PDA

View Full Version : Siddons to ask for long term contract before WC !

tiger_2007
November 1, 2010, 04:10 PM
It was coming! That's what I apprehended! The way our PM and her chamchas showed after we beat NZ, it was inevitable for a pro to make the most out of it. Lack of professionalism made it possible!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
================================================== =====
Siddons thinks beyond WC

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="1%" align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/spt-a.jpg (http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/img5.html) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
After a chequered three years with the Bangladesh national cricket team Australian coach Jamie Siddons said he will seek an extension to his contract once his present term expires next year.
Siddons, who completed his three years as head coach of Tigers on Sunday, arrived here in November 2007 and will be in charge until April next year when his home side Australia will visit Bangladesh.
‘If I don’t have an extension before the World Cup then I will already be gone. I think probably I will be seeking an extension before that and not wait until after the World Cup,’ Siddons told New Age in an interview on Monday.
Siddons termed his experience over the past three years ‘incredible’ and predicted that within another three to four years his charges will reach their peak.
‘I think it’s been an unbelievable journey. I started with quite a poor product and in three years’ time we got quite a good product. There are more class players in our team now which we didn’t had earlier and I am happy with the progress,’ he said.
Siddons also praised the players, especially the batsmen, for taking lesson from him and successfully implementing them on the field that has enabled them to win some matches recently against a side ranked far higher than them.
Bangladesh’s batting has improved remarkably during his time and with the emergence of Tamim Iqbal and Sakib al Hasan they have some solidity now both in their top and middle-order.
Tamim was erratic in his shot selection at the start of his career which Siddons successfully managed to get rid of while he also improved the backlift of Sakib making him the batsman he is now.
‘I think having someone to understand what it takes to play successfully at the international level is one of my success,’ he said. ‘I know what a batsman needs to do and I have been training them to do that. I think someone must have the knowledge to implement the training session’s skills in game.
‘We have been working on skills to play short pitch bowling, spin bowling, power hitting and it all started to come together though we still have a long way to go,’ he said.
One of the great mysteries, however, remained Mohammad Ashraful, who has yet to get his consistency and has already lost his place in the squad. Dav Whatmore, the predecessor of Siddons, regretted at the end of his tenure for not being able to bring the best out of him and the story is no different now.
Asked what went wrong with Ashraful, Siddons said the batsman is the best person to answer that.
‘Ash is one of those players who goes really well and then has bad patches not unlike a lot of other players. He had a bad run lately and we need to get him into form. I think it’s little bit technical, little bit mental with Ash,’ he said.
Bangladesh, however, have not been not as successful in Tests as like the one-dayers in the last few years, but Siddons said that should not be counted as a failure. The Tigers won the two Test matches against an under-strength West Indian team, though they had some close matches against South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
‘We played really some good Test matches but it’s hard to win over five days against any great cricket team and we haven’t played
any weak teams. We have beaten West Indies, played well against England and New Zealand and we are on the verge of a breakthrough,’ he said.
‘At the moment we are concentrating on one-day cricket. We have played great Test match cricket during the last twelve months, though we have not won but we are on the line,’ he said.
‘Right now we got a great working environment with the assistant coaches finally arriving and we have a really good structure around the players to work with their bowling batting and fielding,’ he said. ‘All credit goes to the Board as at the moment everything is in place now and that is what matters.
‘I think the spin bowlers’ length has improved a lot, in the past we bowled really a way too full. Now we are bowling in a way which is a very difficult length for the batsmen and I hope that continues. Sakib is a super talent and he can get into any side as a bowler,’ said Siddons
‘International cricket is really tough and our players are learning to cope with that, within my three years we have won 4-0 against an ICC full member team and three years down the track we will be competing with top teams on a regular basis,’ he said.

===================

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/spt.html

tiger_2007
November 1, 2010, 04:13 PM
It was coming! That's what I apprehended! The way our PM and her chamchas showed their over enthusiasm after we beat NZ, it was inevitable for a pro to make the most out of it. Lack of professionalism made it possible!

