PDA

View Full Version : Who is the biggest sissy in Bangladesh cricket team?

Zeeshan
November 17, 2010, 11:54 AM
Please state your reasons.

Edit: How do I edit to attach polls? My internet is slower than the one in Bangladesh. It didn't work.

Shubho
November 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
kdpp???

rashed411
November 17, 2010, 12:01 PM
lame thread from Zeeshan lol..

Rabz
November 17, 2010, 12:08 PM
Big Z.
Waste of height.

simon
November 17, 2010, 12:12 PM
is this a new reality show in BD inspired by "Big Brother"?

Zeeshan
November 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
kdpp???

Now...now....let's not get all berserk with the mouthful of 1 word answers.

lame thread from Zeeshan lol..

Yeah I am gonna take it seriously from someone who has 411 in his name who constantly needs to remind himself what the information number is incase he gets lost from mommy in the theme park.

Big Z.
Waste of height.

Finally a serious answer to a serious thread. We cannot afford to have bunch of sissies in the team. These deserve their own Darwin awards.

is this a new reality show in BD inspired by "Big Brother"?

Eid Mubarak to you too.

Haru-party
November 17, 2010, 12:32 PM
JS
Say no more

Rizvi
November 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
Garbage thread.

beshideshi
November 17, 2010, 05:59 PM
I think the biggest sissy is Imrul Kayes, followed by Rockibul Hassan
BUT, this thread is incomplete without a gigantic post by ATMR

Zeeshan
November 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
Garbage thread.

No the thread is ok. It's members like you who are the posting that is whackifying the thread. Oh yeah I forgot....you'd much rather start a discussion about the "The return of the BC heroes..."

@beshideshi Yeah I agree; we need ATMR to post.

On topic: It has to be Roqibul (i know every thread seems to drag him into discussion)... closely followed by cry baby Mashrafe, Aftab (how the hell do you manage to get your head bashed...and you call yourself a bandanna wearing gangster???)...Ash too.

Bond
November 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
Imrul Kayes and Mashrafee Mortaza

Naimul_Hd
November 17, 2010, 06:58 PM
IMO, The award for "the biggest sissy" in Bangladesh cricket team goes to both "Raqibul" & "Mahmudullah" !!!

Congratulations both of you from my part !!!!

shakibrulz
November 17, 2010, 10:49 PM
Mahmudullah, who can play the big shots, but refrain from playing them. He's one of the reasons why BD sucks so bad during death overs.

Night_wolf
November 17, 2010, 10:58 PM
Rokibul hassan
reason:do i have 2 ans that?..take his retiring for example

Murad
November 17, 2010, 11:07 PM
None!

Ajfar
November 17, 2010, 11:10 PM
Define Sissy?

yaseer
November 17, 2010, 11:11 PM
Depends, If you play players like Nayeem and Mahmudullah in 7 or 8, then they are the biggest sissy. But I think given the opportunity up the order, Mahmudullah may not be the biggest one. But a big doubt on Nayeem wherever he bats. Also JS with his current form in ODI, must make the list.

Zeeshan
November 17, 2010, 11:24 PM
Define Sissy?

<table id="entries"><tbody><tr><td class="index">1. (http://sissy.urbanup.com/27753) </td> <td class="word"> sissy </td> <td id="tools_27753" class="tools">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td id="entry_27753" colspan="2" class="text"> wimp, weak cant fight or is scared to do somthing bad
You are a little sissy *** bitch.Ill kick ur ***.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="index"> 2. (http://sissy.urbanup.com/929189) </td> <td class="word"> sissy </td> <td id="tools_929189" class="tools">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td id="entry_929189" colspan="2" class="text"> a boy or man who enjoys little girls clothing. Especially babyish clothing. Lots of frills. Not always straight or gay. Likes to be treated like a babygirl. Likes tea partys and playing with dollys.
Boys who likes to dress in babydoll clothes. Wears diapers and sucks on a pacifier. Like a baby crossdresser

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sissy#)
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="index"> 3. (http://sissy.urbanup.com/237348) </td> <td class="word"> sissy </td> <td id="tools_237348" class="tools">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td id="entry_237348" colspan="2" class="text"> straight girly guy
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Source: Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sissy)

layperson
November 18, 2010, 12:10 AM
silly thread!!! borderline garbage

Bancan
November 18, 2010, 12:12 AM

Very Constructive.Will Read AGAIN. AAA++++++

Zeeshan
November 18, 2010, 01:09 AM

Fair enough. Since this is the second time you are jumping on my testudos how about a pink slip thread battle?

