PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful handed top-level central contract

Nadim
November 1, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mohammad Ashraful has been awarded a top-level central contract despite not playing in Bangladesh's recent historic 4-0 one-day series victory against New Zealand. He is one of six players handed an A+ deal with the board and is among 16 contracts handed out across four levels along with two rookie players.

Ashraful has been in and out of the Bangladesh squad throughout the year, which began with him missing the home series against England in March before being recalled for the return contest during May and June where he played both Tests at Lord's at Old Trafford. Following a poor Asia Cup in Sri Lanka he was then dumped again only to be recalled as injury cover during the one-dayers in England.

However, patience again ran out for the visit of New Zealand last month where Bangladesh secured their first series victory against major opposition but Ashraful, who averages a disappointing 23.45 after 163 ODIs, is clearly still close to the selectors' thoughts with four months to go until the World Cup.

The other players handed top contracts are unsurprising with Tamim Iqbal, who missed the New Zealand series with a wrist injury, named alongside captain Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzaq and Mushfiqur Rahim.

The A-band of deals on the level below include Junaid Siddique, who has been a solid presence at No. 3 during the year after hitting his maiden Test century against England in Chittagong, along with allrounder Mahmudullah and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain.

Raqibul Hasan, the middle-order batsman, who angrily announced his retirement during England's tour to Bangladesh after being omitted from the squad before reversing his decision, has been given a C-grade contract. Enamul Haque, the left-arm spinner, and middle-order batsman Mehrab Hossain were the two players not to have their contracts renewed from the previous batch.

Bangladesh's next assignment will be hosting Zimbabwe for a one-day series some time before Christmas and that is another contest they will be expected to win following the impressive displays against New Zealand.

Grade A+: Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal

Grade A: Shahadat Hossain, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah

Grade B: Syed Rasel, Raqibul Hasan, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Imrul Kayes, Rubel Hossain

Grade C: Shafiul Islam

Rookie Grade: Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Sohrawordi

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/484743.html

What a joke!! Shahdat A Grade but Shafiul C grade???

Sir Ashraful er kotha ar bollam na...

dolcevita
November 1, 2010, 10:29 AM
Give A pinnacle contract to ashrafool .
What a joke , he deserves a rookies contract at best
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

magic boy
November 1, 2010, 10:35 AM
Grade B: Syed Rasel, Raqibul Hasan, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Imrul Kayes, Rubel Hossain

Grade C: Shafiul Islam

I feel sorry for them. they deserve better rank ! rather than Ashraful !!

roman
November 1, 2010, 10:37 AM
I think the grading is based on number of years of service, number of matches played and performance. I think Shahadat has played more games than Shafiul, but Shafiul deserves to be in B for sure.

Ar Ash er kotha....According to BCB, he is too big of a player to come out of A+ group.

Holden
November 1, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah I posted in the other thread that it seems that experience counts more than recent performance towards deciding the contracts. This would explain why players like Ashraful, Shahadat and even Razzak are on a too high level, whilst others like Shafiul seem to be on a too low level. I guess if Shafiul performs well till the next time they decide the contracts, then he will probably be promoted a couple of levels.

M.H.Rubel
November 1, 2010, 10:50 AM
Is there any relation between number of match played and this gradin?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shakibrulz
November 1, 2010, 10:50 AM
He deserves the contract for not playing.

shakibrulz
November 1, 2010, 10:52 AM
And I take insult by placing Iceman among other mortals. Iceman along with maybe tamim should be given an A++ grade or others should be demoted.

_Rafi_
November 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
Nothing bias here...Ash is just a beneficiary of a very unscientific contract system of BCB which counts experience more than performence.

Habib
November 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
He deserves the contract for not playing.

This.

lamisa
November 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
what????ash A+?hahahahahaha!!!!!

dolcevita
November 1, 2010, 10:59 AM
And I take insult by placing Iceman among other mortals. Iceman along with maybe tamim should be given an A++ grade or others should be demoted.

For lotus kamal Iceman = ashfoolman

roman
November 1, 2010, 11:01 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

crickwizard
November 1, 2010, 11:10 AM
Our Prime Minister likes Ashraful, she asked Loitta already - whatz up with Ash. Ashraful is in for ZIM series for sure. And if he can perform, BD will continue to rock coz when Ashraful plays--- everyone fades away (even if it is twice a year)

bdtiger
November 1, 2010, 11:10 AM
I demand to put Ashraful in A++ grade. He is the senior most player. He should also be awarded as the batting coach come captain position. He is a born winner! Trump Card! Bradman er bap, Sachin er chacha. He is also a world class leggy! He can assist the bowlers also as well as the filding. So no doubt Ash deserves to be the head of BCB too. (Arekta dream hoilo he should be appointed as Cricket Minister!) Emon mohan player juge juge ashe na! Shohosro bosore ekta ashe!

