PDA

View Full Version : Ganguly arrives in Dhaka

MohammedC
November 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Ganguly timely returns

Bishwajit Roy

Sourav Ganguly took a few moments to recall that historic day when he went out to toss with Naimur Rahman 10 years ago at the Bangabandhu National Stadium. It was November 10, 2000; a memorable day for the country's cricket as Bangladesh began life as a Test-playing nation on that particular day.
"I must confess I can't remember why this day is significant," responded Ganguly when asked whether he could remember the day's importance.
The former India captain, who arrived yesterday to grace the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 countdown function in Dhaka, dealt with the googly while speaking with the reporters at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Once given a hint, he quickly recalled: "Yes, I can remember everything now. It was Bangladesh's inaugural Test match and they scored 400-plus runs in the first innings," replied Ganguly.
It was also a small piece of history as it was not just Ganguly's first Test as India's captain, but the first time in cricket history when two Bengali-speaking skippers led their sides.
India's most successful Test captain believed Bangladesh have improved a lot in the last 10 years since they have been elevated into the elite club.
"There were some good players in the squad when we played the first Test against them but there are a number of quality players in the team now. The recent performance against New Zealand showed the real sign of improvement," said Ganguly.
"I keenly follow Bangladesh cricket and watched all the matches against New Zealand. The 4-0 scoreline was amazing. I think their performance has significantly improved in the last one year. There are young players like Shakib [Al Hasan] and Tamim [Iqbal] who are showing their characters," he added.
"The good sign is that the players are performing but there are still a lot of areas they must improve on.
"I believe they will become a much better side soon if they continue their improvement. The improvement in the longer-version might not be satisfactory but you can't expect everything overnight," he said.
Ganguly was confident about Bangladesh's success in the upcoming World Cup as he thinks that the slow bowlers have an advantage in home conditions.
"Staging the World Cup and performing in it is a totally different thing. I firmly believe Bangladesh has the quality to play good cricket in the coming World Cup in their own conditions. They already proved against New Zealand that how good they are in their home soil," opined Ganguly, who considered the 2003 World Cup performance as the best in his career.
He also said that Bangladesh were on the right track now under the guidance of Australian coach Jamie Siddons.
"I never got any concrete offer from Bangladesh about a coaching job. I think the team is doing well under Jamie [Siddons], so there is no need to involve more people. But I'm always interested in Bangladesh cricket," said Ganguly.
He however suggested that Bangladesh must go for long-term planning. "World Cup is important but they must think beyond the mega event. The important thing is that they must perform abroad. It's nice to watch Tamim hitting a hundred at Lord's. Some other players also performed in different conditions," he observed.
One of the greatest one-day batsmen of all time, Ganguly emphasises on the longer-version cricket although the Twenty20 format is seemingly taking the centre-stage these days. The latest version of the game could be a big threat for a country like Bangladesh who are yet to get a firm grip of the longer-version.
"Twenty20 is financially lucrative and there is also huge public interest in it because of the short time it takes [to complete the game]. But Test cricket is the real deal.
"One can be successful in any format if he is good in Test cricket. So, young cricketers must concentrate on that format," advised Ganguly, informing that he has a plan to play in the Indian Premier League for two more years.
Besides cricket there was an obvious question about his popular TV show "Dadagiri".
"I'm really enjoying this show," said a smiling Ganguly.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=162172

Night_wolf
November 10, 2010, 02:17 PM
i didn't liked indian cric team but i loved dada..welcome to bangladesh!!...but i guess he is gone to india by now!

Habib
November 10, 2010, 02:22 PM
Mash looked uneasy beside him. Must be the bad experience with KKR.

Dilscoop
November 10, 2010, 02:37 PM
^^ Where is the picture?

Dilscoop
November 10, 2010, 02:44 PM
He however suggested that Bangladesh must go for long-term planning. "World Cup is important but they must think beyond the mega event. The important thing is that they must perform abroad. It's nice to watch Tamim hitting a hundred at Lord's. Some other players also performed in different conditions," he observed.

SIGN THESE COACHES FOR LONG TERM!! Even someone from the outside knows this. But good to know he follows our cricket. If it was some other big shot player, they wouldn't know about all that, even this recent 4-0.

MohammedC
November 10, 2010, 03:00 PM
One of the greatest one-day batsmen of all time, Ganguly emphasises on the longer-version cricket although the Twenty20 format is seemingly taking the centre-stage these days. The latest version of the game could be a big threat for a country like Bangladesh who are yet to get a firm grip of the longer-version.
"Twenty20 is financially lucrative and there is also huge public interest in it because of the short time it takes [to complete the game]. But Test cricket is the real deal.

BCB take a note. (We all know that anyway)

roman
November 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
ক্ষণগণনার অগোছালো শুরু

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><!-- AddThis Button END -->

http://www.samakal.com.bd/admin/news_images/512/image_512_108223.gif
আতশবাজির রোশনাইয়ে শুরু হলো বিশ্বকাপের ক্ষণগণনা। এই মাহেন্দ্রক্ষণে বাংলাদেশের শুভ কামনা করলেন সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলি মাহবুব হোসেন নবীন/কাজল হাজরা