I bet this thread will have more responses than the next thread you open within a week (obviously barring the fact one's own post don't count).

Whoever loses ie less number of responses is never to be seen in this site. If you agree to the bet sign here.

auntu
November 18, 2010, 01:32 AM
Rakibul - top over rated.

bdtiger
November 18, 2010, 02:20 AM
1. sissy

wimp, weak cant fight or is scared to do somthing bad
You are a little sissy *** bitch.Ill kick ur ***.

2. sissy

a boy or man who enjoys little girls clothing. Especially babyish clothing. Lots of frills. Not always straight or gay. Likes to be treated like a babygirl. Likes tea partys and playing with dollys.
Boys who likes to dress in babydoll clothes. Wears diapers and sucks on a pacifier. Like a baby crossdresser

3. sissy

straight girly guy

The fool no doubt! All 3 match him!

mac
November 18, 2010, 02:27 AM
Drama queen!

Jadukor
November 18, 2010, 04:38 AM
Mahmudullah, who can play the big shots, but refrain from playing them. He's one of the reasons why BD sucks so bad during death overs.

exactly what i wanted to say....

Rabz
November 18, 2010, 07:20 AM
Click on the link below to see who are NOT sissies in the team, i mean when it comes to whacking the opposition's back.

My criteria was winnings of 75+ with the best SR.
Guess who tops the list ??
None other than our beloved Ash.
His 94 of 52 with an SR of 180 still reigns supreme.

Amongst the top 15,
Ash and Sakib features 4 times.
Tamim 3 times.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting _strike_rate;runsmax1=400;runsmin1=75;runsval1=run s;team=25;template=results;type=batting;view=innin gs

shakibrulz
November 18, 2010, 07:38 AM
Click on the link below to see who are NOT sissies in the team, i mean when it comes to whacking the opposition's back.

Amongst the top 15,
Tamim 3 times.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting _strike_rate;runsmax1=400;runsmin1=75;runsval1=run s;team=25;template=results;type=batting;view=innin gs

Ashraful was a sensation when he came into the scene - was hailed as the next big thing, etc. That's why he's getting a lot of stick for his pathetic performances.

Ashraful when on form is a match winner, but his consistency is Afridiesque.

Anyways I won't call Ashraful a sissy. :-p

riankhan
November 18, 2010, 07:39 AM
"Cricket Khela Khub Koster" -- Aftab

rashed411
November 18, 2010, 07:41 AM

thats being lazy not sissy. Sissy is Mahmudullah.

simon
November 18, 2010, 07:48 AM

Amongst the top 15,
Tamim 3 times.

Raquibul :lol:

shakibrulz
November 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
Alok kapali is a sissy too.

roman
November 18, 2010, 09:10 AM
Rokibul is not even good enough to be a sissy... Why you guys calling Mash a sissy? Dont you guys remember his legendary statement " India ke dhore debani" during the last WC match against India??? He is a tiger and a fighter but its true that injury had taken a lot out of him :(

Naimul_Hd
November 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
Rokibul is not even good enough to be a sissy... Why you guys calling Mash a sissy? Dont you guys remember his legendary statement " India ke dhore debani" during the last WC match against India??? He is a tiger and a fighter but its true that injury had taken a lot out of him :(

not "you guys" bro !!! only one person has said so and the reason is unknown !! /:)

simon
November 18, 2010, 09:24 AM
^^^maybe beacause Mash has the tendancy to do Kanakani or gheshagheshi,like gossip girls.;)
Still I don't agree.Mash is a Tiger.

on topic:
I think Tamim Iqbal is the biggest sissy.

beshideshi
November 18, 2010, 09:27 AM
Mash is the antonym of sissy. If any person has the determination and ability to play international cricket after 3[or 4?] knee reconstruction, he is anything but a sissy. He is a real fighter, who never holds anything back.
He may be an emotional fool, but not a sissy.
[Sissy is someone who is scared to take a short ball on their shoulder in my opinion]

roman
November 18, 2010, 09:35 AM
^^^maybe beacause Mash has the tendancy to do Kanakani or gheshagheshi,like gossip girls.;)

on topic:

:o Now you got me snooping...Why is that bro???