Murad
November 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/484743.html

What a joke!! Shahdat A Grade but Shafiul C grade???

Sir Ashraful er kotha ar bollam na...

Shafiul just started playing international cricket and you want him in A grade? There are some points in grading.

incredible
November 1, 2010, 11:21 AM
Seems like. 1 point if you play ODI and 2 points if you play a test match...

then they accumulate, I am not sure over what time period ....

0-30 points = Grade C > 53 Thousand Tk / Month
31-70 points = Grade B > 71 Thousand TK / Month
71-100 points = Grade A > 90 Thou Tk / Month
100+ points = Grade A + > 1 Lakh 8 Hajar Tk / Month

I guess overall, career. the only way it makes sense Ashrafool having a top contract. If they have to keep him in the contract, they have to give him A + or nothing.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-01/news/105913

roman
November 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
I demand to put Ashraful in A++ grade. He is the senior most player. He should also be awarded as the batting coach come captain position. He is a born winner! Trump Card! Bradman er bap, Sachin er chacha. He is also a world class leggy! He can assist the bowlers also as well as the filding. So no doubt Ash deserves to be the head of BCB too. (Arekta dream hoilo he should be appointed as Cricket Minister!) Emon mohan player juge juge ashe na! Shohosro bosore ekta ashe!

Emon mohan player er jonno Bangladesh team ta thik joggo jaiga na..

magic boy
November 1, 2010, 11:32 AM
Shafiul just started playing international cricket and you want him in A grade? There are some points in grading.

and not everyone's grade remains same forever. Ashraful lost his grade/glamor long time ago.he cant find a spot in main11. fans discussing whether to choose him as no 7 or someone else.. this is indeed a joke to give him A+ grade. :p

on an another note. Ashraful to dekhi shara bosor poralekha na koirai A+ pailo ...Sir-ra roll no 1/2 deikha number dey bujha gelo lol

Ajfar
November 1, 2010, 11:40 AM
Tamim and Shakib deserves their own rank. When was he last time Shahadat played ODI for BD? Our selectors dont make any sense. Heck even Razzak doesnt deserve that high rank. He should get A at best.

Night_wolf
November 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
contracts are based on match played..1pts for odi and 2pts for test..so guys over 100pts gets a A+ contract...and thats why shahadat is on higher category then sofiul..

but i belive contracts should be based on performance..

mac
November 1, 2010, 12:04 PM
Performance has to be a factor!!!

Shaan
November 1, 2010, 12:06 PM
haire kopal mondo chukh thakite ondho..!!!!!!!!

aniksh1
November 1, 2010, 12:17 PM
Shafiul deserved better for his recent consistent improvement.....

Ash shud have been grade A maybe....

roman
November 1, 2010, 12:20 PM
IN BC alone there r atleast 4 running threads about Ash. No wonder he was given A+ contract:-D

dash
November 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
either they had to offer ash no contract or the A+ one...........bcb follows a buracratic job set up..........and anyways bd players earn nothing compared to world standard (they dont play in that standard aswell :) ).........anyways it is clear ash is very much part of the wcup plan......i think shahadat deserves a contract (mind that the contracts are not just for odis but for tests aswell)...... as for shakib and tamim to get a higher booty.......i think bcb should have a bumper bonus on performences on top of the monthly salary......in that way they will get more money out of the lot

fiasnahk
November 1, 2010, 12:48 PM
either they had to offer ash no contract or the A+ one...........bcb follows a buracratic job set up..........and anyways bd players earn nothing compared to world standard (they dont play in that standard aswell :) ).........anyways it is clear ash is very much part of the wcup plan......i think shahadat deserves a contract (mind that the contracts are not just for odis but for tests aswell)...... as for shakib and tamim to get a higher booty.......i think bcb should have a bumper bonus on performences on top of the monthly salary......in that way they will get more money out of the lot

Actually from this i think they earn quite alot. Im in New Zealand, and here the players earn between 100-150 thousand/year. I think someone said that A+ contract will give you 1 lakh/month. Thats alot of money for a bangladeshi. Some of my friends in bangladesh who are engineers don't even get paid 60,000/ month. But they don't take bribes and steal...

Dilscoop
November 1, 2010, 02:20 PM
This can be joined with the other thread

wiseshah
November 1, 2010, 02:32 PM
i think its fair grading system

where is shahriar minnow basher nafees

Catskills
November 1, 2010, 02:43 PM
When Shahadat is almost loosing his spot in any form of the game to new comers, he is still in grade A? And Shafiul in grade C? It's prbably the stupid rule of how many matches a current player has played. Look at our A+ grade- except Shakib and Tamim, everyone's position is shaky in grade A+.