[বাংলা]সঞ্জয় সাহা পিয়াল[/বাংলা][বাংলা]
আলোর রোশনাই ছিল। অন্ধকার ফুঁড়ে আতশবাজি ছিল। সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলির মতো সুহৃদও উপস্থিত ছিলেন। রাতজাগা কোটি বাংলাদেশিও চেয়েছিল বিশ্বকাপের ১০০ দিনের ক্ষণগণনার সাক্ষী হতে। তাদের হতাশ হতে হলো অব্যবস্থাপনা আর মঞ্চ উপস্থাপনা দেখে। বাংলাদেশের গর্ব বলেই বাঙালি সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলিকে শুভেচ্ছা দূত করে আনা হয়েছিল। অথচ সেই সৌরভকেই কি-না ইংরেজিতে প্রশ্ন শুনতে হলো। লজ্জা পেলেন সৌরভ নিজেও। 'আমি বাংলাতেই বলছি। শুধু বিশ্বকাপ নয়, বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটকে
আমার শুভেচ্ছা থাকবে অন্ততকাল পর্যন্ত। এই বাংলাদেশি ছেলেদের কাছেই হেরে গতবার বিশ্বকাপ থেকে ভারত বিদায় নিয়েছিল। এই বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটকেই আমি ভালোবাসি। বিশ্বক্রিকেটে এই বাংলাদেশকেই অনেকদূর এগিয়ে যেতে দেখতে চাই।' স্যুটেড বুটেড গাঙ্গুলি যখন বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়কের কাঁধে হাত রেখে দাদার মতো শুভেচ্ছা জানাচ্ছিলেন তখন জিন্সের প্যান্ট ও টি-শার্ট পরিহিত মাশরাফিকে মনে হচ্ছিল চলচ্চিত্রের কমেডিয়ান। শুধু বাংলাদেশ নয় গত রাতের ওই অনুষ্ঠান ইএসপিএনও সম্প্রচার করবে। সেখানে বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়কের ওই পোশাক মোটেই শালীন ছিল না। যা দেখে সংসদ ভবন চত্বরের দর্শক আসন থেকেও কেউ বলে উঠল 'মাশরাফি আপনি আমার জামাটি পরে নিন...।' অল্প পরিসর, গিজগিজ লোক, নিরাপত্তা কর্মীদের বাড়াবাড়ি ও স্বজনপ্রীতি এতটাই ছিল যে সামনের আসন সারিতে জায়গা না পেয়ে জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটারদের কি-না বসার সুযোগ মিলেছে তৃতীয় সারিতে। এই যদি হয় বিশ্বকাপের সূচনাপর্ব তাহলে বিশ্বকাপ শুরু হলে যে কী হবে তা ভেবে শঙ্কিত ক্রিকেটপ্রেমীরা। বিশ্বকাপের মতো এত বড় একটা আসরে যেখানে নিজেদের সংস্কৃতি তুলে ধরতে হয়, সেখানে কি-না ক্ষমতার বাড়াবাড়ি। এদিন নিরাপত্তা কর্মীদের নিজেদের মধ্যেই পরিচয় না জেনে গণ্ডগোল বেধে যায়। সামনের সারিতে বড় কর্তার স্ত্রী-পরিজনকে বসানোর জন্য ক্রিকেটারদের জায়গা ছেড়ে দিতে হয়, সেখানে নিজেদের শুধরে না নিলে বিশ্বকাপটা মোটেই সুখকর হবে না।
সবাই কত না আগ্রহ নিয়ে মধ্যরাতে জেগে ছিলেন বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেটের ক্ষণগণনা শুরুর অনুষ্ঠানটি প্রত্যক্ষ করার জন্য। টেলিভিশনের পর্দায় সরাসরি অনুষ্ঠানটি যারা দেখেছেন তাদের বেশিরভাগই শুধু হতাশই নন, ক্ষুব্ধও। তাদের মন্তব্য, এ ধরনের একটি অপরিকল্পিত, অগোছালো ও অপরিচ্ছন্ন অনুষ্ঠান দেখানোর জন্য তাদের নিদ্রাহরণের কোনো অধিকারই নেই বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের। অনুষ্ঠান দেখতে দেখতে অনেকে লজ্জায় অধোবদন হয়েছেন। অনুষ্ঠানের উপস্থাপিকার খুব বাজে উচ্চারণের ইংরেজি, বাংলাদেশ দলের অধিনায়ক মাশরাফির অশোভন রুচিহীন পোশাক পুরো অনুষ্ঠানকে অর্থহীন করে তুলেছিল। এর বিপরীত চিত্র মূর্ত করেছেন সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলি। সম্ভবত উপস্থাপিকার পীড়াদায়ক ইংরেজির কথা ভেবে নিজে বাংলায় অতি সংক্ষিপ্ত বক্তব্য বললেন তিনি। মাশরাফি যে কী বললেন আল্লাহ মালুম। বাংলাদেশে খেলা হচ্ছে, দর্শক প্রাণ উজাড় করে সমর্থন দেবে। মাশরাফি বললেন, আশা করি দর্শকরা মাঠে যাবেন ও সমর্থন দেবেন। এ ধরনের অনুষ্ঠানে বক্তব্য রাখার জন্য তার বিন্দুমাত্র যে প্রস্তুতি ছিল না তা সহজেই অনুমেয়। ক্রীড়ামোদি মহল বলেছে, শুরুর ভুল থেকে শিক্ষা নিতে হবে আয়োজকদের। প্রস্তুতির যাবতীয় দুর্বলতা মোচনের জন্য তাদের আরও সতর্ক থাকতে হবে।
বিশ্বকাপ, যা এতদিন ছিল কেবল অন্যের; এবার তা নিজের করে নেওয়ার পালা বাংলাদেশের। ঘরের মাঠের প্রথম বিশ্বকাপ নিয়ে রীতিমতো গর্বিত বাংলাদেশ। তবে এত বড় মঞ্চ প্রস্তুত করতে গিয়ে একটা দায়িত্বও এসে যাচ্ছে। ভাষা আন্দোলন থেকে শুরু করে মুক্তিযুদ্ধ, সংগ্রামের বহু উদাহরণ দেখিয়েছে দক্ষিণ এশিয়ার এই 'ব-দ্বীপ'টি। এবারে বিশ্বের কাছে নতুন করে সংস্কৃতি, কৃষ্টি আর আতিথেয়তা দেখানোর সুযোগ এসেছে। 'বিশ্বকাপ বারবার আসে না। বিশ্ব দরবারে বাংলাদেশকে নতুন করে চিনিয়ে দেওয়ার একটা সুযোগ এসেছে আমাদের কাছে। শুধু মাঠের ক্রিকেটার নয়, এটি ১৭ কোটি বাংলাদেশির বিশ্বকাপ।' বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের প্রেসিডেন্ট আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামালের এই কথায় সব বাংলাদেশিকেই আমন্ত্রণ জানানো হয়েছে বিশ্বকাপে শামিল হতে।
এরই মধ্যে বিশ্বকাপের আগমনী হাওয়া বইতে শুরু করেছে দেশে। সরকার প্রায় ৩০০ কোটি টাকা বরাদ্দ রেখেছে এই বিশ্ব আসরকে সুন্দরভাবে উপস্থাপন করার জন্য। বিসিবিও তাদের নিজস্ব ফান্ড থেকে আরও কয়েকশ' কোটি টাকা খরচ করছে। শুধু উদ্বোধনী অনুষ্ঠানের জন্য প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা ১১ কোটি টাকা বরাদ্দ দিয়েছেন। ভারতীয় কোম্পানি হুইজক্রাপ্ট কথা দিয়েছে বাংলাদেশের সংস্কৃতি আর ঐতিহ্যকে গুরুত্ব দিয়েই উদ্বোধনী অনুষ্ঠান করা হবে। ঢাকায় ১২টি আর চট্টগ্রামে তিনটি বিশ্বকাপ মাসকট স্থাপন করা হয়েছে। বিশ্বকাপকে শুধু রাজধানী ঢাকা কিংবা বন্দরনগরী চট্টগ্রামে আটকে রাখা নয়, মফস্বল আর গ্রামের ঘরগুলোতেও বিশ্বকাপের জ্বর তুলে দিতে চায় বিসিবি। এজন্য আজ থেকে দেশের বিভিন্ন জেলায় রোড শো, কনসার্টের আয়োজন করা হয়েছে। জেলা প্রশাসনের তত্ত্বাবধানে এসব প্রচারণা চালাবে বিশ্বকাপের স্থানীয় আয়োজক কমিটি। [/বাংলা]

www.shamokal.com

Rabz
November 10, 2010, 03:53 PM
Thats a very nicely written article.
I concur with the writer.
It was really disorganised.

Haru-party
November 10, 2010, 04:16 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-11/news/108329
this is why i love dada so much :D

Dilscoop
November 10, 2010, 05:53 PM
Thats a very nicely written article.
I concur with the writer.
It was really disorganised.

huh?:ticking:

Dilscoop
November 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
LOL at that Shomkal Article. Who asked question in English? I guess it was rightly so because ESPN was viewing this so others from around the world had to understand. But Mashafe's clothing criticizem was rightly so. Stupid ***. And why Mash. Shakib is our captain. I dont want Mashrafe to captain the side. Let him lead the team 1st

anyone got video clips?