Night_wolf
November 18, 2010, 10:01 AM

on topic:

hahahaha...lmao!

Beamer
November 18, 2010, 11:53 AM
Who is the biggest sissy?? hmm..I don't know, but you find me one player who doesn't go out to the crease with protective armor as decorative as the movie "Gladiator", and he is your anti-sissy ! Now, lets see who among us goes out to the crease against the likes of Steyn minus arm guard and chest shield ?

riankhan
November 18, 2010, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by riankhan

thats being lazy not sissy. Sissy is Mahmudullah.

Source:
Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sissy)

sissy:
wimp, weak cant fight or.....

:smug:

BanCricFan
November 18, 2010, 12:31 PM
Mullah, Naeem and Mash the batsman or should i say leg-square-man

and

Alok Kapali

cricket_king
November 18, 2010, 12:47 PM
Rakibul Hasan. 'Nuff said.

cricket_king
November 18, 2010, 12:54 PM
on topic:

Unless that's sarcastic, I think you're nuts.

Ashfaq
November 18, 2010, 01:51 PM
I've had it with you people. You think the boys in the team are sissies? Take a look at yourself. Those eleven boys are the best in a nation of 160 million at what they do. For the courage to stick to cricket instead of following a more conventional career alone, they are anything but sissies. What's more, they regularly fight teams bigger and better then them. Those of you calling the boys sissies, what have you achieved in your life which wasn't given to you in a golden platter?

Murad
November 18, 2010, 03:04 PM
I've had it with you people. You think the boys in the team are sissies? Take a look at yourself. Those eleven boys are the best in a nation of 160 million at what they do. For the courage to stick to cricket instead of following a more conventional career alone, they are anything but sissies. What's more, they regularly fight teams bigger and better then them. Those of you calling the boys sissies, what have you achieved in your life which wasn't given to you in a golden platter?

Finally a sensible post in this thread. Thanks Ashfaq bhai.

Bond
November 18, 2010, 03:32 PM

Here we are discussing about cricket not our career, every team have sissies, India for example Ravindra Jadeja, don't get all sentimental. We have the right to criticize, we are their fans, whatever they are in their life it's because of our loyal support, in numerous failures we sticked to these boys, showing our faith in them, apart from Tamim and Shakib I don't see anyone who have performed consistently.

Our boys are decent International players but we do have sissies in our team. I would have agreed with your post if we performed like Australia from last decade. Biggest sissies atm includes Mahmudullah and Nayeem, can't take advantage of power plays. There is a reason they decided to chose cricket as a career, just like how we decided to chose our own path. If we don't do our job well, we expect a battering from our boss, just like the sissies deserve their own thread.

I salute Zeeshan for creating this thread. :flag:

Shaan
November 18, 2010, 03:42 PM
Here we are discussing about cricket not our career, every team have sissies, India for example Ravindra Jadeja, don't get all sentimental. We have the right to criticize, we are their fans, whatever they are in their life it's because of our loyal support, in numerous failures we sticked to these boys, showing our faith in them, apart from Tamim and Shakib I don't see anyone who have performed consistently.

Our boys are decent International players but we do have sissies in our team. I would have agreed with your post if we performed like Australia from last decade. Biggest sissies atm includes Mahmudullah and Nayeem, can't take advantage of power plays. There is a reason they decided to chose cricket as a career, just like how we decided to chose our own path. If we don't do our job well, we expect a battering from our boss, just like the sissies deserve their own thread.

I salute Zeeshan for creating this thread. :flag:

completely agree with you !!

shuziburo
November 18, 2010, 04:22 PM
I think the biggest sissy is Imrul Kayes, followed by Rockibul Hassan
BUT, this thread is incomplete without a gigantic post by ATMR

It has to be Rock. I would never forget his "retirement" incident. What a sissy!!!

shuziburo
November 18, 2010, 04:32 PM
Ashraful was a sensation when he came into the scene - was hailed as the next big thing, etc. That's why he's getting a lot of stick for his pathetic performances.

Ashraful when on form is a match winner, but his consistency is Afridiesque.

