PDA

View Full Version : Australia to cancel again

brockley
November 11, 2010, 07:59 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/heat-on-aussies-as-ipl-and-tour-dates-clash/story-e6frecj3-1225952478708

Ajfar
November 11, 2010, 08:15 PM
Australia's top cricketers are listed to travel to Bangladesh for the series after the World Cup Final in the Indian capital, Mumbai, on April 2.

Oh, look how cool they are. they are already predicting they will make the world cup final. last time this is what one of the Indian player had said to Mashrafee, and the rest was history.

Things haven't changed all that much in six years. Last month Anil Kumble told him that the Indians were worried about the window between the World Cup and the tour to Bangladesh in May being too small, the subtext being, you know, that they would be around till the end of the competition. A few days later the two sides met at the Queen's Park Oval...

Dilscoop
November 11, 2010, 08:36 PM
They all saw what happened to NZ. I hope those bitches fail to regain the ashes, and 1st round exit in WC. Then lets see if they want to cancel. They are not that same OZ that they used to be. Doing this arrogant stuff doesn't match them any more

rashed411
November 11, 2010, 08:46 PM
After the a$$-whipping SL gave them at their own soil, i think they are scared of us more than anything else.

al-Sagar
November 11, 2010, 08:50 PM
QF, SF or final e amra australia ke harabo, then protisodh newar jonno oder ashtei hobe

brockley
November 11, 2010, 08:51 PM
Not scrared not interested in cricket development of bangladesh.
A part of the blame has to go to ipl tho,ipl strikes again!

reyme
November 11, 2010, 08:59 PM
I knew this was on the cards, due to IPL timing. Now only if we could wash them in WC..

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
November 11, 2010, 09:04 PM
It is said, it will be rescheduled...not cancelled

Bond
November 11, 2010, 09:27 PM
In order to beat Aus, Bangladesh needs a Ash miracle, without Ash, bangladesh can never beat australia, bring him back, he's averaging more than bradman now, even bradman would have been averaging in the low 20s against our world class spinners but ash is averaging 120+. BRING ASH BACK!!!!

Bancan
November 11, 2010, 09:51 PM
In order to beat Aus, Bangladesh needs a Ash miracle, without Ash, bangladesh can never beat australia, bring him back, he's averaging more than bradman now, even bradman would have been averaging in the low 20s against our world class spinners but ash is averaging 120+. BRING ASH BACK!!!!

Troll. I thought we had no place for trolls here in BC.

roman
November 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
I want to "Banglawash" Australia.

beshideshi
November 11, 2010, 10:29 PM
After getting their a**es handed to them by SL in their own backyard, one would think Aussies would come back to reality and realize that they are not what they used to be in early 2000s.

Come'n Aus, come to BD, you guys needed to miracles from Ponting AND Gilchrist to save your a**es in fatullah, and that was with McGrath, Gilespie, Warne, McGill, Hayden and what not. If you dare come to BD with your 'future superstars', aka Marshs, White[up and coming at the tender age of 28], Steve smith and see what Shakib, Tamim and Mashs have in store for you. Come to BD if you dare.

Naimul_Hd
November 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
Nielsen launches tirade at critics (http://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article/-/8304790/nielsen-launches-tirade-critics)

Coach Tim Nielsen has launched a vehement attack on all the "uneducated opinions" being directed at the under-fire Australian cricket team.

Nielsen concedes the recent 2-1 one-day series defeat to Sri Lanka was poor, but believes the criticism of Australia's preparations for the Ashes and reports of infighting within the team are totally unfounded.

"As is often the case, as soon as we lose a couple of games there is all sorts of talk about disharmony and infighting within the team," Nielsen wrote on a blog on the Cricket Australia website.

"This couldn't be further from the truth and a standard barb thrown by those outside the group searching for a reason why we are losing.

"Ultimately, we lost because we didn't bat, bowl or field well enough and Sri Lanka outplayed us in the first two ODI's.

"While it has been tough ... there was no panic or infighting I can promise you.

"This team is tough enough not to allow uneducated opinion upset it."

While the Australians were playing the Sri Lankan series, England have been playing tour matches around the country as they seek a breakthrough series win Down Under.

Both Nielsen and Cricket Australia have said the one-dayers were scheduled to help prepare for next year's World Cup, while they are adamant there is enough time for the Test players to prepare for the longest form of the game.

Curiously, though, the Ashes squad will be announced on Monday, before the final round of Sheffield Shield matches.

"I don't remember anything in my time as coach like the public and media scrutiny the team has seen this week," Nielsen continued.

"It is certainly made all the more difficult when results aren't coming and everyone in Australia has an opinion to how to fix things up.

"Most important for us as a team is to ensure that we don't panic and keep our eye firmly on the targets we have set for this summer.
"We now have a couple of weeks to prepare for the Ashes series and I think all involved are looking forward to using this time to complete their personal preparation in Sheffield Shield cricket and be 100 per cent right come the first Test in Brisbane."

Aussie coach is under lot of pressure due to recent performance. They are lacking in confidence for sure. No wonder they got scared of BanglaWash by Bangladesh !!! khekz

Night_wolf
November 11, 2010, 10:57 PM
OZs are scared..their NZ brother told them not to come..they saw what happend 2 NZ and they remember the fotullah test..they are scared of the wimping we r gona give them if they comes!!

Ajfar
November 11, 2010, 10:58 PM
I can't wait to see England retain the Ashes. Ponting your time is up.

shakibrulz
November 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
Aussies are crap against Spin, no wonder why they are chickening out. They simply want to avoid an embarrassing defeat against BD. Would've loved to see them play in BD though, even a 3-2 defeat will be good for BD

Night_wolf
November 11, 2010, 11:36 PM
^what defeat?..we will pound them!!!!

al Furqaan
November 12, 2010, 12:08 AM
eff the CA...

al Furqaan
November 12, 2010, 12:10 AM
eff the IPL as well...

al Furqaan
November 12, 2010, 12:23 AM
we could win teh world cup and nothing would change. this isn't about us not being a strong opposition, per se.

its simply about the IPL and money.

BCB has to grow a pair, or even a single would be nice...and demand that CA set an exact window for the reschedulement of this tour.

we have yet to get a tour from pakistan after the Jawan tragedy that happened last year.

auntu
November 12, 2010, 01:26 AM
This is the perfect time to hunt down the Aussies.

Bond
November 12, 2010, 02:08 AM
We have only beaten them once so they have every right to turn us down, Australia is still a fat better team than us. We have won only one series, I highly doubt we can win any other ones.

godzilla
November 12, 2010, 04:33 AM
Correct me if I am not understanding the meaning of this cote from the article

"Bangladesh publicly claims it wants Australia to tour next year but also has several players in the IPL." :timeout:

Is the author suggesting that bengali players are playing for the IPL? I thought all the bengali players where released so what's up with this cote? Don't anyone do their homework before picking up their pen to write ...

Antora
November 12, 2010, 05:15 AM
I want to "Banglawash" Australia.

OH how I would love for that to happen. I can just imagine the looks on all my Aussie mate's faces ....* smiles evily at the thought*

mij
November 12, 2010, 05:28 AM
After the a$$-whipping SL gave them at their own soil, i think they are scared of us more than anything else.
:up:

I think so.

firstlane
November 12, 2010, 06:08 AM

I like free entertainment.

