MohammedC
November 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
Lets start with club preview published in New Age

Mohamedan

CLUB OVERVIEW (I)
MSC start training with
an eye on title
Atif Azam
Defending champions Mohammedan Sporting Club will be eyeing to retain their crown as they start their preparations for the upcoming Dhaka Premier League on Monday.
The Motijheel outfit, who spent more than Tk 2 crore on the players this season, ended their long trophy drought last year and are determined to repeat the act despite losing some of their seasoned campaigners.
Mohammedan had to release at least three star performers – Mohammad Ashraful to CCS, Mahmudullah to Abahani and Aftab Ahmed to Old DOHS – for a pool barrier
All-rounder Marshal Ayub, spinner Saqlain Sajib, pacemen Delwar Hossain and Sajedul Islam left Mohammedan making the job harder for them this season.
But the club must be happy with their replacements as they managed to add some proven players to the side. The biggest addition is of course Sakib al Hasan, the leading one-day all-rounder in the world, who came from arch-rivals Abahani, reportedly for a record fee of Tk 30 lakh.
Mohammedan also prised Nazimuddin and Enamul Hoque Jr from Gazi Tanks, Muktar Ali and Shubhashish Roy from Abahani, Tareq Aziz from Bangladesh Biman, Fariduddin Masud from Kalabagan and Bangladesh Under-19 player Nur Hossain, who played in the first division last season.
Another plus point would be national opener Tamim Iqbal, who was part of their squad last season but played just one game. A fully-fit Timim is ready to compensate the club this time around.
Mohammedan also have had some trouble with their foreign players last season and they are desperate to avoid it this time. Sri Lankan Farveez Maharoof was carrying an injury when he joined the side and by the time he regained his fitness it was time for him to leave.
Once Maharoof left, Mohammedan struggled to find a replacement and finally had to bring in Pakistani Rana Naved-ul Hasan, who was a big flop until the last game against Abahani. Fahim Muntasir, club’s cricket manager, said they are confident to get former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik from the beginning of the season. Muntasir hoped if Shoaib finally comes, he along with Sakib will give them a big advantage over the other sides as they both can bat and bowl.
Former Bangladesh skipper Khaled Mashud is likely to be retained as captain of the team. Manager Muntasir has full confidence in the side that bristles with youth and experience.
‘We have a strong batting line-up and a very good spin attack which is what you need to be successful in the Dhaka league. We have every element here,’ said Muntasir.
He defended the decision of retaining Faisal Hossain at the expense of big names like Mahmudullah, Ashraful and Aftab from the pool quota.
‘We want performance, not names and I think he [Faisal] is one of the best performers in domestic cricket,’ Fahim said.
The crucial spin department will be handled by Sakib, Enamul Haque Jr, Nur Hossain, Fariduddin Masud and Faisal along with Malik, which gives the side a lot of variation.

Squad
Tamim Iqbal, Sakib al Hasan, Faisal Hossain, Shamsur Rahman, Nafees Iqbal, Nazimuddin, Khaled Mashud, Enamul Haque Jr, Nur Hossain, Fariduddin Masud, Muktar Ali, Shubhashish Roy, Tareq Aziz, Shahazada Hossain, Emon Ahmed and Khairul Alam.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/23/spt.html

MohammedC
November 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
Biman

CLUB OVERVIEW (2)
Biman aim to end
title drought
Azad Majumder
Biman Bangladesh Airlines, the traditional powerhouse of local cricket, are aiming to end their long trophy drought when they will play in the upcoming Dhaka Premier Cricket League.
Runners-up to Abahani and Mohammedan SC respectively in two of the last three seasons, Biman last won the coveted title in 1999-2000 when a bizarre format of 80-over league was held.
The last decade was dominated by Old DOHS and Abahani, but Biman still maintained their status as strong challengers for the title and the club officials and players said this time it will not be any exception.
Despite many chopping and changing in the other sides, Biman almost retained their last year’s team that had staged a remarkable comeback in the super league after three consecutive defeats almost ruined their campaign.
Only Mehrab Hossain Jr (Old DOHS), Tareq Aziz (Mohammedan) and Imran Ahmed (Prime Doleshwar) have left the club, but Biman officials said it won’t affect them much.
Biman have added just two players – all-rounder Dollar Mahmud from Mohammedan and Monwar Hossain from Khelaghar – to their squad. They will bolster the pace attack, led by Shafiul Islam and Talha Jubair.
Skipper Sanuar Hossain also has enough confidence in spinners duo Elias Sunny and Mosharraf Rubel, though they are not as good as a few others spinners of the rival sides.
Sunny, who recently showed his all-round quality in the NCL final for Dhaka, is providing Sanuar the best hopes.
‘He was the highest wicket-taker along with Suhash [Shafiul] and I am sure he will maintain the form this time,’ said Sanuar, who is leading the club for the last seven years and has a big say in the team selection unlike the captains of the other sides.
Batting is, however, a concern for Sanuar despite the presence of Jahirul Islam and Mushfiqur Rahim. Sanuar hoped that with the arrival of their foreign players they will be able to overcome the problem.
One big headache for Biman is, however, getting quality foreign players, said Sanuar.
‘The World Cup cricket is barely two months away and at this stage no big player wants to leave home. They want to be in the eyes of the selectors which made it really difficult for us,’ he said.
Biman last year fielded Sri Lankan Jehan Mubarak but this year he is not interested for the same reason. Indian players are also unavailable for the ongoing Ranji Trophy, making the Pakistani players an obvious choice for them.
‘We are in touch with a few Pakistani players. But I can’t tell the names as none gave us any firm commitment,’ Sanuar said.

S q u a d
Abhishek Mitra, Jahirul Islam, Tushar Imran, Mushfiqur Rahim, Sharifullah, Elias Sunny, Mosharraf Rubel, Dollar Mahmud, Shafiul Islam, Talha Jubair, Monwar Hossain, Sanuar Hossain, Hasanuzzaman, Sazzad Kadir, Shariful Haque, Niaz Murshed and Mushfiqur Rahim.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/24/spt.html

MohammedC
November 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
Abahani

CLUB OVERVIEW (3)
Abahani seek to regain title
Atif Azam
Abahani Limited, who missed out on their fourth consecutive Dhaka Premier League title last season, will be seeking to revive their fortune when they start their campaign this season.
Abahani were extremely unlucky not to have won the league for a record fourth time in a row as they went down to arch-rivals Mohammedan SC in the last match. Mohammedan skipper Khaled Mashud struck a boundary in the last ball to take his side home and lift their first league title in eight years.
The defeat not only cost Abahani the record, but also took them to third position. Abahani held their former skipper Sakib al Hasan responsible for the tragedy as they thought his field placing in the decisive final ball was inappropriate.
An insulted and disheartened Sakib left the club this season for Mohammedan, but Abahani remained confident that they can do without him. In total they lost six players to other sides during the transfers but added nine players to bolster the squad.
Apart from Sakib, Abahani lost Shubhashish Roy and Muktar Ali to Mohammedan, Nasir Hossain to Gazi Tank Cricketers, Arafat Sunny to Kalabagan KC and Nadif Chowdhury to newcomers Prime Doleshwar.
Masud Iqbal Mamun, the cricket operations manager of Abahani, is hopeful that their departures would not affect the club.
‘We have got quality replacements in every department,’ Mamun told New Age.
The apparent replacement for Sakib is Mahmudullah, who played the key role in Mohamme-dan’s win against Abahani with a brilliant half-century in the last game. Abahani also prised Marshal Ayub and Saqlain Sajib from Mohammedan to add some variety to their spin attack.
Tapash Baishya and Hannan Sarker joined them from Surjo Tarun while all-rounder Farhad Hossain joined from Gazi Tanks. Abul Hossain of Old DOHS and promising under-19 players Anamul Haq and Alauddin Babu were added to the squad.
‘We have a very balanced side and I hope it is good enough to win the championship,’ said coach Khaled Mahmud, who spurned the BCB job to join the club. Mahmud, however, underlined the necessity of signing quality foreign players.
‘The foreign recruits would be very vital. We need an experienced player who could be used as a third seamer,’ he said.
Veteran Mohammad Rafique and Mahmudullah will lead their spin attack and Saqlain is there to provide them the back-up. Mashrafee bin Murtaza and Tapash will remain at the forefront of their pace attack.
Imrul Kayes along
with Rony Talukder, Marshal, Farhad, Anamul and wicketkeeper Sahgir Hossain will provide the backbone to their batting line-up.

S q u a d
Rony Talukder, Imrul Kayes, Hannan Sarker, Marshal Ayub, Farhad Hossain, Sahgir Hossain, Anamul Haq, Mahmudullah, Mashrafee bin Mortuza, Mohammad Rafique, Saqlain Sajib, Tapash Baishya, Alauddin Babu and Abul Hossain.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/25/spt.html

Ajfar
November 24, 2010, 05:48 PM
Fazal mamu apni koi? Biman er thread khulen. ami apnar sathe achi.

nycpro96
November 24, 2010, 05:50 PM
Mohammaden looks very promising in terms of talent.

MohammedC
November 24, 2010, 05:52 PM
Does anyone have any idea when DPL will start ?

Night_wolf
November 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
Modon er supporter ra tomra harbe ebar..sobsomoy er moto!:D

abahoni!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 08:52 PM
:up:Modon er supporter ra tomra harbe ebar..sobsomoy er moto!:D

mac
November 24, 2010, 09:16 PM

apamoni supporter ra ebar sesh.

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 09:20 PM
apamoni supporter ra ebar sesh.

:lol::lol::lol::floor::floor::floor:
i'm a die heart abahoni supporter but couldnt help laughing:D:big_hug:

roman
November 24, 2010, 09:26 PM

:down:
HABAgoni eibar ek futkare uriya jaibe...FOOOO

Night_wolf
November 24, 2010, 09:51 PM
^^hehe roman vai..mathe dakha hobe...modonra ki kore tokhon dakha jabe!

roman
November 24, 2010, 09:54 PM
^ thik ase Haba goni mukh lukanor jaiga pailei hoy :)...

al Furqaan
November 24, 2010, 10:01 PM
they should start DPL after the ZIM series...wish we could get some other F9 team to tour us before world cup, pakis maybe...

Murad
November 24, 2010, 10:03 PM
Does anyone have any idea when DPL will start ?

December 9th, I think.

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 10:04 PM
:down:
HABAgoni eibar ek futkare uriya jaibe...FOOOO

http://i52.tinypic.com/sn18aa.jpg

kothabarta shabdhane....boycott miar dadire vara korsi kintu hmmmm

Murad
November 24, 2010, 10:06 PM
Chi chi apnara shobai eida ki shuru korlen? abahani mohamedan kono team hoilo naki? always starder piche dorai.

Ajfar
November 24, 2010, 10:09 PM
^ hok kotha. shobche bhalo team bangladesh beiman

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
Chi chi apnara shobai eida ki shuru korlen? abahani mohamedan kono team hoilo naki? always starder piche dorai.

now it makes sence

beshideshi
November 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
Cricket Coaching school er team niye world cup o jita jabe, so Abahoni, Mohdamedan, Biman ra ektu boshe thakuk ei bochor

roman
November 24, 2010, 10:29 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/sn18aa.jpg

kothabarta shabdhane....boycott miar dadire vara korsi kintu hmmmm

Mohamedan shanti kaami..Mara mari kata kati haba goni der kei manay...

Night_wolf
November 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
^ hok kotha. shobche bhalo team bangladesh beiman

hehe vai notun pagoler amdani ken koren?:-p

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 11:15 PM
Mohamedan shanti kaami..Mara mari kata kati haba goni der kei manay...

pochamodon shomorthok

http://i52.tinypic.com/nxvtkz.jpg

Ajfar
November 24, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Coaching school er team niye world cup o jita jabe, so Abahoni, Mohdamedan, Biman ra ektu boshe thakuk ei bochor

I really hope they do. This Abahoni Mohamadan mara mari ar bhalo lage na. I wanna see a new champion.

Night_wolf
November 24, 2010, 11:50 PM
^i really enjoy abahoni mohamedan maramari as long as its friendly maramari!

Murad
November 24, 2010, 11:51 PM

Ami achi apnar sathe. I'm also supporting CCS this year.

Ajfar
November 24, 2010, 11:51 PM
^i really enjoy abahoni mohamedan maramari as long as its friendly maramari!

Its all fun and good. but league ta tow khub boring hoiya jai. Shobai shudu mohamadan abahoni niya nachanachi kore. and the other teams don't have much value.

Haru-party
November 24, 2010, 11:54 PM
Its all fun and good. but league ta tow khub boring hoiya jai. Shobai shudu mohamadan abahoni niya nachanachi kore. and the other teams don't have much value.

nah kono vabei jut korte partesina....ekta abahoni vs. mohamedan thread khula lagbo

Ajfar
November 25, 2010, 12:02 AM
^ khulen khulen. khuila kono laab nai. amader bimane golden boy ar tushar imran ase, ar keu lagbe na.

roman
November 25, 2010, 12:05 AM
Mohamedan abahoni are the backbone of our sports...Jokhon ei dui team er khela hoto pura desh dui vaag hoye jeto, misil hoto maramari hoto, jamai bou jhogra hoto . things are not the same anymore. Due to exposure of International games Mohamedan vs abahoni game just dont cut it anymore ...