Anyways I won't call Ashraful a sissy. :-p

Shahid Afridi averages 36.51 (SR: 86.97) in tests and 23.81 (SR: 113.30) in ODIs.

Ashraful averages 22.38 (SR: 46.51) in tests and 23.45 (SR: 70.81) in ODIs.

Afridi is more of a match winner, IMHO.

shuziburo
November 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
Who is the biggest sissy?? hmm..I don't know, but you find me one player who doesn't go out to the crease with protective armor as decorative as the movie "Gladiator", and he is your anti-sissy ! Now, lets see who among us goes out to the crease against the likes of Steyn minus arm guard and chest shield ?

I give you Sunil Manohar Gavaskar. The all-time best opening batsman.

roman
November 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
It has to be Rock. I would never forget his "retirement" incident. What a sissy!!!

Rok ke sissy bolle real sissy ra lojja pabe vai

LateCut
November 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
I think it is unquestionably our "strike" (or perpetually stricken) bowler Mushrafi.

Ajfar
November 18, 2010, 07:38 PM
How is Mashrafee a sissy? you have got to be kidding me right? Dude the guy is playing with surgeries after surgeries in his right and left knee and you call him a sissy?

22Yards
November 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
ICC sissy award for 2010 goes to Rockibul hasan

Zunaid
November 18, 2010, 08:05 PM
Mash ran away to be with Uncle Dav over at KKR after he was dropped - no, not quite the obhimani sissy retirement of Raquibul.

layperson
November 18, 2010, 08:17 PM
Fair enough. Since this is the second time you are jumping on my testudos how about a pink slip thread battle?

I bet this thread will have more responses than the next thread you open within a week (obviously barring the fact one's own post don't count).

Whoever loses ie less number of responses is never to be seen in this site. If you agree to the bet sign here.

There is no need for me to open a thread. If you are looking at a popularity contest which would be what the thread dare is, then there is no contest and it does not take a rocket scientist to guess who the winner would be.

But if you are asking me to not come to BC again then thats a different story. My response was a one liner which was nicely elaborated by Ashfaq/siraji.

I stilll maintain this thread and the people calling players sissies are dishing out garbage.

Nocturnal
November 18, 2010, 09:59 PM
ICL'ers who werer in the national team at that point but got scared and left National Team for some indian 3rd grade league!

shakibrulz
November 18, 2010, 10:37 PM
Shahid Afridi averages 36.51 (SR: 86.97) in tests and 23.81 (SR: 113.30) in ODIs.

Ashraful averages 22.38 (SR: 46.51) in tests and 23.45 (SR: 70.81) in ODIs.

Afridi is more of a match winner, IMHO.

Of course when sloggers go crazy, and luck is on their side, they score big :-p

Afridi has played only a handful of tests on flat decks.

Ashraful is more talented than Afridi, but his brainfarts are really annoying. Afridi on his day may be a matchwinner, but that day comes once in a blue moon :-p

Tiger444
November 18, 2010, 11:57 PM

Ashraful is more talented than Afridi, but his brainfarts are really annoying. Afridi on his day may be a matchwinner, but that day comes once in a blue moon :-p

At least Afridi knows his game more and just goes for it whereas Ash doesn't know how to play according to situation and a lot of times goes really slowly. Both of their averages in ODIs are the same but Afridi has a 100+ SR and Ash a 70 SR. They both have the same amount of brainfarts when they go out there to bat. At least Afridi you can be confident he'll get you quick runs but with Ash just never know what to expect. Afridi though is a much better bowler then Ash so Afridi>Ash..

Night_wolf
November 19, 2010, 12:14 AM

hey hey i see a indo pak attack here:-p

shakibrulz
November 19, 2010, 12:36 AM
At least Afridi knows his game more and just goes for it whereas Ash doesn't know how to play according to situation and a lot of times goes really slowly. Both of their averages in ODIs are the same but Afridi has a 100+ SR and Ash a 70 SR. They both have the same amount of brainfarts when they go out there to bat. At least Afridi you can be confident he'll get you quick runs but with Ash just never know what to expect. Afridi though is a much better bowler then Ash so Afridi>Ash..