I too can think of one reason for aussies not willing to come to bangladesh- the memory of 'bangla police' beating the journalists still hunts ponting in his dream.
Cricket Australia chaina torun uthti cricketerder mone ei dhoroner ababr kono ghotona dirgho meyadi chaap feluk.

cricket_king
November 12, 2010, 06:22 AM
OH how I would love for that to happen. I can just imagine the looks on all my Aussie mate's faces ....* smiles evily at the thought*

"Smiles evily"? :hairpull:

Those Melbourne English teachers really need to pull their socks up.

dash
November 12, 2010, 07:02 AM
it was on the cards......schedule a series during ipl and rhen dont come

firstlane
November 12, 2010, 07:10 AM
"Smiles evily"? :hairpull:

Those Melbourne English teachers really need to pull their socks up.

They are not exactly "English" teachers mate, they are aussies teaching english. So it is done little differently here. After all we left behind shakespeare era for a while now.

Tigers_eye
November 12, 2010, 07:15 AM
...not interested in cricket development of bangladesh.
They have played the highest role among all other Cricketing nations in developing BD cricket. My wish is they don't get Gillespie out of retirement.

Baundule
November 12, 2010, 07:38 AM
The Aussies should actually play the series with us before the world cup. They will get the feeling of some competitive cricket, which they have lacked during the past few months against tougher opponents. A series draw with us will give them enough boost of confidence and contribute to their world cup preparation.

Rabz
November 12, 2010, 07:59 AM
Its inevitable.
The series would be reschuduled.

Not only just the Aussies, I think our boys would be eager to play in the IPL, given the sheninigans. Our top performers like Tamim and Sakib are due this year in the IPL circus and I'd say even the board would not want any clash of the scheduling with the mighty IPL.

Better not be scrapped, but be rescheduled later part of the year.

Naimul_Hd
November 12, 2010, 08:05 AM
"rescheduled" is a nice way to say "postponed" !!! :)

roman
November 12, 2010, 08:30 AM
We rescheduled Pakistan's tour, and that tour never saw a day light

mij
November 12, 2010, 09:05 AM

Rescheduling mean event never will take place.

Holden
November 12, 2010, 10:11 AM
The Aussies should actually play the series with us before the world cup. They will get the feeling of some competitive cricket, which they have lacked during the past few months against tougher opponents. A series draw with us will give them enough boost of confidence and contribute to their world cup preparation.

I was thinking the same thing but then I saw Australia's fixture list before the World Cup, they are fully booked. After the Ashes test series, which finishes in early January, they play two T20 matches and then 7 ODI against England!! This takes them into February which is when the World Cup would begin.

In contrast Bangladesh don't have anything set after the Zimbabwe series which ends mid December. Most of the other teams have setup ODI series during January; Australia host England, New Zealand host Pakistan, South Africa host India. This leaves Sri Lanka and West Indies who are playing each other in December and I don't think they have anything booked for January. So I suppose Bangladesh could try and set something up against either of these two teams in January. As West Indies are in our group I don't think it would be a good idea to expose them to our spin attack, so this leaves Sri Lanka. We could host or tour them, and maybe even setup a tri series including an Associate if possible.

Baundule
November 12, 2010, 10:54 AM
After the Ashes test series, which finishes in early January, they play two T20 matches and then 7 ODI against England!! This takes them into February which is when the World Cup would begin.

In contrast Bangladesh don't have anything set after the Zimbabwe series which ends mid December. We could host or tour them, and maybe even setup a tri series including an Associate if possible.

7 ODIs is too many after 5 tests and 2 T20s and it is going to harm both Aus and Eng. We could concentrate on our preparation after the Zimbabwe series. Hopefully we will be on a high after beating NZ and Zim (if happens) and then starting fresh at the world cup is an advantage.

roman
November 12, 2010, 11:30 AM
So I suppose Bangladesh could try and set something up against either of these two teams in January. As West Indies are in our group I don't think it would be a good idea to expose them to our spin attack, so this leaves Sri Lanka. We could host or tour them, and maybe even setup a tri series including an Associate if possible.

I want our players get enough rest before WC and start fresh. England will be exhausted after the Ashes and 7 ODIs... SA,India will be playing non stop cricket till WC. We have a great opportunity here to go to the 2nd round.

Night_wolf
November 12, 2010, 12:04 PM
I want our players get enough rest before WC and start fresh. England will be exhausted after the Ashes and 7 ODIs... SA,India will be playing non stop cricket till WC. We have a great opportunity here to go to the 2nd round.

hmm...or will they get good match practice?..Shakib was playing nonstop county cricket before nz series where others were practicing but not match practice...the rest is history

roman
November 12, 2010, 12:14 PM
hmm...or will they get good match practice?..Shakib was playing nonstop county cricket before nz series where others were practicing but not match practice...the rest is history

Nothing can beat good match practice, but also there is a thing called too much cricket..Besides there will be few warmups for us before the WC begins

Boomerang
November 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Nothing can beat good match practice, but also there is a thing called too much cricket..Besides there will be few warmups for us before the WC begins

rightly said, if we can have a satisfying series against zim it will create gd memories b4 the wc. The coaches need some free time for the practice. Our domestic cricket will go on. So dont wanna give extra burden or pressure just b4 the wc.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

bangla-red
November 12, 2010, 02:16 PM
Well they're obviously confident that they'll get to the WC final, there's nothing wrong with that, especially as they've reached and won 3 out of the last 4.

Dilscoop
November 12, 2010, 02:22 PM

That happened for good. No way in hell do I want our guys to go to Pak. Nor do I want those corrupted boys any where near our team or country.

Roni_uk
November 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
scared f*****n gitts!!! sorry about my french! Losing the series to SL is bad enough, imagine losing against us. How does ICC even allow this????

Rifat
November 12, 2010, 04:16 PM
guys, nothing really to lose sleep over, they should regret this move later...

Haru-party
November 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
are valoito ebar tamim shakib-o ipl contract pabe

rinathq
November 12, 2010, 06:03 PM
This is the reason why Aussie cricket is going down. If they were sensible, after loosing from 2 South Asians team pretty badly, they shouldve ,made Bangladesh their top priority so that they can get used to the sub continental condition, instead they start ignoring it. It doesn't matter for us.... We have a pretty good chance against teams likie England, Aus, SA, Kiwis and West Indies because of their weakness against spin. Its India, Sri Lanka we need to start worrying about because these 2 teams are the best teams right now and will stay like that for a long time!

brockley
November 12, 2010, 09:24 PM
See little chance of resecheduling new ftp starts 2012.
IPL should be brought into censure.
Their will be little bangladesh players,in acurrate,worcester looking for shakid again,and ipl down to 7 teams.
Its the way things are.
Pakistan,australia and india have now snubbed bangladesh.

brockley
November 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
Srilanka likely to pull out of england due to ipl,and the west indies and india series cancelled,all during ipl.