Haru-party
November 25, 2010, 12:05 AM
^ khulen khulen. khuila kono laab nai. amader bimane golden boy ar tushar imran ase, ar keu lagbe na.

noya noya huzur ghono ghono jikir....biman supporter from 1953

Night_wolf
November 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
nah kono vabei jut korte partesina....ekta abahoni vs. mohamedan thread khula lagbo

khuile felen...argentina vs brazil er che kom jaibena!!:D

Haru-party
November 25, 2010, 12:18 AM

khulbo khulbo shomoy ashuk.....oi amar idea jeno churi na korben abar....copyright amar....american court-a sue kormu

Eshen
November 25, 2010, 02:37 AM
Mohammedan wasted 30 lakhs on Sakib. They would have been better off hiring Naeem or Ashraful who will give their best in domestic leagues to push for a place in the national team.

Rifat
November 25, 2010, 12:08 PM
Mohammedan wasted 30 lakhs on Sakib. They would have been better off hiring Naeem or Ashraful who will give their best in domestic leagues to push for a place in the national team.

Ditto :)

riankhan
November 25, 2010, 01:23 PM

Shobar shamne evabe na khullew hoi........:blush:
Habahoni bole ki .... lozza shorom er balai thakbe na?

Nadim
November 25, 2010, 03:09 PM
Super League is Gazi’s target

Gazi Tank Cricketers will be seeking a remedy for what went wrong in the last Dhaka Premier League when they start their campaign this season.
Gazi spent huge money on local and foreign players last season and yet failed to reach super league, which came as a big shock for the club owned by Gazi Golam Dastagir, a director of the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
The failure prompted Gazi to cut their budget and yet they formed a side that can challenge any side in the league. The club officials, however, said they will be happy if the side can reach the Super League
Gazi lost the services of their two left-arm spinners Abdur Razzak and Sohrawardi Shuvo as well as batsmen Nazimuddin, Farhad Hossain and Farhad Reza.
Promising under-19 leg-spinner Sabbir Rahman and Surjo Tarun’s left-arm spinner Sanjamul Islam replaced Razzak and Sohrawardi while Gazi also roped in Nasir Hossain from Abahani and under-19 left-arm spinner Shaker Ahmed to strengthen their spin attack.
The spinners will be supported by Alok Kapali and Naeem, who along with Shahriar Nafees completed their quota of pool players.
Syed Rasel and Mohammad Al Amin of the National Cricket Academy joined Ziaur Rahman and Kamrul Islam in the pace department. Officials said they are in touch with retired Sri Lankan pacer Chaminda Vaas to add to their seemingly weak pace attack.
Naafees will be at the forefront of their batting line-up that also included promising wicketkeeper-batsman Mithun Ali and they will be followed by a group of all-rounders. Gazi are also hoping to bring in a batsman as their second overseas player.
If they find the desired player, officials hoped they will be a force to reckon with.
‘We will be fighting to get a place in the Super League,’ said Mohammad Kamruzzaman, manager of Gazi Tank.
‘We have got a very young side and hope to put up a good show as a unit,’ he said.

Squad

Shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali, Mithun Ali, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Naeem Islam, Sanjamul Islam, Shaker Ahmed, Syed Rasel, Kamrul Islam, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Al Amin.
http://www.newagebd.com/2010/nov/26/spt.html

++++++++++++++++++

Paji seems to have a good team :o

won't be surprise if both hapani and modons fail to make the semis:waiting:

dash
November 25, 2010, 05:02 PM
Gayl in tank!

http://jugantor.info/enews/issue/2010/11/26/news0852.php

Night_wolf
November 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
^ato pakistani anar mane ki...corrupt korbe amader polapan gulare

Tiger444
November 25, 2010, 10:42 PM
^now now..let's not just generalize every pakistani just because some of them cheated and fixed. I don't think its a bad thing at all. Abdul razzaq was a good player in the dpl from what I remember. Some of them are exciting players so its good for dpl. Wish some indian and lankans would play.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

jisaan
November 26, 2010, 03:46 PM
pochamodon shomorthok

http://i52.tinypic.com/nxvtkz.jpg

who's color is blue?

Eshen
November 27, 2010, 02:14 PM
Squad

Shahriar Nafees, Alok Kapali, Mithun Ali, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Naeem Islam, Sanjamul Islam, Shaker Ahmed, Syed Rasel, Kamrul Islam, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Al Amin.
Gazi picked a young and promising team this season. They will be my favorite for this edition of DPL.

uss01
November 27, 2010, 09:15 PM
Agreed. But Shoaib Malik has been known to have lost on purpose (a domestic t-20 match) 5-6 years ago and has had enough issues that the PCB has banned him temporarily. Yet Mohammedans are still trying to get him!!!

^now now..let's not just generalize every pakistani just because some of them cheated and fixed. I don't think its a bad thing at all. Abdul razzaq was a good player in the dpl from what I remember. Some of them are exciting players so its good for dpl. Wish some indian and lankans would play.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

firstlane
November 27, 2010, 09:48 PM
^now now..let's not just generalize every pakistani just because some of them cheated and fixed. I don't think its a bad thing at all. Abdul razzaq was a good player in the dpl from what I remember. Some of them are exciting players

some of them have been caught but nearly all of them cheated and fixed. There is no question about their quality. In terms of producing talented cricketers pakistan has been the no 1 in the world. After what has been hapening for last few months, they are still going strong. But they are rogue.

jisaan
November 28, 2010, 10:28 AM
pochamodon shomorthok

http://i52.tinypic.com/nxvtkz.jpghttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/abdulw11/Bangladesh%20Football/b20l20Abahani20opening.jpg

now we all know the truth:-p:lol:

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/abdulw11/Bangladesh%20Football/b20l20Abahani20opening.jpg

now we all know the truth:-p:lol:

take that habamoni supporters!!

MSC all the way!!!

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
thread-ta jomtese :D
anyway its a big shame that pochamodon shomorthok gushthi cant come up with something new and totally lost the concept but yes we all know the truth that pochamodon supporters are shanti shomo kami :D

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 11:30 AM
^^hehe...Mohamodon der akhono kichu bolchina...Abahoni VS Mohamodon thread khola hole lathi toloar AK420 nia naime porbo!!

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 11:43 AM
pochamodon shomorthok gushthi cant come up with something new and totally lost the concept but yes we all know the truth that pochamodon supporters are shanti shomo kami :D

lol why dont we go back to the previous post and find out who posted the so called (out of concept) pics :-p so we assume whose who and whose shomo kami :saint:

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
lol why dont we go back to the previous post and find out who posted the so called (out of concept) pics :-p so we assume whose who and whose shomo kami :saint:

thats why i'm saying u have lost the concept....lol what i'm up to?...i forgot these are pochamodon shomorthok...what else can someone expect from them.

jisaan
November 28, 2010, 11:52 AM
thread-ta jomtese :D
anyway its a big shame that pochamodon shomorthok gushthi cant come up with something new and totally lost the concept but yes we all know the truth that pochamodon supporters are shanti shomo kami :D

rotone roton chene....

come'on Mohammedan supporters....
let's thank such guys who 'successfully' unveiled their true color & true (dirty/perverted) nature!

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
thats why i'm saying u have lost the concept....lol what i'm up to?...i forgot these are pochamodon shomorthok...what else can someone expect from them.
lost concept? who? who unveiled their nature? ;-) well you are right.. whats the point of arguing with the habamoni supporters...after all they expose their true outfit by themselves :D :big_hug:
rotone roton chene....

come'on Mohammedan supporters....
let's thank such guys who 'successfully' unveiled their true color & true (dirty/perverted) nature!
hahaha BOWLED :outbad: :down:

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
modonder golabaji valoi choltese

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 12:02 PM
lost concept? who? who unveiled their nature? ;-) well you are right.. whats the point of arguing with the habamoni supporters...after all they expose their true outfit by themselves :D :big_hug:

hahaha BOWLED :outbad: :down:

nijeray nijeder niye lafalafi chirayoto shovab

jisaan
November 28, 2010, 12:07 PM

yes, i got the concept right

this is my 6th year with BC Forum.

and u r the 1st to come up with such dirty concepts....
surely even some of ur 'sane' & 'sage' (sincerely hope there are a few of them) co-supporters wud get ashamed due to such CONCEPT!

feel sorry for them!

hope u wud learn & exercise few cricket-related arts to prove that u r a 'die-hard' supporter in near future

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 12:13 PM

surely even some of ur 'sane' & 'sage' (sincerely hope there are a few of them) co-supporters wud get ashamed due to such CONCEPT!

feel sorry for them!

hope u wud learn & exercise few cricket-related arts to prove that u r a 'die-hard' supporter in near future

Now now jisaan vai...we r just having some fun...no need to go there..

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 12:13 PM

feel sorry for them!

ok...got it now come up with something interesting for god sake
none of my comment is intended to heart someone...just for fun....no personal hard feelings plz...still it someone doesnt like it,feel sbad, dirty, ashamed or whatever for just having some fun i dont give a sh!t.

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
none of my comment is intended to heart someone...just for fun....no personal hard feelings plz...still it someone doesnt like it,feel sbad, dirty, ashamed or whatever for just having some fun i dont give a sh!t.

u should have said that earlier before posting such pic...and now that u did not...we dont give a sh!t of your sh!t :sick:

jisaan
November 28, 2010, 12:26 PM

u should have said that earlier before posting such pic...and now that u did not...we dont give a sh!t of your sh!t :sick:
l-)l-)l-)

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 12:27 PM
^aitai to vallagena..mather dorsokder moto jhogra suru korlen keno apnara...have some fun for crying out loud...Abahoni vs mohamedan fight should alway be fun and friendly..not this sh!t

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 12:30 PM
^aitai to vallagena..mather dorsokder moto jhogra suru korlen keno apnara...have some fun for crying out loud...Abahoni vs mohamedan fight should alway be fun and friendly..not this sh!t

i gave up.....no point arguing here for no reason....ajaira poddari

Murad
November 28, 2010, 12:45 PM
Haru Party oi picture ta keno post korlo etar mane ekhono bujhlam na. Fun kortese thik ache. Onek vabhei fun kora jai kintu tai bole evabhe? :sick:

Mod brothers, please delete the picture. I think its quite disrespectful to these unfortunate human beings. Thanks.

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 12:49 PM

ok now dont take it at personal level....i didnt post it b4 because i thought ppl will understand...but alas.

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 12:51 PM
Haru Party oi picture ta keno post korlo etar mane ekhono bujhlam na. Fun kortese thik ache. Onek vabhei fun kora jai kintu tai bole evabhe? :sick:

Mod brothers, please delete the picture. I think its quite disrespectful to these unfortunate human beings. Thanks.

ok i agree on that...i'm really sorry..didnt think that way

Habib
November 28, 2010, 01:57 PM
He he. Majhe majhe amra bhule jai j faizlamir ekta limit achhe. Khali 'just for fun' bolley public chup thakbena.

roman
November 29, 2010, 10:06 AM
Its all good Haru Party vai, I take that you got to choose "Haba Goni" coz of ur name.Jaar naami Haru party she Mohamedan er mormo ki bujhbe :)..Its all good we understand..

Eshen
December 4, 2010, 08:23 PM
Premier Div from Dec14

The Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis (CCDM) yesterday confirmed that the Premier Division League would start on December 14.

National players will be available for the most coveted limited-overs domestic competition as the last one-dayer against the visiting Zimbabwe will be held on December 12 in Chittagong.

The CCDM has already decided not to hold the Premier T20 cricket.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=164817

al Furqaan
December 5, 2010, 01:35 AM
how many matches will each team play, and have they already engraved "Mohammad Ashraful" on the Man of the Tournament trophy?

roman
December 8, 2010, 03:38 PM
শোয়েব মালিক-ভাস-পোর্টারফিল্ড-ইয়াসির হামিদ-গেইল আসছেন!
ঢাকা লীগে তারকা ক্রিকেটারদের ভিড়
<!-- AddThis Button END -->