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/spt.html

Siddons thinks beyond WC

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="1%" align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/spt-a.jpg (http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/img5.html) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>After a chequered three years with the Bangladesh national cricket team Australian coach Jamie Siddons said he will seek an extension to his contract once his present term expires next year.
Siddons, who completed his three years as head coach of Tigers on Sunday, arrived here in November 2007 and will be in charge until April next year when his home side Australia will visit Bangladesh.
‘If I don’t have an extension before the World Cup then I will already be gone. I think probably I will be seeking an extension before that and not wait until after the World Cup,’ Siddons told New Age in an interview on Monday.
Siddons termed his experience over the past three years ‘incredible’ and predicted that within another three to four years his charges will reach their peak.
‘I think it’s been an unbelievable journey. I started with quite a poor product and in three years’ time we got quite a good product. There are more class players in our team now which we didn’t had earlier and I am happy with the progress,’ he said.
Siddons also praised the players, especially the batsmen, for taking lesson from him and successfully implementing them on the field that has enabled them to win some matches recently against a side ranked far higher than them.
Bangladesh’s batting has improved remarkably during his time and with the emergence of Tamim Iqbal and Sakib al Hasan they have some solidity now both in their top and middle-order.
Tamim was erratic in his shot selection at the start of his career which Siddons successfully managed to get rid of while he also improved the backlift of Sakib making him the batsman he is now.
‘I think having someone to understand what it takes to play successfully at the international level is one of my success,’ he said. ‘I know what a batsman needs to do and I have been training them to do that. I think someone must have the knowledge to implement the training session’s skills in game.
‘We have been working on skills to play short pitch bowling, spin bowling, power hitting and it all started to come together though we still have a long way to go,’ he said.
One of the great mysteries, however, remained Mohammad Ashraful, who has yet to get his consistency and has already lost his place in the squad. Dav Whatmore, the predecessor of Siddons, regretted at the end of his tenure for not being able to bring the best out of him and the story is no different now.
Asked what went wrong with Ashraful, Siddons said the batsman is the best person to answer that.
‘Ash is one of those players who goes really well and then has bad patches not unlike a lot of other players. He had a bad run lately and we need to get him into form. I think it’s little bit technical, little bit mental with Ash,’ he said.
Bangladesh, however, have not been not as successful in Tests as like the one-dayers in the last few years, but Siddons said that should not be counted as a failure. The Tigers won the two Test matches against an under-strength West Indian team, though they had some close matches against South Africa, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
‘We played really some good Test matches but it’s hard to win over five days against any great cricket team and we haven’t played
any weak teams. We have beaten West Indies, played well against England and New Zealand and we are on the verge of a breakthrough,’ he said.
‘At the moment we are concentrating on one-day cricket. We have played great Test match cricket during the last twelve months, though we have not won but we are on the line,’ he said.
‘Right now we got a great working environment with the assistant coaches finally arriving and we have a really good structure around the players to work with their bowling batting and fielding,’ he said. ‘All credit goes to the Board as at the moment everything is in place now and that is what matters.
‘I think the spin bowlers’ length has improved a lot, in the past we bowled really a way too full. Now we are bowling in a way which is a very difficult length for the batsmen and I hope that continues. Sakib is a super talent and he can get into any side as a bowler,’ said Siddons
‘International cricket is really tough and our players are learning to cope with that, within my three years we have won 4-0 against an ICC full member team and three years down the track we will be competing with top teams on a regular basis,’ he said.
ffice:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p>=========================</o:p></P><P><o:p></o:p></P><P><o:p></o:p></P><P><o:p></o:p></P><P><o:p><A href=http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/02/spt.html</o:p>

Blah
November 1, 2010, 04:19 PM
It was coming! That's what I apprehended! The way our PM and her chamchas showed after we beat NZ, it was inevitable for a pro to make the most out of it. Lack of professionalism made it possible!

What are you complaining about? This is the best performance BD had in its cricket history. They may have gone a little over-board with all the money thrown at them, but what do you expect a professional coach to do at the end of his contract, extend the contract without a raise? Even if we didn't do so well and for some reason BCB wanted to extend his contract it would still be a raise. Why would anyone in their right mind agree to a new multi-year contract without a raise?

Ajfar
November 1, 2010, 04:21 PM
bad idea. JS is trying to play smart now. He is probably afraid what if we have a horrible WC his price will go down. I hope BCB wont fall for it. Weather we renew his contract or not it should depend on the performance in the world cup nothing else
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Dilscoop
November 1, 2010, 04:44 PM
So let me get this straight. He will leave right now, if we don't renew his contract before the WC? hmmm...

godzilla
November 1, 2010, 04:55 PM
[ ‘If I don’t have an extension before the World Cup then I will already be gone. I think probably I will be seeking an extension before that and not wait until after the World Cup,’

Slick man! Trying to ensure that he stays in game before the WC. He knows that we might not make it to the next round in WC and might get kicked out by the lights of Ireland or NL so just making sure he secures his future before he gets the cut! Let's see what BCB does now...

RazabQ
November 1, 2010, 04:55 PM
No, he said that if he goes into the WC without a renewal then BCB better not expect him to resign afterward. Once contract expires, he's gone. Unless BCB reups.

MarufH
November 1, 2010, 05:09 PM
He spoke about winning a 4-0 against full icc team but did not talk about humiliation before that. How he lost to an associate nation... and t/20 wc??? come back to me after wc... if we have a solid enough performance then good otherwise get the heck outta here.

bdtiger
November 1, 2010, 05:20 PM
What's going on? Contract should be renewed after the WC. That's how all the coaches deal with.

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
No, he said that if he goes into the WC without a renewal then BCB better not expect him to resign afterward. Once contract expires, he's gone. Unless BCB reups.

Thats more like what I think. If BCB does not extend his contract after WC2011 then there is no point keeping him.

I say its a good news at least he wants to stay.

betaar
November 1, 2010, 05:45 PM
Slick man! Trying to ensure that he stays in game before the WC. He knows that we might not make it to the next round in WC and might get kicked out by the lights of Ireland or NL so just making sure he secures his future before he gets the cut! Let's see what BCB does now...

On the other hand, if the team does well, then he will jack up his price....it's a double edge sword.

But I say it won't be a bad thing if Siddons gets to work with BD team for another stint. He definitely made the team a better performer and almost there in bringing the best out of their limited abilities. Getting a new coach, even if he's better and honsetly I don't see too many out there, could back fire.

Fazal
November 1, 2010, 05:52 PM
Do we resign Taklu asap or let him go? Thats a double edge sword where we can be bitten either way.

We may end up over paying him... or let him go and getting worse coach and taking the team few years backward.

We waited too long to re-sign McInnes, and by the time we approached him, he is gone.

Now if BCB thinks that Taklu has done a decent job and kind of happy with his performance and wants to keep him, then BCB have to react now, they don't have any other choice.

On the other hand, if BCB is not happy with Taklu's performance and wouldn't mind to go different direction after World Cup, then they can play poker game with him with the understanding that its not going to hurt us if he leaves. In that case should have solid plan B and Plan C. The last thing we want is After Taklu leaves BCB take a year or so to replace another head coach.