Ajfar
November 12, 2010, 10:07 PM
they might as well put the IPL in the FTP.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

beshideshi
November 12, 2010, 10:13 PM
It's not just this move, if ICC does waste days to make an FTP, they should make sure it is enforced. We still have a test series in Aus pending, a Pak tour pending and god knows what else. ICC talks about globalization of cricket and allows India/SA/Eng/Aus to act whatever way they want.
"Any country who voluntarily postpones/cancels a FTP tour, they would be liable to pay $2 million to the other nation" ICC should make a rule like this.

Eshen
November 12, 2010, 10:23 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
There were many people who advised ICC to do so, but idiotic ICC did no agree!

Ajfar
November 12, 2010, 10:28 PM
They should do it. Its not only India's domestic league alone. Its much bigger than that. Its effecting all the teams one way or another so its not just India's matter alone. I think they can easily fit it into the FTP only if they lower the number of matches.

Night_wolf
November 12, 2010, 11:51 PM
There were many people who advised ICC to do so, but idiotic ICC did no agree!

why should they agree?..ipl is a domestic tournament

BASSMAN
November 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
Australia Afraid of a Banglawash!

Jokes apart butmost of their players would rather play in the IPL than play with ANY team in the world.

lamisa
November 13, 2010, 08:01 AM
bunch of sissies!!!

Rabz
November 13, 2010, 08:06 AM
Dont blame the Aussies.

If we had to pick between playing a series with Zimbabwe ( Or New Zealand ;) ) or playing in the IPL where most of our top cricketers are gonna make a bucket load of cash, we'd have also opted for IPL.

Money talks.

Boomerang
November 13, 2010, 09:11 AM
why should they agree?..ipl is a domestic tournament

its domestic but with international emblem. Lucrative amount of money available for the grab. Opportunities for being the subject of big spotlight. Tournament associated from the craziest and sickest cricket fans of the world. Ipl has its own way of judging cricketers, and can make a cricketer from zero to hero. Can missuse talent or ignore it(shakib). Its a gamble and if one is lucky he will surely be no short of fame and wealth. The dream of every cricketer!

BD d best
November 14, 2010, 11:00 AM
We have only beaten them once so they have every right to turn us down, Australia is still a fat better team than us. We have won only one series, I highly doubt we can win any other ones.

You should die (gunshots)

Ajfar
November 14, 2010, 11:05 AM
^bhai have you seen his name? Its Bond.

FagunerAgun
November 14, 2010, 10:28 PM
guys, nothing really to lose sleep over, they should regret this move later...
Well said.:flag:

dark mage
November 15, 2010, 07:44 AM
It is said, it will be rescheduled...not cancelled

Ermmm...here the word "resechedule" actually means "cancelled" because, just how many tests, against us, do you think have been so-called resecheduled? Australia themselves have "resecheduled the ttwo tests we were supposed to play in Australia, but has it ever been "resecheduled" again? Instead, they reshedule the tests they are supposed to play in Bangladesh. India has "resecheduled" countless tests against us, and have yet remains the only country that havent hosted us in their country. Pakistan have rescheduled one of their tests and recently, Newzealand too "rescheduled" their tests, against us. So, this tour has effectively been cancelled and not "resecheduled" because our Cricket Board will never take any steps to see those tests really rescheduled.

I think only the English have truly kept their promise to us and ICC(they toured and hosted us during the Habibul Bashar Era and recently toured us again and hosted us)

For the record, I m sure,the Aussies have pulled out for two reasons, one is ofcourse IPL and the money it offers, but the other reason is, because the Aussies are definitely worried of losing face to Bangladesh in that tour with their ordinary new generation of cricketers and I m notjoking about this. I mean, even their best side almost lost against us in Fatullah, and now, their average side has to face a much better Bangladesh side in the heat of April which is what they are scared of.

Man, I m so pissed because I was really looking forward to this tour, just like how I looked forward to the England vs Bangladesh home and away matches in which our guys really did give the poms quite a run for their money as they had to play well t beat us.

No matter what anyone says, I fully believe this Bangladesh team is fully capable of beating this Australian team in our own soil because we have gone toe-to-toe with the current best two test teams in the ICC ranking and I think we have played well against both England and worried the Indians alot in one of the tests, (if only our 2nd innings batting was better and if only Tendulkar hadnt played a gem of an innings to rescue the indians from an embarrasment in the first innings, that test could've been ours)...So, my beielf isnt just founded on blind faith, I trul think, this generation of Bangladesh cricketers are fully capable of beating the present generation of Aussie cricketers in our own soil (provided if we can beat the Zimbos in the upcoming series to clear all my doubts about this generation of cricketers).

shuziburo
November 15, 2010, 12:11 PM

Either that or get a backbone to punish nations that pulls out of a scheduled tour. The former is more likely to happen, though...

roman
November 15, 2010, 12:50 PM
IPL is just a local league, including this in the FTP will this show how powerful BCCI is and what money can do. BCB should make sure that BD gets something out of this "rescheduling". I was really waiting for this series to take pace. Onek koshto pailam re vai...

brockley
November 18, 2010, 06:36 AM
Bangladesh should use the asian power bloc to pressurize australia to play bangladesh,it worked on england,2 series back to back.

Rabz
November 18, 2010, 06:43 AM
^^ Ask BCCI to pressurize Australia to play in BD so that some of their star players miss out IPL ?

Asian bloc is a myth.

Habib
November 18, 2010, 08:10 AM
^^ Ask BCCI to pressurize Australia to play in BD so that some of their star players miss out IPL ?

Asian bloc is a myth.

ABIS=Asian Bloc at India's Service.

simon
November 18, 2010, 09:21 AM
cowards.;)

cricman
November 28, 2010, 10:27 PM
After watching their pop gun attack I know why their reluctant to tour

Ajfar
November 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
^that pop gun attack will turn into Mcgrath and Brett Lee when our batsman's face them.

cricman
November 28, 2010, 10:50 PM
^that pop gun attack will turn into Mcgrath and Brett Lee when our batsman's face them.

Australia's < England's Bowling Attack

England's Pacers toiled worked their butts off and they had a tough time in BD and needed Swann to win them the Series.

Doherty? Hauritz LMAO ...

Siddons needs to publicly scold his countrymen, call them sissies Dare them to come here

EDIT: How do you think Jamie feels? If he was born 10-12 years later, He'd have tons of Test Caps and Many Centuries

Ajfar
November 28, 2010, 11:02 PM
^ well Swann is obviously miles ahead of Doherty/Hauritz but we had to face tredwell and from what I remember we gave away some wickets to him may be even a 5 fer I could be wrong though. and he is not that great of a bowler. our batsman's always scare me because in the back of my mind I always know that famous collapse is right around the corner.

Haru-party
November 29, 2010, 02:55 PM
i strongly believe aus will reshcedule the tour.......they always help bangladesh cricket

Rabz
November 29, 2010, 03:03 PM
^^ Let us perform well in the world cup, they all would que up to tour us.

Night_wolf
November 29, 2010, 09:21 PM
^^ Let us perform well in the world cup, they all would que up to tour us.

even if we win the WC they will still go and play in the ipl

wiseshah
November 29, 2010, 09:35 PM
i think we are capable of beating this pseudo-mighty aussie team.