http://www.samakal.com.bd/admin/news_images/537/image_537_114593.gif

[বাংলা]ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
নব্বই দশকের শুরুতে আবাহনীর পক্ষে প্রথম যখন খেলতে নামেন রমন লাম্বা, সেদিন দামাল সামার স্মৃতি ক্রিকেট ফাইনাল দেখতে বঙ্গবন্ধু জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে উপচে পড়েছিল দর্শকের ভিড়। লাম্বার আগেও ঢাকার মাঠে বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার খেলেছেন। কিন্তু লাম্বার পরপরই ঢাকার ক্লাবগুলো একটি অলিখিত প্রতিযোগিতায় লিপ্ত হয়েছিল ভালোমানের ক্রিকেটার সংগ্রহে। ক্লাবগুলোর আগ্রহে দর্শকরাও প্রাণভরে উপভোগ করেছেন বিশ্বমানের তারকা ক্রিকেটারদের ব্যাট ও বলের সৌকর্য্য। কয়েক বছর ধরে প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেটে এখন আর ভালো বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার চোখে পড়ে না। অবশ্য ক্ল্লাবগুলো নড়েচড়ে বসায় এবার চামিন্দা ভাস, ক্রিস গেইল, উইলিয়াম পোর্টারফিল্ড, নেইল ও'ব্রেইন, শোয়েব মালিক, ইয়াসির হামিদদের খেলতে দেখা যাবে।
ওয়াসিম আকরাম, অর্জুনা রানাতুঙ্গা, সনাথ জয়াসুরিয়া, মঞ্জুর এলাহি, জহুর এলাহি, সেলিম এলাহি, অজয় জাদেজা, আশিষ কাপুর, নেইল ফেয়ারব্রাদার, হিথ স্ট্রিকদের মতো তারকা ক্রিকেটাররা খেলেছেন প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেটে। তখন জৌলুসও ছিল। 'ক্রিকেট কমিটি অব ঢাকা মেট্রোপলিশ' বা সিসিডিএম নতুন নিয়ম বেঁধে দেওয়ায় এবার ক্লাবগুলোতে দেখা যাবে তারকা ক্রিকেটারদের। বর্তমান চ্যাম্পিয়ন মোহামেডান চূড়ান্ত করেছে পাকিস্তানের সাবেক অধিনায়ক শোয়েব মালিক ও রানা নাভেদকে। মালিক ঐতিহ্যবাহী দলটিতে খেলতে আসছেন তামিম ইকবালের মাধ্যমে। তামিমের ঘনিষ্ঠ বন্ধুদের একজন শোয়েব মালিক। এর জন্য পুরো মৌসুমে ক্লাবটিকে গুনতে হচ্ছে প্রায় ৩৫ হাজার ডলার। দুই পাকিস্তানিকে নেওয়ার বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত করেছেন ক্লাবের কোচ ফাহিম মুনতাসির সুমিত, 'দুই পাকিস্তানির বিষয়টি চূড়ান্ত হয়েছে। তারা লীগ শুরুর আগেই চলে আসবেন।' প্রিমিয়িার লীগ শুরুর তারিখ নির্ধারণ করতে সিসিডিএম ৭ ডিসেম্বর বৈঠকে বসছে। শিরোপা ধরে রাখতে মরিয়া ঐতিহ্যবাহী দলটি এবার তামিমের পাশাপাশি ৩০ লাখ টাকায় সাকিবকে দলভুক্ত করেছে। আরেক শিরোপাপ্রত্যাশী আবাহনী চাইছে দুই পাকিস্তানি আবদুল রাজ্জাক ও মোহাম্মদ হাফিজকে। অবশ্য এ দু'জনকে না পাওয়ার সম্ভাবনা বেশি। যেহেতু পাঁচ ক্রিকেটারকে নিবন্ধন করতে পারবে একটি ক্লাব, এ নিয়মে দু'জনকে বাদ রেখে আবাহনী আইরিশ অধিনায়ক পোর্টারফিল্ড, উইকেটকিপার ব্যাটসম্যান নেইল ও'ব্রেইন, ভারতের দুই রঞ্জি ক্রিকেটার ম্যানহাস ও ইয়াশপাল সিংয়ের দিকে হাত বাড়িয়েছে। এর মধ্যে দুই ভারতীয় ছাড়াও পোর্টারফিল্ডের খেলা নিশ্চিত বলে জানিয়েছেন দলের কোচ খালেদ মাহমুদ সুজন। 'রাজ্জাক ও হাফিজকে চেষ্টা করা হয়েছিল। পাওয়া যায়নি। তাই ম্যানহাস, ইয়াশপাল সিং ও পোর্টারফিল্ডকে চূড়ান্ত করেছে আবাহনী।' ক্লাব কর্মকর্তা জালাল ইউনুস বলেছেন, 'তাদের সঙ্গে কথা হচ্ছে। আমাদের ইচ্ছা রঞ্জি ক্রিকেটার খেলানো।'
প্রতি বছরই বিগ বাজেটের দল গড়ে গাজী ট্যাংক। শক্তিশালী দল গড়েও শেষ পর্যন্ত টিকে থাকতে পারে না শিরোপা লড়াইয়ে। নবীন-প্রবীণের সমন্বয়ে গাজী এবার বেশ গোছানো দল। প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেটে প্রথমবারের মতো চ্যাম্পিয়ন হতে শ্রীলংকার সাবেক অলরাউন্ডার চামিন্দা ভাসকে নিশ্চিত করেছে দলটি। কথা বলছে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের সাবেক অধিনায়ক ড্যাশিং ওপেনার ক্রিস গেইলের সঙ্গে। বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার প্রসঙ্গে ক্লাবের ম্যানেজার পাভেল রহমান জানিয়েছেন, 'আমরা চ্যাম্পিয়ন হতে চাই। তাই ভাসকে নিয়েছি। গেইলকেও হয়তো দেখা যাবে। তার সঙ্গে কথা অনেক দূর এগিয়েছে।' শোনা যায়, গেইলকে গাজী পাঁচ ম্যাচের জন্য চাইছে। এর জন্য গেইলের দাবি ম্যাচপ্রতি ১০ হাজার ডলার। গাজী বলেছে ৮ হাজার ডলার। তাদের ছাড়াও গাজী কথা বলেছিল দুই অসি ক্রিকেটার ম্যাথু হেইডেন ও অ্যান্ড্রু সায়মন্ডসের সঙ্গে। ম্যাচপ্রতি দু'জনকে গাজীর প্রস্তাব ছিল ১৬ হাজার ডলার। তাদের দাবি ছিল ২০ হাজার ডলার। কিন্তু শেষ মুহূর্তে অ্যাশেজ কাভার করার জন্য দু'জন আসতে রাজি হননি। বিমান শ্রীলংকার সাবেক টেস্ট ক্রিকেটার জেহান মোবারককে চেয়েছিল। কিন্তু বোর্ডের সঙ্গে চুক্তি থাকায় আসতে পারছেন না তিনি। তাই বিমান হাত বাড়িয়েছে পাকিস্তানের দিকে। বিমানের পক্ষে বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করছেন আলী আহসান বাবু। দলের ক্রিকেটার হাসানুজ্জামান ঝড়ূ জানিয়েছেন,' ইয়াসির হামিদ ও জিসান ভাট খেলতে আসছেন।' হামিদ বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষে অভিষেক টেস্টে উভয় ইনিংসে সেঞ্চুরি করেছিলেন। জিসান ফয়সালাবাদের ক্রিকেটার। এক সময়কার শক্তিশালী দল ওল্ড ডিওএইচএস চুক্তি করছে রাশেদ হানিফ ও বেলাল রহমানের সঙ্গে।
অন্য দলগুলোও সবাই চেষ্টা চালাচ্ছে ভালোমানের ক্রিকেটার আনতে। কেননা এ মৌসুমে সিসিডিএম শর্ত জুড়ে দিয়েছে ক্লাবগুলোকে প্রথম শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটার আনতে। শর্ত জুড়ে দেওয়ায় হয়তো এবার বিশ্বমানের ক্রিকেটারদের দেখা যাবে ঢাকার মাঠ মাতাতে। [/বাংলা]

www.shamokal.com (http://www.shamokal.com)

Looks like our condition will not be mysterious to WI and Ireland as our DPL clubs want WI and Irish captain to play

Raynman
December 8, 2010, 06:16 PM
Looks like IRE and WI will get some familiarity with our pitches but competition in the DPL is most welcome.

Hopefully SN can learn to play swing with Vaas in the nets.

M.H.Rubel
December 9, 2010, 01:02 AM
So only 5 days to go!Kheyal e kri nai!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MohammedC
December 12, 2010, 06:57 PM
Break from international series for cricketers now the attention will shift towards DPL. Any idea about fixture.

Mahir
December 12, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, Mohammedan are not getting Shoaib Malik, as PCB didn't clear him to play in DPL. Kamran Akmal was not mentioned in the Shomokal article, but he too has been denied permission to come over.

Is there a list of the squads published anywhere yet ?

Naimul_Hd
December 12, 2010, 10:50 PM
what is the prize money for winning the cup ?? the teams are spending way too much chasing big names.

jisaan
December 13, 2010, 02:20 AM
Looks like IRE and WI will get some familiarity with our pitches but competition in the DPL is most welcome.

Hopefully SN can learn to play swing with Vaas in the nets.

Please keep the irish away from this year's DPL!
this is going to backfire in the World Cup!

Porterfield & Neil O'Brien are important members of ireland team. we should not give them the opportunity to acclimatize with our condition & leading bowlers!

Abahani must refrain themselves from this self-destructive decision.

Nadim
December 13, 2010, 04:04 AM
Well, Mohammedan are not getting Shoaib Malik, as PCB didn't clear him to play in DPL. Kamran Akmal was not mentioned in the Shomokal article, but he too has been denied permission to come over.

Is there a list of the squads published anywhere yet ?

Mohamedan
Squad
Tamim Iqbal, Sakib al Hasan, Faisal Hossain, Shamsur Rahman, Nafees Iqbal, Nazimuddin, Khaled Mashud, Enamul Haque Jr, Nur Hossain, Fariduddin Masud, Muktar Ali, Shubhashish Roy, Tareq Aziz, Shahazada Hossain, Emon Ahmed and Khairul Alam.

++++++++++++++++++

Biman
Squad
Abhishek Mitra, Jahirul Islam, Tushar Imran, Mushfiqur Rahim, Sharifullah, Elias Sunny, Mosharraf Rubel, Dollar Mahmud, Shafiul Islam, Talha Jubair, Monwar Hossain, Sanuar Hossain, Hasanuzzaman, Sazzad Kadir, Shariful Haque, Niaz Murshed and Mushfiqur Rahim.

+++++++++++++

Abahani
Squad
Rony Talukder, Imrul Kayes, Hannan Sarker, Marshal Ayub, Farhad Hossain, Sahgir Hossain, Anamul Haq, Mahmudullah, Mashrafee bin Mortuza, Mohammad Rafique, Saqlain Sajib, Tapash Baishya, Alauddin Babu and Abul Hossain.

+++++++++++++

Gazi Tank

Squad

++++++++++++++++++++

That's what i know so far through newagebd.com. These players have been confirmed by the team thus far.

Raynman
December 13, 2010, 09:23 AM
Does anyone have the fixture?

Shaan
December 13, 2010, 09:30 AM
expecting a good contest, four major teams look very balanced. First support Abahani then Gazi..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

riankhan
December 13, 2010, 12:24 PM
Lets join the DPL fantasy league: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1246999#post1246999

Thanks to MohammedC vai :)

Mahir
December 13, 2010, 12:24 PM
thanks nadim :) i don't see Ashraful anywhere... hehe - sign of good things to come!

Habib
December 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
thanks nadim :) i don't see Ashraful anywhere... hehe - sign of good things to come!

Indeed. Now a days only low profile clubs like Cricket Coaching School are interested in him.

MohammedC
December 13, 2010, 12:55 PM
Lets join the DPL fantasy league: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1246999#post1246999

Thanks to MohammedC vai :)

Thanks rian. For posting the link here. So far 3 BC members have posted their team. I know few others will join. 20 would be good number.

MohammedC
December 13, 2010, 04:08 PM
CCDM forced to defer league
Staff Correspondent
The ongoing renovation works at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium and the Fatullah stadium forced the Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis to defer the Dhaka Premier League, which was scheduled to begin today.
The top domestic one-day competition may now begin on December 17, though the organisers are still unsure when the construction works will be finally completed.
‘We were told by the National Sports Council that Abacus, the firm which is installing the floodlights at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, will still need a week to fix lights at the venue. They have requested us to wait until December 20,’ said Quazi Ainul Islam, the coordinator of CCDM.
CCDM also blamed the NSC for not handing over the Fatullah stadium, another designated venue for the league. NSC was supposed to handover the venue on December 14, but Ainul said some construction works are still ongoing.
‘The bathroom has not completed and the
water supply line is also out of order. The players and officials of the clubs also refused to play because of the noise created by the renovation works,’ he said.
Ainul said their decision has no relation with the absence of national players, who were given a four-day rest after the Zimbabwe series.
The new date for the league is likely to be fixed at a meeting of the CCDM today.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/14/spt.html

Mahir
December 13, 2010, 05:27 PM
Indeed. Now a days only low profile clubs like Cricket Coaching School are interested in him.

And maybe a commentating job alongside the evergeen CZS and SAC! I'm getting the shivers...:sick:

firstlane
December 14, 2010, 06:34 AM
CCDM forced to defer league
Staff Correspondent
The ongoing renovation works at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium and the Fatullah stadium forced the Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis to defer the Dhaka Premier League, which was scheduled to begin today.
The top domestic one-day competition may now begin on December 17, though the organisers are still unsure when the construction works will be finally completed.
‘We were told by the National Sports Council that Abacus, the firm which is installing the floodlights at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, will still need a week to fix lights at the venue. They have requested us to wait until December 20,’ said Quazi Ainul Islam, the coordinator of CCDM.
CCDM also blamed the NSC for not handing over the Fatullah stadium, another designated venue for the league. NSC was supposed to handover the venue on December 14, but Ainul said some construction works are still ongoing.
‘The bathroom has not completed and the
water supply line is also out of order. The players and officials of the clubs also refused to play because of the noise created by the renovation works,’ he said.
Ainul said their decision has no relation with the absence of national players, who were given a four-day rest after the Zimbabwe series.
The new date for the league is likely to be fixed at a meeting of the CCDM today.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/14/spt.html

Why cant we move the league to sharjah or south africa?

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 12:59 PM
[বাংলা]
ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট শুরু হচ্ছে রবিবার

০০ স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার

১৮ ডিসেম্বর ধানমন্ডি ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে (আবাহনী মাঠ) ২০১০-২০১১ মৌসুমের ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লীগ শুরু হবে। উদ্বোধনী খেলায় অংশ নিবে ঢাকা মোহামেডান স্পোর্টিং বনাম ওরিয়েন্ট স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব।

একইদিন বিমান ক্রিকেট টিম ও প্রাইম দোলেশ্বর স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব এবং আবাহনী লিমিটেড ও সূর্যতরুণ ক্লাবের মধ্যকার খেলা দু'টি যথাক্রমে রাজশাহী ও বগুয়ায় অনুষ্ঠিত হবে।

লীগে অংশনেয়া অন্য দলগুলো হচ্ছে : কলাবাগান ক্রীড়া চক্র, ভিক্টোরিয়া স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব, ক্রিকেট কোচিং স্কুল (সিসিএস), ওর্ল্ড ডিওএইচএস স্পোর্টস ক্লাব, গাজী ট্যাংক ক্রিকেটার্স ও বিকেএসপি।

[/বাংলা]

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/12/15/news0310.htm

DPL Starts from Sunday the 18th of December.