My fear is they will let Taklu go without a plan what they are going to do without him and then there will be panic attack and they will scramble for new coach without any thoughtful process how to replace him.

BD head coaching job is not necessarily the most desirable job fwithin test playing national team (money wise - status wise). Only way we will get a decent coach is taking risk on young promising coaches who will use it as stepping stone for glory and better job. Very few young promising coaches will end up being a good coach in the highest level. And we need to trust that BCB will do a decent job fincing a next gem in the next head coach.

For me, yes Siddon may have done better job... but then I have less trust in BCB executives that they will find a better coach for us replacing Siddon. Most likely we may end up getting a much worse coach than Siddon. That’s my main fear when people ask for a new coach.

Blah
November 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
On the other hand, if the team does well, then he will jack up his price....it's a double edge sword.

But I say it won't be a bad thing if Siddons gets to work with BD team for another stint. He definitely made the team a better performer and almost there in bringing the best out of their limited abilities. Getting a new coach, even if he's better and honsetly I don't see too many out there, could back fire.

Not only that, there is a huge difference between coaching a team like india/RSA/Srilanka and coaching a team like BD. With the big teams the coaches play more of a "overseeing and analytics role", what are you going to teach players like Kallis, Shewag, Tendulker, Dravid?

With BD you need someone who can guide them, and hand-holding in every aspect of the game. It doesn't help the cause that until 2 months ago we didn't have any decent support coach, sometihng almost all good teams have.

I think this is why Whatmore was successful with Srilanka but horrible (if you exclude the WC performance) overall with BD. If we were able to get someone like Gary Kirsten or other high profile coach I doubt they will have any immediate effect on the team (if at all).

Siddons already worked with this team and most players are content with his coaching. Replacing him with another coach will set us one year back as the new coach and players gets accustomed to each other.

Regardless of the outcome of the WC I think Siddons should be retained along with the supporting coaches for the long haul.

Don't screw around with something thats working.

dash
November 1, 2010, 06:07 PM
to be honest i dont really see any malice here........
his contract expires after the world cup and he wants a new one before that...........if not offered now, he might leave after the world cup when his contract is over (even if offered a new one then)...........anyways contract renewal talks starts before the end of a contract......it doesnt start at the end of it

Zunaid
November 1, 2010, 06:11 PM
I wish I could be more excited about it like how I was about McInnes. But - I will go with "if it ain't broke don't fix it". We are doing alright with taklu jr at the helm - mot a resounding endorsement but one nevertheless. And if we don't pony up, we can end up with much worse. Much, much worse.

So let's sign on the dotted line. My only fear? The short sighted idiots at BCB will be more interested in the tea and samosa at the various councilors meeting that they will have forgotten the little thing re-upping a coach's contract and this one too will have slipped through our fingers. Remember McInnes.

Remember - professionals do not wait around till the end of the contract to look for their next gig.

dolcevita
November 1, 2010, 06:11 PM
For BD cricket future bcb must give a LT contract to Siddons , Pont , Julien
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

nsd3
November 1, 2010, 06:14 PM
He's doing what he's supposed to do as a professional. Now it's everyone else's turn to do what everyone else should do.

Naimul_Hd
November 1, 2010, 06:26 PM
I do agree to extend Siddons contract only if Ponty n fountain also stay !!

Equinox
November 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
So what's the problem here? He needs an assurance that he'll still be Bangladesh coach after the World Cup otherwise he will start looking for another assignment. This is what all professionals do. Do you expect him to stay jobless?

AsifTheManRahman
November 1, 2010, 07:12 PM
Agreed. But kick him in the butt if he talks about individual performance over victories. Loitta should put his power bestowed upon him by the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh and Her Highness to yell some sense into him if he starts talking like a loser again.

I wish I could be more excited about it like how I was about McInnes. But - I will go with "if it ain't broke don't fix it". We are doing alright with taklu jr at the helm - mot a resounding endorsement but one nevertheless. And if we don't pony up, we can end up with much worse. Much, much worse.

So let's sign on the dotted line. My only fear? The short sighted idiots at BCB will be more interested in the tea and samosa at the various councilors meeting that they will have forgotten the little thing re-upping a coach's contract and this one too will have slipped through our fingers. Remember McInnes.

Remember - professionals do not wait around till the end of the contract to look for their next gig.

Holden
November 1, 2010, 07:44 PM
So what's the problem here? He needs an assurance that he'll still be Bangladesh coach after the World Cup otherwise he will start looking for another assignment. This is what all professionals do. Do you expect him to stay jobless?

:up:

Siddons' stock is very high at the moment, the highest it's been during his tenure. Foreign media often attribute Bangladesh's success down to him, whilst they sympathise with him when Bangladesh have poor results. Remember all those interviews with Siddons when we were playing England and touring New Zealand, they were very supportive of him.
So Siddons has picked the perfect time for himself to maximise his value in negotiating a new contract. He will be saying that he has many options if he decided to leave, and I believe he has, I wouldn't be surprised if New Zealand were sounding him out in case they decided to get a new coach.

FagunerAgun
November 1, 2010, 08:25 PM
His contract negotiation at this time puts BCB is in a difficult position. The coaching setup we have now, like Pond, Julian and others, BCB should not show too much interest in him.

Zunaid
November 1, 2010, 08:33 PM
His contract negotiation at this time puts BCB is in a difficult position. The coaching setup we have now, like Pond, Julian and others, BCB should not show too much interest in him.

Explain.