Night_wolf
November 29, 2010, 09:39 PM
i think we are capable of beating this pseudo-mighty aussie team.

me 2 but sadly we r not going to have that chance..

Rabz
November 30, 2010, 02:07 AM

I meant in general, not just the IPL.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2010, 02:21 AM

Oz players don't give rat's *** about IPL. At least the top players. Guys like Ponting and Clarke ignored IPL to get ready for Ashes.

Why is that you all relate everything back to IPL? or India?

Night_wolf
November 30, 2010, 03:20 AM
Oz players don't give rat's *** about IPL. At least the top players. Guys like Ponting and Clarke ignored IPL to get ready for Ashes.

Why is that you all relate everything back to IPL? or India?

OK give me one good reason for their canceling BD tour

Dilscoop
November 30, 2010, 03:26 AM
Idk why. But it's definitely not because of IPL. But my best guess would be that their board knows that their team is not ready to play in our condition, and being aware of a huge upset.

Night_wolf
November 30, 2010, 03:33 AM
Idk why. But it's definitely not because of IPL. But my best guess would be that their board knows that their team is not ready to play in our condition, and being aware of a huge upset.

read this...this is the 1st line of the article given in the opening post
AUSTRALIA'S scheduled Test series in Bangladesh in April is likely to be rescheduled because it clashes with the Indian Premier League.

link again:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/heat-on-aussies-as-ipl-and-tour-dates-clash/story-e6frecj3-1225952478708

mac
November 30, 2010, 04:13 AM
So much for a domestic league.

Ajfar
November 30, 2010, 09:05 AM

not ready for our condition? Well they have the whole world cup to get used to the condition.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2010, 02:52 PM
read this...this is the 1st line of the article given in the opening post

link again:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/heat-on-aussies-as-ipl-and-tour-dates-clash/story-e6frecj3-1225952478708

Ya, that doesn't mean they can't send a weaker team, with new players, while Punter and Pup and others take on IPL? But no they wouldn't do that. That's suicidal. So they will cancel it.

Hey, that's my theory, if you don't have to agree with it

Rabz
November 30, 2010, 03:04 PM
^^ Even some of our boys have a good chance of making it to the IPl this time.
I'm sure Tamim and Shakib would rather play in the IPL than in one bilateral series.
..and whats in our team without Tamim and Shakib ?

revolver
December 7, 2010, 02:14 PM
they are scared of the mighty tigers....

dolcevita
December 7, 2010, 03:09 PM
Aussie bowler are ordinary in a spin friendly pitch BD has definitly its chance , with URDS

brockley
December 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
From the SMH
""Australia will tour Bangladesh in April for Tests and limited-overs games after the World Cup but Cricket Australia is still waiting for the Bangladesh Cricket Board to confirm dates and venues.""

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
Good news

al Furqaan
December 21, 2010, 05:19 PM
But will this be a 2nd string aus side due to that Idiotic Picnic League?

al Furqaan
December 21, 2010, 05:21 PM
And what about the NZ tour...BCB needs to fit both tours into the schedule. 4 tests and 8 ODIs at home should be top notch stuff

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 07:35 PM
I think we can be pretty sure they will send a full squad, because any defeat would destroy their already bad ranking.....

Naimul_Hd
December 21, 2010, 10:48 PM
Does not matter if they send 'A' team or 'B' team...beating aussie is always sweet !

shakibrulz
December 21, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hope this tour takes place. BD was decent against the strongest Australian side, now they should be able to put up a much better show back at home. Can't wait to see some good ol test crickey!

yaseer
December 21, 2010, 11:03 PM
Ponting, Clark, Jonhnson....are not going to IPL. Don't think its going to be a "A" team. Also Aussies don't give away their baggy green so cheaply. Its going to be a great series if it happens.

roman
December 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
this will be the series to watch if it takes place. Cant wait for another Banglawash

Night_wolf
December 21, 2010, 11:23 PM
WC,Aus and NZ..man thats a lot of cricket..i want both aus and nz series to happen..

ziku1
December 22, 2010, 02:34 AM
this was reported today on the sydney morning herald : (last paragraph)

Australia will tour Bangladesh in April for Tests and limited-overs games after the World Cup but Cricket Australia is still waiting for the Bangladesh Cricket Board to confirm dates and venues.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/johnson-fears-overcooking-so-he-opts-out-of-ipl-gravy-train-20101221-194hb.html

lamisa
December 22, 2010, 09:48 AM
great!!!so i can smell 2 banglawashes coming up!!!!

beshideshi
December 22, 2010, 10:18 AM
Beautiful news. In 2004-5 Aus were at their peak, with bowlers like McGrath, Lee, Warne threatening our somewhat feeble batting line up, Australia's batting was even more alarming with Hayden on top till Gilchrist at 7. This time, a much weaker Aus team will face a much stronger Bangladesh side. Should be a fascinating battle.

Whether Aus ends up sending a 2nd team will depend on their[and our] world cup campaign. If Aus fails, they will send their main team. If we succeed they will send their main team, if both happens together, they will bring back Warne and Hayden and then send them to Bangladesh.

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 11:05 AM
this was reported today on the sydney morning herald : (last paragraph)

Australia will tour Bangladesh in April for Tests and limited-overs games after the World Cup but Cricket Australia is still waiting for the Bangladesh Cricket Board to confirm dates and venues.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/johnson-fears-overcooking-so-he-opts-out-of-ipl-gravy-train-20101221-194hb.html

I hope BCB does not mess this up!

rinathq
December 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
Watch Aussie get destroyed and demand for a re tour like kiwis.....
Tamim Is in for another test player of the year!

ammark
December 22, 2010, 01:14 PM
^^^ Yeah well, Last time Shahriar Nafees scored a century against an even stronger Aussie team and scared them to bits. Only Ponting saved the game by steering it away in the 2nd innings. Also that of our 2nd innings batting collapse.

But handing Gillespie a double-century in the next match SUCKED ARSE!

Time to show 'em who's boss. We're like the Achilles' heel to Aus it seems, but we need to be consistent in what we do.

rinathq
December 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
We are far more consistent than before, but Aussie will not take us lightly anymore expect a full strength squad taking on....
However, they dunt have those 2 match savers gilespie and gilchrist..... They dunt have Warne, Lee. Let's see this squad is better or not

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
^^^ Yeah well, Last time Shahriar Nafees scored a century against an even stronger Aussie team and scared them to bits. Only Ponting saved the game by steering it away in the 2nd innings. Also that of our 2nd innings batting collapse.

But handing Gillespie a double-century in the next match SUCKED ARSE!

Time to show 'em who's boss. We're like the Achilles' heel to Aus it seems, but we need to be consistent in what we do.

This team has the capability to beat Australia. But, they have to play within themselves and not go for foolish antics.

rinathq
December 22, 2010, 01:25 PM
I say make it a spin paradise and go with 1 pacer :) inning defeat for them would be unavoidable :)

Equinox
December 22, 2010, 01:59 PM
I think other than Michael Clarke there are no other prospective members of the Aussie tour party that has toured Bangladesh before. I am expecting Ponting to retire after the World Cup. Our pitches are very different to the traditional Indian wickets hence their previous subcontienent experience does not count. Am I being too optimistic in expecting a Test win (hence an overall series draw or better) and winning the ODI series? Given that we rid ourselves of the deadwoods, the only barrier I see is the mental frailties and the inferiority complex (given that they have grown up watching an invincible Aussie side dominate World cricket) of the players (barring Shakib and Tamim). Also the sledging could be an issue for some. It gets seriously ugly especially when they are down.

