PDA

View Full Version : Sissy Hatao

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 04:55 AM
Seems we found out who is Zeeshan's biggest sissy in the Bangladesh cricket team. Yes! It is our (once beloved) Mash!! I just lost my respect for him. To be honest, I do NOT see a place for him in the 11 man squad of our cricket team. He surely deserves to be in 13 man squad though.

Now, it is time to make Shakib our captain to lead the country. We do NOT want a sissy to be our captain and go through same old same old Ash/Bash era again and again.

BCB, please select Shakib our captain and do at least one thing right (for the team and country).

Mash's interview in PA today.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-21/news/110091

He said he doesn't mind a 3-2 or 5-0 as long as we win the series, my question is, which two games would you like to lose?

yaseer
November 21, 2010, 05:37 AM
Calm down Kalpurush bhai. Mash just wanted to mean that the first priority is to win the series. He tried not to look over confident with the dialogues like - "Another Banglawash ahead....". Nothing wrong in that. Let them win the first three match then he is going to talk about 5-0.

Rabz
November 21, 2010, 06:01 AM
I'm with you Obayed bhai.
No place for defeatist, sissy kinds.

Losing is not an option.

Mahir
November 21, 2010, 06:22 AM
Obayed bhai, you have my support on this. As you said, lost a bit of respect for Mashrafee on that comment. Can't have a defeatist attitude at this stage - our only way forward is UP. Ofcourse everything won't turn out all rosy and there will be more than our fair share of bumps on the road, but it all starts with the right attitude and a positive outlook.

You got to respect every opponent, but those who should be beaten, should not just be beaten, but also receive a sound beating and must be made to go down begging for mercy, and we can't let our foot off their neck until they are down, and out.

Bagh ailo! Douraaaaaa......

Haru-party
November 21, 2010, 06:25 AM
oi je na buijhe na shuine shuru hoye gelo chillachilli. mash jodi sissy hoy taile pura 16koti bangali sissy. SNM

simon
November 21, 2010, 06:26 AM
to be honest after Banglawashing NZ & the return of Tamim & Mash himself,I think Mash shld hv said that the 1st target is to Banglawash Zim or a 4-1.

Mahir
November 21, 2010, 06:34 AM
oi je na buijhe na shuine shuru hoye gelo chillachilli. mash jodi sissy hoy taile pura 16koti bangali sissy. SNM

:)

Well then, what Mash actually wanted and meant to say got all lost in the context as the interview turned from verbals to text. It's all the reporter's fault!

roman
November 21, 2010, 06:54 AM
koto gul injuryr por ei sele ta abar khelar shahosh korse tapor o take sissy ki vabe boli vai? ar ekta player dekhan je Mash er moto etto bar injury te porar por o kele jasse? Mash is a real tiger not a sissy bro

Naimul_Hd
November 21, 2010, 06:56 AM
knowing the fact of our journalists' credentials, i would not jump on Mash for this statement. I am more than sure, it was taken out of the context. Mash did not mean that "series jitlei hoiche" !

I agree with Yaseer bhai that Mash meant match by match series win is the first priority than aiming for Banlgawash at once.

Haru-party
November 21, 2010, 06:56 AM
:)

Well then, what Mash actually wanted and meant to say got all lost in the context as the interview turned from verbals to text. It's all the reporter's fault!

shunen tahole...zim jokhon 2009-a bd ashchilo thokhon 3 nations cup-a srilankar sathe final fight diye harar por mash bolsilo amra 3-0-a zim ke harabo...tarpor 1st match zimer sathe harar por eita niye onekei onek kotha bolsilo....tar kichudin porei mash ek talk show-te ashe bolsilo je ekhon theke ar hut kore kotha na bole match by match target set korbe..............ei jonnoi hoyto she bolse age series jiti...o jodi bolto amra 5-0 ai jitbo tahole eita niye areta thread hoito...are nzre haraiya playerder pa matitey nai...ar kono match harle to kothai nai mash er chouddo gusti niye kotha uthto ei BC-tei...net-a boishe onek kotha bola jay....mash-er moto eto injury hoile mathe jaye cricket khela bohut durer kotha khat theke namtei kaku korto. abar bole mash sissy....mejaj gorom kore ghorar dim.

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 08:01 AM
shunen tahole...zim jokhon 2009-a bd ashchilo thokhon 3 nations cup-a srilankar sathe final fight diye harar por mash bolsilo amra 3-0-a zim ke harabo...tarpor 1st match zimer sathe harar por eita niye onekei onek kotha bolsilo....tar kichudin porei mash ek talk show-te ashe bolsilo je ekhon theke ar hut kore kotha na bole match by match target set korbe..............ei jonnoi hoyto she bolse age series jiti...o jodi bolto amra 5-0 ai jitbo tahole eita niye areta thread hoito...are nzre haraiya playerder pa matitey nai...ar kono match harle to kothai nai mash er chouddo gusti niye kotha uthto ei BC-tei...net-a boishe onek kotha bola jay....mash-er moto eto injury hoile mathe jaye cricket khela bohut durer kotha khat theke namtei kaku korto. abar bole mash sissy....mejaj gorom kore ghorar dim.
Imotional statement!
I myself a fan of Mash. Please don't get me wrong. But his recent attitude is not like a tiger rather a household cat. The fighter in him is dying. He lost his confidence and transforming into Ash.