Miraz
November 1, 2010, 08:48 PM
BCB should negotiate the contract with a proper get out clause. Give him a good contract with a specific result oriented (reasonable) target in front. He fails to match the target, gets sack and doesn't get the compensation. He matches the target, give him a good bonus and re-negotiate longer term contract.

Jadukor
November 1, 2010, 09:01 PM
if cricketers can get so much money, cars and houses for winning one series then can BCB/govt really claim they don't have the extra bucks for the coach?... Siddons is a good coach...and more importantly he is a coach that can connect with the players... We are progressing in the right direction...and I sincerely hope we won't screw this up for a few thousand dollars... i give credit to siddons for the fact that our international cricketers are now dominating NCL...

MohammedC
November 1, 2010, 09:21 PM
[বাংলা]‘ওরাই লিগের সেরা খেলোয়াড়’
[/বাংলা]

Siddons:They are leagues best players

[বাংলা] ছুটি কেমন কাটল?
জেমি সিডন্স: খুব ভালো। সমুদ্রসৈকতে সময় কাটিয়েছি। চিকিৎসকদের সঙ্গে কিছু অ্যাপয়েন্টমেন্ট ছিল। এখন ফিরে এসে...আবার সামনে এগোনোর জন্য তৈরি।
[/বাংলা]

PA: How was your holiday?
JS: Very good. spend some time near sea beach plus had few appointment with my doctors. Now back and ready to move forward.

[বাংলা] আপনার নাক তো মনে হয় ভালো হয়ে গেছে...
সিডন্স: হ্যাঁ, আগের চেয়ে অনেক ভালো। সবই ভালো যাচ্ছে।
[/বাংলা]

PA: Your nose looks better now
JS: Yeah, much better than before. Everything is going well

[বাংলা] নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজের পর জাতীয় লিগে ক্রিকেটারদের পারফরম্যান্সে নিশ্চয়ই খুব খুশি আপনি...
সিডন্স: অবশ্যই। বিশেষ করে ব্যাটসম্যানরা খুব ভালো করেছে। বোলারও কয়েকজন ভালো বল করেছে। কঠোর অনুশীলনের মধ্য দিয়ে যাচ্ছে সবাই। দিনে দিনে উন্নতিটা তাই স্পষ্ট হচ্ছে। জাতীয় লিগে দাপটের সঙ্গে খেলছে জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটাররা। আমি এটাই চাইছিলাম যে সবাই প্রমাণ করুক নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে সাফল্যটা ফ্লুক নয়। ওরাই এখন পর্যন্ত লিগের সেরা খেলোয়াড়। ১০০, ৮০, ৬০—এ রকম রান করে দাপট দেখাচ্ছে এবং এটাই হওয়া উচিত।
[/বাংলা]

PA: After the New Zealand series, are you happy with the performance of your players in NCL?
JS: Ofcourse, specially the batsmen have done well. Few of the bowlers did well also. Everyone is practicing really hard, day by day they are improvement is become more obvious. They are playing with authority in domestic league. Thats what I wanted from all of them so they can prove the win against kiwis was not a fluke. Scoring 100,80,60 playing authorative innings in NCL and this how it always should be.

[বাংলা] আশরাফুল রান পাচ্ছেন। এটাও নিশ্চয়ই সুসংবাদ।
সিডন্স: ৬০-এর ঘরে রান করেছে দুই ম্যাচে। একটা ৪০ আছে। এক ম্যাচে অপরাজিত...খুবই ভালো করছে। দলে ফেরার জন্য রকিবুল এবং অমির (জহুরুল ইসলাম) ওপর চাপ সৃষ্টি করছে।
[/বাংলা]

PA: Ashraful is scoring runs. This must be a good news
JS: He scored 60+ in 2 matches and 40+ in another. One notout innings...yeah done well. Now putting pressure on Rakibul and Jahirul to return to the team.

[বাংলা] মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার অবস্থা কী? ইনজুরি তো মনে হয় সেরে গেছে অনেকটাই...
সিডন্স: মাশরাফি ফিট। আজ (গতকাল) অনুশীলনের আগে কোনো সমস্যা ছাড়াই দৌড়াল। ব্যাটিং প্র্যাকটিস করল। আশা করছি, পুরোপুরি ফিট হয়ে দলে ফেরার মতো অবস্থায় চলে আসবে।
[/বাংলা]

PA: Whats the status Mash's injury? Looks like he has almost recovered from injury....
JS: Mash is fit. Today before practice he did not had any problem running, had some batting practice also. I am hoping he will be 100% fit an returned to team.

[বাংলা] আর তামিম ইকবাল?
সিডন্স: সেও পুরোপুরি ফিট। এটাও একটা ভালো খবর। জাতীয় লিগের প্রথম রাউন্ডে ও খেলতে পারেনি। তবে চট্টগ্রাম দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে উঠতে পারলে আশা করি দুই-একটা ম্যাচ খেলতে পারবে।
[/বাংলা]

PA: And Tamim Iqbal?
JS: He is also fully fit. Thats a good news. He could not play in first round of NCL. But if Chittagong do qualify for second round, he may play one or 2 games.