Dhakablues
December 22, 2010, 02:01 PM
Guys:
Most of the comments are made on this thread are still based on the belief that we are kinda still the so called Minnows and Australia is just ignoring us. Thats a by gone. Bangladesh, in ODIs, are no longer the minnow nor the improving side. They are the improved side. When you have the best ICC 2 year long all-rounder in the team, best left arm spinners of the world in the same team and the Wisden criceter of the year in the team,, it is no longer a team that other countries ignore. Just look at the CEAT ratings..http://ceatcricketrating.com/home.asp . Bangladesh is rated #5 above South Africa, NZ, Pakistan. Yes, it is an indian rating system but it tells you the story pretty much.

So, lets not get upset with the Aussie decision to delay the tour. Let that be. We will be waiting and at Mirpur pitch, even the gamblers will raise their bets!!

Rabz
December 22, 2010, 02:48 PM
I still think the tour will not go on in April.
The moment we'd see Tamim and Sakib playing in the IPL, even most of us would want Aussies to travel at a later date.

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
I still think the tour will not go on in April.
The moment we'd see Tamim and Sakib playing in the IPL, even most of us would want Aussies to travel at a later date.

Hmmm...

Night_wolf
December 22, 2010, 09:50 PM
Guys:
Most of the comments are made on this thread are still based on the belief that we are kinda still the so called Minnows and Australia is just ignoring us. Thats a by gone. Bangladesh, in ODIs, are no longer the minnow nor the improving side. They are the improved side. When you have the best ICC 2 year long all-rounder in the team, best left arm spinners of the world in the same team and the Wisden criceter of the year in the team,, it is no longer a team that other countries ignore. Just look at the CEAT ratings..http://ceatcricketrating.com/home.asp . Bangladesh is rated #5 above South Africa, NZ, Pakistan. Yes, it is an indian rating system but it tells you the story pretty much.

So, lets not get upset with the Aussie decision to delay the tour. Let that be. We will be waiting and at Mirpur pitch, even the gamblers will raise their bets!!

that ceat rating is a vhua rating bro...see the icc rating

Raynman
December 22, 2010, 09:51 PM
I think we should either change the thread title or open a new one with the new info that says "Potential Aus Tour post World Cup" or something like that.

brockley
December 23, 2010, 02:24 PM
Ponting,clarke and johnson all opted out of ipl,expect them to tour bangladesh.

ammark
December 23, 2010, 02:33 PM
^^^^ BCB has first rights to their players. Never thought I'd be so grateful for that. Just hope they release Sakib for Worcs instead of wasting his time out in Zimbabwe afterwards.

rinathq
December 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
Well county is easy for him too!

Habib
December 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
^Not entirely true. He still owes Worcs some 100s & 50s.

Habib
December 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
Ponting,clarke and johnson all opted out of ipl,expect them to tour bangladesh.

It isn't just a coincidence that these players are not very good at playing T20.

rinathq
December 23, 2010, 02:57 PM

Just Fr batting than..... He owned bowling.....

Night_wolf
December 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
Just Fr batting than..... He owned bowling.....

one thing i noticed about shakib that before his worc days(in 2010) his bowling was superb but he was struggling with bat..then in worc his batting was again not that good but bowling was again very good...then after when he came back from worc his batting improved but bowling got wayward..can't just solve this puzzle:-/

Habib
December 24, 2010, 09:31 AM
^In terms of getting wicket his bowling is alright but he needs to cut down the economy rate.

shakibrulz
December 24, 2010, 10:23 AM
I believe Shakib's still out of form with the ball. Yes, an out of form Shakib is enough to wreck a county side on english pitches. He has toughened up a lot after the season in terms of batting. But still he has to control the rush of blood and get his shot selection right (and for gods sake stop playing the damn scoop, gives me a heart attack)

lamisa
December 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
one thing i noticed about shakib that before his worc days(in 2010) his bowling was superb but he was struggling with bat..then in worc his batting was again not that good but bowling was again very good...then after when he came back from worc his batting improved but bowling got wayward..can't just solve this puzzle:-/

come on,one cant be perfect,he's only human,not God

max410
December 24, 2010, 01:08 PM
The article did not mention they are not interested they want to re schedule it for IPL lolz

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 05:52 PM
I believe Shakib's still out of form with the ball. Yes, an out of form Shakib is enough to wreck a county side on english pitches. He has toughened up a lot after the season in terms of batting. But still he has to control the rush of blood and get his shot selection right (and for gods sake stop playing the damn scoop, gives me a heart attack)

He has not played that scoop shot much lately.

lamisa
December 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
^^^and hasn't mastered it guite so well either...no one can play it as well as our ash :)

Night_wolf
December 25, 2010, 10:43 AM
^^^and hasn't mastered it guite so well either...no one can play it as well as our ash :)

Thats prehistoric talk!!!

Rabz
December 25, 2010, 12:38 PM

He owes no one nothing...(except Bangladesh)
If there is any owing business, its the Worcs owe him for being promoted to the upper league.

Habib
December 25, 2010, 12:46 PM
He owes no one nothing...(except Bangladesh)
If there is any owing business, its the Worcs owe him for being promoted to the upper league.

Right you are Rabz vai. Let me rephrase it- He should've scored more 100s & 50s in the county because he's a quite capable batsman.

_Rafi_
December 25, 2010, 03:26 PM
Right you are Rabz vai. Let me rephrase it- He should've scored more 100s & 50s in the county because he's a quite capable batsman.

then it would have been waste of energy since Worce promoted to upper division anyway. Final word is that the Boss can do no wrong. All hail Shakib Al Hasan:-)

FagunerAgun
December 25, 2010, 07:13 PM
BD is on roll, we do not care for these adversaries any more.

Murad
December 25, 2010, 10:19 PM
[বাংলা]বিশ্বকাপের পর বেশ কয়েক মাস আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট নেই। সাকিবকে তাই আপাতত বিশ্বকাপ পর্যন্তই অধিনায়কত্ব দেওয়া হবে। বিশ্বকাপের পরপর আগামী এপ্রিলে অস্ট্রেলিয়া দলের বাংলাদেশ সফরের কথা থাকলেও অস্ট্রেলিয়ার নতুন প্রস্তাবে সেটি অনিশ্চিত হয়ে পড়েছে। সিরিজটি দুই টেস্ট ও তিন ওয়ানডের হলেও আইপিএলের সঙ্গে সূচির সংঘর্ষ বাধে বলে এপ্রিল মাসে শুধু তিনটি ওয়ানডেই খেলতে চাচ্ছে অস্ট্রেলিয়া। টেস্ট দুটি পরে কোনো এক সময়ে খেলার প্রস্তাব দিয়েছে তারা। তবে সিরিজের সূচি নিয়ে বিসিবি-ক্রিকেট অস্ট্রেলিয়া একমত না হলে পিছিয়ে যেতে পারে পুরো সিরিজটিই[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-26/news/118462

So no Test. Only the ODIs.

ammark
December 25, 2010, 11:58 PM
^^^^ In that case host a Aus+BD+NZ triangular ODI tourney and then start a 2 match Test series with NZ. It'll be more competitive, and better for BD cricket.