Ash tries to settle in but fails, he's lost his great hand eye co-ordination it seems. Afridi just goes there and slogs from ball one. I'd rather have Mashrafe as a batsman than Afridi, thanks. Atleast MAshrafe will try and play according to the situation unlike the brainless slogger.

shakibrulz
November 19, 2010, 12:37 AM
hey hey i see a indo pak attack here:-p
:smug:

beshideshi
November 19, 2010, 12:58 AM
Ash tries to settle in but fails, he's lost his great hand eye co-ordination it seems. Afridi just goes there and slogs from ball one. I'd rather have Mashrafe as a batsman than Afridi, thanks. Atleast MAshrafe will try and play according to the situation unlike the brainless slogger.

Glad to see someone talking sense. After spending 14 years in international cricket, and captaining the team, if you still play like a reckless teenager/slogger, it's just disappointing.
If someone said your life depended on someone's batting and you could pick anyone, i dont think anyone in the world in their right state of mind would pick Afridi.

Rabz
November 19, 2010, 03:56 AM
I see how all these conversations are slowly turning into Ash bashing.
We never seize to amuse ourselves.

Naimul_Hd
November 19, 2010, 04:05 AM
^ লবন ছাড়া যেমন খাবার মজা হয় না, ঠিক তেমনি অ্যাশ ছাড়া সুতা পাকে না !!!! ;)

Antora
November 19, 2010, 05:26 AM
Sissy?
Well thats easy! Its Rock and Mahmudullah

I believe majority of the population know the reason:P

simon
November 19, 2010, 06:09 AM

ya CK u got it right,ektu moja korlam,:-D
just to see how u guys react.

jisaan
November 19, 2010, 07:55 AM

on topic:
I think Tamim Iqbal is the biggest sissy.L-)L-)L-)

s/he wanted to get few ppl quoting him (her).
u see, it's not a bad trick either!! i've also quoted this 'absolute rubbish' comical comment.

Catskills
November 19, 2010, 04:58 PM
I say Ashraful.
He should have played his natural game to stay on, no matter what the coach said. Like Tamim, he does not care what the coach says- he always plays his natural game, making him the most prolific player in BD team.

lamisa
November 20, 2010, 10:21 AM
biggest sissy,aftab!

_Rafi_
November 20, 2010, 10:41 AM
Ashraful once said he is not performing because of live telecast putting too much pressure on him. That must be a sissy attitude by him. But Sir Ash proved his bravery by slapping Jamal. But again girls like slapping.

Tiger444
November 20, 2010, 10:58 AM
Ashraful once said he is not performing because of live telecast putting too much pressure on him. That must be a sissy attitude by him. But Sir Ash proved his bravery by slapping Jamal. But again girls like slapping.

Ash just can't take the pressure of being an international cricketer.its the sad truth for such a great talent. I don't wanna call that a sissy attitude though. He's just not very confident man once he goes on the crease. When I think of a sissy I think of players scared of hard work ala aftab and alok. These players in the squad currently are all hard working players so I say none are sissies.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Tigers_eye
November 20, 2010, 11:57 AM
Sissy and calculating!! Mahbub Anam. Biggest sissy of all. How many admin he has survived?

ahms
November 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
Garbage thread.

I agree. It is a sissy thread.

bujhee kom
November 20, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hahahahahaha, arrey bhais...Sissy is my wife's daaknaam!!

Dilscoop
November 20, 2010, 10:17 PM
Ashraful
Roqibul

Riyad is almost there. He is in tampon-zone.

Night_wolf
November 20, 2010, 11:22 PM
Hahahahahaha, arrey bhais...Sissy is my wife's daaknaam!!

hahahah bk vai!!..i hope ur wife doesn't find out this post!!

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 04:58 AM
Mash

Why?
Answer is in Sissy Hatao thread.

Ajfar
November 21, 2010, 08:36 AM
oh ya sure Riyad is a SISSY now but didnt we have a thread about him a while back who praising how he had the balls to shut up B. Taylor behind the stumps.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
November 21, 2010, 08:49 AM

he actually said that??!!??!!he didn't know that before he decided to play for the national team?

Dilscoop
November 21, 2010, 02:25 PM
oh ya sure Riyad is a SISSY now but didnt we have a thread about him a while back who praising how he had the balls to shut up B. Taylor behind the stumps.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

What? Lol, I don't think I was here back then. But saying shut up to someone isn't manly.