[বাংলা] নিউজিল্যান্ডকে হোয়াইটওয়াশ করার পর সামনে এখন জিম্বাবুয়ে। এই সিরিজে লক্ষ্য কী থাকবে?
সিডন্স: লক্ষ্য তো বলতে গেলে একই। জিম্বাবুয়ে এখন খুব ভালো দল। আমাদের সেরা ক্রিকেটই খেলতে হবে। আমরা যদি আয়েশে গা ভাসাই, ভালো ক্রিকেট না খেলি, কোনো সন্দেহ নেই ওরা আমাদের হারিয়ে দেবে। তাদের কাছে পরাজয়ে লজ্জার কিছু নেই। তবে আমাদের খুব ভালো প্রস্তুতি নিতে হবে, ভালো খেলতে হবে এবং ম্যাচগুলো জিততে হবে। যতটা মনে পড়ে শেষ যেবার তারা এখানে এল আমরা ভালোই খেলেছি। এবারও যদি আমরা আমাদের সেরা খেলা খেলতে পারি, হয়তো কোনো প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা হবে না।
[/বাংলা]

PA: After Banglawashing the Kiwis, you have Zimbabwe next. Whats your target?
JS: Target is still the same. Zimbabwe are good team. We have play our best cricket. If we complacent and dont play our best cricket then there is no doubt they will take advantage and beat us. They have nothing to loose. But we have to prepare well, play well and win those matches. As far as I can remember last time they came here we played well. In coming series if we can play well may be there will be no contest.

[বাংলা] জিম্বাবুয়ে দলে তো গ্রান্ট ফ্লাওয়ার ফিরছেন। এটা কীভাবে দেখছেন?
সিডন্স: আমি ঠিক নিশ্চিত নই। ৪০ বছর বয়সী অনেক ক্রিকেটারই নাকি ফিরছে তাদের দলে। তারা হয়তো এটাতেই ভবিষ্যৎ দেখছে। তবে আমি নিশ্চিত নই তারা কী করতে পারবে। তবে গ্রান্ট ফ্লাওয়ারকে নিয়ে আমাদের চিন্তিত হওয়ার কিছু নেই। [/বাংলা]

PA: Grant Fowler is returning to Zimbabwe as player. Your thought.
JS: Thats what I have heard few 40+ year old cricketers are returning to their team. I am not sure whats going on there and what they are capable of doing. May be thats where they see the future. But we sould not worry too much about Grant Fowler.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-02/news/106125

This interview was published in prothom alo. I have translated it. Obviously the original interview was English then it was translated to Bangla now back to my joga kichuri English. I would have love to read the original. I see sarcasm in last part of the interview.

M.H.Rubel
November 1, 2010, 09:41 PM
1.He said our spin bowlers were used to bowl too full length delivery.Now they have improved their bowling and bowling a good length.
My question who have done the job for improvement of our spin bowlers?Is it new bowling coach Pont or some one else?Its not Siddons thats for sure.
2.Board has done a good job to arrange all fascilities for the players.Is it true or just oiling for job extension?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

iDumb
November 1, 2010, 10:11 PM
Many of you who might be against Siddons may think we will get McInnes but I highly doubt that will happen. Siddons is not perfect but he is a good coach. He has been a the best coach we had so far in BD history post test match status.

Unless you can guarantee that we can get a better coach (how can you?), I think we should stick to Siddons till he fails. The dream of Whatmore was to win a series for Bangladesh. He never succeeded yet many of you rate him highly. Siddons wanted individual performances yet he has banglawashed 2 top 8 teams despite a LOT OF obstacles (ie ICL saga). Don't take things away from him. He might not deserve all credit but he surely deserves some of it.

I am beginning to see certain passion from Siddons for Bangladesh that McInness has genuinely shown forever. In the beginning Siddons wasn't like that - if you read his earlier interviews, you will get a sense of detachment from him but I think now he is more attached.

I support extending his contract - Not more than 2 years at a time though.

For those who are talking about money - please don't - as a fan, you want the best of what the world has to offer. BCB is not broke and they shouldn't give lack of money excuse for not hiring qualified coaching staff.

And all that apartment that our players got for winning a simple ODI series (don't each of those dhaka flat cost like a year of our coach salary )

BTW why did McInness leave the post that he had again? Someone refresh my mind.

Blah
November 1, 2010, 10:24 PM
1.He said our spin bowlers were used to bowl too full length delivery.Now they have improved their bowling and bowling a good length.
My question who have done the job for improvement of our spin bowlers?Is it new bowling coach Pont or some one else?Its not Siddons thats for sure.

He never took any credit for bowling improvements. He is not a bowling coach. Before pont we had a half-assed coach who no bowlers even listened to so we hardly saw any good improvement. After pont we saw some improvement in a very short time. Since he didn't explicitly say "I helped them train to bowl in good length" isn't it obvious that the change is attributed to others?

2.Board has done a good job to arrange all fascilities for the players.Is it true or just oiling for job extension?

For the first time in BD cricket history, he have a full time fitness coach, full-time quality bowling coach, full-time quality fielding coach, part-time psychotherapist. All working together with JS.

I have no reason to believe they have also accommodated to whatever other facilities requirements JS asked for.

Should BCB not receive some credit for finally doing a good job?

JS has been whining about good support stuff and facilities for a long time, and he finally got what he wanted (probably BCB went farther after the 4-0 dubbing).

JS has his faults, but seriously some of guys are just grabbing at straws now to make him look bad.

Pathetic.

Zunaid
November 1, 2010, 10:41 PM
BTW why did McInness leave the post that he had again? Someone refresh my mind.

:)

Age does tend to effect the plasticity of the brain...

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2010, 10:50 PM
What are the other options? Break the continuity and get whom Khaled Mahmud?
+++
Those who follow NFL and NBA, can you guys explain what does the players do when the contract comes near 2 years of expiration? Not even the last year of contract or last six months. This is the nature of professionalism in the west.
+++
When the Govt lavishly (which was unnecessary by all means) gives out gifts to undeserving performers, I say go for it Siddons. You hold the cards in your hand. Get the Grand slam.

