PDA

View Full Version : I'm fan of MAFIZUR RAHMAN '' MUNNA ''..

RRQ68
November 19, 2010, 07:19 PM
Can you help me about Mafizur Rahman ..i'm fan of Munna ..someone can give me some web sight or vid or pics about him ? i m big fan about him ..i dont know where is he or what he does now..i m living in canada and i heart that ,he is living here too..really? i want to play with:wave: him just for one time ..EID MUBARAK :)

Dilscoop
November 19, 2010, 07:26 PM
I heart the peoples Kanada speaking Englesh?

AsifTheManRahman
November 19, 2010, 07:41 PM
As far as I know, he plays in Toronto. Mahir?

nsd3
November 19, 2010, 08:37 PM
Any background info on MAfizur Rahman Munna.... when did he play in dhk league, which club?

AsifTheManRahman
November 19, 2010, 08:41 PM
He played for the national team in the late 90's. Was a pretty crappy bowler.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

nsd3
November 19, 2010, 08:56 PM
Bowling averages
<TABLE class=engineTable><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left title="class name" noWrap></TH><TH title="matches played" noWrap>Mat</TH><TH title="innings bowled in" noWrap>Inns</TH><TH title="balls bowled" noWrap>Balls</TH><TH title="runs conceded" noWrap>Runs</TH><TH title="wickets taken" noWrap>Wkts</TH><TH title="best innings bowling" noWrap>BBI</TH><TH title="best match bowling" noWrap>BBM</TH><TH title="bowling average" noWrap>Ave</TH><TH title="economy rate" noWrap>Econ</TH><TH title="bowling strike rate" noWrap>SR</TH><TH title="four wkts in an inns" noWrap>4w</TH><TH title="five wkts in an inns" noWrap>5w</TH><TH title="ten wkts in a match" noWrap>10</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>ODIs</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>4</TD><TD noWrap>66</TD><TD noWrap>73</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>-</TD><TD noWrap>-</TD><TD class=padDp2 noWrap>-</TD><TD noWrap>6.63</TD><TD class=padDp1 noWrap>-</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>First-class</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>90</TD><TD noWrap>39</TD><TD noWrap>1</TD><TD noWrap>1/23</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>39.00</TD><TD noWrap>2.60</TD><TD noWrap>90.0</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>List A</TD><TD noWrap>11</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap>366</TD><TD noWrap>339</TD><TD noWrap>7</TD><TD noWrap>3/54</TD><TD noWrap>3/54</TD><TD noWrap>48.42</TD><TD noWrap>5.55</TD><TD noWrap>52.2</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD><TD noWrap>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Got it from Cricinfo. Yes not very promising.

cricket_fanatic
November 19, 2010, 10:59 PM
I remember he made his international debut in the 1997/98 Asia Cup after the ICC trophy win. He used to bowl medium pace and bat lower middle order. Those were the days when we had a chronic shortage of bowlers who could barely reach 130km/h and our pace attack consisted of Shanto, Saiful, Munna, Zakir, etc. I think he played for Bangladesh Biman in the DPL.

roman
November 19, 2010, 11:39 PM
I remember he made his international debut in the 1997/98 Asia Cup after the ICC trophy win. He used to bowl medium pace and bat lower middle order. Those were the days when we had a chronic shortage of bowlers who could barely reach 130km/h and our pace attack consisted of Shanto, Saiful, Munna, Zakir, etc. I think he played for Bangladesh Biman in the DPL.

In that Asia cup he almost got the wicket of Azharuddin if I can recall it correctly...

Night_wolf
November 19, 2010, 11:52 PM

if u r nice with people,people will be nice with u:)

SMHasan
November 20, 2010, 12:34 AM
It was his brave batting in that Asia cup that showed our potential. He didn't score too many runs but the way he batted -it was inspirational for us in that time. A member of our lost geneation.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

yaseer
November 20, 2010, 01:01 AM
He was similar type of player like Sujon. According to our standard those days, he was a decent player. He did not have much pace but had a good slower ball and used to bat well in the late middle order. As SMHasan bhai mentioned, he showed his potential in Asia cup right after our ICC trophy win and it was the match against India if I remember it correctly.