Day 1 fixture will be between

Dhaka Mohamedan V Orient Sporting Club @ Dhanmondi Stadium

Bangladesh Biman V Prime Doleshhor Sporting Club @ Rajshahi

Abahani Ltd V Surjo Tharun @ Bogura

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
Please join the fantasy league. All you have to do is go to this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35027 and choose 11 players for the whole season (DPL one day only). You dont have to make any change during the season. Keeping it as simple as possible.

Thanks to

Nadim
riankhan
rinathq
Shehwar
Night_Wolf
Tiger444

For posting your teams already. Still waiting on Murad, bangladesh_sy, rifat. Plus all of you. You have till 17th to post your team.

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 01:11 PM
[বাংলা]
ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট শুরু হচ্ছে রবিবার

০০ স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার

১৮ ডিসেম্বর ধানমন্ডি ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে (আবাহনী মাঠ) ২০১০-২০১১ মৌসুমের ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লীগ শুরু হবে। উদ্বোধনী খেলায় অংশ নিবে ঢাকা মোহামেডান স্পোর্টিং বনাম ওরিয়েন্ট স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব।

একইদিন বিমান ক্রিকেট টিম ও প্রাইম দোলেশ্বর স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব এবং আবাহনী লিমিটেড ও সূর্যতরুণ ক্লাবের মধ্যকার খেলা দু'টি যথাক্রমে রাজশাহী ও বগুয়ায় অনুষ্ঠিত হবে।

লীগে অংশনেয়া অন্য দলগুলো হচ্ছে : কলাবাগান ক্রীড়া চক্র, ভিক্টোরিয়া স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব, ক্রিকেট কোচিং স্কুল (সিসিএস), ওর্ল্ড ডিওএইচএস স্পোর্টস ক্লাব, গাজী ট্যাংক ক্রিকেটার্স ও বিকেএসপি।

[/বাংলা]

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/12/15/news0310.htm

DPL Starts from Sunday the 18th of December.

Day 1 fixture will be between

Dhaka Mohamedan V Orient Sporting Club @ Dhanmondi Stadium

Bangladesh Biman V Prime Doleshhor Sporting Club @ Rajshahi

Abahani Ltd V Surjo Tharun @ Bogura

if they were going to use Dhanmondi, Rajshahi, & Bogra, why the hell they were talking about the world cup grounds?
completely puzzled!:sick:

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 01:13 PM
well that settles the problem about foreign players getting used to our condition............. :)

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 01:15 PM
PARTIAL FIXTURES
Dec 18: Mohammedan v Orient at Dhanmondi
Biman v Prime Doleshwar at Rajshahi
Abahani v Surjo Torun at Bogra
Dec 19: Kalabagan v BKSP at Bogra
Victoria v Gazi Tank at Rajshahi
CCS v Old DOHS at BKSP
Dec 21: Mohammedan v Prime Doleshwar at Rajshahi
Biman v Surjo Torun at Bogra
Abahani v BKSP at BKSP
Dec 22: Kalabagan v Gazi Tank at BKSP
Victoria v Old DOHS at Rajshahi
CCS v Orient at Bogra

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166103

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 01:21 PM
if they were going to use Dhanmondi, Rajshahi, & Bogra, why the hell they were talking about the world cup grounds?
completely puzzled!:sick:

I think they wanted to play maximum number of games in Dhaka specially in Mirpur and Fatullah. But they should look at the bright side. If I am not mistaken this is the first time DPL will be played in Bogura and Rajshahi. And we have seen picture during NCL those stadium were almost full.

Habib
December 14, 2010, 01:25 PM
That solves the foreign players issue.

Murad
December 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
Please join the fantasy league. All you have to do is go to this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35027 and choose 11 players for the whole season (DPL one day only). You dont have to make any change during the season. Keeping it as simple as possible.

Thanks to

Nadim
riankhan
rinathq
Shehwar
Night_Wolf
Tiger444

For posting your teams already. Still waiting on Murad, bangladesh_sy, rifat. Plus all of you. You have till 17th to post your team.

Oh didn't notice the new thread. I thought its the old thread. I think I posted a team in the old one. I will make some changes.

riankhan
December 14, 2010, 03:35 PM
Please join the fantasy league. All you have to do is go to this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35027 and choose 11 players...
Still waiting on Murad, bangladesh_sy, rifat. Plus all of you. You have till 17th to post your team.

Also expecting BK, KP, Z, ATMR, TE, 1n2, HP (pls add vai) and many more alphabets to join BC-DPL-FL by MC vai
BR
RK

Brit-boy
December 15, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hopefully, kapali scores big in this league, and gets back into the b'desh xi, and makes sylhetis proud!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

lamisa
December 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166230

DPL preview by our very own mohammad isam

Nadim
December 16, 2010, 01:35 PM
Top trio targets title

Defending champions Mohammedan Sporting Club take on Orient Sporting Club at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium in one of three opening day matches of the Premier Cricket League tomorrow.

Their arch-rivals Abahani take on Surjo Tarun at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra while Bangladesh Biman face the other promoted side Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club.

Mohammedan, Abahani and Biman are the primary title aspirants with Kalabagan Krira Chakra, Cricket Coaching School (CCS) and Victoria Sporting Club targeting a place in the Super League as their primary goal.

Former national captain Khaled Mashud, who oversees the Motijheel giants' training at the Dhanmondi Cricket Academy (DCA) ground, said that a team like Mohammedan would never be happy with anything less than the title.

"Big teams are never happy with number two. I think we would not be happy with just a Super League place since we have a very good team. But we have to do well in the field to take the title," said Mohammedan's senior player Mashud.

"We have a good mix of local and national players like Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal, as well as some very good foreign recruits like Moeen Ali and Farveez Maharoof," he added.

Shakib's transfer from Abahani made a lot of news but the Dhanmondi giants, who conceded the title to Mohammedan in a final-ball finish last season, are again in the title-race. "We are going to fight for the championship," said Abahani cricket committee's vice-president Jalal Yunus.

"We are very serious about our target and that's why we have acquired the services of Khaled Mahmud as our coach. He will instil professionalism among the players," added the former national cricketer.

Abahani filled Shakib's gap by pulling Mahmudullah Riyad and also has the likes of Tapash Baisya, Farhad Hossain, Hannan Sarkar, Saqlain Sajib, Alauddin Babu, Abul Hasan, Marshall Ayub and wicketkeeper Anamul Haque, in addition to the previous season's Mohammad Rafique, Sahagir Hossain, Imrul Kayes and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza.

"We have also brought in the Australian Lee Carseldine and Yashpal Singh from India," informed Jalal.

Biman is probably the only other team in the Premier League with title hopes, though CCS and Kalabagan will have something to say about that as they have acquired the services of Mohammad Ashraful for the season.

But the national airliner has some handy players in Jahurul Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shafiul Islam, Elias Sunny as well as foreign recruits Jehan Mubarak and Pakistani all-rounder Jisan Butt.

"We will go for the title. We have a good enough team with some good batsmen and four all-rounders," said Biman coach Ahmed Faiyaz Shahin.

Victoria, the other team that qualified for the Super League last season, are also targeting a similar situation this year. The club's joint secretary Mohammad Hasibuddin Siddiquee said that they would bank on a youthful side to bring them success. "We would like to reach the Super League and take it from there. We have a good, young side and our fielding is one of our strengths," said Hasibuddin, who also informed that Pakistani all-rounder Arsalan Mir and batsman Mohammad Sami are their foreign recruits.

Underachievers Gazi Tank are also pursuing a place in the top six, though their coach Mohammad Salahuddin wants the players to do well under pressure. "I think it will be very important to do well when the chips are down. That will be our strength," he said.

"We are practicing at the BKSP and we have very good team spirit. But we are lacking in the pace bowling department," added Salahuddin.

Alok Kapali, Shahriar Nafees and Syed Rasel would add experience to an otherwise young side that has the likes of Nasir Hossain, Mithun Ali and Sanzamul Islam, among others.

Former champions Old DOHS will bank on the experience of Aftab Ahmed, Mehrab Hossain, Nabil Samad and their Pakistani all-rounder Rashed Hanif. Tanvir Haider would add to the team's spin bowling department.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166346

Good to see Moeen Ali is coming to BD.....He is Shak's team mate in Worcestershire :D:fanflag:

Tiger Manc
December 16, 2010, 01:51 PM
^^^ yeah definitely. Great guy. I know a few people who know him and I'm sure he's the one that has made Shak feel at home at Worcs. I've bumped into him round birmingham as well. He scored a golden duck against us in Derby though. I think it was Robiul Islam who got him out.

MohammedC
December 16, 2010, 03:23 PM
Top trio targets title

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166346

Good to see Moeen Ali is coming to BD.....He is Shak's team mate in Worcestershire :D:fanflag:

I just opened a thread in WCCC forum. Lets see how they respond.

Murad
December 16, 2010, 03:24 PM
Even the deshi writers are ignoring the underdogs. Isam and co writing articles about the top guns but ignoring the smaller clubs. may be a line or two for them.

I saw preview for all the top teams but none for the poorer teams. Not fair.

I wonder why we criticize the Cricinfo website? They at-least write articles about the underdogs like Bangladesh.

roman
December 16, 2010, 03:28 PM
Even the deshi writers are ignoring the underdogs. Isam and co writing articles about the top guns but ignoring the smaller clubs. may be a line or two for them.

I saw preview for all the top teams but none for the poorer teams. Not fair.

I wonder why we criticize the Cricinfo website? They at-least write articles about the underdogs like Bangladesh.

ignoring a club and ignoring a country are 2 different things brother....

Murad
December 16, 2010, 03:36 PM
ignoring a club and ignoring a country are 2 different things brother....

i didn't say its same. this was just an example. shobai chai boro team niye likhte..but choto team gulor jonne likhar shomoi pai na.

MohammedC
December 16, 2010, 03:49 PM
Can someone tell me what is wrong in post number 86?? . Ittefaq report posted by me.

16th - Thursday
17th - Friday
18th - Saturday
19th - Sunday

A lesson learnt by me. Should never have trusted Bangla Newspaper until it happens.

So when does it start.

roman
December 16, 2010, 04:01 PM
i didn't say its same. this was just an example. shobai chai boro team niye likhte..but choto team gulor jonne likhar shomoi pai na.

Thats public demand for you. Soto club team niye beshi kisu likhle shei newspaper ki cholbe bolen? Its all about business brother...

Nadim
December 16, 2010, 04:05 PM
Can someone tell me what is wrong in post number 86?? . Ittefaq report posted by me.

16th - Thursday
17th - Friday
18th - Saturday
19th - Sunday

A lesson learnt by me. Should never have trusted Bangla Newspaper until it happens.

So when does it start.

its starts on saturday;18th dec.

i trust newagebd.com and it says there it will start from 18th.

MohammedC
December 16, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mohammedan brought Moeen following a suggestion from their skipper Sakib al Hasan, who played county cricket with him for Worcestershire this season. Farveez on the other hand, played for Mohammedan last season and helped them regain the coveted league title after eight years.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/17/spt.html

Shakib noooo.

My new year wish. "Shakib continues to suck at domestic cricket". (only in domestic cricket.)

roman
December 16, 2010, 05:15 PM
OK Mohammad vai Shak ke bole debo jate habagonir shathe jate kharap khele. Spot fixing er blame tao apnar upor diye debo :)

riankhan
December 16, 2010, 07:22 PM

Shakib noooo.

My new year wish. "Shakib continues to suck at domestic cricket". (only in domestic cricket.)

Yah....atleast we will be able to say "we dont need Shak's performance to become champion"....at the end of the season :lol:
Tobe Habahonir chance ache super league khelar.......mark my wo.. ;)

Habib
December 17, 2010, 12:20 AM
^So predictable. Anyway, Moeen won't be able to save Mohamodon from embarrassment.

Night_wolf
December 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
^moeen k dakte pocha modon er match dakhar icha na thakleo dakhe jaoa lagbe:)

riankhan
December 17, 2010, 08:03 AM
^moeen k dakte pocha modon er match dakhar icha na thakleo dakhe jaoa lagbe:)

আপনার কস্ট দেখে, আমি প্রায় কেদেই ফেলেছিলাম। এত কস্ট করে যেয়েন না দাদা।
অবশ্য গেলে ফ্রী খেলা দেখতে পারবেন......কারন হাবা supporter দের জন্য ফ্রী এন্ট্রি :lol:

Night_wolf
December 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
^chi chi dada ami pochmodon der khela free dakhina..2ana vikha vebe dibone:)

Isam
December 17, 2010, 09:32 AM

not to be left out of the conversation, I did a preview of the 'smaller' teams the day before for the December 16 paper. Of course nobody noticed!

here's the link:

Actually I love writing about the smaller teams because I've played in them mostly.

Isam
December 17, 2010, 09:34 AM
Thats public demand for you. Soto club team niye beshi kisu likhle shei newspaper ki cholbe bolen? Its all about business brother...