All I want an old Mash, not the new sissy. Don't we have enough sissy already???

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 08:08 AM
Calm down Kalpurush bhai. Mash just wanted to mean that the first priority is to win the series. He tried not to look over confident with the dialogues like - "Another Banglawash ahead....". Nothing wrong in that. Let them win the first three match then he is going to talk about 5-0.
Yaseer bhai, if Mash wanted to mean what you have written, I am cool. I do NOT expect every series would be a Bangla Wash, though we need to change our loser attitude, especially not from our captain. :)

Naimul_Hd
November 21, 2010, 08:10 AM
^ KP da...."Sissy hotao" na bole, "sissy attitude hotao" bolle appropriate hoito.... :)

Ajfar
November 21, 2010, 08:30 AM
oh ya sure now you are all saying mash is a sissy. had Mash said we will go 5-0 half the people would be going we need to rake Zim more seriously he shouldnt have said that. Remember what half the people were saying when shakib said yes 4-0 is possible. They were going oooo he shouldnt have said that lets worry about the series win first.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
November 21, 2010, 08:33 AM
^^^

i seriously don't get what's wrong with people here theseadays.the last person who's a sissy is mash.that guy should be on a wheelchair given the number of surgeries he's gone through but he's always coming back to the team and giving in his 100%.so i don't think he qualifies in the sissy category

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 08:42 AM
^ KP da...."Sissy hotao" na bole, "sissy attitude hotao" bolle appropriate hoito.... :)
Yes. My bad. The correct wording would be sissy attitude hotao. :)

_Rafi_
November 21, 2010, 08:45 AM
Mash knows nothing about diplomacy of a captain.

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
^^^

i seriously don't get what's wrong with people here theseadays.the last person who's a sissy is mash.that guy should be on a wheelchair given the number of surgeries he's gone through but he's always coming back to the team and giving in his 100%.so i don't think he qualifies in the sissy category
And his performance rating....?!!!

Not up to the par for a long time (even comparing with his own performance).

Ajfar
November 21, 2010, 08:55 AM
^ and his injury rating on his knee for a long time not up to par with the rest of the team right?? So KP da please cut him slack would ya.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 08:56 AM
And thats why he shouldn't be the captain.

Razi
November 21, 2010, 09:06 AM
Didn't expect a thread of this kind from a veteran member like Obayed bhai, I have nothing more to say! :o:sick::(

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
^ and his injury rating on his knee for a long time not up to par with the rest of the team right?? So KP da please cut him slack would ya.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Mate, I am a Mash - Ash fan. So please don't misread me! Nothing personal here :)

kalpurush
November 21, 2010, 09:13 AM
Didn't expect a thread of this kind from a veteran member like Obayed bhai, I have nothing more to say! :o:sick::(
I am :( but not :sick:.
Razi, please don't be so imotional. Mash simply is not the right person to lead the Tigers at the moment.

FagunerAgun
November 21, 2010, 09:21 AM
When I saw this thread, I thought Coyote hatao.:-D

With due respect to Mash for his heroic performance in the past, I would say this is the time to make Shakib our official captain to lead us and win for us. The reason is great Mash has too many problems now - injury, performance, etc. He is most welcome to be our captain should he get his form back.

More delay by BCB in doing so will make both Mash and Shakib unhappy.

Haru-party
November 21, 2010, 09:31 AM
kotha shune mone hochche kew captain hoyer joggo na holei she sissy, tahole tendulkar-o sissy. mash er injury problem thats different......but hes not a sissy...plain and simple....and obayed vai u didnt read my post...i explained why he was hesitated to say 5-0 b4 the series

shakibrulz
November 21, 2010, 10:38 AM
That sucks. After whitewashing kiwis, you wan't to keep a good track record from and he says this? Time for the real tiger to be the permanent captain :-p

On a serious note, making iceman the cap is asking for a bit too much from him, still I think he deserves that spot. I don't think any team in any era relied this much on a single player. And that too on such a young age. Iceman is the man!

Night_wolf
November 21, 2010, 11:04 AM
1st i would like to say one thing..4 the 1st time we are one the verge of the no 8 spot on the odi ranking...i dont know when this opportunity will arrive 4 us again..and according to the icc odi ranking predictor we need to bit zim 5-0 and hope for a sl 4-1 wimping vs wi..going to the WC as no 8 team in the world will not this be a great confidence booster for BD?

saying this wining a series is very much important but in this particular series a banglawash is very much needed..so in context of the series mash should aim for 5-0 and nothing else..3-2 is not acceptable here..bd will lose ranking point if we win 3-2

now on topic,u cant call mash a sissy..he is everything but a sissy..but his attitude towards this series is not acceptable by me..i don know if he know about the rankings..if he dont then he should know this...and if he knows and still said that...thats a sissy attitude by mash

Murad
November 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Zimbabwe team is stronger than NZ.