AsifTheManRahman
November 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
We just really sucked back then (not that we still don't). Players like Munna, Salahuddin, Morshed Ali Shumon, etc. came and went. In the Asia Cup that you guys are talking about, Atahar Ali was the only one who stood out. He was the only real man among a bunch of sissies.

yaseer
November 20, 2010, 01:50 AM
We just really sucked back then (not that we still don't).

ATMR, we used to play associate level that days and on that level we were not "sucked".

Spitfire_x86
November 20, 2010, 03:06 AM
ATMR, we used to play associate level that days and on that level we were not "sucked".
1-5 record against Kenya during post-ICC Trophy 1997 and WC1999 period speaks for itself. We let Kenya score 347 (which included world record opening stand) and got bowled out for 100 when batting first in our first two encounters against them after ICC Trophy.

Habib
November 20, 2010, 03:52 AM
1-5 record against Kenya during post-ICC Trophy 1997 and WC1999 speaks for itself. We let Kenya score 347 (which included world record opening stand) and got bowled out for 100 when batting first in our first two encounters against them after ICC Trophy.

This. We weren't even the among the top associate teams at that time. Now we have managed to whitewash NZ after 15 years. Pretty quick improvement I'd say.

kalpurush
November 20, 2010, 04:41 AM
Now we have managed to whitewash NZ after 15 years. Pretty quick improvement I'd say.
No wonder why the Aussies are so scard...

Haru-party
November 20, 2010, 05:06 AM
No wonder why the Aussies are so scard...

from munna to oz bashing BC tusi great ho:notworthy:

Mahir
November 20, 2010, 05:29 AM
Mafizur Rahman Munna, whom we all here in Toronto's cricketing arena lovingly call "Munna bhai", came to Canada a few years back, and is happily settled in Toronto with family. Munna bhai and a couple of his friends from their club cricket days in Dhaka took the initiative to start a team in the Toronto cricket league (http://www.cricketstar.net/tdca) in 2006 called Bangla Cricket Club (those of you who live in Toronto would be familiar with the club), and entirely neutrally speaking - Bangla CC took our local league here by storm and secured championship in each of the first 3 years of its existence. Munna bhai was the captain of the club for the first 2 years, and later gave way to Ziaur Rashid Rupom (another regular performer in the Dhaka leagues), who's the captain currently. Bangla CC now occupies a spot in the Premier Division of the Toronto league, which is where most of the Canadian national team players are picked from.

Being local club member myself, I had the opportunity of playing alongside Munna bhai for 2 years when I was involved with Bangla CC. Unfortunately, I had to cut ties with Bangla CC last year, and I am happily settled with another club. Having said that, Munna bhai is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in life. He's a fierce competitor on the field. He was the first person with genuine cricket background to give me tips and suggestion on my batting techniques, and I have benefited from that in a big way.

You guys can click on the hyperlink above and find out more about the league, other clubs, Bangla CC's records, Munna bhai's stats, etc etc.

Btw, I have a feeling RRQ68 is probably someone who already knows Munna bhai, and just wants to find out what those Toronto-residing BC-ites have to say about him, hehe! :P

Naimul_Hd
November 20, 2010, 06:40 AM
^ or, may be RRQ68 is himself Munna bhai !! who knows, right ? :ppp

Night_wolf
November 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
@mahir vai..i can't find Bangla CC on the provided link..help!

Rabz
November 20, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think so too.
Our RRQ68 is probably Munna bhai himself.

AsifTheManRahman
November 20, 2010, 11:28 AM
1-5 record against Kenya during post-ICC Trophy 1997 and WC1999 period speaks for itself. We let Kenya score 347 (which included world record opening stand) and got bowled out for 100 when batting first in our first two encounters against them after ICC Trophy.
There was a point where we were completely incapable of winning anything at all. Personally, the loss to Canada didn't come as a surprise - it was inevitable.

The '97 ICC trophy win was actually a one-off. With the teams we had in the 80's and early 90's, you'd think we'd play the world cup earlier. Or maybe not - guys like Raqibul Sr. were sore losers.

I remember the old man and his lil' bro losing sleep over the loss to Kenya that kicked us out of the '94 ICC trophy. That was before I was an angry bastard, so I couldn't identify with their frustrations at the time. I was focusing more on my Iftar-time halim than the radio. Bulbul and Jahangir took us close enough, but what's the point if you can't finish it off?