Naimul_Hd
December 17, 2010, 09:43 AM
^ off topic:

Isam bhai, parle Ian pont ke rakhar jonno ekhoni contract extend korar bepare kichu ekta likhen, jate BCB official s der nojor e pore. ta na hole WC porjonto wait korle, Pont onno kothao chole jete pare. amader BCB officials der mathae buddhi ektu beshi to tai ! chaile BC te Ian Pont er interview reference hishabe dekhate paren !

roman
December 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
Good point Naimul vai. Isam Vai er joralo lekhuni khub dorkar BCBr tonok noranor jonno. Kintu kotha holo BCB je kumvokorno, tar ghum ki vangbe?

riankhan
December 17, 2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks Isam vai. Becoming a fan of your keyboard!

MohammedC
December 17, 2010, 12:26 PM
Roman/Habib or anyone else who has not submitted teams for DPL fantasy league. Please do it ASAP. you have roughly 9 and half hour left. You only have to select your team once. Just go to "simulation and fantasy section" and go to DPL fantasy league thread.

So far we have 18 teams.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Odhora
December 17, 2010, 12:28 PM
এই খেলা গুলু কি টিভি তে দেখাবে?

গতবার দেশ টিভি দেখাইছিল। ওদের broadcasting quality অনেক ভাল ATN Bangla থেকে।

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 05:42 AM
Any update will be more than welcome.

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 06:31 AM
Mohammedan 258/8
Nazim 78
Shamsur 50
Shakib 24
Tamim 20
Moyeen 10

Orient 144

Robiul 43
Maharoof & Enamul 2 wkts
Munna & Moyeen 1 wkt each

Congrats Mohammedan:notworthy:

i was present at the ground. was a good outing for me.

Night_wolf
December 18, 2010, 06:40 AM
^vai moyeen ali ke kemon daklen?..how is he geting along with other players?:)

Nadim
December 18, 2010, 06:47 AM
Abahani won by 6 wickets against Surjo Torun

Biman beat Dolleshor ACC by 5 wickets.

Haru-party
December 18, 2010, 06:59 AM
congrats abahoni....modonder ki obostha?

Rifat
December 18, 2010, 08:01 AM

Shakib noooo.

Domestic cricket is the arena where Shakib and other international Players who have firmly cemented their position in the national XI (Imrul Kayes) {Many BC fans hate him for his approach, like it or not this guy scores runs when it matters!} well, my point is domestic cricket is the place where you "experiment" with your batting approach. i.e. try out new shots, build upon your strike rate etc etc.

Jamie Siddons and the Bangladeshi Batting coaches should advise the players on to how to go about their batting approach and experiment. because players who are in the national team have no room for error in international matches, but you should sort out technical issues in domestic matches(where there is room for error and before you try it out in international cricket, why not try it out a couple of times/"test run" where things are far more easier for you)

I hope this domestic competition yields the best of preparation for our boys before the world cup.

i mean ideally, this is our best chance to win the world cup, the next time we get a world cup match in Bangladesh may not be for decades...

:flag:

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
^^^ you don't experiment with your batting when someone pays you 20 to 30 lakhs for 12 to 15 games. And even if you do you keep it to yourself

Rifat
December 18, 2010, 08:34 AM
^^^ you don't experiment with your batting when someone pays you 20 to 30 lakhs for 12 to 15 games. And even if you do you keep it to yourself

true.

amar11432
December 18, 2010, 09:06 AM
^^ Just contradicted ur position???

Nadim
December 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
Fixtures for first 2 round

18th Dec 2010
- Abahani Limited v Surjo Torun Club....Abahani WON by 6 wickets
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines v Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club...Biman WON by 5 wickets
- Mohammedan Sporting Club v Orient Sporting Club...Mohammedan WON by 144 runs

19th Dec 2010
- Cricket Coaching School v Old DOHS Sports Club @ BKSP No 2 Ground, Savar
- Gazi Tank Cricketers v Victoria Sporting Club @ Shahid Kamruzzaman Stadium, Rajshahi
- Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan v Kala Bagan Krira Chackra @ Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra

21st Dec 2010
- Abahani Limited v Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan @ BKSP No 2 Ground, Savar
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines v Surjo Torun Club @ Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra
- Mohammedan Sporting Club v Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club @ Shahid Kamruzzaman Stadium, Rajshahi

22nd Dec 2010
-Cricket Coaching School v Orient Sporting Club @ Shaheed Chandu Stadium, Bogra
-Gazi Tank Cricketers v Kala Bagan Krira Chackra @ BKSP No 2 Ground, Savar
-Old DOHS Sports Club v Victoria Sporting Club @ Shahid Kamruzzaman Stadium, Rajshahi

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 09:44 AM
^vai moyeen ali ke kemon daklen?..how is he geting along with other players?:)

predominantly a calm character. seemed to be an introvert.... may be it would take some more time for him to get used to the new environment.

and, also, from shakib's information, we already know that they are used to such cool & calm approach over there....

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2010December/SM/premier-league-sm20101218174331.jpg

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=5ed9f910a5a0bb195a269bda9d82a f81&nttl=2010121821010

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 11:03 AM
Mahmudullah Riyad 'The Ultimate Test Playa' Mullah 42 0ff ....107 balls !!!

Not out as well. Watch that average after this tourney.

Looking forward to see more of Mullahs rearguard Test innings at the World Cup.

Tiger444
December 18, 2010, 11:12 AM

Hope its just 1 game but riyad is out of form big time. It seems he forgot how to hit.

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 11:20 AM

wasn't he dropped for his ULTRA-SLOW MO batting?
may God save us from his USM batting in the WC! Amen!

M.H.Rubel
December 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
Why dont we try Riyad at #4?

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 11:33 AM
Riyad and Naeem will only bring disasters for us by their selfish batting. Both of them are totally out of form and confidence. They had very little talent to begin with. Bits n bobs players at best.

Nasir Hossain and Sabbir Rahman should replace them IMMEDIATELY!

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
Riyad and Naeem will only bring disasters for us by their selfish batting. Both of them are totally out of form and confidence. They had very little talent to begin with. Bits n bobs players at best.

Nasir Hossain and Sabbir Rahman should replace them IMMEDIATELY!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

only if the selectors had the brain....!

wanna know the SR of our batting ratno(s) in 2010?

1) Tamim 96.15
2) S. Nafees 95.20
3) Shakib 80.14
4) Junaid 75.43
5) Jahurul 73.58
6) Mushfiq 71.35

7) Naeem 70.96
8) Mahmudullah 69.26
9) Imrul 67.15
10) Rakibul 61.71
11) Ashraful 58.98

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 11:55 AM
Why dont we try Riyad at #4?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

because.... that will make drama-queen to walk out of the team again!

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 12:06 PM
^^^ when will this drama queen saga stop.

I have just noticed my boy's SR is improving. Nowadays he strikes/hit/kick @ everything comes near him. I am demanding his inclusion in nat squad. He has just turned 3 and getting older everyday he deserves his chance before it's too late.

Rabz
December 18, 2010, 12:18 PM
Good win for Abahoni.
Lets win the cup back this year.

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 12:21 PM

7) Naeem 70.96
8) Mahmudullah 69.26
10) Rakibul 61.71

I would like to know their Average also. :-p

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 12:23 PM
Good win for Abahoni.
Lets win the cup back this year.

GreatModons are just too strong this year. So, its not happening.

Nadim
December 18, 2010, 12:26 PM
^^^ when will this drama queen saga stop.

I have just noticed my boy's SR is improving. Nowadays he strikes/hit/kick @ everything comes near him. I am demanding his inclusion in nat squad. He has just turned 3 and getting older everyday he deserves his chance before it's too late.

I hope you are not talking about his SR in domestic cricket...

jisaan
December 18, 2010, 12:33 PM
I would like to know their Average also. :-p

1) Tamim 96.15 -- 33.73
2) S. Nafees 95.20 -- 29.75
3) Shakib 80.14 -- 32.79
4) Junaid 75.43 -- 35.50
5) Jahurul 73.58 -- 31.20
6) Mushfiq 71.35 -- 25.61

7) Naeem 70.96 -- 26.88
8) Mahmudullah 69.26 -- 31.68
9) Imrul 67.15 -- 32.11
10) Rakibul 61.71 -- 26.33
11) Ashraful 58.98 -- 18.33

no wonder ashraful is the worst in every respect

M.H.Rubel
December 18, 2010, 12:54 PM
So among Naeem and Riyad none of them have too bad strike rate.Further more Riyad have a good average.so Riyad is not doing bad as we were thinking!Naeem need to improve both of his average and strike rate.

riankhan
December 18, 2010, 01:15 PM

11) Ashraful 58.98 -- 18.33

The great SIR Ash is consistent with his average. He deserves a spot in our NT for ever. Now, we have decided to include him at #7/8. But in future.......we will try him at #9/10.
But never ever think of putting him at #12.......never

Murad
December 18, 2010, 01:35 PM
So all the big teams won today. Big win for Mohamedan.

How come all three big teams played their game today? THey should have mixed it up.

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 01:46 PM
So among Naeem and Riyad none of them have too bad strike rate.Further more Riyad have a good average.so Riyad is not doing bad as we were thinking!Naeem need to improve both of his average and strike rate.

Precisely. This is how he is trying to fool everyone by playing ultra slow and remaining not out to hyper inflate his average. The position Riyad bat his SR should be in te high 90s if not into 100s.

Stats always dont tell the true story. One has to look at how and under what circumstances runs are scored. In Riyads case, not scored.

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 01:56 PM
Murad, that's too much thinking for CCDM. We are lucky to have a tournament before wc11. At one stage I thought they may postpone it as they could not get desired grounds in Dhaka because of renovation. But I am happy by default Bogura and Rajshahi fans were able to watch some exciting cricket. I would love to know the turn out on those grounds today. I am sure the figure will be more than Dhaka.

M.H.Rubel
December 18, 2010, 02:02 PM
Precisely. This is how he is trying to fool everyone by playing ultra slow and remaining not out to hyper inflate his average. The position Riyad bat his SR should be in te high 90s if not into 100s.

Stats always dont tell the true story. One has to look at how and under what circumstances runs are scored. In Riyads case, not scored.

But i think he ll not be a bad option in #4

Tiger444
December 18, 2010, 02:02 PM

Riyads avg and SR was boosted by a strong showing in the tri series. After that he hasn't scored a 50 and his SR has been abysmal. I really don't know what happened to him. He said in an article how he felt good practicing lofted shots in the training before the NZ series.

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 02:18 PM
Sunday, December 19, 2010Sports

Ispahani
Premier Division Cricket League
Smooth sail for biggies

Mohammedan batsman Nazimuddin drives through the covers during his 50 in the Premier Division Cricket League match against Orient Sporting Club at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium yesterday. Photo: STAR
Sports Reporter
There were no hiccups on the opening day of the Premier Division Cricket League as giants Mohammedan, Biman and Abahani posted comfortable victories against their respective rivals at different venues across the country.

After a short break the national cricketers got back to their business in the country's most coveted limited-over competition, probably their last competitive matches before next year's World Cup, but only pace spearhead Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and wicketkeeper-batsman Mushfiqur Rahim stood out for their teams on the inaugural day.

Big-spending Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal got out cheaply but still defending champions Mohammedan got off to a flying start with a 115-run victory over Orient Sporting Club at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium.

The holders managed a fighting total of 258 for nine in their share of 50-over thanks to half centuries from Shamsur Rahman and Nazimuddin. Shamsur hit 78 off 86 balls with three fours and a six while Nazimuddin added 50 off 67 balls that contained five fours and a six.

In reply, Orient were bundled out for 143 runs as Sri Lanka pacer Fervez Mahroof made the early inroads by removing Asif Iqbal and Anhoor Newaz. Left-arm spinner Enamul Haque also took two wickets conceding 18 runs from seven overs.

At the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra, Indian Yash Pal Singh slammed an unbeaten 90 after Mashrafe and his new ball partner Tapash Baishya shared seven wickets among them as the popular Abahani began their campaign with a convincing six-wicket victory over Surjo Torun Club.

Tapash claimed four wickets for 33 runs while his more illustrious new ball partner Mashrafe carried on his good form with three for 34 as Surjo Torun were dismissed for 205.

In reply, Abahani recovered from 71 for four to reach the target, finishing with 208-4 in 47.3 overs, thanks to an unbeaten 137-run fifth wicket stand between Mahmudullah Riyad and Yash Pal, who smashed four sixes and six fours during a 78-ball 90.

Riyad was atypically slow in his batting as the right-hander played 107 balls to score 42 runs with two boundaries.

Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak, the most successful bowler in the recently concluded home series against Zimbabwe, captured two wickets for 42 runs.

At the Shahid Kamruz-zaman Stadium in Rajshahi, Mushfiqur hit unbeaten 87 as Biman also got off to a flying start with a five-wicket victory in the low-scoring game against newly promoted Prime Doleshwar.

Riding on Mushfiqur's 113-ball 87 that featured eight boundaries, Biman scored 181 runs for the loss of five wickets in 43.3 overs in reply to Prime Doleshwar's total of 179 all out.

Earlier spinner Elias Sunny picked up four wickets for 34 runs and national paceman Shafiul Islam took two for 29 to wrap up Prime Doleshwar for 179 runs. One-down batsman Rezaul Karim top-scored with 78 off 129 balls that saw seven fours and a six.

SCORES IN BRIEF
MOHAMMEDAN V ORIENT

MOHAMMEDAN: 258-9 in 50 overs (Tamim 20, Nazimuddin 50, Shamsur 78, Shakib 24, Mashud 21, extras 13; Gazi 2-54)

ORIENT: 143 all out in 44.4 overs (Robiul 43, Taibur 18, Sazzadul 23 not out, extras 14; Mahroof 2-22, Enamul 2-18).

RESULT: Mohammedan won by 115 runs.