Overconfidence is never good. Even Ricky Ponting will not say "Oh we will win the series 5-0" against a team he plays regularly. First thing is series, then think about whitewash.

riankhan
November 21, 2010, 11:43 AM
Seems we found out who is Zeeshan's biggest sissy in the Bangladesh cricket team. Yes! It is our (once beloved) Mash!! I just lost my respect for him. To be honest, I do NOT see a place for him in the 11 man squad of our cricket team. He surely deserves to be in 13 man squad though.

KP দা দেখি বেজাই খেপে গেসেন। প্রথম নজরে Mash এর কথাটা আমারও আবেদনময়ি মনে হইনি। পরে মনে হল ব্যাটা রিপরটার ও ফাজিল হতে পারে। একাদশে Mash এর ঘিরিঙ্গি সুইং আর সন্ত্রাসি ব্যাটিং টা জরুরি...

Razi
November 21, 2010, 11:53 AM
I am :( but not :sick:.
Razi, please don't be so imotional. Mash simply is not the right person to lead the Tigers at the moment.

So, any player who is currently not the right person to lead a team is a sissy? I'm really sick of this so called fancy term 'sissy', here in BC we just love to overuse any new/random thing before it gets way to irritating and annoying.

FagunerAgun
November 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
So, any player who is currently not the right person to lead a team is a sissy? I'm really sick of this so called fancy term 'sissy', here in BC we just love to overuse any new/random thing before it gets way to irritating and annoying.
Agree, I do not like this terminology regarding our captain, because he is still our captain.

Mahir
November 21, 2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe he should've said, "lets get to 3-0 first, then we'll worry about 5-0" instead of saying "...doesn't matter if it's 3-2 or 5-0". You see, the fact that 3-2 is fine with him, according to the quote by Prothom Alo, does not sit well with some of us. But those of you who're defending Mash's comment here, would probably hate a 3-2 result as much as those who're condemning down Mash's "sissy attitude".

Alright, let the debate continue. We have nothing better to do anyway these days! :)

Ajfar
November 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
^ yup exactly maybe he should have said this, but for all we know maybe he did say it, we all know how journalists in BD like to do things. This one statement alone doesn't make him a sissy. If you wan to use this mindset of his to say that Shakib needs to be the captain that's perfectly fine, but this one statement alone doesn't make him a sissy.

MarufH
November 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
I know where Mash is coming from (covering his a$$ since the expectation is so high) but this is absolutely not the way to go. They are playing competitive cricket and they should have "no mercy" mentality.

MarufH
November 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
I am sick of people saying Zim is stronger than NZ... seriously??? People that are saying Zims are stronger are actually not really believing in our own strength... they can't believe that we can beat a strong team.. so as a result they wanna make zim team stronger (!) than nz!!!!

Rabz
November 21, 2010, 12:28 PM
It all starts with the thought process.
After what could be the turning point of our cricket, last thing I wanted to hear from my captain is 3-2 is ok, when the opposition is Zimbabwe.

Why such a softie ?
Why the idea that losing a game is ok ?
Why still that lack of self confidence ?
Why expose that to your opponent?

You start a series with the goal of 3-2, you'd end up with 2-3.

He is not hosing down fans expectation, he just does not have the courage to walk the walk.

Thats the difference between him and IceMan.

While the latter talks of Banglawashing a stronger opponent half way thru the series and actually does it, Mash is trying to settle down with couple of loses to an opponent his boys are expected to win !!

Let the war of words begin.
Lets grow some b@lls.
Send the message loud and clear to the Zims that we are not gonna be beaten on our home soil. Tell them they dont have a chance.
Then walk the walk. Tell the whole world "we told you so".
Thats how you show we have arrived and that NZ ambush wasn't a lucky streak.

Let the world know this is Bangladesh of New.
Let them sweat their pants come this February.

But you can't do that if your captain says I'm fine with 3-2.

Habib
November 21, 2010, 12:43 PM

One can argue that neither does Shakib. Anyway I'm giving Mash the benifit of doubt. Maybe he meant to say that we need to target one match at a time. Having said that Ice man should be the captain.

Nasif
November 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
hmmm... got confused for few secs... read "[বাংলা]সিসি হাতাও[/বাংলা]" :eek:

FagunerAgun
November 21, 2010, 01:50 PM
While the latter (Shakib) talks of Banglawashing a stronger opponent half way thru the series and actually does it, Mash is trying to settle down with couple of loses to an opponent his boys are expected to win !!