I wasn't talking about their "big shot mouth" manlyness. I was talking about their ability to play cricket - manlyness.

I should add Mash to that list.

ononto
November 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
Who is the biggest sissy in Bangladesh cricket team?
None.
What is the biggest sissy thread in Banglacricket?
This one.

M.H.Rubel
November 22, 2010, 12:42 AM
Who is the biggest sissy in Bangladesh cricket team?
None.
What is the biggest sissy thread in Banglacricket?
This one.

Well said.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

godzilla
November 22, 2010, 05:15 AM
Ehh, why is there so many sissy brand thread going around in BC? And Tbh I did not expect a poor thread like this from Zee ... anyways

Dilscoop
November 22, 2010, 03:17 PM
^ There should be one thread only, under ATMR's name. And he will hand out certificate to each sissy graduates, with Master's Deg.

Mash is leading the class of 10, with an A in No-Balls 403, and -A in Chicken $*%#

Haru-party
November 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
^ There should be one thread only, under ATMR's name. And he will hand out certificate to each sissy graduates, with Master's Deg.

Mash is leading the class of 10, with an A in No-Balls 403, and -A in Chicken $*%#

and this is the most stinky post of this forum by far encouraging some bunch of idiots........anyway we all know empty vessels sound much

Jadukor
November 23, 2010, 03:45 AM
I think there are plenty of threads around for people who don't like this particular one...
if you don't post...the thread becomes cold...and goes under... so by keep coming in and saying this thread sucks..blah blah..u r actually keeping it busy...

Mehrab Hossain Jr...was another sissy kinda player... with Roquibulesque strike rates... he always killed the momentum created by his attacking partner....

Sohel
November 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Some people are born sissies while others are made into wimps through a careful process of sissification by a too-well paid, cynical negativist who never had the winner's mentality to break into the real squad himself, AND all those trying to impress him by playing like sissies whenever they hold a bat during PP in all levels of the game. I suppose one needs to find something of his inner sissy to be sissified in the first place, but all this is getting away from the thread topic of this EXCELLENT thread MashAllah.

ROK is neither a sissy nor has he been sissified as far as his guarantedious, alleged batting is concerned. He is devoid of basic talent and simply doesn't sight the ball early or well enough to know where he wants to hit it before it hits his bat. He blocks half volleys and full tosses like Rajin because that's all he can do with those. Whenever he premeditates that fugly agrosweep of his to get out of the inevitable trouble of his own making, he gives it up like a crack **.

That said, he is a drama queen of the highest order and needs to be bitchslapped into manhood if it were possible for the exceptionally tasty khashi from his neighboring Meherpur to reproduce. The infinitely more talented Alok is another of these moody, g'yaraimma emotional wrecks who should be discarded permanently from our collective psyche.

Imroze, Riyad and Nayeem were NOT born sissies but forged into the Wimpville trio they are today. The question of "nature versus nurture" is a mere technicality really, because it's the same old shite at the end of the day.

Jadukor
November 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
^^...that was an excellent overview of "sissysism"...

bdtiger
November 26, 2010, 06:40 PM
I've never thought of Ashraful as a sissy, but more of a loser who doesn't function too well mentally (not mentally challenged, he understands the game well but just has no mental-physical coordination). Up to this day, I considered him a loser, but now he's put the label on himself - he is a sissy.

Well analysed.

Tehsin
November 26, 2010, 07:50 PM
I see that a lack of cricket has really gotten our creative juices flowing. Speaking of juices, Ash, Rok, Riyad, Naeem, Alok and a couple of others should definitely put a stop to the estrogen regimen they are in.

AsifTheManRahman
November 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Some people are born sissies while others are made into wimps through a careful process of sissification by a too-well paid, cynical negativist who never had the winner's mentality to break into the real squad himself, AND all those trying to impress him by playing like sissies whenever they hold a bat during PP in all levels of the game. I suppose one needs to find something of his inner sissy to be sissified in the first place, but all this is getting away from the thread topic of this EXCELLENT thread MashAllah.

ROK is neither a sissy nor has he been sissified as far as his guarantedious, alleged batting is concerned. He is devoid of basic talent and simply doesn't sight the ball early or well enough to know where he wants to hit it before it hits his bat. He blocks half volleys and full tosses like Rajin because that's all he can do with those. Whenever he premeditates that fugly agrosweep of his to get out of the inevitable trouble of his own making, he gives it up like a crack **.