Fazal
November 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
Give him big money, keep him (and his fans) happy...I am in sync with that stratagy... as long as he doesn't sneak back again (into the team) without paying his dues.

Keep that guy happy in the sideline... let him eat some more fried fish and do some ads... may be some natoks... some songs... whatever... keep him busy while team continue to win without him....

Purbasha T
November 1, 2010, 04:19 PM
Ash, tumi ki shunte pao?! :(

munnabhai
November 1, 2010, 04:36 PM
Ashraful wouldn't even find a place in any of the lower level ranji teams.

godzilla
November 1, 2010, 04:59 PM
I see so many wrongs with this grade contract. Ash should not be given A+, even an A is to much for him. Imrul and Saiful deserved to be A+ with their performance! Imrul in one of the top 5 highest run maker for the year and he is sitting at grade B for what reason. And more importantly is that SAiful is really doing good with his bowling and deserved atleast an A grade! ... this is just messed up to the max

dash
November 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
Actually from this i think they earn quite alot. Im in New Zealand, and here the players earn between 100-150 thousand/year. I think someone said that A+ contract will give you 1 lakh/month. Thats alot of money for a bangladeshi. Some of my friends in bangladesh who are engineers don't even get paid 60,000/ month. But they don't take bribes and steal...

i respect ur argument.........but they r not engineers or ordinary professionals..,..they r sportsman that compete at world stage...and we expect them to be at that level........and blame goes to bcb for failling to merchendise the product properly albeit for incompetency or corruption (take the nimbus example)

Equinox
November 1, 2010, 06:35 PM
Wedding present?

FagunerAgun
November 1, 2010, 08:28 PM
It is a bit surprising. His saga never ends.

Bond
November 1, 2010, 08:54 PM

beyadobi maaf koriyen imam shaheb but in today's world anyone can be an engineer but no one can be Ashraful. ashraful has been the most consistent batman in the bangladesh team, even after scoring a match winning 60 against Pakistan, the match winner gets dropped while faltu players like Naaem and Riyadh gets their spot. Ashraful deserves to be paid more than Tamim and Shakib. :outbad:

Roni_uk
November 1, 2010, 09:35 PM
Ashraful's contribution to Bangladesh Cricket is enormous, so he deserved to be on the top. Bad form is not permanent (hopefully) and he at least has another 10 years of cricket ahead of him.

Ya looks pretty much like this is based on experience rather than performance. Rakibul getting a B whereas Shafiul getting a C is just stupid (I am taking it like a grading system in primary school).

ahnaf
November 1, 2010, 10:02 PM
Ajob.. Imrul r sathe aita ki hoilo?? Faltu.. O r to minimum a te thaka ucit chilo.. R shafiul o may b B grade e thaka ucit chilo.. R ash r kotha ki bolbo... Aita bcb r ucit hy nai.. Oke b te namiye deya ucit chilo.. Opomanito hye jodi matha ta aktu thik hoto... Faltu bcb..

Ajfar
November 1, 2010, 10:57 PM
(I am taking it like a grading system in primary school).

Ok lets say we take it like a grading system in the primary school. Teacher's hand out grades based on how the student did in that academic year. If we look at it like that Ashraful gets an F from me for this years performance.

BCB is bogus. They need to hand out contract based on performance not based on experience. Eto experience thakar porew jodi matcher por match e murgir din pare taile experience diya ki hobe. If you ask me the only people who deserve to be paid the most is Shakib and Tamim. I don't know how Mushy made that list, shonar chand koy ta catch miss korse aie bochor. And Razzak? Are you kidding me. Beta bideshe giya je ball er por ball leg stump bowling kore ar mair khai. And don't even get me started on Rajib? Shonar chand eto din chillaiso Champakar dush, ekhon tow Pont asche ekhon dekha jabe kar dosh.

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2010, 11:13 PM
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Professionalism my foot. When there is no consequences of performance evaluation then ....

AsifTheManRahman
November 2, 2010, 12:01 AM
No wall is hard enough for me to bang my head on.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

aosaif
November 2, 2010, 12:56 AM
Ashraful lives and breathes cricket. Whether or not he deserves a high-level contract right now, he is going to be a part of the future BD cricket team (whether you like it or not). He's not one of those players who has a back-up plan if cricket doesn't work out. It HAS to work out for him!! Players like this, you treat carefully.