Very good quote, Rabz.
I think Shakib's this 'silent' statement is a milestone in the BD cricket history as it is a turning point for the roaring tigers to create a wining mentality with a good example.

BanCricFan
November 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
After what could be the turning point of our cricket, last thing I wanted to hear from my captain is 3-2 is ok, when the opposition is Zimbabwe.

Why such a softie ?
Why the idea that losing a game is ok ?
Why still that lack of self confidence ?
Why expose that to your opponent?

You start a series with the goal of 3-2, you'd end up with 2-3.

He is not hosing down fans expectation, he just does not have the courage to walk the walk.

Thats the difference between him and IceMan.

While the latter talks of Banglawashing a stronger opponent half way thru the series and actually does it, Mash is trying to settle down with couple of loses to an opponent his boys are expected to win !!

Let the war of words begin.
Lets grow some b@lls.
Send the message loud and clear to the Zims that we are not gonna be beaten on our home soil. Tell them they dont have a chance.
Then walk the walk. Tell the whole world "we told you so".
Thats how you show we have arrived and that NZ ambush wasn't a lucky streak.

Let the world know this is Bangladesh of New.
Let them sweat their pants come this February.

But you can't do that if your captain says I'm fine with 3-2.

Couldn't have put it any better.

Mash is, after all, of HaBa generation and his mindset still rooted to that era. In the past, a win here and there would have been an achivement in itself. But the bar has been raised by the likes of Shakib and Tamim. They take to the field for a full blooded battle not just making up the numbers. A young, fiesty and aggressive Mash has long been gone. Time to handover that button to Shakib.

Btw, I'm a great fan of Mashrafi.

Purbasha T
November 21, 2010, 02:36 PM
KP bro, I think Mash was just trying to be respectful that's all. Do you really think as a Bangladeshi mainstream cricket player he doesn't know the gap between BD and Zim and what results are expected when these two play at BD at the recent times? Sure he does, he's just not as open-mouthed as Shakib; so while trying to be respectful he actually ended up saying something completely different from what he wanted to say. Personalities differ, bro. Allow him. This guy has gone through so much, cut him some bosta. :)

AsifTheManRahman
November 21, 2010, 03:58 PM
I'll stay away from this thread. Otherwise the rage might kill me.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Bond
November 21, 2010, 05:12 PM
Mash is clearly the biggest sissy of a captain we ever had, we need Shakib to lead, I like his confidence, he sticked by what he said, and made his words turn into Bangla history. Mash's attitude is good for team Canada or Kenya, not Bangladesh when we have players like Tamim and Shak, Mash's low beliefs will let the morals of our players down after the kiwiwash.

He could have said the moral of the boys are very high and we will give our best to make a repeat of the previous series instead of saying 3-2. Thank God I mentioned Mash as a sissy in Zeeshan's thread. I still stick to it, if you want to know why I called him sissy evidence is provided in the first post.

Night_wolf
November 21, 2010, 07:40 PM
I'll stay away from this thread. Otherwise the rage might kill me.

o man i was waiting for ur comment!:hairpull:

anyways u nailed it!!

Ashfaq
November 21, 2010, 08:04 PM
[বাংলা]ভাইসাহেবরা, অবস্থাদৃশটে মনে হচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ রাতারাতি অস্ট্রেলিয়া বা ইংল্যান্ড হয়ে গেছে। ক্রিকেট খেলায় উন্নয়ন বা অবনমন একদিনে হয়না। কিউইরা আমাদের কাছে রামধরা খেয়েকি ভারতকে প্রায় ধরিয়ে দেয়নি ? বাংলাদেশ জিম্বাবুয়েতে যা ব্যবধান, ভারত নিউজিল্যান্ডেও তাই। কাজেই জিম্বাবুয়েকে ছোটো করে দেখা আমাদের জন্য আত্মহননের সামিল। আমাদের একথা ভেবে খুশি হওয়া উচিত যে আমাদের অধিনায়ক প্রতিপক্ষকে অবহেলা করার ভুল করছেননা।

আর যারা বলছেন কৌশিক ভীতু, আপনাদের শুভবুদ্ধির উদয় হোক। ঠ্যাং এ এত লোহা নিয়া কোন বঙ্গসন্তান দাঁড়াতে পারতোনা, আর তিনি প্রতিনিয়তা দেশের জন্য নিজের অঙ্গের মায়া ত্যাগ করে খেলে যাচ্ছেন। প্রতিপক্ষকে উপযুক্ত সম্মান দেয়া হল ক্রিকেটের প্রথম ভদ্রতা, এতে আপনারা দোষ ধরছেন কেন তা অধমের বোধোগম্য নয়।রিকি পন্টিং-ও কখন মিডিয়াকে বলেনা, আমরা বাংলাদেশে যাচ্ছি ধবলধোলাই করতে। ম্যাশ যদি বলত, "আমরা জিম্বাবুইয়ান মুরগাগুলারে মুর্গমুসল্লম করে খায়া ফেলব" কিংবা চন্ডালি ভাষায়,"অগোরে চু... লাল কইরা দেমু" তাইলে এই আপনারাই বিসিতে নানা রঙের সুতা পেঁচিয়ে ম্যাশের গুষ্ঠি উদ্ধার করতেন। (প্রমান চান? মনে নেয় সাকিবের ৪-১ মন্তব্যের পরে তাকে আমরা কিভাবে ধুয়েছিলাম ?)