ABAHANI V SURJO TORUN
SURJO TORUN: 205 all out in 50 overs (Shuvo 44, Dhiman 44, Razzak 28, extras 22; Mashrafe 3-34, Tapash 4-33).

ABAHANI: 208-4 in 47.3 overs (Imrul 24, Lee Carsel Dine 23, Riyad 42 not out, Yash Pal Singh 90 not out, extras 12; Razzak 2-42).

RESULT: Abahani won by six wickets.

BIMAN V PRIME DOLESHWAR
PRIME DOLESHWAR: 179 all out in 48.4 overs (Rezaul 78, Imran 46, extras 22; Shafiul 2-29, Elias Sunny 4-34)

BIMAN: 181-5 in 43.3 overs (Mushfiqur 87 not out, Mubarak 34, Mosharraf 35 not out, extras 4; Nazmul 2-18).

RESULT: Biman won by five wickets.

Source daily star. Unable to put the link as posting from mobile

AsifTheManRahman
December 18, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim? Now is a better time than ever to bring him up the order.

Murad
December 18, 2010, 02:40 PM
Notun team re paiya..mushy koi..paise re paisi..ja korbar ajkei kore nei.. pore to ar korte parbo na...

Murad
December 18, 2010, 02:41 PM
Murad, that's too much thinking for CCDM. We are lucky to have a tournament before wc11. At one stage I thought they may postpone it as they could not get desired grounds in Dhaka because of renovation. But I am happy by default Bogura and Rajshahi fans were able to watch some exciting cricket. I would love to know the turn out on those grounds today. I am sure the figure will be more than Dhaka.

Ta thik bolchen. i was expecting too much from them.

Equinox
December 18, 2010, 03:04 PM
Notun team re paiya..mushy koi..paise re paisi..ja korbar ajkei kore nei.. pore to ar korte parbo na...
What was his average in the NCL again?

Rabz
December 18, 2010, 03:17 PM
GreatModons are just too strong this year. So, its not happening.

The clash between Abahoni and the modons were never measured in terms of their strength. Its the nerve.

BanCricFan
December 18, 2010, 05:47 PM
True but Tamim and Iceman have nerves of steel!

Naimul_Hd
December 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
Too many cooks will spoil the broth of Modons, dnt worry :D

Night_wolf
December 18, 2010, 09:24 PM

:up:

firstlane
December 18, 2010, 10:14 PM

Bring him on! Lets open a petition thread for his inclusion?

jisaan
December 19, 2010, 12:47 AM

Riyads avg and SR was boosted by a strong showing in the tri series. After that he hasn't scored a 50 and his SR has been abysmal. I really don't know what happened to him. He said in an article how he felt good practicing lofted shots in the training before the NZ series.

After the tri-series, look at his stats over the last 11 months:

Match - 20
Innings - 18
Not out - 3
Highest -37/:)
Runs - 262
Balls Faced - 536 (!)
Average - 20.93
Strike Rate - 58.58:mad:

Fours - 20
Sixes - 1 :sick:

just one :six: off 536 balls!!! even the no.6/7 batsmen of eighties would be ashamed of this.

Would you still want to know who is the main force behind our BPP/slog-over disasters??

BanCricFan
December 19, 2010, 06:54 AM
Good work Jisaan bhai. On current form(!) Inclusion of Riyad will be perilously nonsensical at the WC. He will be batting AGAINST us!

Now lets do one for Naeem as well ;)

Shaan
December 19, 2010, 08:11 AM
any updates on todays game !

M.H.Rubel
December 19, 2010, 08:39 AM
Dear moderators please make this thread Sticky.

Zunaid
December 19, 2010, 08:49 AM
Dear moderators please make this thread Sticky.

Stuck. And the fantasy thread too.

MohammedC
December 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b6d69c1c07b1d8d83b953b2856399 9ae&nttl=2010121921170&toppos=1

Day 2 report

Nadim
December 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
Notable performance:

Alok: :50: from 60 balls
Shabbir: 39
Nasir: 30
Nayeem: 32
Sir Ash: 25 RUNOUT :lol: (his team lost aswell)

Kamrul Islam Rabbi: 10-0-41-4...:clap:
Sanjamul Islam: 4 wickets....continuing his good work from last season :clap:

simon
December 19, 2010, 10:48 AM

agree.
He is the best choice as n°4.
Once he gets settled he can hit big.

jisaan
December 19, 2010, 11:09 AM
agree.
He is the best choice as n°4.
Once he gets settled he can hit big.

exactly!

he is the one who is most suited for No. 4 at the moment.
he will be refreshingly different from rokibul.
more importantly, our batting would not suffer from lack of momentum

having said so, i do doubt whether our management has any thoughts like this...
they stuck with rokibul & never gave mushy a chance to play up the order...

beshideshi
December 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
had no idea Abahoni snatched Lee Carseldine (http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/4541.html)! Good player to have in the domestic comp, much better than the Pakistani/Indian rejects that we saw a few years back. I am assuming Carseldine was approached once Symonds turned Abahoni down, not surprising though given Symonds decided to hang his boots for good.

Shaan
December 19, 2010, 11:31 AM
Notable performance:

Alok: :50: from 60 balls
Shabbir: 39
Nasir: 30
Nayeem: 32
Sir Ash: 25 RUNOUT :lol: (his team lost aswell)

Kamrul Islam Rabbi: 10-0-41-4...:clap:
Sanjamul Islam: 4 wickets....continuing his good work from last season :clap:
ekhon Ash-er notun batik hoise onnoke runout kora ebong nije runput howa..

Good to see Alok is getting run.. hope he continues good performance !!

MohammedC
December 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
Symonds would rather go fishing or drinking when it has anything to do with the word Bangladesh

Night_wolf
December 19, 2010, 11:42 AM
ekhon Ash-er notun batik hoise onnoke runout kora ebong nije runput howa..

Good to see Alok is getting run.. hope he continues good performance !!

yes i want to see alok someday back in red and green..he is the cleanest six hitter we have and plus he is an awesome fielder

Shaan
December 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
yes i want to see alok someday back in red and green..he is the cleanest six hitter we have and plus he is an awesome fielder
totally agree with you !!

simon
December 19, 2010, 01:00 PM
exactly!

he is the one who is most suited for No. 4 at the moment.
he will be refreshingly different from rokibul.
more importantly, our batting would not suffer from lack of momentum

having said so, i do doubt whether our management has any thoughts like this...
they stuck with rokibul & never gave mushy a chance to play up the order...

no,they did give Mushy chance & Mushy did shine but they had dffrnt plans later on.

Nadim
December 19, 2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166631
Old DOHS rode on their overseas players to beat Mohammad Ashraful-led Cricket Coaching
School (CCS) by 64 runs in one of three Premier League matches yesterday.

Bilal Hossain's half-century and a five-wicket haul from veteran Rashed Hanif ensured a perfect start for the two-time former champions who thwarted a significant force in their first game.

The other two matches went according to the pecking order as Kalabagan easily crushed BKSP by nine wickets and Gazi Tank beat Victoria Sporting Club by 39 runs.

DOHS-CCS
Bilal's strokeful 86-ball 77 laid the platform for DOHS who hardly looked in trouble after being put into bat by CCS captain Ashraful. After Bilal, it was the other Pakistani, Hanif, who struck five boundaries and a six in his 43 off 50 balls that carried DOHS to 251-7 in 50 overs at the BKSP ground.

CCS made a bright enough start to their chase with the left-right combination of Amit Mazumder and Shahbaz Butt adding 64 for the first wicket. After both openers fell in the 40s, it was up to Ashraful to lead the batting but Mehrab Hossain ended the former national captain's patient 25 off 37 balls with a direct hit from short third-man.

After Ashraful's departure, Tapash Ghosh and Nazmul Hossain added 35 for the fifth wicket but once that stand was broken by Hanif's left-arm spin, DOHS quickly wrapped up the tail and CCS were bowled out in the 46th over for 187 runs.

GAZI TANK-VICTORIA
A four-wicket haul from Sanjamul Islam and a fine spell of fast bowling from Al-Amin Hossain made sure Victoria fell well short of Gazi Tank's 233-run target at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi.

Al-Amin's two-wicket burst at the top, removing in-form Fazle Rabbi and Myshekur Rahman, was vital in Gazi Tank's bowling effort. Sanjamul's left-arm spin subsequently ran through the middle-order and also picked up the last wicket to fall, finishing with figures of 4-50 from 9.4 overs at his home venue.

Earlier, Alok Kapali's 62-ball 50 and Kaushalya Weeraratne's six boundaries (20-ball 32) took Gazi Tank to a competitive 232-8 in 50 overs.

KALABAGAN-BKSP
At the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra, Kalabagan strolled to a nine-wicket victory over BKSP, with 29.4 overs in hand.

Two wickets each from Shahadat Hossain, Mohammad Sharif, Arafat Sunny and Mahmudul Hasan ensured the sports institute was bowled out for just 118 in 42.5 overs.

Kalabagan took just 20.4 overs to reach their target. Nazmus Sadat struck a six and six Boundaries in his 63-ball 53 while fellow left-hander Nasiruddin Faruque was unbeaten on 48 off 45 balls.

SCORES IN BRIEF
OLD DOHS: 251-7 in 50 overs (Bilal 77, Tanvir 34; Waqas 2-33, Ashraful 2-43)
CCS: 187 all out in 45.5 overs (Shahbaz 44, Amit 41; Hanif 5-33, Shafiul 3-27)
Result: Old DOHS won by 64 runs.

GAZI TANK: 232-8 in 50 overs (Kapali 50, Sabbir 39; Kamrul 4-41, Monir 2-31)
VICTORIA: 193 all out in 49.4 overs (Mominul 61, Tarek 52; Sanjamul 4-50, Al-Amin 2-16)
Result: Gazi Tank won by 39 runs.

BKSP: 118 all out in 42.5 overs (Abid 25, Shoumya 21; Mahmudul 2-14, Arafat 2-23)
KALABAGAN: 121-1 in 20.4 overs (Sadat 53, Faruque 48 not out; Zakaria 1-18)
Result: Kalabagan won by nine wickets.

jisaan
December 19, 2010, 01:39 PM
After the tri-series, look at his stats over the last 11 months:

Match - 20
Innings - 18
Not out - 3
Highest -37/:)
Runs - 262
Balls Faced - 536 (!)
Average - 20.93
Strike Rate - 58.58:mad:

Fours - 20
Sixes - 1 :sick:

just one :six: off 536 balls!!! even the no.6/7 batsmen of eighties would be ashamed of this.

Would you still want to know who is the main force behind our BPP/slog-over disasters??

Good work Jisaan bhai. On current form(!) Inclusion of Riyad will be perilously nonsensical at the WC. He will be batting AGAINST us!

Now lets do one for Naeem as well ;)

After that match-winning 73* agt. Zimbabwe, let's have a look at his stats over the last 12 months:

Match - 16
Innings - 14
Not out - 5
Highest -43/:)
Runs - 242
Balls Faced - 341
Average - 26.88
Strike Rate - 70.96

Fours - 18
Sixes - 3

the very 1st match of the year was indicating something special for naeem.
he blasted lakmal for a 20-run over on Jan 4, 2010

But how lackluster a year it turned out to be for him afterwards!!!!
just one more :six: off the last 335 balls!!!

even in the Asian Games final, he depended on Sabbir to get Bangladesh out of jail.
and we all know, it was sabbir's whirlwind batting that brought us the Gold.
Naeem's inability was so woefully exposed on that day!

well.... BANCricFAN...
i am with you...

Nasir & Sabbir can't do anything worse than these two.....
rather, we can safely say, with sabbir's legspin, nasir's offspin & their heroics with the bat would surely better the efforts of mahmudullah & naeem

Nadim
December 19, 2010, 02:31 PM
I never liked Riyad from the beginning. Just look at his last 20 ODI, u will find why....:sick:

Riyad---->>>>Nayeem

IMHO one of them(prefer Riyad)...(if not both) needs to be replace by Nasir/Shabbir ASAP for GOOD(Nasir is a bit ahead of Shabbir atm coz od his bowling).

Murad
December 19, 2010, 02:32 PM
Riyad is a good batsman but the problem is his batting position. He is not a no.7/8 batsman. He should bat at 4 or 5. Shakib at 6.

Nadim
December 19, 2010, 02:35 PM
Riyad is a good batsman but the problem is his batting position. He is not a no.7/8 batsman. He should bat at 4 or 5. Shakib at 6.

Why do u want shakib to come @ 6 when he is doing fine @ 5???

And Riyad doesn't even bat @ 4 even in domestic cricket so how can u be sure that he will do well in that position?:ticking:

Murad
December 19, 2010, 02:39 PM
Riyad bats at 4 or 5 in domestic cricket. I want to see Shakib at 6 because most of the time he gets out before the powerplay overs. If he bat at 6, he can make a good use of PP overs. He is a good hitter.

_Rafi_
December 19, 2010, 03:08 PM
Murad vai, why do you want our best ODI batsman to run out of partners. Your idea of putting Shakib in at no6 is very weird. He is the guy who puts us in the go to kill in PP situation. Without his presence in middle there would be no PP situation for BD. Shakib should stay where he is now unless he is promoting himself upwards at no.4 position.

Shaan
December 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
Murad vai, why do you want our best ODI batsman to run out of partners. Your idea of putting Shakib in at no6 is very weird. He is the guy who puts us in the go to kill in PP situation. Without his presence in middle there would be no PP situation for BD. Shakib should stay where he is now unless he is promoting himself upwards at no.4 position.
very true..

riankhan
December 19, 2010, 06:55 PM
IMHO one of them(prefer Riyad)...(if not both) needs to be replace by Nasir/Shabbir ASAP for GOOD(Nasir is a bit ahead of Shabbir atm coz od his bowling).