Naimul_Hd
November 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
নিজেই বললেন, ‘পাকা কোনো আলোচনা হয়নি। বাংলাদেশ দল ভালো করছে। এই দলের সঙ্গী হওয়াটা অবশ্যই উপভোগ্য। আর আমি সব সময়ই বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের ব্যাপারে আগ্রহী।’
কতটা আগ্রহী সেটা বোঝা গেছে সৌরভ আসার আগেই এক বিসিবি কর্মকর্তা বলছিলেন, ‘ও কিন্তু এই অনুষ্ঠানে আসতে একটা টাকাও নেয়নি।’ সৌরভের সামনে প্রসঙ্গটা তুলতেই লজ্জা পেয়ে বললেন, ‘বাংলাদেশের সঙ্গে কি আমার টাকা-পয়সার সম্পর্ক?’
অবশ্যই না। সম্পর্কটার মধ্যে একটা আত্মার টান তো আছেই।
souce: PA

নাহ !! দাদা 'র প্রতি সম্মান টা আরো বেড়ে গেল !!!! :flag::notworthy:

Night_wolf
November 10, 2010, 10:30 PM
^^amaro

FagunerAgun
November 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
We heard this type of comments/lectures last ten years. I think we need the end of it. But the media needs him to sell their publishings more.

We need more work with our coaches/settings that we have now than advice,

SG is from that country who is not still interested in world's best allrounder and Tamim for IPL, may be because they are Bangladeshi.

SG never talked about it with his sense of fairness or with his love for the country of his ancestors, neither with the IPL nor with the Indian media, now we know who he represents for!

Also we know how our players were treated in IPL. His silence does not tell me he is an advocator of BD cricket.

Now his comments to me are like shedding crocodile tears.

May be, that is why Mash was not feeling comfortable beside him.

But, yes, thanks for the advice even though we have to manage our own home.

beshideshi
November 10, 2010, 10:50 PM
Respect Ganguly, respect.
Also, he seemed quite interested to become a coach/advisor. I think he would make a tremendous head coach, he is a really good leader who can lift everyone's game. Also if he comes to coach us, we will instantly have the following/support of the West Bengal

FagunerAgun
November 10, 2010, 10:56 PM
Should SG become our head coach, IMHO, cross-border smuggling will go up.

BANFAN
November 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
Get ready for lots more embarassments during the cup. Just like to see BD playing well and don't expect civility from these uncivilized morons.

shakibrulz
November 10, 2010, 11:39 PM
SG is from that country who is not still interested in world's best allrounder and Tamim for IPL, may be because they are Bangladeshi.

Also we know how our players were treated in IPL. His silence does not tell me he is an advocator of BD cricket.

Ridiculousness at its peak.
Tamim & Shakib was not selected because they didn't hog the limelight much then. I bet they will be selected this year. And it has got nothing to do with ganguly or Indians, stop generalizing like that. Team owners are the bosses and their word is all that counts.

And how BD players are treated in IPL? Anything except your own conspiracy theories and speculations? Last time they played one was Mashrafe, and paid the price for it. There are only 4 slots for Intl players, and there are none too good to play as one of them except Shakib. I hope they realize that and play him this year.

Dilscoop
November 10, 2010, 11:59 PM
Seriously FA? You are embarrassing all of us. The year Mashrafe played, Ganguly wasn't the captain of KKR, he couldn't have done anything. Only reason Mashrafe got picked is because SRK wanted to gain fanbase. Whole Bangladesh would have followed KKR if Mash was playing. And he would have trippled the price he payed to buy Mash. But SRK's plan was ruined when IPL moved to SA. And as for that, Mash was valueless, and they wouldn't want to pay that much money for a valueless guy. The less he played, less they had to pay him. Mash was hardly picked for his "talent".The guy who can't even handle for 5 overs of ODI death over.

And "SG is from that country who is not still interested in world's best allrounder and Tamim". It's a league bro, hardly has anything to do with "that country" as whole. And let just say, it's India's fault (even thought IDK what fault we are talking about) but how is that SG's problem.

Seriously just stop

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 12:01 AM
^^More like it! Well said.

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 12:03 AM
Tamim & Shakib was not selected because they didn't hog the limelight much then. I bet they will be selected this year. And it has got nothing to do with ganguly or Indians, stop generalizing like that. Team owners are the bosses and their word is all that counts.

And how BD players are treated in IPL? Anything except your own conspiracy theories and speculations? Last time they played one was Mashrafe, and paid the price for it. There are only 4 slots for Intl players, and there are none too good to play as one of them except Shakib. I hope they realize that and play him this year.
agreed except those line... They misused mash nd ash.. You cant judje a player by playing a single match... And the way buchanon bhave with mash during that ipl season thats unacceptable.. Do u think jp duminiy was (is) a t20 material
that season (still) ?? His strike rate was just above 100 during that whole season! Bt they didnt ash give a single chance bfore the last valueless match..

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 12:04 AM
And only reason Mash was so "uncomfortable" next to SG, because Mash was nervous in front of all that people and as that bangla newspaper said "Ganguly is so nicely dressed up, next to him Mahrafe looks like a comedian"

Don't blame Ganguly for Mash's low self confident. Ganguly helped Mash during his KKR lonely days

Leg_Stump
November 11, 2010, 12:54 AM
I like dada's dadagiri, specially, googly round ! I enjoyed his epic '173 runs' innings scored against Srilanka in d 'XX WC (Probably '03) which was solid entertainment.. Anyways, he's always been a genuine supporter of BD for sure.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

FagunerAgun
November 11, 2010, 01:04 AM

What? Shakib became one of the world's 10 best all rounders last year, and last IPL ended in june/July this year, 2010. Tell me how Shakib was not in the lime light?

I talked about SG's advocacy, not participating in the decision making/influencing.

IPL never treated BD players well, Ash was not allowed to play. Mash just played one game, which dd not give enough exposure in this type of mental game, Buchanon misbehaved Ash.

FagunerAgun
November 11, 2010, 01:10 AM
Seriously FA? You are embarrassing all of us. The year Mashrafe played, Ganguly wasn't the captain of KKR, he couldn't have done anything. Only reason Mashrafe got picked is because SRK wanted to gain fanbase. Whole Bangladesh would have followed KKR if Mash was playing. And he would have trippled the price he payed to buy Mash. But SRK's plan was ruined when IPL moved to SA. And as for that, Mash was valueless, and they wouldn't want to pay that much money for a valueless guy. The less he played, less they had to pay him. Mash was hardly picked for his "talent".The guy who can't even handle for 5 overs of ODI death over.

And "SG is from that country who is not still interested in world's best allrounder and Tamim". It's a league bro, hardly has anything to do with "that country" as whole. And let just say, it's India's fault (even thought IDK what fault we are talking about) but how is that SG's problem.

Seriously just stop
Getting embarrsed is your problem, but I am entitled to give my opinions here. I am talking about SG's advocay for BD cricket.

How can you call Mash a valueless guy, when he was allowed to play only one game? And that valueless guy is our captain. Very good, very nice. :lol:

If you do not live with others comment, that is your business.

roman
November 11, 2010, 01:11 AM
those who have watched the countdown function live can give us a better picture of what really went wrong with Mash. but I think (based on the newspapers reports) Mash was nervous coz of the chaos @ the funtion but I dont get why Mash was dressed up like a clown..And as far as Ganguli is concerned I thinnk ganguli was saying things that we wanted to hear. You praise the host, its a norm bro....Did anyone except that stupid Shehwag bash us when they toured BD? We all know that Ganguli is a straight forward guy and I do love him for that but did he ever say anything about India not inviting BD for a test series? As far as I remember it was Ganguli that proposed about two/three layers of test cricket (please forgive me if I am wrong).... amar to mone hoi Bangladesh er upor Attar tan shudhu Bangladesh e ashlei jege uthe, India te ferot gele kothai jai shei attar taan? Aar amrao tader dui ta mishti kothaye shob kisu vule jai..