That said, he is a drama queen of the highest order and needs to be bitchslapped into manhood if it were possible for the exceptionally tasty khashi from his neighboring Meherpur to reproduce. The infinitely more talented Alok is another of these moody, g'yaraimma emotional wrecks who should be discarded permanently from our collective psyche.

Imroze, Riyad and Nayeem were NOT born sissies but forged into the Wimpville trio they are today. The question of "nature versus nurture" is a mere technicality really, because it's the same old shite at the end of the day.

You make some valid points. A lot of people are arbitrarily throwing around adjectives here but this is probably one of the very few posts in this thread where someone has tried to make an argument for his choices.

IMO there's quite a bit that leads to someone being labeled a sissy, or at least there should be. One has to look for patterns of meek behavior over extended periods of time. Furthermore, it's important to distinguish between meek behavior in a social/private setting outside the subject's world of expertise - in this case cricket - and inside it. As a fan, it is my belief that what one does off the cricket pitch or when (s)he isn't talking about cricket is none of my business.

To prove a point about quietness and lack of venom in the vocabulary not implying sissiness, take SRT, the man who no one messes with; and I mean no one, except maybe for Glen McGrath, who by the way has earned immortality through greatness on the pitch. With every foot laid on the way up to the pitch, with every instance of taking guard, with every shot, every run scored, Sachin is a figure of authority, a whip-master who lets his whip do the whipping. You're probably one of the biggest mental cases out there in the Universe if you dare sledge him, unless of course you're Glen McGrath.

On that note, let's move on to the other aspect of sissiness - that of loserish behavior. Axiom: Sissiness implies loserdom, but loserdom does not imply sissiness.

To prove this, let's move on to the man Sachin resorts to in times of Hilsa shortages. Mohammad Ashraful, in all his seemingly sissy-esque grandeur, has always stood out to me as a loser and not a sissy. His recent comments about feeling down when we needed 19 off the last 2 overs to win gold notwithstanding, he does possess two traits, lacking which would brand him as a sissy: hard work and determination. The fact that the disconnect between his understanding of the game and his execution is larger than the gap between Akram Khan's bat and pad (or his waist line, not sure which is wider) indicates loserish behavior and not sissiness.

Going back to searching for patterns of meek behavior, let's walk down the memory lane and give ourselves a refresher. Over the last half year or so, which players have remained content with losing? Who took off crying when dropped due to fitness and performance issues? Who loathes gym-work? Who swallowed bitter words from a hairless teenager wearing polka dotted underwear on the cricket pitch? The answers will tell you why I've been unhappy with some of our players in recent times, even if I think they could become assets to our team given they're *whipped* right.

There really is no place for sissiness in international cricket. There wasn't even back in the days when cricket was a much slower sport. Look at the Aussies, Indians and South Africans - they win because they have the right attitude. Well most of them, because once in a while you still have accidents of nature hopping down the pitch shaking their unattractive booties, throwing their limbs around and shrieking like creatures that usually inhabit trees out in the wild.

AsifTheManRahman
November 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
Going back to the original question in the OP, Aftab Ahmed and Raqibul Snr are my picks.

Sohel
December 1, 2010, 01:21 AM
Agree 100% with the content and spirit of Asif's poignant post. It is indeed important to differentiate amongst the sissy, the loser and the plain old stupid. As the AAA go, while Motin is plain old stupid and Alok is undoubtedly a loser, Aftab is actually all three and deserves a unique epithet of his own.

Dilscoop
December 1, 2010, 02:39 AM
Anamul Haq Moni Ashoka the Second. The biggest sissy of the sissies of all time.

He can't say ''not out''. If you appeal long enough, he will give in.

/Closed

Dilscoop
December 1, 2010, 02:41 AM
oh wow. nvm Siddique just claimed his spot again. He is scared of some lanky kid named Mpufu!

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2010, 05:26 AM
Expletives coming up later in the morning. These suckers aren't worth it at this ungodly hour.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

aklemalp
December 1, 2010, 11:17 AM
the biggest sissy,that's a easy one,everyone except iceman