কাজেই, আমি বলি যে কাজ শুরুর আগে মুখের কথায় কাওকে মূল্যায়ন করবেননা। এতে লাভের সম্ভবনা নিতান্তই সামান্য। কথা দিচ্ছি, যদি কৌশিকের কাপুরুষত্বে আমরা কোন খেলায় হারি (কাপুরষত্ব != অদক্ষতা) তবে আপনাদের সাথে আমিও কোমরে গামছা বেঁধে ওর গুষ্ঠি উদ্ধার করব। তবে তার আগে পর্যন্ত আপনাদের ক্ষান্ত দিতে অনুরোধ রইল।
[/বাংলা]

LateCut
November 21, 2010, 10:08 PM
He may not be a sissy but he is certainly "language challenged". He could have said " we have not played Zimbabe way for a while. The recent performances indicate that they are an improved team. We have to play our best to defeat this team convincingly".

Tiger444
November 21, 2010, 11:00 PM
Zimbabwe batting is stronger than NZ in our condition. Most of them can play spin well unlike NZ batsmen (except Taylor). Their bowling wasn't anything special except Mills and Vettory.

About the comment. Shakib is Shakib. You can't compare him with anyone else in the team. None of the players don't know how to talk to the media except Shakib. Ki bolte ki bole fele tara nije ra o jane na.

Most of their batsmen can play spin well? Last tour in BD the Zimbabwean batsmen were pretty poor against spin in our conditions. If you look at their batsmen's stats against us and you can see that they really struggle in our conditions. Chigumbura has the highest number of runs and he averages a 25. All their batsmen for the most part avg in the mid 20's against us.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;host=25;opposition=25;team=9;te mplate=results;type=batting

Take a look at how Razzak and Shakib have completely dismantled the Zimbabwean batsmen.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;host=25;opposition=9;team=25;te mplate=results;type=bowling

The stats suggest to me that Zimbabweans are really poor against spin and once again will struggle against us.

reyme
November 21, 2010, 11:18 PM
Do we even know who will lead the team against ZIM? If Mash, then I am really curious to see how he leads the team from the front. I dont really care about talk the talk, I am more interested in walk the walk.

reyme
November 21, 2010, 11:19 PM
Do you know who is the biggest sissy who is not in the team? Enamul Haq Moni. Thats it I said it and I feel good now.

Bond
November 21, 2010, 11:43 PM
Most of their batsmen can play spin well? Last tour in BD the Zimbabwean batsmen were pretty poor against spin in our conditions. If you look at their batsmen's stats against us and you can see that they really struggle in our conditions. Chigumbura has the highest number of runs and he averages a 25. All their batsmen for the most part avg in the mid 20's against us.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;host=25;opposition=25;team=9;te mplate=results;type=batting

Take a look at how Razzak and Shakib have completely dismantled the Zimbabwean batsmen.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;host=25;opposition=9;team=25;te mplate=results;type=bowling

The stats suggest to me that Zimbabweans are really poor against spin and once again will struggle against us.

top post brother

M.H.Rubel
November 21, 2010, 11:58 PM

After England and other associate series JS said that he is happy about the performance in England and associate country tour.But Mash was the only person who first showed his aspiration and said that we should have better europe tour.Before NZ tour none of the team member said that we ll play against england to win the series.And we did it.So i dont think he is such an easy guy.He also have a good head on his shoulder.
So,IMO he gave the openion definately there is a reason behind it.Either his statement has been distorted or he wants to save his team from complacency.Pocha shamuke a pa kata khub lojjakor.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al Furqaan
November 22, 2010, 12:18 AM

yes of their current players, Dabengwa has the highest average at 32...and he's been considered extremely lucky to have made the team this time. only 2 of their players have scored 100s against us, and only one guy Taylor is in the side now. we should look to keep that number that way.

bottom line is, we should aim to win every match convincingly as this the last tune up before the WC.

take no prisoners.

kalpurush
November 22, 2010, 12:33 AM
Nasif bhai, besh roshik manush upni!!!:):notworthy:

kalpurush
November 22, 2010, 12:44 AM
Razi, love your signeture :)

_Rafi_
November 22, 2010, 02:49 AM
This is a wrong comment by Mash no doubt. He didnt have to use numbers for series outcome. No captain will do that. Especially after 4-0 win against a team who were ranked no.2 few months ago and Mash was not part of it. Players who were part of it have every reason to believe 5-0 win possible. Mash has no right to inject his low expectation to other players. We won 4-0 against Nz because we believed it was possible and our captain forced us to think that way by declaring his clear intention.