FagunerAgun
November 11, 2010, 01:12 AM
And only reason Mash was so "uncomfortable" next to SG, because Mash was nervous in front of all that people and as that bangla newspaper said "Ganguly is so nicely dressed up, next to him Mahrafe looks like a comedian"

Don't blame Ganguly for Mash's low self confident. Ganguly helped Mash during his KKR lonely days
Give me the source

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 01:12 AM
I talked about SG's advocacy, not participating in the decision making/influencing.

Then why are you dragging him into this?

And so what Shakib or Tamim didn't get picked? Even Shakib doesn't care about it (Tamim does, he is always crying about it like a female-dog, in most of his Interview). So what Ashraful didn't get to play more matches? I would pick Jayasuriya, Malinga, Bravo, JP, over Ashraful any day.

And in that one match Ash and Mash played, they couldn't prove their worth. If they were really great player than they would have proved it. Dont say 1 match doesn't count. In a tournament like IPL, where only 4 players are allowed, 1 match is the biggest chance you will get to show yourself. Just be happy that Ashraful got picked at all. No was picking him, and at last min, he got picked. And if you can judge someone after playing one good match, why can't it be other way around

Stop being so emo. This event and SG has nothing to do with IPL. I don't like IPL, but dont relate this to that here. There is an IPL section

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 01:18 AM
How can you call Mash a valueless guy, when he was allowed to play only one game? And that valueless guy is our captain. Very good, very nice.

Obviously you did not read my post clearly, because if you did you wouldn't have asked that question. :)

Mash was valueless in a contest that KKR were playing in Kolkata.

Read, before and after

FagunerAgun
November 11, 2010, 01:19 AM
those who have watched the countdown function live can give us a better picture of what really went wrong with Mash. but I think (based on the newspapers reports) Mash was nervous coz of the chaos @ the funtion but I dont get why Mash was dressed up like a clown..And as far as Ganguli is concerned I thinnk ganguli was saying things that we wanted to hear. You praise the host, its a norm bro....Did anyone except that stupid Shehwag bash us when they toured BD? We all know that Ganguli is a straight forward guy and I do love him for that but did he ever say anything about India not inviting BD for a test series? As far as I remember it was Ganguli that proposed about two/three layers of test cricket (please forgive me if I am wrong).... amar to mone hoi Bangladesh er upor Attar tan shudhu Bangladesh e ashlei jege uthe, India te ferot gele kothai jai shei attar taan? Aar amrao tader dui ta mishti kothaye shob kisu vule jai..
Well stated :-D, but what can we expect from "knowledgable traitors and Idiots".

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 01:19 AM
Give me the source
Look around this thread. Look at post #7.

Again, read...

FagunerAgun
November 11, 2010, 01:32 AM
Look around this thread. Look at post #7.

Again, read...
Now I got it. thanks.
And calm down and relax. we come here to give our opinions within the board rules, any problems, let the mods know. Learn to live with other's opinion that you may not agree with, and not necessarily.
Cricket should not dictate our life, we should dictate our cricket life.:-D
And have a good night everyone.

Razi
November 11, 2010, 01:44 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/WORLDCUP101110-5.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-05.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/WORLDCUP101110-7.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-08.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-13.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-09.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/WORLDCUP101110-1.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-14.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-17.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/images/PhotoGallery/ICC101110-18.jpg
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_11_11/content_zoom/2010_11_11_1_5_b.jpg

HereWeGo
November 11, 2010, 01:57 AM
We heard this type of comments/lectures last ten years. I think we need the end of it. But the media needs him to sell their publishings more.

We need more work with our coaches/settings that we have now than advice,

SG never talked about it with his sense of fairness or with his love for the country of his ancestors, neither with the IPL nor with the Indian media, now we know who he represents for!

Now his comments to me are like shedding crocodile tears.

But, yes, thanks for the advice even though we have to manage our own home.

Get a life dude....I know some minorities here love to hate india and their players but why dont you just name another country before Last IPL that played a bangladeshi player on their top domestic tournament and paid them handsome cash (600 grand and 50 grand).....

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 02:09 AM
Now I got it. thanks.
And calm down and relax. we come here to give our opinions within the board rules, any problems, let the mods know. Learn to live with other's opinion that you may not agree with, and not necessarily.
Cricket should not dictate our life, we should dictate our cricket life.:-D
And have a good night everyone.

There is one thing to give your opinion, and wholeee another thing to be a hypocrite.

I don't, none of us sees any reason to drag Ganguly and IPL and India-hating into this. Like I said if you have something against IPL take it in IPL section.

HereWeGo summed it up nicely.

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 02:12 AM
agreed except those line... They misused mash nd ash.. You cant judje a player by playing a single match... And the way buchanon bhave with mash during that ipl season thats unacceptable.. Do u think jp duminiy was (is) a t20 material
that season (still) ?? His strike rate was just above 100 during that whole season! Bt they didnt ash give a single chance bfore the last valueless match..
Misusing Mash..? If he can't bowl well enough to defend 21 freaking runs, why should anyone play him in the IPL? He just needed to bowl decent line and length that's all..
And about JP - average of 30+ and s/r of mid 120's suggest he is indeed a decent t20 player. He was just doing bad then. Check out his 50 vs Pakistan in the last ODI, went crazy during the death overs.

What? Shakib became one of the world's 10 best all rounders last year, and last IPL ended in june/July this year, 2010. Tell me how Shakib was not in the lime light?

IPL never treated BD players well, Ash was not allowed to play. Mash just played one game, which dd not give enough exposure in this type of mental game, Buchanon misbehaved Ash.

The IPL auctions were held much before. Shakib's all rounder rankings were because of WI & Zim series. He didn't get enough matches against top teams to prove his talent. Now that he's doing brilliant against top teams, I hope he will be selected by KKR or some other team.

Ash was in the MI right? I didn't kno about the buchanan incident and even if he did that was his personal stuff.

And you expect any team to play Mashrafe after his superb outing in that DC match :lol: They are only allowed to play 4 intl players and they'd have to be nuts to play MAsh again after that match. Every player picked for teams don't get to play because there are better players waiting for their chances. Atleast ash gets his share by doing nothing. What more can you ask. :D

About SG's advocacy - he was even ripped of from captaincy, and you think they give jack about his opinion? He has a lot of other stuffs to worry about. Stop playing the victim card for gods sake.

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 02:29 AM
Then why are you dragging him into this?

And so what Shakib or Tamim didn't get picked? Even Shakib doesn't care about it (Tamim does, he is always crying about it like a female-dog, in most of his Interview). So what Ashraful didn't get to play more matches? I would pick Jayasuriya, Malinga, Bravo, JP, over Ashraful any day.