Habib
December 26, 2010, 12:17 AM
^^^^ In that case host a Aus+BD+NZ triangular ODI tourney and then start a 2 match Test series with NZ. It'll be more competitive, and better for BD cricket.

Second that.

Ajfar
December 26, 2010, 12:26 AM
I'd rather play the tests than ODI. Whenever we postpone Test matches it never happens. If they do a 2 week tour they can easily do 2 test match series. They won't need any practice match since they just had the world cup in subcontinent so condition shouldn't be a problem. Also according to the FTP Aus is suppose to host Zim for 2 test and 3 ODI in June 2011. So I doubt that series will take place at least not the test matches. Also according to the FTP we are going to Zim in Aug 2011 for 2 test and 5 ODI's. Well we are not even sure if those tests will take place. I'd rather bring the 5 ODI's down to 3 ODI if we have to make space. I don't get what kind of problem we have accommodating NZ's new request. Unless i'm looking at an older version of FTP which hasn't been updated yet.

_Rafi_
December 26, 2010, 01:27 AM
We are not playing any kind of longer version games for more than 1 years. We should arrange NCL 1st class before playing test against Aus/Nz.

Rabz
December 26, 2010, 03:00 AM
^^ Why dont we tour Aus instead of Zim for the test matches ??

I like Ammar's idea. Bring the Tasman brothers and whip their a$$ Banglawash style. The Kiwis already tasted it, now its time for the Aussies.

If we manage to put a great show in the world cup, I'm pretty confident future tours would just come knocking on the door.

shakibrulz
December 26, 2010, 03:16 AM
Need.more.tests. :(

Still happy with ODIs, don't see BD winning though.

Night_wolf
December 26, 2010, 03:43 AM
Need.more.tests. :(

Still happy with ODIs, don't see BD winning though.

then u need to wear glassesE-)

Night_wolf
December 26, 2010, 03:43 AM

like that

Nocturnal
December 26, 2010, 04:07 AM
source - daily kaler kantha

[বাংলা]অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সঙ্গে শুধুই ওয়ানডে!

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
আইসিসির ফিউচার ট্যুরস প্রোগ্রাম (এফটিপি) অনুযায়ী ২০১১ সালের বিশ্বকাপের পরপরই অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বাংলাদেশ সফর করার কথা। কিন্তু মাসখানেক আগে অস্ট্রেলিয়ান সংবাদমাধ্যমের প্রতিবেদনে এসেছিল অন্য খবর। ইন্ডিয়ান প্রিমিয়ার লিগের (আইপিএল) চতুর্থ আসরের সময়সূচির সঙ্গে মিলে যাওয়ায় নির্ধারিত সফরটি পিছিয়ে যাওয়ার সম্ভাবনার সঙ্গে সেটি বাতিল হওয়ার আশঙ্কার খবরও দিয়েছিল তারা। যদিও বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) বলছে, এপ্রিলেই বাংলাদেশে আসছে অস্ট্রেলিয়া। তবে দুই টেস্ট ও তিন ওয়ানডের সিরিজ খেলতে নয়, ওই সফরে তারা শুধুই ওয়ানডে খেলবে। সিরিজটি তিন না পাঁচ ম্যাচের হবে, সেটি নিয়েই নাকি এখন ক্রিকেট অস্ট্রেলিয়ার (সিএ) সঙ্গে দেনদরবার চলছে।
বিশ্বকাপের আগে টেস্ট ক্রিকেট নয়, বাংলাদেশের প্রস্তুতির মূল সুরটা এমনই। এ জন্য গত অক্টোবরে দেশের মাঠে নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে দুই টেস্ট ও তিন ওয়ানডের সিরিজ হয়ে গেছে শুধুই পাঁচ ওয়ানডের। ১৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি থেকে ২ এপ্রিল পর্যন্ত অনুষ্ঠেয় বিশ্বকাপের পরই অস্ট্রেলিয়া সিরিজ দিয়ে টেস্টের জগতে ফেরার কথা ছিল বাংলাদেশের। কিন্তু আবার তাদের টেস্ট খেলা বিলম্বিত হচ্ছে আগামী মে মাসে নিউজিল্যান্ডের বাংলাদেশ সফরে আসা পর্যন্ত। যে সফরে দুই টেস্টের সঙ্গে কিছু ওয়ানডেও খেলতে চেয়েছিল কিউইরা। কিন্তু বিসিবি তাতে সম্মত হয়নি।
ওদিকে আবার এপ্রিলেই অস্ট্রেলিয়াকে দুটি টেস্ট খেলতে রাজি করানো যায়নি। অবশ্য বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা মঞ্জুর আহমেদ নিশ্চিত যে ঝুলে যাওয়া সিরিজ মাঠে গড়াবেই, 'আপাতত টেস্ট সিরিজটি হচ্ছে না বটে। তবে আজ হোক কিংবা কাল, এটা হতেই হবে। কারণ আইসিসির টেস্ট লিগ চালু হয়ে যাচ্ছে।' যেটি টেস্ট ক্রিকেটের প্রথম বিশ্ব চ্যাম্পিয়ন বেছে নেওয়ার লিগ। ২০১৩ সালে আইসিসি র‌্যাংকিংয়ের শীর্ষ চারটি দল এ শিরোপার জন্য প্লে অফ খেলবে। এফটিপি অনুযায়ী খেলার বাধ্যবাধকতার চেয়ে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার কাছে র‌্যাংকিংয়ে সুসংহত অবস্থানের জন্য সিরিজভিত্তিক পয়েন্টও খুব গুরুত্বপূর্ণ হওয়ার কথা। এখন চার নম্বরে থাকা অস্ট্রেলিয়ার পক্ষে তাই সহজ প্রতিপক্ষ বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজ অবহেলা করার সুযোগ কম, এটাই বোধ হয় বিসিবির লাইফলাইন।
দেশের মাঠে দুই টেস্টের সিরিজ নিয়ে হয়তো এ জন্যই আশাবাদী হতে পারছে তারা। কিন্তু অস্ট্রেলিয়ার মাটিতে পাওনা দুই টেস্টের সিরিজ নিয়ে এখনো সিএর তরফ থেকে কোনো সাড়া নেই বলেই জানা গেছে। যেটি ২০০৮ সালের আগস্টে হওয়ার কথা ছিল। কিন্তু বেইজিং অলিম্পিকের টিভি সম্প্রচার সময়সূচির সঙ্গে সংঘাতের দোহাই দিয়ে সে যাত্রা বাংলাদেশকে শুধুই তিন ওয়ানডের আতিথ্য দেয় তারা। এবং প্রতিশ্রুতি দেয়, ২০১০ সালে টেস্ট সিরিজ খেলার জন্য আমন্ত্রণ জানানো হবে। সেই প্রতিশ্রুতি তো পূরণ হয়ইনি, উল্টো অনিশ্চিত হয়ে গেছে।
ম্যাচের সংখ্যা চূড়ান্ত না হলেও এপ্রিলে বাংলাদেশ-অস্ট্রেলিয়ার ওয়ানডে সিরিজ নিশ্চিত। দুই ধরনের খসড়া সূচিও তৈরি করা হচ্ছে। একটা তিন ওয়ানডের, অন্যটা পাঁচ ম্যাচের। তিন ম্যাচের সিরিজ হলে সব ম্যাচই হবে মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে। আর সিরিজ পাঁচ ম্যাচের হলে দুটি হবে চট্টগ্রামের জহুর আহমেদ চৌধুরী স্টেডিয়ামে। বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী জানালেন, 'তিনটি না পাঁচটি ম্যাচ হবে, দুই বোর্ড এখন সেটিই পর্যালোচনা করে দেখছে। আশা করি, আমরা এ মাসের শেষের দিকে বিষয়টা চূড়ান্ত করতে পারব।'[/বাংলা]