FagunerAgun
November 20, 2010, 12:55 PM
if u r nice with people,people will be nice with u:)
Well said bro :) but this is not applicable to classic and moronic idiots who have a unique characterstic of a Coyote, howling and biting people 24/7 like an abnormal crazy.

cricket_king
November 20, 2010, 08:36 PM
Well said bro :) but this is not applicable to classic and moronic idiots who have a unique characterstic of a Coyote, howling and biting people 24/7 like an abnormal crazy.

Lawl.

Mahir
November 21, 2010, 03:33 AM
@mahir vai..i can't find Bangla CC on the provided link..help!

There's no club page for Bangla CC like that. The website link that I mentioned is just a homepage for the league that's got all kinds of team stats, player stats, match results, etc. Follow the links on the left side of the page, you'll find everything. :)

jisaan
November 21, 2010, 05:36 AM
I think so too.
Our RRQ68 is probably Munna bhai himself.

^ or, may be RRQ68 is himself Munna bhai !! who knows, right ? :ppp

Btw, I have a feeling RRQ68 is probably someone who already knows Munna bhai, and just wants to find out what those Toronto-residing BC-ites have to say about him, hehe! :P

Dear RRQ68!!! you are caught --- red-handed!!!:-D:-D:-D

Naimul_Hd
November 21, 2010, 07:51 AM
^^ LOL...i think, he actually wanted to write

I'm fan of MAFIZUR RAHMAN '' MUNNA ''..

but then changed his mind.... :D

amra BC member ra kom chalak na....parle BD 'r parallel ekta Detective team o banaite pari... lol

FagunerAgun
November 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
^^ LOL...i think, he actually wanted to write

I'm fan of MAFIZUR RAHMAN '' MUNNA ''..

but then changed his mind.... :D

amra BC member ra kom chalak na....parle BD 'r parallel ekta Detective team o banaite pari... lol
Thank you, Mr. Aussie Shirlock Holm :-D, you have just opened my eyes, in this regard.
Now I see his first post is a thread, and when I was posting first here I was anxious a bit because of the 'coyotes'. :-D

jisaan
November 21, 2010, 11:41 PM
This is the ultimate YAKK Thread!!!!

M.H.Rubel
November 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
I also like M R Munnah.
I always loved following guys.
1. . . . . .
2. . . . . .
3.Mafizur Rahman Munna
4.Niamur Rashid Rahul
5.Mushfiqur Rahman Babu
6.Khaled Mahmud Sujon
7.Farhad Reza(Last one we had)
8.Searching for another one.

Night_wolf
November 22, 2010, 12:24 AM
..Eh!..1,2??

M.H.Rubel
November 22, 2010, 01:05 AM
..Eh!..1,2??

1.Atahar Ali Khan
2.Minhazul Abedin Nannu.
Actually first ever i saw Bangladesh team in action was In Wills Asia Cup probably in 1988.After that i am following Bangladesh cricket regularly.But i have no idea before 1987.

Naimul_Hd
November 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
Thank you, Mr. Aussie Shirlock Holm :-D, you have just opened my eyes, in this regard.
Now I see his first post is a thread, and when I was posting first here I was anxious a bit because of the 'coyotes'. :-D

hahaha....thenku thenku :big_hug:

dash
November 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
while I think we should take a step back and reflect a bit.........
Rome wasnt built in a day.......our cricket has come this far with contribution from players, umpires, officials (yes, even though lot of them are corrupt)..........although atfirst i didnt recollect mafizur rahman munna but after inputs from you bc members....i am kind of sure who you guys are talking about.......and about cricketers from yester years being sissy....i have my reservation on that........yes they sucked......but what makes you a man is going out there and trying your best, giving your 100 percent........even then if you fail...tough luck you were just poor...not sissy...because even in their constant failure they encouraged others like me to watch and play the game............the trick is not to give up.....try again and again and again........till that day comes ... ....... and when it comes dont forget the ones who sucked........

bujhee kom
November 22, 2010, 12:32 PM
Ohh yes, yes I remember seeing Munna's name on Dainik Bangla/Ittefaq/Observer during the 80's in the sport section, in cricket scores. I remember his name very well now. He used to play in the Dhaka League in the winters.

asdfjkl
November 23, 2010, 04:00 AM

you are really a rude one