Jadukor
November 22, 2010, 05:29 AM
we don't want complacency or arrogance, but we don't want to set the bar low either

I dont believe we have to set the bar low...our performances over the 10 years have already set the bar as low as possible.
akta series jitei potrikai shobaire whitewash korar potisruti dewata shahosh er theke bokamir porichoi e beshi bohon korto....

Tiger-ess
November 22, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well in my eyes Mashrafe is a real tiger and I sincierly hope he gets his due with this Zim series. Mash for Captain !!!!!!!!!

beshideshi
November 22, 2010, 08:49 AM
Now that I have had some time to think about what Mash said, I think he used very wrong words to express his intentions. From what I have seen over the past 10 years, Mash does not have a defeatist attitude, he is one of the very few players who still wanted to fight and win when some of our batsmen were celebrating inning defeats by collecting stumps as souvenir when they batter through the inning. He also showed his character when he openly disagreed with Jamie Siddons about the result of the English tour.

I believe, what he meant to say was : Our first target is to win the series, if we lose the first two games we would like to win it 3-2 and after we have the series win confirmed we would want to go for 5-0.

I dearly hope that I am right, otherwise I won't have much respect left for someone who I idolized for a long time.

roman
November 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Let me add something here...I think the only reason behind all these "Mash Hotao, Mash is a sissy, Mash does not have what it takes to be a captain and all" is simply his injury. This guy has been out of action for so long. We should be happy that he is still playing and he has the guts to sit on the hot chair.And you know what.. "out of sight out of mind". When we won against England under Mash's captaincy, none of us questioned his attitude or his fierceness. Many of us said that he is a good thinker, fighter and all.I urge all my beloved Banglacricket brothers and sisters, please dont condemn our Mash. He was a fighter, he is a fighter and he'll always be a fighter.

MarufH
November 22, 2010, 11:12 AM

Hahahahaha... :floor:

dash
November 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
i dont see whats wrong in the comment..he is just guarding against over confidence and keeping everyones feet grounded...but i agree we should not take nothing less than a 5- nill in our favour

roman
November 22, 2010, 12:14 PM

That was pure gold. Hashte hashte to purai goragori...

bujhee kom
November 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
Sissy kintu asholei amar wife-er baba/ma-er dewa daaknam, like the actress Sissy Spacek..

Rabz
November 22, 2010, 12:23 PM
ম্যাশ এর এই ন্যাক্কারজনক কথার তীব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়ে আমি আগামি ৩০ নভেম্বর দেশব্যপী সকাল সন্ধা হরতাল ডাকলাম ।

MarufH
November 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
check out my take on this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=34815

bujhee kom
November 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
I won't call Mash a sissy, that will be an insult to my kind/good wife!

I think Mash is a chicken! That's what I think because that's what I see.

Murad
November 22, 2010, 01:59 PM
The Narail Express, however, expects a good fight from Zimbabwe and did not make the mistake of counting them out.

“First of all, nobody expected that we'd beat New Zealand 4-0, did they? Everyone expected us to lose the series and maybe win one or two games. But we beat them 4-0. If you see it from that angle, then Zimbabwe is nothing.

“But if you think of the situation before the New Zealand series, then Zimbabwe will play much better cricket than what New Zealand played against us.

“They have two good spinners, their batsmen are in form and they have played here often,” explained Mashrafe.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=163249

riankhan
November 22, 2010, 05:43 PM
ম্যাশ এর এই ন্যাক্কারজনক কথার তীব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়ে আমি আগামি ৩০ নভেম্বর দেশব্যপী সকাল সন্ধা হরতাল ডাকলাম ।

এই মাত্র পত্রিকা তে দেখালাম ম্যাডাম -- http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-11-23/news/110467
ম্যাশ আর ন-হুদা কে নিয়ে হুদাহুদি টানাটানির প্রতিবাদে আমি নিরিহ জনগনের কিছু সম্পদ ভাংচুর করার বিশয় টাও অন্তরভুক্ত করার আবেদন জানাচ্ছি :ticking:

BanCricFan
November 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
The Narail Express, however, expects a good fight from Zimbabwe and did not make the mistake of counting them out.

“First of all, nobody expected that we'd beat New Zealand 4-0, did they? Everyone expected us to lose the series and maybe win one or two games. But we beat them 4-0. If you see it from that angle, then Zimbabwe is nothing.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=163249
--------------------------------------------------------

I rest my case.

Well, Mash, Shakib expected to beat them 4-0...don't you follow cricket anymore?! Just shows he is still stuck in the HaBa era. Always happy as Larry with the odd "upset" wins here and there. No ambition or self-belief in himself or in his teammates skills, talents and capabilities. He clearly doesn't know how to evaluate his or team's strengths and weaknesses. Just following the script like his predecessors -little realizing that things have changed. We have two genuine world class batter and bowler in Shakib and Tamim, Mash. Throw in Shafi, Rubel, Razzak, Ash(!) and Mushy...its a very decent side. Wake up, have faith and act like a man!

ps: No, we are not asking you to make any arrogant or imprudent statements but what we are calling for is that you be positve in your speech as a leader! And know that cricket is more of a mindgame nowadays (many would say it always has been).