I though girls will get crazy on Shabbir Roman when he will break through to int arena. But seems like boyz are interested too.......;)

Habib
December 20, 2010, 03:20 AM
Riyad bats at 4 or 5 in domestic cricket. I want to see Shakib at 6 because most of the time he gets out before the powerplay overs. If he bat at 6, he can make a good use of PP overs. He is a good hitter.

On the contrary, it won't guarantee that he'll stop getting out before or beginning of the PP overs. Most importantly, he is capable of making centuries, so he should be given as much time as possible to build his innings.

LBW103
December 20, 2010, 03:27 AM
Does anyone else feel whether is it is important or not that the national players do well in the DPL?

Shaan
December 20, 2010, 04:22 AM
I though girls will get crazy on Shabbir Roman when he will break through int arena. But seems like boyz are interested too.......;)

how can you be sure Nadim is not a girl ? ;)

Zunaid
December 20, 2010, 04:43 AM
Does anyone else feel whether is it is important or not that the national players do well in the DPL?

It is important. At the very least, doing well will enhance their confidence going into the big league. We may not get any series in between. They do need to play and play well unless the coaches would have preferred them under their wings in full training rather than losing them almost 6 weeks to the DPL.

rashed411
December 20, 2010, 07:57 AM
I though girls will get crazy on Shabbir Roman when he will break through to int arena. But seems like boyz are interested too.......;)

i still say Nasir is better looking. no homo

Naimul_Hd
December 20, 2010, 08:45 AM
i still say Nasir is better looking. no homo

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qvAw0IvuMAI/S2XvQ7Wl1SI/AAAAAAAABuQ/9EhBV8P_bI8/s400/a.bmp

Tiger Manc
December 20, 2010, 08:52 AM
Nadim is that Sabbir in your avatar?

nadia27
December 20, 2010, 09:20 AM
is there any match of mohammedan @ dhanmondi or bksp???? plz let me knw.

Tiger444
December 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
After that match-winning 73* agt. Zimbabwe, let's have a look at his stats over the last 12 months:

Match - 16
Innings - 14
Not out - 5
Highest -43/:)
Runs - 242
Balls Faced - 341
Average - 26.88
Strike Rate - 70.96

Fours - 18
Sixes - 3

the very 1st match of the year was indicating something special for naeem.
he blasted lakmal for a 20-run over on Jan 4, 2010

But how lackluster a year it turned out to be for him afterwards!!!!
just one more :six: off the last 335 balls!!!

even in the Asian Games final, he depended on Sabbir to get Bangladesh out of jail.
and we all know, it was sabbir's whirlwind batting that brought us the Gold.
Naeem's inability was so woefully exposed on that day!

well.... BANCricFAN...
i am with you...

Nasir & Sabbir can't do anything worse than these two.....
rather, we can safely say, with sabbir's legspin, nasir's offspin & their heroics with the bat would surely better the efforts of mahmudullah & naeem

I was really hopeful after naeem smashed lakmal for all those boundaries. Naeem had a similar fall as riyad. Naeem though has been better then riyad. Even though last match he had a 24 ball 23 he swung his bat a bit in the end. I haven't seen riyad doing that. Naeems also a better bowler and fielder so world cup time he should get the nod.

Honestly putting nasir and shabbir is not a great idea when they haven't gotten any national team matches. Heck they haven't even played much domestic cricket. Let them go through the ranks of A team first then we can consider them. On top of that let them be consistent in domestics. I'm sure they'll get a chance in the near future.

The problem is our strategy always seems to be set in stone which is old news. During powerplay overs we should put mash in ahead of naeem/riyad. The guy isn't afraid of swinging his bat and can add a few handy boundaries.

Jadukor
December 20, 2010, 10:21 AM
naeem/ryad both can be tried in Tests... they arent good enough in the ODIs... once upon a time our team was full of hitters... aftab, ashraful, alok..etc... and now we have such a team that can barely score 120 in a T-20 game... we need to find the right balance between drafting in defensive players like roquibul, kayes, junaid, ryiad naeem... and offensive players like tamim and shakib... at the moment if tamim gets out...we have simply zero chance of crossing 250....

shakibrulz
December 20, 2010, 10:35 AM
Bangladesh is the only team that will play a player like Riyad at the lower order. Either you give him a go at the top order, or just keep him away from the ODI team. Naeem despite all his well know slogging skills simply sucks to hit a few boundaries in the powerplay overs. Would really like to see Shabbir instead of Naeem as the middle order is fairly stable and scoring runs.

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 11:58 AM
how can you be sure Nadim is not a girl ? ;)

TBP, he is quite a macho :smug:
Next time, we (boyz) should go for:

Ayesha Akhter (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/301595.html)
Panna Ghosh (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/301600.html)
Tithy Sarkar (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/301608.html)

or wait for cricinfo to put profile pics on the rest :)

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 08:37 PM
had no idea Abahoni snatched Lee Carseldine (http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/4541.html)! Good player to have in the domestic comp, much better than the Pakistani/Indian rejects that we saw a few years back. I am assuming Carseldine was approached once Symonds turned Abahoni down, not surprising though given Symonds decided to hang his boots for good.

Pakistani/Indian rejects should now get eaten alive in the league.

mac
December 21, 2010, 12:39 AM
Why do I feel NCL was more competitive in the beginning?

Ajfar
December 21, 2010, 01:09 AM
ha some league we got going on? it been more than 3 days since the tournament started, and we can't even get proper scorecards?

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 01:16 AM
^^^^
sad really :(

Shaan
December 21, 2010, 02:32 AM
prothom alo'r ki hoilo dpl niya mukhe kulup aitta boshe ache..kuno coverage nai :(

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 05:02 AM
I was really hopeful after naeem smashed lakmal for all those boundaries. Naeem had a similar fall as riyad. Naeem though has been better then riyad. Even though last match he had a 24 ball 23 he swung his bat a bit in the end. I haven't seen riyad doing that. Naeems also a better bowler and fielder so world cup time he should get the nod (1)*

Honestly putting nasir and shabbir is not a great idea when they haven't gotten any national team matches. Heck they haven't even played much domestic cricket(2)**. Let them go through the ranks of A team first then we can consider them. On top of that let them be consistent in domestics. I'm sure they'll get a chance in the near future.

The problem is our strategy always seems to be set in stone which is old news. During powerplay overs we should put mash in ahead of naeem/riyad (3)***. The guy isn't afraid of swinging his bat and can add a few handy boundaries.

1) his 24-ball 23 again showed he still needs a lot to do with his batting. i would rate mahmudullah a bit higher than him as a bowler. but he is an excellent fielder and would probably get the nod

2) Has he (Nasir) played too few matches? can have a look at the following:

FC - 18
NCL - 18
DPL Matches - 58
U-19 Matches - 35 (4 tests)
Academy - 31
NCL t20- 5
U-21 (SAF Games) t20 - 5
Asian Games t20- 3

that is 173 major matches over the last 4 years (2007-10)! most of which are 50 over matches where we want him now.

Sabbir rahman has played 84 major matces over the last 2 years with commendable success and he was one the main architects of 2 of our historic wins in a very short period - SAF Games & Asian Games

3) We may even think of sending shafiul ahead of those bits & pieces allrounders esp. in BPP overs

LBW103
December 21, 2010, 05:42 AM

1) Tamim 96.15
2) S. Nafees 95.20
3) Shakib 80.14
4) Junaid 75.43
5) Jahurul 73.58
6) Mushfiq 71.35

7) Naeem 70.96
8) Mahmudullah 69.26
9) Imrul 67.15
10) Rakibul 61.71
11) Ashraful 58.98

Dont forget..opening/top 3 batters will be scoring more freely as they bat in PP. Middle order players usually come in to rebuild an innings so take longer.

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 06:58 AM
Dont forget..opening/top 3 batters will be scoring more freely as they bat in PP. Middle order players usually come in to rebuild an innings so take longer.

and Imrul has failed time & again & again ...

and... the late-middle order has to bat during BPP ..that's where mahmudullah/naeem failed time & again & again....

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mohamedan V Prime Doleshhar
Result: MSC tied with Prime a new comer in Premiere league. Tamim is back 70 from 49 ball, Moeen "The Rock" Ali 59 from 94. Shakib 33 from 25

Biman V Surjo Tarun
Result: Biman continues their good form. Mushy with the bat 77 not out and Elias Sunny with the ball 5 wicket haul.

Abahani v BKSP

No news apart from the sad news about Mash's knee injury. Edit: Abahani beat BKSP by 119 runs Rony 69,Farhad Hossain 45. Tapash Bhaishab took 3 wicket and Sajib,Babu and Farhad Hossain took 2 each

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=20078&pageTitle=details&editionID=1208

[বাংলা]

ঢাকা, ডিসেম্বর ২১ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - প্রিমিয়ার ডিভিশন ক্রিকেট লিগে মঙ্গলবার বিমান ৮ উইকেটে হারিয়েছে সূর্যতরুণকে। আরেক খেলায় ঢাকা মোহামেডান ও প্রাইম ধলেশ্বরীর খেলা টাই হয়েছে।

প্রথমে ব্যাট করতে নেমে ৪১ ওভার ৪ বলে ১৫৪ রানে গুটিয়ে যায় সূর্যতরুণ। জবাবে ২ উইকেটে জয়ের লক্ষ্য ১৫৫ রানে পৌঁছে যায় বিমান।

বগুড়ার শহীদ চাঁন্দু স্টেডিয়ামে টস জিতে সূর্যতরুণকে ব্যাট করতে পাঠায় বিমান।

সূর্যতরুণের পক্ষে সবচেয়ে বেশি ৬০ রান করেন জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক। রাজিন সালেহ করেন ৪৫।

এছাড়া আর কোনো ব্যাটসম্যান খুব একটা সুবিধা করতে পারেননি।

ইলিয়াস সানি ৫ উইকেট নেন ৩৬ রানে। একটি করে উইকেট নেন শফিউল ও শরিফুল্লাহ।

রান তাড়া করতে নেমে দুই উইকেট হারিয়ে জয়ের লক্ষ্যে পৌঁছে যায় বিমান।

মুশফিকুর রহিম ৭৭ রানে অপরাজিত ছিলেন। এছাড়া অভিষেক করেন ৩২।

এদিকে রাজশাহীর শহীদ কামারুজ্জামান বিভাগীয় স্টেডিয়ামে টস জিতে প্রাইম ধলেশ্বরীকে ব্যাট করতে পাঠায় ঢাকা মোহামেডান।

নির্ধারিত ৫০ ওভারে ৭ উইকেটে ২৫৯ রান করে ধলেশ্বরী।

দলের পক্ষে নাদিফ চৌধুরী ৭৫ বলে ৭৩, জাহিদ হোসেন ৮১ বলে ৫৬ ও নিজাম উদ্দিন ৪০ বলে ৫৬ রান করেন।

মোহামেডানের শুভাশীষ রায় ৪ উইকেট নেন ৬৩ রানে। এছাড়া এনামুল হক ৪৭ রানে নেন ২ উইকেট।

রান তাড়া করতে নেমে মোহামেডানের দুই উদ্বোধনী ব্যাটসম্যান তামিম ইকবাল ও মইন আলী উদ্বোধনী জুটিতে ৯৬ রান তোলেন।

তামিম ৪৯ বলে করেন ৭০। ৯৪ বলে ৫৯ রান করেন মইন। সাকিব আল হাসান ২৫ বলে করেন ৩৩।

নিজাম উদ্দিন ৪ উইকেট নেন ৫২ রানে। ৩৮ রানে ৩ উইকেট নেন রেজাউল করিম।

[/বাংলা]
http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=144755&cid=26#tp144861

[বাংলা]আবাহনী: ৫০ ওভারে ২৩২/৯ (রনি ৬৯, ফরহাদ হোসেন ৪৫*, মাহমুদউল্লাহ ৩৭, ইমরুল ২৬, আনামুল ২২; ইমামুল ৩/৩৫, রিয়াজ ৩/৪৫, ফুরকান ১/৩২, ইমরান ১/৪২)। বিকেএসপি: ৪১.৩ ওভারে ১১৩ (আশিকুল ৪৭, ফুরকান ২৩; তাপস ৩/২৮, ফরহাদ ২/৯, আলাউদ্দিন ২/১৫, সাকলাইন ২/২৪, মাহমুদউল্লাহ ১/৯)। ফল: আবাহনী ১১৯ রানে জয়ী।
সূর্যতরুণ: ৪১.৪ ওভারে ১৫৪ (জুনায়েদ ৬০, রাজিন ৪৫; ইলিয়াস ৫/৩৬, শফিউল ১/২৬, শরিফুল্লাহ ১/৩৪)। বিমান: ৩৩.৩ ওভারে ১৫৫/২ (মুশফিকুর ৭৭*, অভিষেক ৩২, সানোয়ার ২২*; মিজানুর ১/৭, গিয়াসউদ্দিন ১/২৬)।
ফল: বিমান ৮ উইকেটে জয়ী।
দোলেশ্বর: ৫০ ওভারে ২৫৯/৭ (নাদিফ ৭৩, জাহিদ ৫৬, নিজামউদ্দিন ৫৪*, আরমান ৩৩; শুভাশিস ৪/৬৩, এনামুল ২/৪৭, সাকিব ১/৩২)। মোহামেডান: ৫০ ওভারে ২৫৯/৯ (তামিম ৭০, মঈন ৫৯, সাকিব ৩৩, ফয়সাল ৩৩; নিজামউদ্দিন ৪/৫২, রেজাউল ৩/৩৮, রুবেল ১/৪১)। ফল: ম্যাচ টাই। [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-22/news/117523

Habib
December 21, 2010, 11:03 AM
I told you Moeen Ali wouldn't be able to save Modon's sorry ***.