And in that one match Ash and Mash played, they couldn't prove their worth. If they were really great player than they would have proved it. Dont say 1 match doesn't count. In a tournament like IPL, where only 4 players are allowed, 1 match is the biggest chance you will get to show yourself. Just be happy that Ashraful got picked at all. No was picking him, and at last min, he got picked.And if you can judge someone after playing one good match, why can't it be other way around

Stop being so emo. This event and SG has nothing to do with IPL. I don't like IPL, but dont relate this to that here. There is an IPL section

so what ash got picked at last minute???
if you judge someone after playing one bad match do you think any cricketer will be able play cricket more than 5-10 match???
I would pick ash over JP,bravo anyday And its ur choice whether u will pick jaysuriya or malinga or anything..

Naimul_Hd
November 11, 2010, 02:38 AM
mind to watch it !!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v1ICQK7WpY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v1ICQK7WpY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Night_wolf
November 11, 2010, 02:43 AM
^:lol:

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 02:54 AM
so what ash got picked at last minute???
if you judge someone after playing one bad match do you think any cricketer will be able play cricket more than 5-10 match???
I would pick ash over JP,bravo anyday And its ur choice whether u will pick jaysuriya or malinga or anything..
So what Ash got picked at the last min? Like I said, he should be glad he got picked at all.

And I clearly said, a tournament like IPL where you are allowed only 4 INT players, 1 match is all you are gonna get.Now it's up to you to prove them that yes you belong there. I clearly said that didn't I?

And no one cares if you would pick Ash over JP or Bravo. It was up to Mumbi management, and they happen to agree with me. It's not just my opinion. And it's not even a matter of opinion, it's a FACT my friend. Ash is a crap player. The fact that new guy (then) like JP was able to gain more faith from them than a guy who played over 200+ INT matches says it all. And who wouldn't pick Malinga or Jayasuria over Ash? They are more established players than Ash. Please don't comment based on bline-fan love

As far as Shakib and Tamim not getting, they weren't as good as they are today. But still they have no T20 record to prove their worth. I don't think they are picking players based on ODI or Test performances. But I am glad that they didn't get picked. The urge made them improve their game. I hope they dont get picked in the next one either.

The only reason you guys think Ash and Mash is all that, because we are Bangladeshi fans. But any neutral cricket fans will disagree. Look at the situation from out side the box, not as a blind loving fan. Please stop making emotional comments. Both of you

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
Misusing Mash..? If he can't bowl well enough to defend 21 freaking runs, why should anyone play him in the IPL? He just needed to bowl decent line and length that's all..
And about JP - average of 30+ and s/r of mid 120's suggest he is indeed a decent t20 player. He was just doing bad then. Check out his 50 vs Pakistan in the last ODI, went crazy during the death overs.

The IPL auctions were held much before. Shakib's all rounder rankings were because of WI & Zim series. He didn't get enough matches against top teams to prove his talent. Now that he's doing brilliant against top teams, I hope he will be selected by KKR or some other team.

Ash was in the MI right? I didn't kno about the buchanan incident and even if he did that was his personal stuff.

And you expect any team to play Mashrafe after his superb outing in that DC match :lol: They are only allowed to play 4 intl players and they'd have to be nuts to play MAsh again after that match. Every player picked for teams don't get to play because there are better players waiting for their chances. Atleast ash gets his share by doing nothing. What more can you ask. :D

About SG's advocacy - he was even ripped of from captaincy, and you think they give jack about his opinion? He has a lot of other stuffs to worry about. Stop playing the victim card for gods sake.
1day nd t20 different thing.. Jp was doing bad then bt they didnt play ash.. why?? Jp was out of team most of the match during last ipl coz of his Sr.. Bt that didnt happen before ipl.. Bowler der akdin kharap jetei pare... T20 te last over e 15-20 run neya to oshomvob kichu nah... Hocche... Nd if u cant expect that on that stage one captain will forget the fielding structure nd gift batsman a free hit..

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 03:09 AM
1day nd t20 different thing.. Jp was doing bad then bt they didnt play ash.. why?? Jp was out of team most of the match during last ipl coz of his Sr.. Bt that didnt happen before ipl.. Bowler der akdin kharap jetei pare... T20 te last over e 15-20 run neya to oshomvob kichu nah... Hocche... Nd if u cant expect that on that stage one captain will forget the fielding structure nd gift batsman a free hit..
I know they are different - thanks. I just said he has the ability to play the big shots, his t20 stats itself are pretty impressive. He was out of form then, that doesn't mean he sucks.

And Mashrafe went for 15, 11, 7, 21 runs respectively - only one good over and rest he sucked. And you tell me he wasn't used well? Didn't pick up a wicket either. When you are played as purely a bowler, you should do much much better than that. 21 runs in last overs is defendable for any decent bowler. Bowling full tosses and short wide half vollies are definitely not the characterisitcs of a good bowler.

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 03:17 AM
So what Ash got picked at the last min? Like I said, he should be glad he got picked at all.

And I clearly said, a tournament like IPL where you are allowed only 4 INT players, 1 match is all you are gonna get.Now it's up to you to prove them that yes you belong there. I clearly said that didn't I?

And no one cares if you would pick Ash over JP or Bravo. It was up to Mumbi management, and they happen to agree with me. It's not just my opinion. And it's not even a matter of opinion, it's a FACT my friend. Ash is a crap player. The fact that new guy (then) like JP was able to gain more faith from them than a guy who played over 200+ INT matches says it all. And who wouldn't pick Malinga or Jayasuria over Ash? They are more established players than Ash. Please don't comment based on bline-fan love

As far as Shakib and Tamim not getting, they weren't as good as they are today. But still they have no T20 record to prove their worth. I don't think they are picking players based on ODI or Test performances. But I am glad that they didn't get picked. The urge made them improve their game. I hope they dont get picked in the next one either.

The only reason you guys think Ash and Mash is all that, because we are Bangladeshi fans. But any neutral cricket fans will disagree. Look at the situation from out side the box, not as a blind loving fan. Please stop making emotional comments. Both of you
bro
malinga is a bowler.. Jayasuriya is a opener.. Nd ash middle order batsman.. They werent contender 4 playing mi playing Xi.. How u can mix these??
Nd for marked word.. Ash was not picked coz we are bangladeshi thats all.. Please check my last post if u had any confusion... Nd another think.. Brendon mccullm playing ipl for 3 season almost 30+ match.. How many big innings he scored?? Just 3 innings.. 158,82,44.. Thats all.. Bt.. Why he didnt get dropped??? Why ash or mash will be dropped 4 just 1 bad match?? Why buchanon would say in kkr practice that i dont know him(mash) why i'll talk to him?? Why before that match what mash played buchanon would say u r in the team bt just bfore match he also said sorry u r not in the team.. Do u remember guyz on that match mash played with another player jersy?? Why?? Coz mash thought that he would not play that match like before.. Bt when he knew that he would play by the little time bfore match start he was nt able to find his jersy..Mark my word.. Even if tamim nd shakib get picked nd they play a single bad match they will also be dropped.. Coz we r bangladeshi.. Amra jotodin wc jitte na pari or wc final korte na pari totodin asob cholbe..
Sorry if there any grammatical mistake..

Night_wolf
November 11, 2010, 03:19 AM
@shakibrulz:yes he sucked in that match but u cant call that he isn't a good bowler based on that right?

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 03:24 AM
I know they are different - thanks. I just said he has the ability to play the big shots, his t20 stats itself are pretty impressive. He was out of form then, that doesn't mean he sucks.