Ajfar
November 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
^ Wrong. Shakib didn't expect, he said its possible to beat them 4-0 and that too after winning the 2nd game. There is a huge difference between expect and possible. Saying expect is almost equal to a guarantee and Shakib didn't do that. As for what Mash said he is 100% right. Nobody expected us to win the series 4-0 before the series started. and wow wow wow wow. Where are you getting all the no belief in teammates skills, talents and capabilities from? We haven't even seen Mash long enough as a captain to judge what kind of a captain he is? You want to jump on him for the statement he made or the "sissy" like attitude go ahead, but don't attack him on things you have yet to see from him.

As for those claiming Mash doesn't know jack about captaincy let me remind you all we won in Bristol, and a lot of it had to do with his captaincy. Mashrafe captained Abahoni on their way to the title run and even than he was injured so he was bowling off spin. We tend to forget things way too quickly. This is the same guy that said, "India re dhore dabani dibo". The guy has been in and out of the team, injured for almost 2 years now, and if we should cut some slack to anyone, its him. Who cares about what he said, as long as he does whatever he is suppose to do on the field who cares.

roman
November 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
^ Wrong. Shakib didn't expect, he said its possible to beat them 4-0 and that too after winning the 2nd game. There is a huge difference between expect and possible. Saying expect is almost equal to a guarantee and Shakib didn't do that. As for what Mash said he is 100% right. Nobody expected us to win the series 4-0 before the series started. and wow wow wow wow. Where are you getting all the no belief in teammates skills, talents and capabilities from? We haven't even seen Mash long enough as a captain to judge what kind of a captain he is? You want to jump on him for the statement he made or the "sissy" like attitude go ahead, but don't attack him on things you have yet to see from him.

As for those claiming Mash doesn't know jack about captaincy let me remind you all we won in Bristol, and a lot of it had to do with his captaincy. Mashrafe captained Abahoni on their way to the title run and even than he was injured so he was bowling off spin. We tend to forget things way too quickly. This is the same guy that said, "India re dhore dabani dibo". The guy has been in and out of the team, injured for almost 2 years now, and if we should cut some slack to anyone, its him. Who cares about what he said, as long as he does whatever he is suppose to do on the field who cares.

it does not matter how many times you remind them of Mash's dedication and his captancy skill bro, they just dont get it. I have mentioned all these points that you have mentioned through several posts but didnt make much of a difference. "Out of sight out of mind" is so true

AsifTheManRahman
November 23, 2010, 02:11 AM
We won in Bristol, but lost in Ireland and Holland. Only pansies lose in Ireland and Holland.

Zeeshan
November 23, 2010, 02:23 AM
^Word du jour, pansy?

Oh gawd...here we go again.

cricket_fanatic
November 23, 2010, 08:51 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> I wouldn’t really want to decode Mash’s mindset from a comment in an interview. I think he would have meant winning the series is more important than the scoreline. Note that the question he was asked was, “What is the expectation from the BD team in the series”, not “Do you expect BD to beat Zim 5-0?” and he answered the question.
Since I see people are using Shakib’s comment on the 4-0 win against the Kiwis – when it was 2-0 – if I remember correctly, he did not really go out and make a bold announcement to win 4-0; he was asked if it was possible to win 4-0 and he said yes.
Hence, someone should ask Shakib now if we can beat Zim 5-0 and based on his answer, we can probably comment on whether Shakib & Mash are indeed polar opposites in terms of winning mentality as so many people are suggesting here!

lamisa
November 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
Couldn't have put it any better.

Mash is, after all, of HaBa generation and his mindset still rooted to that era. In the past, a win here and there would have been an achivement in itself. But the bar has been raised by the likes of Shakib and Tamim. They take to the field for a full blooded battle not just making up the numbers. A young, fiesty and aggressive Mash has long been gone. Time to handover that button to Shakib.

Btw, I'm a great fan of Mashrafi.

u can't even spell his name right!:-p

Equinox
November 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
bangladesh_sy summed up my views on this issue. Can we stop with the Mash hate already. Another thing I will add is that PA and DS have been incredibly biased on this issue. I remember a few weeks back DS wrote an article full of their own value judgement on how Shakib is awesome and Mash is crap, and passed it on as a news report.

We won in Bristol, but lost in Ireland and Holland. Only pansies lose in Ireland and Holland.
Australia has lost to a Bangladesh side consisting of Javed Omar, Tapash Baisya and Nafees Iqbal. Manschester United has lost to Southend. They're called upsets. Get over it.