Let's face it. He's getting himself out these days pointing to CONFIDENCE as the overriding factor behind his failures. Demoting him to a lower salary grade would be harmful for his confidence if anything.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2010, 01:04 AM
Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Professionalism my foot. When there is no consequences of performance evaluation then ....

i think this is proof positive that the blame lies with the BCB more than Ashraful himself. and i know you've stated this before.

when he was struggling - and i'm talking about 2003, 2004 not recently - they kept shuffling him around the order and giving him ever changing instructions in the hopes that he would come good. in fact, you can't blame BCB either. ashraful was the sole match winner in an era full of Javed Omar Belims and Habibul Bashar Brainless. who would we replace him with? Rokon? Tushar?

the real culprit is fate itself. we didn't deserve test status, and ultimately we didn't have the infrastructure or guidance itself to manage the talents we had. aftab failed due to his own laziness and idiocy, a level of stupidity which makes Bashar look like a probable candidate for a Nobel prize in physics. alok failed due to same reasons as ashraful, he was just an exagerrated case.

yes, ladies and gents, the price for our 4-0 win over NZ, the price for us finally beginning to mark our arrival to the Elite of the cricketing fraternity is the sacrifice of some talent. it was in the sacrificing of the talents of ashraful and alok. ashraful and alok were the coins we paid to ride on the Royal Bengal Express. they were the cost of gaining a Shakib and a Tamim.

could it have been a better deal? surely. but it wasn't such a bad transaction after all.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2010, 01:06 AM
No wall is hard enough for me to bang my head on.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

if an 85 average with the highest strike rate in the league gets us that...can't imagine what Aftab and his tail-ender "hi, i'm chris martin" average would get us if he should have managed a contract of some sort.

LOL

zainab
November 2, 2010, 06:00 AM
i think its fair grading system

where is shahriar minnow basher nafees

I was also wondering, I think if he plays regularly, they will eventually give him a contract.

I still feel fell that hy should gave about 10 more cricketers on their national payroll, even on a Grade D grade.
these guys should earn something.

Roni_uk
November 2, 2010, 08:29 AM
I am waiting for a post from someone who'd say where is aftab and alok from A+ contract? :D

AsifTheManRahman
November 2, 2010, 09:24 AM
if an 85 average with the highest strike rate in the league gets us that...can't imagine what Aftab and his tail-ender "hi, i'm chris martin" average would get us if he should have managed a contract of some sort.

LOL
I'd tie myself and plunge into the Grand river. You'd likely never hear from me again.

This is bloody wrong. Not to mention retarded.

Night_wolf
November 2, 2010, 10:38 AM
i have a qus..i dont know if i'm write or wrong but do we have to give ash a central contract?
like if we dont give him one,then its not like pollard or bravo that he will go and play anywhere else..and not for bd..

we can call ash when he performs and then after he shows consistency he can earn his contract..

if we give ash a contract there is no place other then the A+ category cos he played so many match

so y r we giving him a contract..let him earn one with performance

al Furqaan
November 2, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'd tie myself and plunge into the Grand river. You'd likely never hear from me again.

This is bloody wrong. Not to mention retarded.

That's what I would have guessed

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 01:22 PM
Ashraful does not deserve a BCB contract if he is not expected to play for the team during the one year period. But if gets a contract, it must be a grade A. Performance alone is not the key, experience is a big factor.

Fazal
November 2, 2010, 05:20 PM
They followed BD Government Job evaluation Criteria.

You get paid by seniority, not by performance.

And pretty soon our players will start performing like our Sorkari Chakorigibi.

reyme
November 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
I want to know if Ash would donate this unexpected donation to charity :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Zeeshan
November 4, 2010, 08:26 AM
Good choice.

Last thing we want is commit a Kaczyinsky of this man where instead of providing him with help we let him blow himself up. He badly needs some personal coaches who can team him discipline and rigor. He has the talent, the charisma, the shot playing abilities, all he needs is determination.

Night_wolf
November 4, 2010, 11:37 AM
Good choice.

Last thing we want is commit a Kaczyinsky of this man where instead of providing him with help we let him blow himself up. He badly needs some personal coaches who can team him discipline and rigor. He has the talent, the charisma, the shot playing abilities, all he needs is determination.

take the determination out from rokibul and give it to ash!..we will have a brand new ash that we always wanted and we will get rid of rokibul!!...ak dhile 2 pakhi!

sir john
November 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
i think last chance for ashraful to pove himself.

Rabz
November 4, 2010, 12:45 PM
^^ And he will prevail.

Habib
November 4, 2010, 12:59 PM
Well after playing 150+ ODI with 23 average, every match should be his last chance.

reyme
November 4, 2010, 03:16 PM
Payscale must replect performance. Players must get paid on runs or wickets earned. Players then realize in order to get paid they must perform. They will be more responsible and more productive that way. Thats a win-win situation.

Paying a guy 1.25 Lakh per month, who does not even in the playing 11 is utter rubbish. Why dont you just pay that money to the under 17 players? Thats 10,000 Taka permonth per head. At least they are playing for the national U17 team.