And Mashrafe went for 15, 11, 7, 21 runs respectively - only one good over and rest he sucked. And you tell me he wasn't used well? Didn't pick up a wicket either. When you are played as purely a bowler, you should do much much better than that. 21 runs in last overs is defendable for any decent bowler. Bowling full tosses and short wide half vollies are definitely not the characterisitcs of a good bowler.

amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare..
Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 03:49 AM
bro
malinga is a bowler.. Jayasuriya is a opener.. Nd ash middle order batsman.. They werent contender 4 playing mi playing Xi.. How u can mix these??
The fact that only 4 INT players are allowed makes any sense to you? It doesn't matter what position they play. They will pick the best once. And JP is a middle order player and they picked him over him. Obviously they picked JP over Ash. Why are you fighting over it? It's already done. that was ages ago.

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 03:57 AM
The fact that only 4 INT players are allowed makes any sense to you? It doesn't matter what position they play. They will pick the best once. And JP is a middle order player and they picked him over him. Obviously they picked JP over Ash. Why are you fighting over it? It's already done. that was ages ago.

r ki blbo?? Bhai, jaysuriya ki middle order e khelbe?? Or malinga batsman hisebe khelbe?? Je je position e ache sei position r best player taito tara nibe.. Naki.... Ash..jp nd bravo middle order e khele nd fight ta tader moddhe chilo.. Akhane malinga nd jaysuriya ke anar kono dorkar nei.. Thats the fact.. U take all anti post against u as a fight.. Thats the problem.. I'm just telling the fact or view.. Nothing else more..

beshideshi
November 11, 2010, 04:16 AM
Some of us need to get rid off the "Indians hate us" believe. Ahnaf bro, say aliens were about to attack the planet and they asked for four players from MI upon whom the fate of our planet will depend. Will YOU pick Ashraful? He simply wasn't good enough to play in the MI as one of the 4 foreigners.

I do think Mash was treated a bit harshly, Mashrafe was never a good death over bowler and KKR gave him 18th and 20th over of the innings. i think if he got a couple of chances to prove himself he would have been a regular feature of KKR. But it was upto the KKR coach to pick the team, and to be honest I am least bothered whether our players perform/get picked/get high wages in IPL.

Rabz
November 11, 2010, 04:43 AM
কোথার জল কোথায় গড়িয়েছে যে দাদা...
গঙ্গা যমুনা যে সব এক হয়ে যাছছে গো ...

ahnaf
November 11, 2010, 04:55 AM
কোথার জল কোথায় গড়িয়েছে যে দাদা...
গঙ্গা যমুনা যে সব এক হয়ে যাছছে গো ...

হে,হে,হে..

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 05:03 AM
amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare..
Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...
English please mate, I'm not a bengali :-p

I'm assuming that you said Mash had a bad day.. Well this is not Bangladesh domestic cricket sadly to give him another shot when there are way better players waiting for a game. Mashrafe was selected just for getting BD's support, I see no other reason to select him in T20s.

JP has nothing to prove, he scores well in the middle overs at a good strikerate. That's probably why they persisted with him, I dunno. Anyways Ashraful is the last person they would select given that only 4 players are allowed in the 11.

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
I do think Mash was treated a bit harshly, Mashrafe was never a good death over bowler and KKR gave him 18th and 20th over of the innings. i think if he got a couple of chances to prove himself he would have been a regular feature of KKR. But it was upto the KKR coach to pick the team, and to be honest I am least bothered whether our players perform/get picked/get high wages in IPL.
So he can't bowl in the powerplay overs, middle overs, or death, where exactly should they bowl him? Accept it or not, he is a terrible T20 bowler. But on the other hand Shakib being not picked is unfortunate, probably no one was aware of how good he was.

BANFAN
November 11, 2010, 06:01 AM
Fire works and the celebrations look awesome. Haven;t see on TV, just the pictures. Well, first any world cup on Bangladesh soil. great ............... :)

Boomerang
November 11, 2010, 06:04 AM
Ufff why ipl came in this post. This ipl is not a cricket tournament but a tournament of business. Who would like to be the part of the conspiracy of the miser indian business. Yes, every cricketer wants to be under the spotlight at least once in a life time. And what can be better other than the stage of ipl. But we dont want to rate the performance of our cricketers based on the chances they get in ipl. Our goal is only to do well in international cricket. As it was said, i was happy that most of our capable cricketer didnt get chance in ipl. That actually urged them to improve their performance. I just scanned the post and wondered how ipl came to such focus in this post-> from opening ceremony to mash and sg to uncomfortable mash beside sg to kkr to ipl. ;-)

BANFAN
November 11, 2010, 06:13 AM
amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare.. Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...

Was it really? I think it's his inability at the death.

beshideshi
November 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
So he can't bowl in the powerplay overs, middle overs, or death, where exactly should they bowl him? Accept it or not, he is a terrible T20 bowler. But on the other hand Shakib being not picked is unfortunate, probably no one was aware of how good he was.

I don't know for how long have you been following Bangladeshi cricket, but I am sure you will also agree that Mash is a MUCH better bowler than that day suggests, if I were to manage Mash in a T20 game, I'd bowl him 4 overs in the opening spell and use him as a no.8 or a pinch hitter.
But that being said, I am not saying Mash deserved a spot, but KKR surely could have given him one or two more games to prove himself. I mean, you spent invested 600k, maybe invest in him a bit more and wait for returns.

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 06:35 AM
I don't know for how long have you been following Bangladeshi cricket, but I am sure you will also agree that Mash is a MUCH better bowler than that day suggests, if I were to manage Mash in a T20 game, I'd bowl him 4 overs in the opening spell and use him as a no.8 or a pinch hitter.
But that being said, I am not saying Mash deserved a spot, but KKR surely could have given him one or two more games to prove himself. I mean, you spent invested 600k, maybe invest in him a bit more and wait for returns.
Mash is an on and off bowler by intl standards - on his day he'll be a devastating bowler, but not so for the most part - in short lacks consistency. And his T20 records is - well lest talked about that the better. He may be fine for ODIs, but T20s is not his forte.

You get very little chances to prove in tourneys like IPL, should make most of it. There is stiff competition and Mash is far behind compared to his counterparts. So it's common sense to drop him after that match.

beshideshi
November 11, 2010, 07:05 AM
^^ My complaint is not very whole hearted, I know why Buchanan would prefer other international players over Mash. I clearly see the point, but there are a couple of things that still puzzles me about KKR in that season[along with another 5000 issues], why would they spend 600k on a player who is going to warm the bench mostly? If you do spend 600k, you might as well play him in a few games and let him find his feet.Why would the captain give the ball to the most 'inexperienced'[in t20] player the ball in the 20th over?

KKR did a bucket full of mistakes that season, and the Mash issue was just a minor one.

Tiger444
November 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
Mash in that match was just horrible to say the least. I was pretty disappointed when he wasn't getting picked but when I saw that performance I shut my mouth. Who would give him a chance after such a bad performance? When you get a chance like that to play a big match and goof up that bad then sorry to say but he didn't deserve a chance after that. Plain and simple Mash is just not a good T20 or Test bowler mainly because he's terrible with the old ball and horrendous in death overs. His record is poor in those 2 formats. Same thing with Ash as well. He got a chance to prove himself and scored a Roqibulesque 11 ball 2 and even then he struggled for those 2 runs. Both of them certainly did not deserve any more games in the IPL. Shakib and Tamim I'm sure will get picked in this year's IPL and I'm sure they'll get more matches since their more consistent then Mash and Ash.