Ajfar
November 1, 2010, 11:03 PM
Whatever BCB decides to I hope they make plans before hand. We really can't afford to go without coach for 6/7 months like we did after the last world cup.

M.H.Rubel
November 1, 2010, 11:14 PM
He never took any credit for bowling improvements. He is not a bowling coach. Before pont we had a half-assed coach who no bowlers even listened to so we hardly saw any good improvement. After pont we saw some improvement in a very short time. Since he didn't explicitly say "I helped them train to bowl in good length" isn't it obvious that the change is attributed to others?

For the first time in BD cricket history, he have a full time fitness coach, full-time quality bowling coach, full-time quality fielding coach, part-time psychotherapist. All working together with JS.

I have no reason to believe they have also accommodated to whatever other facilities requirements JS asked for.

Should BCB not receive some credit for finally doing a good job?

JS has been whining about good support stuff and facilities for a long time, and he finally got what he wanted (probably BCB went farther after the 4-0 dubbing).

JS has his faults, but seriously some of guys are just grabbing at straws now to make him look bad.

Pathetic.

1.Man, person behind improvement of spin bowlers were not Siddons it was clear in his interview and i have also said that "Its not Siddons thats for sure."so where is the point of argument coming from?
2.My question regarding improvement of fascility was just a random question to my forum mates wheather we actually have an improvement in training fascility or not.It was just a random question there was nothing negative behind that.You took it negatively and expressed it negatively it did not look good.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

RazabQ
November 1, 2010, 11:30 PM
@Miraz - it is very hard to put performance clauses in a head-coaches contract. You can put escalators. Such as bonus for wins against Top 8. Bonus multipliers if there are Test wins abroad. Cash awards for players accomplishing ICC landmarks. Other than you cannot really formulate a pay-as-you-win/go kind of contract.

I say yeah sign him up now, with a modest increase. No country is dying to give Jamie a head-coaching gig so that's what little leverage we have. Make it a 2-year contract as Miraz suggests and then if we are doing really well we can break the bank on him.

tiger_2007
November 1, 2010, 11:55 PM
At this point, we have to keep faith on JS. ZIM series would be an acid test for our cricketers before the WC cup. I would go for a two year contract with JS having some clauses attached. If the team does well during the period, he will be given an extra bonus or so. As we will be playing all our test matches at home for the next ICC calendar, we have to do really well at the test level, period. We should also extend the time for both bowling and fielding coaches.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=I don't want to see Khaled Mahmud Sujon or any coaches from the sub continent.

rimon88
November 2, 2010, 02:25 AM
Looks like we BD supporters wants our players, officials and administrators to be professionals where as we want to treat and deal with them as amateurs. What JS is asking is pure professional as he has only 6 months on his contract and BCB should also evaluate his tenure in terms of what goals were set at the start of his contract and where we are at now and offer him accordingly for future contract - that will be pure professionalism.

In my view, when JS was signed with BD 3 yrs ago we did not even have a proper playing eleven. So our first goal was to fill all 11 positions. I believe except for Shakib and Tamim's spot BD developed at least 2 players for every single spot. When we signed JS our goal was not certainly to win the world cup in 3 yrs, if it was that it would be naive. Rather The goal was to improve individual players to get a team that can compete. We have few players who are solid performers and continuously we are getting more and more close matches last year and half.

It is true JS is not a high performance coach. But What BD will achieve with a high performance coach at this stage where we do not have high performance team like Australia or India. We are a developing team and we should keep that in our view considering our coaching for next 3 ot 4 years along with his supporting coaching stuff is very important. JS would be a better option in that position for now and it would also be learning curve for JS in that time if he develops to be a high performance coach or not to consider him for more and beyond.

nahaz
November 2, 2010, 03:06 AM
I say get him signed on to a contract for 12 to 24 months (my preference being 18 months). If we do not sign a contract, he will be gone after the WC for sure, and will be looking for jobs from now. So big distraction. He hasmade many improvements. He has faults, but no guarantee of us finding a better one right now. Also, getting a new coach would take 6 months at the very least. Knowing BCB, we could be without a coach for a year after the WC if Siddons leaves (look at how long it took to get a bowling coach). So better to re-sign him now.

Payment should be performance-based. I still do not think he is really a head-coach material strategy-wise, but it is becoming obvious we need a coach who actually teaches techniques even at the national level so keep him. I do not know a better batting coach. And most of the boys seem to like him.

We should also increase Pont's contract by the same amount right now. If we can afford Fountain, then him too.

nahaz
November 2, 2010, 03:12 AM
:up:

Siddons' stock is very high at the moment, the highest it's been during his tenure. Foreign media often attribute Bangladesh's success down to him, whilst they sympathise with him when Bangladesh have poor results. Remember all those interviews with Siddons when we were playing England and touring New Zealand, they were very supportive of him.
So Siddons has picked the perfect time for himself to maximise his value in negotiating a new contract. He will be saying that he has many options if he decided to leave, and I believe he has, I wouldn't be surprised if New Zealand were sounding him out in case they decided to get a new coach.

Actually, I forgot New Zealand is struggling to find a coach..good possibility they'll ask him. Don't know if he's keen to go to Kiwi-land, but then he's a professional.

For both parties' sake, I hope Bangaldesh do really well in the next five years, and by the time Siddons goes, we are in the top 4. Then coaches will be lining up to take the job, and Siddons will be offered very very high salary to coach a country, possibly Australi, who seem to be going in the way of NZ thanks to Clarkey..

