I hope the team mgmt wont do anymore experiments with his batting order. Let him settle down for god's sake...We have seen enough of the experiments with him. Give this guy a break

AsifTheManRahman
November 8, 2010, 05:30 PM
You guys want Ash at #4 but I say give Rakibul a kick in the butt and let Mushy - who is not a #6,7,8 or 9 by any stretch of the imagination unlike what some of the geniuses in the management will lead you to believe - bat up there for a good number of series. He has a better case than Ash and we will see the benefits in due time.

The smart thing to do would be to not consider Ash for the next few series, even if it means that he misses the world cup. And give everyone a good whipping for not scoring enough runs.

tiger_2007
November 8, 2010, 05:50 PM
An in-form Ashraful should be included in the team.

Here is my list.

1) Tamim
2) Imrul
3) Rakibul
4) Ashraful
5) Shakib
6) Mushfique
7) Mahmudulla
8) Mashraffe (if he is fit)
9) Abdur Razzak
10) Shafiul
11) Rubel

simon
November 8, 2010, 07:02 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-09/news/107708
Ash jebhabe run korchey I say Ash is a must in Zim series.
shld bat at 4.

tiger_omar
November 8, 2010, 10:58 PM
You guys want Ash at #4 but I say give Rakibul a kick in the butt and let Mushy - who is not a #6,7,8 or 9 by any stretch of the imagination unlike what some of the geniuses in the management will lead you to believe - bat up there for a good number of series. He has a better case than Ash and we will see the benefits in due time.

I completely agree with that. I think we should move up Mushfiq to number 4, Shakib at number 5 and Ash at number 6. That way we could probably have Ash during the powerplay which can be a big boost for us.

cricket_pagol
November 9, 2010, 12:59 AM
I would support having Ash lower down the order at #6 or #7... He is perfect for lower order. i would not have him in the team for top order.

Jadukor
November 9, 2010, 02:09 AM
I think the team management won't play ash at 6 or 7 like some of us are hoping.... we will probably see him take the number 4 spot in some of the odis if the regular no. 4 fails a couple of matches.... this will mean that all our firepower will still remain in the top 5...and we will have lame hitters like Mahmudullah and Naeem to screw up the powerplay...

lamisa
November 9, 2010, 10:27 AM
i don't have any faith on this guy whatsoever!like he didn't perform in our poor domestic league before,come back in the team and fail MISERABLY before!

AsifTheManRahman
November 9, 2010, 10:46 AM
I completely agree with that. I think we should move up Mushfiq to number 4, Shakib at number 5 and Ash at number 6. That way we could probably have Ash during the powerplay which can be a big boost for us.
No no, I don't want to see him in the team at all for a while.

PoorFan
November 9, 2010, 11:08 AM
As long as Rakibul, Mahmudullah, Nayeem and Shuvho sucks ... Ash always has chance to make in, like it or not.

RazabQ
November 9, 2010, 11:27 AM
Asif, other than Ash, I don't see too many options down the order to be inventive during the PP and slog overs. Mushy @ #4 may be fine.

sir john
November 9, 2010, 11:41 AM
ash deserve a place in team always.

Rabz
November 9, 2010, 12:03 PM
..and Ash continues to reign supreme on BC.
Like him or hate him, he is still our favourite subject.

napoleonIV
November 9, 2010, 12:27 PM
ash deserve a place in team always.

Always??..Are you kidding? A man with around 23 average should be an automatic selection?

Coming to the batting position thing, I do believe he should play late in the order..6-7. It is time we realize that he is not the BRADMAN fans and media have made him out to be. In my personal opinion, he is kind of a Shahid Afridi....not a top-order batsmen....but good for late-innings impetus..and capable of playing a magic innnigs every once in a while. Also, an occasional century here and there does not make a 23 average a superb batsmen. Shahid Afridi is a test centurion too. I know, some fans will fry me because I have compared one of the greatest batsmen of our era with someone as ordinary as Shahid Afridi..but in my eyes..he is nothing more and hence should bat in similar position. I apologize for the blasphemy :).

AsifTheManRahman
November 9, 2010, 12:47 PM
In my personal opinion, he is kind of a Shahid Afridi
Not to mention he bowls leg spin too. :)

auntu
November 9, 2010, 03:52 PM
He is better than Raqibul, huh?