Night_wolf
December 21, 2010, 11:08 AM
modon tie korse!..modon tie korse!:)

Haru-party
December 21, 2010, 11:12 AM
modnami at its best :lol:

Rabz
December 21, 2010, 11:20 AM
প্রমত্তা ধলেশ্বরীর রাহুর গ্রাসে ১১ মদন এর ভরাডুবি ।

মদন কি আর গাছে ধরে ?
মদন এখন জলে ভাসে ।

Shaan
December 21, 2010, 11:20 AM
modnar hathe dhoriye diese bodna :)

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 11:21 AM

মদন কি আর গাছে ধরে ?
মদন এখন জলে ভাসে ।

IS Doleshari a name of River?

Shaan
December 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mushy looks in great touch..also Tapash is doing gond bowling..

Habib
December 21, 2010, 11:26 AM

Paposh doing good bowling? More like those batsmen gifting their wickets away as usual.

Haru-party
December 21, 2010, 11:27 AM

মদন কি আর গাছে ধরে ?
মদন এখন জলে ভাসে ।

:floor::floor::floor:

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 11:27 AM
Paposh doing good bowling? More like those batsmen gifting their wickets away as usual.

cpome on Habib. Give bhaishab some credit.

Shaan
December 21, 2010, 11:29 AM

anyway he is the one getting wickets not the batsman, due credit goes to paposh !!

Habib
December 21, 2010, 11:34 AM
Well yeah credit goes to paposh ofcourse. I just can't forget the career ending nirmom pedani he received from Zim batsmen on a regular basis. Him getting all those wickets shows the quality of our domestic league.

Equinox
December 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
Well the DPL unearthed Shafiul for us so we shouldn't be so cynical. Due credit to Tapash Baishya.

Habib
December 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well the DPL unearthed Shafiul for us so we shouldn't be so cynical. Due credit to Tapash Baishya.

I would've been excited IF I hadn't seen him bowling before.

ahms
December 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
What is the score card for Abahani vs. other team.

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
shocked!!!!
no one is caring to post the scorecards of the most important league of a test playing nation?

Newspaper
Crapinfo
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2010-11_BDESH_Ispahani_Tea_Dhaka_Premier_Division_2010-11.html

all are sleeping...:doh:

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 12:29 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

he's having a fantastic run of form....:notworthy:
hope it continues .....

Ajfar
December 21, 2010, 12:30 PM
Miraz bhai is it possible for you to get the full scorecard for us please? Thanks in advance.

Tiger Manc
December 21, 2010, 12:46 PM
1) his 24-ball 23 again showed he still needs a lot to do with his batting. i would rate mahmudullah a bit higher than him as a bowler. but he is an excellent fielder and would probably get the nod

2) Has he played too few matches? can have a look at the following:

FC - 18
NCL - 18
DPL Matches - 58
Academy - 31
NCL t20- 5
U-21 (SAF Games) t20 - 5
Asian Games t20- 3

that is 173 major matches over the last 4 years (2007-10)! most of which are 50 over matches where we want him now.

Sabbir rahman has played 84 major matces over the last 2 years with commendable success and he was one the main architects of 2 of our historic wins in a very short period - SAF Games & Asian Games

3) We may even think of sending shafiul ahead of those bits & pieces allrounders esp. in BPP overs

You can't expect a big innings from Naeem. In 33 innings he's scored more than 30 on only 3 occasions!!
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56054.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting;v iew=innings

But at present we don't really have anyone else to fill the #7 allrounder role. Riyad's decline in form has been shocking and disappointing after the tri series. We could've done with those performances in the WC. Naeem is a better bowler and fielder so we may as well go with him.

The other strategy is to go with 7 batsmen. That would mean there's no alternatives with the ball and so we're banking on everyone performing well. It's a risky strategy because if one of the bowlers have an off day there's no one to give the ball to add some variations and halt the run rate.

The batting should benefit, even if we don't get a big hitter it doesn't matter as Naeem and Riyad don't hit out anyway. One solution could be to include Shariar Nafees at either #4 or #6. He can go at #4 and have Raqibul come in at #6 or vice versa. Mushy can come in at #7 and try to hit out. He already has the 2nd highest amount of sixes this year.

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
It's time for Suhuvashis Roy to step up.

in last DPL he is 8th highest wicket take and had better SR than shafi(whereas Shafiul was 3rd..)....and look where is Shafi now.

Hoping Shuvashis will impress the selectors this time. He will be the perfect replacement fot MASH.

[/B]http://i54.tinypic.com/2di2dj4.png

Tiger Manc
December 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
Tamim is blitzing everyone apart. Good to see Mushy getting runs again.

Very disappointed no scorecards are available.

shuziburo
December 21, 2010, 12:50 PM
Miraz bahi is it possibpe for you to get the full scorecard for us please? Thanks in advance.

Please, please, please...

AsifTheManRahman
December 21, 2010, 01:00 PM
Haha Mohammedan Dhaleshwarir kase dholai khaise. Haha eita ki joke.

riankhan
December 21, 2010, 01:01 PM
modon tie korse!..modon tie korse!:)

Habader tie porar boyosh hoini...
একটু আশার আলো না দেখালে তো হাবামনিরা মাঠেই আসবে না!
গাধার সামনে Tie (মুলা) ঝুলালাম আরকি :-p

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 01:04 PM
Haha Mohammedan Dhaleshwarir kase dholai khaise. Haha eita ki joke.

Shob sissie player(Shak/Tamim) niya khelle emoni hobe :-p

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 01:05 PM
Prime Doleshwar produced the first upset of the season when they held defending champions Mohammedan Sporting Club to a tie in their Premier Cricket League encounter at the Shaheed Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi yesterday.

The Motijheel giants could not score the four runs required off the final over as the newcomers gained a massive boost to their morale quite early in the league.

Elsewhere the two other games went according to the formbook as both Abahani and Bangladesh Biman easily defeated BKSP and Surjo Tarun respectively.

DOLESHWAR-MSC

Prime Doleshwar skipper Imran Ahmed opted for a left-arm spin finish to the Mohammedan innings which required only five runs from the last two overs to beat the newly-promoted side. After Nazmul Hossain Opu gave away only a single in the penultimate over, it was up to the under-rated Rezaul Karim Rajib to bowl the final over. Mohammedan's Noor Hossain was clean bowled off the first ball, and then the last pair of Enamul Haque and Shuvashish Roy failing to collect the required runs.

Off the final ball, with Enamul on strike, Mohammedan needed two for a win. The tail-ender could only muster a single to cover to level the scores at 259-9 from 50 overs.

Off-spinner Nizamuddin Ripon picked up 4-52 while Rajib took three wickets.

It was a huge letdown for the favourites as they had been cruising for most of the match. Openers Tamim Iqbal (70) and Moeen Ali (59) gave them a cracking start, adding 90 from just 13 overs, after Doleshwar had made 259-7. Another left-handed pair, Shakib Al Hasan (33) and Faisal Hossain (33), then added 63 for the fifth wicket; skipper Khaled Mashud walked in to finish the job once the pair was broken in the 42nd over.

But the former national captain turned the game on its head when only 24 runs were needed from the last eight overs. Mashud slowed down the game, resulting in the next two wickets -- Faisal and Farveez Maharoof -- falling in the space of 34 balls for just 18 runs.

Then Mashud, having made a painstaking 24-ball eight, fell for a catch at mid-on when trying to hit out at left-arm spinner Opu in the 49th over.

Earlier, Prime Doleshwar's score was built around Nadif Chowdhury's 73 and a half-century by their Pakistani recruit Mohammad Zahid. Paceman Shuvashish took four wickets for the defending champions.

ABAHANI-BKSP

Ibn the match marred by Mashrafe Bin Mortaza's knee injury, Abahani made light work of BKSP, winning the game by 119 runs at The institute's cricket ground.

Batting first, the Dhanmondi giants made 232-9 from 50 overs with Rony Talukder making 69 and Farhad Hossain cracking a late-order 45.

Tapash Baisya and Alauddin Babu made sure of no drama as they took the first five wickets for only 48 runs. Tapash ended with three for 28 while Alauddin, Saqlain Sajib and Farhad took two wickets each.

BIMAN-SURJO TARUN

Biman completed their second consecutive win with an eight-wicket mauling of Surjo Tarun at the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra.

Batting first, Surjo Tarun collapsed in a heap after a 103-run third wicket stand between Junaed Siddiqui and Rajin Saleh. They lost their last eight wickets for only 36 runs, to be bowled out for 154 in 41.4 overs. Left-arm spinner Elias Sunny ran through the middle and lower orders, picking up five wickets.

Mushfiqur Rahim smashed an unbeaten 77 off 87 balls (seven 4s, two 6s) as Biman romped home in only 33.3 overs.

SCORES IN BRIEF

PRIME DOLESHWAR: 259-7 in 50 overs (Nadif 73, Zahid 56; Shuvashish 4-63)

MSC: 259-9 in 50 overs (Tamim 70, Moeen 59; Nizamuddin 4-52, Rezaul 3-38)

Result: Match tied.

ABAHANI: 232-9 in 50 overs (Rony 69, Farhad 45; Riaz 3-45)

BKSP: 113 all out in 41.3 overs (Ashiqul 47; Tapash 3-28)

Result: Abahani won by 119 runs.

SURJO TARUN: 154 all out in 41.4 overs (Junaed 60, Rajin 45; Elias 5-36)

BIMAN: 155-2 in 33.3 overs (Rahim 77 not out; Mizanur 1-7)

Result: Biman won by eight wickets.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166943

Habib
December 21, 2010, 01:11 PM
Nice work by Khaled Mashud :P He's the Abahani agent this year.

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
Why Mashud is the captain when there is Boss??? :mad:

crikss
December 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
This Elias Kanchon dude seems to be very good with Bowling and quite consistent

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 01:50 PM
Why Mashud is the captain when there is Boss??? :mad:

Shaks captaincy last season for Abahani at domestic level scared them.

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
You can't expect a big innings from Naeem. In 33 innings he's scored more than 30 on only 3 occasions!!
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56054.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting;v iew=innings

But at present we don't really have anyone else to fill the #7 allrounder role. Riyad's decline in form has been shocking and disappointing after the tri series. We could've done with those performances in the WC. Naeem is a better bowler and fielder so we may as well go with him.

The other strategy is to go with 7 batsmen. That would mean there's no alternatives with the ball and so we're banking on everyone performing well. It's a risky strategy because if one of the bowlers have an off day there's no one to give the ball to add some variations and halt the run rate.

The batting should benefit, even if we don't get a big hitter it doesn't matter as Naeem and Riyad don't hit out anyway. One solution could be to include Shariar Nafees at either #4 or #6. He can go at #4 and have Raqibul come in at #6 or vice versa. Mushy can come in at #7 and try to hit out. He already has the 2nd highest amount of sixes this year.

2) Has he (Nasir) played too few matches? can have a look at the following:

FC - 18
NCL - 18
DPL Matches - 58
Academy - 31
NCL t20- 5
U-21 (SAF Games) t20 - 5
Asian Games t20- 3

Well, i meant to say Nasir played 173 major matches & he should be a good bet.
we need s. nafees to be tried again. i agree to you on that point... but rokibul seems to be a waste at #4.

jisaan
December 21, 2010, 01:52 PM
why mashud is the captain when there is boss??? :mad:

shaks captaincy last season for abahani at domestic level scared them.

posted via bc mobile edition (iphone)
:-d:-d:-d

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 01:54 PM

What do you expect from a number 8 batsman/:)

Habib
December 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
Shaks captaincy last season for Abahani at domestic level scared them.

LOL. Now they'll be even more scared of Mashud's batting.

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
I have big question.
Which team does nadim98 support?

Murad
December 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Mohamedan eto expensive team niya o durbol notun team er sathe tie kore.. :lol:

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 02:01 PM
I have big question.
Which team does nadim98 support?

Dhakaiya Gangsta! (http://fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=2229) ;)

MohammedC
December 21, 2010, 02:07 PM
Dhakaiya Gangsta! (http://fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=2229) ;)

No wonder our domestic cricket going downhill. Because there is no passion from youngsters who are real cricket fanatics. It's all about which player from nat squad doing well etc.

Habib
December 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
No wonder our domestic cricket going downhill. Because there is no passion from youngsters who are real cricket fanatics. It's all about which player from nat squad doing well etc.

Second that.

simon
December 21, 2010, 04:00 PM
I really want to see Mushy bttng at n°4 in WCup.

pagol-chagol
December 21, 2010, 04:09 PM
I am hoping Tamim learns a thing or two from Moeen ali, like Shakib did.

jisaan
December 22, 2010, 04:10 AM
I am hoping Tamim learns a thing or two from Moeen ali, like Shakib did.

what should he learn? a 50 off 90-odd balls!!! then Javed Omar will be the best teacher on earth.

what has shakib learned from him? with all due respect to Moeen Ali, shakib belongs to a different class... farcry from Moeen.

LBW103
December 22, 2010, 05:03 AM
what should he learn? a 50 off 90-odd balls!!! then Javed Omar will be the best teacher on earth.

what has shakib learned from him? with all due respect to Moeen Ali, shakib belongs to a different class... farcry from Moeen.

Moheen is a first class player and Shakib a world class international.