PDA

View Full Version : how should the BCB enforce its schedule?

al Furqaan
November 17, 2010, 11:22 AM
I'm quite disappointed with the rumor/news that Australia will likely reschedule or cancel their tour next spring.

We don't play the top 4 teams that often, and while thats understandable, home series against them should not be thrown away for many reasons.

What should the BCB do? Should we invite Zimbabwe to fill the space everytime someone bails out of their commitments? Should we attempt to get one of NZ/WI/PAK/SL to sub in for a missing Big 4 team as at least one of them should be free at any given time?

Honestly, I think the BCB should really think about what they are gonna do. Ideally, demanding an actual timetable for a re-scheduled series from Big 4 teams is what we should do, but i doubt the BCB has the foresight or the balls to pull that off.

AsifTheManRahman
November 17, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm ashamed to ever have said that about Shahadat Hossain, the 65 mph bouncer dude.

roman
November 17, 2010, 01:28 PM
i think they are not coming to BD due to IPL conflict. And I am sure that time will be difficult for any team to visit BD

Raynman
November 17, 2010, 02:03 PM
nothing BCB can do.

This all depends on ICC and the powerful board's vision on the future and growth of cricket.

The international calendar should be reduced to be limited to championship tournaments. Pointless bi-lateral series' have no place in the modern age anymore.

T20 leagues are a necessity to provide more players with earning options (to make cricket as a profession worthwhile. Keep in mind that a professional athlete has a limited number of years in which to make his income) and un necessary bi lateral series' usually deprive the better national players from the domestic tournaments.

brockley
November 18, 2010, 06:20 AM
Play more A sides,play associates in 4 dayers to fill in the gaps.
Cannot be helped if the big 4 and others cancel,need to get practice.
Australia A will play zimbabwe twice in 12 months,even tho the no 1 sides won't,compromise.

al Furqaan
November 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm ashamed to ever have said that about Shahadat Hossain, the 65 mph bouncer dude.

Pont reckons he can teach him some pace...no reason to not think so since he had pace before Ramanyake effed everything up. When he's on song, he's the most penetrative pacer we've ever had.

Test five wicket hauls: Rajib 4, all other pacers 2

shuziburo
November 18, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm quite disappointed with the rumor/news that Australia will likely reschedule or cancel their tour next spring.

We don't play the top 4 teams that often, and while thats understandable, home series against them should not be thrown away for many reasons.

What should the BCB do? Should we invite Zimbabwe to fill the space everytime someone bails out of their commitments? Should we attempt to get one of NZ/WI/PAK/SL to sub in for a missing Big 4 team as at least one of them should be free at any given time?

Honestly, I think the BCB should really think about what they are gonna do. Ideally, demanding an actual timetable for a re-scheduled series from Big 4 teams is what we should do, but i doubt the BCB has the foresight or the balls to pull that off.

Loitta has the balls, but I don't think he will use them here. Unless ICC either makes realistic schedules or enforces their schedules, there is little BD can do. The best we can now do is to beat every team up. Then, they will flock to tour BD. May be.