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 03:18 AM
from the interview, as always, Jamie Siddons does not understand the team. Almost every line of the interview proves it; just a few example, we were crap when JS took over and he has done miracles (examples are always Shakib and Tamim), the batsmen have won us the matches (bowlers are the step sons), focus is ODIs (when we won a few matches, does not matter if lost against the associates)....

I do not see any problem and not surprised with his choosing the right time to cash in the situation. But with his cricketing contribution over the past years, it can be safely said that the sooner we get rid of him, the better.

(Siddons lovers, please do not reply to this message)

beshideshi
November 2, 2010, 03:19 AM
Even if I weren't a JS fan, I'd say we should re-hire him after the WC. Not only him, we should hire the whole coaching squad for a prolonged period, simply because "if it aint broken, don't fix it"
And to be honest, he is the best coach we ever had[some say Gordon Greenidge was the best, but I hardly know what kind of coach he was, so he is out of the equation].

Whatmore was a great coach and did great things for Bangladesh cricket, but if you look at the players Whatmore started with and the players Whatmore left behind and then compare it to what Jamie is leaving behind, you will see the difference.

Rabz
November 2, 2010, 04:03 AM
Not just being an opportunist, i think JS feels that his hard work is finally starting to pay off and not only he believes in this team but also sees a good future and for obvious reasons, (a) he does not want someone else to rip the benefits of his work (b) time is right for a longer contract (c) is comfortable working here (d) pay cheque is good.

Whereas we had Whatmore itching to leave our shores, we have a coach here who wants to stay in and work with the boys. Our star performers like Sakib and Tamim blossomed under him and he would be the right man to guide them to greater things.

With the right coaching staff we have now, we should see an extension of contracts not just for the head coach, but also for the other specialist coaches.

Fair enough deal he asks for.
But as Miraz bhai mentioned, it should be with an 'exit' clause.

jisaan
November 2, 2010, 05:05 AM
Thats more like what I think. If BCB does not extend his contract after WC2011 then there is no point keeping him.

I say its a good news at least he wants to stay.

fully agree on both points. He surely made his presence felt.

Giving him another stint would be wonderful.

If he fails later on or becomes more interested in stuffs lik golf, polo, bla-bla-bla like Whatmore, we can sack him anytime

i think, Insha-Allah, we will do well in the WC that will make him ask for sky-high benefits. So, it's far better signing a new contract before the WC so that his demands are far more reasonable.

mac
November 2, 2010, 05:56 AM
fully agree on both points. He surely made his presence felt.

Giving him another stint would be wonderful.

If he fails later on or becomes more interested in stuffs lik golf, polo, bla-bla-bla like Whatmore, we can sack him anytime

i think, Insha-Allah, we will do well in the WC that will make him ask for sky-high benefits. So, it's far better signing a new contract before the WC so that his demands are far more reasonable.

exactly jisaan vai. sacking is always an option if it doesn't go well.

Zunaid
November 2, 2010, 06:27 AM
[valid points snipped for brevity but the following caught my eye]

(Siddons lovers, please do not reply to this message)

Why write something if you don't want a response or a riposte? Are you that afraid of your own convictions?

(Baundule supporters, please do not reply to this message)

^see how that looks? :)

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 08:03 AM
Why write something if you don't want a response or a riposte? Are you that afraid of your own convictions?

(Baundule supporters, please do not reply to this message)

^see how that looks? :)
No, boss. It is to avoid unpleasant conversations.
We all speak for our cricket, no confusion about that.
Agreement or disagreement happens on topic-basis. I am fully aware of that.

But I get confused why some people do not see the obvious crookedness (for his own good, not for Bangladesh cricket) in Jamie Siddons' approach. And/or I do not see the may-be-obvious grandeur in the great man's approach. With my experience in BC, I know this is a huge difference in observation and it can not be overcome by any riposte of any sort. So, avoiding heated conversation with fellow BCers, with whom I share many thoughts towards the same direction, is a better choice.

magic boy
November 2, 2010, 08:27 AM
Is BCB willing to pay Siddons for more years?

Is J Siddons worthy of getting signed after World Cup?

Will we get better coach if Siddons leaves without renewing the contract?

Will we do well in World Cup according to our expectation?

Is winning the cup or reaching semi our expectation?

Does reality support our expectation?

Can this team full of cubs fulfill our expectation in WC starting few months later?

which should be the first priority for a young test playing nation that most often faces threat of withdrawing Test Status- ''Doing well in WC'' or ''Winning Test matches regularly''

Isn't Siddons the man developed our Test batting/performance since his arrival?

Is ODI everything about cricket?

Does BCB/fans care/think about wining a test series against G8 team on regular basis?

Shouldn't we?

roman
November 2, 2010, 09:35 AM
I am more interested to know if BCB will renew the contact of Pont and fountain. They did not get much time to work with the team but the improvement they have made is remarkable. BCB should renew their contract before anything else...And as far as Jamie is concerned I think he is also maturing up as a head coach. Things are finally started to work for BD and no need to give it a halt. And as someone mentioned here if you think that things are not going smoothly, termination is always an option...

Blah
November 2, 2010, 09:40 AM
So, avoiding heated conversation with fellow BCers, with whom I share many thoughts towards the same direction, is a better choice.

The best way to avoid heated conversation is to shut up.

Not.

Hey I made some annoying, dumb comments but please ignore me. Please don't reply me. Please don't read this.

[specifically Baundule. If you read this, don't reply to this]

See how that works?