IanW
December 26, 2010, 06:11 AM
After watching the first day in Melbourne, if Shaiful can bowl an off-stump line, we can take them.

lamisa
December 26, 2010, 08:26 AM
^^^i thought u were an aussie!

al Furqaan
December 26, 2010, 12:51 PM

no...triangular = at most 4 ODIs for us

just play the 3 ODIs with AUS (and try to make it 5 since no tests)...and then keep it as 5 ODIs and 2 Tests vs NZ.

i'm sick and tired of losing matches.

due to weather we lost 2 ODIs...at the expense of 2 winnable tests against NZ.

Haru-party
December 26, 2010, 01:23 PM
^^^i thought u were an aussie!

u r r8 he was an oz not anymore :D

IanW
December 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Haru_party,

You're new around here, arent you :)

Haru-party
December 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
Haru_party,

You're new around here, arent you :)

yes but i hardly left reading any match thread from the archive. so i know very well about you :)

brockley
December 26, 2010, 11:56 PM
James sutheralnd the cricket australia ceo says australia don't play tests again till august srilanka,so maybe there is no bangladesh tour.
I guess 2012 new ftp comes in and australia only played 2 test series vs bangladesh.

Ajfar
December 27, 2010, 12:18 AM
This tour has to take place a week after World Cup. IPl will most likely start 3 or 4th week of april and go on until may. So Australia probably won't leave Bangladesh (given they make it to semi final or final) and do the the tour all together before heading back home.

I still don't get why can't BCB accommodate NZ's new request. Our next tour after May/June is on August to Zim. That's almost 2 month. why can't we find time to host them for 3 ODIs?

Murad
December 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
I still don't get why can't BCB accommodate NZ's new request. Our next tour after May/June is on August to Zim. That's almost 2 month. why can't we find time to host them for 3 ODIs?

Zimbabwe tour is in July.

Its gonna be raining in the end of May. BCB will play the Tests in April/May against NZ. Most of NZ players will be playing in IPL. So much to think about..

Ajfar
December 27, 2010, 12:34 AM
^ Well its at the end of July not the beginning. Plus we are not sure if those 2 tests will take place or not. chances are it will just end up being just those 5 ODI's. So i'm sure if we ask them we can schedule the tour in August. NZ wants to play the test series right after the IPL. IPL will most likely go on till the end of May. I remember reading somewhere Lalit Modi said 2011 IPL will be about 51 days long. So If they start the IPL in the 3rd week of April, IPL will take up all of May for sure. If you look at the FTP NZ has absolutely nothing going on after World Cup. Their next tour is schedule for November. That's why they are going out of their way to get some additional matches. So we can make that NZ tour in June/July and still keep up with FTP if we want to.

Murad
December 27, 2010, 12:46 AM
^^
Yes you are right. But I think weather is also a factor. We badly need Tests.

brockley
December 27, 2010, 02:14 AM
IPL goes to mid june.And bangla s according to the ceo the aussie tour is off,can't be any more plain than that.
No idea when nz tours bangladesh,when?

Rabz
December 27, 2010, 04:11 AM
2011 IPL will begin 5 days after the world cup final on the 2nd of April.
So, IPL starts from 7th April.
Hardly any time between.

brockley
December 27, 2010, 05:13 AM
The original ipl before 2 team cut,had ipl finishing in mid june.
I guess bangladesh will have to reschedule the oz series.

IanW
December 27, 2010, 05:52 AM
The core of the Australian team isnt playing IPL.

Looks like Tanim and Shakib will have a decision to make ...

Night_wolf
December 27, 2010, 08:20 AM

it'll be the right one..they'll play for BD

Ajfar
December 27, 2010, 08:28 AM
They can always join their team after the series is over.

shakibrulz
December 27, 2010, 10:54 AM

Won't be an issue at all, imo.

MohammedC
December 27, 2010, 11:57 AM
James sutheralnd the cricket australia ceo says australia don't play tests again till august srilanka,so maybe there is no bangladesh tour.
I guess 2012 new ftp comes in and australia only played 2 test series vs bangladesh.

From Sydney Morning Herald

As speculation continued to mount over Ponting's future as Test captain, Cricket Australia revealed it had a ''very high'' expectation the post-World Cup tour to Bangladesh would be limited to just four one-day matches.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/test-drought-looks-likely-for-australia-20101227-198o5.html

Habib
December 27, 2010, 12:02 PM
Dhur. We need more tests not more ODIs.

shakibrulz
December 27, 2010, 12:12 PM
From Sydney Morning Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/test-drought-looks-likely-for-australia-20101227-198o5.html
Screw this, they're not willing to play tests after being thrashed at home. On the other hand Kiwis :big_hug: Gotta love em really

al Furqaan
December 27, 2010, 12:26 PM

the author is actually lamenting that BD tests aren't gonna happen...what a change from the tone of the white media!

BCB should go for the test matches, or at least secure a reschedulement. we can't go on forfeiting every other test we're scheduled for.

and why 4 ODIs? are we giving AUS a shot at drawing the series or soemthing?

ammark
December 27, 2010, 01:55 PM
^^^ dude, the reporter aint white though.

Rabz
December 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
^^ Attention to details is excellent Ammar.

A Chinese guy writing about cricket telling how Australians should really visit Bangladesh !!

2012 aint that far,ey ?

Beamer
December 27, 2010, 02:58 PM
It would have been a great challenge to see who between these two scores more runs in that test series. Ponting or Rubel.

Ajfar
December 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
^ It will be Ponting only because Moni and Ashoka each will give him 2 chance.

reyme
December 27, 2010, 03:12 PM
BCB should go for the test matches, or at least secure a reschedulement. we can't go on forfeiting every other test we're scheduled for.

I agree. We must get the tests scheduled in the calendar ASAP. The more you wait, worse it gets. Test series with AUS, PAK got pushed and never happened.

I personally think scheduling the tough series during second part of the year would be good. Our players would be out of test for almost 10 months considering they will play the next one in May with Kiwis. We need some time to get used to test again, if we arrange something in July/August with Aussies somehow, we have a pretty good chance, considering the hot and humid weather and allowing some time for the national players in the NCL or other tests matches with NZ and ZIM before that...