AsifTheManRahman
November 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
No, upsets don't happen twice in a row, or every time we play Ireland.

Equinox
November 23, 2010, 10:09 AM
No, upsets don't happen twice in a row, or every time we play Ireland.
Agreed and it didn't happen two times in a row.

AsifTheManRahman
November 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
Agreed and it didn't happen two times in a row.
Well, you know what I mean. If you're ok with losing to associates, that's your business and all power to you. I'm not and don't tell me to get over losing.

shakibrulz
November 23, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mashrafe's captaincy is massively overrated by some here. Shakib is a fine ODI skip, as good, if not better than Mashrafe. When someone defends a below par score like 170 in a dead rubber, then you know that he certainly is the best candidate for captaincy.

The only thing against Shakib is he's too young and the team already heavily depends on him. And Mashrafe performed better when he was made captain.

cricket_dorshok
November 23, 2010, 10:54 AM
^^ so did Shakib. I agree with your point that Shakib is too young. But then again, he is the only player with right attitude to lead the team in the World cup.
A statement of 'I am fine with 3-2 against ZIM' is ridiculous.

shakibrulz
November 23, 2010, 11:04 AM
^^ so did Shakib. I agree with your point that Shakib is too young. But then again, he is the only player with right attitude to lead the team in the World cup.
A statement of 'I am fine with 3-2 against ZIM' is ridiculous.
No, don't bring Shakib into equation here. What I said was, I thought he was slightly more effective (or maybe just me) as a frontline pacer while he was made captain. Shakib does well irrespective of all that. That's all what I meant.

Purbasha T
November 23, 2010, 06:02 PM
18 tarikhe arekta dibani dewar por dekhi ki hoy.

Sohel
November 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mimbos prone to injury and easily coerced into uttering "teshta" in ghoti-based Pepsi commercials ought not be made captains, period.

wiseshah
November 23, 2010, 08:26 PM
if mash can confirm his place in the main Xi, i have no objection to make him captain. i think that will release some extra load from shakib, who is the most important player at this time.

kalpurush
November 23, 2010, 09:48 PM
if mash can confirm his place in the main Xi, i have no objection to make him captain. i think that will release some extra load from shakib, who is the most important player at this time.
I also have no prob if Mash is captain. But, as you said, he has to confirm his place in the team first (out of squad due to injuery) and change his attitude. I have all the good wishes and prayers for him.:)

auntu
November 24, 2010, 01:21 AM
[বাংলা]ওবায়েদ ভাই আপনার সাথে সহমত প্রকাশ করছি।
"বীর মরে একবার, দূর্বল মরে শতবার"[/বাংলা]

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 06:57 PM
I find it very hard to believe and shocking that someone who single handedly took down India TWICE, once in the worldcup itself with his accurate heartsome bowling once a hero, three years later is classyfied as a sissy :o

if anything, Mashrafee is always known to be a true tiger in the field, it is just that recently too much injury+ off form.

someone who is known for his late innings big hitting abilities once a hero is later known to be a sissy.

this same player who has the record for most wickets in ODI for Bangladesh is known as a sissy, the only player to survive the 2000-01 era and not get dropped from the team other than injury related issues at least once is known as a sissy, again i find it very very shocking!

Sorry Obayed bhai, no personal attack intended :)

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
ok..maybe saying Mortaza single handedly took down india is a bit too much when in reality it was a team effort as it should be, but notice in both matches he got the Man of the Match award, didn't he ;)?

what Mortaza is lacking currently, is confidence. I am not denying the fact that he has lost his groove, he has lost his mojo. once he gets it back, he will silence his critics...:) Mark My Word

MarufH
November 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
Mashrafe will be baack, inshallah

roman
November 26, 2010, 09:40 PM
once he gets it back, he will silence his critics...:) Mark My Word

No doubt...We just have to be patient

ahnaf
November 26, 2010, 09:44 PM
I also have no prob if Mash is captain. But, as you said, he has to confirm his place in the team first (out of squad due to injuery) and change his attitude. I have all the good wishes and prayers for him.:)

what kind of attiude bhaiya?? I dont see anything wrong...

kalpurush
November 27, 2010, 03:57 AM
what kind of attiude bhaiya?? I dont see anything wrong...

what Mortaza is lacking currently, is confidence. I am not denying the fact that he has lost his groove, he has lost his mojo.

^^^

And I am also a Mash fan :)

kalpurush
November 27, 2010, 04:12 AM
Sorry Obayed bhai, no personal attack intended :)
I know! ;):)

Why there should be anything personal here anyway? I am a fan of Bangladesh cricket team. I thought, being a captain, Mash needs to learn how to talk and inspire others. I do NOT demand to witewash Zimbabwe. Also, do NOT want to lose before the match starts.
Like you said, "what Mortaza is lacking currently, is confidence. I am not denying the fact that he has lost his groove, he has lost his mojo."

All I wish for is ^^^ Mash gets his mojo back my friend as a Mash fan:)