Holden
November 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
^^ My complaint is not very whole hearted, I know why Buchanan would prefer other international players over Mash. I clearly see the point, but there are a couple of things that still puzzles me about KKR in that season[along with another 5000 issues], why would they spend 600k on a player who is going to warm the bench mostly? If you do spend 600k, you might as well play him in a few games and let him find his feet.Why would the captain give the ball to the most 'inexperienced'[in t20] player the ball in the 20th over?

KKR did a bucket full of mistakes that season, and the Mash issue was just a minor one.

Mash was a signed by SR Khan partly as a marketing ploy. The price was inflated as there was a bidding war between KKR and Punjab ( i think).

It should be noted that KKR have been one of the least successful teams on the field but they are one of the most financially successful off the field. Mash was signed to be a useful player but also to get the whole of Bangladesh supporting KKR and thus the potential to make money. He probably would have got more playing time if he was signed by Punjab as they valued him as an all-rounder rather than a partial marketing ploy.

I would guess Buchanan was not in favour of signing Mash to be a vital member of the squad and therefore this is why he did not opt to play him often. If I remember correctly he even opted to play a rookie Aussie instead of Mash in a game or two.

As for Ash and Duminy, one went for $75K and the other $950K, so it's pretty much a no-brainer who would get the most playing time. I guess Ash was bought as a cheap option in case of an injury crisis. He had the chance to show what he is capable of in the nets, I guess he didn't impress enough. Also this is Ash we are talking about, if there is anyone who should know what to expect from Ash, blind bias aside, it is the Bangladeshi fans, he isn't known for Eid innings for nothing.

In the 2010 season the main reason Shakib and Tamim were not signed was because of availability, they were only available for a few weeks. They were in good company, many international players missed out. Only one English player (Morgan) was signed, even Graeme Swan who had a rapidly rising reputation was ignored. The IPL franchises, experienced from the previous seasons, were aware of making big money signings that were only available for a few weeks (e.g. Flintoff, Pietersen etc).

If the timing is right and Shakib and Tamim are available for the majority of the next IPL season then I would say they would likely be signed up, however because there is a reduction of teams and also Pakistani players might be allowed back in, there could be fierce competition for places.

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
^^Summed it up, hope that answers beshi's questions :-p

RazabQ
November 11, 2010, 12:29 PM
This thread proves clearly that we Bangalis are an emotional bunch.

RazabQ
November 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
Plus it's the god-danged IPL. A worth-less tourney dreamed up by a corrupt egotist called Modi. If the IPL was all that India would be the kings of T20 cricket.

Sheeesh ... Faguner Agun et al - you guys need to chilax
--- As myself

Murad
November 11, 2010, 12:32 PM
^^^
Well said. Thanks!!

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
This thread proves clearly that we Bangalis are an emotional bunch.

Sad but true.

This thread wasn't even about IPL and India-hating. But they never fails to do that. Or playing the "Victim Card".

MohammedC
November 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1355/5167717760_f1ca68b6d7_z.jpg

MohammedC
November 11, 2010, 03:33 PM
We have some mad fans in Bangladesh.This is picture of fans turned up just to watch WC2011 countdown clock. Can you imagine how it is going to be during World Cup.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1183/5167116207_18aab08cbe_z.jpg

reyme
November 11, 2010, 09:05 PM
^^^ BCB could make millions of dollars just by selling souvenirs , apprel, cricket kits with logo, or anything with WC logo. Too bad their managment dont posses much brain in the head chamber.

Bond
November 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
Mashrafe plain sucks in T20, he's as faltu as I can't think of anyone who would suck as much as Mash, even Stuart Broad came back like a pro after a devastating Yuvi bash, but mash needs a lot more time, lazy unfit overconfident wannabe bowler, I don't know why people are calling him an allrounder, his shots are mostly antayjja. If I was dada i would have sent him back to bangladesh immediately after his devastated third class spell.

PoorFan
November 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
To say the least few of us need to grow up ... and learn to focus where, when and when not.

Zeeshan
November 12, 2010, 12:16 AM
Don't worry fellas. Your beloved Gopalda is here to cool you guys down. Here i will post a pics that will appeal to everybody i believe of Ganguly...

Rupali Ganguly

http://mimg.sulekha.com/rupali-ganguly/stills/rupali-ganguly-stills03.jpg

Nocturnal
November 12, 2010, 01:43 AM
found one video. pretty low quality but still... :)
watch from 2:40 .....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QEEmiA1xXqQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QEEmiA1xXqQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Zunaid
November 12, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yikes. Even the low quality could not mask the strident and banshee like shrieks of the MC.

Antora
November 12, 2010, 05:21 AM
Respect Ganguly, respect.
Also, he seemed quite interested to become a coach/advisor. I think he would make a tremendous head coach, he is a really good leader who can lift everyone's game. Also if he comes to coach us, we will instantly have the following/support of the West Bengal

I agree :)

Dilscoop
November 12, 2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/124300/124337.jpg

Can Mash borrow some decent cloths from you Mr Kalam?

Bond
November 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
Mashrafe was representing Bangladesh, he should have dressed up in a professional way, he looks like Ganguly's Kajer pola standing next to him. He seriously needs fashion tips and social meeting common sense.

rinathq
November 12, 2010, 05:56 PM
U guys need to chill out here............
1. ppl that are complaining about Mash sucking at IPL, well i guess he did not utilize his `little`chance shine. Its Mashrafee not Brett Lee that could shine at the first opportunity given! Also this happened when Bangladeshi players were not that experienced at the T20 Format (We still suck) Who cares if he didn`t succeeds at IPL???? He has been a star at the national team thats all it matters. it sounds like u guys hate him because he gets injured so much. In case u haven't noticed, players like Shafiul, Rubel who have been playing cricket for couple of years without injuries have no better consistency than Mash who is nearly always injured. Is is his fault that when playing he does not care what happens to him but gives his best??? Bengali people never praise the hard workers :( pathetic.
to Bond, Mashrafee is still the best fast bowler at T20 or whatever format u can think of for our team. Please show a little respect to this guy who is working his *** off to play good cricket!
and lol, it doesnt sound right coming from an Ash fan talking about fashion...... It was no formal occasion where he should have dressed formally. Eitherways, it doesn't matter how he dresses. He is a cricket player not a fashion model and he has other things to worry about rather than impressing you!

Dilscoop
November 12, 2010, 06:16 PM
No one complained about Mash "sucking" in the IPL. If you really want to know what was all that about, I suggest that you read though the thread, as I don't want to the one to bring it up again. :)

rinathq
November 12, 2010, 06:27 PM
No one complained about Mash "sucking" in the IPL. If you really want to know what was all that about, I suggest that you read though the thread, as I don't want to the one to bring it up again. :)

LOL are u kidding me? All i see is "Mash is horrible at T20" "He deserve to be out of IPL and not get chances" "Tamim And Shakib wouldve been better choice" that sorta thing. Not that i disagree that Tamim and Sakib couldve performed much better "if" they get more chance when they actually play.