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 10:14 AM
I got a better idea than what Sid thought for himself. Let us give him an as-long-as-you-wish contract. Then he can concentrate on his work. This contract issue is certainly ruining the great man's focus on our preparation for the world cup. If we exit in the first round as a consequence of an insecured Siddons, only we are to blame.

Raynman
November 2, 2010, 10:17 AM
Had the 4-0 thrashing of the Kiwis been an obvious result due to our constant improvement validated by consistant notable wins over the past few years, I would be in the front of the line demanding Siddons' extension.

Giving an extension now is risky in the event the upcoming ZIM series and WC at home turns out to be a bust and thereby turning the Kiwi series into a flash in the pan.

I appreciate his desire to stay and admire him if he truly does love our cricket and our boys. However, I still have my reservations about Siddons' influence on the squad and still feel his approach is too defensive and the goals he sets are below our capabilities.

I still feel strongly about BD needing to take T20 seriously and they need a coach who understands modern cricket for that. If th solution is a seperate T20 coach and team with the obvious choices (Shakib/Tamim etc.) filling in, I'm okay with that.

Whatever BCB does, should be well thought out and for the best for our cricket. The extension and raise will be justified only if the belief is that Siddons is worth it and not out of fear of losing continuity. As far as other coaches go, a solid WC campaign will bring about interest in our team by other (and more capable) coaches.

lamisa
November 2, 2010, 10:47 AM
ofcourse bcb should extend his contract.try and extend pont and julien's contract as well...

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 12:59 PM
The best way to avoid heated conversation is to shut up.

Not.

Hey I made some annoying, dumb comments but please ignore me. Please don't reply me. Please don't read this.

[specifically Baundule. If you read this, don't reply to this]

See how that works?
I wanted super-dumbs with an unrepairable brain damage to keep away from replying the message. But i was wrong expecting them to parse even the clear request correctly.

Blah
November 2, 2010, 01:07 PM
i wanted super-dumbs with an unrepairable brain damage to keep away from replying the message. But i was wrong expecting them to parse even the clear request correctly.

fail

Baundule
November 2, 2010, 01:16 PM
fail
yes, you passed with letter marks. :D

Eshen
November 2, 2010, 01:36 PM
It's not surprising from someone opportunistic like him. He prolly does not believe Bangladesh team will have a successful campaign in WC'11 and thus don't want to risk his luck till then.

Dilscoop
November 2, 2010, 02:29 PM
BCB should sign a year contract, and on the deal it should say, if you do well and go to this lvl of the WC then your contract will be extended by this many years. But if you do horribly, we will be fired.

He can play games, so can we.

Dilscoop
November 2, 2010, 02:33 PM
Even if I weren't a JS fan, I'd say we should re-hire him after the WC. Not only him, we should hire the whole coaching squad for a prolonged period, simply because "if it aint broken, don't fix it"

I would love to see these guys stick around. At least for 2 more years. Our PM is spending all money on houses and cars for our players, she could save some of those for the coaches too, and make them stay.

Alchemist
November 2, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm with Baundule and Eshen bhai on this topic.

It’s surprising to see a lot of people want to stick with Siddons since we may get someone worse than him in the future?? Seriously???

We had thousands of discussions on BC regarding the limitations Siddons has got, still............!!!A guy who can only be a decent batting coach is now a very popular choice for a head coach (read chief strategist) job for the next few years!

I agree that BCB is full of incompetent people who are unable to make the right decisions in right time. But, with this mindset like “why look for a better solution, we have someone who’s giving us results” we will never be able to find a good teacher who can help us. In order to win, why fix something if ain’t broken mentality never helps. This is settling for mediocrity at its best.

Heck, I’d even pick Bulbul as a head coach over Siddons.:waiting:

iDumb
November 2, 2010, 08:24 PM
BCB should sign a year contract, and on the deal it should say, if you do well and go to this lvl of the WC then your contract will be extended by this many years. But if you do horribly, we will be fired.

He can play games, so can we.

yeah I kinda agree. I supported Siddons till WC. My whole support rest on us doing very well in the WC. I don't think his contract should be extended if we fail miserably in the wc (ie not even advancing to second round).

Football coaches have similar fate when the team fails. They are kicked out. So I support extending his contract only if WC goes well for us... that's why it's a cat and mouse game between the employer and employee. Because if BD does some damage in WC, siddons price will go really up.

But if we sign him up now, I wouldn't want him with a failed WC event. because that's the target us siddons fans supported him for. I would actually want him sacked immediately if we fail to advance to second round.

Rabz
November 3, 2010, 04:41 AM
^^ Wholehearted agree.

There should be a conditional extension of contract for a period of 2 years, condition being the evaluation of performance during the world cup with a minimum set goal of reaching QF in the upcoming tournament.

If the team fails to reach, his contract will be under review and BCB would have the right to let him go with immediate effect.

If the team reaches SF, his salary could be increased by upto 20%

If the team reaches the Final, his salary could be increased by upto 40%.

If the team becomes the Champion, he can make fresh offers :D

Night_wolf
November 3, 2010, 05:15 AM
^siddons is a pro...he wouldn't fall for that!

tkandi4
November 5, 2010, 07:31 PM
Mark my words. JS will be coaching NZ next year. They need a batting head coach and he will be close to home.

FagunerAgun
November 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
Mark my words. JS will be coaching NZ next year. They need a batting head coach and he will be close to home.
He will be coaching "new minows' then.:-D

lamisa
November 6, 2010, 09:19 AM
^^^the minnows aren't doing too bad against india!