Beamer
December 27, 2010, 03:12 PM
^ It will be Ponting only because Moni and Ashoka each will give him 2 chance.

Rubel will still edge him by three runs in the series. 56 > 53 ..:floor:

amar11432
December 27, 2010, 03:51 PM
4 ODI's Only, No Test

RICKY PONTING faces seven months of waiting to atone for another failed Ashes campaign following revelations that April's tour of Bangladesh is unlikely to include any Tests.

As speculation continued to mount over Ponting's future as Test captain, Cricket Australia revealed it has a ''very high'' expectation the post-World Cup tour to Bangladesh will be limited to just four ODIs.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/long-road-to-redemption-for-ponting-as-april-trip-to-bangladesh-looks-likely-to-be-limited-to-onedayers-20101227-198kv.html

IanW
December 27, 2010, 04:19 PM
Is there a ground, anywhere, of vaguely first class quality in Bangladesh that isnt used during the World Cup ?

Haru-party
December 27, 2010, 05:10 PM
Rubel will still edge him by three runs in the series. 56 > 53 ..:floor:

you are hoping for too much from punter......dont put more pressure on the poor guy's shoulder......i'll be happy with 33

kalpurush
December 27, 2010, 05:18 PM
3 Test and 7 ODI was in my asking list...to test Mr. Pontings' temper...

kalpurush
December 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
Is there a ground, anywhere, of vaguely first class quality in Bangladesh that isnt used during the World Cup ?

Yes, here is one of them...
Shaheed Chandu Stadium (http://banglacricket.com/rss/content/story/feeds/56670.rss)

Bogra, Bangladesh

<LABEL>Also or formerly known as </LABEL>Bogra District Stadium
<LABEL>Home team </LABEL>Bangladesh
<LABEL>Current local time </LABEL>04:17, Tue Dec 28, 2010 (UTC +0600)

http://banglacricket.com/inline/content/image/240349.html?alt=1 <!--http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/ci_img_gnd_lords.jpg-->

Profile (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/#Profile) | Latest Articles (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/#Articles) | Latest Photos (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/#Photos)

Records and statistics

<TABLE style="PADDING-TOP: 5px" width=620><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 15%" vAlign=top><LABEL>Only Test</LABEL></TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%">Bangladesh v Sri Lanka - Mar 8-11, 2006</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35%" vAlign=top>Scorecard (http://banglacricket.com/bangladesh/engine/match/238168.html)</TD></TR><TR class=islast1><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" colSpan=3>Statsguru Tests (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/ground/56670.html?class=1;type=aggregate) | <LABEL>Records:</LABEL> Match results (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/team/match_results.html?class=1;id=1925;type=ground) | Highest totals (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/team/highest_innings_totals.html?class=1;id=1925;type=g round) | Most runs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=1;id=1925;type=ground) | Most wickets (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?class=1;id=1925;type=grou nd)</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 15%" class=islast0 vAlign=top><LABEL>First ODI</LABEL></TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%" class=islast0>Bangladesh v Sri Lanka - Feb 20, 2006</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35%" class=islast0 vAlign=top>Scorecard (http://banglacricket.com/bangladesh/engine/match/237574.html)</TD></TR><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 15%" vAlign=top><LABEL>Last ODI</LABEL></TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%">Bangladesh v Zimbabwe - Dec 5, 2006</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 35%" vAlign=top>Scorecard (http://banglacricket.com/bangladesh/engine/match/264069.html)</TD></TR><TR class=islast1><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" colSpan=3>Statsguru ODIs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/ground/56670.html?class=2;type=aggregate) | <LABEL>Records:</LABEL> Match results (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/team/match_results.html?class=2;id=1925;type=ground) | Highest totals (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/team/highest_innings_totals.html?class=2;id=1925;type=g round) | Most runs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?class=2;id=1925;type=ground) | Most wickets (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?class=2;id=1925;type=grou nd)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
All records » (http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/index.html?id=1925;type=ground)

The Bogra District Stadium in Rajshahi was one of the five purpose-built cricket grounds established in the run-up to the 2004 Under-19 World Cup. It was finally granted full international status in January 2006, ahead of Sri Lanka's visit to the country. Bogra serves as the nerve-centre of northern Bangladesh and the promise of international cricket is a significant step in its development as a city of note. The recent construction of a four-star hotel brings the city into line with ICC lodging requirements.
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/IMG_gallery_top.gifTop (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/#Top)

IanW
December 27, 2010, 07:16 PM
Right. Who controls the ground ? Is it the local council ? The Bangladesh Board ? Has first class cricket been played on it recently ?

Im serious about this.

Oh yeah, and can I get details on the hotel, including room rates (all inclusive, and please put it in US dollars). Also, transport links to Bogra.

al Furqaan
December 27, 2010, 07:32 PM
^^^ dude, the reporter aint white though.

i noticed that the article was written by an asian...but its no different than me (the son of immigrants) writing in the Tennessean about USA basketball...my take would be no different than the standard "white" american's.

this fellow is no doubt an asian-australian, because had be come fresh off the boat he wouldn't have given two chopsticks about cricket.

riankhan
December 27, 2010, 08:15 PM
Right. Who controls the ground ? Is it the local council ? The Bangladesh Board ? Has first class cricket been played on it recently ?

Im serious about this.

Oh yeah, and can I get details on the hotel, including room rates (all inclusive, and please put it in US dollars). Also, transport links to Bogra.

BCB controls the ground. Beside the ODIs, recent Dhaka Premiere League matches are being played at that ground, so probably its in good shape.
It will take 5 hours from Dhaka (airport) to Bogra by road.
You will find details about the accommodation at: http://www.hotelnazgarden.com/home.php

May I know why? (just curious)

IanW
December 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
Because the ACB and BCB might need some help ;)

riankhan
December 27, 2010, 10:19 PM

We won't mind getting an update on the 'help' :)
Good luck!

rinathq
December 27, 2010, 10:20 PM
Wow ...... I wonder what it's about!

brockley
December 28, 2010, 03:05 AM
Well at least there is a series even if no tests,i expect australia to rest 3/4 players.

Haru-party
December 28, 2010, 05:42 AM
^^ Attention to details is excellent Ammar.

A Chinese guy writing about cricket telling how Australians should really visit Bangladesh !!

2012 aint that far,ey ?

I dont wanna die :( :( :(

BANFAN
December 28, 2010, 10:14 AM
3 Test and 7 ODI was in my asking list...to test Mr. Pontings' temper...

BD will not get a 3 test series untill we are able to tie or win 2 test series, on a regular basis

al Furqaan
December 28, 2010, 12:56 PM

Im serious about this.

whoa Ian...there is no match scheduled for Bogra as far as we know.

but it is a nice ground.

ammark
December 28, 2010, 01:28 PM

Perhaps also consider BKSP ground (owning instt. is BKSP) and Fatullah Cricket ground where Aus v Ban 1st Test 2006 took place. Fatullah is managed by National Sports Council, from what I've been told.

In both these cases, they're near Dhaka city, so there are some international hotels here (Westin, Radisson, Pan Pacific, Sheraton)