Dilscoop
November 12, 2010, 07:23 PM
Then I guess you must read the whole thread again, starting for FA's post, because clearly that wasn't the argument.

simon
November 12, 2010, 08:51 PM
Mash looks good whatever he wears,whether its an ugly Tshirt or not.;)

Habib
November 12, 2010, 11:35 PM
U guys need to chill out here............
1. ppl that are complaining about Mash sucking at IPL, well i guess he did not utilize his `little`chance shine. Its Mashrafee not Brett Lee that could shine at the first opportunity given! Also this happened when Bangladeshi players were not that experienced at the T20 Format (We still suck) Who cares if he didn`t succeeds at IPL???? He has been a star at the national team thats all it matters. it sounds like u guys hate him because he gets injured so much. In case u haven't noticed, players like Shafiul, Rubel who have been playing cricket for couple of years without injuries have no better consistency than Mash who is nearly always injured. Is is his fault that when playing he does not care what happens to him but gives his best??? Bengali people never praise the hard workers :( pathetic.
to Bond, Mashrafee is still the best fast bowler at T20 or whatever format u can think of for our team. Please show a little respect to this guy who is working his *** off to play good cricket!
and lol, it doesnt sound right coming from an Ash fan talking about fashion...... It was no formal occasion where he should have dressed formally. Eitherways, it doesn't matter how he dresses. He is a cricket player not a fashion model and he has other things to worry about rather than impressing you!

Well you are being seriously biased here. From a neutral POV, Shahadat is the best BD pacer in our test history. Stats will speak for itself & Mash himself won't disagree. And about the dress: Mash was representing BD as a 'captain'(!) in that ceremony, so he should have dressed formally. No excuse. I think BCB need to teach our players some manners.

kalpurush
November 13, 2010, 04:19 AM
Mash was representing BD as a 'captain'(!) in that ceremony, so he should have dressed formally. No excuse. I think BCB need to teach our players some manners.
100% agree with you Habib bhai. :)

Though, you have to teach BCB some manners first...;)

Habib
November 13, 2010, 04:47 AM
Though, you have to teach BCB some manners first...;)

Right you are Obayed vai. I was just going to add that part before I saw your post :D

lamisa
November 13, 2010, 08:18 AM
what was it with that woman's weird chabano accent?

rashed411
November 13, 2010, 08:55 AM
what was it with that woman's weird chabano accent?

Go gossip somewhere else! Woman.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

roman
November 13, 2010, 10:59 AM
You guys are arguing that Mash's clothes sucked and all but my understanding is that he didnt even know that BCB would ask him to go on Stage. I think we have to blame BCB here for not communicating with Mash.

Murad
November 13, 2010, 11:04 AM
Keno? Is he a baby kid? Whey BCB have to tell them what to wear or not to wear? They are professional cricketers so they must know.

roman
November 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
Keno? Is he a baby kid? Whey BCB have to tell them what to wear or not to wear? They are professional cricketers so they must know.

All BCB had to do was to inform the players about the dress code. Kono dress code na thakle player ra keno dress up korbe? Apni ki korten? We all saw how the players dressed up during the "Banglawash celebration party" and on top of that BCB didnt even tell Mash that they would call him up on the stage to give a speech..Again this is just my understanding, the real picture could be different though..

Rabz
November 13, 2010, 11:45 AM
^^ You shouldn't have to tell the Captain of the national team how to dress up. On a function that would initiate the countdown to the world cup, no one needs to tell Mash that as an standing national captain, you would be asked to be on the stage.

Even if you weren't, you should be atleast prepared mentally, how to present yourself in the stage and what to say. You are not just a player in the team, you are the captain. If the team represents the country, You represent the team.

Its called being PROACTIVE, something he would need the most on the field.

Night_wolf
November 13, 2010, 12:20 PM
^agreed

simon
November 13, 2010, 12:40 PM
shobkichu niye torko korata amader obbhash hoye gelo naki?
very unnecessary talking.:-P

Dilscoop
November 13, 2010, 01:14 PM
Go gossip somewhere else! Woman.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

ohoho! SHUT DOWN! :lol:

Boomerang
November 13, 2010, 10:29 PM
Close the thread!

Night_wolf
November 13, 2010, 10:57 PM
[বাংলা]সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলীর কেতাদুরস্ত পোশাকের পাশে আটপৌরে পোশাকের মাশরাফির মঞ্চে ওঠা নিয়েও কথা হয়েছে। জালাল ইউনুস বললেন, কোনোভাবেই এ জন্য মাশরাফিকে দায় দেওয়া যাবে না, ‘ক্রিকেটাররা কী পোশাক পরে যাবে, সেটা আমাদেরই বলে দেওয়ার কথা। আমাদের তরফ থেকেই ওদের ক্যাজুয়াল পোশাকে যেতে বলা হয়েছিল। ও যে মঞ্চে উঠবে, সেটাও সম্ভবত ওকে আগে বলা হয়নি।’[/বাংলা]

Razi
November 14, 2010, 01:07 AM
^^ Here we are blaming Mash without simply knowing anything, it has become a trend in BC nowadays, to find/make a scapegoat out of everything!

Dilscoop
November 14, 2010, 01:14 AM
I don't think criticizing for dressing up like crap at such event is "blaming"

Please have every right to criticize. He should know better.

bujhee kom
November 14, 2010, 01:20 AM
Dadass.....hahahah...ki bolbo aar...apnara paren o bote...hahahah...chalie jaan chochei jokhon..mondo ki...hahahahah!

Razi
November 14, 2010, 01:23 AM
I don't think criticizing for dressing up like crap at such event is "blaming"

Please have every right to criticize. He should know better.

All the players including Mash were told to wear casual dress, so how come you can criticize him for that? Should he not listen to BCB? If he wasn't told anything then there could have been arguments as he is the captain. Heck, he was not even informed that he will be called to the stage so that he could at least prepare himself on what to talk.

Zeeshan
November 14, 2010, 01:26 AM
Again if my previous post didn't do it for ya fellas I am here to cool you guys down with a pic that will appeal to everyone i believe of Ganguly...

Lalmohan Ganguly

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GBSubG7_qbw/R8cMz6pbaiI/AAAAAAAAAW0/jr6_HCbXimE/s320/ganguily.jpg

Dilscoop
November 14, 2010, 01:37 AM
All the players including Mash were told to wear casual dress, so how come you can criticize him for that? Should he not listen to BCB? If he wasn't told anything then there could have been arguments as he is the captain. Heck, he was not even informed that he will be called to the stage so that he could at least prepare himself on what to talk.

And where did you hear that? Even then, they said casual not joker. Hey those are not my words. Prothomalo called him a joker

Razi
November 14, 2010, 01:46 AM
^^ Oh man, don't you've the time just to scroll up before asking people where did they hear it? Anyway, for ignorant people like you I'm giving you the source once again!

[বাংলা]জালাল ইউনুস বললেন, কোনোভাবেই এ জন্য মাশরাফিকে দায় দেওয়া যাবে না, ‘ক্রিকেটাররা কী পোশাক পরে যাবে, সেটা আমাদেরই বলে দেওয়ার কথা। আমাদের তরফ থেকেই ওদের ক্যাজুয়াল পোশাকে যেতে বলা হয়েছিল। ও যে মঞ্চে উঠবে, সেটাও সম্ভবত ওকে আগে বলা হয়নি।’[/বাংলা] (Source: প্রথম আলো (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-14/news/109020))

Dilscoop
November 14, 2010, 02:05 AM
I am ignorant for having an opinion? And Idk why you are getting so upset. Plus I am not the only one who thinks he dressed up like a joker.